(Better than 84% in Pre-Workout > Stimulant)

PRICES
(30 sv) - [$1.63/sv]

Transparent Labs
PreSeries BULK is a Pre-Workout manufactured by Transparent Labs. It is designed to help provide a pre-training advantage by increasing mental focus, muscle performance, endurance and blood flow. This creates an environment optimal for increasing muscle mass and losing body fat.
FORUM TOPICS

October 23, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Fully Disclosed Label
  • Endurance
  • Pricey

Hey SR, here today to give a review for Transparent Labs preworkout called PreSeries Bulk. Preworkouts are a staple of mine, and ever since I have begun working out in the mornings before work I definitely look forward to a pick me up as I am not a morning person at all. I definitely value the all around preworkouts that deliver energy, endurance, focus, and somewhat a pump. I found this to be a great preworkout and I'll detail it below.

So with a brand name of transparent labs, you'd assume it would have a solid profile and it does. All of the ingredients are fully disclosed and it has extremely solid doses of the main ingredients. Some of the highlights are 6 g citulline for pump, a big dose of 4 g of beta alanine for endurance, 4 g of instantized bcaas in a 2:1:1 ratio, and 2.5 g of BetaPure betaine. These are really nice ingredients at clinical or more doses. The bcaas is a really nice bonus for me as I train fasted most of the time and this helps with staying out of a catabolic state and with recovery. To add to these main ingredients, you get a collection of stims and nootropics to help with energy and focus. It is lower on the stims than most preworkouts out today with 180 mg of caffeine. The energy is helped however with synephrine, hordenine, etc. Overall, this is a great profile. One improvement though would be to maybe expand the pump area with some agmatine or nitrates, but I can't complain that much at all.

One scoop preworkout, usual dosage. It mixed very well, some slight foaming but nothing crazy. The taste left a lot to be desired, as the strawberry lemonade was very acidic. I do like the lack of dyes and artificial sweeteners, and since this is a preworkout most of us chug it anyways, so I'll take the good with the bad.

I'll break down the effectiveness in the usual areas for a preworkout.

Energy: This is not going to put your hair on fire, and that's ok. It does provide some clean energy and I had no problem getting through my early morning workouts.

Pump: With my diet and not really a huge responder to citrulline, I got a minimal pump from this product. A pump is a bonus for me, so not a deal breaker at all for me.

Endurance: I feel as though this is the best part of this product. Although this is lower stim, it does provide great endurance and my muscles felt like they could last much longer and allowed me to work through sets and reps better. I'd much rather have this than just a cracked out energy, this improved my workouts and was welcomed. I also felt the bcaas helped here, as even though it's not an intra product my recovery improved as well.

Focus: Another really solid aspect of this product. This helped me "wake up" at 5 am and did provide that tunnel like focus. Definitely felt great during my workouts.

Overall: This was a very complete preworkout for me. I enjoyed taking it and it really helped me perform in the gym in a lot of areas and helped me get closer to reaching my goals.

With all of these ingredients in high dosages, it's going to be expensive. You can get this for $50, with a full 30 servings. If you workout 5 days a week, that's six weeks and I think that's a fair value. I wouldn't hesitate to buy this again at this value since bcaas are also a staple of mine and it's included in this, I can save some of that money with this.

Side Effects

Conclusion

If you want crazy energy, you should look somewhere else. If you want an all around product to help with endurance and focus give this a shot.

October 19, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Fully Disclosed Label
  • No Proprietary Blends
    For the longest time, I had always been curious about Transparent Labs and their line of transparently produced and labeled products. I had been seeing a lot of ads for them on Facebook recently and was becoming increasingly interested, so I was naturally very excited to see them pop up as available tyo try through the TROOP program at about the same time. I chose to use BULK because I'm trending more and more towards lower stim, higher performance/pump based types of pre-workouts, do it was right up my alley in terms of what I was looking for at the time. Let's talk about why I loved my run with BULK so much.

9.5/10

It's been quite some time since I've seen an ingredient profile that caught my eye from top to bottom the way that BULK did. 6g of Citrulline and 4g of Beta Alanine are very hefty doses. The 4g of BCAAs are a very nice touch and I've always been a big fan of the caffeine/synephrine combo. As I previously stated, I've been steering away from higher stim options lately, so 180mg was just about perfect. You won't find much to complain about in terms of how BULK presents itself on paper.

Regarding the Strawberry Lemonade flavor. Did this taste great? No. Did they do a good job of flavoring this with no artificial sweeteners or added sugars considering the sheer amount of ingredients in it? Yes. Do I think some of the other reviewers are exaggerating a bit when they talk about how bad this tasted? Absolutely. I didn't mind this that much at all. I normally use a lot of water with my pre-workouts, so that may have helped attribute to it, but aside from a slight chemical taste, this wasn't bad. A bit of foaming went along with it that dissipated fairly shortly thereafter.

8.8/10

This was just a solid pre-workout despite the lack of high stims. I think the blend of other stimulants beside caffeine really worked in high synergy with the others, making for a clean, long-sustained energy. I never had the dreaded "come-down" that you get from a lot of other pre-workouts. I was also very focused while using BULK, an aspect that I didn't think would shine through as well it did. Gotta love that tyrosine/choline combination. Obviously, the performance/pump aspect was the shining star of BULK. 6g of Citrulline, 4g of Beta Alanine and 4g of Betaine really helped to push me through my workouts and aid in blood flow. Vascularity was way up and my muscles were very full and tense. I don't think there's much that could be added to this to make it much better, aside from my favorite buddy Agmatine, of course :)

7.7/10

30 servings of this will set you back $49 through Transparent Labs website, which is $1.63 per serving. Normally, I'd consider this much too high, but considering how effective this was, I'd spend the money if I had it to burn. If this ever goes on sale, this would be a stellar deal. I'd pounce on that if it ever came around.

