Detoxn8 Reviews

By: Musclewerks

Detoxn8 is an Alternative Weight Loss Product manufactured by Musclewerks. It can help assist in the loss of body fat, working in different pathways that traditional thermogenics.

August 8, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Better Bowel Movements
  • Increased Bowel Movements
  • Laxative Effect
  • Raunchy Gas
  • Marketing Scheme
  • No Weight Loss
Introduction:

Thank you to the SR Troops program and the folks at Musclewerks for the opportunity to try their Detoxn8 detox product. I have zero experience with these detox marketed products. I have used several probiotics in the past

My expectations were straightforward, detox equals flushing of your digestive system and bowels, which would result in weight loss as a result, or some type of underlying benefit.

Ingredient Profile:

The first thing I did upon receipt of the product was an online search of each ingredient contained in the product. This is a prop blend, so you do not know how much of each ingredient your getting. I am ok with supp companies protecting their product.

Not going to delve into each ingredient. In summary the ingredients are a combination of herbs and plant extracts.

The majority of ingredients have some type of laxative effect (ie. Senna Leaf). Another like peppermint extract can be used for bloating relief and possibly water retention relief.

Taste:

There is no taste to this product as its in capsule form.

Mixability:

There is no mixability aspects of this product, as these again are in capsule form.

Dosing:

The directions state to take 1 capsule and gradually increase to 3 over a 30 day period.

I started out cautiously, one capsule per day for about 7 days, then to 2 capsules and ultimately 3 the last 7 days. Below are the effects for each number of capsules consumed. I took the 2 and 3 capsules at one time, with breakfast each day.

Effectiveness 7.5:

Effects for each capsule:

1 capsule: The only item to note was increased flatulence and I mean increased. I had to step out of the office numerous times per day as not to pollute the closed space. Normal 1 bathroom trip per day, no change here.

2 capsules: The flatulence subsided and the bathroom trips were 2 per day for bowel movements. One upon waking (the norm), then one in the evening after work.

3 capsules: For whatever reason, 3 capsules gave me 3 bowel movements per day. One upon waking, one in the afternoon and one in the evening.

Now I was going 2 and 3 times more than usual with each trip, I totally expected to be shedding weight as a result, however, that was not the case. My weight stayed at 232lbs throughout the consumption of the bottle. I was quite bewildered at this non-result.

I had no decrease in bloating or slimmer waist line. Again, baffled here as well. I did not increase my food intake whatsoever.

The bowel movements were normal, they weren't loose and I didn't have the sudden urge to go where I was standing/sitting.

Value 6:

This product can be bought as of this review via Amazaon for 29.99 for 60 capsules. An ok price, if it caused me to lose weight, I would rate this higher.

Side Effects:

Other than the increased bathroom trips and increased flatulence, no additional side effects.

Conclusion 6.5:

Not sure what to make of this product honestly. It was more of a laxative effect than anything else, but with no weight loss.

Am I that much more full of poo than I thought? Maybe 2 bottles would have done the job......

August 3, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Better Bowel Movements
  • Less Gas
  • Easy To Dose
  • Easy To Take
  • No Bloating
  • May Cause Toilet Explosion

While on Detoxn8 I was training 4-5 days a week, and eating almost everything insight (moderately clean for the most part). I did very minimal cardio occasionally would jog a 3-4 miles but it was not consistent. When I claimed this product I was not planning on using it to lose weight, I wanted it to help in my bodies elimination process.

A thank you to SR and MuscleWerks for making this possible.

A couple of the ingredients that caught my attention and I feel have continue to benefit me are the Papaya powder and Peppermint powder. I did a little research and the papaya powder can help in preventing and treating gastrointestinal issues, it also acts as a diuretic. The peppermint powder helps with the gas, as it relaxes the intestines.

No taste or mixability issue as these came in capsule form. Once you open the bottle you will come across vitamin/herb smell. It didn't bother me at all but it's worth mentioning.

Dosing was simple start with one capsule and make sure you don't poop yourself sporadically in some random place. Then build up to 3 capsules per day. After a couple days at 1 pill, I dosed it at 2 pills for 1 1/2 weeks, then 3 per day till the end of the bottle.

Ok, well I will not go into great detail because with detox products it can get messy, stinky and definitely gross. The reps note mentions that Detoxn8 will flush the body to eliminate toxins; it will not bloat you and will flatten your midsection.

***Sorry for the Gross factor below***

Eliminate toxins: I am going to say yes, in a way. The first 2 weeks my stool was just the worst it has ever been in terms of smell and texture and color. But after the second week it was business as usually only smoother and 4-6 times a day.

Bloat: I had no bloat at all while on Detoxn8. I have tried other detox supplements and they make you feel bloated and gassy.

Flatten the midsection: Yes, I saw a slight flattening of my midsection even on days when we ate out or the wife would make some delicious Mexican dish.

I had a good turn out from this, only one horror story to tell - See Side effects!

I believe Detoxn8 has decent value. When I run this again I am going to run it at 2 capsules for 2 weeks and hold off on the rest for the next run. About 8 month ago I started a detox from a local nutrition shop and I paid about $35.00 for it. I did not finish that one because it made me feel horrible. You can find Detoxn8 on MuscleWerks website and Amazon for $29.99 w/free shipping.

Side Effects

The first time taking 3 capsules, I was home from work sitting on the couch when the urge to go hits me. I go and destroy the restroom it felt like someone dropped an M-80 behind me.

Conclusion

I liked detoxn8 and I will purchase this in the future. I believe it scrapped up some old stuff from my insides and in turn eliminating some toxins. I had no bloating and my midsection seemed to be a tad bit flatter.

Overall
Overall
6.4
6.8
  July 23, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Convenient
  • Reduced Bloat
  • Flatter Stomach
  • Liquid Bowels
  • Marketing Scheme
  • Prop Blend

Disclaimer - this is actually the first cleansing/detox product I'd ever tried. I'm not a believer in the idea that you can flush your body of impurities through the use of these type of supplements. This fad has, in my opinion, evolved from companies twisting a legitimate medical term into a marketing strategy. Still, I decided to put my biases aside and try MuscleWerks Detoxn8 just to see if I personally would experience any benefits.

Right away I'm not impressed by Detoxn8 and the massive prop blend. Samazon made an excellent point about this in her write-up - screwing around with the dosing of laxatives is no joke. Check out her review for more insight.

As for the actual ingredients, a quick Google search will reveal that Detoxn8 contains primarily natural herbal/plant laxatives. The main ingredient, Senna Leaf, is an FDA approved nonprescription laxative used to clear the bowels before diagnostic tests. Other ingredients, such as peppermint extract, are used to relieve bloating and flatulence and reduce water retention. Exactly what you'd expect in such a product.

The capsules are small and easy to swallow. There is a distinct herbal smell to the product but it was not unpleasant to me.

Dosing instructions are rather vague. I started with one cap midday and quickly moved to two caps midday. I took my caps in a single dose and tried to make sure I had something in my stomach when dosing.

I've been recomping for several months now and have recently jumped back into Intermittent Fasting. I will say I noticed a difference in my appearance while running Detoxn8. You know the days where you're mirror-testing and you think to yourself that you're having a really good, lean day? This was me most days on this product. I personally didn't notice any significant movement on the scale in the first three weeks, and it was only in the fourth week once I'd started fasting again, where I experienced actual weight loss. Before this my AM weigh-in fluctuated both ways within a five pound window.

I do agree with the product's claims to flatten the midsection and reduce bloating. As for kick starting weight loss - I might buy this claim from a motivational standpoint. You'll shed water weight quickly on Detoxn8, which could give someone that initial boost to keep up with a new diet/exercise regime. I think most of us realize that you're going to add that water weight right back on as soon as you come off the product.

And as for "flushing the body to eliminate toxins", I still don't buy it. I felt no different running this product than I do normally. And how the hell would you measure toxicity of the body anyway? Personally I'd prefer MuscleWerks to avoid this marketing route altogether and simply promote the product as a laxative/slimming agent.

Detoxn8 will cost you $30 for 60 caps, which will net most people between 30-45 days of use. Comparing this price point is rather difficult as the market is swarmed with these types of products which range from $10 to over $100. From my personal standpoint, $30 is a decent value for this product, but not great. I found a number of generic colon cleanse products with similar profiles that were significantly cheaper. If you're looking for something more "name brand" that's targeting athletes, then Detoxn8 is a decent choice.

Side Effects

Detoxn8 had me visiting the porcelain throne twice a day minimum with most visits being rather aggressive in nature. You get the point. There were a few really rough days where I'd hit it three times in 90 minutes, but most days I was fairly regular. I was pretty much dumping liquid the entire four weeks on this product. Sorry for the visual. I figure you have to expect that when taking this type of product. Not the best experience. Otherwise no other side effects.

Conclusion

I was pleasantly surprised by the slimming effects of this product, but it's not something I'd be interested in running again. I can see a few scenarios where I'd recommend it, i.e. needing to lean out for a wedding. Mostly Detoxn8 does what it claims and, so long as you're not disillusioned in what you're buying, this might be something to add to your supplement stash.

Thanks to MuscleWerks for letting me try this product!

July 6, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Convenient
  • Reduced Bloat
  • Weightloss
  • Flatter Stomach
  • Raunchy Gas
  • Liquid Bowels
  • Needs Better Packaging

First off, thank you to Musclewerks for the opportunity to review this product, along with the TROOPS program here at SR.

People rave about doing detoxes and cleanses all the time and swearing by them. Personally, I would never go out and spend that much money on a juice cleanse or any other product. I feel like they are targeted more towards individuals who do not workout and are looking for quick results on the scale. I decided to take the dive with Detoxn8 because I'm currently on a cut and was looking for that extra boost after hitting a plateau. I also plan on running my first ever keto diet starting July 10th. While taking Detoxn8 I did a 2 week trial and error keto run just to better prepare for when I hit it hard in July. So my results are based off a coinciding 20 days on Detoxn8 and 14 days of keto.

This product comes in a prop blend. Truthfully it doesn't bother me, but others tend to stay away from prop blends. The listed ingredients are senna leaf extract, cascara extract, fennel seed powder, peppermint powder, papaya powder, fenugreek powder, ginger extract, lactobacillus acidophilus and triphala in a 1500mg prop blend per every 2 pills.

I wish Musclewerks actually gave us a complete breakdown of how much of each ingredient is used. Since they do not, we do not know if anything is being over or under dosed. All of these together help aid in digestion along with some having laxative effects. Due to the laxative properties, you have to make sure you stay well hydrated.

Taste: Small little capsules. There is no taste, but the bottle in my opinion is rather potent each time you open it.

Dosing: I started out with full dosing. 2 pills upon waking up with a tall glass of water followed by 1 more pill 5-6 hours later.

Effectiveness for me is a big deal. I need to see/feel a product working for me to really be able to judge it and validate purchasing it again. You can clearly tell Detoxn8 is working.

My morning routine would be as follows (Pre Detoxn8) - wakeup, chug glass of cold water, drink a black coffee, eat breakfast, pass bowels.
Morning routine w/ Detoxn8 - wakeup, pass bowles, take pills w/ water, black coffee, pass bowels, eat, occasionally have a 3rd bowel movement.

My bowel movements were more liquid than anything else. They did not become more shapely until the end of week two. It was not like I was running to the bathroom room though and barely making it. I would go 1-3 times in the morning and I was done for the day. I was afraid to pass gas the first few days though, not going to lie.

