Impact Whey Isolate Reviews

By: MyProtein

Ranks #1 (better than 100%)
In: Protein > Whey Protein

Impact Whey Isolate is a Whey Protein Powder manufactured by MyProtein. It is a dairy based protein that supports lean muscle gain by suppling additional protein to recovering muscles, which can also improve fat loss.
ARTICLES
FORUM TOPICS

Protein > Whey Protein

sven
  May 30, 2017

I've has many different proteins before and a few of those have been purely isolates, but this isolate caught me off guard with the results I saw and how pure the label was.

It's got a decent protein file with 21g/serving which could be low to some, but I find ideal so for those who want a double serving aren't being overloaded with protein. Nothing on the label discloses that there were any amino acids added and it is purely whey protein isolate, so that reassured to me that there definitely no amino spiking done to this product which has become a huge concern to me when deciding which protein supplement to purchase. It has less than 1g of carbs and sugar, better for those in a cutting phase, but could also concern you if you're watching your glucose and insulin levels. No fat (0g) nor cholesterol (0mg/0%) and low sodium (50mg/2%). At first look of the label, I had very high hopes for this product.

Taste: I got the chocolate smooth flavor, which honestly was a bit stale. By stale meaning it was hard to taste any chocolate. I would say that there is more smooth than there is chocolate.

Mixability: The recommended mixing amount is 6-8 fluid ounces but it didn't mix all that great at 6oz and would usually mix it with 8-10oz of water or 10-12oz of milk

Dosing: In one serving theres 21g of protein which for me at 200lbs it's a bit low so I would double the serving size post workout.

Although it can be difficult to tell the effectiveness of a protein supplement because a lot of the results you're looking for will depend on the rest of your diet as well as your training routine, but when I first started with this protein I tried really hard not to change much about my diet or training routine so I could tel if this protein was really as good as I expected it to be. That being said, I believe this protein is very effective, in my time taking it I was able to put on lean mass without experiencing any consequences of feeling heavy after drinking a shake (which I have felt in the past with other such proteins) or protein caused bathroom trips. As far as recovery time goes I'd rate it at an 8/10, I will still get some DOMS, but never anything too severe and much better than the other proteins that I have tried in the past

For $35.69 you can get 40 servings at $0.89/serving and at $70 you can get 100 servings at $0.70/serving

Side Effects

None experienced

Conclusion

Overall this is a great product and a product I'll be sticking with for a while. It helped with gaining healthy lean mass at a reasonable price, holding a good value. The only thing I'm not a huge fan of is the taste, which isn't bad but it's not great either. 9.1/10 would recommend.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good Digestion
  • Low Carb
  • Low Fat
  • Bland Taste
  • Chocolate smooth: 5/10
Chuntz
TROOPer Level: 34
  May 24, 2017

Thanks to MyProtein for sending it out!

Mega shoutout to MyProtein for sending out their Impact Whey Isolate to us Troops! After missing this opportunity twice, I requested to try it and jumped on this right away. I prefer to take isolates post workout due to their faster absorption rates, but am open to blends as well.

Ingredient label is very straight forward. This is a why protein isolate, containing 21g Protein, 0.2g Fat, and 1.6g Carbs. super clean. Protein may be a little low for some, but it's quality isolate and not a blend where you may be primarily receiving concentrate post workout. There are 39 servings per container. It does come with natural and artificial flavors, along with sweeteners (sucralose and acesulfame). Really nothing else to discuss here, just a great isolate.

Taste: I asked for and received the mocha flavor, Wow. First of all, I love coffee, anything coffee flavored, and more coffee. Mocha was a perfect 10/10 with taste, it blew my taste buds out of the water. I don't recall every giving any flavor a perfect 10, that's how good this was. I typically mixed it with just water in a shaker. Other days I would throw it in a blender with 2 tbsp of Skippy natural pb and ice. Let me tell you, I could have made all 2lbs of this in one sitting and drank the whole thing. Amazing.

Mixability: No issues with mixing, dissolved nicely. Very slight residue on the side of the shaker which was a little grainy after settling. After drinking I just added a little more water to make sure I drank everything.

Dosing: Taken post workout. I used 1 scoop in 6-8oz of water.

