TROOP CP

Bio Gro Reviews

By: iSatori

Overall Score:   How is this Calculated?

Ranks #23 of 25 (better than 8%) in
Growth Enhancers > Nutrient Repartitioners

Bio Gro is a Nutrient Repartitioner manufactured by iSatori. It is meant to help the body use the macronutrients of protein, carbohydrates and fats more efficiently.
INGREDIENTS (16)
THIS PRODUCT
(Amount not disclosed)
MIN. EFF. DOSE
250mg

Protein most commonly found in breast milk that improves immune system functioning, digestive health and bone formation.

THIS PRODUCT
(Amount not disclosed)

Chain of 10 amino acids or less that have a very powerful effect in regulating the function of the immune system and other cell signaling reactions in the body.

COMPARE SIMILAR

MarHoopstar
  August 8, 2015

----Introduction----
26yo, 6'1 currently 198.2lbs basketball player build (see pic), looking to build muscle (205-210 range). Diet is solid but not perfect, I dont have A cheat meal but I will have multiple through out the week but not crazy because im a normal guy. I lift 4-5 days a week, I run sprints twice a week for the last 3 years or so. I stay in rec hoop leagues so im pretty active. I have a 1 year old child and I work midnight - 8am so Supps are a big part of my regimen. Im repping all those in situations like mine

----Ingredient Profile----
In a nutshell, its Colostrum. I'm a big believer in the research and quality of this product as I know people who have supplemented with different forms of this although i've never used it myself. Colostrum is natures recovery and growth formula. IGF-1 is always a positive when looking to GROW.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
I ordered the cookies & cream and well.... thats exactly what it tastes like, ill either mix it in my vanilla greek yogurt 1st thing in the AM, or add it to my Vanilla ice cream flavored casein shake at night, delicious both ways, def a 10/10 in the flavor department. Mixes instantly with my night shake although casein can leave clumps so thats a good sign. Smells like powdered cappuccino.
Dosing is where the problem can occur. It says for those over 200lbs to use 3 scoops in the AM and 3 more in the PM so in a container you only get 10 days worth (15 days if less than 200lbs) but i use in conjunction with BCAAs intra and Creatine/Protein Post so I only use 2 scoops daily with either my morning greek yogurt or nightly shake giving me a 30 day supply in a container and the scoops are really small but pack a lot of flavor in them

----Effectiveness----
I cannot speak for the product ALONE, but I use with BCAAs intra and protein/Creatine post-workout so it may help. I have been using the previously mentioned alone BEFORE i purchased BIO Gro, but my recovery is NOW almost as if i didnt work out. I DEFINITELY notice a difference in recovery.

----Value----
In my opinion (and obviously the opinions of everyone else) the value is sh*t. I purchased this only because it was Buy One Get One FREE (Im a sucker for those). I wouldn't use it solo because then you'd have to burn thru 4-6 scoops/day and wouldnt even make it to next pay day with a single serving left. The ONLY negative i have for this product. So i am enjoying the extra 60 "servings" i got for the F.

----Side Effects----
Maximum recovery. Trying to find a deal online.

----Conclusion----
Great product to make protein more effective but this is definitely a side kick supp so if you got the money then get it. I will purchase again ONLY if i can get another BOGO deal or a nice percentage off
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Increases Recovery
  • Increases Protein Utilization
  • Smells Great
horsty
  August 4, 2015

-Introduction-
This stuff has been an interesting product for me. I've been doing Intermittent Fasting(IF) since the beginning of 2015, and I was worried I might lose muscle and strength by doing that, so I added this to my stack. The supplements I've been taking are Platinum Labs Defcon1(1st edition) with Purus Labs Noxgen which I later switched to Blackstone Labs Dust V2 with the Noxygen as well. My intra/post consisted of Platinum Labs AminGrow(Switched to Blackstone Labs Resurgence last week). I add 10 grams of raw BCAA's to my pre, and 6 Grams to my Intra, as well as additional Beta Alanine and creatine. This is all the supps I take aside from a multi. My lifting consist of three days a week, with two lower rep strength workouts and one higher rep workout.

-Ingredient Profile-
It has one ingredient which is: "Bio-Active Peptides (or BAP's) found only in Bio-Gro use a patented manufacturing method, whereby cleaved protein fragments are extracted from the highest grade bovine colostrums, which are then centrifugated and micro-concentrated to form a low molecular weight, highly bioavailable powder, yielding an exact concentration of bioactive:
Proline-Rich Peptides (PRP's)
Growth Factors (IgF, TGF beta-2, EGF, PDGF)
Immunoglobulins (IgG, IgA)
Fibroblast-GF11,16,30"

Above I took off of BB.com, which this is a different form of colostrom, which is suppose to aid in protein synthesis leading to better muscle gain and recovery.

-Taste/Mixability/Dosing-
I add the unflavored version to my pre and post as well to my evening protein shake, so there is no taste; however I would not recommend taking this on its own, unless you purchase the flavored version which I cannot comment on their taste since I have not tried them. It mixes pretty well, I usually do not even notice it is there. Can be somewhat hard to scoop, the powder seems to stick together. Dosing is 1500 mg per scoop, and they reccomend 2 scoops for under 200lbs and 3 for over 200lbs. I weight 195, so I use 1 on my pre, two in my post and 2 in my protein shake at night.
On off days 2 scoops in the morning and 2 at night. This dosing has seemed to work pretty well for me.

-Effectiveness-(9/10)
Now, this is suppose to be a muscle builder and recovery aid which it is; though I have noticed this seems to aid in muscle pumps as well. I took my pre and post without it one time and noticed the pump was there, then tried it again with the Bio-Gro and the pumps were back. The pumps from this are the best I've ever had from any product alone, and I would go as far as to say you could take this just for the pump aspect, although I have no researched this enough to understand why I get pumps from this product, if anyone could fill me in on that I'd appreciate it. For the muscle building and recovery, it works very well. I take creatine as well as this, and since the beignning of the year I start out at 225lbs, now I'm down to 195 and my strength has gone up. I tried a week without this to see if there was a difference in recovery, and there was. This product seems to shine in the recovery aspects of it as well. My muscles look fuller, and my strength has gone up since I started using this.

-Value-(7/10)
I get this off of Amazon, so I can get the large tub for $25 sometimes and that will last me a month with the system I have for dosing last me 27 days. Its great value for the muscle building a recovery, however this is a product I only get because I have extra money. I wouldn't make this a staple like creatine, espeacially if you pay the $49 that it sells for on most sites, but it is a great product to try if you have extra cash.

-Side Effects-
No side effects as far as I can tell.

-Conclusion-
This is an interesting product, that helps me build muscle, shorted recovery time, and give some great pumps. I will continue to use as long as I can get it from a good price.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Decreases Muscle Soreness
  • Increases Recovery
  • Increases Protein Utilization
  • Increased Muscular Fullness
aironstone
  April 12, 2015

----Introduction----
(Background info on yourself, diet, experience, goals, first thoughts on the product and how you discovered SR)

Alright Guys and Gals,
I've been saving my hard earned Uncle Sam paychecks for this! AND finally during the bodybuilding.com March Madness sale, I got some BIO GRO by Isotori. At 29.99 for 2 deal I got 3 orders or 6 containers total. Boy was I exited!!! I was ready to make all sorts of gainz! I mean IGF-1 was gonna blow me up at least 30 lbs and cut me down to 3% BF !! Now that I'm done w 2 containers of Bio Gro and just got off the phone w bodybuilding.com knowing their return address, I'm ready for to review.

