OptiBurn Amped - Powder Reviews

By: Platinum Labs

(Better than 99% in Weight Loss > Thermogenics)

PRICES
Check Amazon for OptiBurn Amped - Powder:
OptiBurn Amped - Powder is a Thermogenic Weight Loss Product manufactured by Platinum Labs. It increases the body's temperature and raises metabolism, helping to burn more calories and assist with fat loss.

August 28, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Decent Thermogenesis
  • Good Mood Enhancement
  • Fat Loss
  • Some Mixability Issues

Fat burners have been a major part of my life recently. I did a major, long cut for my wedding. Then I tore my ACL. Since, I've continued the cut trying to get as lean as possible for my knee surgery scheduled in December. That being said, I've taken a ton of fat burners recently and some have been great, some have been ok, and some have really missed the mark. Platinum Labs OptiBurn AMPed was one of the best, here's why:

Awesome profile. Fully disclosed, which is a huge plus. I attached the supplement facts for you to view, but with 13 well dosed ingredients it really is a good profile. What I like about this is that they attack fat burning through a lot of different methods. Look, it's easy to just get stimmed out of your mind, make your heart race, and burn some calories. What I look for in a fat burner is long lasting energy, appetite suppression, mood enhancement, and metabolism support. This profile addresses those needs with buffered caffeine 250 mg), a full 2 grams of Carnitine, synephrine, higenamine, nelumbo Nucifera, African mango etc. Are there some ingredients I question? Yes...500 mg of CLA doesn't seem like it would do much, and raspberry ketones have questionable science, but this product is loaded with well known and innovative ingredients to attack fat burning in a lot of ways. Love the profile.

I had the peach flavor, and it was almost identical to the peace tea flavor of their OptiDreams product which is very subtle and nice. Mixability was pretty good, but with so many ingredients I did have some residue that I had to shake quite a bit. Dosing is suggested at one scoop first thing in the morning before a meal. I did play with the dosing some though, more on that later.

First, I do prefer powdered thermogenics, so I was happier taking this. An extra drink is just more satiating than popping some pills. The original Alphamine was incredible, and I always like the powdered Super HD and Liv hybrid. So, I feel powders just help me more. Also, as mentioned above, I don't want a fat burner to just stim me out, I expect more, and this delivered. First, the energy was great. Clean and long lasting. One scoop in the morning got me through my work day great. I did add an extra scoop on workout days, before cardio. My stim tolerance has always been high, and especially now that I've been cutting for so long taking stims I can handle it. I feel for most though, especially if you workout in the morning, one scoop will be just fine. Another great aspect for this fat burner is the mood enhancement. Cutting sucks and you can get pretty irritable, this helped a ton. Helped me stay positive. Appetitive suppression was superb, especially at two divided scoops. Kept my small meals and shakes consistent, but this helped alleviate those cravings. I have leaned out quite a bit over the past 6 months, but taking this I dropped another 12 lbs during the month run. This worked great for me.

Lowest I found this was $35 for 45 one scoop servings. Even though I doubled up on scoops some days, this still lasted me a month. Considering its effectiveness and my preference for powders, I would no doubt buy this again at this price point.

Side Effects

None, no crashing, no stomach issues.

Conclusion

With my beloved Alphamine reformulated, this is fighting for my top spot for fat burners. I would highly recommend this to anyone looking to shed some pounds.

Advertisement:
Members don't see ads: Join SR for Free

9.1
  March 10, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good Mood Enhancement
  • Decent Thermogenesis
  • No Proprietary Blends
  • Great Profile And Dosages
  • Fat Loss
  • Dyes
- Introduction -
Throughout the duration of my usage of Platinum Labs OptiBurn, I was doing a simple 5x5 program and playing sports whenever I could. As for my diet I try to eat a lot of the following: fish, eggs, milk and greens. My eating pattern is an intermittent fasting one where my window starts at 2pm and ends around 10pm.

- Ingredient Profile -
One of the things that has impressed me about Platinum labs is that they have no converted over to complete transparent labels. Originally they used prop blends like so many in this industry, however currently all the products they offer are openly dosed. Glancing at Optiburn's ingredients I am rather impressed with the ingredients they choose to use, as well as the dosage of them. Starting with one of my favorites they have 1.5 grams of Tuarine which is solid dosage, next I like the amount of caffeine they included at 250 milligrams. Its not too much, and not too little to give off the positive effects of caffeine without the negative ones. Another one they included and the only one I will gripe at is the Green Tea Leaf Extract at 200 milligrams, 500 would have been preferred, but other than that they did a pretty good job with the ingredients, dosage and transparency. Overall I give them a 8.5/10 for their ingredients.

- Taste -
Got the watermelon flavor which seems to be their only drinkable flavor of any of their products. It has a decent taste, nothing great but not something you'll dread. Its not overly sweet like many, but has a nice even taste without too much. Overall this gets a 7/10 for taste.

- Mixability -
1 scoop mixed with 15 oz of water, 3-4 shakes and it blended up really nice.

- Dosing -
1 scoop coming out to a total of 8 grams a serving, with a total of 45 servings which means this last longer than most other supplements like this on the market.

- Effectiveness -
Going to rate this from their claims off of their website, from top to bottom.

Thermogenesis -
Did I feel warmer than normal? Yes. Did it make me sweat through my shirts? Almost. The thermogenesis effect was subtle, not in-your-face like some I have tried in the past. I would take this in the morning, and roughly an hour later I would noticed I felt warmer than usual, as well as the slightest exercise would make me bust out sweating. Overall I would give Thermogenesis a 8/10.

Mood Enhancer -
Starting to wonder if Platinum labs is making dietary supplements, or anti-depressants because this gave me a noticeable mood boost. People around me even noticed that I seemed cheerier than normal(Being a pessimistic introvert means any bump in mood is noticed) and was more talkative as well. In terms of Mood Enhancement, this did a great job similar to that of their pre Defcon1. For Mood Enhancer I give this a 9/10.

Appetite Suppressants -
Now I would take this in the morning usually between 7-8. My diet as stated above is an intermittent fasting type that begins at 2pm and ends at 10pm and have been doing this for over a year now. So taking that into consideration my body has become rather use to eating later in the day, and not feeling hunger pains till about 1-2pm. On days I took Optiburn I would not feel hungry usually that same day. That sounds extreme, however I am not a big eater, add that on top of the IF diet it simply takes a lot for myself to become hungry. The first day I took this I forgot to eat till about 8pm when I forced myself to eat to ensure I was getting some nutrients in. The appetite suppression from Optiburn worked a little too well on me, and my guess is because of my eating habits. On days I took this at 8am, the hunger would not set in till at least 9 or 10 if that even. Earlier dosages around 6am tended to hold the hunger at bay till about 7 usually. Taking that into account you can see that it worked on me from ingestion till hunger was about 12-13 hours normally. In order to ensure I did not lose a lot of muscle from the whole not wanting to eat, I starting imprementing calorie dense shakes into my daily routine since its easier to quickly chug a shake, than eat a pound of salmon and broccoli. Finally I would not expect these kinds of results if you have a big appetite or eat throughout the entirety of the day, but judging from the other reviews you can expect it work for decent amount of time. Overall I give this a 9.8/10 for appetite suppression.

Advanced Energy -
You got energy, and some might say an abundance of it. The lasting time would be roughly 6-8 hours and after that it would go down hill, but not like a huge crash. More like a gradual downward slope of energy you could expect from most caffeine supplements. In terms of gym energy, it was solid but nothing spectacular. I took this a few times preworkout, but it made me miss beta alanine for that lactic acid buffering, but this is not a preworkout it is a fat loss supplement so that did not matter anyways. Energy gets a 7.7/10

As for their diuretic claim, I will not be going into that in detail mainly because I did not notice a difference nor did I expect to due to being on creatine at the same time.

Total Fat Loss -
The most imporat part, did I lose fat? Or just weight in general? Simple answer, yes I did. Though not as much as you might expect. Started out at about 203lbs, and in 8 weeks I was at 200lbs. Not a big difference, right? Well I was thinking the same thing, and decided to compare my messurments from 8 weeks prior to now and this is where I realized that certain measurements went down, while other went up. Starting with my waist I went from a 38" waist to 36", and noticed my legs looked more toned than normal. Next my chest went up about .7", and felt more solid than previously as well as my arms gained .4". Again, my arms looked more "toned" and there was more separation in my shoulders, making my biceps look larger. This was a gradual change, because I would not have noticed it if I had not taken measurements.