Effectiveness for protein is always tough to judge. Protein is obviously essential for muscle growth, so MyProtein allowed me to consume post workout shakes with a quicker digestive rate to feed my muscles. On off days is when I would use it to create protein pancakes, which you will read about below. I did not have any digestive issues will on this isolate, which is always a plus, especially for people with digestive issues. Overall, it did what it was supposed to do and my body continues to grow in the direction I want it to. Being that there were no setbacks while taking this and its ingredient profile, I believe this is a excellent source of post workout protein.

You can pick this up at 39 servings for $22-$23 online straight from MyProtein, but that does not include shipping. They often have crazy sales though, where you can pickup pounds of protein for cheap.

Side Effects

No side effects.

Cooking

I experimented with this while cooking as well. After trying multiple different protein pancake recipes, I found one that I really like. Mix 2 whole eggs, 2 ounces of cream cheese (I used regular Philadelphia Cream Cheese), 1 scoop of MyProtein mocha whey, and a pinch of vanilla extract. Blend everything together. I started with the eggs, cream cheese, and vanilla extract. After that was blended, I pulsed the blender until the protein mixed. Let it sit for 2 minutes to settle. I cooked this on a small frying pan. I let it heat up while everything was in the blender. Coat it with a non-stick spray then fill the pan up with batter from the blender. Cover the top. Once it begins to get puffy, flip it (do not put the cover back on). this will make you 2 pancakes. Very light, thin, and a little fluffy. Great alternative, especially if you are cutting.

Side note, I mixed 1/2 a scoop into my morning black coffee thinking it would taste amazing, I was wrong. For some reason it just would not dissolve in the coffee, which was piping hot. It just clumped up and settled on top, I basically just ate it after drinking my coffee because I refused to waste it.

Another side note. Not a fan of resealable bags, but this was actually hassle free and not a piece of garbage that just broke after opening it and then you have to transfer it into something else.

Conclusion

MyProtein is a simple whey isolate that provides you with exactly what you need post workout, fast digesting protein to feed you muscles and provide you with the gains you need. This is my top isolate know, especially because of the flavor I had. I will ordering some more mocha once I start running low. I may also pick up the banana flavor, I heard it was pretty good. Optimum Nutrition has a spectacular banana in their gold standard so I'm curious to see if this matches up with it taste wise. I may even pick some up sooner if I see a good deal pop up, totally worth it in my opinion. Thanks again, MyProtein for sending this out!
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good Digestion
  • Low Carb
  • Low Fat
    • Mocha: 10/10
    workoutguru
    TROOPer Level: 71
      May 23, 2017

Thanks to MyProtein for sending it out!

First I want to thank MyProtein for letting us troopers have the chance to give this product a try. This has been a protein I have wanted to try for awhile now and was hoping it would show up on the trooper program again. After reading the reviews on here for this and seeing that this was getting some pretty high ratings I had to give it a try the next time I got a chance to. After using this I was really happy I got to try this. Just like on all the other reviews where it was getting really high ratings I could not disagree with that at all. This was a protein that was more than worth trying.

You get 21g of protein in this. Not to bad but I prefer 25g to 30g. You get 90 calories per scoop. 0g of fats. Less than 1g carbs and less than 1g of sugar. 50mg of sodium. This overall has a very clean ingredient profile which I really like. Also this is artificially flavored. They said there are amino acids in this and I wish they would list them so you know how much you are getting. You get at least 2g Leucine. I like that this has been tested through labdoor and gets an A grade at 91.2/100. Total protein was measured at 87.6g per 100g of product. A 25g serving will yield 21.9g protein, 4.3% over its label claim.

I requested the Salted Caramel flavor and that is what I got. WOW this stuff tasted amazing. This was probably one of the best tasting salted caramel flavors I have ever had. They did a really good job at getting this flavor down just right. From start to finish I never got tired of drinking this. Each time I used this I really looked forward to drinking it. This had just the right taste to it. This had a nice strong taste to it but notto overly strong or to sweet.

This mixed really well each time I used this. Never had any issue with it mixing. This had a real light texture to it and was not very thick at all to drink. It was nice and smooth to drink. Dosing was pretty simple. Since this is isolate protein it gets into your system a lot quicker and the best time to take this is right away after your workout. You could take this anytime of the day if you wanted but would recommend post workout as being the best time to take this. I would do just one scoop each time I used this.

This I found to be a really good isolate protein. This was very smooth to drink. Never had any digestive issue with this. My stomach always felt good after drinking this. Also this won't give you that bloated stomach feeling at all or any gas issues. If your looking for a good protein to help you meet your macro intake this is really good for that. Also this would be a great protein to have if you want to use when you are baking or making pancakes. I felt that my recovery from this was always really good and helped me build more muscle and helped me maintain my strength better. I did not feel this hindered me much at retaining my fullness when taken before my next meal which was usually dinner.

Right now they want $29.99 for the 2.2lb bag which has 40 servings in it on their website. I think that is a really good price for this product. This will cost you less than a dollar per serving at $0.75. Can't really go wrong with this product and feel it is more than worth the value. If you go with any of their bigger sizes the price is even a little better.

Side Effects

None I noticed.

Conclusion

For me I found this to be a really good isolate protein. This has been tested and proven to be a great protein and that is why I really like this companies protein products. If you want a good effective and very clean protein this is for sure the protein you want. The value of this protein is more than worth it and won't break your wallet on cost. Also if your looking for a great tasting protein you wont have to worry about that at all with this product. If your looking for a protein to help you hit your marcos I would highly recommend this. Again I want to give a big shout out to MyProtein for making this product and letting us try it.
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • Good Digestion
    • Recovery
    • Delicious
      • Salted Caramel: 10/10
      zbikowski88
      TROOPer Level: 38
        May 17, 2017

Thanks to MyProtein for sending it out!

I want to thank MyProtein for giving me this opportunity to review Impact Whey Isolate. I've used many MyProtein supplements and continue to use them today. This was the first time I've tried Impact Whey Isolate, usually I buy Impact Whey in the 5.5 or 11lbs pouches due to the price per serving. As with most protein reviews they are hard to gauge the overall effectiveness, so I'll judge by digestion.

Impact Whey Isolate - 90% superior-quality protein

Chocolate Smooth Flavor: Whey Protein Isolate (Milk) (91%), Emulsifier (Soy Lecithin), Cocoa Powder, Flavoring, Sweetener (Sucralose)

The ingredient profile is as simple as it comes..... you're getting 21g of Whey Protein Isolate. Whey protein isolates are one of the purest concentrations available of 90% or higher. With isolate protein there is a large removal of fat and lactose which leads to Impact Whey Isolate only having just 1% fat.

This has also been tested through LABDOOR (Grade A) with a score of 91.2/100. Total protein was measured at 87.6g per 100g of product. A 25g serving will yield 21.9g protein, 4.3% over its label claim. You can check out the report here https://labdoor.com/review/myprotein-impact-whey-isolate/report

Taste (9/10) - MyProtein offers dozens of different flavors to include an un-flavored version. You really cant go to wrong with a chocolate flavor (Chocolate Smooth). Basically this tasted a lot like nesquik and the flavor never got bland from beginning to end.

Mixability (8/10) - There weren't a whole lot of issues in regards to mixability. When using my shaker there weren't any issues, however when using a spoon there seemed to be some clumping near the top. In both cases I used about 8 oz of water.

Dosing (10/10) - There really isn't any kind of protocol here, its a protein powder. During this review I had one serving after training and another serving later in the day to fulfill my protein macros.

As noted above it can be pretty hard to gauge the effectiveness of a protein powder. I didn't notice any kind of digestive issues that can come from whey protein. Another area where this was effective: filling my macros. This is easy to use whether your drinking it or using it to bake with (pancakes, oatmeal, brownies, use your imagination.)

Since this review is for the 2.2lbs bag I'm going to use that price point. The cheapest value I could find was on the MyProtein website for around $30. There are 40 servings so your paying around .75 cents. However there are a freaking ton of discount codes out there if you just search online. Going right to the Impact Whey Isolate page on MyProtein they have a discount code for up to 33% off. If 2.2lbs isn't enough there are also: 5.5 and 11lbs bags available.

