Machine Whey Reviews

By: MTS Nutrition

Protein > Whey Protein
Machine Whey is a Whey Protein Powder manufactured by MTS Nutrition. It is a dairy based protein that supports lean muscle gain by suppling additional protein to recovering muscles, which can also improve fat loss.

November 24, 2016

• Tastes Good
  • Average Recovery

I was looking into trying another Whey protein when I came across the reviews for Machine Whey. With all of the positive reviews I figured I would give it a shot. I'm glad I did because I found a pretty good product.

25g (per scoop) of Optimal Biological Value Whey Protein Matrix which is made up of Whey Protein Concentrate and Whey Protein Isolate. 18 Amino Acids in all. I will mention a few........Leucine 2579mg, Isoleucine 1415mg and Valine 1395mg plus Glutamic Acid at 4459mg. Natural and artificial flavors and sucralose as the sweetener. 150 calories with 5g of carbs of which 2g are sugar for each scoop. It seems that this company pushes the Whey Concentrate over the Isolate (based on literature I read on their website).

The chocolate flavor was good. This was much, much thicker than any other protein I have used in the past. I am not saying this is a negative I just found it as a surprise the first time I tasted it. It mixed well with milk but even better with water. Only mixed it using a shaker cup so cannot comment on any other method. I used milk the first few times then finished the rest of the 5 pound container with water. I dosed at two scoops for each shake. One in the morning and one post workout.

I judge Whey protein on a few things. Stomach Issues-This did not cause any stomach issues. Continue to Progress-I was continuing to hit the goals I set. Recovery-I feel this did a fairly decent job in the recovery aspect. With the amino acid profile this product has I expected a better recovery than I experienced. With other proteins I feel I was better aided in recovery. It is hard to judge the effectiveness of a whey protein. As long as I don't go backwards, lose strength while on it and I am not running to the potty every 5 minutes, it is hard to say a protein product is a dud.

I paid $57.99 on Amazon for 67 servings. This comes out to $0.86 per serving. I believe this is a good price per serving. I doubled up on the servings which does cause the value to go down but that was by my choice. I found it on Muscle and Strength for $54.99 for 66 servings which comes out to $0.83 per serving.

Side Effects

Conclusion

All in all this is a good product. I do believe the company pushes a whey protein concentrate over an isolate, which is good if you prefer concentrate. I prefer an isolate. There is a wide range of flavors to choose from so I am sure there is a flavor for everyone. Since I did not have any bad experiences with this product I would recommend giving it a go. I also saw you can make something called "Sludge" out of this protein. I did not attempt it but I would like to hear from someone who has. If you like to mix your protein in a blender and make an actual shake out them with other ingredients, this might be a good protein to try it with due to its thickness.
  • Chocolate: 7/10

November 21, 2016

• Low Effectiveness

I received this protein at the 2016 Olympia Expo for free so it was not much of a decision whether I was going to use it or not. It seemed like it had a good mix of amino acids and protein, and for what my goals are in the gym right now I felt it was a good decision to try. Overall, it tasted good and for some people it may be beneficial to try, but for me didn't do much. I usually notice a difference within 2 weeks or so depending on the ingredients, but after a month of experimenting there was not much change.

Whey protein isolate, whey protein concentrate (25g) - the fact that it was a combo protein was a turn off for me. Whey isolates are mainly rapid absorbing and are better for immediate recovery and effectiveness. I usually use isolate right after my workouts (within 30 minutes) to get the most out of it. Whey concentrate is a slower absorbing protein than isolates and typically less expensive. You can use concentrates either before or after your workout or even both.

Amino acids (10,927mg)
There are 18 amino acids listed in this product each having their own respective effectiveness. The most relevant and abundant is isoleucine and leucine (1415mg and 2579mg respectively). Leucine is responsible for activating protein synthesis and build lean muscle. Research has suggested that the idea leucine builds lean muscle is unreliable, but individuals do report some benefits.

Lactose is almost non-existent in this product

L-glutamine (4459mg) - Glutamine plays many roles and is most effective in protein metabolism, cell volumizing, and anti-catabolism. Glutamine also increases your ability to secrete Human Growth Hormone, which helps metabolize body fat and support new muscle growth. This is a good supplement to take especially when your goals are to cut down. It also has benefits to boost your immune system.

Low carb and fat content

The flavor that I got is Cookies and Cream. I was able to try a sample at the expo before I chose which flavor I wanted. This was actually really good, but I think mostly because it was chocolate based and not vanilla based. I also was able to sample some other flavors such as Red Velvet. Surprisingly it was very tasty. As with any protein, mixability is dependent on how much liquid you use. I normally use 12oz water. More water will make it more "liquidy" and less with make it thicker. One scoop of this product is 38g and has about 60 servings whether you use it 1 or 2x per day will determine how long it lasts

This is an area where I think this product is lacking. It has quality ingredients which makes me wonder why it didn't work as well as I had hoped. I think it mainly had to do with the type of workouts I am doing. Since I work four 10 hour days I am forced to workout every other day (because I have other obligations as well). My workouts are more heavy weight based and I think this product would pair much better with a fat loss hypertrophy workout. I am not saying that this product will not work for others, but for me I did not see a change. Normally with proteins, I feel a change in regards to recovery and physique and it seemed I was feeling a lot more "runned down" than when I was taking other proteins. I began to think it was because of my long work days, but after a while you adapt to those sort of things. Overall, I would give the effectiveness of this product a B- because of what I listed above.

About $55 for a 5lb tub which is a normal price for protein.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Pair this product with the right workout. With the right training program, and the proper dosing with your workouts, I think this protein can be effective. It has some good ingredients which allows the value of this product to increase, and it is sold by Tiger Fitness which is an up and coming company. The glutamine and amino acids make it a viable product to allow your body to recovery quickly and possibly build lean muscle. You can look TigerFitness up on Youtube if you would like to know more about the company. If anyone decides to try this product and finds it effective I would like to know what type of workout you decided to do while on it. Mainly for personal knowledge, but also so I don't have a skewed view.

June 30, 2016

• Bloating

After reading numerous reviews about the taste of Machine Whey, I decided to try it. I have not had prior experience with MTS except for the owners Youtube videos that he puts out frequently. Generally, I will only use whey isolate since some versions of concentrate can give me stomach issues. However, I wanted to try new flavors and Machine Whey seemed like a good start.

As I stated previously I generally go with whey isolate and when I purchased Machine Whey, I noticed that it does include isolate. However, it primarily is a whey concentrate, which I found out after taking it (more on that later). It should be noted that the ingredient profile and servings do change based upon the flavor that is purchased. For example, peanut butter cookies and cream has 60 servings. Each serving is a 38g scoop that includes 160 calories, 4g of fat (1.5 saturated), 6g carb (3g sugars), and 25g of protein. As for chocolate that has 67 servings each being a 34g scoop with 150 calories, 4g fat (2.5 saturated), 5g card (2g sugars), and 25g of protein. If you do decided to purchase this protein I would advise that you pay close attention to the label to ensure it meets your macro needs (I am sure that many of you already look at the labels). It should be noted that some versions do include high fructose corn syrup and sucralose.

When I purchased this product, I bought Aussie Triple Chocolate, Peanut Butter Cookies and Cream, and No Bake Cookie. I took between 2-3 scoops a day at the following times: one in the AM with breakfast and two after I worked out. I would mix them with either milk or water; they all tasted better with milk. I did need to use a blender bottle with the ball in order for them to properly mix (some powder would get stuck in the cap). As for the taste, the Aussie (7/10) was rather flat and it had little chocolate cups in it. The cups were interesting but they would sink to the bottom and get stuck on the side of the shaker cup. This was a unique flavor and the bottle used the Australian label, which was interesting. The Peanut Butter (8/10) was quite good and was more on the creamy side. It had small cookie pieces but they were very small. As for the No Bake Cookie (5/10), I did not like this flavor at all. It had a slight cinnamon flavor and I felt like it was too heavy but as sludge it was somewhat better. Overall, I thought the flavors were above average but I have tasted better (PES Cookies and Cream, Man Sports Clean Protein Cookie Stuffed Cookie, Nutrabio Whey Isolate and others). I would definitely recommend trying the different flavors but I would buy a small container to see how you like it.

It is hard to rate the effectiveness of a protein powder since I view it as an additive to my daily food intake. I will say that I felt above average recovery on this product versus when I do not take a protein supplement. My results while using this product were similar to when I used other protein supplements. However, I did have some side effects such as bloating and protein farts while taking this product, which I believe does bring down the overall effectiveness.

I previously mentioned that the labels of this product varies. This variation can bring down the value of the product considerably if you do not scan the servings per container. For example, Strawberry Cheesecake has 70 servings making the price per serving about $0.78 per scoop ($54.99 per 5-pound tub). One the other hand, Creamy Red Velvet Cake has 57 servings making price per serving $0.96 per scoop ($54.99 per 5-pound tub). So, really be aware of the servings you are purchasing and decide if the flavor is worth the price.

Side Effects

I did have side effects from this product. I had bloating and protein farts about an hour or so after ingesting the product. This occurred even if I mixed it with milk or water and I do not believe I have a lactose issue since I do eat a lot of dairy and have not had issues. The issues would occur at both dosages that I took this product (one scoop and two scoops at a time). The stomach issues were never very severe but they were an inconvenience.

Conclusion

Overall, I do recommend this product as it does have some unique flavors that are worth a try. If you do decide to purchase, I would be aware of the variations in the servings per container and the inclusion of high fructose corn syrup (in some flavors) and sucralose. I hope this review helped because I did not see many recent reviews for this product.

-Xcmiler
  • Aussie Triple Chocolate: 7/10
  • Peanut Butter Cookies and Cream: 8/10
  • No Bake Cookie: 5/10

Overall
Overall
8.9
  July 3, 2015

• Protein Farts
I bought 3 tubs of this, I'm going to do this review on all 3 flavors.

First, flavor chocolate mixed very easily tasted like you would except from a chocolate flavor not to strong or chalky after taste. I personally used it more for cooking protein balls or making the sludge with this one.
Second, Mint cookies & Cream. mixed very easily the taste was out of this world it honestly reminded me of girl scout cookies I mixed this particular flavor with milk. it was delicious every time it was my go to shake.
Third, Red Velvet cake it also mixed very easily. I was little skeptical with this flavor cause I figured it would either be a hit or miss. Well, it was a hit. I thought the taste was spot on but, not to sweet. still kind of craved my sweet cravings though.

I felt it helped with my recovery. always easy to get down. helped with building lean muscle

$55 for a tub isn't too pricey for what your getting because the taste is great. your getting about 60 1 scoop servings. it's not available to buy everywhere I usually get mine from tigerfitness.

Side Effects

I will admit I had a little more gas with this product so look out. but we have all come to except that out of protein products anymore.

Conclusion

Give this product a try its worth it. if anything just for the taste. plus they give you the amino profile on the tub I like that espically after this whole amino spiking going on. it also great if your into cooking I felt the chocolate gave the protein balls and cookies a little extra bang! im sure the vanilla flavor would be the same.

June 26, 2015

• Not Widely Available Yet

(Background info on yourself, diet, experience, goals, first thoughts on the product and how you discovered SR)
This is my first review on supplementreviews.com, even though I have been a long time user of this awesome website.

Background- I am a former ACC football player. I started 4 seasons, after having redshirtted my first year. As a result of my time playing collegiate football, I have learned a ton about exercise and nutrition. Basically for my 5 years in school, I was on a bulk...trying to get as big and as strong as I possibly could. Now that I am a regular person and don't need to lift the world, I lift to stay in shape and lean up. I played at a solid 235, and am now 200 pounds. Needless to say, after a 5 year bulk and my current cut, I am in pretty decent shape.

Goals- I want to continue to maintain some of my muscle, while leaning out.

Initial thoughts on MTS Machine Whey- It is a staple in my supplement stack, and has been for about a year now. It has been such a great product that I feel the need to share my positive experience with it.

Other supplements I plan on reviewing- Core ABC, Defcon1, Optiburn, Prejym, Postjym, Projym, Aminogro, and tons more that just aren't as recent...

Love that MTS Machine Whey is a transparent protein. Also like the blend of Whey Protein Concentrate and Whey Protein Isolate better than just Isolate. I don't mind the few carbs, because in the grand scheme of things they aren't too high. At 25 grams of protein and only 7 grams of carbs, Key Lime Pie fit my needs just right. Also, I enjoyed the high BCAA and Glutamine content.

MTS Machine Whey is one of the best tasting proteins I have ever used. My favorite flavors (in order) are: Keylime pie, Cookies and Cream, Mint Cookies and Cream, and Caramel Sutra. I would say that MTS Machine Whey (in all) is better tasting than Iso100, Projym, Cellucor Whey, and definitely Gold Standard Whey. The flavors of MTS Whey are great in water...which is what I normally use to mix my protein. The cookies and cream and mint cookies and cream is good with almond milk, but I still liked it with water. The Key lime pie was ok with almond milk, but definitely not as good as it was without water.

MTS Machine Whey has great mixability, however for the flavors with "pieces" in them (i.e. key lime pie, C&C) you will get some of the supplement to settle at the bottom if you leave it mixed too long. This wasn't a problem for me, as I would really enjoy the pieces of graham cracker once they got all soggy and whatnot.

I also enjoyed making sludge with my MTS whey. I wouldn't use Marc's recipe, but instead I would use a little frozen fat free whipped cream, water, and 1 scoop of whey and really really enjoyed it. I also enjoyed mixing Key Lime Pie flavored MTS Whey with key lime pie kefir. That tasted amazing.

As far as the effectiveness of a protein goes, it's really kind of hard to tell. Unlike pre workouts that will get you pumped or tingly, there aren't too many ways to tell how good a protein is. I will say this- MTS Machine whey is quality tested and Marc posts some of his lot testing on tigerfitness.com. This helps me sleep easy at night knowing I'm getting what I paid for. Also, I feel like the protein has been effective for me on my cut and helping me maintain some of my muscle. I would use it whenever I was hungry and needed a snack, post workout, and when I wake up in the mornings.

I feel like MTS Machine Whey has a solid value, because it prices out at around $.82 per serving which is pretty good compared to other companies such as Dymatize and Optimum.

Side Effects

Gains lol...but seriously, nothing out of the ordinary...no gas or anything negative.

Conclusion

It is easy to get tired of protein, especially when it is in a 67 serving tub...this protein however never gets old. The flavors are top notch and quality is unparalleled. This is one of my favorite protein's and it will continue to be a staple in my stack of supplements.

October 1, 2014

• Taste!!
  • Protein Powder
How to review protein powder .....

Past powders - ISOpure, dymatize, GNC, Muscle Milk, Gold Whey

First off lets get to the important stuff Taste...I know food is fuel blah blah but i like my fuel to taste good and this product does that for me. Peanutbutter Fluff is my favoirte flavor thus far (at this time ive only had 2 MTS Flavors). Peanutbutter flavor is on point its light as i would expect any fluff flavor to be, not overpowering not super sweet but just right. Typically I mix in some of the P2B when i want move flavor.

Mixability - just water and a shaker i get a few clumps not Bio Gro type of clumps but not milky smooth, it doesnt however seem to cling to the cracks and such of my shakers which means im getting the entire scoop which is a huge plus.

Price - I typically buy from TigerFitness (currently 52.99) and they get it to me the next day. i hate to say it but i have paid way way more for terrible tasting protein's in my time, that GNC garbage is still burned into my taste buds. If you follow any of the folks on Youtube you can typically get a 5% link from them as well which whos not on a budget?

Overall - i love this stuff i actually consume more than i probably should but its really good to me, mix it with oatmeal, water, BioGro and P2B and thats breakfast and meal 3 haha. As far as gains from it well its protein powder what more do you want?

August 10, 2013

• Versatility
  • Chocolate
  • Vanilla
  • But No Strawberry?
This review is quite overdue in terms of the experience I've had with machine whey. So, I figured better late than never and write one up.

As a brief intro, MTS Machine Whey is a straight up whey protein supplement sponsored and signature-endorsed by TigerFitness's associate Marc Lobliner. As a result, MTS Machine Whey is sold exclusively at TigerFitness.com

Now to begin the details...

