6.8

(Better than 27% in Stimulant Free)

PRICES (4)
(120 ct) - [$0.33/ct]

Ill Pump You Up

(120 ct) - [$0.35/ct]

Muscle and Strength

(120 ct) - [$0.35/ct]

Amazon

Silencer is a Stimulant Free Weight Loss Product manufactured by Redcon1. It can increase metabolic rate and fat loss without the use/inclusion of traditional stimulants.

Weight Loss > Stimulant Free

Overall
Overall
3.0
2.0
  November 14, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
    • Unknown Ingredient Included

38 years old active duty Army, and I workout 4-5 days a week. This is my second review of my REDCON1 stack that I have been running. I added this to the stack to see if I could benefit from a non stim fat burner, though I am not looking to lose weight, but like everyone else there is plenty of fat to burn and lean out! This is only the second stim free fat burner I have ever taken, so lets see if this truly did silence some fat.

Props to REDCON1 for a fully transparent label. It appears all of their products are like this, and this is becoming the industry standard, so I always appreciate it. Plus at my age I must know what I am putting into my body without any guess work.

Acetyl-L-Carnitine HCI (500mg) / L-Carnitine Tartrate (500mg):L-Carnitine is involved in energy metabolism and mitochondrial protection. It is made in the body, but can also be consumed through food. Supplementation of L-carnitine does not burn fat unless the individual is deficient in L-carnitine. Acetyl-L-Carnitine known as ALCAR has been shown to be very effective at alleviating the side effects of aging, like neurological decline and chronic fatigue. Theoretically, ALCAR supplementation for fat burning should work well, but studies on ALCAR in isolation do not show very good results. Fat loss is typically attributed to the increased activity done by people, from the increased energy they have from ALCAR supplementation. (Examine.com) Standard dosing here is between 500mg - 2g, so we have 1g when you combine the 2 forms of L-Carnitine. Goes well with ALA, which is included here, but this does not really seem to do much in my opinion.

Garcinia Cambrogia Extract (50% HCA) (500mg):This is said to aid in weight loss and joint pain, however, there remains insufficient evidence. Exact daily dosing also depends on too many factors (health, age, gender etc..) to pin point.

Conjugated Linoleic Acid (60% Powder) (CLA TG) (500mg): CLA has been investigated to be a fat burner and health promoting agent due to its effect on a molecular signalling receptor family named PPAR which is related to fat burning, steroid signalling, inflammation, and glucose/lipid metabolism. However, human studies on CLA are very unreliable and the overall effects seen with CLA are not overly potent as well as sometimes contradicting. CLA is a good research standard to investigate fatty acids and the PPAR system, but its usage as a supplement for personal goals is quite lackluster. CLA tends to work better in obese and sedentary individuals, but even in this population it is quite unreliable in exerting benefit. (Examine.com) Dosing here is typically 3200 - 6400mg daily, so we fall quite short here in terms of dosing.

Dandelion Root Extract 4:1 (Taraxacum Officinale) (200mg): Dandelion is used for loss of appetite, upset stomach, intestinal gas, gallstones, joint pain, muscle aches, eczema, and bruises. Dandelion is also used to increase urine production and as a laxative to increase bowel movements. It is also used as skin toner, blood tonic, and digestive tonic. (WebMD) There of course is insufficient evidence on all of this. Dosing here depends on many factors, so hard to pin down. Again, seems like a filler ingredient to me.

Alpha Lipoc Acid (100mg): ALA is a fatty acid present in the mitochondria. It is involved in energy metabolism and may decrease blood glucose acutely. It is commonly taken with L-Carnitine supplements, as they are related in mechanisms. ALA provides a short but potent reduction of oxidation by increasing anti-oxidant enzymes. Here we have an antidoxant, with recommended doses between 300-600mg, we fall well short of that here. Sure this may go well with L-Carnitine, but not really doing much in terms of aiding fat loss.

Raspberry Ketone Powder 99% (50mg): The jury is out on this ingredient. There is a lot of debate on what these do if anything at all. Studies show that it can replicate the effects of Ephedrine or Synephrine in the human body, but that has only been seen in vitro (in a test tube), no studies exist for orally taking this. Also recommended dosing here starts at 870mg and ranges all the way to up to 5g, depending on your weight. Its possible this ingredient does nothing at all, even if it does this is severly underdosed. Me personally, I think this is just one of those filler ingredients that the mainstream public likes to see that really does nothing for you, but I have no factual evidence to back that up.

3,5-Diiodo-L-Thyronine (200mcg): Not much is known about this but people take diiodothyronine to lose weight, treat high cholesterol, and enhance bodybuilding. There is concern on this ingredient as any long term effects are unkown at this point. Here are some articles to read up on this https://academic.oup.com/endo/article-lookup/doi/10.1210/en.2014-1933 and https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9651103. Basically this is a big unknown, and I am not exactly psyched that I put something so unknown in my body.

Realistically the CLA, Garcinia, and 3,5-Diiodo-L-Thyronine are the only things in here to aid in fat loss. The rest are anti-oxidants or are there to boost energy in a non stim way to motivate you to workout harder to lose that weight. So not a great profile in my opinion at all, and I really do not like the addition of 3,5-Diiodo-L-Thyronine since I do not like to be a test case for unknown ingredients. Really, they should scrap all the nonsense ingredients in here and just make a CLA type product, because that dosage needs to be upped for sure along with others.

Taste/Mixability: Pills so nothing to note here. Did not have any taste to them at all which is good.

Dosing: 4 pills a day. Directions call to take one serving a day or two servings a day for maximum results, allowing 5-6 hours between servings. I stuck with one serving a day with breakfast for the most part. The last week or so I moved to taking it upon waking up, but really did not make a difference.

So I really do not think this did a thing for me. I saw no weight loss, which of course is not really a good factor but its something. When I took Size Slim's non stim fat burner I at least noticed my pants feeling looser, but that was not the case here. My diet is pretty much the same from when I took that up until now, it never really changes. There was no appetite suppression that I can speak of, at times I thought it was there, so even if it did exist it was so minor that you would not even notice. I am kind of at a loss what to write here because this just was not effective to me at all, at least it did not hurt me from what I can tell. I am starting to think this product was developed to compliment Double Tap (REDCON1 Stim Fat Burner), but on its own it really does not do a thing. I did not try to take 2 servings a day, but I doubt it really would have made a difference. Really you are better off just taking a CLA product with higher doses. Back to the drawing board guys!

I bought this for $49.99 from the REDCON1 site. For 30 servings that comes out to be $1.67 a day which is crazy. Its hard to even compare this to the industry standards because it did nothing so therfore their really is no value here for me. You can find this for $39.95 from I'll Pump You UP.com but again the value here is not there since their really are no results.

Side Effects

None noticed at least in the short term.

Conclusion

Being a Army guy, I expect a lot from a company that wants to name all of their products based on the military and cater to the Armed Forces. Silencer was disappointing to say the least. REDCON1 has a ton of great products out there, which you will see in later reviews from me in the near future, but this just seems like a product they jammed out to get in the non stim fat burner market. Nothing notable here, save your money guys and gals, there are better options out there. I cannot recommend this product for anyone!

Other Prices: