(Better than 97% in Pre-Workout > Stimulant)

Pre-Kaged is a Pre-Workout manufactured by Kaged Muscle. It is designed to help provide a pre-training advantage by increasing mental focus, muscle performance, endurance and blood flow. This creates an environment optimal for increasing muscle mass and losing body fat.
ARTICLES

July 23, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • High Quality Ingredients
  • Dye Free
  • Actual 1 Scoop PWO
  • Disclosed Label
  • On The Expensive Side
  • Exclusive To One Retailer
  • Not For Stim Tolerant
When I purchase my tub of Pre-Kaged by Kaged Muscle, I was really excited to try what appeared on the label to be one of the most complete all-in-one pre-workouts on the market. Pre-Kaged is built in the mould of other all-in-one clinically-dosed PWOs such as NutraBio's Pre and my personal all-time favourite Muscle Marinade from Purus Labs. When it comes to full-spectrum PWOs like Pre-Kaged, you expect big things. So let's see how Pre-Kaged fared.

INGREDIENT PROFILE - 9.2/10

On the surface, this ingredient profile looks amazing. The label is so comprehensive they need to put it sideways to fit all the info in. There's sticker after sticker of high-quality, patented ingredients. There's stickers telling you that it was made in the best facilities in the universe, and that no dumbbells are harmed in the production of this product. It's almost too good to be true. But when you dig into it, it's not all what it seems. Don't take that the wrong way, I still give the ingredient profile 9.2/10, which is a great score, but I feel like there are some things that could be improved/changed. I'll break them down below:

Pro-Pump complex - The level of L-Citrullene is great, but that's it. If you don't respond to it, then you're going to be hard pressed to get a pump. In all honesty though, I do respond to L-Citrullene so I don't have an issue with this blend.

Muscle Fuel Matrix - In other words, BCAAs. 3.5g of them. But it's a bit tricky, cos the next complex is 3g L-Leucine. So really, 6.5g of BCAAS, right? If that's true, then this is a good amount.

Endura-Burn Matrix - Beta alanine at half the clinical dose. Even though it's the patented Carnosyn, I still feel you need the clinical dose for maximum effectiveness. The capsicum extract didn't do much for me, apart from giving me a funny aftertaste.

Strength & Power - A bit underwhelming. 2g of BetaPower is nice, I would like 2.5g in my PWOs though. The Creatine HCl is also under-dosed IMO, I feel with creatine you gotta put in 5g of creapure, or none at all.

Hydrate & Defend - As others have said, 500mg coconut water extract is about half what most people want. I didn't feel a hydration benefit from Pre-Kaged, so im going to agree with them. The other 'stuff' is just that, 'stuff'.

Neuro-Focus Matrix - The taurine is good, the caffeine is a little bit below pare for most people. I would have liked to have seen some other focus ingredients in here, as I didn't feel the tunnel-vision focus I was expecting from this sort of product.

There are minimal dyes and flavours, meaning your shaker and insides don't get stained, which is always a plus. I have to give it to Kaged Muscle for being able to pack so much into a PWO and still make it 1 - mix well and 2 - taste bearable.

Taste - 7/10

I had the fruit punch flavour. It tasted good, but was not amazing. I got through the tub without hating it, but without loving it, hence the middle of the road rating.

Mixability - 8/10

Pre-Kaged mixed up well in a shaker cup, although there was some grit down the bottom that could be swirled up, but you could never leave your shaker completely clean. Not that all unexpected with such a comprehensive ingredient profile.

Dosage - As this is a true one-scooper that's how I dosed it. If you need to take more than 1 scoop of a PWO that is 32g then the PWO just isn't effective in my opinion.

Effectiveness - 8.8/10

The effectiveness of Pre-Kaged is broken down into the respective categories that a PWO should have:

Energy - 8/10

With not enough caffeine in my opinion, and not many supporting energy or focus ingredients, it was always going to struggle to blow you away. And so it was. The focus and energy was increased, and there was no jitters or crash, but it just wasn't 'enough' for me and I assume for many other (as I am not a stim junkie).

Pump - 9.5/10

The pump was real, and I attribute a lot of that to me responding well to L-Citrullene. If you didn't respond well to L-Citrulline then you might not see the same results.

Endurance & Hydration - 8/10

With the BCAAs and the coconut extract, I was expecting more from the endurance aspect of Pre-Kaged. I was a little disappointed in this regard. The endurance and hydration was no better than your standard intra BCAA drink, which you can pick up for really cheap.

Strength & Power - 8.5/10

Again, nothing earth-shattering, but competent. I didn't feel like I was hitting extra reps or doing heavier weight because of Pre-Kaged. I think a lot of this component ties in with the energy, if you are in the zone and focused then you tend to lift more weight or lift more reps. If you don't have that tunnel-vision focus, then I don't think you can truly benefit from extra reps/weight.

Recovery - 8/10

I didn't feel an increase, or decrease, in my recovery from normal with Pre-Kaged. I must point out that half way through my tub of Pre-Kaged I added in BioGro into my recovery stack, which I respond really well too, and it was noticeable within a week that my recovery was improving. That's the benchmark for me, and although Pre-Kaged is not touted as a recovery product, the addition of the BCAAs should
improve your recovery. They did, but I wouldn't say any more than your standard intra BCAA product.

Side Effects - 0/10

Nothing to report here, all good as you would expect with high-quality ingredients.

VALUE - 7.5/10

When you're talking a PWO that's going to cost you $1.50 a serving, you're talking top tier. When you're talking top tier pricing, you demand top tier performance. I have no issues paying $1.50 a serving of PWO if the performance warrants it. For the profile of Pre-Kaged you'd go yeah sure, all those quality ingredients cost a lot, I'm happy to shell out for it. BUT it must perform to a level that matches 1 - the quality of the ingredients and 2 - the price. Otherwise you could just get a high stim PWO and some intra product for the same price and get a better result. I felt for the price Pre-Kaged did not perform to a standard I would expect, hence the middle of the road rating. I have not really seen Pre-Kaged on sale, so the $1.50 a serving price tag seems to be the standard. I'd pay that much per serving for my absolute top PWOs, I would not pay that much again for Pre-Kaged.

CONCLUSION - 8/10

I was really excited to get into Pre-Kaged. I like the comprehensive PWOs that have everything included and use high-quality ingredients. Pre-Kaged worked well for me, but I was a little disappointed with the overall performance for what promised to be the top level of PWOs, among the best I've ever used. I was happy to pay the extra for this product, if the performance warranted it. In the end I have to admit that while I did enjoy my time on Pre-Kaged, I will be looking elsewhere for my next full-spectrum PWO. Would I buy this again with my own money? Probably not unless it was on special. Would I recommend this product to others? To serious experienced gym goers? Probably not. It would be a good PWO for someone who just goes to the gym and wants an everything in one PWO.

Other Prices:
Amazon   $35.98
Muscle and Strength   $35.98
A1Supplements   $35.98

February 13, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • High Quality Ingredients
  • Dye Free
  • Actual 1 Scoop PWO
  • Effectively Dosed
  • Nice Amount Of Caffeine
  • Disclosed Label
  • Not For Stim Tolerant

In the interest of full disclosure, I received this product via a forum promotion quite some time ago. After putting it through its paces to get what I would consider a fair assessment of the product, I reviewed the supplement as agreed upon and, after doing so, I shelved a bit under half a tub (~10 servings) to work through the surplus of other pre-workouts I had accumulated through various deals (BOGO free, BOGO 50% off). After recently finishing a tub of PreSeries Bulk, I found myself looking through my pantry for something else to try instead of moving onto my second tub of Bulk and that's when I decided it was time to finish off my Pre-Kaged. In doing so, I found myself enjoying the product even more than I did during my first go-round and felt it worthy to be reviewed on this site which has gained a ton of traction as the go-to source for unbiased feedback.

For anyone remotely familiar with pre-workout supplements, it's easy to see that Pre-Kaged is a homerun on paper. With 6.5 grams of pure l-citrulline, a whopping two grams of taurine, solid doses of two forms of l-tyrosine and a sweet spot (for my preferences) of 274 mg's of PurCaf, which is 90.5% caffeine by weight netting ~248 mg's of actual caffeine, the additional BCAA's, hydration and antioxidant blends are just icing on an already ergogenic cake. Factor in the lack of artificial additives and you'll have a hard time finding a more well-rounded product.

For the longest time this product was only available in fruit punch. I cannot remember a time when a fruit punch flavor would be at the top of my list of preferred flavorings so I was not overly excited about this one either. With that said, it's a surprisingly mild flavor that is identifiable as fruit punch but not overbearing by any means. The product mixes relatively well considering the serving size but a few swirls of additional water when drinking the last few drinks is necessary to avoid leaving any residue behind. Being mindful of my caffeine intake, I did start out by measuring each scoop of powder to ensure I was getting the desired dosing. I found that filling the scoop to the top ended up being slightly more than the serving size indicated so I usually opted to fill it to the just below that to keep myself in check.

My initial assessment of Pre-Kaged was very positive but I would be lying if I said that the original price point didn't make it hard for me to justify buying another tub. After making my way through the second half of the tub, I found myself enjoying my workouts even more than I recalled from before. I recall having increased energy levels previously but didn't really note much in the way of increased focus or mood improvements but, for reasons I can't quite explain, those two aspects seemed much more prominent this time around. I look forward to the gym even more knowing that my energy, focus and mood will be boosted which carries over into the start of my work day which is always a plus.

Additionally, I found the pumps and vascularity to be quite noticeable when training fasted previously but I am now using 25 grams of Cutler Nutrition's Total Carb and the pumps have been taken to another level completely. The synergy between the l-citrulline and the fast-digesting carbs is a combo I don't see myself straying from anytime soon.

I never notice huge increases in endurance from pre-workouts as I find nutrition and adaptation to my training program are what really drive my ability to squeeze out more reps in a given workout. I do see myself recovering between sets a bit quicker when using Pre-Kaged and my recovery between gym sessions seems to have increased slightly as well. With that said, the majority of any lifter's progress will be dictated by their training and diet so don't expect a pre-workout (even one as well-rounded as Pre-Kaged) to be a substitute for consistency in the most important aspects of your protocol.

As mentioned above, the price point was a barrier before simply because of the myriad of options available with competitive price points. Based on my newfound level of enjoyment of this product, I am confident that I'll be pulling the trigger on a tub (or two) and giving their new crisp apple flavor a try in the near future. Thankfully, the sales I have seen for this product more recently have made it much more cost-effective than when originally launched and it's obvious that Kaged Muscle did not cut any corners with patented ingredients and effective doses of all key ingredients.

Side Effects

No adverse side effects to be reported here.

Conclusion

Pre-Kaged is a winner. I can say with confidence that supporting a company like Kaged Muscle that is trying to buck all of the trends that, in my opinion, have plagued the supplement industry for some time now, is a worthwhile decision. Pre-Kaged covers all the bases you would expect a pre-workout to cover and then some. I recommend this product to anyone looking for a clean, well-rounded product that does not try to geek you out via an overload of caffeine and/or novel stimulants that may or may not be on the market a year from now.