----Ingredient Profile----
(Your thoughts on the ingredients/label of the product)

Custom Engineered Bio-Pro- Bio-Active Peptides Extracted From Mico-Concentrated Colostrum, Yielding 1.5g **
(yielding Proline Rich Peptides, Growth Factors (IGF-1, TGF Beta-2, EGF, PDGF), Immunoglobulins (IgG, IgA), Lactoferrin, Fibroblast-GF)

Wow Growth Factors! WOW PDGF and IGF-1! alright guys basically i payed for Colostrum, which is the milky liquid which comes from cow boobies a few days before its ready to give birth. Honestly knowing that, I don't know what would compel me to buy it. As Public Enemy once taught me "Don't Believe The Hype"

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
Ok I had tried 2 out of the 3 flavors I ordered, Strawberry Banana Which tasted really good w my Greek yogurt and strawberry protein powder. I also tried the unflavored version which kinda came off a bit salty but nothing crazy. Mixability was fine, only issue is the powder is very sticky and gets all over your hands when you reach for the scooper. Dosing is 4 Scoops a day for people under 200 lbs and 6 Scoops a day for all the big fellas over 200 lbs. 8/10

----Effectiveness----
Honestly I really wanted to feel some sort of an effect from this product, I mean I spend 90$ it has to work! But there is absolutely no difference w Bio Gro that I've experienced it was very upsetting. 1/10

----Value----
So regular price for Bio Gro is 29.99 $ and it comes with whole 60 servings! That is until you realize you need to take 4-6 Scoops a day. I weight 190 currently, I started off at 4 and after not experiencing any difference I bumped up to 6( which didn't change anything still). So if you end up taking 6 scoops a day the product comes out to only have 10 Servings. If you do the math Bio Gro comes out to 2.99$ a serving and still doesn't work. That's 90 Dollars for 30 Days! 4/10

----Side Effects----
Since it didn't do anything for me, I guess this is the only positive I can see in this product. 10/10

----Conclusion----
As much as I wanted to like this overhyped product, I had to come clear with myself. It was an awful buy, hopefully bodybuilding.com will return some of my money. If you have some extra 90 bucks just burning holes in your pocket and need something to flavor your protein or cottage cheese with, then yeah def buy it. For all other people save your money and steer clear!
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • No Flavor
  • Easy To Mix
  • Great Flavor
  • No Side Effect
  • It's Not Cheap
  • You May Need More Than 1 Scoop At Time Depending On Your Weight.
  • Hyped-up
  • No Effect
ron

March 12, 2015

--------------- Foreword -------------------
PubMed defines colostrum as a milky fluid that comes from the breasts of humans, cows, and other mammals the first few days after giving birth, before true milk appears. It contains proteins, carbohydrates, fats, vitamins, minerals, and proteins (antibodies) that fight disease-causing agents such as bacteria and viruses.

However, in the world of athletic performance, developing research suggests that bovine colostrum might increase athletic performance for many, but not for all athletic activities. The activities that seem to benefit are jumping and bicycle sprints, but not running on a treadmill, rowing, or in my case, RESISTANCE TRAINING.

--------------- iSatori Claims -------------------
Bio-Gro signals the body to amplify the natural protein synthesis process, helping develop lean muscle more efficiently and recover faster from intense workouts.

--------------- Ingredients--------------
“Unflavored” Bio-Gro contains 1 ingredient:
1.5g Custom Engineered Bio-Pro Bio-Active Peptides Extracted from Micro-Concentrated Colostrum (yielding Proline Rich Peptides, Growth Factors [Igf-1, TGF beta-2, EGF, PDGF], Immunogoblins [IgG, IgA], Lactoferrin, Fibroblast-GF)

“Orange Creamsicle” (and most likely the other flavored versions) also contain:
Sucralose, Natural and Artificial Flavors, Medium Chain Triglycerides, and Sunflower Lecithin.

This newer flavored version also posts a warning on the bottle to Californian residents that this product contains substances known to the state of California to cause cancer, birth defects and other reproductive harm.

So if you wanna be all “green” like an over sensitive, tree huggin’, Prius drivin’, sun lovin’ Californian, I suggest you get the unflavored version. (Not hatin’ on California, actually I’m just jealous of your weather) ; )

--------------- Taste / Mixing ----------
This product comes in several flavors including “Unflavored”. I purchased 6 tubs of the original unflavored (taste-less) version back in 2013 and had zero problems mixing it together in whey with my protein shake’s flavor never being affected or compromised.

Recently I received 2 of the new and improved flavored version through the ER Program. The flavor I received was Orange Creamsicle and it tasted exactly as it sounds. The flavor was light, delicious and very easy to drink even with only 4oz. of water. I experienced zero mixing issues in my protein and while I don’t recommend it, I even slammed a dry scoop just to try it out. Dry, it still tasted quite good, but it does clump up quick with the saliva in your mouth and it will stick to your teeth. Not a good look while heading to your gym’s juice bar.

--------------- Dosage-------------------
The unflavored version states to take 1 scoop 2x daily if you weigh under 200 pounds and 2 scoops 2x daily if you weigh over 200 pounds. The flavored version ups this by 1 scoop in each instance most likely due to the added cancer causing ingredients. Sorry, that is not totally true. They are only cancerous if you live in California. Everyone else on the planet is perfectly safe. I kid… I kid… ;)

--------------- Value --------------------
Back in mid-2013 I got in on a buy-2-get-1-free deal that lowered my per bottle price to $24 each. Yes, I spent $144 on 6 tubs. As of March 2015, it appears that a 60 scoop flavored version will still run you about $28-$30 per bottle.

Besides price, a major downside is that these bottles go very fast for a 200+ pounder like myself. The suggested 6 scoops per day means there are only 10 days worth of product in these little tiny tubs. Quick math says it will take 3 tubs for a month’s supply. Meanwhile, someone weighing less than 200 pounds can get away with only 2 tubs each month. For a product that has questionable positive effects, this can be quite an expensive proposition.

--------------- Sides --------------------
Besides a much lighter wallet, there are zero sides associated with Bio-Gro.

--------------- Effectiveness -----------
Going back over my lengthy SR journal, (you can do so as well to verify my claims) I went through several tubs of Bio-Gro in separate trials over the course of 18 months.

Run #1:
07/17/2013 – 08/18/2013 – 2 tubs over 33 days
Before and after body composition analyzer results proved a decrease in total body weight of 1.4 pounds with a 0.4 pound increase in fat and a 1.8 pound decrease in muscle and water.

Run #2:
10/28/2013 – 12/03/2013 – 4 tubs over 37 days
Before and after body composition analyzer results proved an increase in total body weight of 0.8 pounds with no change in fat quantity and a 0.8 pound increase in muscle and water.

Note: Both runs #1 & #2 were conducted during a strict carb back-loading dietary program.

Run #3:
12/08/2014 – 12/26/2014 – 2 tubs over 19 days
Unfortunately my access to the body comp analyzer during this time frame restricts me from having hard data for this run. However, I am confident in stating that since I didn’t experience any unusual physical changes or significant changes in weight during this time, it is safe to say the results were very similar to the previous two runs.

So as you can see I had very little success in regards to amplified protein synthesis and therefore muscle building. So why was my protein synthesis so blunted during this time? I believe the following science answers this question.

--------------- Science -----------
WebMD claims that bovine colostrum’s greatest medical benefit is to “possibly” stop infectious diarrhea and reduce colon swelling when taken rectally. However, oral consumption benefits are insufficient at best in regards to athletic performance and even then seem to be limited to jumping and bicycle sprints, but not treadmill, rowing, or RESISTANCE TRAINING.

iSatori’s very own website posts an impressive list of 40 scientific studies all aimed at making their point that this product is all that its advertised to be. By performing a little PubMed digging, I was able to look up several of the studies whose title’s seemed to be the most applicable in the territory of muscle building. What I found was very disappointing to say the least.

iSatori’s website claims that over 32 clinical studies demonstrate the positive effects of the primary ingredient inside Bio-Gro. Being that the primary ingredient is colostrum you would think that it would be easy to find at least 32 of the 40 studies dealing with the testing of colostrums. However, you’d be wrong. Of the 40 listed studies, only 26 are directly related to bovine colostrums. Several of the other (non-colostrum) studies deal directly with growth factors and hormones. Being that growth factors are a component of bovine colostrums I could see the connection of using these additional studies to hammer home the benefits of your product. However, most do not.

A key example being clinical study #10.

{ Buckley, JD, Brinkworth, GD, and Abbott, MJ, "Effect of bovine colostrum on anaerobic exercise performance and plasma insulin-like growth factor 1," Journal of Sports Sciences , 2003, 577-588.

• We conclude that bovine colostrum supplementation during training significantly increased peak anaerobic power, but had no effect on alactic anaerobic work capacity, 1-RM or plasma IGF-1 (insulin-like growth factor). }

I should also mention that these subjects were given 60g of bovine colostrum per day. 60grams! And no increase in growth factor? 60grams is equal to 40 scoops of Bio-Gro per day!

Let’s not stop there. Let’s look at study #8

{ Brinkworth, GD, et al., "Effect of bovine colostrum supplementation on the composition of resistance trained and untrained limbs in health young men," European Journal Applied Physiology, 2004, 53-60.

Subjects were given either 60g of Bovine Colostrum or 60g of whey protein. They all went through the same 8 weeks of resistance training. Using magnetic resonance images of both upper arms pre and post exercise performing 1RM of bicep curls. The bovine Colostrum group experienced significantly greater increase in arm circumference however it was due to an increase in skin cross-sectional area not lean muscle gain. }

The really interesting part of study #8 is that I specifically mentioned in my SR journal during my first run with Bio-Gro that I had lost striation definition in my tricep and the only thing that had changed in my diet was the addition of Bio-Gro.

Let’s move on to Study #29

{ Mero, A., et al., "Protein metabolism and strength performance after bovine colostrum supplementation," Amino Acids, 2005, 327-335.

At 20g colostrum a day over two weeks it was concluded that physically active men proved increases in serum concentration of essential amino acids (p < 0.05) but had no effect either on strength performance or protein net balance in fasting conditions during recovery after strength training. }

Lastly I give you Study #26

{ Mauras, N, et al., "Are the metabolic effects of GH and IGF-I separable," Growth Horm IGF Res, 2005; 15:19-27. }

A rather useless comparative study that appears to have been placed on the iSatori list to justify the use of other growth hormone studies which actually prove nothing to do with bovine colostrum supplementation at all.

--------------- Nail in the Coffin -------------
Yes, yet again I have shined a very negative light on a highly regarded supplement. Let it be known that some of the iSatori website studies did have positive things to say about colostrum supplementation, however those benefits were aimed primarily at a different type of athlete than most of us who perform resistance training. The reason I emphasized the negative was to prove a valuable point to you, the reader/consumer. If a supplement manufacturer hides behind proprietary blends or clinical trials that will confuse or bore the average reader, then perhaps that manufacturer is truly exaggerating the benefits of their product. In the case of Bio-Gro, If the claimed benefits are to be real, then it is very likely the dosage may need to be so extreme that it would not be cost effective to anyone.

I guess that last sentence is not truly fair. Out of 40 posted clinical studies, iSatori chose to post one complete study on their website:

Bio-Active Peptides (Bio-Gro™) Supplementation Improves Work Capacity During Short-term Resistance Exercise in Men
Carleigh H. Boone, Kyle S. Beyer, Jeffrey R. Stout, Jay R. Hoffman, Maren S. Fragala, David H. Fukuda
Institute of Exercise Physiology and Wellness, University of Central Florida, Orlando, FL

“ Untrained individuals are especially susceptible to fatigue and soreness following exercise and often warrant extended recovery time at the onset of a training program. The current results suggest that supplementing with BAP’s (Bio-Active Peptides) during the early phase of a training program may aid in reducing the recovery time between bouts of strenuous exercise. By encouraging faster recovery, BAP supplementation [Bio-Gro™] may promote earlier adaptations to training (i.e., increased strength and training volume) as compared to training without supplementation. “

--------------- Final Words -------------
With iSatori’s only fully posted study, it appears that Bio-Gro is only helpful to the untrained individual in the early phase of a training program, as supplementing with Bio-Gro “MAY” aid in reducing time between sets.

So, if you are an untrained individual needing to reduce time between sets and have the money to burn, give Bio-Gro a shot. To everyone else, I say save your money and pass on this one.

Personally, I just wish I could get my $144 back.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Easy To Mix
  • Great Flavor
  • Zero Muscle Gain
  • Zero Fat Loss
  • Zero Recovery Benefits
Samazon

January 30, 2015

Introduction:
Thank you iSatori for letting me run a few tubs of this product and judge my results (and the shaker cup- i use it daily!). I tried the first tub of it with taking the first daily dose in the AM with breakfast and the 2nd dose in the evening. The 2nd tub I tried it immediately pre- workout with me PWO and immediately post-workout (just for comparison if the timing did make a difference at all for me). I was hoping that this product would help me gain strength, muscular fullness, aid in recover, and basically improve my physical life in all senses.

Ingredient Profile:
60 Servings
Serving Size: 1 Scoop (1.84 g)
Servings Per Container: 60
Total Carbs 1g
Sugars 0g
Calcium 20mg
Amount Per Serving % DV *
** Daily Value not established
Other Ingredients: None. No Fillers, Binders, Or Any Synthetic Additives.
ALLERGEN WARNING: Contains Milk Product (Colostrum).

I read a few legitimate scientific articles and lots of random googling and came to the conclusion that this ingredient profile was going to potentially help my recovery and may or may not increase my recovery. The oral dosing was most likely not going to be as effective as injectable sources. Other than that, I put complete blind faith into this product being 100% legitimate and hoping that it was going to be beneficial and not harmful, or a complete placebo. This was unsettling to say the least, but having that bodybuilding mentality, it was worth trying.

Taste/Mixability/Dosing = 8.0/10:
The flavor I was sent was Orange Creamsicle and it was SPOT ON! It tasted just like that classic orange creamsicle popsicle you would get from an ice cream truck. It mixed great with water, with milk, in yogurt smoothies and in pretty much everything I put this with. The reason I would not give this a solid 10/10 was the dosing. I had a huge discrepancy with what the bottle told me to take, what the scooper measured out and what I ended up taking daily to be deemed as making this product what I feel was effective for me.

The dosing that the bottle calls for is 2 scoops ( 1 level scoop (1.84g)) 2-3 times daily. I honestly felt no difference with or without food, and cannot say that I truly felt a difference with this take morning/evening OR immediately pre/post workout. I did tend to measure out the grams on a gram scale, but the scooper always measured out much more than 1.84grams. So I conclude that you can go by either scale weight or scoop measure, but I tended to take this at ~3.25g twice daily (scale weight) and found this effective for me.

Effectiveness = 7.0/10
I want to rate this higher, but the 2 biggest results I saw from this product was an overall fullness feeling of muscles and a leanness in abdominal muscles. The leanness in my abdominals was seen even through periods of slacking on my diet and intermittent increased carb consumption (which tends to be area in which I struggle and gain a lot of water retention). I took this overlapping the Winter Holidays and both with and without the gluttony of the Holiday meals it consistently gave me a leanness in the abdominals that I have not typically seen. This was the biggest side effect I could visually notice, and I really liked to know that the abdominals is what I personally consider my hardest area to gain leanness and this HAD to aid in a decrease body fat if I saw improvement in that area of my body. After heavy workouts, the fullness in my muscles tended to last a little longer and I would stills see a bit of a pump for several hours past when I typically do.
What I did NOT feel from this product was an increase in recovery and any other enhancements to my workouts or physiques. This did not turn me into "She-Hulk" and for that I do not give it a 10/10.
I pounded my body while on this product, started doing some German Volume Training and really tested the waters. With that being said I do believe it decrease soreness and potentially helped with recovery. I was PR nearly every week in something lower body and I did not feel like death nor that I couldn't or go for a second leg workout in a few days.

Value = 6.0/10
I am super cheep when it comes to supplements, and this ranges from $30 to $60 per bottle (60 servings) for most online sources. Seeing that I felt (as a female at ~180 lbs.) I needed a minimum of almost 4 scoops per day to make it effective it is not going to last the average user for a month and most likely would be much more effective at much higher dosages. If I had money to "blow" per se YES this would be 100% worth running and stacking with whatever other supplement you are taking, but for the average Joe, it most likely is a bit too pricey to have as a staple in their stack.

Side Effects
NONE- other than the bottle didn't last as long as I wanted it to!!