This product is labeled as an "alternative weight loss" supplement. As far as weight loss went, I wasn't sure what to expect. I did go from 237.2lbs down to 230.8lbs for a total difference of 6.4lbs. My stomach did flatten out and I did not experience any bloating while taking this, which it claims to do. My serratus became more prominent as well.

You can find this on Musclewerks main site and Amazon for $43.99. I think it's a little steep, especially if you dose it at 20 days instead of 30 like I did. For what it does, I feel $30 is a more reasonable price.

Side Effects

There are a few side effects to note. First, is that for the first few days I honestly felt like I was on milk of magnesia. If you've taken it before, then you know exactly what I'm talking about. Secondly, my farts were horribly rancid. It didn't bother me, being a man, but they were seriously disgusting.

Conclusion

Based off of the results I achieved from this I would definitely run it again. I wanted to break through a plateau and that is exactly what it helped me to do. Since being off this product for a few days now, my weight has not skyrocketed back up either, so for me it got the job done. If you can handle the watery bowel movements and morning trips to the bathroom, than you should consider claiming this bottle the next time it pops up in the Troops section on SR. I would just like to see it for a more reasonable price, that is the only turn off for me.

6.2
  June 28, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Helped Drop Waterweight
  • Easy To Dose
  • Easy To Take
  • Convenient
  • Stomach Cramping
  • Possible Dehydration Headaches

My typical supplements use is protein powders, sleep aids, creatine, preworkouts, intra-workouts, and the least utilized category would most likely be "fat burners" or "detox" products. I have tried a handful throughout the years with greatly varying effects; some tend to focus on appetite suppression, others increased metabolism and diuretic properties, some focused on liver detox, and others a mishmash of everything.

To be honest even after an extensive history of supplement usage, I hadn't heard about some of the ingredients in this product. After some simple googling, I was able to determine that nearly all the unfamiliar ingredients are herbal/plant natural laxatives (like the first ingredient Senna- anyone know of Senakot?..and Cascara extract- a product from the coffee bean). The end of the ingredient list is familiar peppermint and ginger (known in the 'natural' world to aid digestive tracts) and a probiotic.

I don't like that this particular product is a proprietary blend, and not just to jump on the "prop blends suck" band wagon, but laxatives are not something that you want to mess around with if you don't know how much you're ingesting. I have read from some of these individual laxative plant derivitives that up to two weeks is suggested for use, because the body can become dependent on the laxatives to continue mixing waste products. The laxatives can also have an effect on the body's water and electrolyte balance (naturally, the large intestine is responsible for a lot of this) and although reducing water weight is going to give the appearance of being more lean- and decreasing the weight on the scale- for 30 days that might be a bit more taxing on the body's metabolic processes than some users realize.

I also like probiotics that require the user to refrigerate them and this doesn't mention refrigeration on the bottle. It's possible that the probiotics here are in a form that is room temperature stable, but I really see that ingredient as a flashy extra, but I don't expect it to have a major effect on my digestive system. I think I'd be better off getting my probiotic in another form/product.

This comes in gel capsules, and is tasteless. No aftertaste.

Capsules = no mixing, just swallowing with a full glass of water.

Dosing on the bottle says to work up to three capsules a day. I started with one cap first thing in the morning, then added a second later in the day after 5-6 hours. I tried a few different dosing options, to work up to either two or three caps in the morning or broken up throughout the day. The user will have to decide when they want to increase from one cap to two then three.

I wasn't sure what to expect from this, but I can say it somewhat leaned me out. What I really mean, is the more I took the more it cleaned me out like the typical diet detox pill/system by increasing trips to the bathroom.
Interestingly, while taking this product, it did coincide with a several pound decrease in my overall weight. I had stopped a prescription medication right before taking this product and needed to drop some weight that was gained while on that medication. That medication also causes water retention as a known side effect.
Within the first two weeks I worked up from one cap a day for a few days, to two, for several days. About two weeks in I tried to increase to three caps a day, because I had shed a good amount of water weight and was pleased. It was several pounds. I do think that the water retention I had would've fixed itself over time, but this product accelerated the process.