Other Prices:
Amazon   $35.98
Muscle and Strength   $35.98
A1Supplements   $35.98

October 4, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • High Quality Ingredients
  • Disclosed Label
  • Nice Amount Of Caffeine
  • Good Leucine Dosing
  • Effectively Dosed
  • Light On Creatine
  • Settles Quickly
  • Not Enough Caffeine
First off I want to give a big thank you to Kaged Muscle for letting me have the chance to try this. I had seen a lot of the reviews on here for this and it really got my interest in wanting to try this. This will be my second ever Kaged Muscle product I have gotten to try with there first product being their HCl creatine product. For a pre-workout this has a lot of really good stuff in here and was really excited to see how well this would work for me since a lot of the reviews for this were giving it high ratings. With the markets being so flooded with pre-workouts right now I was really interested in seeing how this would compared to a lot of the other ones out there. After using this product I was rather surprised with how this worked for me.

Ingredients:
For a pre-workout this has a lot of really good stuff in here. For the most part they list everything in this which I really like. I am glad they don't use any prop blends in this and let us know what all you are getting. I liked that they use patented ingredients in this with there being seven different ones. I really like how everything is fairly well dosed at higher amounts so it make it more effect. I thought it was kind of interesting that they have some bcaas in this and they are fermented aminos. This meaning they come from plant sources instead of animals. I also thought it was kind of different to have capsimax in this which helps with burning calories. Not may pre-works use this ingredient. I also really like that you only need one scoop to get the full dosages of everything in this. The kind of caffeine they use in this is purcaf organic caffeine. I thought that was kind of different. How this organic caffeine is different than regular I don't know and would like to know why they used that instead of regular caffeine. I think they have most every area in this covered pretty well with ingredients to help you. Most of the other reviews have explained on the ingredients pretty well so I won't saw to much more. I also like that they have posted on the front of the label saying this is banned substance free.

Value:
The cheapest I could find this was on lockoutsupplements.com for $34.95 for 20 servings. I think for 20 servings this is a little high. I would say if you were getting 30 servings then this would not be to bad a price. I would like to see this drop to around the mid to high 20 dollar range. I do understand they have a lot of really high quality ingredients in this so it's hard to lower the price a real lot. I would like to see them up the servings to at least 30 which more pre-workouts have.

Taste:
This comes in one flavor only fruit punch. Fruit punch is one of those run of the mill flavors that every company seems to have. I have had a lot of fruit punch flavors and they have all tasted different. This was one of those fruit punch flavors I was not real crazy about. When mixed it seemed a little on the heavy side and had a little bit of a gritty taste to it. I noticed right away that it has a little bit of a sour taste to it. For me this was a little to bitter and tart for my liking. Some days it was not to bad to drink and then other days I was not to excited to drink this. It's still bearable to drink as long as you slam it. I know if I did not use a lot of water when mixing this it made the sour taste a little to strong. At times I wanted to use more water to help dilute it more so it would not be as strong but I did not want all that extra in my system all at once. I did notice a bit the little spicy capsicun they put in here if they did not get fully mixed up. Everyone once in awhile I would have some that I taste and would get that little bit of burning in my mouth. I like what they do but not when you taste them. I really hope they come out with so more flavors which I feel they really need to do since a lot of people I know are not big fans of fruit punch all the time.

Mixing/Dosing
Mixing was ok. I notice as soon as I would start to shake this up it would start to foam up right away. Then I noticed a lot of the ingredients would start to settle to the bottom of my shaker bottle rather quickly. I had to keep shaking this a lot to help keep everything from settling to the bottom of my shaker. Dosing was very simple with this. All you need is one scoop. They make the scoop size fairly big so you only need one scoop which I really like so you can get the full 20 servings they put in this. I would take this right away when I got done with work so it could start kicking in on my way to the gym.

I was rather interested in seeing how this would work for me compared to all the other pre-workouts I have used. I think this did a great job at hitting all those areas I look for in a pre-workout. Very well rounded product when it comes to helping you in all areas.

The first few times when I started taking this it kept giving me a little bit of upset stomach. About half way through my workouts I could feel this and it made it really hard to want to finish my workouts. I had contacted the company on facebook about this to see if there was anything in particular they put in this that might be causing me this problem. They got back to me and mentioned a few things that might be causing me the upset stomach but I knew it was none of those reason because I have used those ingredients before with no issues. I figured it was probably from having so many different ingredients in this and taking them all at once that was causing me the upset stomach and they said yes that could be the reason because I had this happen before when there are a lot of different ingredients in a pre-workout. I figured if this keeps happening I would have to stop using this because of how I felt. I tried to have a little bit of food in my system closer to the time I would take this and hoped that would help some which it has in the past. I decided to keep using it and after about a week or so I did not notice the upset stomach anymore and was able to finish the rest of the container with no more upset stomach issues.

The energy and endurance/focus I got from this was pretty decent. This has 274mg of caffeine in this which is a fair amount but not a real high amount for which I like but it still seemed to help me keep going. I understand they don't want to go to high on the caffeine so this will work for everyone one but I like a much higher amount of caffeine around 350-400mg. Lately I have been doing a lot more sets and reps and going semi heavy on the weights trying to bulk and put on a little more size. Usually when ever I start to bulk more I start to get very bloated in the stomach and feel it a lot more and don't look as good either. I noticed my body weight had gone up a little but I was not feeling it a lot in the stomach. Usually when I start to gain weight I start to notice it a lot in the stomach and feel a lot more bloated. With this I did not notice a lot of bloating in the stomach which was really nice. I think part of it has to do with my diet which has been a lot better as of lately. I feel I have really leaned out more and been able to add more muscle with out looking all puffy like. I think this has really helped me at bulking more and keeping me more lean looking at the same time which is hard to do with out all the unwanted bloating.

