Genius Diet Pills Reviews

By: The Genius Brand

Weight Loss > Stimulant Free
Genius Diet Pills is a Stimulant Free Weight Loss Product manufactured by The Genius Brand. It can increase metabolic rate and fat loss without the use/inclusion of traditional stimulants.

June 28, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Appetite Suppressant
  • Non Stim
  • Veggie Capsules
  • May Be Expensive Per Dose Compared To Others
  • Not Widely Distributed

Caffeine free, helps control cravings, value is based on how many servings you choose to take.

I purchased a few things a couple months back from a company that I consider to be an "under the radar" company that uses high-quality ingredients, no proprietary blends, natural, and is third-party tested. I have been slowly wanting to lose weight, so I decided to give a few products a try from Genius since I have liked the previous products I have tried from them.

This profile is composed of only two ingredients: 5-HTP and Satiereal saffron which is a trademarked ingredient. 5-HTP is short for 5-Hydroxytryptophan which can help improve mood and increases satiety according to examine.com. Satiereal saffron is a patented extract from saffron that has been said to reduce appetite and control sugar cravings. Each capsule contains 100 mg of 5-HTP and 88.25 mg of Satiereal saffron. Capsules are veggie capsules and do not contain gelatin.

Dosing: Take one capsule twice daily before breakfast and dinner respectively. I decided just to take one capsule upon waking because I normally did not eat breakfast. However on off days, I added the second capsule in the afternoon to try and keep my calories down a bit. I have been training often though, so there were not many times that I had an off day.

I believe that this was a pretty effective supplement to help curb cravings. I wanted to take just one capsule upon waking to try and stretch out the bottle more and I usually fasted in the morning so I thought that would be the ideal time to dose it. It is said that 5-HTP works better while taking before/with food, but I still found Genius Diet Pills to be decently effective in allowing me to fast until 2-3pm most days. I also found that it did curb cravings where I did not want to eat junk which is obviously beneficial in a cut and it did not even really let me think of eating until the afternoon.

Now this is not a miracle pill and I hope I did not make it seem that way, but I believe it did give a slight edge over not taking any supplements at all. I maybe sometimes have really high expectations for appetite suppressants because I have taken the original OEP a few times and I know that it crushed my appetite. We will probably never see an over the counter supplement like OEP again, so I think I have to get out of that mindset. Anyway, this would probably be even better if I took the second capsule in the afternoon on most days, but that of course would affect the value a bit. All together, I dropped a little over seven pounds in a month while taking this and their thermo Genius Burn.

Again, the value here is determined by how many capsules you take per day. There are 50 capsules in here. I have really only saw this for sale through Amazon and it is being sold for just under $30 currently. Each capsule costs $0.60, which seems like a lot for two active ingredients, but it did help me lose weight. Again, that is also why I decided to try and stretch out the container by dosing one capsule for the most part. At a full two capsules a day, this lasts you just under a month which is about the going rate for a fat burner type supplement.

Side Effects

Conclusion

This did what it said it would do, but do not expect your appetite to be totally non-existent. I like this paired with Genius Burn, but it does end up being a bit costly running them both simultaneously. Genius is a company that I feel deserves more exposure and I hope I am able to do that for them.

Overall
Overall
9.3
9.6
  June 21, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Simple Ingredient
  • Science Based
  • Non Stim
  • Appetite Suppressant
  • May Be Expensive Per Dose Compared To Others

(About yourself, 1-3 sentences maximum)
Throughout my fitness journey, I have taken many "diet pills". They all seem to claim the same things: increased metabolism, strong energy, mood boosting, fat mobilizing, and appetite suppressing. All of these things are great and I have found some that actually live up to there claims, or partly anyways. On the most part however, I always end up confused about what the product actually did, based on all of their claims. I was happy to find Genius Diet Pills because it's a straightforward supplement with one claim : appetite suppressant. With this one claim, I figured that it would be easy to determine if the product actually worked and if it was worth my money, so I gave it a shot. This is the second product from Genius that I have tried and I reviewed their BCAAs already. I thought that it was a good BCAA product, that needed some help in the flavour department.

While taking Genius Diet Pills, I was also taking the following:
-NaturaLife Omega 3 Triple Strength
-MTS Machine Carb10
-MyProtein Impact Whey Isolate and casein
-Kaged Muscle Pre Kaged
-Kaged Muscle Hydra Charge
-CanadianProtein Supermen Multi

The ingredient profile is pretty straightforward, as you would expect in a one effect product.

