Vitamin Shoppe Reviews

Ranks #8 of 44 (better than 84%) of all Retailers

DEALS (2)

6.3
  September 23, 2015

Whats up everyone. Another review here. I have been using SR for a few years on and off for research purposes on which supplements to buy or stay away from. I used to go to a local vitamin shoppe when my buddy worked there and I would always get their Kre Alkalyn (which was super cheap and really good). I just got most of my online order today and decided to write a review on my experience. I usually stick with amazon for all of my online shopping. Although I did see someone put one of their deals on here for a BOGO 50% off of their protein powder. Also I was looking at different sites for D POL and found it on Lockout Supplements. When I realized it would be $23.95+around $9 for shipping, buying it together with the protein seemed like a better option. I really enjoy supplements and saving money so I jumped on it.

Selection (8/10)

Their selection actually surprised me. I didn't realize until I visited the site how vast their selection was. They didn't have everything I was looking for (specifically Leucine at a correct dosed product), but I believe there isn't an online store that has absolutely everything. Amazon comes close and even they are not perfect. In essence Vitamin Shoppe comes really close to having the best selection on the web.

Layout and Ease of Ordering (10/10)

Their website and being able to order I have absolutely no complaints. I didn't have any errors, times I had to order twice, or had to contact tech support just to complete an order.

Prices(8/10)

Their prices are amazing if you are buying one of THEIR products. When you compare name brand supplements to other e commerce supplement sites they are a little bit more expensive. Although if you factor out that more often than not most products have FREE shipping, probably ends up the same. I got two Body Tech Protein powders for $38 with 57 servings all together. To me that's a steal. I purchased D POL for $33. I was hesitant but again since it is free shipping it factored out to about the same price.

Shipping (9/10)

My shipment came two days earlier than it was supposed to. Well most of my shipment. See my service section. Also their choice of using UPS was a plus. I have bought countless supplements from other online stores and they use USPS primarily. They try to cram every product in a little box as if their life depended on it. With UPS not so much.

Service(6/10)

Ok so here is my only big and huge complaint. So I purchased two protein powders and Purus Labs D Pol. About a day later I received an email stating that the D POL was not in stock and needed to be back ordered. Usually sites are quick to put NOT IN STOCK up front rather than letting some customer make a purchase and having to go through telling them whats going on. I noticed two days later the shipping tags were made for the protein and was waiting to be picked up. Cool. So I chatted via their chat box and asked the ETA on when the DPOL would be in stock and ready to ship. The person on the other end said that it was in stock and would be shipping the next day. It is day 5 and I received my shipment minus the D POL. I chatted again via their online chat and the person on the other end said that they won't be getting the shipment in until the 28th(five days away) and when they get it they will ship it out. I was thinking of switching my order to another D Aspartic Acid product, but they said I would have to cancel my order and than buy the other product separately. Technically if I redid the order when I first got the email I would have been able to. Considering I don't plan on running it until the 20th of next month, and it's the highest rated in its category I am hoping its worth the wait. Although I can't bash the entire company/experience for one what seemed to be an inept employee. However, this did make me peg them hard for their service category.

Conclusion

Closing statement I feel I may be a long time consumer of vitamin shoppe after all. I have taken many of their products and they all have performed epically. I will stick with my name brand pre's, post, and test boosters. However their whey protein and creatine products seem like a great way of getting what I need supplemental wise and still saving a few bucks. POPS OUT!

January 26, 2016

Hello SR. I've been going to Vitamin Shoppe for quite sometime now when it comes to needing a basic supp that I just ran out of. I try to keep track of daily supps such as multi's and fish oil, but sometimes just run out unexpectedly. Recently made a visit to the store today and thought I'd give my opinion on Vitamin Shoppe. I'd definitely recommend choosing this store over GNC for several reasons. Without further adieu; here's my review for a pretty decent walk-in store to visit. (they sell online as well)

7.5/10

Their selection is pretty decent, not the greatest in terms of online purchasing, but for a walk-in store I like the variety compared to GNC. They have a lot of name brands on their shelves. However, the selection for these brands are not completely present. For example, you can find BSN protein and No-Xplode but not much else like the NO supp (at least the local store I go to).

The better portion of the selection for me is their own brand products, which they have a lot of for each supp category. Also, I'd like to note they carry random supplements you can't find in alot of stores. After my wife was finished breastfeeding she wanted to stop the milk production to prevent possible infection and swelling, so they carry a reliable natural tea supplement meant for this. Kudos to Vitamin Shoppe for being open to supplements not just fitness related.

Layout and Ease of Ordering

Every time I walk in the store is clean and well lit. Kinda like walking into a pharmacy. There are plenty of aisles and shelves along the wall clearly displaying where specific supplements are. If it's something not common an associate is usually a few feet away ready to help. They are quick at checking out even on the weekend when my store is pretty packed. You get in and out with ease.

7.5/10

The prices are not the cheapest, but not the most expensive either. I usually found Vitamin Shoppe products cheaper than GNC's supplement line, and they were just as effective. I think the better part is that they have alot of BOGO deals especially on vitamin and mineral supplements. Plus you don't need a lame "gold member's card" or whatever to take part in their deals. You can easily sign up prior to checkout for their card, which of course is free.

Shipping

Sorry, I didn't use the online portion of this store. I only physically go to Vitamin Shoppe locations.

Service

I really do enjoy their customer service. As mentioned an employee is usually available if you need help finding something, and they even hold a supplement for you if you give them a call. Things like the milk inhibitor tea that I mentioned are in small store quantities, so them holding it for us is pretty nice. I tried this with GNC before on a different supplement and the dude sounded like he was laughing and hung up. Pretty unprofessional. Vitamin Shoppe employees from my experience with them are kind, friendly, and professional.

Conclusion

I'd recommend stopping in to Vitamin Shoppe if you ever needed to grab a decent multi vitamin or something along those lines. If you're a big brand user they usually have the protein products, but everything else within the brands products may or may not be available depending on the store and their customer demands. A friendly store with knowledgeable employees and good deals. Catch them at the end of each season to find BOGO deals usually.

June 17, 2009

Vitamin Shoppe is a lot bigger store then a GNC. They have a lot better selection of product. Also the prices are a lot lower then GNC. But if you want better service I would go to GNC. GNC employee's always give out infomation while at the Shoppe they just don't say anything. Sorry for comparing everything to GNC but it is the only other nutrition store I shopped at. Now I'm all about Vitamin Shoppe unless there is a big sale at GNC.

February 25, 2010

Good, convenient store. Better prices than GNC and they have a free card system that gets you purchase points rewards. I'm not one to buy supps online, so I basically have GNC and Vitamin Shoppe to choose from and VS wins hands down. The employees generally seem to know what theyre talking about and dont try to push certain products on you.

February 13, 2011

Physical Vitamin Shoppe stores are my preference if I want a supp ASAP. Their prices are much better than GNC.

Here's a tip to save a few $$'s, go to their online site, typically prices are a few bucks cheaper. Print out the page and bring it to the store. They will honor the cheaper online price for all products. If the rep doing the sale says no, ask to speak to the manager and they will honor it.

The staff is friendly and provide good detail pertaining to your needs. If they don't carry a product you can ask the manager to special order something for you. They typically have to carry the line currently to do so.

September 6, 2009

Love this place and is quickly replacing GNC for me. I have 2 new locatrions local to me, so gettin there would be easy as pie. Priceas are great! WHen I shopped for Nitrix, everyone else had the 120ct. listed at $100+ while at the Shoppe they had it at around $85. The service isn't great, but the stores are new so I cut them some slack. The selcetion is good, but not great. While they have a better selection of brands then GNC, they don't carry complete lines. The only brand fully represented was Muscle Tech, which sucked. All in all this is the shop to go to, and give them awhile to let their employees get informed.

January 6, 2010

I have been working out for several years now and have been getting my supps from GNC because I had no recollection of Vitamin Shoppe. Once I started working there, I realized their prices year round are better than GNC even during the first week of the month when you can use the Gold card. If you shop online the prices are even better and they will send you discounts and special offers the more you buy. When ordering online, the shipping was free with certain orders and incredibly fast while keeping products in great condition.

March 1, 2010

I usually like to buy my supplements online(mainly from A1Supplements..been meaning to try out Mass Nutrition and BodyBuilding.com) because the prices are almost always cheaper than any store. I wouldn't recommend buying anything online that you could find in store from VitaminShoppe, for one because they will match the online specials in their stores(Tip: ask them to check the internet price). Though many of their supplements aren't aren't as cheap as most Internet sites they aren't that off. I bought some ON 100% Whey from them for $41.. online it runs at about $37-38, which is almost the same when you factor in shipping. They have a good points program where you get rewards at the end of the year. They also have some great deals at their discount table.. I bought some EAS Glutamine Powder on sale for $12 and got $5 off with my rewards bonus. They have a better selection, prices, and service than Vitamin World and GNC(especially GNC). Their employees here where I live in Colorado are nice.. they aren't as pushy and full of BS like a lot of the people at GNC who try to peddle off the most expensive stuff. All in all, I wouldn't recommend buying from them online, but if you don't want to shop online/wait to have your stuff shipped/buy in bulk, then I would recommended physically going to Vitamin Shoppe and checking them out.

March 2, 2010

I usually buy my stacks of supplements online because it is always cheaper than Vitamin Shoppe or GNC, but for Protein and pre-workouts, I use Gold Standard and Jack3d so their prices are always good and it is easier and quicker to just run over to Vitamin Shoppe to pick them up. They always have what I am looking for and the prices are very reasonable compared to GNC. They have a free points system so at the end of the year you get a gift card for a certain amount you spent, which is awesome. I will always shop at here over GNC any day due to their good prices and the employees can be very helpful and not bother you to death with the products they need to sell for commission. So all in all this is a great place to shop and I highly recommend it.

October 26, 2010

the vitamin shoppe is the best plceto get online supplements (wait!! i know youre saying "well what about bodybuilding.com and gnc!?" so let me explain before you find this review not helpful lol) the prices for vitamin shoppe are usually cheaper than most online places and WAY cheaper than gnc (that's a no-brainer). They also have a VAST AND WIDE variety of supplements to choose from (remember, bodybuilding.com is specialized in BODYBUILDING and gnc is crap)..also, when you order, they make sure your supplements come in safe and secure, as they put stryofoam or bubble plastic around the item to assure safe delivery. In addition to these factors, more things come along into play with the vitamin shoppe..when you order, you automatically recieve a magizine type booklet with supplements, herbs, vitamins, minerals etc, that people are ravaging abouut. they give detailed infiormation on every item also..included in the book are some specials and coupons..

OK, i know your saying "ok thats great", but thats not it!!! when you buy items your recieve points..after you accumulate so many points, you recieve FREE (or discounted) prizes!

the vitamin shoppe is the usplabs of online buying..it is DIRECT, to the point, and has NO FILERS lol..while bodybuilding.com is like muscletech..excellent advertisement and colorful labels, but not much else...