I know my strength gains were much improved. Like I said I was trying to go semi heavy on the weights more so than just going really heavy all the time and then putting myself at more risk to get hurt which seems to happen when I go really heavy all the time. I think this really helped me maintain the heavy weight more. I felt like I could push some heavier weight around and do it without much trouble. My metal focus from this was really good I thought. I always felt that really good tunnel visions and could really lock into my workouts better. I usually workout 5-6 days a week 2 hours at a time and some of those days I really need all I can to get through those workouts and I feel this helped me at doing just that. I was not so sure on the pumps from this. I know it has a good dosage of citrulline 6.5g but I always seem to have a hard time noticing pumps unless I am working out really hard and taking very little time between sets. I do feel they were there at times but nothing real crazy like. I feel this really helped make me look a lot more vascular and more cut up. With this not causing me to feel all bloated like I think really helped me lot at looking more vascular and cut up. I think with the added aminos in this it helped me a little more at recovering a little quicker between sets and kept me going more. Do I think they were supper important to have in this no but a nice little bonus. The capsimax is suppose to help you sweet more and I do feel a sweated more but nothing crazy like I have noticed with a few other pre-workouts I have taken as of lately.

Side Effects.
Just that little bit of upset stomach I got the first few time I took this.

Overall:
I was rather pleased with this product and what all it did for me. I feel this has a great ingredient profile and will help you in a lot of different area. Very well rounded pre-workout. I would say for sure give this a try. I would say if you can stack this with some of their other products to help make it better but even if you don't you will still benefit a lot from this product I think. I stacked this with their In-Kaged and that really helped a lot and would recommend stacking these together for sure. Again I want to thank Kaged Muscle for letting me try this product.

September 1, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • High Quality Ingredients
  • Tasty
  • No Jitter
  • Gets You The Extra Rep
  • Settles Quickly
1. How did I find out about SR?
My friend, who is currently a reviewer, informed me about the reviews on this site.
2. What prompted me to be a review?
My opinionated personality prompted me to contribute to the community. Since I have taken tons of supplements over the last 6-7 years, I have a lot to say.
3. Fitness Goals?
My fitness goals are cycled right now. I am currently in a strength training phase, but I cycle with fat loss hypertrophy workouts. My strength training success has encouraged me to think about competition in deadlift and bench.
4. What other products do I plan to review?
Products I plan to review include but are not limited to: Evolution Nutrition Protein, GAT Nitraflex, Animal Protein, BPI Sports Best BCAA, Hydroxycut, In-Kaged, and Kaged BCAAs vegetable capsules.

Pre-Kaged by Kaged muscle is a great product with natural ingredients that will get you through your workout. It has proven to be a product with great taste and necessary for pre-workout supplementation.

Vitamin B12 - increase your energy and metabolism.

L-citrulline (6.5g): one of the three main dietary amino acids and normally used in many pre-workout supplements, but varies whether the company uses it as the main ingredient or not. In Pre-Kaged, L-citrulline is used as the means to provide you with that "pump" you look for. Mainly it is used as a performance and cardiovascular health supplement, but many companies use it as a means to provide help to your aerobic or anaerobic workout. Once in the body L-citrulline improves the ammonia recycling process and allows your body to increase NO metabolism. This is what provides the pump that many lifters feel when taking the product

Muscle Fuel Matrix (3.5g) -(Leucine, isoleucine, valine) - Leucine (1,750 mg) is more heavily used of the three listed. It is one of the the three BCAAs with benefits associated with muscle building. Leucine is an activator of of mTOR, a protein that causes muscle protein synthesis and allows lean mass from being broken down. In this product, Leucine (3g) is also used in as an anabolic activator.

Beta Alanine (1.6g) - building block of carosine, it helps increase acid in muscles which allows an increase in performance for about 1-2 mins, which results in an increase in endurance. This allows lifters to perform that "extra rep" and get that most out of your workout. Large does may create that "tingling" or "numbing" feeling, but is harmless. It also aids in lean-mass gain.

Natural Betaine (2g) - derived from sugar beet molasses, used in sports performance to prevent the cells from dehydration.

Taurine (2g) - present in many people's diets (meats) is a healthy heart and blood agent. For your workout, it will reduce cramping during your workout.

Caffeine (274 mg) - Most pre-workouts contain caffeine. Depending on your body's response it can affect people in different ways. Before taking any pre-workout make sure you know your body's tolerance to the different supplementation in these types of products.

I have only used their Fruit Punch flavor. I enjoy the flavor because it is not too sweet or sour, and does not have that "medication" taste to it. With around 16-20 oz of water it mixes well, BUT you may need to continually mix it to prevent deposition at the bottom of the cup. I have found that with slightly more water, around 32 oz, you can prevent this.

As with all supplement products it varies by individual. Since my tolerance to pre-workouts has always been high I judge the effectiveness based on longevity, and how well it helps me get through my lift and perform the extra rep. With regards for strength and hypertrophy training, this product is great. For strength gains it allows you to push to that 3rd and 4th rep instead of settling for 1 or 2, and for hypertrophy gains it allows you to fight through that burn to perform the extra reps to really work the muscle. For endurance purposes, such as cross-fit or HIIT training I can't comment.

I find this product a bit pricey for the servings you get (20 servings). I like to get supplements that last around a month with working out 5 time per week. It costs around $32-$35 for 20 servings depending on the store you buy it from, and you get 32g for every 1 scoop. In my opinion, even though slightly pricey, it is worth the price if your looking for a great product.

Side Effects

Possible stomach discomfort

Conclusion

Overall, this product will work and get you through those tough workouts and the days you get lazy. They have their own formulas and use natural material, and you can tell this because there is no hangover effect 4 to 5 hours after taking the product. Additionally, you don't get dehydrated like you do with some other pre-workout products. Right now, it is the best pre-workout I have found for my strength training workouts, and having a notable spokesperson in Kris Gethin does not hurt the brand.

