OptiBurn Amped - Powder Reviews

By: Platinum Labs

(Better than 100% in Weight Loss > Thermogenics)

PRICES
Check Amazon for OptiBurn Amped - Powder:
OptiBurn Amped - Powder is a Thermogenic Weight Loss Product manufactured by Platinum Labs. It increases the body's temperature and raises metabolism, helping to burn more calories and assist with fat loss.
FORUM TOPICS

Weight Loss > Thermogenics

December 29, 2017

• Good Energy
  • Some Mixability Issues
  • Occasional Headache

I remember first seeing Platinum Labs a long time ago on the site and recently it seems they are making a comeback. I can remember reading the reviews on OptiBurn but never got around to trying it because it was hard to find in the US. So, when Platinum Labs put up their OptiBurn Amped I had to try it. Here is the review.

Each bottle of Optiburn Amped comes with 45 servings at about 8g each. The first ingredient is 2000mg of acetyl-l-carnitine, which can help the body utilize fat as energy. The next is 1500mg of taurine, which has antioxidant properties and can improve exercise performance. Following taurine, you have CLA at a 500mg dosage, which can aid in the prevention of fat storage. 500mg is on the lower side for CLA dosage as I have seen up to 3g daily recommended for fat loss. The next ingredient I haven't seen before and that is lotus leaf extract at a 300mg dosage. This ingredient is said to have properties that prevent obesity and can boost mood. Next, you have african mango extract at a 300mg dosage. The main benefit claim with african mango is that it can make you feel fuller thus you eat less. Following this you have horsetail extract at 300mg dose, which acts as a diuretic. After horsetail you have caffeine anhydrous at 250mg dosage, which increases energy. Next, you have green coffee bean extract at a 250mg dose, which can help prevent fat storage. Then you have green tea extract at a 200mg dosage, which can aid in weight loss and have antioxidant properties. Then you have raspberry ketones at a 250mg dosage, this ingredient can aide in lipolysis. After this you have, dandelion extract, which is another diuretic similar to horsetail. Then there is higenamine HCl at 50mg, this ingredient is a stimulant that is thought to boost metabolism. Lastly, you have synephrine HCl at a 30mg dosage, which is similar to higenamine and is said to increase metabolism. I will note that the product is sweetened with sucralose.

Overall, I really like the ingredient profile especially the 2000mg of acetyl-l-carnitine. I also liked how the caffeine dosage was just enough for me that I could use this as a coffee replacement before/after breakfast. Some ingredients such as the CLA were not near clinical dosages but perhaps they work synergistically with the other ingredients. I will note I did not like the inclusion of synephrine as I discovered I get headaches from it. It appears they have reformulated OptiBurn with the only change being the removal of synephrine and adding in 75mg of paradoxine, which I prefer.

Optiburn Amped comes in four flavors they are lemon lime, peach, watermelon and Australian summer. I was sent the Australian Summer flavor and it was great. The powder had a very fruity smell and the taste is quite good. It is hard to describe but it seemed to me like a fruity iced tea candy. I know that might sound odd but it worked. In terms of mixability, it mixed fairly well but there were a good amount of floaters on the bottom of the shaker. As far as dosage goes, I only took one scoop a day and the timing varied. I will note that I always took this around a meal because I noticed that if I didn't I would get a headache.

At the start of taking this product I was about 215 and at the end I was around 208. In total, that is seven pounds lost, which I thought was pretty good. So, in terms of pounds lost I feel like this is an effective product. I also want to rate the effectiveness based on the three claims on the bottle, which are increased energy, fast acting, and enhanced mood. I definitely noticed an increase of energy when taking this product. A few times I used this before a pre workout meal and the energy lasted me into my workout. On those days I would usually skip the preworkout. I did take this a few times as a pre workout and felt like the increase energy was quite good but a little more mellow than my typical pre workout. I also noticed that I would get a headache if I did not take this around food. In terms of the fast acting claim, I did feel like this worked rather quickly. I commute to work and it takes about 45-60 minutes depending on the traffic. I would usually start to drink it halfway through my commute and could feel it by the time I got to work. I would say I would begin to feel it about 20-25 minutes after taking it. As far the the enhanced mood goes, I didn't feel anything in this regard. To be honest, on some days it did the opposite because I would get a headache if I did not take it with food. I wouldn't take this for mood support as their are other supplements out there for that. Overall, I found this product to be effective and I lost seven pounds over the course of taking it.

OptiBurn Amped is difficult to find since the company is primarily based in Australia. They used to be around a lot in US online stores but not so much anymore. When I do value reviews I only use stores that I would feel comfortable ordering from. I actually couldn't find one that carried Optiburn Amped so I am going direct with Platinum Labs. The new version (paradoxine replacing synephrine) is currently $39.99 for 45 servings making it $.88 per serving (maximum recommended daily dosage). Comparing this to other powdered fat burners Core Nutritionals Burn Ultra goes for $39.99 for 56 servings making it $.71 per serving. However, they recommend two scoops per day so you are looking at $1.42 per day. SuperHD from cellucor goes for $29.99 making it $1.00 per serving but again they recommend up to three scoops ($3.00 a day for some). Optiburn Amped is a great value especially since the serving is one scoop per day and that is all that is recommended.

