Ranks #3 (better than 90%)
In: Other Products > Accessories

Blender Bottle is a Workout Accessory manufactured by Sundesa. It is designed to be used in conjunction with your workout routine to assist with specific exercises or goals.

Other Products > Accessories

shawzerr
  June 8, 2017

Before I begin with my first review, I will first knock out these required questions to make reading the actual review easier!

1. I found out about SR from a lifting buddy at my gym. He said that he recently heard about the site and was thinking about starting up. (I beat him to the punch)

2. I was prompted to write this review as it is an item that nearly every serious supplement user has experience with! I thought it would be a great place to start.

3. My fitness goals quite simple. To continue bettering myself through the world of fitness! I enjoy lifting weights, I don't hate cardio (I don't really enjoy it most days, but still do it), and the gym is just where I love to be!

4. As far as other products that I plan on reviewing, the list is pretty much endless. I have experience with dozens of different brands, common and not. I really enjoy trying out different kinds of pre-workouts and amino acids, so many my reviews will include those kinds of items.

Now onto the fun stuff!!

I have about 20 different blender bottles, with an assortment of different styles and even different brands. The actual brand of Blender Bottle is the only shaker that I am willing to pay for than a few dollars for should I find myself needing a shaker on the spot.

Blender Bottles serve their purpose! They hold onto whatever I may be mixing at the time. The blender ball that is included does a fantastic job at getting all of my powders "blended" into my water. Of course, there are certain products that don't seem to break down or mix as well as some others do, however, I do not contribute this to the inefficiency of Blender Bottles products.

Variety of Products

Blender Bottle offers a couple different styles of the bottle and lid. The effectiveness seems to stay roughly the same. There are dozens of different color combinations offered by Blender Bottle, should you be the type of person that needs certain colored items.

I have seen Blender Bottles range from 5$ all the way up to 12$ when I was overseas. To me, the value exceeds the cost of this product, regardless. I've used blender bottles for my everyday water, I've mixed hot water and apple cider in them, and have even used them to make a pretty mean cocktail or two should the occasion call for such things. My Blender Bottles seem to outlast my other brands of shakers by months to years! The only manufacturing issues that I have noticed are with the lids. If you tend to overtighten them or use the dishwasher to clean these, I have noticed that the seam will appear where the threads lay beneath and you are left with a blender bottle that may or may not leak when you shake it.

Conclusion

You get what you pay for!! There is a reason that I find my sink filled with more Blender Bottles than actual cups. Blender Bottles may not be your cheapest option, but in my experience are well worth the cost. They hold my supplements, they mix my supplements, and they make it more tolerable to take some of my not so good at mixing supplements. They're offered at a wide enough range of stores that I can count on finding them pretty much anywhere that you'd find protein powders. Blender Bottles have been around the supplement/fitness industry for many years and will not be leaving anytime in the near future.
  • Caps Crack In Dishwasher
Chuntz
TROOPer Level: 34
  May 26, 2016

The all mighty Blender Bottle. Superior to most shakers and a staple in every gym rats arsenal. Let's be honest, it's tough to write a review for something that is essentially a high class water bottle that holds protein, creatine, BCAA's etc....but lets have at it anyway!

The main ingredient in this high quality shaker is plastic. It is high quality in my opinion because I constantly drop mine at it has never broken. mind you I have 5 or 6 in total. When I'm at the gym I just throw it down onto the ground and not once has it ever shattered. I've had shakers that have broken into pieces in the past, so for somebody who is rough like myself, this is definitely a huge plus. It's also BPA free, if anyone actually cares about that...

Here I can really only judge it based off of its mixability, which is superb. It comes equipped with a wired whisk ball that will shred your protein powders into pieces leaving you with a clump-less protein shake. The ball is also very easy to wash.
Disclaimer: Contents only taste as good as you make them

When comparing this to previous shaker bottles I have used in the past, this is the one that gets it done the most consistently. I find it superior that it comes with the wired ball instead of a stationary grate that is attached to the cap. Or something that comes with a spiral type plastic blender rod that runs down the middle of the bottle. I have never once had a problem making a shake in one of these bottles (besides the one time I knocked over the shaker before I was able to put the cap on, lost a lot of gains that day...). I would also like to note that the newer bottles come with a loop attached to the cap so you can clip it onto you backpack or gym bag. This is definitely the feature that I am most fond of.

I'm a fan of bigger is better when it comes to something I can carry my shakes/water in. I decided to go with the 28oz Blender Bottle. I purchased two at my local Vitamin Shoppe for $9.99 each. I feel like that is a pretty standard price. Granted, you can get cheaper/similar bottles that are not Blender Bottle brand, but I would stick with BB because I know it's reliable. I've owned several different brands of bottles and this one is by far the best and lasted me the longest.