9.1
  May 26, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Disclosed Label
  • High Quality Ingredients
  • Citruline Was Dosed Well
  • Dye Free
  • Actual 1 Scoop PWO
  • Nice Amount Of Caffeine

Introduction + Ingredient Profile

This is my second product from Kaged and again I was not disappointed. I liked the ingredient profile when I first saw it because of how much Kaged was able to get into the pre-workout. This is supposed to be paired with their intra workout, In-Kaged. Although I did use In-Kaged, I did not run them concurrently. Of course, whenever products are meant to be stacked together like that, some ingredients most likely will be under dosed as a standalone.

Kaged Muscle used many patented ingredients (seven if I counted correctly) in their profile. They start off their 32 g scoop with listing three different B vitamins. They have seven different sections in the profile which you could see under the product label tab. For pump, they included 6.5 g of l-citrulline and a patented form of Quercetin anhydrous called QU995. Quercetin has been said to be an anti-oxidant and improve blood health. The QU995 uses 99.5% pure Quercetin. For BCAAs, they have 3.5 g of them in a 2:1:1 ratio. There is also an additional 3 g of leucine bringing the total of leucine to 4.75 g. The BCAAs are fermented coming from plant sources rather than animals. There is only 1.6 g of Carnosyn beta-alanine and if there was one change I could make to this profile it would be to at least double the amount of beta-alanine. Capsimax is the patented version of capsicum extract that helps raise your body temperature and can help you burn more calories. Next is 2g of BetaPower betaine and 1.5 g of patented creatine HCl to assist with strength. There is 500 mg of coconut water powder to help with hydration and a 100 mg SPECTRA total ORAC blend consisting of many different anti-oxidants and super food extracts. Finally there is taurine, two types of tyrosine, and PurCaf caffeine at a dose of 274 mg.

Dosing/Taste/Mixability

Dosing 7/10: A bit more specific than other pre-workouts. One scoop in 16-20 ounces of cold water in a shaker bottle 30-45 minutes before workout. Continue to shake bottle lightly between sips and drink entirely within 25 minutes of mixing. Since I was taking Skald early in the mornings, about half of my run of this I used a half scoop so I would not over-do it on caffeine. Once I completed Skald, I went with the full scoop since this was my only source of caffeine. I used a shaker a few times when I had one available, but most of the time I went with the ol' cup and spoon.

Taste 7.5/10: This just comes in fruit punch and I thought it was really good when I used a half scoop in 16 ounces of water. The flavor was a perfect balance between sweet and tart and I really enjoyed it. Once I went with a full scoop in the same amount of water, I thought it was way too sweet and tart and was not as enjoyable. I never thought it was artificial tasting or anything like that, just contained too much flavoring for me. I am really sensitive to sweetness though. Yes, I could have diluted it to 32 ounces of water, but I did not want to consume all that water pre-workout and be in and out of the bathroom. One thing I noticed though was that occasionally I would get a little spice note at the very end from the Capsimax I am guessing.

Mixability 7/10: Had a couple issues with the mixability. When I used it in a shaker, it would foam up and settle towards the bottom pretty quickly. I had to make sure to swirl it up before finishing it. When used with a cup and spoon, it did not settle as badly, but there were these little spheres that floated on top of the drink. In a weird way it was pretty cool because they were perfectly round. They would be hard to mix in with the rest of the drink and if I just drank them too quickly, I would choke on the powder that was not mixed properly.

Pre-Kaged was exactly what I was hoping it would be. This was extremely well-rounded and hit on everything I would want in a pre-workout.

Energy + Endurance: I thought this was the perfect amount of caffeine in here and was the best aspect of this product. 274 mg per scoop is about 2.5 cups of coffee. I had mentioned that for about two weeks, I was only taking about a half scoop of Pre-Kaged and I felt like that was enough to get me through my workout. It would wake me up and give me instant energy for the gym. When I eventually increased the scoop to a full serving, I had a clean, long lasting source of energy that would allow me to train in the gym most days for around two hours. I felt like this was the perfect amount of caffeine for me and would not really want to go over the 300 mg mark. My sweating definitely increased as well, although that could be partly due to the higher temperatures in addition to the Capsimax that is contained in here. I never really experienced any beta tingles with this as it is dosed on the low end and I think more could be added to make this even better.

Pump: I noticed that this was more of a vascular pump than a muscle fullness pump. I never had any "skin tearing pumps", but I thought that my veins were more prominent shortly after my first working sets of the day. To me, that is the more ideal pump because I think it looks better and it does not impact the exercise you are doing because you feel like your muscle will explode. Kaged Muscle states that they used just the right amount of caffeine so it would not inhibit the effects of the l-citrulline. I have read in the past that caffeine is a vasoconstrictor and I had great vascularity after taking Pre-Kaged, so I have no reason to question their claim.

Focus: With the two forms of tyrosine included in here, I felt like I had a pretty good focus throughout my workouts. I have never really experienced anything close to the tunnel vision I used to get with the original Jack3d, but I felt like Pre-Kaged was one of the better pre-workouts I have had recently from a focus standpoint. It was still possible I was distracted during my workouts, but it was not as often.

Strength + Power: This was probably the least noticeable feature in my opinion. I do not think my numbers were helped greatly while taking this. I was cutting for the most part though, so I do have to note that here.

BB.com was really the only place I could find this for a little over $35, not including shipping. That may seem like a lot for only 20 servings, but you are getting numerous patented ingredients that are considered way more pure/potent than other raw materials and I had great workouts while using this, so I think rating this as an 8 for value is reasonable. Also keep in mind that BB.com frequently has deals that you could look for to grab this at a better price.

Side Effects

Nothing to report here; as long as you assess your tolerance with the stimulants contained in here.

Conclusion

To sum this pre-workout up, I would say that it is definitely one of the top pre-workouts I have tried so far and would 100% recommend it. It is extremely balanced and uses high quality raw materials. Yeah, it should be stacked to get the effective dosages for a few of ingredients, but I thought it was very effective as a standalone. Just like their In-Kaged, I thought their container was really eye-catching and the label was really easy to read. Thank you Kaged Muscle for the chance to try this.
  • Fruit Punch: 8/10

May 16, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Fully Dosed
  • Effectively Dosed
  • Good Leucine Dosing
  • Dye Free
  • Citruline Was Dosed Well
  • High Quality Ingredients
  • Not Enough Caffeine
  • Take Out Creatine Or Dose It Correctly
Big shoutout to Kaged Muscle, for always going the distance on the products that you guys make. I am a big fan of some other products you've guys done in the past and this is by those standards a top quality Pre workout currently on the market. This product offers a lot in terms of ingredients and the ingredients that they use are pretty spot on. Lets delve right into it.

-=---------------------------------------------------=-
Ingredients: A - Okay so the ingredients are pretty amazing. And you only have to do 1 heaping scoop to get them all. Okay so theres a lot of ingredients in this product but I will talk about the ones I personally felt were not only dosed well but were super effective during the workout.

L-Cetrulline 6.5g - Hell YES! Cetrulline has been by far my fav pump product, over Agmantine or Alanine, but those also have a place in a pwo. However, I respond really well to Cetrulline. 6.5g, thats a good amount.

Taurine 2g - I love Taurine personally. I feel its a necessary amino for the body to effectively keep you hydrated but it also helps with muscle spams. As someone who has been retaining a good amount of water due to MK677 and feeling the joint tightness pain based on that, I felt the Taurine was a good added necessity to this PWO.

Coconut water - 500mg - I personally would have loved to see 1g or more, but honestly with all the other ingredients I cant complain.

Leuciine, Isoleuicine, and Valine - Amino Acid complex of 3.5g - really helps speed kick recovery right after the workout. Smart ingredient added to the product.

For me the Caffeine was a bit underdosed. I am usually used to about 400mg a serving, but I can see how that would be too much stim for some people and I am sure they wanted to keep this product effective for everyone.

Also Creatine is great addition, but 1.5g even in HCI form is not anything noticeable, I would have just kept it out.
-=---------------------------------------------------=-
Dosing: A+ - Straight forward and easy to follow. 1 scoop with 8-10oz of water 30-45minutes before workout. For me a sweet spot window has always been about 20 minutes pre workout. I have kept this window the same throughout the entire duration of this product. I don't mess with anything thats not broken, so there was no reason for me to follow the label honestly.

-=---------------------------------------------------=-
Taste: B- : I received the fruit punch flavor. It was more sour than fruity. It was tarty and def bearable, but it was not something I was looking forward to constantly drinking. On some days it was great on others it was pretty annoying. I prefer flavors like Watermelon or Lemonade over anything that's Fruit Punch. I have yet to come across one company that does Fruit Punch any justice.

-=---------------------------------------------------=-
Effectiveness: A : This product gets a solid A in terms of how well it worked for me. On so many diff levels too. From pump, to vascularity, focus, energy to mood.

Let's start with Energy. It was good in the beginning, it kind of sneaks up on you, its not something crazy where you will be bouncing off walls. I liked it because during the time of using this product I had been working on my business plan late into the night and have not been getting much sleep. So the workouts were really difficult without this product. Its not a sudden rush of energy but more of a released throughout the workout as your body begins to increase its temperture. By the end of the workout I would notice how heavily I was breathing or how hard I was sweating. There were times I had to drench a towel in cold water and place it over my head just to have some of the energy decrease.

The pumps were really intense. Although the pumps were almost always non-existent on the big 3 compound excercises, they were really felt on the isolated or accessory movements. My biceps, quads, calves, forearms, even pecs would get nice and tight and I could feel the muscle more engaged and focused during the movement. This helped me greatly with the form because I knew when it was working and when it was a hit or miss. Personally for me this is the best way a pump product should work for you. It should pump the blood into that area, and you should feel it engaged throughout the entire workout.

My focus was increased to a point of mental sharpness. I find that I have mild ADD and even when I walk into the gym with a plan, sometimes I tend to lose sight of it. However, this product really helped me keep my sh*t together during the routine. This not only cut down my workout time in half, the workout that I actually got was a lot more intense and confined.

Vascularity was really visible at the end of the workouts, mostly when I was doing drop sets, giant sets, isolated sets during the other bigger compound movements.

The mood was always positive and feel good .
-=---------------------------------------------------=-
Value: B - Its about the cheapest I found for like $34 but you only get 20 servings per container. I honestly think containers should all come at least 30 servings, but thats just me.

-=---------------------------------------------------=-
Overall: A- : This product works hands down, and it has some really quality ingredients. Even though only 20 servings I will def be buying this and adding to my future PWO stack as a staple.

May 4, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Fully Dosed
  • High Quality Ingredients
  • Actual 1 Scoop PWO
  • Citruline Was Dosed Well
  • Dye Free
  • Not For Stim Tolerant

Before I start I want to thank Kaged Muscle for giving the reviewers the opportunity to review their products. This is my third product review for Kaged Muscle and saw solid results with the previous two products. During the duration of this review I was training 5 days a week focusing on strength.

This is a long interesting list of ingredients that are all fully disclosed. Most of these ingredients are found in other pre-workout products however some of these ingredients are patented using safe sources/facilities. An example of this is the QU995 (Quercetin Anhydrous) 200mg, which has a 99.5% or greater purity of Quercetin. http://www.quercegen.com/science-qb3c.htm

Another example of a patented ingredient is BetaPower (Natural Betaine) 2g with high purity anhydrous betaine, BetaPower Natural Betaine is 99%+ pure and derived from the molasses of sugar beets. http://www.betapowerbetaine.com/

As you can see Kaged Muscle uses high quality ingredients looking out for the consumer, most of these ingredients are fully dosed. The only exception to this might be with the Caffeine from green coffee beans at 274mg.