Taste/Mixability (10):

Machine whey is quite possibly one of the best tasting protein supplements I have ever used next to Gaspari's original Myofusion. I have used both the chocolate and vanilla and both were marvelously tasty. I would say of the two, chocolate wins by a very slight margin. One thing I especially liked about the taste in general was that is was great in virtually anything you mixed it with from water to milk, to even some of your foods like peanut butter and oatmeal. I will get more into my concoctions later. As a last note, the mixability of the protein was also efficient. Clumps or any dissolved material of any kind was non-existent. The only time you may get some clumps is when you use it certain solid foods, since there is no base solvent to actually dissolve the mix.

Profile (9):

Machine whey is not intended to be some kind of "specially formulated" protein with a butt-load of extras. In general, it is your basic whey protein supplement and as such one would not expect to see much other than an average profile. Nonetheless, I give it a "9" because it has a favorable amount of whey protein per scoop; 25 grams which is substantial as some basic whey supplements today may provide you with as little as 17-20 grams. Furthermore, there is a good amount of "good" carbs in this protein allowing for substantial glycogen replenishment. Machine whey is also free of trans fats, corn syrup, and unnecessary added sugars and fillers. That's a major bonus in my book.

As for the actual whey protein source, it is a blend of both concentrate and isolate. Isolate is often seen as the more beneficial protein due to its purity. However, as Petey mentioned in his review, unless the process of obtaining isolate is efficiently performed, isolate may often wind up being denatured and over-processed, resulting in a reduction of benefits. Machine whey uses a higher percentage of whey concentrate in proportion with the isolate, allowing for a more bioavailable and in-tact protein source. In return, the user will reap better benefits from the protein in general.

Usage:

This section is more so to describe how I more specifically utilized machine whey is methods other than the basic "mix and drink". The versatility of the product beckons the user to experiment with different consumption options because lets face it, when you got a protein with great taste, you need variety.

After watching Marc's own recipe videos on tigerfitness.com, the first thing I tried out was the sludge concoction. My own sludge recipe consisted mostly of two scoops of machine whey, Quaker oats, a spoon of natural peanut butter, a little honey, and some blueberries. There were times where I would add some flax seed oil for omega fatty acid supplementation, but that was seldom done because I wasn't too fond of the oily consistency it would give. Nonetheless, this was de-fooing-licious. I found this recipe to be equally tasty with both chocolate and vanilla.

As one time I also gave Marc's brownie recipe with the chocolate flavor. HOLY SHIZ NUTS!!! Best freaking cheat food I have ever had. I urge anyone with some machine whey handy to please try this at least once, especially if you're bulking LOL

Lastly, there were several times where I would mix a scoop with some straight up peanut butter, oatmeal and cereal. In general, machine whey is a very versatile protein and you'll want to try a lot of different things.

Efftiveness (9): Being that protein is more so a general supplement staple and not something that is used as a miscellaneous enhancement product like prohormones, pre-workouts, creatine, or test boosters, the efficacy of a particular protein supplement is often associated with how one experienced its use based on goals. The first time around using machine whey I was in a recomp phase with Epi-1-test. Machine whey allowed me to supplement with subsequent amounts of protein without any added fats, calories, or unnecessary carbs. I am currently in a more lean bulk phase and have coupled machine whey with Muscelmeds Carnivore as a means to get some creatine supplementation. Machine whey has allowed me to still obtain good amounts of protein without adding extra unnecessary stuff to my increased dietary caloric intake. Also, I will also say that thanks to the efficient protein intake, my muscular strength and recovery were noticeably improved when in combination to my other supplements. In general, machine whey is a great protein to add too any training and diet regimen. Just ensure that you are supplementing with it in a manner favorable to your particular goals.

Value (9): On tigerfitness.com, you can get a 5 lbs container with 67 servings for 50 dollars. The price is lower if you can obtain a coupon code or when the website has a sale special. For the effectiveness, taste, versatility, and quality, this is a very good value.