Side Effects

Conclusion

8.3/10

All in all, Transparent Labs joins the growing list of brands that have shifted towards transparently dosed products, all geared towards letting the consumers know exactly what they're getting at any given time. This was a highly effective pre-workout that I would consider paying if I had money to spare and would certainly give another go if it ever went on sale. Please don't let other reviewers ratings on taste deter you from trying this absolute gem.
    • Strawberry Lemonade: 6/10

October 13, 2017

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Fully Disclosed Label
    • Solid Pumps
    • Focus
    • Needs More Caffeine

A special thanks to Transparent Labs for their participation here on SR.com. Also, apologies for the tardiness of this review. Today, I will discuss my experiences with their pre workout product BULK. Pre workouts have always been something I've found to be a mainstay tool in my supplement regimen and I've tried and reviewed more than I can count. I've had many good experiences, and some not so good experiences with an array of pwo supplements. Nonetheless, there are always similar things I look for in a pre workout including energy, focus, pump, and if applicable, a thermo effect as well.

BULK contains a fully disclosed and extensive ingredient profile with no prop blend nonsense. Now for a rundown of them individually:

The profile begins with Vitamin D3 at 3,000 IU, 30mg of Zinc, and 5mg of Boron. I would guess this is to help put the body in a more primed anabolic state through testosterone production.

Citrulline Malate 6,000mg - A well known vasodilator, which works through increased NO production via higher arginine blood level production. Citrulline also helps reduce fatigue and enhance endurance.

Beta-Alanine 4,000mg - Best known for tingles.....and its ability to enhance endurance and reduce fatigue by acting as a lactic acid buffering agent.

BCAAs (2:1:1 ratio) 4,000mg: BCAAs are three of the prime building blocks that construct protein, which in turn are the building blocks of living tissue. BCAAs can also have an endurance enhancing and anti-cortisol effect pre workout.

Betaine HCL 2,500mg - Derived from beets, been demonstrated in some studies to improve muscle strength and enhance fat loss through the increase of certain anabolic signaling molecules. Betaine, is also shown to have heart and liver function benefits.

Taurine 1,300mg - An amino acid said to have numerous benefits including improved insulin sensitivity, more efficient testosterone production, acts as an anti oxidant, and can have a calming effect by acting as a precursor to GABA, an inhibitory neurotransmitter. In the case of a pre workout addition, it aids in blood flow and can help deliver nutrients to muscles.

N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine 600mg - A nootropic that enhances mood, focus, and cognition primarily through the increased production of certain neurotransmitters such as dopamine.

Choline bitartrate 500mg - Primarily used as a cognition enhancer, but can also play a role in fat metabolism depending on one's training and diet.

L-Theanine 360mg - A non essential amino acid shown to have cognition enhancement effects as well as calming properties. Works best when combined with stimulants like caffeine.

Caffeine Anhydrous 180mg - The most well known of the common stimulants. Can also exhibit a diuretic effect and enhance fat loss. 180mg seems a little low, but not everyone is a stim junkie so you be the judge.

Mucuna Pruriens (98% L-Dopa) 70mg - Also known as velvet bean and best known for its ability to increase GH, testosterone, and inhibit prolactin. Furthermore, it can act as nootropic and enhance mood. The dose here seems low, but at 98% concentration, maybe that could still provide benefit.

L-Norvaline 60mg - Like agmatine sulfate, this ingredient can enhance the pump feeling through increased NO production.

Synephrine HCL 50mg - A metabolic enhancer that can increase thermogenesis by acting on the receptors in fat tissue that stimulate lipolysis. It is also believed to enhance glucose uptake into muscle cells, allowing for greater degree of caloric usage.

Hordenine 25mg - Best known as an effective nootropic, hordenine increases focus and improves mood.

BioPerine 5mg - As well all know, this is a bioavailability enhancer and absorption aid.

A solid profile overall, nothing to complain about

I received the strawberry lemonade flavor and like reviewers before me, I did NOT like it at all. It had a very distinct chemical aroma, which was accompanied by an unpleasant aftertaste. Consequently, it barely had any recognition as strawberry lemonade.

It did however have good mixability. I never had problems with grit or undissolved sediment.

You would dose this as you would any typical pre workout formulation. I took one scoop about 20 minutes pre workout. One scoop seemed sufficient enough for me, so that was the protocol throughout my entire run with BULK.

Energy (8.5/10): The energy BULK gave me was clean, strong, consistent, and never had me crashing during my workout. I was powering through my workouts with a strong surge of juice each and everytime without any residual tired feeling.

Pumps (7/10): Not the absolute strongest here, but I did get some solid pumps and vascularity from BULK. Had more prominent veins in all trained muscles and a more pronounced swole feel, especially on high volume sets.

Focus (8/10): Focus was razor sharp and mindset was constantly in that much desired "bang that s**t" mode. I found myself undistracted by any common gym nuisances and was plenty more primed in completing all training objectives with each movement and set.

Endurance (7/10): I was actually a bit surprised by this benefit because I was expecting some endurance benefits, but I got more than I had originally predicted. I was notably less fatigued between movements and intra sets with each workout both with my lifting and cardio. I was able to perform sprint intervals and consistent speed punch stints with my boxing routine with more gas in the tank and less rest time between sets and intervals.

Overall (8.8): BULK undoubtedly shined in all areas of the pre workout spectrum. I got strong energy, very good pumps, razor sharp focus, and enhanced endurance, all of which paved the way for new achievements at the gym resulting from my routine.

BULK comes in 3 sizes: 30, 60, 90 servings. It would make sense that most will opt for the 30 serving bag, which I've seen be priced 42-49 dollars. The largest bag goes for about 101 dollars. Given the effectiveness of BULK, I'd say either prices for either sizes are sufficient values and good investments as this is a pre workout that many would most likely want to be suing frequently.

Side Effects

beta alanine tingles, but who cares

Conclusion

Without a doubt BULK hits the mark as one of the most prominent pre workout formulations I've used to date. It powers up your energy gears, sharpens your focus, gases up the pumps, and reduces fatigue allowing you to keep pushing through every training challenge. The only thing that needs improvement is the horrid taste, but then again, we don't take these to enjoy as refreshments. Just remember to always keep your diet and training in check and assess your tolerance with all new pre workouts.

WARMACHINE OUT!!!

GO PATS!!!
    • Strawberry Lemonade: 2/10

October 12, 2017

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Fully Disclosed Label
    • Solid Pumps
    • Research Backed Ingredients
    • Bad Flavor

First and foremost I would like to thank Transparent Labs for sending me out their product so I could try it and review it for you guys. I would also like to thank SR for providing me the opportunity and the tools so that I can share with you guys my experience.

