Pre-Workout > Pump

Citrulline Malate is a Pump Product manufactured by NutraPlanet. It is meant to increase blood flow, muscle pumps and increase vascularity. It can be stacked with a stimulant based pre-workout for an added stimulant effect. This promotes an environment for increased muscle mass and fat loss.

Pre-Workout > Pump

Overall
Overall
  January 15, 2014

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Pumps
  • Fullness
  • Sour Taste
So here's my review for citrulline malate, a staple of mine, and one I believe should be a staple of everyone's

Effectiveness(9/10):
From this point on I'll refer to citrulline malate as simply CM, just to avoid any confusion. I dose between 7-9g on workout days, mixing it into my pre-workout. CM provides great endurance, and also some good pumps/fullness. The endurance from CM is something that's hard to not miss after you discontinue use. I lift with very high volume, and this always me to almost feel unfatigued from one exercise to another. That kind of endurance that makes you want to lift even one days you don't want to be there.

Pumps(7/10):
CM provides pretty good pumps. Nothing crazy, but definitely noticable. One of the best standalone products for pumps, IMO.

Taste(7/10):
It's "unflavored", but it does have a bit of a sour taste to it. This is something I somewhat enjoy when I mix it in with my pre-workouts or powerade/gatorade. My favorite is in blue powerade, gives it a blue razz kind of taste.

Value(9/10):
CM is very inexpensive, which is why it makes a great staple. You can get 500g for around $40 (close to 100serv depending how you dose)

Overall(9/10):
Awesome product, lots of benefits. Cheap, effective, all around package. Something I think everyone should through into their supplement regime, or atleast try.

Advertisement: