(Better than 85% in Pre-Workout > Pump)

BIG NOISE is a Pump Product manufactured by Redcon1. It is meant to increase blood flow, muscle pumps and increase vascularity. It can be stacked with a stimulant based pre-workout for an added stimulant effect. This promotes an environment for increased muscle mass and fat loss.

Pre-Workout > Pump

September 11, 2018

• Clinical Dosing
  • Muscle Volume
  • Pumps
  • Stackability
  • Widely Available

Big Noise can be used as a standalone stimulant free pre workout, but where it really shines is when it is stacked with a stimulant based pre workouts so it can help deliver some sizeable pumps and vascularity increases.

Whats up SR, finally getting around to dropping my review of Big Noise by Redcon1, I have always been a fan of Redcon1 so when I had the opportunity to take their pump product I simply could not pass this up. I train hypertrophy style workouts early in the morning and I love to try new things when it comes to my pre workout regimen. Thanks and also apologies for the delay in my review to both Redcon1 and the Trooper program.

Okay so what does this actually have in it? Lets take a look at the key pieces:

Glycerol Monosterate - 3g
    Betaine Anhydrous - 2.5g
    Astragalus Membranaceus Root - 1g
    Agmatine Sulfate - 1g
    L-AlphaGPC - 300mg
    CDP Choline - 250mg
    Rhodiola - 200mg
    Huperzine A - 200mcg

Alright so right away I was interested in this because of the use of the Glycerol Monosterate, most pump products tend to focus on the Citrulline and Agmatine side of pumps (nothing wrong with that), but Glycerol is my personal favorite pump ingredient because it is more of a muscle volumizer. It draws water into the muscle and can thus dramatically increase pumps and muscle volume. 3g is a very healthy dose of Glycerol and I was very excited they took this route. We can also see that they did throw some mental focus pieces in as well, this is a great move on several levels because not only can this help Big Noise be a stand alone pre workout, if you are stacking it with a stim based pre, the extra mental focus boost never hurts.

I received the Blueberry lemonade and was a fan of it, not too sweet, not too sour. Very easy drinking, obviously though it does depend what stim pre you are stacking it with, luckily if you take Redcon1's Total War pre workout there are several flavors that can match up well together. No issues with mixing what so ever for me. Dosing was one scoop pre workout either by itself or with a stimulant based pre workout.

Now for the most important part, does this actually do anything? Yes it certainly does.

As a standalone supplement I found Big Noise delivered on the pumps very solidly. They did come on a little slow for some reason, maybe it was because I took it too close to my workout. Once the pumps did hit it was game on, I was noticing increases in muscle volume in particular, feeling like my arms were going to explode by the time I was on my second super set of my arm workout. The pumps were almost too much on a leg day, as I was struggling to get certain range of motions down due to the pump I had in my legs. The focus boost was slight, just enough to feel a bit more locked in, but not enough to really market this as a complete stim free pre in my books.

Now stacked with a stimulant based pre workout that is something special. I loved using this with a variety of different pre workouts, I found it took this to a different level. The combination of the stims and the pumps were enough to get me through some great sessions, the stims allow me to get energized and then seeing and feeling the pumps makes you want to stay in the gym forever. This was easily one of my favorite pump supplements to stack I have used thus far in my lifting career.

This can be found for $26.95 on Illpumpyouup.com, which for 30 servings ($0.89 per serving). At this price point this is a fantastic addition to any stack. Because this is not a stand alone it would be tough to justify a higher price point, but I am very comfortable with the price anything sub $30. You also don't need to take this supplement every single workout, making it last longer.

Side Effects

None for me.

Conclusion

In conclusion Redcon1 delivered a fantastic addition to any pre workout stack, giving the user pumps that make you feel like you may have some sort of clot and a nice little boost in focus. With the reasonable price point and wide availability, this may just be my new fave pump supplement. Well done Redcon1.

Other Prices:
    A1Supplements   $39.99
    Muscle and Strength   $39.99
    Ill Pump You Up   $39.99

August 9, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Incresed Focus
    • Increased Hydration
    • Great Ingredient Profile
    • Clinical Dosing
    • Strong Flavor
    • Leftover Residue
    • Pricey As An Add-on

Big Noise has a great ingredient profile that boasts high quality supplements that are all geared towards improving vascularity and overall blood flow with fairly reputable clinical studies to back up its claims! It's made by a company that has an excellent track record at an honest price so if you're in the market to either add a little "umph" to your preworkout or are a total stim-sensitive gym rat then look no further!

RedCon1 has literally taken the supplement industry by storm over the past year with products slowly growing into just about every nook and cranny the supplement world has to offer in terms of categories so it's no surprise that they decided to create a pump/non-stim preworkout supplement like Big Noise. Since this product has literally been creating "big noise" as of late I had to give it a go and see if it lives up to some of the other high-quality products that RedCon1 has become quite known for. Let's see how Big Noise stacks up!

Glycerol Monosterate (3g): Also known by HydroMax in many products, though this is not technically HydroMax since it's likely a generic form of glycerol monosterate with a lower absorption percentage compared to HydroMax. Glycerol Monosterate is a supplement that I feel should be the backbone and foundation of any good "pump" product because it literally works to maximize water absorption into muscle cells to provide optimal hydration and skin busting pumps that fuel our motivation and drive within the gym. It's dosed fairly well too especially compared to other supplements that like 1MR Vortex that specifically highlight it as a main ingredient with a significantly lower dosage! Props to RedCon1 for keeping dosing high.
    Astragalus Membranaceus Root (1g): A somewhat new ingredient that has been seen popping into just about anything and it's because Astragalus or AstraGin for most, helps to enhance the effects of most workout supplements to provide a much more potent and effective overall product.
    Agmatine Sulfate (1g): Becoming one of the most common "pump" ingredients next to citrulline malate, Agmatine is one of the few products that actually has some significant clinical research studies to confirm it's effectiveness at providing vasodilation and improved bloodflow to the musculoskeletal system during a workout and Big Noise also contains the clinical dosage of 1g!
    Huperzine A (200mcg): Huperzine is currently used in medicine as a supplement to help treat Alzheimer's Disease due to it's cognitive enhancing capabilities, which would likely categorize it as a nootropic. The combination of nootropics in pump/pre-workout supplements goes kind of hand-in-hand though since it really enhancing a stim-like focus without actually providing any real stimulants to your supplement stack!

I had the pleasure of testing out the Sour Gummy Bear flavor for Big Noise and I must say that it also includes "big flavor". They hit the flavor profile very well if a sour gummy bear is to your liking but you may want to add additional water to your shaker in excess of the recommended 4-6oz to diffuse out the taste since it may actually be a bit too sour for a majority of people's liking. It mixes fairly well but due to the inclusion of glycerol monosterate it seems that it frequently leaves some residue that requires additional flushing to finish off. It's dosed with a regular sized pre-workout scooper and is easily setup for anyone with a regular sized water bottle.

For the first week I used Big Noise I used it solely by itself to test its effectiveness as a sole pre-workout product and I must say that for a non-stimulant product it does very well. It provided great pumps and even gave me some focus that I swear would be from a caffeine source but is likely from the Huperzine A. I never had to the dose the product with more than 1 scoop to get optimal pump during my workouts and I was very satisfied with its overall effectiveness as a stand-alone product. Now.... as a booster product to enhance a pre-workout.. it's on a whole other level to be honest. Everything is pretty much magnified if used with a decent pre-workout product to the point that you really wonder if your wasting a lot of product since you're likely maxed out on "pump" if that's even possible haha. I personally enjoyed using it as a booster to my pre-workout but would likely not pay for it at full price to be used as such since it's around the same price as a pre-workout to begin with and any preworkout beyond $1.25 per scoop is usually a little too rich for my blood. Though I must say that it is very effective when taken as an add-on.

I was able to find a tub of Big Noise on Amazon for about $28 which would calculate to just south of $1 for each serving. As a stand-alone product this is a great price but if you plan on using it as an add-on then it's a bit pricey. Either way you are definitely getting what you pay for from the product's ingredient profile.

Side Effects

I personally experienced no significant side effects from using Big Noise.

Conclusion

All in all, Big Noise is an awesome choice for anyone looking for a non-stim preworkout product. It has an excellent ingredient profile that utilizes clinical dosing down the line and is fairly affordable for the average consumer! Though if you plan on using it as an add-on, you'll like be looking at around $60 for a pre-workout/booster stack which is fairly pricey BUT is still extremely effective. If you have the extra money to blow and want to try something really premium for once then by all means give it a go and use Big Noise as an add-on supplement but to consistent pay for it is a big of a steep price for me personally and since I absolutely love stimulant heavy pre-workouts I don't think this stack is gonna be one in my future. Overall, great product from an awesome up and coming company! Cheers Fellas!
    • Sour Gummy Bear: 7/10

Other Prices:
    A1Supplements   $39.99
    Muscle and Strength   $39.99
    Ill Pump You Up   $39.99

August 3, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Incresed Focus
    • Incresed PUMPS
    • Mental Clarity
    • Increased Vascularity
    • Enhanced Mood
    • Gritty
    • Mixes Poorly

I bought Big Noise because I've really enjoyed all of Redcon1's products. This one fell just short of the mark for me personally. It does work and the price is ok, but I feel like there are better products out there in the same price range. The pump that I got from big noise was good, but when stacked with Total War the pumps were almost too much. I liked it as a stack on certain days but it was nothing out of the ordinary when dosed alone.

I started taking this because my favorite PWO right now has been Total War by Redcon1 and this supplements says that it can be stacked with total war for more intense pumps. It also says that it can be used as a standalone supplement. I am 6'4 198lbs ~15% with an active lifestyle. I found this product really amazing on upper body days, but I did not like it on lower body days because my legs would get too much peripheral edema at times making them feel really tight especially when stacked with total war. It defiantly helped feel and look more vascular during lifts, but I didn't really see much increase in performance.

Gylcerol Monostearate (3g): Used to hydrate the body, improve endurance, and increase muscular pumps during physical activity. Studies have shown that consuming 0.7 to 2g of glycerol increases plasma and intramuscular volume, which increases muscle size during physical activity.

Betaine Anhydrous (BetaPower) (2.5g): Effective and reliable for reducing homocysteine concentrations when taken daily at 3g or more. It has unreliable evidence for enhancing performance at this time.

Astragalus Membranaceus (1g): This is typically used for the common cold, upper respiratory infections, allergies, and to strengthen and regulate the immune system. Proper dosage is unknown at this time. My seasonal allergies were very good when taking this product, but it could be the placebo effect or just a coincidence.

Agmatine Sulfate (1g): A metabolite of L-Arginine. It makes your muscles feel really full and causes vein bulging pumps. The 1 gram in this product is my preferred dose. When stacked with total war the agamtine was almost too much for me (2g). When my legs get too pumped they get really stiff. For upper body days, this was not an issue for me.

L-Alpha Glycerylphosphorylcholine (300mg): A cholinergic compound that is used for its cognitive-promoting properties, and to enhance power output in athletes. 300 - 600mg is the recommended dose.

CDP Choline (250mg): A nootropic. 500mg - 2g is the recommended dose, but with all the other cognitive enhancer, a full dose is probably not needed. I think this is the ingredient responsible for enhancing my mood (i.e relieve stress).

Rhodiola rosea root extract (200mg): A traditional Chinese herb used to promote physical/cognitive vitality. Dosages as low as 50mg have been shown effective against fatigue, however the recommendation is 288-680mg.

Huperzine A (200mcg): Huperzine-A is a cognitive enhancer that inhibits an enzyme that degrades the learning neurotransmitter, acetylcholine; 50-200mcg is the recommended dose.

Taste: 8.5/10 The taste is similar to total war, but the flavor is a a little different (not as good) and it is a bit more chalky.

Mixability: 1/10 This is probably the worst mixing supplement I've ever tried. The powder actually repels water. This is surprising to me since all the other Redcon1 products I've tried mix flawlessly. I've heard the Gylcerol Monostearate ingredient is responsible for the powder being hydrophobic.

Dosing: 7.8/10 As per usual Redcon1 has clinically dosed this supplement for the most part. For this product I would have preferred it to have no agmatine if used as a stack since total war already has 1g of agmatine. If used as a stand alone I would like it to contain citruilline malate. This is my biggest problem with big noise is that its not really an ideal standalone PWO, nor an ideal stack. It seems to kinda be caught in limbo.

I will split this section up in 2 parts. 1) Big Noise alone 2) Big Noise Stacked with Total War. In both cases I took Big noise ~45 min before working out.

1) Big Noise standalone
    When taking big noise alone I felt a a good pump 8/10. I definitely felt my focus increase from the nootropics. It kind felt like caffeine, but a more relaxed kind of energy. I took it with a headache a few times and it worked really good to alleviate the headache, almost like caffeine (Excedrin) does for me. It also felt like my muscle fatigue was slightly delayed, but only to the point where I could maybe do 1 additional auxiliary lift. It didn't make me feel like superman. Mood was defiantly enhanced; I think mainly from the mental relaxation of the nootropics. It doesn't put you in the mood to lift necessarily, but it does help relieve the feeling of anxiety to some extent. The pump was similar to any other decent pump PWO. I definitely felt more vascular and felt like blood was flowing when taking this. This product is by no means a pick-me-up or replacement for sleep as it will not provide that kind of energy.

2) Big Noise/ Total War stack
    Just for the record, I love total war as a pwo. I decided to try big noise to see if total war could be made even better. I found the pump to be more intense than with total war alone. Sometimes the pump was too much, especially on leg day. I prefer to be around 1g to 1.5g max of agmatine and the stack contains 2g so you really get a big pump that some may say is uncomfortable. I did 3 sets of heavy farmer's carries and my arms almost felt like they were going to burst (not literally). This stack defiantly gave me the biggest pump that I've ever had, but sometimes it was too much. I did not notice a difference in energy levels or focus as compared to total war alone. I think the stims in total war kind of suppressed the effects of the nootropics in Big Noise; there didn't seem to be any synergistic effect. I did notice a minor improvement in delaying muscle fatigue, but nothing significant compared to total war alone.

I bought my tub of 30 servings for $27, but the price usually ranges from $29.99-$39.99. For about a dollar a serving, it's not a bad deal, but if you are looking for a standalone pre-workout, I would recommend something else. If you are really looking for that vein bursting pump, this is a really good option if you stack it with Total War. I can't imagine anyone being truly disappointed with the stack.

Side Effects

May cause uncomfortable peripheral edema from high dose of agmatine in total war/big noise stack. No side effects when taken alone.

Conclusion

I will probably not buy this product again because I feel like the pump taking Big Noise alone was too little, and the Pump taking it with Total War was too much. I would recommend that if you are going to stack with total war, use a full scoop of total war and start out with an 1/2 scoop of Big Noise and work up to a full scoop to prevent uncomfortable peripheral edema. It is priced right, but I could defiantly live without taking this product. I will say that taking this and Total war before a show could be very beneficial for aesthetic purposes because I always felt huge after my workouts while on this stuff. My girlfriend even would notice that I was bigger/fuller on days that I took this product with total war. In summary, if you want a huge pump, pair this with Total war, just dont pay full price. I wouldn't spend more that $30 on a tub.

July 23, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Incresed Focus
    • Incresed PUMPS
    • Mental Clarity
    • Slight Residue On Bottom
    • Bad Flavor

I have heard a lot of good things about the Redcon 1 brand, and for good reasons. However Big Noise was a big disappointment in mine books. For the price, it does a decent job of supplying a pump but it is not the best at supplying a pump. For a starting point for a non-stimulant pre-workout or a pump supplement, this would be great if you are looking to not spend a lot of money. If it was me, there are better options out there with better taste and close to as good of a value if not better for what you get.

First I want to put two things out there, thanks a lot to the SR TROOP program and Redcon 1 for sending me this product. Secondly, I always like to add that I am not at all a nutritionist or have any degree of sorts to back up scientifically what I say in this review. I only go off my experience gathered from lifting and what I can read from scholarly articles to bodybuilding articles. Prior to receiving this product I read up on the Redcon 1 brand and went out and did some purchases for myself. I read a lot of positive things about the brand and saw a lot of positive feedback on their products. I myself tried out the MRE bars which I enjoyed and went and bought the Total war pre-workout which I will be reviewing soon. So even though Big Noise was not all I hoped it to be, I still find the Redcon 1 brand to be a good brand with some solid products. Alright so to get started, Big Noise was not a full bust. It for sure increases the pump you get and makes a difference in your workout, however it is not the best option that I have used therefore when it did not perform as well as those or better I felt slightly disappointed with the product. So first I used this product on its own, on its own, it was a good non-stimulant pre-workout. It would get your blood flowing, increase some focus, and get you into a working out mood. I then stacked it with the Redcon 1 Total War pre-workout, here is where I became the most disappointed. I had heard and read that this was the best way to use the Big Noise, however, it seemed as if the effects of Total War by itself or just the effect of Big Noise by itself was better than putting them together. This may have been because Total War on its own provided a pretty solid pump so the addition of Big Noise really did not have a big effect. After being disappointed by this I decided I would try pairing it with a pre-workout that had a weaker pump. Mixing Big noise and Amped One I saw a bigger difference here, with pre's that supply less of a pump, add in Big Noise and you get an all around good hitting pre-workout. So this was the best use I found for it, but still not the largest sleeve splitting pump I have received.

The Ingredient profile looks solid on paper. The first ingredient is 3 grams Glycerol Monostearate, this is something that naturally occurs in the body. When used as a supplement it increases the water content in the blood and tissues which induces a pump. Next is 2.5 grams of BetaPower- Betaine Anyhydrous, this is a common pre-workout staple. In research Betaine, Anhydrous has been shown to increase power, increase stamina when working out, increase energy, may help to decrease soreness, and promotes cellular hydration along with some other possible benefits. Next ingredient is 1 gram Astragalus Membranaceus (Root), this was a new ingredient for me. After a little research, I concluded that it is mostly used to increase blood flow and can reduce inflammation but quality research on it is spotty. Next is another fairly common ingredient, 1 gram Agmatine Sulfate. Agmatine Sulfate is used to increase pumps by activating the nitric oxide synthase process, increase energy and focus, promote muscle building, and leanness. Then there are 300 milligrams of L-Alpha Glycerylphosphorylcholine, which worried me at first because I cannot pronounce it. But it is used to increase cognitive functions, may decrease inflammation, and has a lot of positive effects it has on your body. After that there are 250 milligrams of CDP Choline, this is a lot like the previous ingredient, which both are apart of the nootropic group which is aimed at causing mental focus and clarity. Then there are 200 milligrams of Rhodiola rosea root extract, this is another supplement that helps improve brain clarity and mood, along with that it can reduce inflammation and increase fat loss. Lastly is 200 mcg of Huperzine A (Toothed Clubmoss), this appears to be a low dosed ingredient, but, it is dosed correctly, and is also a nootropic that improves cognitive function. So all in all this ingredient profile has a lot of nootropic ingredients, however, in my opinion, lacks a lot of ingredients to create the pump and boost your workout performance.

Taste- This tasted terrible on its own, I received the sour gummy bear, and it tasted nothing like it. I normally like sour things and have had some not so great tasting pre-workouts however this was really bad. Now mixed with Pineapple juice Total War it was not too bad to chug down. However, I found the best way to consume it was by dry scooping it, this way you would taste it the least.
    Mixability- Also mixed not so great, it would leave a gritty residue on the bottom. Not sure what caused this but it was not that big of a deal when compared to how bad the taste was.
    Dosing- The ingredients are all dosed at good amounts in regards to there effective dosing levels, however, the pump results are not adequate but I believe that is an ingredient issue and not a dosing issue.

As I stated before, the effectiveness was lacking, especially as a pump supplement. As a nootropic it was pretty effective, I would feel much more awake and alert after taking this. but attempting to pair the nootropics and the athletic increase is not something I enjoy. But in the absence of caffeine, the nootropic blend is helpful at getting you to the gym and getting you to work hard. There are better options in my book as far as pumps go and pump supplements that increase your athletic performance.

The Value is pretty good, you can find 30 servings of it for around $25.99. This is a solid value per serving, and as a starting point with a pre-workout or a supplement for pumps I could for sure rationalize getting this or suggesting it to someone.

Side Effects

No negative side effects to report, besides a nasty aftertaste but that goes away after a little water.

Conclusion

Redcon 1 is a solid brand, however, I believe the combination of nootropics and a pump pre-workout is something that they have not gotten right here with Big Noise. The pump aspect, which is the part I was looking for when I received this was lacking. Also, the taste was very undesirable, maybe it was just the flavor I tried but it made me not look forward to taking it unless I was dry scooping it. All in all this product receives a meh from me, it is not great, it is not terrible but I am not sure I would get it for myself again.
    • Sour Gummy Bear: 2/10

July 12, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Incresed Focus
    • Incresed PUMPS
    • Mixes Poorly

This is a pump product to help give you more pumps during your workouts and help you look more vascular. This is loaded with a lot of ingredients in it and some rather high quality ingredients.

First off I want to thank Redcon1 for letting us troopers have the chance to give this product a try. I always like to throw in a pump product when I can. No pump products are not super important to have and use but are nice when you can use them. Getting that nice pump is always a great feeling to have while you workout. Also what I like is how they help to make you look more vascular.

In this they use a lot of ingredients you don't usually see used in a pump product. I feel they wanted to be a little different and branch out a bit and try to be more effective. It does have a lot of good things in this. Here is a list of ingredients they use what they are suppose to do.

Gylcerol Monostearate (3g): I could not find too much on this, but it is a diuretic and can lower blood pressure, regulate body temperature, induce vasodilation and reduce fatigue in endurance athletes. It can be a cell-dovlumizer if you do not stay hydrated while taking this. Mind you this information is from the forums at BB.com so take it with a grain of salt. Personally, I don't know much about this ingredient so I don't have much of an opinion on this one way or another.

Betaine Anhydrous (BetaPower) (2.5g): When looking at the human evidence at this moment in time, it appears that betaine is effective and reliable for reducing homocysteine concentrations when taken daily at 3g or more. A single dose of betaine reduces homocysteine levels, which remain suppressed as long as supplementation is continues. Betaine has been found to reduce homocysteine by 10% in persons with normal levels or by 20-40% in persons with elevated homocysteine levels. It has unreliable evidence for enhancing performance at this time. If taken twice daily at 1.25g a shot, it has been linked to increased power output and minor increases in workout volume and endurance. Here we have 2.5g taken in one sitting, so likely this is not doing much. (EXAMINE)

Astragalus Membranaceus (1g): This is typically used for the common cold, upper respiratory infections, allergies, and to strengthen and regulate the immune system. There is insufficient evidence at this time to say it increases atheletic performance at all. Proper dosage is unknown at this time as it relies on way too many factors. (WEBMD)

Agmatine Sulfate (1g): Agmatine is a metabolite of L-Arginine. It shows promise for alleviating neuropathic pain and drug addiction. Agmatine supplementation can also protect from strokes and benefit cognitive health. This does not go well with Arginine, Citrulline, Yohimbine, DAA, or Creatine (if creatine positively influences NMDA signalling). Exact dosage is unknown, but you do not want to exceed 2.6g as their is not enough research to prove toxicity levels higher than this, so we are safe here with 1g. (EXAMINE)

L-Alpha Glycerylphosphorylcholine (300mg): Alpha GPC is a cholinergic compound that is used for its cognitive-promoting properties, and to enhance power output in athletes. It appears to also support cellular membranes, and may aid in preventing cognitive decline. 300 - 600mg is the standard dose here, so we have the low end dose here, but good enough. (EXAMINE)

CDP Choline (250mg): CDP-choline (citicholine) is a nootropic compound that converts to both choline and cytidine upon ingestion, the latter of which converts into uridine in the body. It appears to confer cognitive-promoting properties as a prodrug for these two compounds. 500mg - 2g is the standard dose here, so we are a bit under dosed. (EXAMINE)

Rhodiola rosea root extract (200mg): Rhodiola rosea is a traditional chinese medicine and Scandinavian herb touted to promote physical/cognitive vitality. It appears to be proven for reducing fatigue and exhaustion in prolonged stressful situations. Rhodiola is also neuroprotective and promotes longevity in preliminary evidence. Dosages as low as 50mg has been shown effective against fatigue, however standard recommendation is 288-680mg. I am okay with the 200mg we have here. (EXAMINE)

Huperzine A (200mcg): Huperzine-A is a cognitive enhancer that inhibits an enzyme that degrades the learning neurotransmitter, acetylcholine; due to this, a relative increase occurs. It belongs to the cholinergics class of molecules, and may be useful in fighting cognitive decline in the elderly. May need to be cycled. Personally, I really like this stuff, and was first introduced to this ingredient with Pre-Jym and have been a fan ever since. 50-200mcg is the standard dosage here, so we have a nice dose here.

I had the Blue Lemonade. I thought it was pretty good and really enjoyed this a lot. It's not to sweet or strong. Has just the right mix of blue and lemonade.

Mixing was not the greatest. When mixed there was a lot of little pieces that you could see floating and on the sides of your shaker cup. I believe this was caused from the glycerol they use in here. I had used other products with that in it and did the same thing. Just need to add a little more water to it and swish it around and that will take care of it. I would do just one scoop with my pre-workout.

With this product it is suppose to help you with better blood flood to give you better pumps, Help you look more vascular, and has some stuff in here to help you with better mental focus. From the reviews I was reading on here and a couple other places this looked like a really good product and was really excited to give it a try. When making this they branched out a bit and use a lot of ingredients you don't normally see in a pump product. I might be one of the few people but I did not notice a real lot from this product and was a bit disappointed. In some ways it worked really well and some areas not so much.

First off I stacked this with my pre-workout I was using which did have some pump ingredients in it. With the use of these different ingredients I did not see a real big difference to ware I noticed this was working any better than any other pumps products I have used. I think for me I respond a little better to your normal pump ingredients but need them to be dosed fairly well to work. For me pumps can be really hard to get or notice at times. A lot of the time when I was using this I did not notice a real lot in the way of pumps. For me I thought they were locking a bit. I did get some kind of pump but did not feel real great or would last very long. For me to usually feel pumps I have to be doing a lot of high volume training and take very little time between sets so I can keep that blood pumping more. They use glycerol which is suppose to be really good for pumps but I have used it before and did not notice much from it. I was a bit disappointed because I thought the pumps I would get were going to be pretty good. So the pump part of this I thought was a little weak.

The vascularity part I thought was a bit better. While on this I did notice a bit more veins starting to pop and in places I have not noticed them much before. I do feel this helped get more blood flow into my muscles and made them look a lot more full like. I was starting to notice that my muscles started to look more puffy like which was nice. Last part of this was the mental focus. It's always nice to have ingredients in a product to help you have better mental focus. I do think it helped some but nothing that gave me that laser like focus or tunnel vison to really help block out other distractions. I don't think overall this is suppose to really give you that kind of focus but does give you enough to help you get through your workout a little better. I know in some of the other reviews they talked about not having so much muscle fatigue. I do feel this helped me a lot at not having as much muscle fatigue. I like to take very little time between sets and when I do mostly high volume training I can start to notice a lot of muscle fatigue set in and feel this really helped to reduce a lot of that which was nice so I would be able to do all of my reps.

The cheapest I am finding this is on amazon.com For some reason the flavor I got the blue lemonade cost a little more. They want $29.99 and the other flavors they want $26.29 for 30 servings. It has on there if you subscribe you can save another 5% and that will bring the price down to $24.98. For a product like this I think this is a fairly decent price. I know on a lot of other sites they want almost $40 which I think is way to high for a pump product. I think pump product should be around the $25 range.

Side Effects

Nothing I noticed.

Conclusion

After seeing the great views on this and how good it was suppose to be I was pretty excited to try this. I must have been one of the few people but this was kind of hit or miss for me. In some areas this worked great but in other areas not so much. I guess maybe I don't respond as well to a lot of these different ingredient they used and respond better to more of your regular ingredients you normally see in a pump product. With there being a lot more reviews really praising this product I am not going to say it's a bad product just did not do a real lot for me. If a few things could have been better I would have liked this product a lot more so. For me I think I would rather stick with more of your normal ingredients you see in a pump product just because I feel they work a lot better for me. Pump product for me are not always that great and do a lot for me unless they are really dosed at the right amount. As you can probably guess I will pass on using this again. Please don't let my review stop you from trying it because if you respond well to these ingredients this will work really well for you. Again I want to give a big shout out to Redcon1 for making this product and letting me have the chance to give it a try.

December 4, 2017

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Incresed Focus
    • Incresed PUMPS
    • Versitile
    • Slight Residue On Bottom

38 years old and I lift 4 days a week currently. I decided to run a REDCON1 stack a little while back and typically do not take a pump enhancer, but decided to give Big Noise a shot. I had originally bought this to use as a non stim PWO, but after a week of that I decided to hold off on using this until I ran my REDCON1 stack. So this review will cover me running this for a week by itself and then in conjunction with Total War. Lets see if this product is worth making a big noise about.

I cannot say how extensive this ingredient profile is, since the last time I took any sort of pump enhance was years ago with NO Explode, and back then I really did not care what the ingredients were (my youth and dumb ignorance). Fully transparent profile as we have come to expect from REDCON1 and really appreciate in the community. This is becoming the new standard at least for me personally when it comes to trying out new companies. Lets break down the ingredients in here since it is not too extensive:

Its funny, when you break this down you really do not see any common NO ingredients and would not think it does much at all, but as we will discuss in the effectiveness section it really performs well. I guess I am used to seeing ingredients like Citrulline as a common pump, but its good to branch out and check out other ingredients every now and again. So not a bad profile overall.

Taste: I got the Sour Gummy Bear flavor and at first I absolutely loved it. It truly tasted like a sour gummy worm (not bear) to me, and I am a huge fan of gummy's. After a couple weeks though the taste loses its luster, but is still very easy to drink.

Mixability: It mixed and dissolved up really easily in my shaker with around 8-10oz of water. As with every REDCON1 powder product I have used it does leave a bit of residue on the bottom, for whatever reason this is a common theme across REDCON1's prodcuts. No big deal it washes out very easily.

Dosing: I took this by itself and mixed with Total War 30 minutes prior to my workout with 8-10oz of water. Pretty standard here.

I first got this a few months ago in hopes to take a break from stim PWO's and try this out as a non stim PWO. I used it for about 5 workouts by itself, so I will break this down based off dosing it solo and then dosing it with Total War. Solo, it gave me some good focus and I really enjoyed the pumps that I got from this by itself. Obviously this is not going to get you all amped up without the stims, but it was enough to get my mind right and focus on the task at hand (the workout). Plus any hypertrophy type workout that I would do with this my muscles would completely fill up, and it looked and felt great. I actually got a pump so bad that it actually hurt at first, which is one thing I am not used to experiencing since I do not normally take pump agents by themselves. Worked pretty awesome, so if you just want the pumps and do not need or want the stims you definitely want to consider this as a stand alone.

Once I combined this with Total War my workouts got amazing. Like others have said in the reviews below, it is pretty obvious that this was specifically designed to pair up with Total War. Total War by itself would give me a little pump as well, so combined my pumps were amazing and I would have that muscle fullness look well after my workout. My favorites were doing arms with this, especially triceps because they looked incredible. I can definitely see the appeal of taking a Pump product now.

The product claims to increase blood flow and pumps, increase blood oxygen, and increase mental focus. Obviously I saw the increased blood flow and oxygen. The mental focus was okay, I respond pretty well to Huperzine A, so it did give me slight tunnel vision and focus for my workouts. I have had higher doses of Huperzine A in the past and that worked better for me, but this by itself gives you enough focus to the point where you are surprised your workout is over instead of wondering when it will be done. So no wazoo claims here.

I picked this up from REDCON1's site for $39.99 for 30 servings. That comes out to $1.33 per serving which is a bit steep. However you can buy this from Amazon for $25.99 which comes out to 87 cents a serving which is a pretty great value in my opinion. Also I would like to mention that REDCON1 does give 25% for all Military and First Responders, so I did get a discount as well. So not a bad value since you can find this for a pretty decent deal.

Side Effects

I did have to use the bathroom when taking this prior to my workouts about 90% of the time. That is likely due to the Gylcogen I am thinking now, but not a big deal, just something to take note of.

Conclusion

For my first Pump product in years I really enjoyed my run of Big Noise. I thought the flavor was fun and unique at first, and it never got to the point of being terrible. Was fairly enjoyable to drink, but I can see the taste being one of those that you either love or hate. You can snag this up on sale a lot of times or find good deals on this if you look around, and this is an effective product. So if you wanna look swole in the gym, I recommend you take Big Noise.
    • Sour Gummy Bear: 8/10

June 25, 2017

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Incresed PUMPS
    • Incresed Focus
    • Increased Hydration
    • Versitile
    • Mixes Poorly
    • Gritty
    Big thanks once again to the peeps at Redcon1 for the hook up on their product line to the TROOPs. One of the newer trends on the supplement scene nowadays are non-stim, pump focused pre-workouts. A two edged sword these products can be stacked with a more traditional pre-workout product, or taken as a standalone. Here was my experience with Redcon1's Big Noise:

Dosage

1 scoop taken taken 30-45 minutes before workout. Primarily stacked with Redcon1's "Total War" pre-workout, but also used as a standalone on a few days as a basis of comparison.

Ingredient Profile (8.5/10)

The profile on Big Noise kicks off with 3 grams of Glycerol Monostearate for hydration support, I've personally had some good experiences with Glycerol in other products and I feel it does a great job of hydrating your body and saturating your muscles. 3 grams is also a pretty healthy dose for Glycerol. Next up in the profile is 2.5 grams of Betaine, a great ingredient that provides an array of benefits that range from increasing the body's natural creatine production to liver and joint support.

This product also features 1 gram of Agmatine for pump and blood flow support, and astragalus and huperzine for focus and nootropic effect. This product covers several key factors in pre-workout supplementation that one can benefit from taking on its own, or amplify whatever traditional pre-workout product they are using.

Mixture (5/10)

The mixture for this product was rather rough in my experience. As per my usual, I mixed this product with a little more water than what the directions call for. The directions recommend 8-10 ounces of water, and I used about 12-14. Even with the extra water this product had a gritty texture and there was a decent amount of undissolved powder awaiting me at the bottom of my cup each time I drank this. This product also tended to foam up a lot as well.

I typically added a little more water when I got the bottom of my initial fill up of using this product and swirled it around to drink up the fair amount of powder that was left over. So this definitely wasn't the smoothest ride as far as mixability was concerned, and the only thing I really would have to say is a negative about this product.

Taste (7/10)

I had the Watermelon flavor in this product. I'm typically not one to make a fuss about flavors of supplements (unless we're talking GrapeI'm still traumatized from terrible Grape flavored cough syrups as a kid). This product had a very light and hardly noticeable flavor to me, and was a little on the sweet side actually much like Total War was for me. To be fair, I did water it down considerably by using almost twice the amount the directions called for. I did not experience any bad aftertastes or otherwise lingering unpleasantness after drinking this. The only thing that was unenjoyable as mentioned before was the gritty texture of this product, but that played no role in the taste.

Effectiveness (8.5/10)

As I mentioned in my review of Total War, the stack of that product and this one Big Noise was the best pre-workout experience I have ever had. Everything you expect from pre-workout supplementation is there, most notably the pumps! If you're looking for an amazing 1-2 punch from a pre-workout, I definitely recommend these two products together!

With that being said, this product still performs pretty well on its own merits. I used this on its own for 5 days as a means of getting an overall perspective of this product. The pumps are still very decent thanks to the Agmatine, and the focus is definitely there as well with the two nootropic like ingredients. Obviously being a stim free product it's not going to give you a kick in the rear to hit the gym, but it will keep you fueled and hydrated thanks to the Betaine and Glycerol. This would be a good product to implement if you are on a break from stims, but still want a little boost for your workouts.

Value (7.5/10)

The best price I could find on this was on elitenutrition.com for $33.99 for a 30 serving tub. That comes out to $1.13 per serving, which is about fair to moderate as far as pre-workout values go. I feel it's absolutely worth the price if you are planning to stack it with Redcon's Total War, so I give it a little bump in value for that. On its own it still holds a decent value as a non stim option for a pre-workout.

---Conclusion and Verdict----
    Big Noise is a solid non stim option as a pre-workout, and a rock star when stacked with it's counterpart from Redcon Total War. It would make a great addition to most pre-workout products as it offers it's own unique benefits alone. This is a solid product that gets the thumbs up and the Shinndigg Seal of Approval!
    • Watermelon: 7/10

May 10, 2017

• Incresed PUMPS

I found out about SR through the Stack3d Pro. I wanted to write this review to help people choose the right pre workout for them -something a lot of people have trouble with. My personal goals are to increase lean body mass, while maximizing athletic performance. I will be reviewing a few more products in the near future including but not limited to protein powders, pre workouts, BCAA's/EAA's.

Ingredient profile is pretty solid. Big noise includes a mixture of nootropics and "pump" ingredients, at the right doses, that have been shown to be effective in increasing performance and focus. Glycerol is an ingredient that "draws" water into the muscle and makes them look and feel fuller. On that note, if you're trying to cut down, you might want to avoid this ingredient due to its water retention properties. BetaPower is a patent form of betaine which has been shown to have multiple benefits in trained athletes. Studies have shown a 30% increase in squat repetitions in 7 days, and 60% in 14 days. BetaPower also claims to be "an effective osmolyte, protecting cells and cellular proteins against the effects of dehydration and other stressors." Astragalus is an adaptogen commonly used in Chinese medicine with multiple health benefits such as anti-inflammatory action, cardiovascular support, endocrine support, etc. In sports, astragalus is used to combat fatigue and keep you going longer and harder. Alpha-glycerophosphocholine or Alpha-GPC is a popular nootropic used to enhance cognitive properties in athletes. It has also been used (in much higher doses) in studies to treat Alzheimer's disease. Studies have shown a 14% increase in power output with 300-600mg supplementation of Alpha-GPC. CDP Choline is another nootropic used in Big Noise which has been shown to promote attention, memory, and support cognitive decline. Rhodiola Rosea is an adaptogen commonly used in Chinese medicine. It has been shown to reduce fatigue, reduce inflammation, increase cognition, reduce muscle damage, and improve mood. Huperzine has been shown to decrease the enzyme acetylcholinesterase, which breaks down acetylcholine, thus leading to increased acetylcholine levels in the brain. Acetylcholine is the neurotransmitter responsible for memory, cognition, focus, and problem-solving. Agmatine comes from the breakdown of the amino acid L-arginine. It is regulates nitric oxide which is responsible for vasodilation. It has also been shown in studies to decrease neuropathic pain. Personally I prefer L-citrulline instead of agmatine.

Taste is pretty spot on with every flavor. Blue lemonade and watermelon are my personal favorites.
      Mixability is pretty average, I would recommend using room temperature water.
      Dosing: effective dosage of glycerol has been shown to be around 2-5g. Big noise has it at 3g.
      Studies on BetaPower were done at 2.5g which is what Big noise contains.
      Astragalus dosing runs at 500mg-2g. 1g in Big noise seems to do the job
      Agmatine is usually dosed at 500mg-2g. 1g in Big noise
      Clinical doses for Alpha-GCP is at 300-600mg. Big noise has 300mg
      Clinical doses for CDP Choline is 250mg to 1.5-2g. 250mg in Big noise
      Rhodiola Rosea studies have shown a dose 200mg-600mg to be effective. Big noise contains 200mg
      Studies on Huperzine A have shown a dose of 50-200mcg to be effective. Big noise contains 200mcg

2 months later, this pre workout hasn't disappointed me. It delivers the same results every single time. I usually drink it 15-20 minutes before my workout, and by the time I walk into the gym, I'm ready to go. Focus is sharp throughout my entire workout, it allows me to really be able to get that mind-to-muscle connection, and contract the muscle. Pump is great, I respond great to the ingredients so half-way through vascularity is on point. Energy is pretty good, of course this also depends on the mood of the day, there are days where you have great workouts and other days not so much. But more than often this pre workout keeps me going throughout my entire workout, I don't feel fatigued. My workouts are usually about 1.5 hours long and I can feel the effects the entire time. Tip: stack with Total War, you will not be disappointed.

About average. I've stuck to it because it took me a while to find a stim-free pre workout that I liked, so it is totally worth it in my opinion.

Side Effects

None for me.

Conclusion

If you're looking for a pump/stim-free product, Big Noise might be the one for you. I've been taking it for a few months now and it has never disappointed.
      • Blue lemonade: 9/10
      • Strawberry kiwi: 9/10
      • Watermelon: 10/10