Side Effects/Cons

There are two aspects of the bottle that I do not like. The first being that you cannot put the cap for the bottle into the dishwasher. Well, technically you can, but it will break, even if you put it on the top shelf. I broke three separate caps. When I would screw the cap back on post dish cycle, it would crack on top. It was always a small crack but I never noticed until I started to shake my shake and it would start flying out of the top. Basically you just have to not be lazy and hand wash the caps. The bottle is perfectly fine to put on the rack.
Secondly, and this is every owners own fault, is the smell it produces when you forget to wash them. If you have protein residue in your shaker and the lid closed for a few days, you're pretty much done for. I usually soak it in hot water with soap, hand wash it, and throw it into the dishwasher, but the smell will still linger there for a few days (especially if you left it in the heat). Eventually it does go away, but it's unpleasant when you're downing a shake and it still has that grimy smell to it.

Conclusion

Blender Bottle should be your shaker of choice. With its sporty loop clip, variety of colors and incredible durability, it trumps all other shakers out there. It comes at a reasonable price and suits all of your beverage carrying needs. If you're still not sold, go buy one of those tornado blenders with the motor that craps out after a week and then you'll come to the realization that you should have purchased Blender Bottle form the get go. You're welcome.
  • Caps Crack In Dishwasher
Foopmaster
  December 4, 2015

Shaker bottles make it easier to get that powdery whey goodness or gritty creatine blend into solution and into your body. There are many different designs and technological advances surrounding this seemingly simple idea, and the Blender Bottle Classic has some great features built right in.

Construction

The blender bottle container is made of high-density polyethylene (#2 HDPE) and polypropylene (#5 PP). Its also BPA-free, if you care about BPA (I don't consider it a big deal, do your own research). It makes for a rugged container that is taller than it is wide, with a dome-shaped screw-on lid and a securely-closing drink spout. The bottle comes in a wide variety of colors for both the lid and the bottom vessel, making it desirable for many companies to slap their logo on the side. The Classic also comes in 3 sizes: 20, 28, and 32 ounces. The 28oz is the most common that you'll see, as it accommodates most uses. The 20oz is fairly convenient for mixing preworkouts and small servings of whey or creatine, but not much more. I haven't used the big 32, but I imagine it'd be perfect for someone drinking meal-replacement shakes.

The mixing mechanism in the blender bottle is a surgical stainless steel ball-shaped whisk-like device. This makes it unique among shakers. Whereas most shaker bottles have a mixing device that is stationary in the bottle, the Blender Bottle Classic's ball is free to move throughout the container.

Also to note, in more recent years the folks at Blender Bottle have added a plastic "loop" to the top of the lid. This way you can securely attach it to things like your gym bag or whatever. I don't own one of these models, but as one of my bottles recently bit the dust I'll be springing for one soon.

Taste

The plastic that comprises the bottle doesn't impart any flavors when shakes are mixed and drank immediately, although you might notice some flavor changes if you mix one up and put it in the fridge for later. The plastic does tend to "hold on" to tastes after a while if you only rinse the container out, so be sure to wash it often to prevent this.

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT: A common problem happens when you don't rinse your shaker bottle after consuming whey protein and keep the bottle closed up: IT SMELLS LIKE CREEPING DEATH. Seriously, this has happened to most everyone at least once. The Blender Bottle doesn't do much to prevent this, you just have to be good and rinse out the remains of your shake when you're done. The good news is that the stench washes out fairly easily with hot soap and water or a good run through a hot dishwasher. I have also heard tales of smells holding on even after a wash, and resorted to putting the rancid bottle in the freezer to kill the smell. I've never had to resort to that, but it might work.

Mix(er)ability

The Blender Bottle Classic mixes most everything very well. The unique whisk ball is free to move throughout the bottle, providing ample surface area shakeage to break up stubborn clumps of protein. The whisk ball is also much simpler in design than other mixers that use screens or meshes to increase agitation, thereby making it easier to clean. One downside to the whisk ball is that it can be somewhat loud, especially if its empty. So if you throw an empty in your gym bag after you down a shake its going to make some noise.

The bottle is designed to mix up room-temp to cold shakes, as the plastic provides poor insulation for hot ones. Shaking up a hot drink is a bad idea also because the simple design dose not include a vent of any sort, so anything hot put in the container and close up might pop the top spout up and make it leak everywhere.

The Classic comes in 3 sizes: 20, 28, and 32 ounces. The 28oz is the most common that you'll see, as it accommodates most uses. The 20oz is fairly convenient for mixing preworkouts and small servings of whey or creatine, but not a whole lot. I haven't used the big 32, but I imagine it'd be perfect for someone drinking big meal-replacement shakes.

The Blender Bottle Classic is highly effective at mixing big clumpy masses of protein into a smooth solution. Things that affect this are mostly the quality of the protein, as cheaper whey's can still clump up a bit. The whisk ball does it's job well, as can be experimented with by trying to mix up a shake sans-whisk. It is significantly harder to get a smooth mix without it.