Side Effects

I did have some side effects from this product and they were the occasional headache. I pinpointed it to the synephrine HCl, which is in a 30 mg dosage. When taking around a meal I noticed the headaches were less prominent. After taking this product, I started taking another that also had synephrine and I noticed once I restarted synephrine HCl the same headaches returned. I am happy to see though it appears they have reformulated and relabeled Optiburn Amped and took out the synephrine. It appears that they added paradoxine, which is an ingredient I like using.

Conclusion

OptiBurn Amped is a great tasting and effective weight loss supplement. I lost seven pounds over the course of taking it, which was quite good for a fat burner run for me. I did have some headaches from the product but after taking it around food those were lessened. They did just reformulate the product and took out the ingredient that gave me the headaches. In terms of value, I think it is quite good but difficult to find in the US. Thank you to Platinum Labs for sending out the product.

-Xcmiler

Advertisement:
Members don't see ads: Join SR for Free

December 26, 2017

• Good Energy

First and foremost I would like to thank Platinum Labs for sending me out their product so I could try it and review it for you guys. I would also like to thank SR for providing me the opportunity and the tools so that I can share with you guys my experience.

I just turned 40 ... probably like most man I have mixed feelings about my age. But I'm probably with the 90% of other man seeing what affect age has on the gut. Whatever I do I still see a belly bulge and that six pack just isn't coming ... I am determined thought because the summer is coming and I'm not getting any younger ... it's either this year or never! So like every weight conscientious individual I'm trying to get help anywhere I can. When I noticed this little gem I opted for the pills, but one of the member on here told me that the powder is better because there are a lot of more active ingredients. I noticed that also so cancelled my previous claim and instead went for the powder form ... how did it do you ask? Hello :P, ... read on.

There is a lot to talk about here so here I go ... if you a guru on ingredients or have read the past reviews on this product than you can definitely skip this part. I like to thoroughly go over the ingredients for my own knowledge refresh and growth. Sometimes going over ingredients I learn something new etc. BTW, this has a fully discolesed label which is very rare for a fat burning product .. so super kudos to Platinum Labs

2000 mg of Acetyl-L-Carnitine HCL - Carnitine is a amino acid that helps the body turn fat into energy. This is a staple product that should be included in every fat burning product. This processed carnitine can better pass the blood brain barrier. So carnitine will not only provide your body with energy but converting fat but also provide energy to one of your most important muscle ... the brain.

1500 mg of Taurine - It seems that this little organic acid has a lot of influence with blood. It can control blood sugar and also reduce some forms of insulin resistance. It seems that one of the studies have shown that supplement taurine helped obese subjects loos fat because it seems it has capability for body to develop glucose tolerance. We do tend to consume a lot of sugar in our diets so this would definitely help me personally.

500 mg of Conjugated Linoleic Acid (CLA) 60% - Supposedly this is the most researched ingredient for weight loss. It seems that accurately so since it has proven to be effective. The only set back that I noticed is that it will only work for you for the first 6 months. It seems most of the subjects plateaued after that. In short this is a fatty acid that actually instead of making you fatter it makes you slimmer.

300 mg of Lotus (Nelumbo nucifera)(leaf) Extract - First I want to mention that this ingredient has no human studies done. So anything being suggested only work on animals other than our specie. Supposedly this ingredient has few things going for it like possible anti-obesogenic, anti-diabetic properties and some fat burning properties have been noted with the whole plant, but nothing remarkable.

300 mg of African Mango (Irvingia gabonensis)(seed) Extract - It seems that most of the research is industry influenced I'm not going over this ingredient. What I am going to say is that it's pretty much the seed has high fat content that suggest fat loss.

300 mg of Horsetail (Equisetum arvense)(Stem) Extract - Not widely researched ingredient that might have a positive effect on arthritis, kidney stones, enlarged prostate, osteoporosis, varicose veins, and lastly that awful dandruff. Oh how I wish I had hair so that I could tell you if did help with dandruff :P. Honestly I'm not sure why it's part of this profile but maybe Platinum Labs knows something that we don't.

250 mg of Caffeine Anhyndrous - Good ol' caffeine with no water to bring your energy levels up.

250 mg of Green Coffee (Coffea arabica)(Bean) Extract - An ingredient that has some research done that was mainly industry led. This means that we can't really believe everything we hear. Especially from one character known as Dr. Oz ... Although some studies do show that it helps with reducing carbohydrate absorption. I wouldn't make this a miracle ingredient that Oz has suggested but I'm pleased it's here.

250 mg of Raspberry Keatons - This is another hyped product that has no research to back it up. Supposedly we would have to consume a lot of this supplement to see any real effect. Although, just like with green cofffee I'm not against having it added.

200 mg of Green Tea (Camellia sinesis)(leaf) - Good stuff that helps with fat but nothing overwhelming ... although finally some studies do suggest that it has fat burning capabilities especially EGCG ..

200 mg of Dandelion (Taraxacum officinale)(root) - The only study on rats have shown this to be a strong diuretic.

50 mg of Higenamine HCL - A ingredient claiming to work the same way as ephedrine did since they both share the same mechanism known as Beta(2)adrenergic agonism. Although, there are no humans studies to prove this.

30 mg of Synephrine HCL - Another ephedrine like ingredient but less potent.

A lot of these ingredients have recommended dosages ... it's really well dosed and even though some of the ingredients have very little backing I don't mind having them here since they don't have any negative effect.

I received the Australian summer taste and it is fantastic. To me it tasted like very sweet fruit punch or one of those fruit V-8 drinks because it was a little dense. Usually I mixed this in my drink glass stirred and sipped in the morning. This taste was really hitting my taste buds in a very positive way so I really enjoyed my new morning "brew".

This is were the product shines even more the the ingredient profile. Usually when I wake up I have a meeting to attend. So what I do is get this in a glass stir and start drinking while in the meeting. The meeting ends I answer my e-mails and holy crap it's almost noon. To my surprise I'm not hungry at all. I've been eating breakfast regularly for few years now, so when I wake up I'm usually hungry and ready to eat. This definitely has strong hunger suppression capabilities. Obviously getting all that caffeine that comes with this product this is an excellent pick me up drink. I'm ready and alert and very talkative during my meeting. This does well in picking me up in the morning and me sipping it for a while tends to prolong that energy till noon. I do notice a little bit of mood enhancement while I've been supplementing with this product. Usually my mornings felt good even thought I had a rough night waking up because of my colic baby. I'm not a morning person so after waking up I didn't need to remember to have my serving of this supplement. With the 45 servings that comes with the tube it's very easy to get this to be part of your morning routine. I didn't do the numbers before I started this product but I have not gained any weight while taking Opti burn ... Overall personally I'm very satisfied with this product. The only thing I would recommend is adding a little more ingredients to give more thermogenesis. I only felt this when I was doing some morning activity like carrying my baby around but I didn't feel it generating any heat on it's own like other products I've taken before.

Currently I found this for 35$ per tube which contains 45 servings. That comes out to 77 cents per serving. That is an awesome price for all the ingredients you are getting and the effectiveness that it has on me per say. Personally I'm going to buy this again for myself and my wife. I think it's mild enough for her also.

Side Effects

Nothing that I have experienced personally.

Conclusion

I have already hinted in my value review that I'm very pleased with this product and look forward to using it again. I think it has great value and provide positive results that many other fat supplements usually promise but rarely deliver. This will not make you loose fat alone so do not expect any results if you are not eating right and doing cardio. Personally I took this as a weight maintenance supplement and a morning energy drink and it performed ideally in my humble opinion. The hunger suppression in this product is spot on but unfortunately it has to much caffeine to take in the evening. I think they should consider using some of the ingredients and focusing on a night time formula because that is when most of us get the munchies. If I could forget about eating before going to bad this would be a revolutionary supplement that could corner it's own market (just a suggestion). I thank you for reading this and wish you to always stay full.

Advertisement:
    Members don't see ads: Join SR for Free

December 13, 2017

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Decent Thermogenesis
    • Good Mood Enhancement
    • Fat Loss

Whats up SR, I decided to review OptiBurn Amped because I had heard so much about OptiBurn when it first came onto the scene and I wanted to see if the latest version was worthy of the hype. I train hypertrophy style workouts and my cardio comes in the form of Muay Thai and Boxing, as well as the occasional HIIT or Metcon on the weekend if I'm feeling it. Shout out to Platinum Labs and the Trooper program for hooking me up!

Right out of the gate I see a fully disclosed ingredient panel, love that, wish every company would disclose everything, well done PL. I'll keep it short and sweet here with the cliffnotes and will attach the full panel below.

N-Aceytl L- Carnitine - 2g (massive dose)
      CLA - 500mg
      African Mango Seed Extract - 300mg
      Caffeine Anhydrous - 250mg
      Dandelion Root - 200mg
      Higenamine HCL - 50mg
      Synephrine HCL - 30mg

The flavour I received was "Aussie Summer" reminded me of an Arnold Palmer style drink, aka fantastic. Really enjoyed this flavour and was easy to drink either in large amounts of water or small. Mixability was great, no floaters or sinkers, but I also constantly shake my supplements. Dosing is one scoop per day, which I took either as an afternoon pick me up, or a pre cardio/ combat sports workouts.

I'll break this down into key categories to keep things simple.

Energy: A very smooth energy boost, no cracked out stim feelings or out of control heart rates, picked me up gently but most importantly put me down the same way (no crash). Very much enjoyed this as an afternoon pick me up, felt like it woke me up just enough to keep me pushing without having to worry about a hard crash.

Mood/ Focus: Felt a significant mood boost while taking this, it was similar to a DMHA elevated state feel, felt more confident (weird I know) and just overall in a better mood, especially at work which can be stressful.

Thermogenesis: Definite warming feeling pretty quickly after ingestion. When taken pre cardio that warm feeling quickly turned into a dripping sweat and forced me to bring a towel to my sessions. Very impressive because while there was the warming sensation when taken in the afternoons for a boost, there was no dripping of sweat which would have been very uncomfortable.

Diuretic: Overall I do feel tighter while I ran this product, I drink a lot of water at work so frequent bathroom breaks are common for me anyways, no issues there.

Appetite Suppressant/ Hunger: I honestly don't have issues with appetite suppression, so I cant say that this increased my lack of hunger as Im not a frequent eater normally.

Actual Weight loss: During my run of this product I went from 213 pounds down to 203, while I cant attribute all of that loss to a fat burner (I was running a pretty strict Keto diet), I can say that this was a factor in losing a few of the extra pounds towards the end via pushing me through tough workouts.

This product has a fantastic value. Each tub contains 45 servings (true servings) and retails for around $35-$40, at less then a dollar per serving and the fact that one scoop is a true serving, the value is fantastic

Side Effects

Increases in sweat, don't take too close to bed time obviously.

Conclusion

In conclusion this may be my new favourite fat burner, top to bottom a great product all around that manages to give the user well dosed ingredients and doesn't "pixie dust". Clean energy and the mood boost alone were enough to sell me, throw in the increases in sweat and the shrinking number on the scale and you have one impressed customer. Now consider that it doesn't break the bank and you have yourself a return customer, well done Platinum Labs, well done.

November 27, 2017

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Decent Thermogenesis
      • Good Mood Enhancement
      • Insane Energy

Hello, SR family! I'm at it again with another review. During my never ending quest to recomp, I've tried quite a few fat burners, and as many already know, fat burners are a crap shoot--hit or miss. Anyway, I was stoked to try Platinum Labs' Optiburn Amped because I had read so many good reviews on it. Thanks to Platinum Labs for supporting the TROOP Program. On to the review.

YES, a fully disclosed label!! Optiburn has 13 nicely dosed ingredients squeezed into its formula; each is supposed to attack fat from a different pathway. There are ingredients for thermogenesis, mood enhancement, appetite suppression, and energy. Some highlights: 250 mg of caffeine, 1.5 grams of taurine, 2 grams of ALC, and 30 mg of synephrine (Advantra Z brand). My only beef? Adding raspberry ketones. This is a Dr. OZ darling with absolutely no evidence on it with regards to weight loss or fat burning.

What makes Optiburn different from most other similar products is that it is a powder. Each tub contains 45 servings (1 scoop = 1 serving). Platinum Labs recommends one scoop per day, but i would take two on some days where I needed an extra boost. Mixing was a piece of cake. I just added one scoop to 12 ounces of water and stirred for about 30 seconds. No residue was left behind.

I had the Orange Mango flavor, and although the taste wasn't horrible, it wasn't gourmet either; maybe a 7.

I'll break down Optiburn's effectiveness based on what Platinum Labs claims.

Thermogenesis-
        I would take this in the morning, and feel quite a bit warmer within an hour.I would sweat profusely even when I walked for more than 5 minutes. Overall, Optiburn gets an 8.5/10 for thermogenesis.

Mood Enhancer
        This gave me a noticeable mood boost. I was cheerful for no reason at all! For Mood Enhancement, I gave it a 10/10.

Appetite Suppressant
        I work out first thing in the morning, usually before 6, so I was taking a scoop of Optiburn around 5 o'clock. My hunger pains didn't kick in until 9 or so, and even then, they were just mild. I would have to force myself to eat my post-workout meal.
        I gave it a 9.5/10 for appetite suppression.

Advanced Energy
        Optiburn gave me a clean energy boost. I wasn't stimmed out, and it wasn't a sudden energy burst. It was a nice, steady surge that lasted about 8 hours and then slowly subsided. For energy, Optiburn gets a 9/10

Diuretic
        I was definitely peeing more than normal, and I did look a little tighter, especially in the midsection. 8/10

Total Fat Loss
        So, my weight went from 221 to 217--not very impressive, right? Well, my waist went from 36 to 34.5, I had a greater level of detail and separation all over, and I was much more vascular...major veinage! 9/10

You can find Optiburn Amped at various online outlets for anywhere from 32-36 dollars. For an effective product that lasts 6 weeks, I'd say that it represents a great value.

Side Effects

Conclusion

In a market flooded with empty promises and fancy labels, Platinum Labs has a winner on its hands. This is easily my favorite fat burner, with Neco-Adipem taking the top spot as my favorite non-stim fat burner. The flavor could use a little work, but I'm just nit picking; it's palatable and it definitely works. I've ordered another tub.
        • Orange Mango: 7/10

August 28, 2016

Pros:
         Cons:
        • Decent Thermogenesis
        • Good Mood Enhancement
        • Some Mixability Issues

Fat burners have been a major part of my life recently. I did a major, long cut for my wedding. Then I tore my ACL. Since, I've continued the cut trying to get as lean as possible for my knee surgery scheduled in December. That being said, I've taken a ton of fat burners recently and some have been great, some have been ok, and some have really missed the mark. Platinum Labs OptiBurn AMPed was one of the best, here's why:

Awesome profile. Fully disclosed, which is a huge plus. I attached the supplement facts for you to view, but with 13 well dosed ingredients it really is a good profile. What I like about this is that they attack fat burning through a lot of different methods. Look, it's easy to just get stimmed out of your mind, make your heart race, and burn some calories. What I look for in a fat burner is long lasting energy, appetite suppression, mood enhancement, and metabolism support. This profile addresses those needs with buffered caffeine 250 mg), a full 2 grams of Carnitine, synephrine, higenamine, nelumbo Nucifera, African mango etc. Are there some ingredients I question? Yes...500 mg of CLA doesn't seem like it would do much, and raspberry ketones have questionable science, but this product is loaded with well known and innovative ingredients to attack fat burning in a lot of ways. Love the profile.

I had the peach flavor, and it was almost identical to the peace tea flavor of their OptiDreams product which is very subtle and nice. Mixability was pretty good, but with so many ingredients I did have some residue that I had to shake quite a bit. Dosing is suggested at one scoop first thing in the morning before a meal. I did play with the dosing some though, more on that later.

First, I do prefer powdered thermogenics, so I was happier taking this. An extra drink is just more satiating than popping some pills. The original Alphamine was incredible, and I always like the powdered Super HD and Liv hybrid. So, I feel powders just help me more. Also, as mentioned above, I don't want a fat burner to just stim me out, I expect more, and this delivered. First, the energy was great. Clean and long lasting. One scoop in the morning got me through my work day great. I did add an extra scoop on workout days, before cardio. My stim tolerance has always been high, and especially now that I've been cutting for so long taking stims I can handle it. I feel for most though, especially if you workout in the morning, one scoop will be just fine. Another great aspect for this fat burner is the mood enhancement. Cutting sucks and you can get pretty irritable, this helped a ton. Helped me stay positive. Appetitive suppression was superb, especially at two divided scoops. Kept my small meals and shakes consistent, but this helped alleviate those cravings. I have leaned out quite a bit over the past 6 months, but taking this I dropped another 12 lbs during the month run. This worked great for me.

Lowest I found this was $35 for 45 one scoop servings. Even though I doubled up on scoops some days, this still lasted me a month. Considering its effectiveness and my preference for powders, I would no doubt buy this again at this price point.

Side Effects

None, no crashing, no stomach issues.

Conclusion

With my beloved Alphamine reformulated, this is fighting for my top spot for fat burners. I would highly recommend this to anyone looking to shed some pounds.

9.1
          March 10, 2016

Pros:
         Cons:
        • Good Mood Enhancement
        • Decent Thermogenesis
        • No Proprietary Blends
        • Great Profile And Dosages
        • Dyes
        - Introduction -
        Throughout the duration of my usage of Platinum Labs OptiBurn, I was doing a simple 5x5 program and playing sports whenever I could. As for my diet I try to eat a lot of the following: fish, eggs, milk and greens. My eating pattern is an intermittent fasting one where my window starts at 2pm and ends around 10pm.

- Ingredient Profile -
        One of the things that has impressed me about Platinum labs is that they have no converted over to complete transparent labels. Originally they used prop blends like so many in this industry, however currently all the products they offer are openly dosed. Glancing at Optiburn's ingredients I am rather impressed with the ingredients they choose to use, as well as the dosage of them. Starting with one of my favorites they have 1.5 grams of Tuarine which is solid dosage, next I like the amount of caffeine they included at 250 milligrams. Its not too much, and not too little to give off the positive effects of caffeine without the negative ones. Another one they included and the only one I will gripe at is the Green Tea Leaf Extract at 200 milligrams, 500 would have been preferred, but other than that they did a pretty good job with the ingredients, dosage and transparency. Overall I give them a 8.5/10 for their ingredients.

- Taste -
        Got the watermelon flavor which seems to be their only drinkable flavor of any of their products. It has a decent taste, nothing great but not something you'll dread. Its not overly sweet like many, but has a nice even taste without too much. Overall this gets a 7/10 for taste.

- Mixability -
        1 scoop mixed with 15 oz of water, 3-4 shakes and it blended up really nice.

- Dosing -
        1 scoop coming out to a total of 8 grams a serving, with a total of 45 servings which means this last longer than most other supplements like this on the market.

- Effectiveness -
        Going to rate this from their claims off of their website, from top to bottom.

Thermogenesis -
        Did I feel warmer than normal? Yes. Did it make me sweat through my shirts? Almost. The thermogenesis effect was subtle, not in-your-face like some I have tried in the past. I would take this in the morning, and roughly an hour later I would noticed I felt warmer than usual, as well as the slightest exercise would make me bust out sweating. Overall I would give Thermogenesis a 8/10.

Mood Enhancer -
        Starting to wonder if Platinum labs is making dietary supplements, or anti-depressants because this gave me a noticeable mood boost. People around me even noticed that I seemed cheerier than normal(Being a pessimistic introvert means any bump in mood is noticed) and was more talkative as well. In terms of Mood Enhancement, this did a great job similar to that of their pre Defcon1. For Mood Enhancer I give this a 9/10.

Appetite Suppressants -
        Now I would take this in the morning usually between 7-8. My diet as stated above is an intermittent fasting type that begins at 2pm and ends at 10pm and have been doing this for over a year now. So taking that into consideration my body has become rather use to eating later in the day, and not feeling hunger pains till about 1-2pm. On days I took Optiburn I would not feel hungry usually that same day. That sounds extreme, however I am not a big eater, add that on top of the IF diet it simply takes a lot for myself to become hungry. The first day I took this I forgot to eat till about 8pm when I forced myself to eat to ensure I was getting some nutrients in. The appetite suppression from Optiburn worked a little too well on me, and my guess is because of my eating habits. On days I took this at 8am, the hunger would not set in till at least 9 or 10 if that even. Earlier dosages around 6am tended to hold the hunger at bay till about 7 usually. Taking that into account you can see that it worked on me from ingestion till hunger was about 12-13 hours normally. In order to ensure I did not lose a lot of muscle from the whole not wanting to eat, I starting imprementing calorie dense shakes into my daily routine since its easier to quickly chug a shake, than eat a pound of salmon and broccoli. Finally I would not expect these kinds of results if you have a big appetite or eat throughout the entirety of the day, but judging from the other reviews you can expect it work for decent amount of time. Overall I give this a 9.8/10 for appetite suppression.

Advanced Energy -
        You got energy, and some might say an abundance of it. The lasting time would be roughly 6-8 hours and after that it would go down hill, but not like a huge crash. More like a gradual downward slope of energy you could expect from most caffeine supplements. In terms of gym energy, it was solid but nothing spectacular. I took this a few times preworkout, but it made me miss beta alanine for that lactic acid buffering, but this is not a preworkout it is a fat loss supplement so that did not matter anyways. Energy gets a 7.7/10

As for their diuretic claim, I will not be going into that in detail mainly because I did not notice a difference nor did I expect to due to being on creatine at the same time.

Total Fat Loss -
        The most imporat part, did I lose fat? Or just weight in general? Simple answer, yes I did. Though not as much as you might expect. Started out at about 203lbs, and in 8 weeks I was at 200lbs. Not a big difference, right? Well I was thinking the same thing, and decided to compare my messurments from 8 weeks prior to now and this is where I realized that certain measurements went down, while other went up. Starting with my waist I went from a 38" waist to 36", and noticed my legs looked more toned than normal. Next my chest went up about .7", and felt more solid than previously as well as my arms gained .4". Again, my arms looked more "toned" and there was more separation in my shoulders, making my biceps look larger. This was a gradual change, because I would not have noticed it if I had not taken measurements.

Overall I think this is a top 5 fat loss product just based off of the effectiveness alone. I give this a 9.1/10 for total effectiveness.

- Value: 9/10
        45 total servings, and the best price currently is $32 from Illpumpyouup.com. I think that is a great price for a great product.

- Side Effects -

- Conclusion -
        Platinum labs came on my radar about 203 years ago when I saw a review for their Original Defcon1. Since then I have tried many of their products and have never been let down thus far. OptiBurn is just another example of Platinum Labs putting out a solid product. And I highly reccomend this to anyone looking for a great fat loss product, or appetite suppressant. Thanks to Platinum Labs for sending this out!
        • Watermelon: 7/10

Overall
        Overall
        8.9
        9.1
          February 29, 2016

Pros:
         Cons:
        • Good Mood Enhancement
        • Decent Thermogenesis
        • No Proprietary Blends
        • Great Profile And Dosages
        • Appetite Suppression

Big thanks to Platinum Labs for the opportunity to try this product. I had always been eyeing it on various websites and social media apps but for some reason never pulled the trigger. Thanks to them and to the TROOP program, I got the chance to give it a go. I am constantly trying different fat burners and thermos, of course with a little break in between them. I guess it says something about me if I feel like I have been needing a product like this for several years, but hey, I'm still happy with how far I have come in my weightlifting and exercising journey. On to the review!

As always, I love me some fully disclosed labels! And that is exactly what we have with this product. 12 ingredients clearly broken down on the label, many of which I consider "clutch" for the weight loss game. On top of full disclosure, I also feel like they are all dosed very well. I will attach a picture of the label to this review so you can all take a look (if I don't forget by the time I'm done reading), but here are some of the highlights in my non-professional opinion:

Buffered Caffeine: 250mg

I have looked around online to try and understand what buffered caffeine is compared to "regular" caffeine and I couldn't really find much. 250mg of caffeine is perfect for me, but for some reason it didn't feel like I was taking this much of it. I occasionally tried 2 scoops which would equal 500mg and in my past experience of having this much caffeine at once, this one wasn't the same. The energy was always very smooth and never overwhelming so I don't know if "buffered" caffeine has anything to do with that.