March 23, 2017

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Incresed PUMPS
      • Incresed Focus
      • -pitbull Mentally
        Introduction + Supplement facts
        Huge thank you to RedCon1 for their support of the SR Troops and the program. I've tried some of the other products that recon1 makes and so far the results have been really good. I really like pump products so when big noise was put up on SR I wanted to give it a try. Big noise is a pump product that claims to give you killer pumps at the gym. Let's see what kind of N.O. product this is.
        One of the great things that I really like about redcon1 is the fact that they do not use prop blends with any of their products. It' really nice to see the exact amount with regards of the ingredients that are listed. If you going to spend money on supplements at least know what and how much you are taking.
        The first ingredient that is in big noise will be Glycerol Monostearate at 3g which helps with increase absorption in the blood and tissues. Having glycerol in supplemental form will improve hydration and the absorption of other supplements that are taken with it. The end result is quicker delivery of nutrients when and where you need them and a prolonged "pump effect" during your workouts. Next you BetaPower - Betaine Anhydrous at 2.5g this stuff is really good it helps with increase strength pretty much means lift more weight. I've had pre-workouts with this in it and it has really help. Next you have Astragalus Membranaceus at 1g which helps with kidney function. Then you have Agmatine Sulfate at 1g this is another pump ingredient that's pretty standard in a lot of pre-workouts and pump products. L-Alpha Glycerylphosphorylcholine or Alpha-GPC why don't they just put that on the label. With big noise you get 300mg which is a really nice amount. I really like alpha-gpc I've had other products with alpha-gpc in it and the focus was really good. CPD Choline 250mg which is a nootroipc compound. Rhodiola Rosea Root Extract at 200mg which help with fatigue which really made a difference during my workouts. Finally you have Huperzine A at 200mcg which help me stay in the zone during my lifts.
        Taste + Mixability + Dosing.
        The flavor that I received was blueberry lemonade which was pretty tasty. Didn't have any issues with the mixability. Take 1 scoop 30mins before your workout with 8-10oz of water. I usually did more to make it taste better.

Effectiveness 8.8/10
        Redcon1 once again delivered on another high product big noise not only brought the noise but the pumps and focus. The N.O. experience from this was really good I would get tricep pumps during my workout which has never happen before. This would usually kick in after my first set because I don't count those they are just warmups. During my first set the pump effect would start to kick in during my lift. And the pumps didn't stop with my triceps all of my lifts I experience the same results. He was pretty amazing that's for sure I really liked the pump effects. Another aspect that I really liked about big noise was the nootropic side with this product. You get 2-in-1 with big noise first you get the pumps followed up with the nooropic side which was amazing. The alpha-gpc really made a difference with pushing me during my workouts. It also help get my a** in gear when I wasn't feeling it or if I was just straight tired. Every product that I have tried that contains alpha-gpc has always delivered for me. I have yet to have a bad experience with it. Plus redcon1 also added some huperzine a to help keep that intense focus while also getting s**t done in the gym. Big noise is one of the few N.O. products that help me push more weight at a higher volume while also helping me get s**t done. Overall if you are looking for pumps, branch warren type focus along with a pit-bull mentally big noise will get you there.

Value 8.0/10
        Prices vary from 30.99 to 38.99. But the cheapest place that I found was at fastsupps.com for 30.99 at 30 servings. Which is a 1.03 per serving.

Side Effects

The pit-bull mentally

Conclusion

If you in the market for an overall 2-in-1 pump and nootropic product then big noise has your back. This is great product that covers everything you need to get the job done. This is a product that I will be buying again.
        • Blue lemonade: 10/10

March 23, 2017

Pros:
         Cons:
        • Incresed PUMPS
        • Incresed Focus
          What's up SR family! I would like to share my experience with Big Noise from Recon1. I would like to thank my job and my paycheck for the opportunity to purchase Big Nosie. I decided to start taking less stim when working out in the evening, so I found myself just using a half of serving of my pre-workout, which I was not getting that normal power and endurance. I was in search of a non-stim product to either take by itself or stack with my half serving; I found Big Nosie!

As with all Recon1 products, Big Nosie is fully disclosed; which we at SR really appreciate! Big Nosie comes with a number of goodies that helps your pumps at the gym make and stay focus with Big Noise:

Agmatine Sulfate - There is 1 grams, which is the ideal dose; this helps with pumps and recovery.

Glycerol Monostearate - There is 3 grams, which this is used helps to enhance the effects of other supplements and improving the absorption of the other ingredients in Big Noise or whatever pre-workout one decides to stack with.

Alpha-GPC - There is 300 mg, which is used as a Nootropic agent; not too many pump products on the market are using Nootropic in their products.

Huperzine-A - There is 200 mcg, which yet again, it is used as a Nootropic agent; it is designated as a "learning" Nootropic.

Taste - I bought the Strawberry Kiwi flavor, which was not bad and no overly sweet for me.

Mix - Big Noise mixes well, just a little foaming, which settles down within 30 sec after you shake the hell out of it!

Dosing - Take once scoop prior to hitting the gym

Did the gym here the "Big Nosie?" For me, yes it did! I used Big Nosie in 2 different ways, by itself and stacked with a pre-workout. When I took it by itself, the pumps were strong on my arms and shoulders; I did receive some energy from the 200 mg of Rhodiola Rosea Root that Big Noise comes with. In my opinion, Big Nosie as a standalone energy product, it did not get me through a heavy set; however, for cardio and a small body parts, perfect.

When I took Big Noise stacked with a pre-workout, wow that is when I felt the pump strong. Of course, I tried Big Nosie with different pre-workouts and depending on the brand I was using, the intensity of the pumps were different. The best pumps I received were when I stacked it with a sample of Recon1 Total War, Pre from Nutrobio, and any pre-workout that contains DMAA; I will not mention other brands that were not a good stack. The pumps when stacking with a pre-workout were off the chain, all of my bodies parts were pumps; even my calves were pumps and could not do a high incline on the treadmill. As for a poor man's Viagra "My apologies to our female SR members", all I have to say is BOOM!

In addition to the great pumps, the focus on Big Noise; due to the Nootropic agents, I noticed that I was more focused and less distracted by the hot babe doing Roman Deadlifts in yoga pants Oh my!

Value - There are 30 servings in Big Noise, the lowest I found it for was about $31.00, which is not a bad deal. I was able to get a killer deal on A1-Supplements, buy one get one free, which I believe they are still running the promo.

Sides - None to speak of

Conclusion

At the end of the day, Big Noise worked great for me, as always, not everyone will have the same effect with any supplement currently in the market. In my opinion, Recon1 has become a player in the supplement world and if they continue to release great products like Big Noise, watch out other companies. If you want to take your pre-workout to another level or just want to walk around pumped for the day, then give Big Noise a try.