Conclusion
I loved this product and how easy it was to use. I loved the taste, that it mixed readily in everything, and that I saw physical results (which I will document in my log), and that there is science behind the use of peptides and IgF, IgG, IgA, etc.
What I didn't like is the cost for the amount that needed to be taken orally for this to be proven effective for its users. If I doubled what I had been taken (albeit I would have gone through the tubs in a few short weeks) who knows how much MORE I would have gotten out of this.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Increased Muscular Fullness
  • Decreases Muscle Soreness
  • Increases Recovery
  • Great Flavor
  • Easy To Mix
  • Increased Abdominal Leanness
  • It's Not Cheap
sarringdale
  October 2, 2014

Bio Gro - unflavored powder not the caps

Taste - unflavored nothing there but clumpy stuff

Mixability - Mixxes terrible in most shakers I have tried, I typically mix this in oatmeal with some stevia and protein powder. Very clumpy stuff doesnt even want to come out of the scooper. I have found that if I mix it with my BCAA powder really well before adding the water in it mixes really well.

Effectiveness - i started out with the smaller bottle cause well i had to see what the hype was about, week 1 nothing would have said its a waste but kept on it, week 2 i noticed my pec's felt considerably thicker and harder. Week 2 same results but here is where i started to notice DOM's seemed to be mellowing out. As a note to this I always had issues with DOM's I normally had pain and soreness for 3-5 days after a good solid workout. week 3 still had the same muscular fullness/hardness and even less DOM's to deal with and this has only seemed to get better. I have since killed the small bottle and the 180g bottle as well. I started out with the dosage for someone under 200lbs (4 scoops per day) after week 3 I have stuck with the over 200lbs dosage (6 scoops per day) 2 in the morning, 2 for a preworkout meal and 2 scoops during my intraworkout. Thought process for during the workout was having more of the bio gro available for my system to use when it needs it most just like the BCAA drink. This seems to be working really well for me DOM's in almost non-existant anymore, i get some slight stiffness/soreness 12-24 hours after my workout but it seems to go away and be gone within 36 hours post workout.

value - for the prices ive been paying for it and the fact that it works I say its a very good value, I actually just picked up another 180g off of amazon I had a $10.00 gift card from a review or something so i used it for some more bio gro and got it for 29.99 shipped.

Overall great product, it works really well I reccomend it to anyone.
    sdunlimited

March 7, 2014

iSatori's Bio-Gro hit the market with a lot of fanfare and raving reviews. For all intents and purposes, this was THE next big thing. I was very interested in what the buzz was about because recovery is something I'm always trying to improve and Bio-Gro was apparently leading the pack in this area. The cynic in me however, crept to the fore and started asking a ton of questions. Some were answered clearly by those with real world experiences with the product while others were interestingly and honestly answered with "we're really not sure how it does this". When the opportunity arose to give this a shot, I dove in to see what Bio-Gro could do for me.

Profile Overview

This has been covered extensively already and remains the same:

Each single scoop serving contains 1.5g of Custom engineered Bio-pro Bio-active peptides extracted from micro-concentrated colostrums yielding praline rich peptides, growth factors (igf-1,tgf beta 2,egf,pdgf)

I can't really speak much to this beyond the fact that I thought it was interesting that colostrum was used as the base media for this product as it was debunked long ago and determined to be an ineffective ergogenic aid.

The other reviewers are correct in that the square container is a pain, the small scoop is difficult to use within this container and the stuff gets everywhere. While all true, none of these are of much of a concern to me. If I were wasting a bunch of product every time I attempted to use it that would be a problem, but this wasn't the case.
    A 1.5g scoop of an essentially tasteless, textureless powder that can be added to anything is pretty easy to take. I did find that it could get quite sticky though, and if mixed with something that foams up it will start to stick to the side of your cup. Just drink it down quick!

This is a generous rating based pretty much entirely on the fact that most everyone else has raved about the improved recovery Bio-Gro offered. I experienced no improved recovery or other discernible affects from Bio-Gro while taking it. I only used one small container however and other reviewers seem to speak to a "˜building up' effect or need to use a higher dose/more containers to really feel the positive attributes. If that's the case, I would like to see iSatori market the product with an appropriate/effective dosage stated on the label. Using Bio-Gro as currently outlined, 1 scoop AM, 1 scoop PM for those under 200lbs and 2 scoops AM/2 scoops PM for those over 200lbs didn't (and doesn't based on other reviews) seem to yield positive results. Unfortunately, I was very let down by Bio-Gro.