Overall I think this is a top 5 fat loss product just based off of the effectiveness alone. I give this a 9.1/10 for total effectiveness.

- Value: 9/10
45 total servings, and the best price currently is $32 from Illpumpyouup.com. I think that is a great price for a great product.

- Side Effects -

- Conclusion -
Platinum labs came on my radar about 203 years ago when I saw a review for their Original Defcon1. Since then I have tried many of their products and have never been let down thus far. OptiBurn is just another example of Platinum Labs putting out a solid product. And I highly reccomend this to anyone looking for a great fat loss product, or appetite suppressant. Thanks to Platinum Labs for sending this out!
  • Watermelon: 7/10

Advertisement:
Members don't see ads: Join SR for Free

Overall
Overall
8.9
9.1
  February 29, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good Mood Enhancement
  • Decent Thermogenesis
  • No Proprietary Blends
  • Great Profile And Dosages
  • Appetite Suppression

Big thanks to Platinum Labs for the opportunity to try this product. I had always been eyeing it on various websites and social media apps but for some reason never pulled the trigger. Thanks to them and to the TROOP program, I got the chance to give it a go. I am constantly trying different fat burners and thermos, of course with a little break in between them. I guess it says something about me if I feel like I have been needing a product like this for several years, but hey, I'm still happy with how far I have come in my weightlifting and exercising journey. On to the review!

As always, I love me some fully disclosed labels! And that is exactly what we have with this product. 12 ingredients clearly broken down on the label, many of which I consider "clutch" for the weight loss game. On top of full disclosure, I also feel like they are all dosed very well. I will attach a picture of the label to this review so you can all take a look (if I don't forget by the time I'm done reading), but here are some of the highlights in my non-professional opinion:

Buffered Caffeine: 250mg

I have looked around online to try and understand what buffered caffeine is compared to "regular" caffeine and I couldn't really find much. 250mg of caffeine is perfect for me, but for some reason it didn't feel like I was taking this much of it. I occasionally tried 2 scoops which would equal 500mg and in my past experience of having this much caffeine at once, this one wasn't the same. The energy was always very smooth and never overwhelming so I don't know if "buffered" caffeine has anything to do with that.

Acetyl L-Carnitine: 2000mg

I've always noticed positive effects taking ALC so I like the inclusion of it in this product. It has always helped me add just a little extra weight loss when dieting. And I like the amount they put in.

Green Tea Leaf Extract: 200mg

Another supplement I have always liked to take when trying to cut. One less thing I need to supplement on the side since they included it in here. I don't think many people will argue about green tea extract.

CLA: 500mg

Maybe just a tad bit underdosed but I'm still glad they put it in here. Something I take pretty consistently.

Advantra-Z (Synephrine): 30mg

The popular "replacement" if you will for ephedrine. I have noticed that many effective thermos and weight loss products are now including this. I have never taken it stand-alone so I'm not totally sure what its effects feel like.

Platinum Labs sent me the Watermelon flavor much to my delight. Always my favorite supplement flavor. This one did not let me down. The taste was incredibly refreshing in the morning. I would mix it with 12-18 ozs of cold water and the flavoring was perfect. Not too sweet and no aftertaste.

Mixability was always on point as well. Never any leftovers at the bottom of the shaker and minimum amount of foam after shaking.

Dosing was pretty easy for me on this one. I would take one scoop with cold water upon waking. I tend to work out in the morning so I did have to pay attention to how I would go about having this product and take a pre-workout. Luckily for me I was trying out a stim-free PWO at the time so it worked out nicely. But as I will talk about in the effectiveness section, I think you could have a very decent workout if you used this as your Pre in the morning.

This stuff was pretty much on point with all their claims. To put it in a nutshell, Platinum Labs claims increased energy, fast acting and mood enhancing. There are several other things they claim on the description such as water loss and appetite suppression. In terms of increased energy, it was 100% there and man was it nice. It never gave me a stimmed out feeling even at 2 scoops. This was the definition of smooth, clean energy that everyone always talks about. At least to me. As soon as I took this in the morning, I would just feel awake and not tired. It was pretty awesome. It was very fast-acting like they claim, especially in the morning on an empty stomach. I also felt the mood enhancing effects. Again, not overboard, but just a nice sense of well-being. I never experienced any type of crash with this product so that was awesome. I am usually pretty susceptible to crashes after taking heavy stim products, and it never happened with OptiBurn. I did try 2 scoops several times, but honestly did not notice too much of a difference to make it worth it. I never felt a severe thermo effect, just a mild one. No serious excess sweating, just a little bit warmer than usual.

One of my favorite things about this product was its appetite suppression for me when i would take it in the morning. It made fasting till noon or so extremely easy. It wasn't so crushing that I just didn't want to eat, it just made it easy to not eat if that makes sense.

As far as weight loss goes, I lost around 6 lbs while I was using OptiBurn which i will take any day of the week. I used for just over 30 days but I wasn't aggressively cutting, just trying to eat well and stick to my workout plan.

As Kalans said, it shows up on Muscle and Strength but is out of stock and BB.com lists it as coming in April. I looked around a little more and found it to be out of stock everywhere except Illpumpyouup.com. They had it listed for $32 before shipping, but it was showing as 30 servings, which is weird because I think they only make it in 45 servings. I ordered it anyway so I will let you all know what shows up in the mail. The average price seems to be around $38 which comes out to $0.84 / serving. I'm fine with this price point. At one scoop a day you get a month and a half. This puts it above average value in my opinion. And you know what you're getting thanks to the disclosed label.

Side Effects

None at all! Yahtzee!

Conclusion

Cutting season is upon us and I think anyone would really enjoy this product. It goes without saying that it isn't any type of miracle drink that will just make you lose weight with no effort. But if you are putting forth a strong effort to shed some pounds, I think you will find that this product will assist you greatly. I try to stay on an intermittent fasting type schedule as much as I can, especially because it helps me cut calories, and this product really, really helped me stick to it. Like I already said, I just ordered another tub. Thank you Platinum Labs and SR.com for letting me try this out!
    • Watermelon: 10/10

February 26, 2016

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Insane Energy
    • Good Mood Enhancement
    • Decent Thermogenesis
    • GMP
    • No Proprietary Blends
    • Great Profile And Dosages
    • Dyes
    Introduction + Supplement Facts
    Fat Burners do not solve the puzzle, but rather help solve it a little more quickly.. It comes to no surprise to know that I a Endomorph Body Type would be interested in a short cut to help lose those unwanted pounds of fat. Much like those Ectomorphs want the short cut to put the weight on, yet there isn't a supplemental answer but rather the cure is to eat more food! I have had my fair share of Fat Burners in the past including Ephedra (without knowing about it), and the dreaded Hoodia.. More or less I have had my experience loosing weight, keep in mind I did not say fat! On two separate occasions I lost 75lbs and 65lbs respectfully. I obviously lost a tremendous amount of muscle in the process, but this was before I got into the bodybuilding mindset which meant I was more than happy with it. With the proper diet/nutrition, exercise, activity level, and supplementation I was able to achieve the goal of total weight loss.. But guess what? It all came back both times!

There are 13 active ingredients to this profile, all of which are consistently dosed near if not fully to what is needed and expected. I really liked this formulation, and there is more active ingredients in 1 serving than in any pill on the market. In total you have 6.130g of active ingredients per 8g scoop, can you imagine taking that many pills? Have you had a 1g pill before? It is really really tough, and typically you wouldn't see the dosages this high anyways. Some interesting ingredients include: Horsetail Stem Extract (Equisetum), Dandelion Root Extract (Taraxacum), African Mango Extract, Nelumbo Nucifera Seed Extract, CLA included also, and Acetyl L-Carnitine to name a few. Everything is fully disclosed, no proprietary blends which is great of Platinum Labs and overall I am very satisfied with this profile!