5 HTP as (Griffonnia simplicifolia) 150mg
-In the body, 5HTP is converted into seratonine, which has been proven to be associated with satiety. Studies have shown that increase in seratonine leads to a reduction of food intake due to its ability to blunt appetite. Studies have used dosages ranging from 8mg per kg of body daily up to 900mg per day.

Satiereal Saffron (Crocus Sativus L) extract, standardized to 0.34% safranal and providing crocin and picocrocin
-Th pe Saffron extract has been shown through studies to significantly reduce appetite in comparison to a placebo group. It helped participants to reduce their snacking behaviours over the course of 8 weeks. Each participant received 88mg of the extract twice daily, for a total of 176mg per day.

Other ingredients include the makeup of each capsule which is a veggie cap (always nice to have), containing vegetable stearate.

Taste: There is no taste at all to this product.

Mixability: N/A. They are capsules.

Dosing: The bottle contains 50 veg caps, with each having 150mg of 5HTP as mentioned above. Based off of the studies I have seen, 150mg is lower than the doses used, even at two servings per day. However, Genius claims that when working in conjunction with Satiereal, it has synergistic effects and enhances its ability to blunt hunger. I have never used 5HTP on its own, so I do not have anything to compare this to.

Each cap also contains 88mg of Satierial Saffron. This is the clinically proven dose, if taken twice per day, which is the intent with Genius Diet Pills. Kudos to Genius for added clinically proven doses.

If taken everyday, the bottle will last 25 days at two servings, which is how I used it, or 50 days at 1 serving.

Let me start out by saying that this product is very effective! I have used appetite suppressing products before, but they all claimed other benefits that were non existent. Genius claims only appetite suppressant and boy does it deliver on that! I must state that while taking this product, I was and am still in a slight calorie surplus. You may be wondering why, then, would I use Diet Pills. Well, like others I have talked to, I tend to get really hungry when eating at a surplus. When dieting, I do not have this issue. In order to stay on track and not overdo my "bulk", I like to keep my appetite under control.

Like stated above, I used the pills twice daily to help control my appetite. I tend to be really hungry between my post workout meal and lunch, which is a little over 3 hours later, and again between afternoon snack and diner which is about 4 hours later. On both occasions, throughout the day, when taking the pills, I experience no hunger issues at all. The thought of eating never crossed my mind. This was not just something that happened once. I experienced this every time, when taking these pills.

NightTime Hunger
-I tend to usually get hungry after my nighttime snack. This can be a big deal for me as I train in the morning with nothing but carb10 and a pre workout. On mornings when I went to be hungry, I have a difficult time not eating more before my workout, which leads to extra calories. But with Diet pills, not only do I not get hungry in the morning, I actually have a feeling of being overfull. Which is kind of welcome for me as it is a rarerety. So I can go to bed full and wake up full, even though the last dose of diet pills I took was at 1:30pm. This to me is probably what I was the most impressed with. It did help during the day, like I said, but I am usually busy enough during the day to avoid eating. NightTime and pre workout however, these are times when I was really glad to have the Diet pills with me.

When determining whether or not it is a good value, I compared it to other weight loss products. I decided to included on some with science based, clean ingredients, leaving out those with harsh stimulants and exotic ingredients, because that it not what this supplement is or is meant to be.

Diet Pills: $24.99 on Amazon for 25/50 servings, $0.99 for maximu dosage or 0.49 per serving for lighter dosage

Shred Jym: $35.46 on bodybuilding.com for 240 caps, or 20, 30, 60 servings as you can take up to 3 times daily, $0.59/ 1.18/ or 1.77 per serving for the maximum dosage

Clean Burn: $29.97 on bodybuilding.com for 180 caps or 90 servings but taken 3 times per day $0.33 per serving or $0.99 per maximum serving.

Based on these numbers, I wouldn't really call Diet Pill a "value" as the other two are similarly priced, with Shred Jym slightly higher. With that in mind, the other two do have more ingredients and claim to do more.

Having said that however, if I look at this subjectively, I do think it is a good value and worth every penny simply due to the fact that it does what it sets out to do. That in itself makes it worth it to me. Although I wouldn't mind if the company were to lower the price a little lol.

It all comes down to what you are looking for and what you want out of your supplement. If you are ok with paying for great appetite suppression, then I say it is worth it. Plus $24.99 isn't all that expensive.

Side Effects

None that I experienced or am aware of.

Conclusion

After looking over this review, I realize it sounds pretty biased, but I truly do believe in the effectiveness of this product. Everyone is different, but for me, this really did blunt my hunger to a very noticeable degree. I haven't heard from anyone else who has tried it, but I would like to, to compare experiences.
I don't think you could go wrong trying it out.
Give it a shot and let me know what you think.