6.8

(Better than 7% in Weight Gainers)

PRICES (27)

(6 lb) - [$4.67/lb]

eSupplements

(6 lb) - [$4.67/lb]

A1Supplements

Super Mass Gainer is a Weight Gainer manufactured by Dymatize Nutrition. It is a protein based supplement that has additional calories from carbohydrates and fats. It is meant to add additional calories for the body in order to assist with weight and muscle mass gain.

Click here to read our
Ultimate Mass Gainer Guide

Protein > Weight Gainers

5.5
Thanks to Dymatize Nutrition for sending it out!
  October 21, 2017

• Serving Size Too Big
  • Didn't Mix Well

A very big thank you to Dymatize for sending me their mass gainer to review! I am a 26 year old firefighter from Ohio. My main fitness goals are to maintain a solid shape for my job and to build muscle mass / strength.

This is a very big ingredient profile because they stuff it all in here. First off we will start off with the nutrients. They include Vitamin A, B6 and 12, C, and E. Also included in the nutrients are calcium, phosphorus, iodine, magnesium, sodium and potassium. Also included is 1 gram of creatine monohydrate. Now let's get to the numbers. It is 1,280 calories per serving. It includes 10 grams of fat, 244 grams of carbs, 23 grams of sugar and 52 grams of protein per serving. Quite hefty but it is a mass gainer. Now let's breaks down the protein types. The protein they use in this is in what they call a protein blend. That consists of whey protein concentrate, milk protein isolate, whey protein isolate, whey protein hydrosolate and micellar casein. This is similar to their XT protein product because it has several proteins that break down at different stages. It might even be that protein as a base then all the added calories to make it a mass gainer. Which would be fine because I reviewed that protein as well and liked it a lot.

The flavor I received was sugar cookie. Now as far as just the flavor goes it was rather enjoyable. It was quite like drinking a sugar cookie so I was pleased in that aspect. My biggest problem was in the mixability. I understand it's a mass gainer so I was already prepared for large scoops and having to shake the crap out of it. Now the tub recommends a shaker bottle if using a half serving or less. I had a very hard time getting this to be able to blend enough in a shaker bottle to be able to drink it even at that serving size. I moved to a blender and tried it at 24oz which they recommend for a full scoop. That still came out quite lumpy and not fully blended. When I used the full 32oz of their recommendation I was able to get it to fully blend pretty smoothly. I tried both water and milk and thought it tasted much better with milk. Although keep in mind there are more calories. The dosing as far as nutrients go seems perfect because it is a mass gainer. The 2 and half scoops serving size is a lot to get blended but once again it is a mass gainer.

It was effective in gaining mass although it wasn't exactly what I was hoping for. Overall after I was done with it I'd say I was up about 6-8lbs. So technically it worked. I do feel like the only mass I gained though was in body fat. I didn't see much or any gains in muscle. Now I know this is likely to happen with these types of supplements because of the overall amount of calorie intake but I was hoping for more muscle gains considering the amount of protein per serving. It definitely helped me hit all of my caloric and nutrient intakes throughout each day. I always felt very full and slightly bloated because of the 32oz of liquid for quite awhile after ingesting. Feeling full for awhile would be good on a cut but not when your goal is trying to gain mass.

I have found this product on allstarhealth.com for 22 bucks plus 8 bucks shipping. That's a fantastic deal compared to what some other sites are selling it for. I received the 6lb tub and it had 8 servings. So at that price it's about 3.50 a serving. If your looking to use one tub that's not too bad for the results but if you want multiple tubs it'll start getting pricey.

Side Effects

Besides feeling bloated for awhile after consuming I didn't experience anything negative.

Conclusion

Well to conclude I will say it does work just not the results I was hoping for. So if your in the market for a weight gainer and just want general weight increase then this is for you. You can get it for a good price now at the site I mentioned. If your looking for leaner gains or a shake that's not so big then I suggest looking elsewhere. I do not think I would try it again but like I said depending on your goals this may be just right for you.
  • Sugar Cookie: 7/10

Other Prices:
Ill Pump You Up   $26.95
eSupplements   $27.99
A1Supplements   $27.99