At Blender bottle's site the classic 28oz bottle will set you back $9.99, with the smaller and larger sizes being a few cents less or more, respectively. Not bad at all considering this might be the most-used appliance that a fitness enthusiast can have. I can also attest to the durability of these bottles, as only after three years of daily use and abuse has my first blender bottle broken (sad day, that was. I'll miss you, Ol' Blue). You really can't beat the price for these, and they're cheap enough to have a few kicking around the house in multiple sizes.

Conclusion

The Blender Bottle Classic is an all around perfect tool for making any powder mix a smooth shake without breaking out the blender. With it's solid construction, simple design, attractive range of colors, AND cheap price, The Blender Bottle Classic is the best and most dependable workout buddy you can have.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Tough Material
  • Multiple Colors
  • Not Good For Warm Beverages
  • Loud
  • Ol' Blue: 10/10
elee229
TROOPer Level: 42
  September 14, 2015

I love this blender bottle. At first I did not want to buy this product because it looked cheap. I didn't think it would be able to take the beatings when I shook it or in my gym bag. However, this blender bottle works very well. It is even bpa free.

Shaking A+

I have only used this bottle for my preworkout, protein powder, and creatine. There has been no problem so far. It mixes very well and there is no clumps. The patented blender ball is flexible so that it can get the powder stuck in the corner of the bottle. For cheap shakers, it takes a lot of shakes to get that smooth consistency. With the blender bottle, less effort and shakes are required to get that smooth consistency.

Colors and Sizes

Blender bottle comes in many different colors. On Amazon, you can choose from 17 different colors. I own a 26 oz bottle with a loop top. I tend to find that the smaller 20 oz bottle is harder to grip (I've got small hands). There are 3 sizes from the regular blender bottle, 20 oz, 26 oz, 32 oz.

Value A+

This is the cheapest yet effective blender bottle I have owned. I have a Umoro shaker that cost me $30 yet almost has the same features as the blender bottle but cheaper. I bought this at Bed Bath and Beyond for $6.50.

Material A

The material for the bottle itself is very sturdy. I have no doubt that it will last a long time. However the cap part does not seem to be as strong. After looking at several reviews, the cap seems to be a problem. So far it has not been for me but it may be in the future.

Is it Leak proof? A+

One of the most important features for anyone looking for a shaker bottle. This is indeed leak proof. I can hold it upside down and nothing will leak out. I have no problem throwing it in my gym bag with my supplements, clothes, phone, etc. and not having to worry about it leaking.

Negatives

Always make sure to clean the bottle within the same day. If protein is left inside a hot car for more than a day, the bottle will reek and you can do nothing to make it unsmell.

Overall 9/10

I recommend this to anyone who is searching to mix on the go. You will not be disappointed. Its cheap and it works.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Tough Material
  • Multiple Colors
  • Doesnt Hold Stink
    Rigpig
    Rep: 0
      June 9, 2014

Ok so you're probably asking why should I buy this instead of using the free shaker cup that the dude at the supplement shop gave me. Plain and simple, this cup doesn't leak from the threads. There is no silly rubber ring to lose in the dishwasher or skew sideways if you tighten it too much. The lid snaps on securely and I have never had a sealing issue and some of my a blender bottles are at least 5 years old. I love these and are the only ones I have now. They're a tiny bit pricey, but for $8 it's worth not cleaning splattered PWO or protein up off my shirt or dash.
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • Tough Material
    • Multiple Colors
    • Doesnt Hold Stink
    David3007
      December 8, 2013

Hello everyone I'm here today to review the blender bottle which I believe is a review that is overdue and needs to be posted. I have received a lot of shakers over the past few years and besides my Muscle Milk one these are the best I have tried so far. I get free ones from Nutrishop all the time but they always brake and then they have to go to the trash.

------------

Price/Value 8

-----------------I'm going to go with an 8 on this because they cost about $7 after tax. I give it an 8 because these bottles can last awhile unless you tend to throw them around and treat them not so nice. If you take the time to care for these they can last for quite some time. I just bought one about 5 months ago and it is still going strong. Try saying that for the Nutrishop ones.

------------

Mixability 8

----------------How do you rate the mixability you might ask. I'm going to rate it on how many supplements I have put in the shaker and how well it mixed them all together. I have had up to 3 different supplements in this and have had little to no chunks as long as the blender ball is present. I do like how most all other shakers have that lid mixer thing a ma jig but in my opinion I have had more clumps from these then the blender balls because the blender ball goes all over compared to the lid being in the lid.

----------------

Conclusion 8

--------------My final thought on this are that I would highly recommend this to anyone who is looking for a shaker that works and lasts as long as you take care of it. I give this an 8 because I wish the price was a little cheaper and I also wish that they made larger bottles but overall this product works and is at a fair price. You can find these pretty much anywhere and as always Walmart has them. Hope you liked the review and keep on lifting gents and ladies.
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • Tough Material
    • Multiple Colors