I'm a 39 year old gym rat ... usually 5 times a day in the gym ... twice a week playing soccer ... On Wednesday doing some classes for that extra motivation ... My overall goal is to gain lean mass to look impressive for the next summer ... I'm in constant need of a pre-workout since they go out fast ... especially if you go to the gym 5 times a week ... I noticed this pre in the offers and when I examine the profile I could not resist ...

This has a huge offering of natural ingredients to help you improve your performance in the gym ...

Citrulline Malate a vasodilator is the cornerstone of the NO production. What it means is that you will be able to pump more blood to your muscles which in return will get more nutrients so that they can perform longer. The main advantage if taking this amino acid is to reduce fatigue so that you can increase your reps. The does here is 6 grams but 8 grams is the ideal "sweet spot". I'm not sure why they didn't just add the 2 grams to make it a minimal clinical dosage.

Beta-Alanine is almost included in all PWO's ... this is what give you the tingles on your skin. The reason why this ingredient is included because it will help you in endurance. The way beta-alanine does this by effectively buffering lactic acid build and also improving myofibrilar calcium sensitivity. The 4 grams dosage is a little extreme where the clinical dosage suggest 3.2 grams.

Taurine - Overall it will help you with blood flow. Obviously since you are going to work out and will need all that oxygen and nutrients going to your muscles you want that optimal blood flow. The dosage provided here is at 1.3 grams which is a little more than the sweet spot considered by many.

N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine (NALT) - is a nootropic like choline to help you with your mood. It's an amino acid that will help you with producing noradrenaline and dopamine that help you feel good. It should help you with memory even though you are under stress. The 600 gram is a little bit more than you would need.

Choline bitatrate is used for congitive support. It could also, if you take it with L-Carnitine, help you burn that stored fat faster. Mostly this should help you with cognitive support so that you can stay focused on your tasks and remember how many reps you did :P. The amount of 500 miligrams is half the ideal dosage but I'm personally ok with it since you don't want to go overboard on choline.

L-Theanine - This none essential amino acid is commonly used for calming effects. It should relax you while at the gym and with the addition of caffeine it should also help with focus. Supposedly if you combine theanine and caffeine it has synergistic properties to promote cognition and attention. The dose of 360 miligrams should have an effect.

Caffeine Anhydrous - Caffeine without water that is the main stimulant here to provide energy. The 180 mg dosage is lower than the standard. This would be a good start for anyone.

Mucuna Pruriens (98% L-Dopa) - This is a nootropic that is also been tested to increase the quality of your sperm. So if you think that after a workout you want to increase your family this will help you :P. The dosage is 70mg and I'm not sure if it has any affect and no one has a suggeston on the net.

L-Norvaline - This will help raise the amount of NO your body can produce. What does it simply mean ... your veins will get bigger :P which in return will help your muscles. It's being provided to you at the lower amount the what is recommended.

Synephrine HCL - This is mostly used in fat burners ... it affects your metabolic state by impacting the adrenal system that does 70% of your calorie consumption by default. The dose 50 mg is pretty extreme ... maybe that is why I always sweat like crazy when on this.

Hordenine - This is a nootropic that should help you stay focused and improve your mood. It is also stated that it could work similar to Synephrine for it's abilities to support metabolism. There is no recommended dosage yet anywhere. The dosage provided here is 25 mg ...

BioPerine 5mg - Helps your body absorb all those ingredients mentioned above.

This is where this product pains and that is the taste ... Not that good ... Unfortunately I had to struggle drinking this ... What I do is drink it like I drink straight vodka ... gulp it down and try not to taste it. I love the fact that it does not have any dyes and artificial flavoring but the suffering might not justify it ... The product mixed really well ...

Every time I took this pre my sweat glance started poring out ... I sweat badly ... but to that effect I had increased endurance and the pain was nullified ... This gave me the ability to go an extra rep on my workout before the burn became unbearable. The energy you get from this product is really clean and will last you for about 2 hours ... After that the drop was usually noticeable where I suddenly felt tired ... Usually with other preworkouts that came a little bit later or not at all ... I think it might be due to the lower amount of caffeine ... The focus on this pre is good but I didn't have that euphoria feeling I get with some of the other pre .. The vains would be visible while on this but nothing out of ordinary ... I personally loved this pre for it's endurance support and the numbing of the burn feeling ... You know it was good when you are done with the tube and start missing it ...

Currently this is available for 49 dollars a bag ... that comes out to 1.63 per serving. It's definitely not cheapest pre but you do get a lot for the buck. Unfortunately I know of other pre's that I have personally reviewed that have almost same amount of ingredients and are definitely less expensive.

Side Effects

My stomach did feel a little iffy but nothing major ... It was agitated but not to a point where it was uncomfortable ... I just felt that I ate something that didn't sit well ...

Conclusion

This is a great pre-workout if you don't want to take on something with exotic stims. I do want to warn newcomers about the beta-alanine tingles ... I've been not having them for a while but with this product they came back on. I'm not sure the impact it will have on someone who is not accustomed to beta-alanine ... just beware ... Personally this could be my pre-workout when I need to lay off DMAA/DMHA ... if they lowered the price. I think some people may also find this pre attractive because of the low amount of caffeine ... I thank you for reading this and wish you eternal endurance.
    • Strawberry Lemonade: 6/10

October 8, 2017

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Fully Disclosed Label
    • Research Backed Ingredients
    • Fully Dosed
    • Bad Flavor

I'm a competing powerlifter getting ready for my third meet. I lift six days a week (upper/lower).
    In a few weeks, I'll be peaking, which means more weight, less volume, and focusing on my competition lifts/commands

We have an open label (as always) pre workout from Transparent Labs.
    In Pre Series Bulk, there is:

Citrulline Malate 2:1 (6g)- Citrulline Malate is a pump enhancer and also can help with muscular endurance. 6g is a good dose

CarnoSyn Beta-Alanine (4g) Beta Alanine increases physical performance in the 60-240 second range. It may be additive with creatine. 4g is a good dose-
    although you may want to split the daily dose in two for optimum absorption.

BCAAs 2:1:1: (4g)-BCAAs are three amino acids that are often supplemented with to aid athletic performance. 4g is on the low side. Most people would take 5-10g at a time. I'd rather see bulk leucine here. 4g would be effective and wouldn't cost any more.

BetaPure Betaine (2.5g) Betaine is a metabolite of choline. It can help reduce cortisol and increase muscle oxygenation. 2.5g is a good dose

Taurine (1.3g)- Taurine is an amino acid that has a wide variety of health benefits. 1.3g is a good dose. It's uptake, however, may conflict with beta-alanine

NALT (600mg) NALT is a modified version of tyrosine for increased absorption. It can reduce stress and increase mental cognition. 600mg is a good dose.

Choline Bitartrate (500mg)- Choline is a molecule used for either liver health or mental cognition. 500mg is a good dose, but Choline Bitartrate is not the best form for mental cognition. I'd rather see Alpha GPC or CDP Choline here.

Theanine (360mg)- Theanine is a non dietary amino acid. It can help take away the negative effects of caffeine, e.g. the jitteriness without sedating you. Typically, you twice as much of it as you do caffeine (which is exactly what we see here).

Caffeine (180mg)- Caffeine offers a variety of sports performance benefits: increased power output, running capacity, improves reaction time. 180mg is a moderate dose. It's more than a cup of coffee but less than many energy drinks.

Mucuna Pruriens (98% L-DOPA, 70mg)- This is a good source of L-Dopa. It can reduce cortisol, increase adrenaline, and increase subjective well-being. I'm not sure what a clinical dose is.

L-Norvaline (60mg)- Norvaline is an inhibitor of arginase, which means it can help your pumps last longer. 60mg might be a bit low. From what I could find, 100-200mg is a good dose

Synephrine HCL (50mg)- It's chemically similar to ephedrine but much less potent. It's often used in fat burners now that ephedrine is banned from being in dietary supplements. 50mg is a good dose.

Hordenine (25mg)- is a fat burner/nootropic. I couldn't find much information on it. Some experts have theorized that high amounts of it could be mistaken for opiates in a drug test, this has not been established through any trial/study.

BioPerine (5mg)- This is sourced out of piperine and can increase the absorption of other supplements. Unfortunately, none of those supplements are actually in this product. I don't know if BioPerine is actually doing anything here.

I got the Strawberry Lemonade, and it tasted bad. I'd have to give it a 3/10. It was very harsh tasting, like I was drinking pure lemon juice. I didn't get any sweetness or strawberry flavor.

The mixibility was good, 8/10. I didn't get any clumping and there was a little residue on the bottom of my shaker cup, but it wasn't substantial.

Dose- I used one scoop each time. I never felt the need to use any more. One scoop did a good job for me.

I really enjoyed my workouts with this product, 9/10.

The energy was quite strong, considering it was only 180mg of caffeine. I felt roaring and ready to go within minutes of taking it, and the energy would last the entire workout, which for me is 1-2 hours.

The pumps were very good. I do a fair amount of bodybuilding/pump/fluff work at the end of my workouts, and I never had trouble getting a good pump.

The focus was also nice. I felt dialed in when I used this pre-workout.

PreSeries Bulk comes in three sizes: 30 servings, 60 servings, and 90 servings. If you get the largest size, it's $101.25, which is $1.12/serving. I think this is quite fair. It's a well -formulated, open-label product and a lot of pre-workouts of this caliber are $1.25-$1.50/serving.

Most people, though, probably won't want to commit to such a large container without trying it first. You can get 30 servings for $41.65, $1.39/serving or 60 servings for $75.65, $1.26/serving.

Both of these prices are within the norm.

Side Effects

None for me.

Conclusion

This is a very good pre-workout, especially for those of us who would like a moderate amount of caffeine, at a fair price.

I only have a few suggestions in terms of improvements: fix the strawberry lemonade flavor, switch the BCAAs for Leucine, and switch the Choline Bitartrate for Alpha GPC or CDP Choline. That would take this pre from very good to AMAZING!
    • Strawberry Lemonade: 3/10

August 30, 2017

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Fully Disclosed Label
    • No Dyes
    • No Proprietary Blends
    • Fully Dosed
    • A Bit Foamy

I'm a Graphic Designer on the Gold Coast in Australia and am currently doing some Powerlifting. I'm not one to spend too much but will fork out money on some good quality supplements.

I first heard about Transparent Labs and their PreSeries preworkouts when I was searching online for some of the top preworkouts of 2016 and PreSeries Bulk was popping up around everywhere so I had to check it out and give it a try.

I've taken quite a few different preworkouts such as C4, Pre Jym, Pre Kaged, Pre Series Bulk by Transparent Labs, Total War, Red, White & Boom etc. so I've had some experience with all kinds of pre workouts.

(9.7/10)

Serving size: 1 scoop (21.11g)
    Servings per container: 30

L-Norvaline - 60mg
    Synephrine HCl - 50mg
    Hordenine - 25mg
    BioPerine - 5mg

By looking at the ingredients in PreSeries Bulk you know that this preworkout means business. I love the addition of the testosterone support with the 3000IU of Vitamin D3 and the 30mg of Zinc and found that whilst on PreSeries Bulk I did gain quite a bit of strength (not sure if it was the testosterone support in particular but I believe it helped). The combination of the 6000mg of Citrulline Malate and the 4000mg of Beta Alanine is great, and its the combination of the two ingredients, at scientific doses is what I look for in a preworkout as it helps me a lot with endurance throughout my long workouts. The addition of the 4000mg of BCAAs at a 2:1:1 ratio, combined with a good dose of Taurine is great too, as they'll help with recovery. The Betaine Anhydrous is also great for muscle power and endurance and the N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine, Choline Bitartrate, L-Theanine and Caffeine Anhydrous combination is terrific for mental focus and energy. On paper, PreSeries Bulk is one hell of a good low stim pre workout.

(8/10)

I've tried one of the flavours of PreSeries Bulk: Blue Raspberry (not actually blue because zero dyes, which is great)

The taste is quite sour, however not unbearable in my opinion. It reminded me of sour candy and I got somewhat used to it as I went through each serve.

There were no problems with mixability. No floaters, and the preworkout mixed well after a couple of shakes in a shaker cup with a steel ball, however it did get quite foamy, but this isn't a huge issue in my eyes.

The dosing with this preworkout is definitely where it shines, with all ingredients being dosed perfectly, PreSeries Bulk has become the benchmark of preworkouts for me.

(8.1/10)

PreSeries Bulk was definitely effective. As it didn't have a huge amount of stims the energy wasn't the greatest and didn't really get me hyped up for my workout, but more alert and just awake. The endurance from PreSeries Bulk however was very very good, once I did get that slight energy boost from the caffeine and the increase in mental focus, it didn't drop for quite some time, lasting for my entire workout (2-3 hours). The pump I would get from PreSeries Bulk was terrific and the muscle power and strength was definitely there too, helping me lift more each workout.
    One thing that I personally would want to improve with PreSeries Bulk would be the energy, so maybe an increase in caffeine (maybe to 250mg) or an addition of another stim (DMHA perhaps), then that would truly make this preworkout a 10/10. However I believe this preworkout would be absolutely perfect for those who aren't too keen on high stim preworkouts, or are just getting into preworkouts.

(9.4/10)

The value for PreSeries Bulk in the Australian market is actually quite phenomenal. I bought PreSeries bulk in a 3 month cycle pack (2 PreSeries Bulk and 1 PreSeries Stim Free) and it cost about $150 in total (including international shipping and after using a discount code, which there are plenty floating around), so $50 per 30 serve tub, which is really great, when similar preworkouts like PreSeries would cost around $65-$70 and are usually only 20 serves per tub.

Side Effects

After two tubs of PreSeries Bulk, I experienced zero negative side effects.

Conclusion

PreSeries Bulk is definitely my favourite low stim preworkout. It's transparent, has no dyes or fillers and magnificently dosed, and I would recommend this preworkout for those that are looking for a great, solid all round preworkout.
    • Blue Raspberry : 7/10

Overall
    Overall
    6.1
    6.1
    5.8
      February 12, 2017

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Fully Disclosed Label
    • Research Backed Ingredients
    • Fully Dosed
    • No Dyes
    • No Proprietary Blends
    • Pricey
    • Negligible Performance Improvements

I'm a fitness enthusiast who has been in the gym and using supplements for over 10 years. I love the feeling of progress and find the weights to be a great stress reliever. I'm not pursuing any particular goal other than staying consistent and staying injury-free as long as possible. Putting on more mass has always been my focus and I don't see that changing anytime soon.

I've represented two different companies via online forums in the past. I am certified as a personal trainer through NASM but do not have plans to pursue that as a career due to familial responsibilities.

I decided to post this review because I was looking up reviews on Inspired Nutraceuticals DVST8 White Cut and was reminded how beneficial authentic reviews from experienced users can be in making purchasing decisions. I'm hoping my input will prove valuable to other as well.

The profile on PreSeries Bulk is one of the cleanest I've seen in a long time. It's rare to see ergogenic aides dosed so generously with less than 300+ mg's of caffeine and more than 20 servings per container. I am very conscientious of my caffeine intake and have ultimately passed on many other well-dosed products due to the stimulant content.

Not only is the caffeine content moderate, a 2:1 ratio of l-theanine to caffeine puts it in a small category of products that don't aim to load you up with a stimulant kick only to drop you off just as quickly after the workout. The inclusion of the other ingredients for testosterone support and those which require continued dosing to benefit from (like beta alanine) don't hurt the product but are difficult to rate in a pre-workout setting where immediate benefits should be the focus.

Overall, as my title implied, I think it's a clean and well-rounded profile that seems to genuinely aim to improve your performance without relying on heavy-laden stimulants.

This product is average at best in the taste department. I have never let the taste of a supplement, other than protein powder, affect my use of a product and this is no exception. Transparent Labs clearly didn't overdload it with artificial sweeteners and the majority of the flavor seems to be driven by the citrulline-malate which has a very tart taste on its own.

Mixability for this product was decent. As expected with so many ingredients and such a large serving size, there will typically be residue left in your cup that can easily be taken care of with amother ounce of water swirling around afterwards.

I never went above one not quite heaping scoop so the container lasted quite a while only working out an average of four days a week.

I enjoyed my workouts using this product for the most part (see side effects below). I didn't feel like it improved any one area of my workouts to a truly noticeable degree but that should be expected given the jack-of-all trades approach the product clearly took.

Energy was decent considering the relatively moderate stimulant content and the focus was increased more so than what caffeine alone produces but I don't think this will appeal to most seasoned pre-workout users. I would be hard-pressed to attribute any increase in endurance and pumps to this product.

I purchased this product because it was on sale as a buy one, get one 50% off at esupplements.com. I just finished the first tub within the last month or so and am contemplating if/when I'll crack open the other tub. While the product is packed with ingredients and 30 servings per tub, it's hard to justify this product over others on the market with similar offerings and more tangible benefits during the workout itself.

Side Effects

I am not entirely sure what caused it but towards the last half of the tub I started experiencing nausea like clockwork, roughly 30 minutes after ingesting my scoop in the mornings on an empty stomach. I can't help but think the dose of beta alanine might have been the culprit as the nausea almost always started when the paresthesia (tingles) kicked in.

Conclusion

I commend Transparent Labs for their commitment to producing clean products with proven dosages of validated ingredients. I can't recommend this product considering the lack of standout performance improvements and the standard pricing which is much higher than other tried and true products I've used.

January 10, 2016

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Fully Disclosed Label
    • Not Too Much Caffeine
    • Safe
    • No Fake Sweeteners
    • Great Flavor
    • No Dyes
    • Pricey

I am currently a student at Virginia Tech University majoring in "The Science of Food Nutrition and Exercise". Between my major giving me the scientific background to base my review on and my own personal experience from trying supplement after supplement, I can say that I have a level of credibility when reviewing this product. I participate in Crossfit and lifting at my college gym as well as triathlons with the goal of being an overall fit and HEALTHY individual. I am a skinny guy naturally, always looking for something new to try and help me gain some muscle mass. I have trusted supplement reviews.com many times in the past as a go to for researching new products and have found them to be quite helpful each end every time. This is my first review after years of trying every supplement under the sun, so that should say something about how much I love this product!! I have not received any free products from Transparent Labs in exchange for this review, although I did take advantage of a coupon code they were advertising around christmas time for 15% off.