Side Effects

Conclusion

In conclusion I highly recommend using MyProtein Impact Whey Isolate! It has passed the test with independent testing and its hard to beat the price of a protein this clean. These reasons and more...... are why I continue to use MyProtein when I need to buy protein.
       Pros:
       Cons:
      • Good Digestion
      • GMP & ISO-9001 Standards
        • Chocolate smooth: 9/10
        deBruijn
          May 7, 2017

Looking for the best and most purest form of whey protein. I came across impact whey isolate from Myprotein. I was familiar with other products from myprotein, which were of good quality. Impact Whey isolate received some good reviews on supplementreview.com, so decided to give it a try.

For one scoop at 25 grams, it's filled with 100 calories, 0 grams of fat, less than 1 gram of carbs & sugar, and 23 grams of protein. This whey is as pure as it gets. Practically all protein. I like whey isolate best, it should be absorbed by the body quickly, and does not contain milk sugar. For people trying to gain lean mass, isolate is preferable. Although isolate is a bit more expensive, imo you get a better quality product. As you can read from the rest of the review, Impact Whey Isolate from Myprotein as a matter is as cheap as it gets, and probably cheaper then inferior types of whey products

I ordered the chocolate brownie flavour. The taste is absolutely great. I never had any supplement before that I would drink just for the flavour. Most try to conceal horrendous flavours from effective ingredients. This one but this one I would just drink for he taste alone. The mixing part is good too. No residue, no unnecessary thickness.

Clearly noticeable decreased muscle soreness when on impact whey protein, so much help on the recovery side. Also some noticeable growth, without gaining any fat.

Myprotein sells their own product on their website. Some other retailers carry their products, but ordering from their own site is cheaper. You get 5 pounds for 38 euro's, which is Way cheaper when compared to other products competing in the same quality range, like Gold standard and others. Myprotein ranks top in labdoor on both quality and price/ value. The products purity stands out for me

Side Effects

Absolutely none at all. As with all proteins it reduces your appetite, as it is a protein. I had some experience with other proteins giving me a bloating feeling and some even some bathroom issues.

Conclusion

The ingredients are pure- the quality is superior, the taste is great, and the price is incomparably low. Impact whey isolate from MyProtein ranks #1 in all aspects. One -real minor- downside is the package. Impact Whey Isolate comes in a bag, hard to seal once opened. Related to all the plusses mentioned, this shouldn't matter too much. Just pour the bag into some other type of container.
         Pros:
         Cons:
        • Good Digestion
        • Low Carb
        • Independent Lab Tested
        • Low Fat
        • Chocolate brownie: 10/10
        Stefajoh
          June 20, 2016

This is my second review, as I mentioned in my profile I diagnosed myself lactose intolerant. Luckily for me, Isolate protein has a very low percentage of lactose, most less than 1% so it's been a great protein for me while still staying in the "whey" category.

For one scoop at 25 grams, it's filled with 100 calories, 0 grams of fat, less than 1 gram of carbs & sugar, and 23 grams of protein. From this we can just see how "isolate" the protein is considering there's practically nothing in it except for the protein we need to build muscle.

Toffee
        - Taste (8/10) Out of the two MyProtein flavors I have tried, this one is probably the one I'd buy again. It's not overly sweet but I can definitely get that toffee flavor but they could work on it a little. I mixed it with almond milk one day and it was like a friggin milkshake.

- Mixability (10/10) regardless of what I added a scoop to, it was never
        clumpy. I sometimes didn't even bother with a shaker ball (mainly because I would forget it in the dishwasher) but I never had a problem without it.

- Dosing (10/10) I've read that some people don't have a scoop in their bags but from what I've experienced with the two 2 pound bags I've purchased their has been scoops in both. One scoop equals out to 25 grams which to me is plenty for a post workout shake especially if you're eating along with it.

Orange & Passion Fruit
        - Taste (5/10) for some reason I had the idea that would would be good and different compared to just getting chocolate, vanilla, cookies N cream, etc... well it's definitely different but it's not very good. It has a strange bitterness to it and a bad after taste.

- Mixability (10/10) It mixes very well and it almost reminds me on that old TANG orange powder drink that we drank as children.

