(Better than 96% in Pre-Workout > Pump)

BIG NOISE is a Pump Product manufactured by Redcon1. It is meant to increase blood flow, muscle pumps and increase vascularity. It can be stacked with a stimulant based pre-workout for an added stimulant effect. This promotes an environment for increased muscle mass and fat loss.

Pre-Workout > Pump

December 4, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Incresed Focus
  • Incresed PUMPS
  • Versitile
  • Gritty
  • Slight Residue On Bottom

38 years old and I lift 4 days a week currently. I decided to run a REDCON1 stack a little while back and typically do not take a pump enhancer, but decided to give Big Noise a shot. I had originally bought this to use as a non stim PWO, but after a week of that I decided to hold off on using this until I ran my REDCON1 stack. So this review will cover me running this for a week by itself and then in conjunction with Total War. Lets see if this product is worth making a big noise about.

I cannot say how extensive this ingredient profile is, since the last time I took any sort of pump enhance was years ago with NO Explode, and back then I really did not care what the ingredients were (my youth and dumb ignorance). Fully transparent profile as we have come to expect from REDCON1 and really appreciate in the community. This is becoming the new standard at least for me personally when it comes to trying out new companies. Lets break down the ingredients in here since it is not too extensive:

Gylcerol Monostearate (3g): I could not find too much on this, but it is a diuretic and can lower blood pressure, regulate body temperature, induce vasodilation and reduce fatigue in endurance athletes. It can be a cell-dovlumizer if you do not stay hydrated while taking this. Mind you this information is from the forums at BB.com so take it with a grain of salt. Personally, I don't know much about this ingredient so I don't have much of an opinion on this one way or another.

Betaine Anhydrous (BetaPower) (2.5g): When looking at the human evidence at this moment in time, it appears that betaine is effective and reliable for reducing homocysteine concentrations when taken daily at 3g or more. A single dose of betaine reduces homocysteine levels, which remain suppressed as long as supplementation is continues. Betaine has been found to reduce homocysteine by 10% in persons with normal levels or by 20-40% in persons with elevated homocysteine levels. It has unreliable evidence for enhancing performance at this time. If taken twice daily at 1.25g a shot, it has been linked to increased power output and minor increases in workout volume and endurance. Here we have 2.5g taken in one sitting, so likely this is not doing much. (EXAMINE)

Astragalus Membranaceus (1g): This is typically used for the common cold, upper respiratory infections, allergies, and to strengthen and regulate the immune system. There is insufficient evidence at this time to say it increases atheletic performance at all. Proper dosage is unknown at this time as it relies on way too many factors. (WEBMD)

Agmatine Sulfate (1g): Agmatine is a metabolite of L-Arginine. It shows promise for alleviating neuropathic pain and drug addiction. Agmatine supplementation can also protect from strokes and benefit cognitive health. This does not go well with Arginine, Citrulline, Yohimbine, DAA, or Creatine (if creatine positively influences NMDA signalling). Exact dosage is unknown, but you do not want to exceed 2.6g as their is not enough research to prove toxicity levels higher than this, so we are safe here with 1g. (EXAMINE)

L-Alpha Glycerylphosphorylcholine (300mg): Alpha GPC is a cholinergic compound that is used for its cognitive-promoting properties, and to enhance power output in athletes. It appears to also support cellular membranes, and may aid in preventing cognitive decline. 300 - 600mg is the standard dose here, so we have the low end dose here, but good enough. (EXAMINE)

CDP Choline (250mg): CDP-choline (citicholine) is a nootropic compound that converts to both choline and cytidine upon ingestion, the latter of which converts into uridine in the body. It appears to confer cognitive-promoting properties as a prodrug for these two compounds. 500mg - 2g is the standard dose here, so we are a bit under dosed. (EXAMINE)

Rhodiola rosea root extract (200mg): Rhodiola rosea is a traditional chinese medicine and Scandinavian herb touted to promote physical/cognitive vitality. It appears to be proven for reducing fatigue and exhaustion in prolonged stressful situations. Rhodiola is also neuroprotective and promotes longevity in preliminary evidence. Dosages as low as 50mg has been shown effective against fatigue, however standard recommendation is 288-680mg. I am okay with the 200mg we have here. (EXAMINE)

Huperzine A (200mcg): Huperzine-A is a cognitive enhancer that inhibits an enzyme that degrades the learning neurotransmitter, acetylcholine; due to this, a relative increase occurs. It belongs to the cholinergics class of molecules, and may be useful in fighting cognitive decline in the elderly. May need to be cycled. Personally, I really like this stuff, and was first introduced to this ingredient with Pre-Jym and have been a fan ever since. 50-200mcg is the standard dosage here, so we have a nice dose here.

Its funny, when you break this down you really do not see any common NO ingredients and would not think it does much at all, but as we will discuss in the effectiveness section it really performs well. I guess I am used to seeing ingredients like Citrulline as a common pump, but its good to branch out and check out other ingredients every now and again. So not a bad profile overall.

Taste: I got the Sour Gummy Bear flavor and at first I absolutely loved it. It truly tasted like a sour gummy worm (not bear) to me, and I am a huge fan of gummy's. After a couple weeks though the taste loses its luster, but is still very easy to drink.

Mixability: It mixed and dissolved up really easily in my shaker with around 8-10oz of water. As with every REDCON1 powder product I have used it does leave a bit of residue on the bottom, for whatever reason this is a common theme across REDCON1's prodcuts. No big deal it washes out very easily.

Dosing: I took this by itself and mixed with Total War 30 minutes prior to my workout with 8-10oz of water. Pretty standard here.

I first got this a few months ago in hopes to take a break from stim PWO's and try this out as a non stim PWO. I used it for about 5 workouts by itself, so I will break this down based off dosing it solo and then dosing it with Total War. Solo, it gave me some good focus and I really enjoyed the pumps that I got from this by itself. Obviously this is not going to get you all amped up without the stims, but it was enough to get my mind right and focus on the task at hand (the workout). Plus any hypertrophy type workout that I would do with this my muscles would completely fill up, and it looked and felt great. I actually got a pump so bad that it actually hurt at first, which is one thing I am not used to experiencing since I do not normally take pump agents by themselves. Worked pretty awesome, so if you just want the pumps and do not need or want the stims you definitely want to consider this as a stand alone.

Once I combined this with Total War my workouts got amazing. Like others have said in the reviews below, it is pretty obvious that this was specifically designed to pair up with Total War. Total War by itself would give me a little pump as well, so combined my pumps were amazing and I would have that muscle fullness look well after my workout. My favorites were doing arms with this, especially triceps because they looked incredible. I can definitely see the appeal of taking a Pump product now.

The product claims to increase blood flow and pumps, increase blood oxygen, and increase mental focus. Obviously I saw the increased blood flow and oxygen. The mental focus was okay, I respond pretty well to Huperzine A, so it did give me slight tunnel vision and focus for my workouts. I have had higher doses of Huperzine A in the past and that worked better for me, but this by itself gives you enough focus to the point where you are surprised your workout is over instead of wondering when it will be done. So no wazoo claims here.

I picked this up from REDCON1's site for $39.99 for 30 servings. That comes out to $1.33 per serving which is a bit steep. However you can buy this from Amazon for $25.99 which comes out to 87 cents a serving which is a pretty great value in my opinion. Also I would like to mention that REDCON1 does give 25% for all Military and First Responders, so I did get a discount as well. So not a bad value since you can find this for a pretty decent deal.

Side Effects

I did have to use the bathroom when taking this prior to my workouts about 90% of the time. That is likely due to the Gylcogen I am thinking now, but not a big deal, just something to take note of.

Conclusion

For my first Pump product in years I really enjoyed my run of Big Noise. I thought the flavor was fun and unique at first, and it never got to the point of being terrible. Was fairly enjoyable to drink, but I can see the taste being one of those that you either love or hate. You can snag this up on sale a lot of times or find good deals on this if you look around, and this is an effective product. So if you wanna look swole in the gym, I recommend you take Big Noise.
  • Sour Gummy Bear: 8/10

Other Prices:
Muscle and Strength   $25.99
Ill Pump You Up   $29.95
A1Supplements   $39.99

Overall
Thanks to Redcon1 for sending it out!
  June 25, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Incresed PUMPS
  • Incresed Focus
  • Increased Hydration
  • Versitile
  • Mixes Poorly
  • Gritty
Big thanks once again to the peeps at Redcon1 for the hook up on their product line to the TROOPs. One of the newer trends on the supplement scene nowadays are non-stim, pump focused pre-workouts. A two edged sword these products can be stacked with a more traditional pre-workout product, or taken as a standalone. Here was my experience with Redcon1's Big Noise:

Dosage

1 scoop taken taken 30-45 minutes before workout. Primarily stacked with Redcon1's "Total War" pre-workout, but also used as a standalone on a few days as a basis of comparison.

Ingredient Profile (8.5/10)

The profile on Big Noise kicks off with 3 grams of Glycerol Monostearate for hydration support, I've personally had some good experiences with Glycerol in other products and I feel it does a great job of hydrating your body and saturating your muscles. 3 grams is also a pretty healthy dose for Glycerol. Next up in the profile is 2.5 grams of Betaine, a great ingredient that provides an array of benefits that range from increasing the body's natural creatine production to liver and joint support.

This product also features 1 gram of Agmatine for pump and blood flow support, and astragalus and huperzine for focus and nootropic effect. This product covers several key factors in pre-workout supplementation that one can benefit from taking on its own, or amplify whatever traditional pre-workout product they are using.

Mixture (5/10)

The mixture for this product was rather rough in my experience. As per my usual, I mixed this product with a little more water than what the directions call for. The directions recommend 8-10 ounces of water, and I used about 12-14. Even with the extra water this product had a gritty texture and there was a decent amount of undissolved powder awaiting me at the bottom of my cup each time I drank this. This product also tended to foam up a lot as well.

I typically added a little more water when I got the bottom of my initial fill up of using this product and swirled it around to drink up the fair amount of powder that was left over. So this definitely wasn't the smoothest ride as far as mixability was concerned, and the only thing I really would have to say is a negative about this product.

Taste (7/10)

I had the Watermelon flavor in this product. I'm typically not one to make a fuss about flavors of supplements (unless we're talking GrapeI'm still traumatized from terrible Grape flavored cough syrups as a kid). This product had a very light and hardly noticeable flavor to me, and was a little on the sweet side actually much like Total War was for me. To be fair, I did water it down considerably by using almost twice the amount the directions called for. I did not experience any bad aftertastes or otherwise lingering unpleasantness after drinking this. The only thing that was unenjoyable as mentioned before was the gritty texture of this product, but that played no role in the taste.

Effectiveness (8.5/10)

As I mentioned in my review of Total War, the stack of that product and this one Big Noise was the best pre-workout experience I have ever had. Everything you expect from pre-workout supplementation is there, most notably the pumps! If you're looking for an amazing 1-2 punch from a pre-workout, I definitely recommend these two products together!

With that being said, this product still performs pretty well on its own merits. I used this on its own for 5 days as a means of getting an overall perspective of this product. The pumps are still very decent thanks to the Agmatine, and the focus is definitely there as well with the two nootropic like ingredients. Obviously being a stim free product it's not going to give you a kick in the rear to hit the gym, but it will keep you fueled and hydrated thanks to the Betaine and Glycerol. This would be a good product to implement if you are on a break from stims, but still want a little boost for your workouts.

Value (7.5/10)

The best price I could find on this was on elitenutrition.com for $33.99 for a 30 serving tub. That comes out to $1.13 per serving, which is about fair to moderate as far as pre-workout values go. I feel it's absolutely worth the price if you are planning to stack it with Redcon's Total War, so I give it a little bump in value for that. On its own it still holds a decent value as a non stim option for a pre-workout.

---Conclusion and Verdict----
Big Noise is a solid non stim option as a pre-workout, and a rock star when stacked with it's counterpart from Redcon Total War. It would make a great addition to most pre-workout products as it offers it's own unique benefits alone. This is a solid product that gets the thumbs up and the Shinndigg Seal of Approval!
  • Watermelon: 7/10

Other Prices:
Muscle and Strength   $25.99
Ill Pump You Up   $29.95
A1Supplements   $39.99

May 10, 2017

• Incresed PUMPS

I found out about SR through the Stack3d Pro. I wanted to write this review to help people choose the right pre workout for them -something a lot of people have trouble with. My personal goals are to increase lean body mass, while maximizing athletic performance. I will be reviewing a few more products in the near future including but not limited to protein powders, pre workouts, BCAA's/EAA's.

Ingredient profile is pretty solid. Big noise includes a mixture of nootropics and "pump" ingredients, at the right doses, that have been shown to be effective in increasing performance and focus. Glycerol is an ingredient that "draws" water into the muscle and makes them look and feel fuller. On that note, if you're trying to cut down, you might want to avoid this ingredient due to its water retention properties. BetaPower is a patent form of betaine which has been shown to have multiple benefits in trained athletes. Studies have shown a 30% increase in squat repetitions in 7 days, and 60% in 14 days. BetaPower also claims to be "an effective osmolyte, protecting cells and cellular proteins against the effects of dehydration and other stressors." Astragalus is an adaptogen commonly used in Chinese medicine with multiple health benefits such as anti-inflammatory action, cardiovascular support, endocrine support, etc. In sports, astragalus is used to combat fatigue and keep you going longer and harder. Alpha-glycerophosphocholine or Alpha-GPC is a popular nootropic used to enhance cognitive properties in athletes. It has also been used (in much higher doses) in studies to treat Alzheimer's disease. Studies have shown a 14% increase in power output with 300-600mg supplementation of Alpha-GPC. CDP Choline is another nootropic used in Big Noise which has been shown to promote attention, memory, and support cognitive decline. Rhodiola Rosea is an adaptogen commonly used in Chinese medicine. It has been shown to reduce fatigue, reduce inflammation, increase cognition, reduce muscle damage, and improve mood. Huperzine has been shown to decrease the enzyme acetylcholinesterase, which breaks down acetylcholine, thus leading to increased acetylcholine levels in the brain. Acetylcholine is the neurotransmitter responsible for memory, cognition, focus, and problem-solving. Agmatine comes from the breakdown of the amino acid L-arginine. It is regulates nitric oxide which is responsible for vasodilation. It has also been shown in studies to decrease neuropathic pain. Personally I prefer L-citrulline instead of agmatine.

Taste is pretty spot on with every flavor. Blue lemonade and watermelon are my personal favorites.
    Mixability is pretty average, I would recommend using room temperature water.
    Dosing: effective dosage of glycerol has been shown to be around 2-5g. Big noise has it at 3g.
    Studies on BetaPower were done at 2.5g which is what Big noise contains.
    Astragalus dosing runs at 500mg-2g. 1g in Big noise seems to do the job
    Agmatine is usually dosed at 500mg-2g. 1g in Big noise
    Clinical doses for Alpha-GCP is at 300-600mg. Big noise has 300mg
    Clinical doses for CDP Choline is 250mg to 1.5-2g. 250mg in Big noise
    Rhodiola Rosea studies have shown a dose 200mg-600mg to be effective. Big noise contains 200mg
    Studies on Huperzine A have shown a dose of 50-200mcg to be effective. Big noise contains 200mcg

2 months later, this pre workout hasn't disappointed me. It delivers the same results every single time. I usually drink it 15-20 minutes before my workout, and by the time I walk into the gym, I'm ready to go. Focus is sharp throughout my entire workout, it allows me to really be able to get that mind-to-muscle connection, and contract the muscle. Pump is great, I respond great to the ingredients so half-way through vascularity is on point. Energy is pretty good, of course this also depends on the mood of the day, there are days where you have great workouts and other days not so much. But more than often this pre workout keeps me going throughout my entire workout, I don't feel fatigued. My workouts are usually about 1.5 hours long and I can feel the effects the entire time. Tip: stack with Total War, you will not be disappointed.