When it comes to supplements I have a few main priorities: First they should be free of artificial sweeteners / flavors. Artificial sweeteners give me a headache, cannot be digested by the natural processes of our body, and have been shown in studies to prevent your body from feeling full as well as potentially causing cancer! Transparent labs stays away from fake and decides to stick with natural sweeteners (and at low levels) to make their products the best they can be. I also stay away from "proprietary blends" because I feel that they are just ways to hide how much of each ingredient the company decides to include in their products. As the name would imply, Transparent Labs makes it a top priority to let you know EXACTLY what you are getting with every one of their products. When it comes to pre-workouts, I have been looking for years to find 5 key ingredients all in one product. Transparent Labs has finally released a supplement that does just that, and MORE! 6g of Citrulline Malate is more than enough to give you a noticeable pump. I start noticing my arms swelling up and getting ready for whatever I throw at them after about 10 minutes. Beta-Alanine is key to any good pre-workout supplement, and at 4grams per serving you are definitely getting your moneys worth. It gives you a slight tingling sensation immediately after drinking a glass which lets you know its working but is not uncomfortable in the least. They include 4grams of BCAAs in the clinically proven ratio of "2:1:1", the ratio of leucine, isoleucine, and valine. BCAAs taken before a workout keep your muscles from breaking down during the workout and provide an easily available source of the building blocks for the synthesis of new muscles. 4 grams of Betaine helps your body process creatine and reduce stress factors while promoting growth hormones and keeping you from getting tired during your workout. The last important ingredient for me in any pre-workout is caffeine. While Transparent Labs offers a stimulant free version of this supplement, I find that 180 mg of caffeine is the perfect balance for a pre-workout supplement. Bulk does not make me jittery or raise my heart rate to unsafe levels. This was a major concern of mine with other pre-workouts, keeping me from taking them on a regular basis. The others just didn't seem healthy and made me anxious, jittery, and have a heart rate almost approaching 200 (although my resting heartrate is around 50). With Transparent labs I felt none of these negative effects. I did get a burst of energy right after drinking Bulk that helped motivate me even at times where I could barely get off the couch. It was noticeable, but not uncomfortable. I was never jittery and my heart rate stayed within safe levels of 120-170 beats per minute even during the most intense parts of my workout. I was also able to fall asleep at night easily even if I drank it as late as 5 oclock (bedtime at midnight). While I cannot get into every one of the rest of the ingredients, I will say that none of them raised concern for me (and I am a very conservative person when it comes to supplements) and that their website does a great job referencing actual scientific studies to explain why they added each one. They have ingredients for focus, stress relief, testosterone support (including vitamin D which is greatly lacking in many american's diets and critically important to immunity, bone strength and overall health) etc... Every ingredient definitely does its job. I will also say that I really like that they included BioPerine which has been shown to help with the absorption of many of the other ingredients in the formula.

One scoop is fairly large compared to most "concentrated" pre-workout formulas I have tried. But this is one of the reasons that it is the best! They actually include full clinical dosages of each and every ingredient that I want to see in a pre-workout. It mixes marvelously with just a straw in a glass of cold water and goes down easy. I actually love the taste! It's not too sweet and has abit of a sour taste due to the citrulline. I am so glad that they didn't try and cover up this natural flavor with too much sugar or fake flavors. It is easy to drink in one big sip and doesn't cause me to have an upset stomach or any negative side effects. I can honestly say that I look forward to drinking it more than any other pre-workout I have tried!

It is effective. Period. I get a great pump, a surge of energy, no jitters, can workout for hours (not that it's always best to go for too long), and recover quicker than without taking this product. I hadn't taken a pre-workout in 3 months before starting this product, but after my first jar I can clearly say that it has helped me to break out of a plateau and that the first scoop was just as effective as the last. For anyone who knows about supplement ingredients, they will tell you that Pre-series bulk has everything you need in a pre-workout and I believe that they purposefully left out all of the things that could be unsafe. The bottom line is that no supplement will bring about miracle results without you putting the work in, but Pre-Series Bulk gives you all that you need to achieve your full potential if you hit the gym regularly and put in 100% effort every time you go!

This is a new company hitting a crowded supplement market. They have opted for quality and transparency in order to stand apart which I appreciate 100%. While it is not cheap, I think that people will realize just how near perfect their combinations of ingredients are and opt to pay a little extra in order to get what they pay for, which is truly a high-quality supplement. They regularly offer discount coupons on their website and you can save alot by purchasing more than one container at a time and even get free shipping at $150. Every single product they have released has been like a dream come true for me and I hope others will realize how awesome they are as well, and that overtime they will be able to lower their prices as they expand and broaden their customer base.

Side Effects

I feel perfectly fine about taking this supplement on a daily basis over and extended period of time (which is something I cannot honestly say about ANY other pre-workout). My heart rate stayed within a safe limit even during intense parts of my workout and I never felt anxious or jittery. I waited to have my yearly physical until the day after I finished my first tub of Bulk. I got all of my blood panels taken as well as tests for levels of specific vitamins and minerals to make sure that I wasn't "overdoing" anything that could harm my body. I am very happy to report that all of my results came back perfectly within safe / healthy limits which gives me even greater confidence to continue taking this supplement and other Transparent Labs products. Bottom line, no side effects, just benefits!

Conclusion

If you want a natural, fully dosed, safe, and effective pre-workout supplement for regular use look no further!!! It is honestly the closest thing to perfect I have been able to find in the pre-workout category in years of trying them all. While they have given me no reason to doubt their ingredient panel I would like to see them get a GMP or similar 3rd party certification just to ease my mind even more. If they can get a few 3rd party certifications and lower their prices just alittle I will give them a 10 in the future! I hope to share my experience with the rest of their products in the future as well as write reviews for my favorites of other categories!

September 27, 2015

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Fully Disclosed Label
    • Focus
    • Research Backed Ingredients
    • A Bit Foamy

I had never heard of this company before it came up on the TRoop panel, but after looking at the ingredient profile I had to grab a jug and give It a shot. Im always chasing that perfect preworkout and this looked like a good place to continue that search.

You have a 22gram scoop of several products all at effective clinical doses. The 1st thing that jumps out at you is the lack of creatine in the product, Transparent said they left it out because when mixed with the amount of caffeine it doesn't have the same effect. This doesn't bother me as I usually have a separate jug of creatine on hand at all times. Next, they put in a couple pump products in a hefty dose of 6 grams of citrulline malate and Norvaline, I wish they would have added bit of agmatine or maybe some beat root and this would have been pretty close to perfect for me. They then have a decent dose of BCAAs and more than the recommended amount of beta alanine(4grams). Lastly the point I think they focused on the most was geared towards energy and focus with caffeine, theacrine, etc.

Blue Raspberry is the only flavor available at the moment which is usually a safe flavor. Taste...... When I take my pre's I usually like to just go with 6-8 oz of water and slam it down pretty quick, no sipping or thoughts. If you go this route this stuff is STRONG and kind of reminded me of a Blue Razz warhead candy as soon as you put it in your mouth strong sour-ish taste. Taste is never a deal breaker and when I tried on a couple of occasions to go with 12-16oz I found it much more enjoyable, not overly sweet with a slight tartness that I liked.
    When mixing..im guessing its the addition of the BCAAs, but I don't think I have ever had a product with so much foam especially a preworkout, everything mxed up great no sediment leftover, but the foam was always there and lots of it.
    Dosing 20-30 minutes before workout

I'll break this up into a few categories like I have seen some others do...
    Pump-This was the only aspect of the product that disappointed me, I never seemed to get much of a vascular appearance or a real deep muscle fullness on this alone, on a few instances I did add a non stimmed pump product and had some great almost painful pumps but as a pump product in itself it just wasn't there.
    Performance/Recovery- The beta alanine and the BCAAs added in there did a great job, I was able to recover between sets a little faster and the soreness never got unbearable, lactic acid buildup was held off a little longer as well.
    Focus/Energy- This is where this product really shined for me. There were a few days when I took this on the way to the gym and I was just having an off type feeling sort of day. Just tired, like if I closed my eyes I would have no trouble going to sleep on the bench. This was a cracked out energy that hit you like a train, but it really eased in and before you knew it you were knocking out sets like you came in just pumped up ready to go. The focus wasn't one of those euphoric uncomfortable types either, I just knew what I was going to do and got it done nothing distracted me. I was able to workout for an hr and a half to 2 hours without any problem of running out of juice and never once crashed after.

Right now this can only be found at the Transparent site for 49.99(30 servings) while that is much more than other preworkouts on the market this is a newer company that has all the ingredients fully disclosed, no dyes, and in effective dosages. I don't mind paying a pittle more for that, and im sure the price will go down once it gets out into some more vendors.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Thanks to Transparent for allowing the TROOP to try this product out, for me it was a great product and im looking forward to trying out some of the rest of your line. If your looking for a true 1 scoop product with effective ingredients in clinical doses then give this a shot.
    • Blue Raspberry : 8/10

Overall
    Overall
    9.4
    9.7
      September 18, 2015

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Fully Disclosed Label
    • Great Flavor
    • No Dyes
    • No Proprietary Blends
    • Fully Dosed
    • A Bit Foamy
    I was given the opportunity to test and review Transparent Labs: PreSeries BULK through the SRTroops program here on SupplementReviews.com, which I want to give a BIG Shout Out and THANK YOU to SupplementReviews and Transparent Labs! Thank you for participating in our TROOPS reviewing program, and personally for the chance to test and review this product! This review is for the 30 serving product, in the Blue Raspberry flavor. This is not a paid review, but one that I was given the product for free in exchange of submitting a completely honest review. This is the first product from Transparent Labs that I have had the chance to review, but is the first Pre-Workout Supplement that I have had.

Introduction/Discussion
    Transparent Labs currently has three different Pre-Workout products: PreSeries BULK, PreSeries LEAN, and PreSeries STIM-FREE. "PreSeries BULK is designed to support lean muscle growth and includes a testosterone support complex, while PreSeries LEAN is designed to support fat loss and includes a thyroid support complex. PreSeries STIM-FREE, as the name suggests, contains zero stimulants and has added Creatine HCl."

No Creatine! This is rare in my experience for a Pre-Workout to not have, but if you have been reading my previous reviews of Creatine added products you will know that I have been desiring one with no Creatine. Why would I not want Creatine in my Pre-Workout? Well normally we see plain Creatine Monohydrate added or other/many different forms, which are typically underdosed to the 5g a day protocol. Not an issue with PreSeries BULK! Another issue I have with Creatine in my PWO is the fact that if it sits long enough the Creatine converts to Creatinine, which is useless in our supplementation. I write this not to negate the Stimulant free version of Preseries, but to give the reader (you) a different insight to purchasing this product. Oddly enough Transparent states "Large doses of caffeine negates the ergogenic effects of creatine", which I would like to see the source of this claim as I have seen other readings suggesting that it actually gives a better uptake of Creatine!

Fear not if you are like many whom are afraid to combine caffeine with your creatine, as recent studies have shown it actually helps the absorption of creatine to the muscle fibers! "Caffeine increases creatine transport by stimulating the release of adrenaline, which boosts sodium levels outside the muscle cell.9,10 This increase in extracellular sodium concomitantly reduces sodium levels within the muscle cell, creating a need within the muscle cell for sodium. As a result, the muscle cell eventually begins taking in some of this extracellular sodium to replenish the loss of sodium."

BB.COM: http://goo.gl/RTY1LA
    M&D: http://goo.gl/VMN644

Formula
    Seen below in the image, you can see the many different ingredients contained in PreSeries BULK which are all disclosed with NO Proprietary Blend! For those who aren't aware, Proprietary Blends are ingredients listed in a total mix where the dosages of each are not known. There are many drawbacks to the consumer when the ingredients are given in this way, and can potentially cause harm to you especially when combined with other products of similar ingredients or contraindications. I include the supplement label in my reviews in case a product does a non-disclosed ingredient change in such a way you know that the product in this review is the one that matches your label.

I will not go into detail of these ingredients, but I say that I am rather impressed! We have fully dosed amounts of many ingredients, and then some great combinations of focus agents! To top it off you get a SOLID 4g of BCAA's, which is more than enough help with the recovery of your workouts but also help you through them! Transparent Labs goes further than I have seen with other supplement companies, as they go into great detail of their ingredients along with providing sources of those claims! If this isn't impressive enough than you are not listening, as their name suggests they are TRANSPARENT with nothing to hide and they don't hide behind their claims as many other companies! This formula needs to be called "The People's Formula" because it gives everything we want: FULLY DOSED, NO PROPRIETARY BLENDS, NO DYES. They definitely have an attractive package here, which does win me over into giving them the Trustworthy Badge.