- Dosing I would just say it's the same as the Toffee, my only compliant is the flavor... not one I enjoyed drinking.

After taking this protein and being off of it, I can definitely notice a difference in soreness. It helps with recovery and I feel much better when I am taking rather than when I'm off it. Other than that, I also noticed a build in strength and muscle with this protein.

MyProtein usually has great deals and discounts on their own website so I usually get it through there. The lowest I've gotten a 2 pound bag was for around $17 and that was from the MyProtein website.

Side Effects

For me there no crazy noticeable side effects, if anything I feel full after taking it but that usually happens regardless of what protein I take. No bloating, stomach acnes, or anything of that nature which makes this product 10x better to me.

Conclusion

With the number of flavors MyProtein has to choose from, I would definitely try this protein again. I have yet to beat the price for a Whey Isolate at it's quality and it's great for post workout. My one recommendation would probably be the bags they come in... Once you open them, goodluck finding a way to zip it closed. I ended up just pouring my entire 2lb bag into a clear container I bought at Target after dealing with this problem the first time and it's worked just fine (I even have a scooper in there too). This also helps me notice when I need to buy more since I can see how much is left without having to even open the container or bag.
         Pros:
         Cons:
        • Good Digestion
        • Toffee: 8/10
        • Orange & Passion Fruit: 5/10
        SuperGill
          May 22, 2016

I will just say that this has been a review that should have come out sooner. So in short, i found out about this company after someone in some forums pointed out a list that was tested to assess the best protein (labdoors top 20 protein powders or something). Obviously the list wast exactly the best but it brought my attention to this brand that was among the top performers in that category.

One of the things that caught my attention was the simplicity of the ingredient profile. Nothing very odd and less than 5 or 6 ingredients in total. 20g of protein per 25g scoop. 100servings in 2.5kg bag. myprotein does come with stevia flavored as well as unflavored versions for those who are interested. I personally cant stand the taste of unflavored protein from my previous experience with another brand. However, if you can, the price point is good for the unflavoured version.

Mixability was pretty good. Not as good as Hydrowhey but better than ON whey. No blender ball required, just a few whisking and it should be good to go. High quality of protein. Easy to mix in both milk and water. Taste better in milk and slightly bland in water (due to the low carb content i assume). For comparisons, the chocolate smooth flavour that i got tasted quite similar to the double choc of Optimum. Dosing is simple, 1-2 scoops as as and when you require. for me i think the ideal is 1 scoop in 250-300milk but do play around. Theres about 20 flavours so there should be a flavour for everyone. i try to stick to the basic so i got chocolate smooth.

Hard to judge a protein powder based on effectiveness but it does what it is supposed to which is to increase my protein intake. Recovery time was less too. Personally prefer this over ON as ON somehow always seems to leave me with stomach issues. However, nothing of that sort with this product.

This is where i think this company triumphs. The value is one of the best around. I bought it from the official website which i think is the cheapest place to get it for some reason.. Do keep a lookout for their weekly deals.i bought the 5kg bag at about 50pounds (80usd?). A 5kg bag comes out to 200 servings. And this is whey isolate which is supposedly the most expensive type of whey. I believe the mp whey concentrate is cheaper. Hard to beat that.

Others

One con is that the bag comes in a resealable ziplock bag, which isnt my cup of tea to be honest. I can understand that the brand is trying to keep their price point low but the ziplocks bag are of poor quality. i highly recommend to have some tubs ling around so you can do the transfer.

Conclusion

Overall myprotein whey isolate seems to be an option if you are looking to get some whey isolate. Good prices, clean profile, wide variety of flavors, simple (can be improved) packaging.
         Pros:
         Cons:
        • Good Digestion
        • GMP & ISO-9001 Standards
        • Chocolate smooth: 9/10
        JayT
        TROOPer Level: 56
          May 4, 2016

Thanks to MyProtein for sending it out!

MyProtein has a great rating on this site and on Labdoor for good reasons. They use high quality and minimal ingredients, true fully disclosed labeling, and extremely competitive priced products. I had this product saved as a product I wanted to try and was able to get a bag of it when it was available.

