AminoLean Reviews

By: RSP Nutrition

Amino Acids > BCAA/EAA
AminoLean is a BCAA/Intra-Workout manufactured by RSP Nutrition. BCAA is short for branched chain amino acids. They are the building blocks of protein and can increase protein synthesis, muscle recovery and endurance during workouts and have also been shown to reduce body fat.
5.6

3.0
  July 31, 2017

Cons:
  • Taste
  • Ineffective Doses
  • No Fat Loss
  • No Energy
---Introduction---

Thank you to the folks at RSP and the SR Troops program for the opportunity to try RSP's product Amino Lean. This product contains ingredients that could be used for recovery, energy and fat loss. My staple supplements always include one for energy, and one for recovery-BCAA's.

Apologies for the late review.

Why I selected this product:

The 3 headed ingredient profile in this product is what intrigued me and it's been a while since I have tried such a formula.

---Ingredient Profile---

I am not going to provide a detail on the 20 ingredients listed on the label, as previous reviewers have done a great job in covering these already.

Amino Acid Blend 5 grams- contains your staple bcaa's and l-arginine, l-glutamine, just to name a few
Thoughts: Prop blend, which appears to be under dosed all around, with the 14 ingredients in this blend.

Fast Loss 1.5 grams-CLA, L-Carnitine L -Tartrate, Green Tea Extract and Coffee Bean Extract
Thoughts: Another prop blend that appears to be under dosed. Especially for the CLA and L Carnitine Tartrate, 1.5grams
could be an effective does each

Energy and Focus 130 mg Caffeine from Green Tea and Theobromine
Thoughts: Clearly under dosed based on just the two ingredients listed here

---Taste/Mixability/Dosing---

Taste:
I had the blackberry pomegranate. The taste was delicate, definitely not over powering, or overly sweet. Just a hint of flavor would best describe it. It was a refreshing flavor for me.

Mixability:
I mixed this either in a 24 ounce shaker or in a 16 ounce plastic water bottle. Mixing was excellent, no residue and it seemed to dissolve effortlessly into the water.

Added ice cubes in the shaker.

Dosing:

1 scoop in the above water amounts.

I took this as a pre-workout and didn't exceed this amount for 30 days, as I wanted to stay within the 1 a day serving size.

Overall a big MEH.

Energy- just wasn't enough. I train at 4:30 or 5am 3 days per week and I require a nice kick to get me going at my age. The product fell short here. I felt a cup of 10 ounce coffee has a better result than this product.

Recovery-I didn't feel any speedier recovery or reduction in doms etc, but hopefully there was some underlying benefit to the product. Some BCAA products I have felt working in the past and some I did not.

Fat Loss- No noticeable leaning aspects of this product whatsoever. I have taken L-Carnitine on its own and have noticed a leaning effect, but at much higher dosages. The fat loss concept of this product was most disappointing, in terms of the amount of ingredients.

---Value---

The product can be purchased on Amazon as of this review, $16 for 30 servings. Value is based on effectiveness and based on my lack of effectiveness, I am not sure I would spend $16, or 53 cents per day, for something that was ineffective.

---Side Effects---

No side effects

---Conclusion---

Overall this was an under dosed product in which no physical positive effects were experienced. Hopefully, there was some underlying benefit to my muscles with the amino blend, however the energy and fat loss blends fell flat.

Possibly this would be deemed a "beginner" product, for someone that is just starting out in the gym or very sensitive to stimulants.
  • Blackberry Pomegranite: 8/10

Overall
Overall
4.5
  June 14, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Affordable
  • Blends
  • Not A Lot Of Energy
  • Ineffective Doses
  • Low BCAA Dosage No Increase In Recovery

I am 37 years old and lift 5-6 days a week in the Gym. I take BCAAs very serious, because to me they truly do reduce my recovery time and aid in diminishing DOMS. Without the aid of an effective BCAA product, I suffer from DOMS given that I spend half the week on strength training and the other half of the week doing Hypertrophy, it all adds up! I received RSP Amino Lean by accident when I signed up to review a tub of Fast Fuel. RSP of course re sent out the Fast Fuel, so I got the benefit of trying this one out as well. Technically this is not my first TROOPer mission review, but its close and I wanted to of course say THANK YOU to RSP and SR for making this happen! Now, formalities out of the way, on to the honest review:

Oh the dreaded Prop Blends. The ingredient list on Amino Lean are a combination of 3 different proprietary blends. There is the Amino Acid Blend, Weight Management Blend, and the Natural Energy and Focus Blend. Lets go over these one by one with the sub ingredients in each. Keep in mind the serving size here is 2 scoops, so this is per 2 scoops.