Transparent Labs does an excellent job going over all the ingredients: http://transparentlabs.com/products/preseries-bulk-preworkout

Mixability
    I used several different cups/bottles to mix this product including: a mesh screened shaker cup, wire ball shaker cup, and a water bottle. Each time in all of these cups I mixed 1-2 less than leveled scoops (21.11g/42.22gg) to the 12/16/18/20/24/32 ounces of water. The mixability of this product is ok but not great, but if you swirl and then drink it all goes down fine with the exception of a bit of foam. I always use cold water if I can help it, but it possible that the shaker cups being hot could affect the mixability some. So it did in fact have foam, but it gradually got better some as I made my way through the container. In addition to the foam there was some sediment present on the bottom of the cup/container. If I would shake this before the gym (5-10 minutes) and consume on the way, it would have less foam and a small amount of sediment on the bottom of the shaker. Of course if I would consume quickly after shaking it, there would only be some foam left over. The directions indicate to mix one scoop with 16-24 ounces of water, which I went ahead and tried mixing this at varying amounts of water to change the level of sweetness/flavor that I desired. I feel no amount of water really affected the mixability negatively or positively, but once you pass the 24 ounce mark it would bring the flavor down (based off of 1 scoop). As I added more scoops I found that PreSeries BULK tasted best with 24 ounces of water per scoop, but then again some like it a little less sweet than others.

Taste
    SupplementReviews has added a flavor rating system which I will indicate my love of the taste, but do realize it is very biased in all reviews as we all assemblate flavors differently and desire various levels of sweetness. This is exactly what you would expect from a "Blue Raspberry" flavored product, and Transparent Labs did a great job with it! While smell isn't part of my taste test, you do taste what you smell and the smell of PreSeries BULK is sweet! It has a powdered sugar smell, yet a distinct blue raspberry flavor.

I used this product on the way to the gym typically, which I found that within 15-25 minutes I was ready to go. The directions state "20-30 minutes before training". I ran BULK with 1 scoop for the majority of the container, but did try 2 scoops on one day which I would not recommend. I felt that 2 scoops was not any more effective than 1 scoop, but this will be explained below in effectiveness. My scale showed this to be dosed with less than a leveled scoop, and Transparent recommends a full leveled scoop which I did close to for the full duration of this product.

Effectiveness (9.4/10)
    PreSeries BULK is meant to be the typical Focus/Energy Pre-Workout, but then it goes running past the rest for the Pump! Next we have a great amount of Strength ingredients even without the added Creatine, but with the addition of BCAA's we have the Strength support with recovery! Past that we also have a decent amount of Testosterone support, while it is indeed supportive Transparent Labs does not make outrageous claims saying it is Test Boosting. There are many different ingredients for all of these effects, but the fact that they are given with a full/hefty dosage it is no wonder how this product could be so effective.

Focus/Energy (8.5/10)
    The focus was strong enough to keep me going in my workouts, but not give me a crash later in the day. While it wasn't the strongest focus I have gotten from a Pre-Workout, it was definitely a worthy adversary. I feel that the 180mg of Caffeine is good, but it is playing it too safe and I would like to see it bumped up to the 250 mark. The reason I went two full scoops was because I was wanting more tunnel vision that day, and 360mg of Caffeine was going to be good but doubling of ALL the other ingredients was not a good thing.. Digestion! 12g of Citrulline Malate is not easy to digest, and definitely more than needed! Not to mention the 8g Beta-Alanine that made me want to scratch the entire workout! I spent most of that workout going to the bathroom, as you could imagine. At any rate, Transparent Labs does not recommend taking more than 2 scoops a day and I am sure they aren't suggesting to take those 2 scoops all at once either. They give reason for their formula and I can respect that, but sometimes we need results over what a study shows. "Moderate doses of caffeine have also been found to not negatively interfere with natural thermoregulation like higher (300 mg+) caffeine-infused pre workouts do".

Pump (9.1/10)
    The pump is more than a great feeling, as it provides a stretch to the muscle fibers contributing to further development. Alongside that we have an increased volume of blood, aka nutrients, coming to those fibers as they breakdown causing those areas to be given the best chance at growth and recovery. I haven't been too responsive with pump products in the past, but when you have this much (clinically dosed) Citrulline Malate I find myself getting a great pump! But they don't stop there, with L-Norvaline in the mix we see even more aid in the mighty quest for the pump! Overall the pump was indeed an effective part of this product, but it is even more effective with the proper Carb intake especially before the workout ;) (Poptarts ftw).

Endurance/Strength (10/10)
    With the greater than Clinical dosed amount of Beta-Alanine you have a whopping 4g of endurance coming at you, and it does get the job done.. and then some! Transparent Labs goes to show us more studies to why the BCAA's are added to this product "It also helps to reduce tryptophan build up in the brain during workouts. This allows for greater energy and endurance while working out. Leucine has been found to significantly increase strength during workouts." and it delivers, even if it isn't a full 5g dosage it is definitely an effective amount. I was able to sustain my PR's and gain a bit on this by either reps or +5 to +10 pounds, which alone is a feat and I felt BULK aided me with this.

Value (9.7/10)
    Transparent Labs presents PreSeries BULK on their webstore only, which typically means a more expensive product. At $49 you can get this 30 serving tub, which comes out to $1.63 a serving and with it being a 1 serving per workout you are getting a great value! With the addition of the BCAA's you have an effective recovery product added to this, but when you factor in the potent Testosterone Support it does make the value even greater. But wait, there is more! (In Billy Mays Voice, RIP) Transparent Labs gives discounts when you buy in multiples, giving you a discount of 9.2% ($9) for two tubs and 19.1% ($28) for three tubs! This gives you a good value, with it costing $1.48 a serving for two and $1.32 for three. While I may be crazy I am not a 10/10 crazy, but this is more than an excellent deal for this product!

Overall (9.4/10)
    I am pleased to say that Transparent Labs is a company that I feel I can place my trust in, as they are not hiding anything from view of their customers. They have given us a FULLY DOSED, NO PROPRIETARY BLENDS, NO DYES product that is EFFECTIVE and tastes great! They go beyond many companies and give you the reasons for EACH and EVERY ingredient, along with the clinical studies supporting them. The value of this product is the best that I have seen, along with the effectiveness makes it a great purchase. Overall I am happy that I have had Transparent Labs PreSeries BULK, and I believe you would be too. I highly recommend it!

I want to say thank you again to SupplementReviews, Transparent Labs and Matt for allowing me the opportunity to review their product PreSeries BULK! Thank you for reading, and comment below!
    • Blue Raspberry : 8/10