The unflavored powder I chose to try had the bare minimum when it came to ingredients. It contained whey protein isolate and soy lecithin. I could probably even do away with the soy lecithin in this one and it may help out the mixability since it probably would not be as thick. One 25 g scoop contains only 100 calories, less than a gram of carbohydrates, and 23 g of protein. Profile is super clean. Even with their flavored proteins they do not add a lot of other ingredients and use natural colorants.

Taste: I opted for the unflavored because it only contained whey protein isolate and soy lecithin. It also contained the most protein per scoop, so yeah I am petty like that. I do not think this was totally unflavored; it had a milk taste to it maybe? It was not bad by any means, but I would not crave it. This was best when added into a smoothie because it was hidden well and would not affect the smoothie itself. I tried to add it into hot oatmeal once and I guess the hot water turned it extremely gummy and really unenjoyable. I am not sure if that is a quality of all proteins because I have not tried that in the past, but safe to say it was a failed attempt. I do not want to rate an unflavored flavor because I do not think it is meant to be enjoyable to drink and honestly would not know how to even rate it.

Mixability 8/10: I mixed this in both water and milk and in both a shaker and a cup/spoon method in 8-16 oz. of liquid. With a cup and a spoon, I would give it a 7/10; it did clump a little on the top. With a shaker, it mixed better with little to no clumping. I would score that a 9/10.

Dosing 10/10: It is a protein powder. It is up to you when and how much you want to consume.

I thought this protein was effective in helping me add to my protein macros for the day and to help repair muscles after a workout. I did not have any digestion issues with it. I liked that the unflavored powder was able to be added to smoothies without affecting the taste too much, but was bland obviously by itself. I tried this mostly as a post-workout shake, but I did have it occasionally in the mornings with breakfast.

The 2.2 pound unflavored bag comes with 40 servings for $24.99 on Muscle and Strength; not including any shipping. MyProtein's website frequently has great deals where you could buy this at discounted prices, free shipping, or other deals such as currently (May 4) offering a 3 for 2 deal. Even at regular priced on their website, an 8.8 pound bag of unflavored protein sells for $80 which comes out to $9.09 a pound. That is an isolate priced around the same as a lot of concentrates. Great value here.

Side Effects

0 sides.

Conclusion

Labdoor has this rated as the number one for quality and for value and it is hard to argue with those results. I really do not have anything negative to say about this product or really this company in general. The variety on not only their flavors, but the different quality proteins and snacks they offer is extremely diverse. Thank you MyProtein for the chance to try this.
         Pros:
         Cons:
        • Good Digestion
        • GMP & ISO-9001 Standards
          DLP1
          TROOPer Level: 45
            April 26, 2016

Thanks to MyProtein for sending it out!

I have to admit to being a fan of Myprotein (MP) long before finding SR last summer. In fact I think my first SR reviews were on MP products. MP is big in the UK where I am from, and they continue to expand their business in the US judging by their website and increased availability of their products. US prices are not as low as they were a couple of years ago but MP still has their great offers - normally around holidays. Generally I wait for their offers and stock up. I normally use their whey blend so when the isolate came up on TROOPS I jumped right on it. Here goes...

(And thanks to MP for supporting the TROOPS)

Product label is not on the product page so I took a pic of the bag I received. 21g protein in 25g (84 protein), 90 calories and a low 50mg of sodium. Coloring is natural, from beets and grape extract.

Labdoor check
          MP's Impact Whey Isolate come out top of the rankings over at Labdoor.com. Enough said.

I got the raspberry flavor (and they kindly sent a 5.5lb bag). Its excellent - not too sweet. Like pretty much all isolates, it mixes very easily (I used it in non-fat milk). I took a scoop after workouts and mid afternoon with a scoop of MP powdered oats to keep the hunger at bay. MP also has an enormous range of flavors so you should be able to find something you like. All the flavors of the whey blend I have tried have been excellent with the exception of unflavored: even if you blend fresh fruit in there, there is still some residual taste to it. i got the unflavored impact whey (blend) on a mega deal last year and about 15lb of it is still in the cupboard waiting for me...