The overall Amino Acid blend contains 5,000mg of the 3 x BCAAs and 11 other Amino Acids. I prefer the standard 2:1:1 ratio of BCAAs alone with a minimum of 5g (that seems to be the sweet spot for me), but this has 5g of a whole lot of other amino acids as well. Not to make this review complete overkill, but I went ingredient by ingredient so I could try and understand RSP's mindset of adding such a blend here.

Leucine/Isoleucine/Valine: Branch Chain Amino Acids, Leucine is there to burn fat, Isoleucine increases endurance and aids in recovery, and Valine promotes normal growth, repairs tissues, and provides the body with energy. Since these are 3 of 14 ingredients in this blend, I can surmise that this is severely under dosed for a BCAA/EAA product.
Taurine: Conditional Amino Acid (can be manufactured by the body) said to treat congestive heart failure, high blood pressure, liver disease, ADHD, and diabetes. This feels like a filler for this products purpose.
Beta-Alanine (Carnosyn): Non Essential Amino Acid that may aid in improving athletic performance and exercise capacity and building lean muscle mass. I never felt the tingles using this, no matter the dosage, so this is also under dosed.
Glutamine: Amino Acid used to aid in recovery and digestive issues.
Citrulline: Non Essential Amino Acid that boosts Nitric Oxide (NO) in the body.
Arginine: Amino Acid that converts into NO and stimulates the release of the Growth Hormone, insulin and other substances in the body.
Tyrosine: Amino Acid that helps aid in mental alertness
Histidine: Amino Acid involved in a wide range of metabolic processes in the body.
Lysine Hydrochloride: Essential Amino Acid typically used to build muscle protein and aid in recovery.
Phenylalanine: Amino Acid that is said to improve focus
Threonine: Amino Acid typically used to treat nervous system disorders. The AA changes into Glycine in the body and works in the brain to reduce constant and unwanted muscle contractions.
Methionine: Amino Acid to help prevent liver damage.

The Weight Management Blend totals 1,500m and includes:
CLA Powder: Group of chemicals found in fatty acid linoleic acid that may help reduce body fat deposits and improve immune function. If you take CLA by itself you would range from 800mg to 2.4g daily, so this is one component of 4, so while intentions are good here, its likely under dosed.
Carnitine Tartrate: Amino Acid to help the body produce energy
Green Tea Extract: Improve mental alertness and thinking
Green Coffee Extract: Coffee beans that have not been roasted; aid in weight loss because it affects how the body handles blood sugar and metabolism

The Natural Energy and Focus blend contain 130mg of Caffeine and Theobromine. The two products used in conjunction with one another stimulates your nervous system, keeping you more alert and awake. It is possible this combination can also make you agitated and more anxious, though I had none of these issues, something to keep in mind to those sensitive to caffeine, though this is a very low dose equaling about a cup of coffee.

The blends here seem to be trying to do way to much and there is no strict focus here. While most of the ingredients are nice additions to have, they are all very under dosed to truly be effective, we will get to effectiveness down below. To me, RSP could have just taken this blend of ingredients and made multiple products, giving them the ability to up the dosage of each instead of trying this all in one product. Overall, since these are all prop blends and under dosed I give the ingredient profile a 4 out of 10, and to me that is almost being generous, but there was nothing truly unsafe in here, and the intentions were good.

Taste: I received the Blackberry Pomegranate. Its not a bad flavor at all, not sweet and is subtle, so you can drink it easily. The taste will not excite you either but very drinkable.
Mixability: Mixes real easily, no issues here at all. I mixed this by itself and with Green Vibrance as well as Super Carb on different occasions and never had any issues.
Dosing: The Label reads "Mix 2 scoops of AminoLean in 8-10 fl oz of cold water." Yup no issues here very simple. There is also a chart on the label showing # of servings, # of scoops based off the energy intensity. The recommended use are still 2 scoops, with lower doses (2 scoops) in the evenings and higher doses in the mornings or on training days. You can dose this anywhere from 2-6 scoops, but not to exceed 8 scoops in a 24 hour period. I tried 1 serving (2 scoops) and 2 servings (4 scoops) at different times, which we will talk about in the effectiveness.

Overall, I do not think this product did anything for me at all. At least nothing that I noticed. With such low dosages and trying to be an all in one product, you almost have to supplement this supplement with something else and with higher doses to be effective. I will talk effectiveness from the product claims and how I tried to dose this.

Support Lean Muscle Recovery: As long as I was taking another supplement that contained BCAAs with this, it worked fine, but as a stand alone BCAA supplement it did not do anything for me, and DOMS kicked my butt leading me to longer recovery periods.

Build Lean Muscle, Increase Energy & Endurance, and Burn Fat: I experienced none of these effects at all.

Taken Intra Workout: I initially took AminoLean to replace my Intrablast, as I enjoy drinking my BCAAs intraworkout. I combined this with NutraBio Super Carb during my workouts and had no real noticeable effects at all. I did however experience a crash post workout which I attribute to the caffeine I got from taking Pre-Jym PWO and more added caffeine during the workout. I was only taking 1 dose (2 scoops), but after two workouts like this I had to move how I dosed this so i could actually function at work during the day, since I workout first thing in the morning.

Mid-Day with Green Vibrance: I moved to taking this around 3pm in the afternoon to mix in with my Green Vibrance, since I typically mix BCAA to hide the god awful Green Vibrance taste. It does a good job at masking the taste, but again I felt no energy boost at all, even mid day.

2 servings or 4 scoops: I tried Intra workout at 4 scoops and mid day at 4 scoops. Intraworkout i took the 4 scoops alone, no PWO no Super Carb, and again felt nothing, not even beta alanine tingles. Mid day at 4 scoops, same verdict, nothing.

Since I got this free, I had to do some Google-Fu to check the prices on this. Currently you can get it from bodybuilding.com for $19.97 for 30 servings (67 cents a serving) and get a second container at 50% off. Amazon has similar price point without the special. All in all its a nice cheap Amino Acid product, but I take this section as not just value monetarily but are you getting what you pay for. I personally would not buy this product, nor can I recommend you do the same. Yes its cheap, but with no effectiveness, its paying for nothing in my opinion.

Side Effects

None at all.

Conclusion

All in all, this product had absolute zero effect on me, and caused me to crash and be very tired taken in conjunction with a PWO and first thing in the morning. I appreciate the opportunity to review this product, but I cannot recommend this to anyone. Of course, keep in mind everyone reacts differently to supplements so this is not a one size fits all situation, but this did not work for me. I see what RSP is trying to do here with this 3 in 1 product, but its very low dosed to be effective at anything. Its barely a jack of all trades and definitely not a master of one. I would like to see the blends moved to stand alone products and their dosage moved up to really be effective.

May 3, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Affordable
  • Has Aminos
  • Blends
  • Not A Lot Of Energy
  • Ineffective Doses
  • No Fat Loss

First off, thank you to RSP for making Amino Lean available to use troops! Secondly, I apologize for the delayed review. Finals week has been absolutely destroying me. Nonetheless, here is my Amino Lean review!

Amino lean is comprised of three separate blends, Amino Acid Blend, Fat Loss Blend, and Natural Energy and Focus Blend. I don't despise blends completely, but for an amino I'd rather see the typical 2:1:1 dosage. The Amino Blend is 5,000mg of our typical aminos along with citrulline, beta alanine, and a few other ingredients thrown in. I'll take about this more in the effectiveness section, but if you want a preview, I did not feel anything. The Fat Loss Blend 1,500mg of CLA, green tea extract, and green coffee bean extract. First off, once again we do not know the exact dose of each, so this is already coming in under-dosed. Personally, I feel they should take all these extra add-ins out and focus on correct dosing of aminos, that will give it some potential, maybe.

Taste:

I asked for and received the blackberry pomegranate flavor of Amino Lean, so again, thank you to RSP. I wasn't sure what to expect for this flavor, figuring it would be either waaaaay to sweet or not sweet enough. RSP did a good job with the flavor, I felt it was just right, not to overpowering, yet just sweet enough. It tasted how blackberry pomegranate should, in my opinion.

Mixability:

Amino Lean mixed well in my blender bottle (no wire whisk ball used). No foaming. Crisp. Very slight residue at the bottom of shaker after consumption, almost non-existent. I feel like every product leaves a smidgen of residue behind though, for the most part.

Dosing:

I used Amino Lean two ways, either one dose upon waking up or as an intra workout. At first I was just using one scoop, because the tub has 30 servings. The actual serving size is 2 scoops, so I bumped it up after the first few days when I realized I was only taking 1/2 a dose.