About average. I've stuck to it because it took me a while to find a stim-free pre workout that I liked, so it is totally worth it in my opinion.

Side Effects

None for me.

Conclusion

If you're looking for a pump/stim-free product, Big Noise might be the one for you. I've been taking it for a few months now and it has never disappointed.
    • Blue lemonade: 9/10
    • Strawberry kiwi: 9/10
    • Watermelon: 10/10

Overall
    Thanks to Redcon1 for sending it out!
      March 23, 2017

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Incresed PUMPS
    • Incresed Focus
    • -pitbull Mentally
      Introduction + Supplement facts
      Huge thank you to RedCon1 for their support of the SR Troops and the program. I've tried some of the other products that recon1 makes and so far the results have been really good. I really like pump products so when big noise was put up on SR I wanted to give it a try. Big noise is a pump product that claims to give you killer pumps at the gym. Let's see what kind of N.O. product this is.
      One of the great things that I really like about redcon1 is the fact that they do not use prop blends with any of their products. It' really nice to see the exact amount with regards of the ingredients that are listed. If you going to spend money on supplements at least know what and how much you are taking.
      The first ingredient that is in big noise will be Glycerol Monostearate at 3g which helps with increase absorption in the blood and tissues. Having glycerol in supplemental form will improve hydration and the absorption of other supplements that are taken with it. The end result is quicker delivery of nutrients when and where you need them and a prolonged "pump effect" during your workouts. Next you BetaPower - Betaine Anhydrous at 2.5g this stuff is really good it helps with increase strength pretty much means lift more weight. I've had pre-workouts with this in it and it has really help. Next you have Astragalus Membranaceus at 1g which helps with kidney function. Then you have Agmatine Sulfate at 1g this is another pump ingredient that's pretty standard in a lot of pre-workouts and pump products. L-Alpha Glycerylphosphorylcholine or Alpha-GPC why don't they just put that on the label. With big noise you get 300mg which is a really nice amount. I really like alpha-gpc I've had other products with alpha-gpc in it and the focus was really good. CPD Choline 250mg which is a nootroipc compound. Rhodiola Rosea Root Extract at 200mg which help with fatigue which really made a difference during my workouts. Finally you have Huperzine A at 200mcg which help me stay in the zone during my lifts.
      Taste + Mixability + Dosing.
      The flavor that I received was blueberry lemonade which was pretty tasty. Didn't have any issues with the mixability. Take 1 scoop 30mins before your workout with 8-10oz of water. I usually did more to make it taste better.

Effectiveness 8.8/10
      Redcon1 once again delivered on another high product big noise not only brought the noise but the pumps and focus. The N.O. experience from this was really good I would get tricep pumps during my workout which has never happen before. This would usually kick in after my first set because I don't count those they are just warmups. During my first set the pump effect would start to kick in during my lift. And the pumps didn't stop with my triceps all of my lifts I experience the same results. He was pretty amazing that's for sure I really liked the pump effects. Another aspect that I really liked about big noise was the nootropic side with this product. You get 2-in-1 with big noise first you get the pumps followed up with the nooropic side which was amazing. The alpha-gpc really made a difference with pushing me during my workouts. It also help get my a** in gear when I wasn't feeling it or if I was just straight tired. Every product that I have tried that contains alpha-gpc has always delivered for me. I have yet to have a bad experience with it. Plus redcon1 also added some huperzine a to help keep that intense focus while also getting s**t done in the gym. Big noise is one of the few N.O. products that help me push more weight at a higher volume while also helping me get s**t done. Overall if you are looking for pumps, branch warren type focus along with a pit-bull mentally big noise will get you there.

