Double Tap (DMHA Version) has been reported as discontinued.

Check out the top-ranked products in Weight Loss > Thermogenics

Double Tap (DMHA Version) Reviews

By: Redcon1

Double Tap (DMHA Version) is a Thermogenic Weight Loss Product manufactured by Redcon1. It increases the body's temperature and raises metabolism, helping to burn more calories and assist with fat loss.

Double Tap (DMHA Version) has been reported as discontinued.

Check out the top-ranked products in Weight Loss > Thermogenics

Overall
(SR paid for product; Redcon1 did not participate)
  February 24, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Increased Sweat While Working Out
  • Great Value
  • Minor Fat Burning
  • Energy Crash
  • No Appetite Suppression

38 years old and I lift 4 days a week. REDCON1 as a company has interested me so in November 2017 I ran a REDCON1 stack and tried about 8 or 9 of their products. There are of course a bunch I have not tried, one being Double Tap, so when this was offered up I had to try it out. Of note this was sent out by SR (Tommy and Clipper) so thank you to you guys for the opportunity to try this out. Lets see if my marksmanship is still on track and I can double tap the bodybuilding terrorist we call fat in the face.

Like all REDCON1 products, this is a completely transparent profile, which is the way it should be these days especially when you are talking about a product with stims and exotic stims in it. I am going to cover the exotic ingredients and the ones you may not be familiar with. This is based off one dose, which is 3 Gelatin Capsules.

Acetyl L-Carnitine (1g): L-Carnitine is involved in energy metabolism and mitochondrial protection. It is made in the body, but can also be consumed through food. Supplementation of L-carnitine does not burn fat unless the individual is deficient in L-carnitine. The standard dose for L-carnitine is between 500-2,000mg, with ALCAR specifically being 630mg - 2.5g. (Examine.com) So we have a nice dose here.

Theacrine (Teacrine) (100mg): Theacrine is an alkaloid structurally similar to caffeine, and preliminary evidence suggests that it activates similar signalling pathways. The preliminary evidence also suggests less tolerance with theacrine, but research is too sparse to draw any conclusions. (EXAMINE.com) Exact dosing of this is unknown, but Teacrine is a patent owned by Compound Solutions which is said to provide pure Theacrine.

2-Aminoisoheptaine (100mg): DMHA is the successor to the now banned DMAA and is a mostly synthetic compound that boosts energy levels, focus, concentration, and appetite suppression. Best dosage to take is 1mg per body weight up to 160mg, so the 100mg is a nice dose for everyone! As you may have noticed this is currently being phased out by REDCON1 and other companies, so this really did not last that long. Also of note, the formula for Double Tap has been changed, so this is no longer included in the pill form on the REDCON1 site.

Octopamine HCL (30mg): A metabolite of synephrine, Octopamine is a stimulant compound that is also thought to have minor fat burning effects. Banned by WADA due to its stimulatory properties, the direct fat burning claims may not be relevant and are effectively untested in humans. (EXAMINE.com) Exact dosing of this is unkown. This is also no longer in the re-formulated Double Tap.

We also have 500mg Green Tea Extract, 150mg Caffeine Anhydrous, and 150mg Di-Caffeine Malate. So this is some serious energy rolled up in here along with the exotic stims listed above. As I mentioned in some of the ingredients, this version of Double Tap Pills appears to be discontinued, as it is no longer available on the REDCON1 Website, but you can still find it on Amazon or other outlets. The company removed DMHA and Octopamine and replaced them with 100mg Theobroma Cocao Extract, so please bear that in mind. Pretty high on the stims here, so not for someone that cannot handle high stims, this works great as a PWO as well, which we will cover below.

Taste/Mixability: Nothing to report here as these are Gelatin pills. No weird smell or taste and easy to swallow.

Dosing: Some days I took this right before a workout as a PWO in conjunction with a Pump Product, and other days I took this mid-day after lunch to get through the rest of the day. I always dosed three pills at a time, and if you are unsure if you can handle this or not the directions recommend to take one pill, if your okay wait 4-6 hours take another and work up to 3 pills a day. I can handle high stims so dosing it at 3 pills at once was no issue. You will find on their site in the questions section for Double Tap they recommend 3 pills at once, even though it does not list that on the bottle instructions.

To me this product was much more than a thermogenic, it was also an energy enhancer. I know most thermo's have caffeine included, this one stood out since it included DMHA. I will separate this by energy and fat burning, then talk about label claims.

Energy: By far the best part of the product, I had enough energy to get through a 90 minute workout session with no issues at all. Also when taken in the middle of the day it got me through the afternoon slump and I was full of energy and able to get tasks done easily. I did have a crash following this each time, and it was pretty horrid. I would say about 3-4 hours after taking this I would feel like I got hit by a truck and lost all my energy. That was the only downfall here, and I think including something like Theanine would really help out here.

Fat Burning: I had gotten my diet in order and was very strict on it for about two weeks before starting this run. I was averaging .4" off my gut per week at first, and taking this bumped it to .5" so a minor boost, but that is kind of what we expect. It is not the magic pill and really worked great to help me kick start the holiday fat melt off, and once my body plateaued out it helped to keep the fat off. My weight went from 246 to 241 while taking this, but I was also putting on lean muscle which made my weight stay the same, and my waist and fat were lower. So yeah this does an okay job here.

The label states "Body Fat literally melts off while dramatically improving energy even in a caloric deficit. Brain fog and mental clarity are profoundly increased." Yeah some fat did melt off, and energy was highly improved. As far as the cognitive properties, sure they were enhanced because of the caffeine and stims, but other than that there was not much help there. Maybe add in some Huperzine A and this would be a different story.

One thing this product did not aid me with was appetite suppression. My appetite never changed while on this, which was fine by me, but if you are taking this purely for the fat burning and wanted this to help you eat less, then this is not the product for you. To me this is almost a PWO or energy booster more than fat burning. The only time I felt a thermogenic effect was during workouts which I have found DMHA to make me sweat a lot. I never sweat or felt hot otherwise, which i am fine with. Overall, I enjoyed my run on this, just be careful of all the stims.

It looks like you can still find this formula on Amazon for $25.49 for a 30 day supply (only 4 left in stock as of 24 Feb 18). That comes out to 85 cents a day. Not sure if they are just marking it down to sell out and get the new version, only time will tell. It also looks like I'll Pump you UP.com is selling this version as well but for $39.95. I say the Amazon price point is pretty decent considering the exotic stims included.

Side Effects

None Experienced.

Conclusion

So it appears this version of Double Tap pill form is phasing out, but it is still available to purchase on multiple sites. I am unsure how the new version will be, but this one was pretty fun to run. If it was not for that daily energy crash I really would have enjoyed this more. I think it does an okay job at fat burning, but I really liked using this in conjunction with a non stim pump product, to me that is its greatest use. Be careful when you dose this though, since it has so many stims in it, you prob will have a hard time going to sleep if taken to close to bed time. Thanks for allowing me to run this, it was pretty fun!

May 9, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Increased Sweat

Whats up SR, figured I'd drop a quick little review of Redcon1's Double Tap in the pill format, as with summer coming up I know we all could shed a few pounds before beach season rolls around. I personally ran Double Tap as a pre cardio and occasional mid day pick me up.

The first thing to jump out at me when I first saw Double Tap was the total transparency on the label, no prop blends, no pixie dusting of key ingredients. The label goes as follows:
    Serving Size: 3 Capsules
    Servings Per Container: 30
    Acetyl L-Carnitine 1g
    Green Tea Extract 500mg
    Caffeine Anhydrous 150mg
    Di-Caffeine Malate 150mg
    Teacrine 100mg
    2-Aminoisoheptaine 100mg (the newest DMAA replacement)
    Octopamine HCL 30mg (promotes wakefullness)

As you can see the label is actually fairly simple, only 7 active ingredients, all of which are in effective dosages. Perhaps the most impressive to me is the 1g serving of ALCAR, this is a compound most fat burners/ thermogenics tend to include in smaller does so they can claim it on the label. Very impressed with Redcon1 going for a full gram dose of the ALCAR. Clearly from a quick viewing this is a high stim thermogenic.

This review is for the pill format of Double Tap, there is a powdered version available. 3 average sized pills is the serving size.

I'll break this down into pro's and con's in order to keep this as simple as possible

Pro's:
    The energy I received from taking Double Tap was more then I could have asked for. I took three pills pre cardio (typically martial arts type training) or if I was really feeling beat down I would pop a serving during the day at work. My alertness seemed to increase almost immediately and I did find myself feeling sharper and more awake.
    In terms of actual the thermogenic effect this was an area that Double Tap shined. The effects were never immediate however, I would take my serving about a half an hour before I boxed and about 15 minutes into the session I was soaked. This is clearly due to the large dose of Teacrine, safe to say I started bringing extra towels to class. I never found the thermogenic effect to be prominent when not actually exercising , at work I saw no significant feelings of increased warmth or sweating.
    I was also impressed with the focus that DT gave me, I found myself able to lock in my training and dig deep for the extra push

Con's:
    This is only a con depending on what you're looking for in your thermogenic, but I personally saw no change in appetite. Appetite suppression was not something I was looking for anyways from this product, but regardless I didn't see any notable changes in appetite. Perhaps a solid dose of Garcina could have helped this?

Value does knock DT down a few points, I bought it on a BOGO through TigerFitness in the winter time and saved it for the warmer weather. it runs around $40+ for a 30 serving size bottle. This is not the worst value I have seen, but it isn't the best either. Wait around for a deal, Redcon1 usually has a promo/ discount code going pretty frequently.

Side Effects

Nothing of note for me. With this being high stim I wouldn't recommend taking it anywhere near bedtime.

Conclusion

In conclusion if your'e looking for a high stim thermogenic to help push through long or tough cardio sessions while helping you sweat more and burn more calories off during your summer prep then this is a fantastic option. Also serves as a great pick me up during those tough days at work. However if your'e in need of appetite suppression then I would consider stacking this with an appetite suppressant to see improvements in that regard. Its important to keep in mind that this product wont do the work for you, your dieting and workouts need to be on point to see that number on the scale change, this will help get you to the training sessions but its ultimately you that needs to put the work in. All in all a great product.