While taking Amino Lean I had no noticeable differences in recovery time, DOM's, or endurance. There were no increases in energy while taking this product, but I did not expect to see much there. The energy and focus blend comprised of caffeine from green tea and thebromine was unnoticeable, which leads me to add that I experienced no increase in mental focus during workouts. I've been cutting losing 1-1.5lbs per week but I contribute this all to diet. Amino Lean has a fat loss blend but I've been dieiting since January and this product did not increase or decrease my weekly results, they have stayed steady throughout the past 5 months. Overall, I felt like I was drinking flavored water and nothing more.

Alright, for 30 servings amino Lean comes in at $19.97 on BodyBuilding.com, with the option of Buy 2 Get 1 Free (select flavors). Not a terrible deal, but if you're looking for effectiveness, I'd look elsewhere. If you just want to flavor your water up, this is something that may attract you.

Side Effects

I had one side effect while taking this. This only occurred when I dosed this first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. Once consuming a dose of Amino Lean, about 15-20 minutes later, I would have to rush to the bathroom. Personally, I've never had product that has done this to me, besides Detoxn8, but it's supposed to clear you out. This was the main reason I stopped taking it in the morning. When dosed as an intra workout there were absolutely no problems.

Conclusion

Truthfully, I wouldn't pick this up again, not even if I was in a bind for some cheap aminos. They buy 2 get one free is the only appealing aspect of this product to me. They need to revamp their formula.

5.5
  April 27, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Affordable
  • Has Aminos
  • Blends
  • Not A Lot Of Energy
  • Ineffective Doses

First I would like to thank RSP for sending Amino Lean out, and the SR TROOP's program for making the connection possible. This particular amino supplement I wasn't to happy with once I read the label after receiving it, and I even ended up mixing other BCAA's in towards the end just to make sure I was getting enough for muscle retention. Definitely underdosed product that needs some tweaking to be a good product. Good idea but cheap execution.

The Amino proprietary blend is only 5g's, this alone is close to what the BCAA's should equal on their own, but instead we got beta alanine, taurine, and other aminos thrown in to see what sticks. It's so low I didn't feel any type of skin tingle from beta alanine, and I feel it when having only 1g in a product. Severely underdosed and seems to be more a ploy to sucker poor people trying to lean into buying this product.

The fat loss blend is 1,500mg, which again isn't the greatest considering what ingredients you have such as CLA, green tea, and green coffee bean extract. The 130mg energy and focus blend was not noticeable. Just really can't say I was too impressed seeing a crap load of different amino's being jammed into one blend with only 5g's to work with.

Taste was at least pretty good. I received the watermelon flavor that was almost perfect and mixed very well. Dosing was 4 scoop throughout workout overtime, but started off just doing 2 scoops for intra workout consumption.

Nearly all properly dosed BCAA supplements I've used were noticeable in recovery and helping during workout. While using this I just didn't have this right feeling in the muscles and just kept wondering if I should just add more aminos in. Basically over time I did do that and ended up feeling better and lifting for a bit longer. The energy was never really felt and don't believe I can credit any fat loss to the blends in this product.

$19.97 on various websites is a decent deal for 30 servings of amino acids. Seems to be the more common amount now, but for amount of nutrients in this I don't feel it's worth that much even with it being cheaper.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Definitely tasted awesome, but when it came to working good it just fell short. Even felt I wasn't retaining muscles which is just not a good thought indeed. RSP isn't a bad company and I like several supplements, but this particular product was useless for me.
  • Watermelon: 8/10

April 15, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Some Energy
  • Has Aminos
  • Ineffective Doses

A thanks to RSP Nutirtion for their participation here on SR.com. Today, I discuss their BCAAs energy formula Amino Lean. Amino lean is supposedly formulated with ingredients that create a favorable effect towards energy, endurance, and fat loss. I've used BCAAs plenty of times and combined them with other products such as PWOs, creatine, protein, etc. I like the idea of using something that is both flexible to use and effective where it needs to be.

But is Amino Lean a product that is effective where it needs to be?

My first immediate complaint, much like the reviewers before me have pointed out, is the presence of not one but two prop blends. I despise prop blends with a passion even though they may not always be a deal breaker.

First we have a 5g quantified Amino blend consisting of the well known BCAAs, other essential amino acids, beta alanine, and taurine. At 5g, I don't even have to explain as to how clearly there is some serious under-dosing here. 5g alone is just barely sufficient for beta alanine itself, but you're supposed to divide that 5g among an array of other ingredients with high range dosage protocols of their own? Fail....

Second, we have a 1,500mg fat loss blend containing CLA, LCLT, and green tea. Again, under-dosing is very apparent here.

Finally, 130mg of a natural energy and focus blend consisting of theobromine and green tea derived caffeine.

Rsp Nutrition states to not take more than 8 scoops (4 servings) in on day. If you removed the caffeine and made this a product solely as a BCAAs oriented one with some extras, than I can confidently say that at those dosage blends, I would take that many servings just in efforts to get the benefits of the amino acids. Of course that would mean the product would last a little over a week.

Overall, good ingredients, but simply not sufficiently dosed.

I received the blackberry pomegranate and I personally enjoyed. it wasn't too sweet, tart, or chemical like. Mixability was a little sediment containing, but not too bad.

For an initial week and a half, I tried Amino Lean alone to assess it's effects. I mixed two scoops and took it about 15 minutes pre workout. Following the initial week and a half, I added the two scoop serving to a serving of Radiate and created a pre workout concoction of my own.

When used alone, Amino Lean did little in terms of what it is touted to do. The energy I got was about similar to that of a medium cup of coffee. Endurance and intra workout integrity was unchanged for the most part and I saw no real fat utilization effect.

When combined as a compliment with a pre workout like Radiate, it seemed to work better as it helped to act as a synergist with the ingredients in Radiate, or probably any other pre workout. I could actually feel the beta alanine tingles this time and the energy was more apparent.

However, since the review is strictly focused on Amino Lean, I have to say that the product alone fell very short in several areas.

A 30 serving tub is about 20 dollars. Pretty cheap so as Vaughn pointed out, I guess you get what youy pay for. Still, the product's lackluster beneficial factors would most likely have you looking elsewhere even if it means throwing down a few extra dollars,

Side Effects

Conclusion

In conclusion, Amino Lean simply missed all the marks I was expecting it to provide some notable benefit in. The under-dosed prop blends and lack of desired effects will have me unlikely to invest ini the product regularly and have me going to grab something better. The ingredients are definitely good additions, but RSP needs some major dosage overhauls.

WARMACHINE OUT!!!

GO BRUINS!!!

Overall
Overall
5.1
5.6
  April 14, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Amino Complex
  • Good Ingredients
  • Blends
  • Not A Lot Of Energy
  • Ineffective Doses

Hey SR, time to review a product by RSP called Amino Lean. Amino acids are always a staple of mine as I use them to enhance my recovery. This has been especially important as I have. Even cutting and trying to do a lot of fasted cardio, where I am hoping these aminos can preserve my muscle during these workout sessions. I have tried a ton of these supplements and unfortunately this just didn't stack up. Details below.

This ingredient profile tries to keep up with the energy amino trend, but I feel the profile falls short. It's a prop. Lend first and foremost which is disappointing. The amino acid blend is a total of 5 grams, which is standard for most amino products. However, the 5 grams are split with taurine, Beta Alanine, BCAAs, and EAAs, so the actual amounts of these ingredients are very underdosed. The fat loss blend is 1.5 g and consists of cla, carnitine, green tea, and green coffee bean. Once again, solid ingredients for some fat loss support the doses just don't add up to be effective as cla and carnitine are needed in much higher doses. Lastly, you receive 140 mg of naturally occurring energy from the green tea and Theombine. I actually like this as most people would stack this with a preworkout so a smooth acting natural caffeine would be ideal here for me. First impression off of ingredients is good ideas, not executed well at all.

I received the fruit punch flavor and it was ok. Not bad but nothing to write home about either a little too sweet. I did feel the dyes were pretty heavy on this and not necessary. Dosing is two scoops anytime for recovery and energy, I took intraworkout most days, sometimes as a wake. E up in the morning non workout days. Mixability was a little gritty and I had to reshake often.

As I am upping the intensity of my workouts from ACL reconstruction, I am beginning to get more sore and pushing myself. I was hoping this product would help me through some of the DOMS, especially for my legs as I am working on atrophy of my left leg and increasing cardio. Unfornutalely, at two scoops the DOMS just seemed to persist a lot longer than normal. With some other amino recovery prodcts the DOMS would subside after two days, where with this is would last quite a bit longer. I did up the scoops to three on some occasions, but this did cause some slight stomach discomfort and some nausea. The energy of this supplement also seemed to fall short. I did not seem to receive extended energy throughout my cardio sessions as I have with other similar products like Amino Tone + Energy, and even when I took in the morning it didn't seem to do the trick. Overall, this just didn't work very well for me, and this was even the case when I stacked it with another one of their recovery products Glutagen. Disappointing.

This is very cheap, at $20 for 30 servings. But I guess you get what you pay for, as more experienced lifters probably will need more than 2 scoops to see the benefits and then the value does not appear as their are much cleaner and better products at that price point.

Side Effects

Nausea at 3 scoops.

Conclusion

There's just better options out there. Better profiles and at a price point where you won't miss saving a couple dollars with this.

Overall
Overall
6.4
6.7
  April 13, 2017

• Light Headed
What's up SR! I would like to thank RSP and the Troopers for allowing me to try Amino Lean. Since I have been seeing more and more companies start releasing energy infused amino products, when Amino Lean came out for the Troopers, I decided to give it a run; I am a user of Aminos while working out and sipping during the day on non-workout days; at my age, recovery is my best friend. So how did the Amino Lean run go? Let's find out.

Right off the back, Amino Lean is one big proprietary blend, which breaks down in the following order:

Amino Acid Blend - There is 5000 mg, which includes L-Taurine, Leucine, L-Valine and so on; there is no way how much of each ingredients is in this section. In the past, I have research where typically, the 1st ingredient listed in a blend is the one that is dosed the highest.

Fat Loss Blend - There is 1500mg of this, which includes CLA, Green Tea Extra, and L-Carnitine & L-Tartrate. This is pixy dust, the minimum dose for CLA to even be effective is over 3 grams, which still takes a while for the body to take full effect of CLA; this is beyond under dosed.

Natural Energy - 130 mg, which is where it discloses the caffeine amount.

Taste - This was okay, you will need a little extra water to avoid any chalk stuck in the back of your throat.

Mix - This mixed okay, just give it an extra shake and you will be able to get all of it down.

Dosing - This was a chess match to play with; I see why they recommend up to 8 scoops a day, I will elaborate more in the effectiveness section.

This was a cat and mouse for me, I know that everyone reacts different to supplements, for me, in order for me to feel anything, I needed 3 scoops. Due to the change in my career path, I now workout in the evenings during the week, so to avoid not being able to fall asleep, I have to use low stim pre-workouts. The reason I did not give Amino Lean a "Red NO" not to recommend, was due to the fact that I was able to do my total body workouts, with a decide amount of energy (3 Scoops), and be able to fall asleep. If you are a stim junky, you will need to take 8 scoops to feel anything.

As for the fat burning properties of Amino Lean, I did not see any difference in weight or inches on my body; to me, it was nonexistent. Using Amino Lean for the BCAA properties, the recovery factor was minimal at best, I tried not to use more than 3 scoops on non-workout days, to really gauge the product; I still did not benefit from the reduction of DOMS from the previous night's workout.

Value - At around $20.00, if you are able to just use 2 scoops, then it is a great value; however, if you are using 4 scoops and higher, then the value gets tossed out the window.

Sides - I did get an odd side once in a while, I felt a little light headed

Conclusion

At the end of the day, RSP may need to go back and make changes to Amino Lean. 1st of all, they need to be more transparent on the amount of ingredients are in Amino Lean. I think the concept is there, a BCAA product that helps burn fat; however, the blend is off, since burning fat was not one of the effects I received from Amino Lean. I would like to thank RSP again for the opportunity.

Overall
Overall
5.3
5.4
  April 9, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Makes You Not Want To Eat
  • Affordable
  • Blends
  • Not A Lot Of Energy

Welcome to Part 1 of the 3 part final series of Gilla's Goodbye Gala at SR.com. The GGG series will not be in an entertaining writing style, as I've done for years here, apologies to my 1 or 2 fans of this style in the last six and a half years.

As stated in a previous review, I'm in the process of training for a half marathon, so I'm trying to shed some weight in the next 5 weeks (and previous couple...). I took a standalone Garcinia Cambogia product and EVL's ENGN Shred in conjunction with this product.

The bummer here is Blend city.

To start, the "Amino blend" is only 5G. Normally, 5G is the norm for BCAA products, in the BCAA department. However, Amino Lean also has "other stuff" in the amino blend, like Taurine, Beta Alanine, Glutamine and other EAAs, in addition to the BCAAs. Beta Alanine is obviously effective at 3G, Glutamine at 5G...so, to even start, this whole "blend" is underdosed.

Next is the "Fat Loss blend" at 1.5G, complete with CLA, Carnitine, Green Tea and Green Coffee. I think an effective dose of CLA is 1 to 2 G "per serving" a few times a day, so it's POSSIBLE that this is the product's first effective dose per serving. Carnitine is also at 1 or so grams for effective levels. There's probably not much Green Tea or Coffee left in the blend.

Last is the "Energy Blend" with "natural caffeine" at 125 mgs.