Overall (9.5): Machine whey is one of the best general whey protein supplements I have ever used and will continue to use for sometime. The overall quality and versatility of the protein is simply phenomenal and can be used for anyone looking for an effective, affordable protein source without the nasty stuff. It's not something that will give you steroid like gains or act as some kind of magic in anyway. Therefore, regardless how you supplement with it, make sure your diet and training is in check as these are the most critical factors.

WARMACHINE OUT!!!

February 20, 2013

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Taste!!
  • Protein Powder
Review #6 – MTS Machine Whey, the first protein powder I have bought in a longgg minute, happy with my purchase, and I'll let ya'll know why.

MTS Machine Whey – So this is Marc Lobiner's signature protein, only available at Tigerfitness.com. It is a simple blend (concentrate/isolate), and is marketed for its versatility, price and taste. Lobiner also suggest that the concentrate contains more of the stuff found in whole animal foods vs. isolate proteins, which is a claim I personally bought into. Other than Protein Concentrate and Isolate (totaling 25gs), the ingredients include: cocoas processed w/ alkali, xanthan gum, natty and artificial flavors, salt, sucralose, and acesulfame potassium. As you can see, the only artificial ingredient (ace potassium) is listed last on an otherwise fairly simple and clean profile, a bonus for me. This blend also contains 3gs of fat, and 5gs of carbs, 1g of fiber, solid for those on either a cut or bulk. The BCAA blend is also on par w/ the top protein brands on the market, another solid plus.

My Personal Experience-As many may or may not know, I am a fierce advocate of getting all your calories from whole foods. I have made the mistake of being suckered into thinking a protein powder would be all the answers for muscle gains in the past, and because of so, sunk quite a few bucks into them. After doing research, I found out that whole foods are vastly superior; macros matter more than protein powder, and so, I essentially STOPPED buying protein. No more shakes for months. My recovery did not get worse, and I did not lose size. This only reinforced my belief of the supp industries false marketing in regard to protein...

Then came along the reviews for MTS WHEY. I found it for 39.99 bucks for a 5lb tub on sale at tigerfitness, and decided to pull the trigger, for ONE reason, and ONE reason alone. The reviews coming in for this protein emphatically stated that this is the BEST tasting protein ever made. I was making my own gainers at the time (milk, oats, spinach, fruit, pb) without whey, and honestly, these shakes tasted EH, largely because of the spinach (I typically overdo it w/ the spinach, 3-5 cups worth).
My first time using this product, I made a gainer as usual. 4 cups of green leaves. I added 1 scoop of MTS WHEY, and well, I can say w/ FULL CONFIDENCE that the reviews were not lying. Even in my gainer, this powder masked the spinach flavor, and left me literally speechless. I have never drank a shake so fast, I can still taste it just thinking about it. And it did not let up throughout the entirety of the tub, I made the sludge w/ berries and PB (PUDDING-esk, also delicious) and experimented w/ it daily, never unsatisfied. Even w/ 12 oz of whole milk, this was still the best thing I would drink or eat all day long. It also keeps you pretty full, I am guessing the reasoning being it's a concentrate based blend.
---note---got chocolate flavor.

Price/Conclusion: I got everything I asked for out of MTS WHEY. I did NOT notice an increase in recovery, but I would not expect to w/ any protein powder on the market. I did, however, end up w/ the tastiest protein powder I have ever used, and it was honestly something I looked forward to drinking daily. For the price (it is typically on sale for 39 bucks) you can't go wrong. I did mark it a 7 because I still prefer using my money on whole foods, but if you are looking for something to spice up your daily eating, I would give this protein a go. Currently on my 2nd tub, w/ zero regrets of purchase.
Until next time, keep lifting steady.

December 27, 2012

• Protein Farts
I want to write this review on Marc Lobliner's MTS Machine Whey because it is a good product that is not well known due to not being widely available yet. I've taken two 5lb tubs of the chocolate flavor, although I want to try the vanilla as well. I've taken Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey and BSN Syntha-6, and I would have to say that this product ranks above the aforementioned products in the categories of overall value, nutrient profile, and versatility.

