Endurance Reviews

By: PurAthlete

Amino Acids > Recovery
Endurance is a Recovery Product manufactured by PurAthlete. It is an amino acid based product that is designed to assist in workout recovery.
6.6

September 5, 2016

• Increased Recovery
  • Reduces Muscle Fatigue

A different approach to a protein/carb supplement that I was curious to try. The guys at PurAthlete push this as a hydration and recovery product. I have been experiencing some pretty bad bicep cramps late at night after working any kind of arms so I decided to give this a try. Also it has a nice amount of protein in it and who doesn't love that.

26 servings (54g each scoop) of 20g of carbs, 18g of protein, 1g of fat, and then the other 15g is minerals, electrolytes, flavoring, and thickening agents.

After looking at the PurAthlete website I see that citrus was the only flavor offered in this, and in my opinion this stuff was god awful. I felt like I was drinking powdered milk mixed with a little lemon juice. My suggestion is use ice cold water and make sure there are no clumps. A room temp shake with this stuff and a clump popping up will make even the hardest stomach turn and have difficulties holding it down.
Mixing for the most part was alright, only had clumps a few times thank god.
Dosing, I used this towards the ends of my workouts usually right before I did a cardio cool down or ab work.

This is a protein supplement but it is marketed as so much more. In the area I see most pushed with this product was hydration and endurance qualities. For me I thought this stuff was great in that sense. I felt great while on this and the cramps were usually non-existent, I didn't notice a whole lot of endurance change from an overall range standpoint, but I was able to push out a few more reps without cramping and my muscles felt full, able to hold contraction a little longer before cinching up.

The only place I saw this was the manufacturers website and it is an arm and a leg. 26 servings for $80, I don't think I would drop that kind of money on any single product on the market right now or in recent past. Unless they can get the price down substantially I don't see a whole lot of units being sold to the general public and surely not me.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Overall I liked the product, I wish they would add some more flavors to the line up and make it more palatable but the product itself was above average. Regardless of how well the product worked though your looked at close to a bill for a month supply and that just simply was the deal breaker for me
  • Citrus splash: 3/10

3.0
  August 30, 2016

• Increased Recovery
  • Reduces Muscle Fatigue
  • Mixes Terribly

First I would like to thank Pur Athlete for allowing me to review their supplement, and the SR TROOPs program for making the connection possible. Endurance seems to have good intentions behind it, but the price for the product just seems a bit ridiculous.

The ingredient profile is basically protein, electrolytes, and carbs. Yes, the blend will show a long list of ingredients that have their entire name all out in the open for us to read, but in the end similar ingredients that are not the highest in quality such as this supplements still work just as well. They have to be aiming for the peeps that like TRAACS minerals and fancy protein names. However, for the average consumer they just aren't needed if the price is going to be what it's at.

There's 18g's of protein and 20g's of carbs by the way. All around decent ingredient profile, but I could purchase several supplements in bulk to create my own endurance product for half the cost and more than 26 servings.

I received the citrus splash and it was not the most pleasant supplement to drink while training. The powder mixed terribly and needs to be worked on to have better mixing potential with water in a shaker. Dosing is 1 scoop. I took my scoop intra workout and dreaded the taste and grainy feeling every workout.

It does work. I give it that and the review is not to say that the supplement doesn't do what it's intended to do. While using Endurance intra workout I was able to push through after heavy lifting and complete about an hour and a half of training. Sometime 2 hours. My muscles never felt like they were going to fatigue or be on the verge of excessive muscle strain. Recovery time was also reduced and I was able to feel pretty good in the morning following a workout. All around great endurance and recovery product to use for all athletes.

This is where it gets real. $71.99 for a tub of 26 servings via their website. I couldn't find it being sold anywhere else. That's around $2.77 per serving, when you could buy cheaper products, mix them together, and come out around $1.00 per serving. I understand quality ingredients are being used, but even NutraBio isn't throwing around numbers like that. If the price drops I could see this being a more profitable product for Pur Athlete.

Side Effects

Made me gag every time I drank this

Conclusion

Endurance is an effective supplement for the category of use it falls under, but the price just makes me not want to recommend it until costs or something have improved for them to do a severe price check. Until then I'll just leave it at meh since it does work well at one scoop for me. Thanks again for allowing me to review your supplement Pur Athlete.
  • Citrus splash: 2/10

August 27, 2016

Cons:
Shout out and thanks to the Pur Athlete reps.

INGREDIENT PROFILE: A
Overall a simple profile.
It's about what I expect from a product that touts itself as an "endurance" supplement, while still presenting itself more as a shake than anything. The calories are light (enough), and the proteins and carbohydrates are agreeable (18g and 20g respectively). Everything else falls in line pretty much, and there's nothing that jumps out at you.
The ingredient breakdown is simple, and you find quickly that it is more a whey protein and maltodextrin supplement than anything.

MIXING: B
It took a minute to get Endurance to mix completely. On the first try you'll get some small clumps that float to the top, but if you shake it again they go away.

TASTE: C
I received the "citrus splash" flavor, which is citrus-y. The consistency messes with the flavor, and on its own is tolerable. However, when used as part of a bigger shake (think pre-workout) the taste fades easily and becomes unnoticeable.

EFFECTIVENESS: A
Label claims are as follows:
Continuous recovery
Optimized Hydration
Then you got the name of the product, "Endurance".
Overall I will say it worked as advertised. I typically used one or two scoops pre-workout, and during the hottest days of summer it kept me on pace in my workouts. When the gym is at its hottest, hydration becomes a priority more than anything else. You'll easily go through two shirts within a given workout, and if you're not on top of your hydration you'll get drained quickly. I still sweated a ton, still whipped through clothes like a runway model, but I never felt drained. I liked that.
In addition, the one obstacle I've ran into since I made the jump to geared powerlifting is all the energy spent putting gear on and taking it off. I'm not squeezing into squat suits three sizes too small, but it still thick canvas. When I was using Endurance, I can take my gear off than still have the energy (and want-to) to finish the workout.
At the end of it all this may all be attributed to simply ingesting more calories pre-workout, but I still believe it was a little more than that. Endurance isn't a miracle worker, but it'll work.

VALUE: F
$80 for 26 servings. Ouch.
I kind of got the feeling that all that goodness wouldn't last, and it didn't. I can buy quality bulk powders of whey protein hydrolysate and maltodextrin for a fraction of the price (less than half, in fact). That's a deal breaker, end of story.

OVERALL: C
Endurance has a simple profile, it works, but is way overpriced. Despite the good, I can't recommend this product in good conscious. It is just flat-out too expensive.
  • Citrus splash: 7/10