Also, I'm not a fan of "two scoop" servings to psychologically try and trick the consumer into thinking they are getting more product. Just make the scooper bigger, thanks.

I received Watermelon. Watermelon is traditionally "eh" for me. It's either a home run or a complete mehfest. This was a mehfest. It was sort of chalky and at the same time "strong". I think I prefer the Jolly Rancher style flavor of Watermelon. Not bad, but not good here.

Mixability...there was some settling at the bottom, but I'm a man, so I just shook it again.

Doses were done in a variety of ways, will touch on below.

I'll start by saying, unlike some reviews for BCAA products, I don't use BCAAs from the TROOPer program because "lol it's free! so I took 12 scoops a day", I use them as a normal person would if they were buying the product and as suggested on the label. I changed up my program from lifting four days a week with 1-2 days of cardio to cardio 5 days a week and an "upper body" and "lower body" day for lifting, which were followed by cardio.

One use for this product was one serving as an afternoon "pick me up" for my second workout or a lunch time drink after a morning's worth of cardio (where I used a thermo with 300+ mgs of caffeine before Shred). With that, 125 mg of caffeine should give me a decent boost...I cannot say that was necessarily the case. I understand the energy element was "natural" from green tea, but I didn't get that big of a boost when using this...like at all. I've used pill forms of Green Tea/EGCG previously that would advertise at 65mg of caffeine that I felt a bigger boost from than this product. Big Ron's Amino Tone + Energy has the same advertised source and I felt a much better jolt from RCSS's product. I'd say this gave me about 40-50 mgs of caffeine if I were to ballpark it.

Another use for this product, was on off days. How I took that, was one serving during the morning at my desk at 8 AM, one serving with lunch and one serving in the afternoon. The two times I ran the product this way, I would get nauseous in the afternoon. Now, I'm not sensitive to caffeine and this is actually a smaller dose of the energy sauce than I take on days when I work out, in addition 3 servings is a "suggested use" on the label. I felt like my stomach was upset both times going three servings. Running this product three times, I was still getting that mediocre energy boost as usual.

The product shined for me in the appetite suppression department. In conjunction with Garcinia, I didn't want to eat like...at all...throughout the day. I'd have a cup of cereal for breakfast, a cup of cereal for lunch and then my "big meal" which was probably around 1200 calories for dinner. This was enough for me. There were no food cravings throughout the day. So this was a nice benefit.

I found next to no "recovery" or "endurance" boost that BCAA products advertise. I'd say it's probably from the low dose of Aminos in the product. Shrug. I think this section needs a HUGE boost in that "blend".

Here's where the product shines... It appears a lot of RSP's lines are affordable. At BB.com, you can get this for $20 for 30 servings. In addition, B2G1, so 90 servings for $40. That's a darn good deal. The bad part is, that's just a lot of underdosed scoops.

Side Effects

Nauseous when 3 servings are taken.

Conclusion

Overall, this product didn't really work well for what I was going for. I wanted a boost and I wanted a BCAA "recovery" element. I didn't get that from this product. In recently reviewing Big Ron's offering, I found that product to be much more what I was looking for in this department. Overall, it can be found for a very affordable price if you do decide to give it a whirl and it works for you. As for Gilla, I can't give it the thumb of approval.

March 21, 2017

Cons:

Hello my fellow SR people. I am a 44 year old dad looking to get into better shape, and keep my strength as long as possible. I am currently hitting weights 3 to 4 days a week and trying to do some sort of cardio everyday. I wanted to try this product to help with DOMS as I am increasing my intensity and amount of exercise. I want to thank both RSP Nutrition and the SRTrooper program for allowing me to add this to my daily supplement intake.

So the ingredients in here are pretty chlorideommon. It has a nice blend of stuff, except, they are in proprietary blends. I know some people care, some people don't. I am on the fence, they do list the amount of caffeine which is very important, however I wish they told me the rest of the stuff as well. So I am going to make some educated guesses on the ingredients.

Amino Acid Blend @ 5000mg per dose. This could be standard easy to understand 3:1:1 dosages which wouldn't be bad. But no, we have more stuff. So here is the issue with this, products are listed in order of amount generally so we have the following. L-Taurine, Beta Alanine (the good stuff, Carnosyn), L-Leucine, L-Valine, L-glutamine, L-Citruline, L-Arginine, L-Tyrosine, L-histidine, L-Lysine Hydrochloride, L-Phenylalanine, L-Threonine, L-Methionine. So what is the likelihood that these are at effective dosages? L-Taurine is between 1 to 6 grams per day, as the first ingredient you have to assume you go down from there. Beta Alanine for most people is 3.2 grams per day. The numbers don't add up for that either. So as you can tell this is not going to be totally effective dosages. However, wait, this product is to be used multiple times per day. 8 scoops max which is 4 servings, at which point you get 20 grams of product in you for the day. They really suggest a total of 3 servings which leads to 15 grams. So it is a good little mix in, I just don't think I could justify it for my only source of BCAA's.