Quick Supplement Profile:
Calories: 140/scoop
Protein: 25g (laboratory tested for accuracy)
Carbs: 5g
Fat:3g

Results (9/10): When I bought this protein, I was expecting great taste, great results, and great recovery, and I got all of that. Most importantly, I feel that I put on a good amount of size with this product due to a slightly higher calorie content than I was used to. MTS was perfect for my bulk; I put on approximately 12-15lbs with this product in about 4.5 months, which was the rate of weight gain that I was aiming for. I put on little body fat, and I can see the muscle gains that I have made.

Taste (7.5/10): To be completely honest, this is a nice tasting protein. It is a very rich chocolate that is different than a lot of other plain-jane chocolate flavors. Admittedly, I got kind of tired of the taste after the first tub, but it was still palatable.

Mixability (8.5/10): This product mixes better in water. I noticed that when using milk there tends to be a few clumps if not shaken long enough, but this is hardly something to complain about. Put it in a blender if clumps bother you too much.

Versatility (9/10): This is where this product shines for me. I realize that other proteins can be versatile, but the rich chocolate taste of MTS Whey sets it apart. I highly recommend making shakes with this protein and making the "Protein Sludge" with the recipe given on the tub's label. I truly believe that other proteins would not make a shake or "sludge" taste so good! Also, this product has an amazing amino acid profile, which aided in recovery for me. I wasn't taking any BCAA supps while taking this protein because it was unnecessary, which was a nice way to save cash.

Value (9/10): You can nab a tub of this stuff off of TigerFitness.com for $45 for a 5lb. tub, which is pretty decent considering the amino acid profile that this product boasts. This is a whey protein concentrate, so some may feel that it should be cheaper; however, I think that the protein is better intact in a concentrate. I'll pay $45 for a concentrate and an amazing amino acid profile.

Overall (9/10): If you're looking for a well-priced, versatile, and effective protein concentrate, then this is for you! I recommend the chocolate for its unique and rich flavoring, and be sure to give the sludge a try when you get tired of guzzling down shakes.

December 11, 2012

• Not Widely Available Yet
I'll start off by saying I think I'm addicted to this protein. I promise if you buy a tub of this you will keep buying it and never want to stop. It's that good. I would bathe in this. Anyways, onto the review.

I discovered this through the Youtube channel, TigerFitness, which is basically the man Marc Lobliner's personal channel. I thank him for introducing me to this amazing product.

Profile-10/10
First off, the tesating that goes into this product is impressive and worth mentioning. The protein is manufactured in a NSF registered facility and undergoes 3rd party lab tests with every batch. This is refreshing and nice to know we are not being sold crap. The ingredient profile is solid with the protein content coming from Whey conentrate. Good source of protein and you're not losing any nutritonal value you would normally from a protein isolate product. Another ingreadient is the 2,597 mg of leucine added. This is considered the "anabolic trigger" and is proven to promote muscle growth.

Mixabilty-10/10
Opened this tub up and got a big waft of chocolate. Very excited to try it out. Mixed two scoops with 18oz. of water (have mixed with over 26oz.) and no clumping was present. In fact, this came out to be a very smooth consistency. Where it wasn't too thick, it was a very nice texture that wasn't watered down.

Taste-100/10
That's right. One hundred out of ten. This broke the scale by far. This is why I'm addicted. This stuff tastes like a milkshake. Honestly better. The taste is hard to describe. That's how amazing it is. Buy it so you can experience the magic.

Effectiveness-9/10
I guess I'll give this a 9 just because it's not like I turned into the hulk when i drank it. It's a protein supplement and it did it's job just fine. Help me met my macros and tasted great.

Side Effects-N/A
Didn't experience any sort of side effect...

Value-10/10
A 5lb. tub of this protein will give you 67 servings. At about $45 on tigerfitness.com, that's a damn good deal. It will last you and it's cheaper than most mainstream protein powders out there as far as price per serving goes. Also worth mentioning is in one scoop there is 25g of protein. This is the most I've found per scoop currently. Great value.

Overall-10/10
Honestly, this is my favorite supplement. I don't consider so much a supplement as a staple in my diet. With the amazing taste and profile, it's hard to beat. Big shoutout to TigerFitness for introducing me to it. Changed my life and is now my addiction.
#stayshredded