Taste + Mixability + Dosing
    Watermelon was the flavor requested and sent, and it was so much better than Defcon1 in regards to flavoring on all levels! It tastes very sweet, which I had adjusted with more water for my liking. The mixability was really good actually, with some foam that settles quickly and a little sediment that forms on the bottom but was rather minimal. There wasn't any directions for the amount of water to use, but for the image I used around 10 ounces which is a bit too sweet for me and I found around 20 ounces was best tasting. Dosing a Fat Burner can be difficult if you want to continue using a Pre-Workout, because of the tolerance you build up with the stimulants. For me I was able to take this product almost every day, but it did pose some difficulty for taking it in conjunction with my Pre-Workouts. I was able to utilize the Fat Burner several hours Post Workout, but on some days I used it simply as a Pre-Workout as well. I started taking 1 scoop initially, but towards the end I would take it in the morning and midday on many separate occasions (not always). So dosing was mostly once a day in the AM post workout or before work, and midday on the several occasions I took it at work in addition to the AM dose.

Effectiveness 8.6/10
    My diet and exercise routine had stayed consistent for the majority of this product, but eventually I started back up on my 3 day gym rotation/split. I work 12 hour shifts at a hospital and thus I am on my feet the majority of the day. I typically am walking or standing for the most of the day, so my activity is moderate but not exertive. The first claim by Platinum Labs is the Thermogenesis (Thermo) effect: I will say that initially I was sweaty throughout most of the day, from my chest and arms all the way to my shins. My feet felt sweaty so often that I had to "freshen" my shoes on many occasions, because they simply did not smell good.. Of course this is a beneficial and desired effect, which proved to be even more acceptable when I use it as a "Pre-Workout". Eventually as all things do, it didn't last a long but was still moderate towards the end. Onto the Mood Enhancer, which was quite enjoyable. The focus coming from all the stimulants was pretty dang strong, which had me quite surprised being my experience with Defcon1 wasn't fully enjoyable at 1 scoop requiring 2. There were many occasions where the Euphoric Rush did come on, but never too strong yet my I felt I needed to take some deeeeep breaths when things got really busy at work.

I haven't really had any success or issues with keeping an appetite while using any type of fat burner, but really even if I did I would force myself to eat due to wanting to lose fat not just total weight (ie muscle too). So to say the least I did feel a very mild appetite suppression, but nothing that would make me not eat one of my many scheduled meals. Energy is one of the most effective aspects of this product, really really good! To be fair I haven't had a Fat Burner in the past year that wasn't great with Energy, and OptiBurn was no different yet still potent/powerful. The energy rush was carried over for several hours if not most of the days, but towards the end I did feel a slight slip or tolerance build up where the energy lost some of its edge near the end. But for the most part I was surprised because after I finished the product I actually didn't have the dreaded post fat burner mid-day crash! So while there was some tolerance build up, the dependency fact wasn't an issue! I maintained a 50% Carb 30% Protein 20% Fat macro based diet, yet I did cycle some low carb days in there. While the carb count was low I did see less water retention in my mid-section, but I wouldn't necessarily say that it was purely effective at Diuresis. In the end I found that while maintaining my macro's I did lose a total of 3.45lbs total weight, and being that I had maintained the same diet and exercise routine previous to taking this product I found it in deed to be effective.

Value 8/10
    This product does have many version(s) floating around, but it appears Muscle and Strength does have it in 45 servings for $40, but it appears to be out of stock. Bodybuilding.com seems to have it as a "coming soon" product, so I wasn't able to really find the cheapest price point for this. So on a price per serving it costs $0.89, which is ok of a price being that the ingredients and their dosages are much greater than other fat burners out there (not saying that more ingredients are necessarily better).

Overall Conclusion
    Wowza! I definitely feel this is a good quality fat burner powder, and it isn't overly saturated in the market for the powdered form fat burners. I would recommend this product, but ultimately it comes down to your diet and exercise that will either make this product shine or rain! I wasn't expecting this product to be effective, let alone the almost insane energy/focus that I had felt! I applaud Platinum Labs for this product and the formulation, the taste, full disclosure of the ingredients, and for sending this one out to SR for me to review!
    • Watermelon: 9/10