Acetyl L-Carnitine: 2000mg

I've always noticed positive effects taking ALC so I like the inclusion of it in this product. It has always helped me add just a little extra weight loss when dieting. And I like the amount they put in.

Green Tea Leaf Extract: 200mg

Another supplement I have always liked to take when trying to cut. One less thing I need to supplement on the side since they included it in here. I don't think many people will argue about green tea extract.

CLA: 500mg

Maybe just a tad bit underdosed but I'm still glad they put it in here. Something I take pretty consistently.

Advantra-Z (Synephrine): 30mg

The popular "replacement" if you will for ephedrine. I have noticed that many effective thermos and weight loss products are now including this. I have never taken it stand-alone so I'm not totally sure what its effects feel like.

Platinum Labs sent me the Watermelon flavor much to my delight. Always my favorite supplement flavor. This one did not let me down. The taste was incredibly refreshing in the morning. I would mix it with 12-18 ozs of cold water and the flavoring was perfect. Not too sweet and no aftertaste.

Mixability was always on point as well. Never any leftovers at the bottom of the shaker and minimum amount of foam after shaking.

Dosing was pretty easy for me on this one. I would take one scoop with cold water upon waking. I tend to work out in the morning so I did have to pay attention to how I would go about having this product and take a pre-workout. Luckily for me I was trying out a stim-free PWO at the time so it worked out nicely. But as I will talk about in the effectiveness section, I think you could have a very decent workout if you used this as your Pre in the morning.

This stuff was pretty much on point with all their claims. To put it in a nutshell, Platinum Labs claims increased energy, fast acting and mood enhancing. There are several other things they claim on the description such as water loss and appetite suppression. In terms of increased energy, it was 100% there and man was it nice. It never gave me a stimmed out feeling even at 2 scoops. This was the definition of smooth, clean energy that everyone always talks about. At least to me. As soon as I took this in the morning, I would just feel awake and not tired. It was pretty awesome. It was very fast-acting like they claim, especially in the morning on an empty stomach. I also felt the mood enhancing effects. Again, not overboard, but just a nice sense of well-being. I never experienced any type of crash with this product so that was awesome. I am usually pretty susceptible to crashes after taking heavy stim products, and it never happened with OptiBurn. I did try 2 scoops several times, but honestly did not notice too much of a difference to make it worth it. I never felt a severe thermo effect, just a mild one. No serious excess sweating, just a little bit warmer than usual.

One of my favorite things about this product was its appetite suppression for me when i would take it in the morning. It made fasting till noon or so extremely easy. It wasn't so crushing that I just didn't want to eat, it just made it easy to not eat if that makes sense.

As far as weight loss goes, I lost around 6 lbs while I was using OptiBurn which i will take any day of the week. I used for just over 30 days but I wasn't aggressively cutting, just trying to eat well and stick to my workout plan.

As Kalans said, it shows up on Muscle and Strength but is out of stock and BB.com lists it as coming in April. I looked around a little more and found it to be out of stock everywhere except Illpumpyouup.com. They had it listed for $32 before shipping, but it was showing as 30 servings, which is weird because I think they only make it in 45 servings. I ordered it anyway so I will let you all know what shows up in the mail. The average price seems to be around $38 which comes out to $0.84 / serving. I'm fine with this price point. At one scoop a day you get a month and a half. This puts it above average value in my opinion. And you know what you're getting thanks to the disclosed label.

Side Effects

None at all! Yahtzee!

Conclusion

Cutting season is upon us and I think anyone would really enjoy this product. It goes without saying that it isn't any type of miracle drink that will just make you lose weight with no effort. But if you are putting forth a strong effort to shed some pounds, I think you will find that this product will assist you greatly. I try to stay on an intermittent fasting type schedule as much as I can, especially because it helps me cut calories, and this product really, really helped me stick to it. Like I already said, I just ordered another tub. Thank you Platinum Labs and SR.com for letting me try this out!
          • Watermelon: 10/10

February 26, 2016

Pros:
           Cons:
          • Insane Energy
          • Good Mood Enhancement
          • Decent Thermogenesis
          • GMP
          • No Proprietary Blends
          • Great Profile And Dosages
          • Dyes
          Introduction + Supplement Facts
          Fat Burners do not solve the puzzle, but rather help solve it a little more quickly.. It comes to no surprise to know that I a Endomorph Body Type would be interested in a short cut to help lose those unwanted pounds of fat. Much like those Ectomorphs want the short cut to put the weight on, yet there isn't a supplemental answer but rather the cure is to eat more food! I have had my fair share of Fat Burners in the past including Ephedra (without knowing about it), and the dreaded Hoodia.. More or less I have had my experience loosing weight, keep in mind I did not say fat! On two separate occasions I lost 75lbs and 65lbs respectfully. I obviously lost a tremendous amount of muscle in the process, but this was before I got into the bodybuilding mindset which meant I was more than happy with it. With the proper diet/nutrition, exercise, activity level, and supplementation I was able to achieve the goal of total weight loss.. But guess what? It all came back both times!

