(Better than 100% in Carbohydrates)

Super Carb is a Carbohydrate Product manufactured by NutraBio. It is designed to provide the body with the vital macronutrient carbohydrates which is used as fuel to help performance as well as improve muscle recovery.
ARTICLES

Energy Supplements > Carbohydrates

October 14, 2018

• Clumps If Not Mixed Immediately

NutraBio's "Super Carb" really is that... A super carb for before, during, or after your workout. I think no matter how you use this, it's very solid and is THE carb supplement that should be in your rotation (and your bag).

Hey everybody? I first heard about NutraBio from this Community actually and a few guys at my gym. I had never tried a carb supplement but I liked the idea of what it could potentially do for me so I decided to give it a try. I am currently running Nutrabio's creatine monohydrate, various pre-workouts, post workout protein, and casein at night. I experimented with using this supp at different times and I will cover that in this review.

I love the ingredients in this and of course the fully transparent label that NB is known for.
The 2 pound container has one serving size as one scoop (28) grams for 30 servings in the container.
In one serving, you'll find:
-Only 100 calories
-NO SUGAR!!!
-25g of carbs in the form of Cluster Dextrin/Cyclic Dextrin -Cluster Dextrin is awesome because it is low-glycemic which is exactly what you want in a carb supplement. It also has slow-release properties, prolonging its effects (which I'll get into below).

There's also Calcium (95mg), Phosphorous (81mg), Magnesium (28mg), Sodium (50mg), Potassium (80mg) which are all part of the electrolyte component of this supp that takes it to the next level. Mainly, Potassium Phosphate and Sodium Phospate, with some Di-Magnesium Malate. Most other carb supps (maybe all) don't provide you with electrolytes, which not only makes this perfect for recovery but also sets it apart from the competitition.

I ran the "Kiwi Strawberry" flavor and I really enjoyed it. It was actually a good balance of the two, not overly strawberry or kiwi. I would mix one scoop in a shaker bottle with about 8 oz of water. I found that if I shook it in a shaker bottle, with the shaker ball, for maybe 20 secs, it mixed really well with no particles in the mix or on the bottom or sides of the bottle. Where I had issues is if I shook it without the actual shaker ball. Then it would get a little clumpy/gummy. Getting back to the taste for a minute here, it did not taste "chemically" whatsoever as some supplements do.

I experimented with this supp utilizing it in the following manners (as I had heard and read various opinions on when the optimal time to take it was):

Pre-workout- I took this a couple times about 20 minutes before working out. It gave me very smooth energy that crept up and then stayed sustained throughout a 40 minute workout. Afterwards, I still felt good, felt energetic but it was what I sometimes call "on call" energy where I felt energetic if I needed it but otherwise, only slightly felt the effects as it wore off. I did not take this with a pre-workout as there's no point, in my opinion. This energy is smoother than most pre-workouts and doesn't give you "bouncing off the walls" or "beast" feeling.

Intraworkout - I tried this a few times intraworkout. Again, very similar to what I said above, the energy was smooth and not immediately noticeable but post set after it kicked in, I realized that the sets were better and I felt better.

Post workout- This is what I bought it for and intended to use it for the most. After my workouts, I would take a protein shake at the gym then fill my bottle with this and drink it on the way home from the gym. I definitely felt really good and didn't have that "down" or "drained" feeling when I used this. It really did restore my energy post-workout. I lift very early in the morning before work because it's the only time I have to consistently do it, and usually I feel really tired by the time I get into work, having been up early to lift and getting into work in the morning. With this, I think it replenished my energy (and electrolytes) to the point where I wasn't getting as soon as I got to work. For me, taking it post workout was optimal, particularly after an intense workout.

I paid 39.99 directly from NutraBio. I've seen it anywhere from $34.99-39.99. It's a little hard to find outside of the NutraBio website but I know Vitamin Shoppe occasionally has it (as well as some other NutraBio products they recently started carrying). I think compared to the competition and what you're getting in the container, this is a good, fair price. If you're in the market for a carb supp, then you obviously know what you're looking for it to do or you at least have an idea. This gives you that PLUS electrolytes which makes it a no-brainer when you're looking for carb supp.

Side Effects

This is what I was a little nervous about before I tried it as i have read and heard about some people having digestive issues with carb supps. The first maybe 3 times I used it, I had to immediately "drop the Browns off at the Super Bowl" right after my work out. After that, my body adjusted to it and there were no other side effects.

Conclusion

This is a great carb supplement. It's not something I will run regularly, I don't think, just because the way I used it, it seems like it's most beneficial after a really intense workout. It doesn't seem like it's needed everyday in your everyday stack. That said, the taste is great, the label is ultra-transparent, the versatility and the added electrolytes make this a great "go to" product for anyone who utilizes carb supps and a great product to try as a first dabble into carb supps. One parting note: On the label they give mixing instructions for various volumes of water: "Mix 50 scoops of Super Carb into 5 gallons of water"
Bro, if you are running this out of a 5 gallon bucket, you are hardcore :)
Anyway, until next time.....
  • Strawberry Kiwi: 9/10

Other Prices:
Fitness First USA   $32.99
Suppz.com   $59.99
Lucky Vitamin   $59.99

9.4
  May 11, 2018

• Unflavored Enhances Sweetness Of Product You Mix It With

A high quality carb supplement with some added hydration support. Fairly priced and highly effective, you will be hard pressed to find a better carb supplement than this.

38 years old, recovering from total reconstruction surgery on my left ankle, but finally back in the gym! In the last year I have started to include a Carb during my intra workout regimen, and have found that I really enjoy the energy that it gives me during my workouts. Super Carb was one of the first ones I had tried, and one that I took the longest. So without further ado, lets do review #36 for this product!

As we all know this is a fully disclosed label from NutraBio. The important ingredients here to talk about are each 25.8g serving (1 scoop) nets you 25g Highly Branched Cyclic Dextrin (as in ClusterDextrin) and a 882mg blend of Electrolyte Optimizer which consists of 525mg Calic-K, 157mg Sodium Phosphate, and 140mg Albion Di-Magnesium Malate.

Highly Branched Cyclic Dextrin (HBCD) is a source of carbohydrates and is synthesized through the breakdown of starch by an enzyme that forms clusters of sugar molecules. Basically, HBCDs are absorbed and sent to the muscles quicker than your traditional carbs. A great breakdown is found here on SR at https://supplementreviews.com/ingredients/highly-branched-cyclic-dextrin

I like the addition of electrolytes here truly making this product great no matter if you take it pre,post or intra workout. I have only had two other Carb products (Cluster Bomb, Intra-Elite) and this is the only one in my experience that adds this in. This makes me happy since I take my carbs intra-workout, so any additional hydration I can get while working out is great.

Taste: I used the Raw Unflavored version and mixed this with BCAAs intra-workout. While this has no taste in itself it does tend to make whatever you mix it with a little bit sweeter. I have found with BCAAs like Green Apple flavored that it almost makes it too sweet, but not undrinkable by any means. I had a couple sample packs and tried the Raspberry Lemonade and Strawberry Kiwi flavors as well and I really enjoyed both of those. They were not too sweet and felt refreshing while drinking it during my workouts. In the future I am probably going to choose the flavored route instead of the unflavored.

Mixability: No issues here, the powder mixed right up with water and any BCAAs I was mixing this with. I never had any residue on the bottom of the shaker cup when it was done with, so nothing was wasted.

Dosing: The directions say to take 1-2 scoops pre,intra,or post workout as needed. I always took one scoop intra-workout, as I found that worked best for me.

So as I said I always dosed this at 1-scoop intra-workout. This is one of those effects that is hard to tell exactly how it works especially since I usually take a PWO and I mix this with BCAAs. A few times I would take this for about two weeks straight and then go a week without Super Carb to see the difference. What I found is that Super Carb does give me a slight energy boost on my long workouts (60-90 minutes) and helps me to take minimal rest and keep going when I start to get tired. Now its not the same energy boost something of a stimulant property would give you, its more of a food type source so it helps give you that little more oomph. I workout first thing in the morning, so having a carb source intra-workout is great for me because if I am fasted then I tend to get tired faster and feel a little weak at times.

As far as the hydration goes from the electrolytes, I would say this had minimal effect for me. After taking products like Intra-Blast in the past, my bar is set pretty high for hydration enhancers intra-workout. I would get hydrated to the point here where I would have to take a break and hit the bathroom, but I could go a whole 60 minute workout sipping on this and maybe hit the water fountain only twice. So it does help a little bit, but after my workouts I still found myself needing more water. Without Super Carb I found myself hitting the water fountain almost every other set, so this did a nice job, even if it was minimal.

Overall Super Carb is a great intra-workout carb source for me. I would imagine this would also work great pre or post workout, but I never took it that way. I really enjoyed my run and since I have run out and am trying a different carb source currently, it makes me miss Super Carb a lot. You could pretty much just taste the high quality here. Also, I never had any bloating or issues digesting the HBCDs, the digestion was seamless of these carbs.

I ordered the 60 serving tub for $59.99 direct from NutraBio. NutraBio gives a military discount to for active duty members (I believe its 15%) so that is something I always appreciate. Currently this is still the best deal, you can buy the 60 servings for $59.99 from NutraBio, Suppz.com, bb.com, jet, Amazon, or GNC. To me a dollar a scoop is a pretty darn good deal here considering you are getting a high qulaity carb source plus some hydration support. Great value for great quality, nuff said!

Side Effects

None at all.

Conclusion

Once again, NutraBio has made a supplement that I absolutely love. To date the best carb supps I have taken are Super Carb and Cluster Bomb, with Super Carb nudging ahead due to its added electrolytes and slightly better mixability. If you are in the market for a high quality carb source at a fair price, then look no further. I highly recommend Super Carb and this will be returning to my stack in the near future, as there are plenty more flavors to try out!!
  • Unflavored: 7/10
  • Raspberry Lemonade : 10/10
  • Strawberry Kiwi: 9/10

Other Prices:
Fitness First USA   $32.99
Suppz.com   $59.99
Lucky Vitamin   $59.99

Overall
Overall
9.5
  March 24, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • High Quality
  • No Bloat
  • True Label Disclosure
  • Lack Of Size Options

I apologize to Nutrabio for taking so long to review this product. I really appreciate you guys sending out Super Carb to let me try and being patient with my review. Full disclosure of my bias: I love Nutrabio and their products and think they really set the standard for how supplement companies should operate.

This ingredient profile is simple, straightforward, and unique. Unsurprisingly for a carb supplement, there is 25 grams of ClusterDextrin, a patented form of Highly Branched Cyclic Dextrin. HBCD is a preferred carbohydrate because it is low-glycemic, easily digested, and slow-release. In short, there's no blood sugar spike nor gastric distress (i.e. bloating). However, Nutrabio does not stop there. They also add 822mg of electrolytes sourced from Albion Labs and using the patented Calci-K form of Calcium. Thus, not only are you getting a great carbohydrate drink, but you're also staying properly hydrated and replacing electrolytes lost from sweat at the same time. Still, Nutrabio is not done. They completely disclose the rest of the label down to the beet powder used for coloring! Outstanding transparency. I absolutely love the transparency and lack of fillers and artificial ingredients like artificial dyes. You seriously couldn't ask for anything more in an ingredient profile.

I received the orange mango flavor and was pleasantly surprised by the refreshing taste. I find that the more complex flavors, especially anything mango, are easily screwed up by being too sweet or lacking balance. Super Carb was not as tasty as a sugary drink like Gatorade or Powerade but it wasn't far off. All things considered, I thought the flavor was delicious. I mixed a scoop with 16-20oz of cold water in a shaker cup and it always mixed up perfectly. I never saw any residual grit or clumps. I would typically take a scoop pre-workout if I was hitting the gym in-between meals and feeling a bit light-headed or weak. I also tried this intra-workout on days that I hit the gym after breakfast (I'm a light breakfast eater). A few times I even took this post-workout when I was hitting the gym and had to be in class shortly thereafter and didn't have time to eat a full meal.

I originally had this rated as a 9/10 but upon further reflection I realized that I really couldn't have expected anything more from a carb supplement like this (note: I consider something like 5%'s Real Food to be different). I will try my best to break down everything that I experienced in an effort to validate this admittedly extreme and rare rating.

Just as the label claims, I experienced no gastric discomfort, bloating, blood sugar spikes (no, I didn't check with any kind of monitoring device - I'm going off feeling here). I can be sensitive to carbohydrates and bloat a fair amount with some so this is a pretty big deal for me. I generally stay away from carb supplements for this exact reason. In fact, this is one of my first serious forays into the category.

Given that I was using this supplement for energy but also a kind of sustenance (to combat lightheadedness for heavy intense workouts in-between meals), my main concern was that I felt energized to hit the gym and didn't have any lightheadedness in the gym. I would usually take Super Carb pre-workout for this purpose and felt good-to-go within 15-20 minutes. I have a well-stocked apartment gym that I live right above so I'd take this as I got dressed for the gym and by the time I got to the gym I was as ready as ever. I was able to push through some seriously intense workouts and even make new PRs during gym sessions in which I would normally struggle (especially early morning, after breakfast). I was only expecting to be able to get through the workouts without feeling weak - I didn't expect to really kill it. I even had these experiences when I took Super Carb intra-workout (usually while doing cardio before my lifts). I also found that I stayed relatively hydrated, which is something I will perpetually struggle with. Subjectively, I wasn't as thirsty during my workouts. Now, I'm sure on a molecular level that the added electrolytes helped with muscle contractions and everything that stems from them but I can't in good conscious claim to have consciously felt that. Yet, I did notice my thirst was down which is how I generally judge my hydration during my workouts.

The other use I had for Super Carb was to stave off hunger, maintain/increase energy levels post-workout, and [again] prevent any lightheadedness (from lack of carbohydrates) from setting in during class after workouts on a tight schedule. When I was rushed on these days I found Super Carb to be something of a lifesaver. Instead of having to rely on some quick junk food or whatever processed snacks my professor would bring in (he's nice like that) to stay alert during class, I could just toss a scoop of Super Carb in my shaker and drink it on the metro or in class. I experienced much more cleaner energy than the previous times I had to give into temptation and chow down on a few Oreos in class. Furthermore, I noticed that when I got home from class I could put off dinner for awhile as I was content (not starving nor stuffed). In short, I put the inherent versatility of a carbohydrate supplement to good use in a few different ways and Super Carb delivered every time.

8.5/10
Super Carb runs $60 for 60 servings for $33 for 30 servings. That's not much of a difference and while I would like to see a least a few more dollars shaved off for buying a bigger size, I cannot complain at all. This is a stellar supplement and you truly do get what you pay for with Super Carb. Moreover, this price point is par for the course for this category and I would argue that Super Carb is at the top of the category. In that regard, it is something of a "steal" but it is still a significant added expense into your stack. I give it a 8.5 because it really is a great value for what you get but I can't go any higher since it is still $1 per serving.

Side Effects

I experienced no side effects while taking this product.

Conclusion

9.5/10
Ultimately, I found Super Carb to be an outstanding carbohydrate supplement. I was pleasantly surprised at how well I responded to it. I also loved that since I responded to it well I could use it in a few different situations with great success. I came to a 9.5/10 rating by averaging the Ingredient Profile, Effectiveness, and Value ratings. Moreover, given the good Taste/Mixability/Dosing rating I felt that this was a well deserved 9.5 rating.

7.1
  January 1, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • High Quality
  • No Bloat
  • Can Be Expensive Depending On Serving Size

About time I got to this review. We all seem to love NutraBio on here. I've gone through a couple of tubs of this, and finally have some time to sit down and write a review. I got this off of the TROOPer program, and also bought a 60 serving tub myself several months back. I used to be completely against carb supplements and found it just to be big marketing hype for carbs that work pretty much just like sugar in the end. Lately though, with new carb products such as Carb10 and Cluster Dextrin coming out, I've taken a liking to the use of carbs around my workouts.

To get this part out of the way, you get a nice dose of electrolytes. I'm seeing more and more electrolytes added to peri-workout supplements, and for good reason. Who likes cramping? No one!

Others have gone over Cyclic Dextrin in good depth, so I'll put it in simple terms. It's a carb product that does not throw your blood sugar/insulin out of whack, which for me means no blood sugar crash. It still has excellent gastric emptying, and provides a sustained release of sugar. There is info on HBCD on the "Manufacturer's Description" tab for this product, and plenty of info on NutraBio's website.

I had the Orange Mango flavor sent to me through the TROOPer Program, and bought myself a 60 serving tub of the unflavored version. The orange mango is too much of an orange to me, and not in the good way. I felt it was a bit too strong and I just didn't enjoy it in anyway. While it still "worked", the flavor just wasn't worth it for me. The unflavored is a different story however.

The unflavored is exactly what it says it is, unflavored. Perhaps a slight sweet taste, but nothing too noticeable. Since I took this pre-workout, it was easy to mix with other products such as CelluVol. No interference with my already tasty pre-workouts is a good thing. Try adding Orange Mango to your Candy Shock flavored pre... no bueno.

It mixes well, never had a clump. I tend to water things down, which may have helped. Even at 2 scoops though, I never had an issue.

As for dosing. NutraBio recommends this pre, intra, and post. I generally took Super Carb pre-workout. Towards the end, I was taking it post-workout on occasion as well. Lately I've just been using water during my workouts, as I've grown tired of flavored supplements during my workouts, so I can't comment on how it works as an intra.

I usually took 2 scoops pre-workout, which is how I'm judging this. With 30+ reviews on this, you'll find plenty of other experiences on post-workout, intra, 1 scoop, 2 scoops etc.

As I said, I mainly used this as a pre-workout. I've increased my volume recently, and I thought I'd benefit from a carb that won't make me pass out halfway through my workout, like dextrose would do. I got exactly what I wanted. There was a noticeable increase in my endurance during workouts. Even towards the end when I'm just doing isolation exercises to "chase the pump", I never really had to take a step back. Every set felt just about as good as the first one. I see this as a great option for endurance athletes.

The energy you get out of this is great. I've lowered my stims recently, and even had multiple workouts without any stims. I was actually able to increase my squat back up to 315 after a few months of lower weights due to a back injury. It's not really energy like caffeine gives you, more of an energy that I can only describe as your body feeling good enough to let you know that you'll get the next rep no problem. This is big to me as I get most of my carbs peri-workout. The first carbs of my day were from Super Carb(around 6-8pm), and I was able to regain my strength with little issue, even under 200 carbs a day. So being able to hit workouts as if I had plenty of stored energy while cutting off fat at the same time is awesome.

I did take this post-workout from time to time, but not enough to give it a fair judgement. On another note, I experienced no stomach issues while on this. I took Karbolyn several years ago, and hated every workout with it due to how it felt in my stomach. Thinking about it, I saw carb products as a waste of money for the longest time. Super Carb changed my mind for sure.

Since Super Carb is actually "super", it's going to be a bit more expensive than your dextrose or maltodextrin supplements. However, you're not really paying for sugar in this one. You get a significant performance boost out of this, without a nasty spike in insulin. You can find a tub of Super Carb for around $60 for 60 servings, sometimes a little lower. So $1 per serving. While I personally wouldn't mind paying for this, even though it's $2 per serving for me at 2 scoops, there is another cheaper options out there. Gaspari GlycoFuse! GlycoFuse can be found for under $40 on some websites, for the same amount of servings. There is no real justification in picking Super Carb over GlycoFuse unless you have an issue with Gaspari as a company(I could see why). They are the same product except for a slight difference in electrolytes, which is not even worth comparing.

I was seriously about to buy another tub of Super Carb until I found GlycoFuse. I would have no problem paying $1 per serving, but if I can find it at 66 cents a serving, I'm not paying that extra 34 cents. GlycoFuse is Lex Luthor to Super Carb

Side Effects

None, some have experienced stomach issues from this, I personally did not.

Conclusion

With my green thumb, I'm basically saying that if someone were to ask me about some good carb products, I'd mention this at some point. I'd let them know that Glycofuse is available at a better value though. Either way, Super Carb is a great versatile product that can provide an increase in endurance/performance. While the price could change a bit, if Glycofuse were to one day disappear, I'd go straight to Super Carb.
  • Orange Mango: 6/10
  • Unflavored: 9/10

December 29, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • High Quality
  • No Bloat
  • True Label Disclosure
  • Too Sweet
  • Gassy

As always, thank you SR and NutraBio for providing a full container of Super Carb. While taking this I was focusing mostly on strength, but did not neglect hypotrophy days either (about a 60/40 split of strength/hypo.) nd working out about 4-5 days a week.

The product contains 25g of ClusterDextrin and 822g of 3 different electrolytes. I can't say much about ClusterDextrin other than I know that, like any dextrin, is an excellent source of fast absorbing carbohydrates in order to restore your glycogen levels and that CD digests faster than any other type of dextrin. The addition of the electrolytes I think was a great decision by NB especially for those of us who primarily use this as a workout supplement.

Taste: I had the kiwi strawberry flavor and honestly it was a bit too sweet for my liking, but definitely far from the worst tasting supplement i've taken. Would definitely want to give their other flavors a try as well.

Mixability: I had absolutely no problem with the mixing. I would mix it with about 10-12oz of water and it always mixed thoroughly.

Dosing: I would take 1-2 scoops per training day, always preworkout and sometimes post for recovery.

I honestly wasn't quite sure what to expect from this product, I was thinking just a bit more energy in my workout when I took it before and some slight recovery aid when taken post. What I was completely unaware of was the consistent pump that I had whenever I took this product. I would obtain a pump so easily, veins popping and everything, every day that I would take this product and it would stay with me for the remainder of the training session. Whether if it was Super Carb directly or just the pump it caused, but I felt so good, energized and motivated in the gym while I was taking this product. When taken post workout there were far less direct results, but I did notice I would get out of that post workout haze we sometimes get especially when on a PWO/caffeine crash. It didn't do a whole lot in aiding recovery, but I did notice a slight difference.

This product can be found on bodybuilding.com 30 servings for $32.99 ($1.10/serving) or 60 servings for $59.99 ($1.00/serving)

Side Effects

The only side effect I noticed was that it gave my bathroom trips an unwanted stench.

Conclusion

All together this was a great product, got me pumped like a non-stim PWO, kept my energy levels high and gave a little recovery aid. Good job NutraBio on this product, great success.
  • Strawberry Kiwi: 7/10

December 13, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • High Quality
  • Clean Energy
  • Less Fatigue
  • Improved Hydration
  • Nice Name
  • Improved Endurance
  • Perfect Powder Conservation

INTRODUCTION

Thank you to NutraBio for allowing me to review "NutraBio Super Carb" and SupplementReviews for making the connection between brand and consumer possible. This was my first time taking a supplement with only Carbohydrates although not my first time taking a supplement with carbohydrates included (sounds strange? read it again, i'm too lazy to rephrase that sentence lol). The supplement with carbohydrates included was another NutraBio product called "NutraBio PRE Extreme". For now, that is my favorite preworkout and one of the reasons of that success was the Highly Branched Cyclic Dextrin (patented ClusterDextrin) that they included. (You can read my review of that product here: https://supplementreviews.com/nutrabio/pre-extreme/review/top-57-222-not-inside-top-10-crazy-coming-rescue-53741#toprev ). Hey if I don't promote my own review, who's going to do it!? lol.

My workouts are usually +2 hours and when I work 3 muscles that specific day it can last 3 hours (counting warm ups), so I'm always looking for great elite preworkouts. But it's not all about pre-workouts. How about intra-workouts? Can a carbohydrate help me with that? I don't always use intra-workout supplements because I like to force my preworkout to do all the job, that's why I'm paying for it! But when I saw NutraBio Super Carb available and considering I had great results with the same carbohydrate included in PRE Extreme, then I said to myself, hey you should try that carb as pre-workout, intra-workout or post-workout. (I talk a lot to myself - very active conscience, sometimes I hate it).

I lift 5 days per week, from Monday to Friday, I rest on the weekend, so I need a faster recovery, faster source of energy than other people that have rest days during the week. Let's see how it worked...

INGREDIENT PROFILE

This has 25 grams of ClusterDextrin and 3 electrolytes (2 of them are patented). I'm no expert on carbohydrates, I know our body's first source of energy are carbohydrates, in the form of glycogen. So when we exercise, our body uses glycogen first and as the main source to give us energy. As time passes, the amount of glycogen decreases and therefore, our performance also decreases. And this is where the ClusterDextrin can shine. Other users have already explained with technical words what is ClusterDextrin and how it works in the body so I can't add anything new about it. NutraBio added some info about ClusterDextrin, check the MFR'S DESCRIPTION of NutraBio Super Carb (https://supplementreviews.com/nutrabio/super-carb ) If you're still not so clear about the ingredient, I suggest you go to their website and read a more complete info about it: http://www.nutrabio.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Store_Code=NOS&Screen=PROD&Product_Code=SCARB30

Good dose of ClusterDextrin. And then the electrolytes. After trying Micronamin Reload, I began to give its value to electrolytes. Electrolytes help to rehydrate the body after losing certain minerals and water, especially during exercise. Overall, I think it's a good dose of electrolytes and they are patented.

TASTE/MIXABILITY/DOSING

*TASTE: When I was going to claim this product, I was between saying "Orange Mango" or "Pineapple". I love Mangos and I love Pineapples, I like oranges. Considering I tried NutraBio's "Orange Mango" when I took "NutraBio Reload Recovery Matrix", then I decided to say my flavor preference was Pineapple and I received Pineapple. I took a great decision! :D It couldn't be better. The first time I drank it, I thought the flavor could be stronger but after that first drink, I began to love the taste. The taste is perfect, don't touch it, it tastes like a real pineapple, not an artificial flavor (although they use them). The taste is not so light but not so strong either, it's perfectly balanced. Gave like 2-3 servings to some people and they also loved the flavor. Simply AMAZING. I usually used 10oz of water to feel the taste stronger. I'm missing that flavor so much right now :( 10/10!

*MIXABILITY and POWDER'S CONSERVATION: Mixability was overall excellent, only had problems mixing it like 1 or 2 times and it was because I used 8-10oz of water instead of the recommended 12-16oz because I wanted a stronger taste. If you use 8-10oz like I did, then you will need to shake it more. This is not hydrolyzed whey, shake it and stop complaining! You need to shake this for 30-60 seconds and remember, LIQUID FIRST! You put the liquid first and then the powder, not viceversa. Powder's conservation was great. The claims that ClusterDextrin resists humidity (I read it somewhere can't remember where right now) are true, not a single sign of humidity, so good job.

DOSING: They gave us new reviewers the 30 servings container, apparently it's a new version because they only had the 60 servings available before, which is the one old reviewers received (I'll talk more about this in the Effectiveness section). So considering it only had 30 servings, I had to take it only once per day. I tried this several ways: Preworkout, Intra-Workout, Post-Workout and during the day. Let's see which moment was the most effective for me...

EFFECTIVENESS

Before beginning, I would like to talk a little more about the 30 servings vs 60 servings. First, I'm not complaining, I'm happy that I got to try this product but I think it's important to mention that someone taking 30 servings isn't the same as someone taking 60 servings, especially in a Carbohydrate supplement. Of course I would have preferred the 60 serving version, I won't be a hypocrite but that's not my point. The point is the following: If you read NutraBio's website, they say things like this: "Ingest 1-1.5 grams of carbohydrate per kilogram of body weight during the first 30 minutes after endurance exercise and every 2 hours for at least 4-6 hours after that." Also this: "An endurance athlete should strive to ingest 30-60 grams (1 to 2 scoops of SuperCarb) of carbohydrate per hour of endurance performance to maintain blood glucose levels. Strength-trained individuals may also benefit from this amount if exercise goes beyond 60 minutes and is high intensity."" Also this: "If carbohydrate is to be consumed immediately before exercise (<5 minutes), 50 grams (less for women) can enhance performance without overloading the stomach at the onset of exercise. Two scoops of NutraBio SuperCarb would cover this amount." Also this: "Ingest 50-75 grams of carbohydrate 30-60 minutes before exercise. Two scoops of NutraBio SuperCarb would cover this amount." and so on...

If you read it, you will see it recommends 2 scoops to really feel the effects they want you to feel. But anyways, before beginning with effectiveness, my expectations were that the perfect moment this product was going to shine was pre-workout, then post-workout and at last intra-workout. Let's see how it ended:

INTRA-WORKOUT: Remember my expectation of this being the last option to consider when taking this product? Well I was wrong! Everytime I took this intra-workout, it worked great! I have to say that the Effectiveness with only 1 scoop of this product, during my workout, worked to something close to 10! 1 scoop of Super Carb provided 45-60 minutes of additional energy to finish my workouts with a good amount of strength, endurance, less fatigue, more hydration, etc. And no, it wasn't my preworkout giving me those effects. Infact, almost all the days I took this intra-workout, I was feeling like crap first but when I took Super Carb intra-workout, it revived me! I still don't know why I was feeling bad, sad, without motivation, etc. But Super Carb even helped me with the motivation (it's not supposed to!). I was very surprised with these effects, it worked better than any aminoacid supplement I've taken intra-workout. Strength was increased, endurance was increased, recovery time between sets was reduced, hydration was excellent, I went like 4-5 sets without drinking 1 single drop of water, I usually drink water after I finish every set so this was like a miracle, I could feel all the claims working completely. If this worked like this with 1 scoop, I imagine what it can do with 2 scoops at once! (This is where I would have liked 60 servings, to try it with 2 scoops). I'm still happy though! So intra-workout was the best moment NutraBio Super Carb worked. Worked so much better than their other product IntraBlast lol! Ohhh btw, I almost forget, the way I drank it Intra-Workout was all at once, 10oz of water with Super Carb, drank it all at once

PRE-WORKOUT: Like I said, I thought this was going to be the perfect moment to take Super Carb (like with NutraBio PRE Extreme) but Intra-Workout was much better. I could still feel the effects pre-workout though. The pre-workout I was taking didn't have Creatine (No it's not Pathogen) so the Carbs were good for strength. I combined this with my pre-workout or sometimes when I didn't have time to eat a pre-workout meal, I took it as my pre-workout meal. I feel it did a good job, it worked like an 8 (based on SR standards) which is more than good, but I feel 2 scoops would have taken this to the next level (Again, this is where I would have liked 60 servings to try it with 2 scoops).

POST-WORKOUT: I also tried Super Carb after my workouts to see if it helped with recovery. Like I said, I lift from Monday to Friday without rest days in between them. So I'm always looking for faster recovery, faster energy for my workouts, etc. I was dissapointed with the effects Post-Workout, it worked like 6 or 7 (if I'm generous). I could feel it working for the first 30 minutes but recovery for the next day? Not really... But after reading what NutraBio said (I quoted above), then it's expected because I only took 1 scoop. When it's post-workout, it should be a minimum of 2 scoops to really feel the effects completely. (Again, this is where I would have liked 60 servings to try it with 2 scoops).

DURING THE DAY: Well, this one didn't happen often. I was saving my servings for intra-workout or another moment lol. During the day was sometimes after my breakfast to increase the carbs amount of it. Or when I didn't have time to eat a pre-workout meal, then I would take this. I think it helped but like I've been saying, this is where I would have liked 60 servings to try it with 2 scoops.

It's like comparing a 2lbs protein with a 5lbs of the same protein. With the 5lbs, you can increase the scoops you take per day and you should have better results. I'm not saying anything strange here so I hope I was able to explain clearly about my point (that seems impossible in this website these days...). Overall, I'm satisfied with NutraBio Super Carb, it proved to be effective even with 1 scoop but I had to put 8.5 because post-workout was dissapointing (with 1 scoop) and pre-workout could have been better (maybe my expectations as preworkout were too high considering PRE Extreme results). 8.5 is not bad, it's actually pretty good. But I'm slightly dissapointed because I know that if I would have used 2 scoops, Effectiveness could have easily been a 9 or 9.5 out of 10. That's why I had to explain my point about the 30 serving vs 60 serving. I still think it was a great idea to make the 30 servings version because not everybody will pay for the 60 servings version. Talking about Value, let's move on to Value.

VALUE

Aaaaaaand this is another important part. When talking about Value, people use several methods to rate it. Some would say: Ok this has 30 servings, price is $33 so this has a great value because it's just a little over $1 per serving. Cool! Well Sir, hold on right there and listen. When you're going to rate Value, there are several factors you need to include in your analysis, for example: Market price, form of processing, amount of ingredients, quality of ingredients, dose of ingredients, amount of servings and many other factors. Your simplistic way of rating the Value is that, SIMPLE but it's INCOMPLETE. You have the right to use the simple method, infact, that's the first thing we have to use. But don't come here and want/expect your simplistic view to become a complete way of judging a Value. In my opinion (yea only mine it seems), those simple methods belong to Amazon or Bodybuilding.com, not the quality I expect in this website. It's like if I go to the Effectiveness section and say: "Ok, the product worked well overall, I'm happy with it". Now compare that with a review that divides the areas of effectiveness (of a preworkout for example).

Ok having finished my rant, which is related to my next comment, I have to say that the simple method tells me it's a good value. 30 servings for $32.99, a little over $1 per serving. That's like an 8 or 8.5. Top quality carbohydrate, dextrose is way cheaper than ClusterDextrin but you're paying for top quality so the comparisons wouldn't be so adequate here. I looked for other products similar to NutraBio Super Carb and they are more or less the same (but without electrolytes so it's cool). BUT! yes, there's a big BUT (not butt you pervert), NutraBio's worst problem with this product is that Gaspari Glycofuse exists. NutraBio Super Carb is $32.99 for 30 servings and $59.99 for 60 servings. Gaspari Glycofuse is $46 for 60 servings. If you google better, you can find Glycofuse for $39.89 (do your job I'm not going to do it for you hahaha). So right now, for $6.9 more, I get 2x more servings for a very similar profile (same ingredients). Considering I don't know if that $39.89 price is stable, then that's why I decided to put a 7 to Value, also because the product was highly effective and top quality so that helped the Value too. Gaspari can't be trusted so much and I haven't tried Glycofuse so that gives NutraBio the benefit of the doubt.

Having said all of that, I'll give a 7 to be generous and give NutraBio the benefit of the doubt because I think a 6 would have been more precise, because we're talking about a $20 difference or a $14 difference. That's a lot. And this is the importance of using the factors I mentioned above. That's why I take days writing reviews (well and also because I keep doing other things instead of writing! lol). NutraBio will have to do something about this...

SIDE EFFECTS

The side effects section is usually not so important unless you got side effects. But with Carbs, having no side effects is more important and I had no side effects with Super Carb. So the claims of easier digestion were completely met. Never had to run to the bathroom because of taking Super Carb, I felt the 25 grams of ClusterDextrin and the electrolyte blend were all used by my body effectively and efficiently.

CONCLUSION

NutraBio makes elite products and Super Carb wasn't the exception, great job. Top Quality ingredients. Effective ingredients. 1 scoop provided 45-60 mins of additional energy, more endurance, less fatigue, more hydration so most if not all the claims made were fulfilled. I think that if I would have used 2 scoops per serving or 2 scoops per day, the rating could have gone up easily to 9 and even 9.5 (except Value lol although it would have increased too). Perfect moment to take this: Intra-Workout, 45-60 minutes after you start your workout. 1 scoop will give you benefits for that same amount of time so a preworkout will cover you for the first 45-60 minutes and then you can take Super Carb to help you with the final 45-60 minutes. I really loved this product, it will have a place in my heart <3 (Hey I can be romantic too :D)

SUGGESTIONS FOR THE COMPANY

1. Check the Value...
2. Congratulate the person that came up with the Pineapple idea and whoever made the formula, perfect job!
  • Pineapple: 10/10

December 6, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • High Quality
  • No Bloat
  • Clumps If Not Mixed Immediately

What's up SR community Dr. G. here for another review. Today I am reviewing Super Carb by Nutrabio. I have never taken a product like this so this type of product is brand new to me. I think that overall I had a good experience with it to the point that I would consider trying something similar in the future. I would recommend this to anyone trying to enhance their workout to a degree to where they know extra energy would be needed.

Rapid Glycogen Pre-Load System - Highly Branched Cyclic Dextrin (25g) -this is produced by breaking down starch and using an enzyme to form sugar molecules. This substance has a high molecular weight and low osmolality thereby reducing the time it spends in your stomach and reduces any discomfort that you may feel in your stomach during a workout. This is different then the normal carb which provides a spike in energy, this one provides a sustained release of energy over time. This is mainly used for those looking to gain endurance or to recovery after a long and intense workout session, lifting or cardio based.
Electrolyte Optimizer (822mg)
- Calci-K (525mg) - this is a readily absorbable form of calcium and no additional suspending agents are necessary to keep this ingredient effective.
- Sodium Phosphate (157mg) - it has been said that this can increased performance and increase max O2 in male athletes.
- Albion Di-Magnesium Malate (140mg)- this may be beneficial to combat fatigue and even has properties to relive pain temporarily.

The bottle that I received was flavored orange mango. Taste was okay but nothing to rave over. I would have much rather had watermelon or something similar. The after taste was the worst past tasting somewhat like medication. One scoop of this was 28 grams. The scoop for this product is fairly large and larger than I would prefer. One large side affect of the mixability was that if I didn't have enough water or if I didn't mix it hard enough the substance would result in clumping. That is one thing to watch out for if you choose to try this product. Like I stated, the scoop was a little large for me which resulted in a large amount of powder in every serving.

I would give the effectiveness an "A". For me I tried to take this product when I knew I was going to have a harder workout. For me this was about 3-4 times a week with my other two workouts being a little more mild. During the times when I took this product I noticed an increased in energy and the ability to withstand any deterioration in intensity during the workouts. There was two specific times in which I wanted to comment on when I did this review. The first was during a time when I first played basketball for my cardio for 1 hour then decided to do a hard arm day. Since basketball depleted my carb and glucose for energy I knew I needed something to combat this in order to continue on and workout for another hour (this was one of the first servings I took when I received this product). After basketball I felt weak and a lack of energy. I drank this in my shaker bottle and 15-20 mins later I really felt a difference. I gained energy and I felt a good rush of energy enabling me to complete the workout and then return home to eat a good meal to replenish my macros effectively. The second instance was more associated with a hard workout day. I was performing squats for 6 sets of 6 then into box squats and front squats. Now, the first exercises alone are hard work with heavy ass weight, then trying to combine those with the rest of a workout was energy depleting. Once again decided to take this product this time during the lifting part after my box squats and once again felt a good rush of energy. I think overall this product did what it is meant to do and is recommended from my end.

I found SuperCarb on Amazon.com for $59.99 for 60 servings which comes to almost $1.00 per serving. I also found the 30 serving bottle for $32.99 which comes to $1.1 per serving also on amazon. On the Nutrabio website the 30 serving container is the same price at $32.99. Since the product worked pretty well for me I do not mind paying this for a quality product.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Overall I think this is a solid product for those looking for a energy boost during their long and hard workouts. I rarely used it as a recovery formula, but I know that it helped play a role in that category just be the shear nature of it. For anyone looking to gain additional carbs to enhance their workout performance or gain additional energy in the gym I recommend to try this product or something similar. As always Love happy and Live healthy

Dr. G
  • Orange Mango: 6/10

December 1, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • High Quality
  • No Bloat
  • True Label Disclosure
  • Can Be Expensive Depending On Serving Size
  • Clumps If Not Mixed Immediately

What's going on SR fam! I would like to thank NutraBio and the Trooper programs for the opportunity to try Super Carb. Carbs are an important ingredient to fuel the body and the brain. Many of us use a carb supplement as a way to keep us going at the gym and to avoid any sugar drops. I have used a number of carbs supplements in the past; therefore, when I saw Super Carb come up, I decided to try it and compare it to the others I have used.

The main goodie in Super carb is Branched Cyclic Dextrin; there is 25 mg per serving. This is what makes Super Carb super, it release slow and allows the body not to make your pancreas increase its production of sugar, which we know, when we get a sugar spike, the crash is coming soon. In addition, you benefit from the stable level of sugars, so you can work out early in the am on an empty stomach, as many of us do, and not worry about feeling light headed due to low sugar. Furthermore, Super Carb provide you with 822 mg of Electrolytes, which will help regulate your potassium levels as we sweat and avoid those nasty cramps we sometimes get on high intensity cardio routines.

Taste - To me, was not that bad, there are no dies.

Mix - Here is where you will need to maybe invest in that early 2000s "Shaker Weight". Even when you add the required amount of liquid, you will need to shake a lot. Sometimes it clumps up and small pieces can make you gag. Therefore, you will need to keep shaking to avoid the clumping.

Dosing - I used Super Carb mostly as an intera workout supplement; however, on some occasions, I would had a serving to a whey isolate as a recovery drink.

Super Carb to me was just plane super! I typically workout out in the morning, around 5am, and I am one who does not like to eat before hitting the gym. In the pass, I would put a tablespoon of honey under my tongue to keep myself from having a sugar drop. However, while using Super Carb, I did not experience any drops at all. In fact, I was able to last an entire workout with feeling light headed, especially when doing legs. In addition, my endurance levels were increase, especially when doing a row workout on the Concept 2. I did not experience any craping what so ever.

When I added a scoop with a whey isolate for recovery, it was the one, two punch I needed. Typically after consuming an Isolate protein, within 20 mins after, I already hungry; however, when I stack it with Super Carb, I would go about 2 to 3 hours before feeling hungry.

Super Carbs comes in 30 serving and 60 serving tubs, which retail for $30 and $54 ($49 was the cheapest I found the 60 servings at a local sup store). Considering that you sue Super Carb on workout days only, that is 30 workouts for $30 buck, which could last up to 5 weeks, unless you work out every day.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Super Carb is yet, another excellent product in Nutrabio's line of supplements; the Amazon of supplement companies. This has been one of the most effective carb supplements I have used; it supported Nutrabio's claim. In my opinion, everyone should try Super Carb; it is one of those supplements that will help you achieve your goals. I would like to thank NutraBio again for the opportunity.

November 26, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • High Quality
  • True Label Disclosure
  • No Proprietary Blend
  • Sustains Energy Level
  • Clumps If Not Mixed Immediately

Ingesting carbohydrates during my workouts has actually been a practice that I have had yet to implement into my fitness regime up until I tried out Super Carb. There are a bunch of recent products on the market that are trying to reap the need for this new category by including "somewhat" new cyclic dextrin to maintain glycogen stores throughout strenuous workouts and keep our muscles pumping all the way through. Up until a few years ago the main products I could think of off the top of my head that even emulated this category were Vitargo S2 and Karbolyn. I want to give a quick thanks to NutraBio for giving me the chance to test out Super Carb! Lets see how it stacks up to the competition!

