100% Whey Protein Reviews

By: Bodybuilding.com Signature

Protein > Whey Protein
100% Whey Protein is a Whey Protein Powder manufactured by Bodybuilding.com Signature. It is a dairy based protein that supports lean muscle gain by suppling additional protein to recovering muscles, which can also improve fat loss.

Overall
Overall
9.3

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good Flavor
  • Digestive Enzymes
  • Respected Brand
  • Some Clumping

The Bodybuilding.com signature brand is a relatively new brand to the supplements industry. Bodybuilding.com itself is well known and has a huge following. There products are simple but well backed in research and seem all around solid to me so far.

So before I start, as always, I am not at all a nutritionist or have any degree of sorts to back up scientifically what I say in this review, I only go off my experience gathered from lifting and what I can read from scholarly articles to bodybuilding articles. I have been lifting and using supplements for around a year and a half now and gained lots of knowledge from the use and comparison of them. I am an avid lifter and stay very up to date in fitness and supplements.

Now to begin on the Signature Whey. I had seen a lot of hype surrounding this product, it's a simple whey with the common staples of any whey protein. Composed of whey isolate, concentrate and hydrolysate. These are backed by much research, and are used in many blended proteins made. I had read many places that the vanilla was the best vanilla many people had tasted and that the mixability was good so I decided I would give it a try since I was tired of chocolate flavored proteins.

Bodybuilding went down the right path with fully transparent labeling. There Signature whey is made up of; Whey Protein Isolate, Whey Protein Concentrate, Whey Protein Hydrolysate. Along with other things for consistency and flavor. These types of Whey are mixed at 13 grams isolate, 6 grams hydrolysate, and 6 grams concentrate. There are also digestive enzymes to help digest and absorb the protein and help with any stomach problems many people get from protein.

Taste- The Vanilla was some of the best tasting protein I have had. I'm new to trying vanilla protein but I've had samples of a few others and this one ranks at the top for the best protein taste I've had. I normally do not like protein with water however this one I could handle.
Mixability- this mixed fairly easy for protein. It took a little bit of stirring but nothing to vigorous, and normally wasn't too clumpy, however it would sometimes randomly clump up a little more which was annoying at times.
Dosing- Dosing is really hard to tell with protein. From research I read it was doses at effective amounts and made logically sense as to why it is dosed how it is. And the digestive enzymes are doses properly because there is no upset stomach with this protein.

Effectiveness is also a really hard section to determine with protein. However while I was using this I was cutting weight and relying heavily on the protein shakes as protein and a food source in general. I was able to drink the protein shake in place of a snack or full meal. It would fill me up some what and I was losing weight and keeping most of my muscle so it appears to me that it was effective in supplying protein to my body.

The value is pretty great, probably the highlight of this protein. It goes for 27 servings for about 25$ or $50 for 67 servings. However bodybuilding is always having sales on their products so you can almost always get a better deal so very much worth it if it is on sale.

Side Effects

Zero side effects, easy going on the stomach.

Conclusion

Bodybuilding's Signature Whey is a no bs fully transparent, inexpensive, and research backed protein. Sounds like a pitch to get someone to buy the protein but that really is just what it is. Nothing fancy, but it gets the job done, and does a good job at it. For me I will probably buy it again in the future, it's something solid to have around especially since it is so inexpensive.
  • Vanilla: 9/10

• bctuthill
    May 25, 2018

*Their products...; *Their signature whey...

• kt34lifting
    May 25, 2018

Responding to the above comment: That shows that it is not a good idea to type up a review at 3 A.M., simple mistakes, you would think as a college graduate I would get the right there, and their..... sorry about that.