Overall
Thanks to Dymatize Nutrition for sending it out!
  October 9, 2017

• Good Recovery
  • Lil Expensive
  • May Cause Stomach Disorders
  • Overpriced
---Introduction---
Huge thank you to Dymatize for their support of the SR Troops program. I've always heard great things about this company. This is my second review of a product that Dymatize makes. The first being their new pre-workout and now I'm doing a review for their weight gainer called super mass gainer. Right now I'm looking to bulk up a put some weight on so when dymatize put this up I was excited to give it a try. Now let's get big.
---Ingredient Profile---
Like most weight gainers the ingredient list is quite long. So I will give you a nice easy to read list with the highlights of this product. First off you get 1,280c with 32oz of milk. But if you add goodies in their like I did that number will be higher. Along with the 1,280c you will also get 52g of protein from 5 different protein sources. Then you get 10.9g of BCAA's for all day muscle recovery. Next you will get 5.2g of leucine. Then you get 23g of sugar which isn't too bad for a weight gainer. And 1g of creatine monohydrate. In all a quality weight gainer that in theory will help put muscle weight on.
---Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
Like with any weight gainers using a normal shaker cup along with water and milk will not work. You have to use a blender. I have a vitamix 5200 which will pretty much blend anything. So it was easy for me to use serious mass. I would normally 2.5cups with 32oz of milk along with a banana, fruit, and some sometimes candy. A few times I just did water, ice, and ice cream then put it in the freezer for a bit. It was really tasty. Mixability with the blender was not an issue. I normally just took it daily.
---Effectiveness---
Looking to get hefty,hefty,hefty serious mass will help you reach those goals. Right now I'm at 205lb and I'm looking to add some extra weight to my frame. I also work two jobs and burn a lot calories during the day so I really don't mind getting a little extra in. I'm looking to get up to 215-220lb in weight which is the reason why I wanted to try this product. Normally I would make a shake first thing in the morning then bring it with me to work. I would drink it in-between breakfast and lunch. I get up pretty early usually around 5am so by 10am I'm ready for some food. The shake came in handy because it would keep me full till lunch time which would be 1-2pm. Now with the extra calories from this shake it did make me gassy during the day along with extra trips to the bathroom. I drank the shakes pretty quick due to timing issues when I'm at work. Drinking such a high amount of calories that fast didn't help. However it did help me get close to my goal of 220lb while take this I was able to get up to 217 with the extra calories I was consuming. My daily calorie intake when from 3,200 up to 5,200 per day when I included the shakes in my diet. Overall this weight gainer that will put some size on you.
---Value---
Bodybuilding.com you get a 6lb tub of super mass gainer for 27.99 which is $3.50 a serving and there is 8 servings in a 6lb tub.
---Side Effects----
Making some hefty gainz
---Conclusion----
Looking to bulk up or needing to put some size on? Give super mass gainer a try! This weight gainer will help put weight and some size on at the same time. Now the 6lb tub can be costly per serving so I would go with the 12 bag because it will be cheaper of the two. Overall this is a quality weight gainer.
  • Rich chocolate: 10/10

Other Prices:
Ill Pump You Up   $26.95
eSupplements   $27.99
A1Supplements   $27.99

Overall
Overall
3.4
5.4

• Not Enough Good Carbs
  • Not Enough Servings Per Container
  • Overpriced
  • Muscle Recovery Wasn't There

Whats up guys, another review here we go. So I am into powerlifting and have been for a little while now. I have been prepping for my first meet for quite some time now. I'm more into the natural approach. Not bashing, shaming, or whatever. Personal choice I feel I don't handle them as well as other people so I stay away. With this being said I concentrate on getting the right amount of protein, carbs, and healthy fats. My supplement stack is usually protein powder, bcaa's(occasionally), pre workouts, and creatine. I may look into a natty test booster but unsure if spending the money is worth it. Although D Pol looks pretty intriguing. Anyways coming back from the tangent to the topic at hand. Dymatize Super Mass Gainer. Why? I'll explain why. My buddy was restocking his store and wasn't planning on getting anymore of these. This probably should have been a tell-tale sign that maybe this isn't a product worth buying. He gave me what I thought was a deal,but later on I learned the hard way I probably should have saved it for a better product. I'm not full on bashing this product. It does what it is intended to do. Just not the best or close to the best or even talked about along with the best supplements.

There is no perfect supplement. Even those that swear by one, there are others whose body doesn't react the same to the same supplement. Every supplement has their flaws. With that being said the ingredient profile on this was what was definitely flawed. They have a ton of vitamins and minerals packed in here and that's cool. Although what I don't like is that their prop blend is their list of amino acids. I would much rather see how much I am getting per serving of amino acids vs. vitamins and minerals. Also why they added 1 gram of creatine monohydrate seems utterly pointless as if they accidentally had a surplus of it and decided to add it to this mass gainer. Even if you drank this every day 1 gram of any kind of creatine will do absolutely nothing to you. Also fructose, corn syrup solids, corn dextrins, and maltodextrin was something I wasn't a fan of. I understand it's a mass gainer, but I feel loading up with a healthier form of carbs other than sugars would have been a better option.

When I opened this product I thought I was on a prank show. The scooper for this product looked like the same one I have seen in cheap laundry detergent. In simplest words its flippen huge! I got a 6 lbs tub of the banana flavor. So the serving calls for two heaping scoops, which I feel was super unnecessary. Especially since there is only 8 servings for a 6 lb tub. I took one scoop at a time and was still able to get over 25 grams of protein, 640 calories, and .5 grams of creatine mono(Lmao!). The flavor was good although this isn't for a shaker bottle. I had to use an actual blender and it worked good. The taste was pretty decent and I usually can't stand anything with a banana flavor. I enjoy bananas just nothing ever flavored like them.

The effectiveness of this product I feel wasn't always there. I went through the whole tub and two weeks I feel wasn't something to gauge a product on. Although I definitely wasn't intrigued enough to seek out another tub to continue with this product. I still felt sore a few hours later and the next day it would be as if I had a weak protein shake(which I did). I would feel sore but not so sore I would say this didn't work at all. The positive with this product was the fact that I didn't have any digestion problems with it. Usually with mass gainers my stomach shows me how weak it really is. This is not the case with Dymatize. I would be full for about a couple hours before I would be running to the kitchen for something to eat. Although this did help me get in my extra calories and carbs for the day that is about where it started and ended. Also when I compare dymatize to Aftershock's critical mass its a night and day difference between the two. I felt I put on decent weight with Aftershock where with this I couldn't really tell since it only last me a little bit past two weeks. Also in those two weeks I didn't feel, notice, or observe any weight or muscle gain.

Okay so I got this for a little bit over $25. Since I did half dosages I paid about $1.50 per serving. If I didn't and took the recommended I would have paid over $3. I don't feel that its worth it personally.

Side Effects

None really

Conclusion

I feel that if I go with a mass gainer again in my supplement regimen it won't be dymatize super mass gainer and I would urge any of my friends to look elsewhere. It's not a horrible product and is sufficient but not something I would go seek out and spend my hard earned money on.

September 21, 2012

• Good Recovery
  • May Cause Stomach Disorders
So this is my first review...
first of all, I am from Czech Republic, so please excuse my english, as it is probably far from being perfect...

I started using this product about a month ago and i am actualy very happy with the results:

1) Taste (hardcore Chocolate)

I really DO NOT consider this very important, however this gainer tastes really good. To be honest, I prefer mixing it with water, as it mixes not so good with milk (I usually prefer milk, as most shakes taste better with milk) and taste is still pretty decent. It is little to sweet and strong for me but i think it shuld be OK for most people...

2) Effectivness

this product actually gave me excellent results - i was able to put on some serious muscle without to much fat - about 4lbs of lean muscle in 3 weaks with almost no fat. I do MMA nd play rugby - both twice a week, so i have enough cardio. It is possible that someone with less cardio can experience more fat gain as this stuff is really rich in carbohydrates and calories...

3) Side effect

To be honest, first time i took this product, I spent about an hour in the bathroom :-(

However, since that I have no problems using this - I strongly recommend to use only half of recomended serving (167 not 334g) twice a day - for me this is far mor convenient and effective then trying to mix and drink one full 334g serving...

NOTE:I do not have this confiremed, but I heard some guys complaining about very high lactose content of this product. It is no problem for me, but I know there are many lactose intolerant people and this can be very important for them. So please if this is your case ,I recommed to do more research about it...

4) Value

I am not sure about price in US or other part of the world, but im my country this is actually pretty cheap compared to other products - about 45$ for 12lbs. On the other hand it will not last long considering the HUGE serving. Anyway, what you get for your money is excellent, at least in my country... Please note that in my county supply of supplements is probably limited and prices much higher compared to US :-(

5) Suggested Use

As I already told you, I recommend using half serving (167g) twice a day - morning and after workout. For those, who are afraid of unwanted fat gain or smaller guys, one half serving after workout should be enough. I am 6'5'' and 240 and do enough cardio so 2 half servings work fine for me... This product is NOT suitable at all for anyone who wants to lose fat or stay extremely slim.

6) Overall Rating

I am not saying, that this is the best gainer out there, but it really works fine form me and it is IMO very reasonably priced. So if you are looking for decent gainer for reasonable price I can recommend this one for sure...

December 7, 2011

Pros:
 Cons:
    • Lil Expensive
    • Very Messy
    • Didn't Mix Well
    I started a new program back in May after a couple of injuries that I sustained mainly because I am very clumsy. With the new program I started in September I need to have more calories in order to get better results I started with a Universal product Gain Fast 3100 before switching to my next choice Super Mass Gainer by Dymatize. To be honest I had somewhat of high hopes for Super Mass Gainer it was recommended from a person I trust when it comes to supplements unfortunate for me though I was disappointed.

Flavor 7.5/10.0

I went with the chocolate flavor because I usually have good luck with chocolate on taste and this one delivered on taste. I personally liked that it wasn't as chalky as some other chocolate flavors that I had but just enough taste where I didn't mind drinking. Yes I have had products I didn't care for and returned before.

Texture/Mix 4.0/10.0

This is by far one of the biggest problems this product has is even if you follow the directions with adding the 24 of milk or water to the product I had to add more than that to drink it. Otherwise it was way to think and most of the time very grainy which I did not care for. I also split the serving size in have one after I workout and then one before dinner and it was still a mess unless I added more water.

Effectiveness 6.0/10.0

It kept me filled most of the day, it also gave me a good source of protein, but as far as adding muscle I can not say it did that to be honest. It did add calories and some protein to my diet which is minimal but if I am to be honest it did that.

Ingredients 7.5/10.0

As with Gain Fast 3100 the ingredients are very similar there is nothing that really sticks out to me on the labels saying this is a must have product. I really have a hard time telling you that this gainier has better ingredients than any other gainer on the market.

Overall Value 5.0/10.0

It is very messy to use I did spill it a couple of times on my counter while making a shake. It is very grainy especially if you don't add enough water to it and it is kind of expensive. If you are looking for a good quality weight gainer I recommend Gain Fast 3100 right now they are priced about the same but Gain Fast is better in my opinion.