Who can measure the effectiveness of a protein powder? Certainly not over a single bag... Suffice to say digestion was super easy. Good news is that it is not loaded with sugar and fat like some other products out there, so from that viewpoint it has to be more effective.

$24.99 is the going price for 2.2lbs on muscle and strength. However, as i mentioned, there are regularly offers on at myprotein.com (this is starting to sound like an ad). Today (4/26/16), you can get a 2.2lb bag for $19.99 (a few flavors only) - or spend $65 and get 30% off. Every holiday they have big deals - like 50% off everything.

Side Effects

Conclusion

While they have missed the mark in PWO and some other categories, MP is very tough to beat in the protein business: ranked #1 on Labdoor, and always with great quality and at the best prices. They really have changed the protein powder landscape in my view. Must be hell competing with these guys.
           Pros:
           Cons:
          • Good Digestion
          • GMP & ISO-9001 Standards
          • Independent Lab Tested
          • Delicious
          • Unbeatable Price When On Offer
            • Raspberry: 9/10
            kalans
            TROOPer Level: 70

March 29, 2016

Introduction + Supplement Facts
            MyProtein is company that has been making heavy headway into the US supplement business coming from their European roots, and while there are several reasons I believe it is due to: quality, quantity, value, and range. It isn't too often that I can completely rely on a company and say that I trust them, but often we are left not knowing.. This isn't the case for MyProtein, as they have earned my trust along with proving their content in labdoor testing! Of course I am sure there are many other companies out there that probably are honest, but because of limitations we aren't able to see a recorded test for all products or protein supplements on the market. So why is this all important? Because of the Amino Spiking issues of the past, and in general we are spending our hard earned money and expect to get what we pay for!

Below is the link for the labdoor analysis, but basically you are getting 21.9g of Whey Protein Isolate per 25g of powder totally 87.6% protein content per scoop.. Yep, the bar has been raised! Of course the flavored versions have less, but the unflavored option is available at no extra charge.

Taste + Mixability + Dosing
            The flavor I got was Rocky Road, which was a shot in the dark.. Well it wasn't very good in my opinion, and most flavors from MyProtein are on the weaker flavoring side but that just means you get more protein for your money (other companies do have the natural lines which are comparable). I would say that the flavor was more of a berry flavoring to it, which was disappointing. Mixability was just fine, not horrible as others that I have had but pretty good. This stuff does mix very nicely, didn't seem to do as well with cold water but will work perfectly with room temp water at which you can add some ice in afterwards. I simply dosed this based on my flexible macro dieting needs, which would be smaller than a scoop at time and all the way up to 2 scoops.

Effectiveness 9.4/10
            "Realistically rating a product such as this really comes down to how well it was utilized in your diet, and how well it was digested (ie no irritable bowels or issues with consumption). I was able to fit this protein product into my daily supplementation to fill in the gaps for my macro needs, or to replace them in relation to convenience. I have added this into my pancake mixture in order to hit my macros for the day, but the flavoring wasn't strong enough to make them taste like Rocky Road Ice Cream pancakes/waffles. I didn't have any issues digesting this product, nor did I feel it had any issues with retaining my fullness when utilized in between meals."

Value 9/10
            I feel the value of this product is beyond compare, especially if you buy it right when they have their sales. To highlight the pricing I will quote Ron from his review as he broke it down amazingly! Thanks @Ron! Even at the cheapest option (2.2lb), it is still better in terms of value than even NutraBio..

2.2lb of Unflavored for $28 (40 servings at $0.70 each)
            2.2lb for $30 (40 servings at $0.75 each)
            5.5lb for $63 (100 servings at $0.63 each)
            11lb for $100 (200 servings at $0.50 each)

Overall Conclusion 9.4/10
            I like my flavoring for protein, but if they unflavored option is something you want to use aka cooking with it etc. Then MyProtein is right for you! I highly recommend it to everyone I know that asks me what protein powder to use etc, while I may not always go with the Isolate I will always choose MyProtein for their quality and value which is set above all others.
             Pros:
             Cons:
            • GMP & ISO-9001 Standards
            • Good Digestion
            • Independent Lab Tested
            • Low Carb
            • Excellent Value
            • Labdoor Certified
              • Rocky Road: 6/10