What I wasn't happy with was that I started noticing abdominal cramps after those two weeks when I tried increasing to three caps a day. I backed off, went back to two, but would still get cramping. I would take a few days off, then try the product again...it seemed to coincide with less of an appetite due to the cramping, though I don't think that is an actual target affect of this product.

Overall, after I finally got through the bottle I had gotten myself to what I consider my "training" or "off season" weight in the low 180's. It was no more than a ten pound decrease in about a month, more than half truly water weight.

After stopping this product, I didn't have any increase in my weight and I really liked that.

A bottled of Detoxin8 contains 60 capsules, which gives the user a month of use. With that in mind, the entire "detox" can be found online around $34.99 at the cheapest. I honestly couldn't find it in most of the typical online retailers that we all go to. The best price I saw was from the manufacturer themselves.

Side Effects

There were two side effects that I want to mention. The first and most severe would be the abdominal cramping. I believe that this product had so many laxatives that it gave my cramping and a bloated feeling. I have IBS and my gut moves slow. I had more frequent bowl movements, but was also much gassier and uncomfortable compared to not taking this product. I waited over a week to write this review to see if the cramping/gas would subside and it completely resolved after ceasing use.

The second side effect I noticed potentially from this was headaches. I can NOT say that product was the sole cause, but I would attribute the diuretic effects from laxatives pulling water from the gut through digestion, possibly dehydrating me and causing more headaches. I still had issues with frequent headaches after stopping this product, so I cannot say they were as bothersome as they were because of this product.

Conclusion

I read and heard a lot of great things about this detox product from Musclewerks. The reviews that I read were all from men and perhaps this product might work better for both males, and someone without a history of any gastrointestinal issues (which I do have).
I definitely lost weight during the time I used this product, which took me over thirty days to complete. I can't say that I'd be as integrated in trying this or any more detox products with natural laxatives if they are a prop blend. I'm really up on the air on this one, but a big thanks to Musclewerks for letting me try this out!

June 7, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Reduced Bloat
  • Better Bowel Movements
  • Less Gas

A special thanks to Musclewerks for providing Detoxn8 to the ER/TROOPS program as an opportunity. As one could guess from the name, detoxn8 is a formulation of probiotics and herbs designed to help clear your system of unwanted toxins that can put a damper on fitness goals geared towards weight loss. It should come as no surprise, our bodies retain toxins overtime that come from the food we eat, the water we drink, etc. Generally, in a healthy body, these toxins can be flushed out by the body's natural bio-metabolic mechanisms. Of course, the body can only flush out so much at a time and eventually these toxins build up leading to lethargy, bloat, and other negative consequences. Therefore, in addition to a healthy diet and exercise, performing a cleanse of some kind does have its benefits.

In each two capsule serving, the product consists of a 1500 mg prop blend of probiotics and various herbs. These herbs include senna leaf, cascara, fennel seed, fenugreek, peppermint, triphala, papaya, and ginger.

In a nutshell, the combination of these herbs and probiotics allows for the support of healthy gut flora and increased bowel function efficiency. The herbs in general are known to have cleansing and laxative properties. The increased gut flora is intended to aid in digestion, which in return can promote healthier peristalsis of the intestinal tract.

No taste or mixability to discuss since these are capsules. The capsules are easy to swallow and leave no unsettling feelings or aftertastes.

Musclewerks recommends starting with one capsule and gradually increasing to three capsules. For me, I found two capsules to be more than sufficient and never saw a need to increase to three. This is good since this allows the product to last for a full thirty days. Everyone is different so just be sure to dose accordingly.

When I use detox supplements, I judge efficacy based on what the ingredients are intended to promote. Since the ingredients in detoxn8 are intended to increase bowel function and digestion, these are the two things I focused my observation on.

To begin, mainly during the beginning of the second week is when I noticed this product start to take effect. I noticed I was having more frequent bowel movements daily. These movements were also more easy going. What I mean by that is that, there wasn't any straining or bearing down that needed to be done in order to completely empty the pipes. I also noticed better stool formation as they appeared bulkier and more whole upon evacuation. Sorry if that's a little TMI, but again, this is a detox formula so you gotta analyze everything.

Another thing I noticed was less gas and bloat as the detox period continued. Normally, I actually don't get bloated from a lack of bowel movements, but occasionally I do experience that slight bloat you might get when using creatine or when you're increasing your food intake for a bulking phase. The reduction of gas was definitely a plus. Who wants to be in a gym with a guy blasting rotten bran every 10 minutes?

In terms of weight loss benefits, keep in mind this product is mostly aimed at priming your system and body to make weight loss more effective and increase your body's weight loss potential by ridding the toxins that can leave you feeling bogged down and make it more difficult for your body to utilize fat for energy. It itself will not necessarily help you shed significant pounds, but more so the extra weight you might be carrying from excess toxin load related bloat. In summary, it should be utilized as part of a weight loss regimen.

The cheapest price I found was 35 dollars. Considering that most detox supplements on today's market are actually bundles consisting of several packs and information on how to make certain preparations of detoxing ingredients that demand higher prices, I'd say this is a pretty good deal especially if you only require two caps like I did.

Side Effects

Increased bowel movements and urges, but this is to be expected.

Conclusion

If you're looking to clean out the pipes and get yourself better primed for a weight loss regimen, detox8 can help. The product is effective yet gentle on your system overall and won't cost you a pretty penny or inconvenience you with a bunch of preparation instructions or unnecessary ingredients.

WARMACHINE OUT!!!

GO RED SOX!!!

May 17, 2016

I want to thank Musclewerks for letting me try this product. I must admit this is one category of products I haven't delved in to much. I have heard both positive and negative on stuff like this. I went into this product not looking for sustainable weight loss but for the bloating and digestive relieve and the cleaning effect that it promises.

This product contains a total of 9 ingredients in a prop blend. There are 30 servings of 2 pills each. They recommend 10 days at half a serving, 10 days at a full serving, and 10 days at one and a half servings. I am guess this is to ease your body into the cleanse and not have you crapping your pants right off the bat.

I won't go into the nitty gritty of the ingredients but they include probiotics, senna leaf, cascara extract, peppermint extract, fennel seed, papaya,, fenugreek, ginger, and triphala. All are known or purported digestive aids, cleansers, laxative aids, ect. All in all I couldn't see any ingredient not of use and I don't really know enough about the ingredient dosages to determine if they are properly dosed or not.

No problems taking these medium sized pills.

The first few days I was wondering...Am I pooping more? Sometimes yes sometimes no. But as the days went on it was apparent that pooping was much easier, not a chore at all. I was afraid of runny poops or not being able to wait but while this helped make me a multi event pooper it didn't have me running to the bathroom or make it any more gross than pooping already is. Within the first two weeks I had dropped a shocking 8 pounds.

This however is where it plateaued. Not necessarily a bad thing, but your body only has so many toxins to cleanse. Bowel movements and weight stayed the same and I let it run its course. I believe it helped not only with bloating, but gas as well. It was a very pleasant month for my wife whether she knew it or not because things have certainly picked back up since I finished. All in all, I was happy with what this product offered. Its not a miracle weight loss product like a lot if people think detoxes are. I think it cleared the way for my body to function optimally like a cleanse is supposed to. No outrageous claims, it was a cleanse and it worked.

The cheapest I have seen this is 34.99. Not a bad price for a month cleanse. Other juice cleanses and other fancy cleanses can run you a hell of a lot more for similar results.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Again, this isn't going to be a miracle weight loss product. But if you are looking to kickstart your weight loss with a cleanse and go in lean and unbloated to let you metabolism and digestion run optimally, this will get you system feeling great and help you lose a few pounds of the crap to get you started.