There are 13 active ingredients to this profile, all of which are consistently dosed near if not fully to what is needed and expected. I really liked this formulation, and there is more active ingredients in 1 serving than in any pill on the market. In total you have 6.130g of active ingredients per 8g scoop, can you imagine taking that many pills? Have you had a 1g pill before? It is really really tough, and typically you wouldn't see the dosages this high anyways. Some interesting ingredients include: Horsetail Stem Extract (Equisetum), Dandelion Root Extract (Taraxacum), African Mango Extract, Nelumbo Nucifera Seed Extract, CLA included also, and Acetyl L-Carnitine to name a few. Everything is fully disclosed, no proprietary blends which is great of Platinum Labs and overall I am very satisfied with this profile!

Taste + Mixability + Dosing
          Watermelon was the flavor requested and sent, and it was so much better than Defcon1 in regards to flavoring on all levels! It tastes very sweet, which I had adjusted with more water for my liking. The mixability was really good actually, with some foam that settles quickly and a little sediment that forms on the bottom but was rather minimal. There wasn't any directions for the amount of water to use, but for the image I used around 10 ounces which is a bit too sweet for me and I found around 20 ounces was best tasting. Dosing a Fat Burner can be difficult if you want to continue using a Pre-Workout, because of the tolerance you build up with the stimulants. For me I was able to take this product almost every day, but it did pose some difficulty for taking it in conjunction with my Pre-Workouts. I was able to utilize the Fat Burner several hours Post Workout, but on some days I used it simply as a Pre-Workout as well. I started taking 1 scoop initially, but towards the end I would take it in the morning and midday on many separate occasions (not always). So dosing was mostly once a day in the AM post workout or before work, and midday on the several occasions I took it at work in addition to the AM dose.

Effectiveness 8.6/10
          My diet and exercise routine had stayed consistent for the majority of this product, but eventually I started back up on my 3 day gym rotation/split. I work 12 hour shifts at a hospital and thus I am on my feet the majority of the day. I typically am walking or standing for the most of the day, so my activity is moderate but not exertive. The first claim by Platinum Labs is the Thermogenesis (Thermo) effect: I will say that initially I was sweaty throughout most of the day, from my chest and arms all the way to my shins. My feet felt sweaty so often that I had to "freshen" my shoes on many occasions, because they simply did not smell good.. Of course this is a beneficial and desired effect, which proved to be even more acceptable when I use it as a "Pre-Workout". Eventually as all things do, it didn't last a long but was still moderate towards the end. Onto the Mood Enhancer, which was quite enjoyable. The focus coming from all the stimulants was pretty dang strong, which had me quite surprised being my experience with Defcon1 wasn't fully enjoyable at 1 scoop requiring 2. There were many occasions where the Euphoric Rush did come on, but never too strong yet my I felt I needed to take some deeeeep breaths when things got really busy at work.

I haven't really had any success or issues with keeping an appetite while using any type of fat burner, but really even if I did I would force myself to eat due to wanting to lose fat not just total weight (ie muscle too). So to say the least I did feel a very mild appetite suppression, but nothing that would make me not eat one of my many scheduled meals. Energy is one of the most effective aspects of this product, really really good! To be fair I haven't had a Fat Burner in the past year that wasn't great with Energy, and OptiBurn was no different yet still potent/powerful. The energy rush was carried over for several hours if not most of the days, but towards the end I did feel a slight slip or tolerance build up where the energy lost some of its edge near the end. But for the most part I was surprised because after I finished the product I actually didn't have the dreaded post fat burner mid-day crash! So while there was some tolerance build up, the dependency fact wasn't an issue! I maintained a 50% Carb 30% Protein 20% Fat macro based diet, yet I did cycle some low carb days in there. While the carb count was low I did see less water retention in my mid-section, but I wouldn't necessarily say that it was purely effective at Diuresis. In the end I found that while maintaining my macro's I did lose a total of 3.45lbs total weight, and being that I had maintained the same diet and exercise routine previous to taking this product I found it in deed to be effective.

Value 8/10
          This product does have many version(s) floating around, but it appears Muscle and Strength does have it in 45 servings for $40, but it appears to be out of stock. Bodybuilding.com seems to have it as a "coming soon" product, so I wasn't able to really find the cheapest price point for this. So on a price per serving it costs $0.89, which is ok of a price being that the ingredients and their dosages are much greater than other fat burners out there (not saying that more ingredients are necessarily better).

Overall Conclusion
          Wowza! I definitely feel this is a good quality fat burner powder, and it isn't overly saturated in the market for the powdered form fat burners. I would recommend this product, but ultimately it comes down to your diet and exercise that will either make this product shine or rain! I wasn't expecting this product to be effective, let alone the almost insane energy/focus that I had felt! I applaud Platinum Labs for this product and the formulation, the taste, full disclosure of the ingredients, and for sending this one out to SR for me to review!
          • Watermelon: 9/10