Value 8.0/10
      Prices vary from 30.99 to 38.99. But the cheapest place that I found was at fastsupps.com for 30.99 at 30 servings. Which is a 1.03 per serving.

Side Effects

The pit-bull mentally

Conclusion

If you in the market for an overall 2-in-1 pump and nootropic product then big noise has your back. This is great product that covers everything you need to get the job done. This is a product that I will be buying again.
      • Blue lemonade: 10/10

March 23, 2017

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Incresed Focus
      • Incresed PUMPS
        What's up SR family! I would like to share my experience with Big Noise from Recon1. I would like to thank my job and my paycheck for the opportunity to purchase Big Nosie. I decided to start taking less stim when working out in the evening, so I found myself just using a half of serving of my pre-workout, which I was not getting that normal power and endurance. I was in search of a non-stim product to either take by itself or stack with my half serving; I found Big Nosie!

As with all Recon1 products, Big Nosie is fully disclosed; which we at SR really appreciate! Big Nosie comes with a number of goodies that helps your pumps at the gym make and stay focus with Big Noise:

Agmatine Sulfate - There is 1 grams, which is the ideal dose; this helps with pumps and recovery.

Glycerol Monostearate - There is 3 grams, which this is used helps to enhance the effects of other supplements and improving the absorption of the other ingredients in Big Noise or whatever pre-workout one decides to stack with.

Alpha-GPC - There is 300 mg, which is used as a Nootropic agent; not too many pump products on the market are using Nootropic in their products.

Huperzine-A - There is 200 mcg, which yet again, it is used as a Nootropic agent; it is designated as a "learning" Nootropic.

Taste - I bought the Strawberry Kiwi flavor, which was not bad and no overly sweet for me.

Mix - Big Noise mixes well, just a little foaming, which settles down within 30 sec after you shake the hell out of it!

Dosing - Take once scoop prior to hitting the gym

Did the gym here the "Big Nosie?" For me, yes it did! I used Big Nosie in 2 different ways, by itself and stacked with a pre-workout. When I took it by itself, the pumps were strong on my arms and shoulders; I did receive some energy from the 200 mg of Rhodiola Rosea Root that Big Noise comes with. In my opinion, Big Nosie as a standalone energy product, it did not get me through a heavy set; however, for cardio and a small body parts, perfect.

When I took Big Noise stacked with a pre-workout, wow that is when I felt the pump strong. Of course, I tried Big Nosie with different pre-workouts and depending on the brand I was using, the intensity of the pumps were different. The best pumps I received were when I stacked it with a sample of Recon1 Total War, Pre from Nutrobio, and any pre-workout that contains DMAA; I will not mention other brands that were not a good stack. The pumps when stacking with a pre-workout were off the chain, all of my bodies parts were pumps; even my calves were pumps and could not do a high incline on the treadmill. As for a poor man's Viagra "My apologies to our female SR members", all I have to say is BOOM!

In addition to the great pumps, the focus on Big Noise; due to the Nootropic agents, I noticed that I was more focused and less distracted by the hot babe doing Roman Deadlifts in yoga pants Oh my!

Value - There are 30 servings in Big Noise, the lowest I found it for was about $31.00, which is not a bad deal. I was able to get a killer deal on A1-Supplements, buy one get one free, which I believe they are still running the promo.

Sides - None to speak of

Conclusion

At the end of the day, Big Noise worked great for me, as always, not everyone will have the same effect with any supplement currently in the market. In my opinion, Recon1 has become a player in the supplement world and if they continue to release great products like Big Noise, watch out other companies. If you want to take your pre-workout to another level or just want to walk around pumped for the day, then give Big Noise a try.