Fat Loss Blend @ 1500mg. Once again we have a whole list of stuff in here. This time I will let you read the label if you want to see it. I will just talk about a couple key thoughts that I have. The first ingredient is Conjugated Linoleic acid powder. Hmmm, I find that the suggested dosage of this would be a range of 3200mg to 6400mg. Now since this has 5 ingredients, even though CLAP is listed first even at 3 servings a day you wont hit the minimum suggested amount. I like that it has Green tea, I find that it has a calming effect on me, which is a good thing. I think they could drop the Green Coffee extract, which in all fairness is the last ingredient, I just don't find that the research on GCE is reliable enough to add it even if it is cheap to add.

Natural energy and focus Blend @ 130 MG. This consists of Caffeine (from Green Tea) and Theobromine. Since Theobromine is listed second, and the dosages I found listed online are between 250 and 1000mg. Even if we go 50 50 you are going to be on the low side. As for caffeine, I try and not always talk about it. Some people are caffeine sensitive and one serving of this will have them bouncing off the walls, others could take 3 servings at once and just sort of feel it.

All in all it isn't a bad idea on this product. I would just like to see a better breakdown of ingredients so we know where we might have to add to it or subtract from it. It basically comes across to me as a very safe entry level product that just about everybody could use. However I would think that more advanced users would pass this by.

I received the Blackberry Pomegranate and had no issues with it at all. I varied my water from 8oz a serving all the way to 14oz a serving. Now obviously the taste is stronger at a lower water amount. I did not have any negative things to deal with on taste so it is a go for me.

Mixability was on point for a guy who always uses a shaker bottle with the metal ball inside. I use my SRTrooper blender bottle. I did notice a little grittiness to this product. But it did work well, please be aware that I always shake before I drink, products tend to stay mixed that way.

Dosing: This is where this product rocks for most people. 7.8 Grams per 2 scoops, for one serving. This is great as it would give you a lot of variety in your dosing. You could go from 1 scoop up to 6 (max for the day 8). They suggest more product in the morning and to taper off during the day (I assume for the caffeine). The problem is I didn't get a scooper..... I ended up using the scooper from GlutaGen (rsp Nutrition) which is 7.5 Grams per scoop. So part of the variety went away as I basically had to use a full serving each time. I tended to use 2 servings in the morning upon waking, before working out. I also used 1 scoop to an occasional 2 scoops for lunch. I had no problems with the amount of caffeine so please judge yourself accordingly.

This product did wake me up in the morning. I usually get 5 to 6 hours a night as I have a wife, kids, and a coton de tulear (white fluffy puppy) that all require attention. I started at 225 to 226 and ended at 224 to 225. So I think it helped, however I went through a container in a little over a week. As I stated above I really think that this is geared more toward entry level people. Or people who want a flavored drink that helps a little.

OK this is the harsh part. As of 3/21/2017
Bodybuilding.com $19.97 (sale buy 2 for $30)
rspnutrition.com $29.99 (could get 10% off with auto ship)

So we will go with the Bodybuilding.com price of $30.00 for 2 which gives us 60 servings or basically 50 cents a pop. That isn't bad if you use 1 or 2 servings a day. I can deal with a buck a day. However if you are 2 servings 2 times a day, it could get expensive. Obviously the price gets a lot higher when the sale at bodybuilding.com goes off. So I can't jump behind this product on price.

Side Effects

Well I actually lost a little fat. Which is good as I am getting older and it comes off slower. I did have a little loose bathroom breaks if you know what I mean. But that was when I took a 3 dose serving on an empty stomach, so that is my bad. Once again you have to asses your tolerance for things.

Conclusion

So, my final assessment for this product is that when on sale, I would give it the maybe baby. I mean it isn't bad, It does taste good. It has to be better for you than a soda or a starbucks thingy. But if you are stim tolerant or looking to get full doses of the ingredients, I would say you have to check elsewhere. I don't know if it is old age or just being cranky but I can't seem to find a reason to get fully behind this product. I do appreciate RSP Nutrition for allowing me to try it. It just isn't something I can see hitting my counter top.
  • Blackberry Pomegranite: 8/10