Highly Branched Cyclic Dextrin (25g): This is the main ingredient in Super Carb, which is technically referring to this ingredient as the "Super Carb". Cyclic Dextrin is a unique sugar molecule that has a clustered structure derived from starch. It differs from your average sugar molecule in its improved solubility, faster gastric emptying time and sustained energy it provides without significantly increasing blood sugar due to gradual absorption to keep sugar spiking from occuring. It has proven to be a fairly effective intra-workout supplement as of late and has garnered the attention of many supplement companies to create their own formulations for consumers, unfortunately it's quite a bit more expensive than your average dextrose or maltodextrin bag of sugar but for good reason!

Electrolyte Optimizer (822mg): Features of combination of calcium, sodium, and magnesium ingredients to maintain an optimal electrolyte balance that will last throughout an intense workout. The inclusion of magnesium will also likely help with reducing the incidence of muscle cramping. This is an all-around great ingredient to include in any intra-based workout supplement.

I had the chance to try out the pineapple flavor for Super Carb which I personally really enjoyed. It literally has a striking similarity to the Dole canned pineapple juice that I'm sure many of us have had the chance of tasting during our younger years, not too sweet nor citrus-y. It mixes well if you pour it into the recommended 16oz of water and give it a good hard shake. I did notice that if I poured a scoop early into a semi-wet water bottle and let it sit for longer than 10 minutes I would get some significant clumping that the casual shake just couldn't undo. The dosing is pretty standard in comparison to a protein supplement since it uses a larger 25g scooper but since the powder is fairly grainy it isn't messy and pours very easily into any sized bottle.

I typically tossed a scoop of Super Carb into my Nalgene water bottle immediately after downing my pre-workout mixture. By the time I got all my stuff set and was able to fill up my bottle with water I would very often be stuck with some serious clumps of Super Carb that required some serious heavy-duty shaking to fix which would probably not have been an issue had I mixed it with water immediately after taking my preworkout (just a quick word of warning). I sipped the mixture throughout my workout between sets to rehydrate and I must say that this stuff is really tasty and is far more delicious than any BCAA product I can remember. It kept my energy levels pretty stable throughout my workout too without allowing me to feel too jittery at the beginning of my workout nor too exhausted by the end. It also provided me with some serious pumps in the gym that I can clearly blame on the carbohydrates filling into my muscle cells which is ALWAYS a huge plus. Overall I really enjoyed using Super Carb and would consider using this product indefinitely in the future to enhance my overall workout performance.

After looking around the internet for the best deals on Super Carb I surprisingly found GNC offered it for the cheapest price at about $26.50 which is definitely a first in my book since I typically steer people away from that store due to overpricing (maybe their changing their ways?). At this price point each serving is just under $1 which does pit it competitively against other brands similar cyclic dextrin products and considering the amazing track record of Nutra Bio I'd say that Super Carb is your best bet within the category.

Side Effects

I experienced no negative effects for using Super Carb.

Conclusion

I've had the pleasure of reviewing quite a few of NutraBio's products and I may sound biased when I review their supplements but I just give credit where it's due and NutraBio has more than earned its respect in the supplement industry with its product label honesty, vast array of products, clinical dosing, high quality ingredients, and competitive pricing. Super Carb is no exception to this, NutraBio has created a top contender in the carbohydrate post/intra workout category by utilizing the new and effective cyclic dextrin to create a pretty tasty and helpful supplement. Due to its great price point in comparison to other competitors I would have to give the nod to choose NutraBio just because they have such a great track record as a brand and you really do know exactly what you're getting. So not a big surprise but NutraBio has once again hit the mark with Super Carb! Cheers Fellas!
  • Pineapple: 9/10

November 21, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • High Quality
  • No Bloat
  • True Label Disclosure
  • Improved Recovery

I'm a competing powerlifter, and I just started my off season. I'm trying to lose as much fat as I can (within reason) before the end of the year, and next year, I'm going to try to put on some more muscle. I'm a bit undersized for my weight class.

This is a very straight forward carb supplement from Nutra Bio (open label as always).

In one scoop (28g), we get 25g of Highly Branched Cyclic Dextrin and the following electrolytes (525mg Calci-K, 157mg Sodium Phosphate, and 140mg Di Magnesium Malate).

The rest is flavoring and coloring.

Highly Branched Cyclic Dextrin is a popular carb source because it spends less time in your stomach than other carb sources, e.g. glucose. This means faster absorption of nutrients, increased post-workout recovery, and less bloating.

25 grams is a common dose. I couldn't find much on what is a clinical dose. I did find a study where 15g was enough to reduce the athletes rate of perceived exertion, but I suspect that the right dose will be highly individual.

I got the orange mango flavor, and it's pretty good albeit a little light in flavor, 8/10. The orange was more pronounced for me than the mango.

It tastes more like an orange candy flavor than a natural orange flavor.

The mixability was great, 10/10. I used a shaker bottle and had no grittiness and no residue on the bottom, which has been a problem for me with other carb supplements.

I used 20g most times as I was cutting, and I wanted to save more of my calories for my meals. The one exception was on my meet when I had 40g that day (20g in each shaker bottle).

My energy held up through out that day, so I would say 40g is a good amount if you'll be working out for an extended amount of time, like at a meet or a tournament. 20g was sufficient for my normal workouts.

I used this product intra workout and for me it was quite effective, 9/10.

I found that my energy levels stayed high through out my workouts, my pumps were fuller, and that my hydration was pretty good (no cotton mouth, etc).

I found that I was less sore after my workouts.
    Also, I experienced no bloating, cramping, or any other issues that some people have with carb supplements.

I enjoyed Super Carb on its own and stacked with Intra Blast.

You can get the 2lb tub (30 servings) for $30 or the 4lb tub (60 servings) for $54. This comes down to $1/serving for the small tub and $.90/serving for the large one.

I think this is pretty fair. Nutra Bio is using a trademarked form HBCD Cluster Dextrin, which of course will cost more than just using any HBCD.

I found three other companies that use it

and two of them charged more. One charges $2/serving (the serving size is slightly larger), and the other charges about $1.28.

One of the companies costs less, $.70/serving, but this company has been caught amino spiking and selling other products that were adulterated.

I would rather pay more for a brand I can trust.

Side Effects

None for me.

--Conclusion----

Super Carb is a very good carb supplement, and I would recommend it to anyone who one to try.

Great job Nutra Bio!