Taste - I received the Fruit Punch flavor which is the only one for this product. I'm not a big fan of fruit punch, however it tasted artificially sweet. I give the taste a 5/10 - I'm hoping they come up with more than 1 flavor for Pre-Kaged.

Mixability - As for mixability there was a lot of settlement and foaming probably cause from 32g serving. Its nothing a quick shake doesn't fix, other than that there were no issues. 6/10

Dosing - For me this was truly a one serving pre-workout especially at 32g with fully dosed ingredients. Definitely give this a 10/10

Overall I'd have to say this is a pretty effective product. Although the energy wasn't the best part for me, it got the job done. The best part of Pre-Kaged was the pump from 6.5g of Citrulline even though I was training for strength at low rep levels. My muscles looked fuller and felt like balloons in the middle of training which is never a bad thing. The focus and recovery aspects were the 2nd and 3rd best parts of this product. I really do believe the Amino Acids helped in that aspect especially with almost 5g of Leucine.

There is not too many places you can purchase Pre-Kaged as its exclusive to BodyBuilding.com for the most part. However although its exclusive at BodyBuilding.com there are usually a lot of deals and bogos going on. They are selling it for $34.97 (20 servings) which will cost you around $1.75 which isn't bad for this product. When you purchase Pre-Kaged you know your getting quality ingredients with a fully disclosed label, so this price point is worth it to me.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Overall this is another solid product from Kaged Muscle. I wish they had more than one flavor and used more than one retailer although it's the biggest. Thanks again to Kaged Muscle for using high quality ingredients while being fully disclosed.
  • Fruit Punch: 5/10

May 3, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Fully Dosed
  • High Quality Ingredients
  • Actual 1 Scoop PWO
  • Citruline Was Dosed Well
  • Dye Free
  • On The Expensive Side
  • Not For Stim Tolerant

This is a second product I got to try from Kaged Muscle, first one was the In-Kaged. I will discuss Pre-Kaged stand alone and in combination with In-Kaged. I'd also like to thank SR and Kaged muscle for giving me the opportunity to try the supplements and write the review.

I will give my opinion on few of the ingredients and the formula itself, as few members have already done a fantastic job defining all the ingredients in detail.

First off let's note that since Pre-Jym, it has become more and more popular to produce larger properly dosed and fully disclosed formulas (thank god). People don't mind paying more if they are getting quality...SURPRISE!

A great touch on the whole formula is the fact that majority ingredients used are Brand Name and hold patents, again improving the quality since you know exactly what you're getting!

L-Citrulline is very well dosed at 6.5g, surely you should feel the pumps!

The Caffeine utilized is Organic PurCaf at 274mg, I can't say it was somehow superior to regular caffeine, but it's organic so it must be good! However if not utilized in combination with In-Kaged, I feel like 274mg was too little for me.

Just like Ford Model-T this comes only in one color, red..ish and its Fruit Punch flavored.
The taste is better than your normal generic FP flavor, but not anything I'd care to try again.
There was no problem with mixability and dosing is fairly simple, one scoop about 30 minutes before your workout.

As far as effectiveness the product works differently stand alone vs when combined with the In-Kaged.
When utilized alone, I felt a fantastic pump and was able to push for longer. My endurance increased certainly. Unfortunately my energy increase was ok at best, I felt a slight hit but nothing amazing.( But then again I'm a stim junkie). Also there was no increase in focus, which I love in my preworkout.

With In-Kaged
Let's put it in bodybuilding terms, when used with In-Kaged its becomes pre-workout on steroids. Everything improved, sickening pumps, endurance increase is superb and the 100mg of caffeine give me the energy I wanted. Also I would start sweating a ton more when both products were combined, way more than when I'd normally just use In-Kaged. That tunnel vision focus I so yearn for, is still nowhere to be found.

At 34.97 a tub and 20 servings, I feel like due to lack of energy and focus I'd have to go with something different. The pump and endurance alone wouldn't make me stay.

When combined with In-kaged it's a combination worth trying, but the price goes All The Way Up, kinda like Fat Joe.

Side Effects

No sides.

Conclusion

A great quality formula, with strong endurance and pump. Unfortunately, if you're stim tolerant, it won't hit you or give you the energy or focus you need. Combining it with In-Kaged to overcome the stim tolerance may become too expensive.

March 24, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Fully Dosed
  • High Quality Ingredients
  • Actual 1 Scoop PWO
  • Citruline Was Dosed Well
  • Dye Free
  • Nice Amount Of Caffeine
  • Exclusive To One Retailer

After taking a short break from a stim preworkout this came up for review. Looking at the ingredients I thought this could end up being a great one...

You have a 32 gram scoop packed with several effective ingredients at clinical or close to clinical doses. Kalans and others have went over the profile pretty well, so I wont pick it apart. I will go over the parts I think make a difference. 6.5 grams of L-Citrulline, not malate but fermented L-Citrulline which seems to be much more effective. Creatine HCL, I have always seemed to respond well to the HCL version as opposed to the monohydrate or any other version, ever since my 1st experience with con-crete ive had a spot for HCL, I would like to see a little higher dose, but he does have a standalone HCL product which I used and added to this at times. A BCAA blend which you don't see a lot of in preworkouts, coconut water extract, and then an organic form of caffeine.

Only one flavor available here, all his products seem to just have a singular flavor available, not sure why this is, but hopefully they will expand soon. Fruit Punch is hard to mess up and really it would take something crazy to shock me with this flavor. This was alright, it wasn't bad tasting all, but it did have a weird taste to it that I cant really explain, it tasted very artificial, not chemically like some but definitely artificial. Never had any issues with mixing, couple shakes and it was good to go. 30 minutes before a workout had me ready to go to work when I walked through the doors.

This is the 1st time i've used a product with the PurCaf organic caffeine, and I cant say if it is better than other types, but I can say that I felt it had a much cleaner type of energy than I have felt with other products the energy stayed with me through 90min-2hour workouts without any kind of crash after. I love the inclusion of coconut powder extract as well in feeling that I stayed much more hydrated throughout my workouts. The focus was great as well, like the other factors i've discussed I felt very tuned in and kept my mind on the lift at hand. Lastly the pump, the L-Citrulline really performed here. Also if you read up on the bb.com description it says that they went with 274mg of caffeine, because their studies showed amounts higher than 275 inhibited the effect of nitric oxide production. I don't know how true this is, I feel like bodyweight would also have something to do with that as well as tolerance. All I know is that I had steady, solid pumps from the 1st dose to the last.

36.97 for 20 servings is higher than most preworkouts, but most preworkouts aren't 32grams in weight packed with effective ingredients. I couldn't afford to make this a staple, but I think the value is there to use off and on through the year. Its also exclusive to bb.com, but never seems to be on any kind of sale so maybe if they can branch out the price will lower a little, and if it gets to under 30 I think it is a great deal.

Side Effects

Conclusion

So far I have tried 2 products that were exclusive to BB.com and so far I have had 2 great experiences. I just wonder they seem to go with 20 serving tubs on almost all of their products. Want to close by saying thanks to Kaged Muscle for sending these out to the troops.

9.1
  March 24, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Potency
  • Actual 1 Scoop PWO
  • Dye Free
  • Patented Ingredients
  • Tastes Amazing
  • Unique Formulation
  • Micro Pure
  • Purity
  • Quality
Introduction + Supplement Facts
Many years ago I started weightlifting to lose weight and get ready for my wedding that year, and as most people I came across bodybuilding.com where they has all the supplements that you could ever want with free online programs that seemed very comprehensive along with beginner friendly. As the story goes on in my case, I came across Kris Gethin's Daily Hardcore Trainer which launched me into losing 65lbs over the course of 6 months per diet + exercise + various supplementation. Needless to say I have been a fan over his programs and the guy period, and when he came out with the Kaged Muscle line I was enthusiastic. Of course being part of SR I haven't been purchasing many supplements on my own dime, but I reached out to KM trying to have them come over here so we could try it out. The rest is history, while it was Tommy that was able to get a response out of KM I am greatly appreciative that they came over.

Rather than pick apart the entire label as I typically do I will highlight: first off many of these ingredients are fermented which is something taking somewhat of a storm currently and it is beneficial to the consumer on a few ends, mainly for potency + quality + potential cleanliness as it isn't grown from animal parts etc. 6.5g L-Citrulline! This isn't Citrulline Malate, but the real stuff which is making a comeback due to potency and 6.5g is greater than 8g Citrulline Malate any day! The creatine + betaine + beta alanine is under-dosed of course, but mainly due to this being more geared to stacking but this is just something that I have come to except in modern Pre-Workouts. Really the label is unique it many ways, including many ingredients that others do not along with the fermented forms. I would have loved to see full clinical dosages in here without the need of a stacked product, but if you read below you will find out that it wasn't really a issue surprisingly!

Taste + Mixability + Dosing
Wowza! Holy Molie!! While the flavor selection is rather limited (which I would love to see expanded), these flavors are insanely potent and tasty! I received Fruit Punch, which was a bit sweeter than most. The mixability was ok but not really good, with the amount of ingredients and their dosages (32g) there is quite a bit of foam and sentiment at the bottom. Of course there isn't an issue with this, because it is one of those swirl and drink shakes. Dosing was simple, 1 scoop the whole way through! Check below to see why.. I have been taking my Pre-Workout supplements 30-45 minutes before arriving at the gym for the past 7 months, and the difference is there. Kris encourages to take it this way as well in order to allow the muscle fibers to be fully saturated, which is certainly more effective this way if you can make it to the gym with that tunnel vision!

Effectiveness 9.1/10
Bam! This stuff hit me in the face so hard the first time, and when I stacked it with In-Kaged I was having to take a few moments to allow my HR to come down.. That is something interesting about PurCaf, it is really potent and has a great reaction for me! The energy that I had from this was great, with all the Aminos and other stuff it wasn't an issue and each time that I was heading to the gym I had no issues being motivated when I knew success was only a sip away. Focus was excellent for me as well, with it not being totally tunnel the whole time it definitely had its moments. When you get over to or up to the 6g Citrulline it is back to Pump City we go! I would even say it was more noticeable and effective compared to 8-10 CM. Endurance was great, which was a bit surprising because the half clinical dosage of Beta Alanine but it was very solid for me as well. Strength and Power was consistent, but I would say it was the least noticeable of all the effectiveness.

Guys and Gals, I really feel redundant here because I felt this was one of my favorite Pre-Workouts that I have taken this year while it wasn't as crazy compared to Ferox it certainly has more of an edge next to pumps + endurance + focus.

Value 8.2
When it comes down to quality and purity, well you will just have to pay for it.. I would love to see the clinical dosages met for this one product in order to afford paying this much for one product, but I have spent more on getting less effectiveness with other products. There are two places to purchase this: bb.com and kagedmuscle.com for $37 and $38 respecfully. That comes to $1.85 per serving and $1.90, but they have gone on sale many times for 10-20% off so you might save a bit at those times. To me this is acceptable for a solid product like this, but of course it is a bit much still.

Overall Conclusion
I really can't say much past "Put this on your list", because if you liked Pre Jym you would love this! Kris takes a hardened edge when it comes to Kaged Muscle, because he doesn't rely on others test + work but rather he puts his body to the test with all his products (blood tests galore). I am convinced with this product, and certainly will look forward to keeping it stocked on the shelf when I get time soon! Thank you Kris and Kaged Muscle, it was certainly a pleasure!
  • Fruit Punch: 10/10