Again, a generous rating here based on the fact that others say it works wonders for them. It can be found for less than $20 per container and I imagine it will continue to go down over time. Whether it will stand the test of time and be a staple for those who have raved about it or be relegated to the close-out/clearance section of your favorite supplement store, time will tell. For me, at the recommended dose and the non-existent results from a single container, it's not worth it to me.

A rating of 5 out of 10 here again based largely on the possibility that maybe something is wrong with me. Maybe I'm a "˜non-responder' to this product. Maybe my age has something to do with it. Honestly, I'm not sure. Maybe it really is a solid product that provides exceptional results but the recommended dosage is so far off that typical users can't tell the difference.
    If, in time, it's shown that (for example) a reasonably priced 1lb container of Bio-Grow can improve recovery when consumed en masse over a month time period then I may give it another go. For now, I'll stick with other tried and true recovery products that have been proven effective for me.

Thank you to the folks at iSatori for allowing the Expert Reviewer Team to trial and review this product for them. I hope this helps you gain a better perspective of this product and assists in your decision to purchase.
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • No Flavor
    • Too Many Scoops For Results
    • Kind Of Messy
    • Awkward Tub
    • Hyped-up
    jeerree
      February 5, 2014

What's up SR? Here's another bio-gro review in which I try not to rehash everything that's been said about this product yet ultimately end up rehashing 95% of what's already been said.

Bio-Gro is a new line of products from isatori under the category of bio-active peptides. It's supposed to elevate protein synthesis, thus reducing muscle soreness and help you make the gains.

Lots of reviewers have given great explanations of the profile and science supposedly behind these bio active peptides, so I'm just going to focus on my experience and lessons learn on its use.

I bought two tubs of this on a buy one get one sale, so price was decent. The first tub I followed the dosing at 2 scoops daily, one in the morning and one postworkout. I weigh about 165 so this was the suggested dosage. Now in my run of the first tub I wouldn't take this on non workout days in an attempt to stretch the amount of servings out. Saw a bit of reduced DOMS after about 2 weeks with this approach. Overall result of this approach was pretty mediocre.

On my second tub I upped to 3 scoops of bio gro a day and made sure to take it every single day. The difference was clear, and my recovery was much better, plain and simple. The downside is at 3 scoops a day, the tub only lasts 3 weeks, at it gets pricy at that point.

All in all, this product works, but you have to fiddle with the dosing and likely find out it is higher than suggested. For smaller guys like me, the price can certainly still be justified, especially now that it's been on the market and there are plenty of sales. But for bigger guys that need to take 4-6 scoops daily to get anything out of it, go splurge on some quality whey isolate and just take more of that.

Mooselini
      January 13, 2014

This is the final product in the line of Isatori that I had the privilege of logging and it was my favorite A huge thanks goes out to Isatori. When I had first heard about Bio-gro I was as skeptical as most, ultimate recovery, no DOMS, I have heard it all before. Well I was pleasantly surprised when it turned out to parallel directly with these statements. The recovery I had was great, best I have had, while it didn't get rid of muscle soreness completely it did help in significantly speed up the recovery process.

Taste-?

Its unflavored but it still does have a taste. What that taste is I could not tell you, but its not bad at all and whenever you mix it with your protein it is completely masked and you wont even taste it.

Effectiveness-9

Wow, this is not a placebo effect this is the real deal. I was sent 3 bottles by Isatori and dosed Bio-gro at 2-3 scoops post workout. You will have to find your sweet spot but for me it was 2-3 scoops depending on the training I did that day, think legs vs . upper body. For me the turning point in does it work or is this placebo was on my squat and or deadlift day. Normally the next day following this lower body workout entitles me walking like an old man and having crazy doms for the next couple of days, but with GRO this was not the case. Also within I would say 1-2 hrs after taking this I would have an all day pumped feeling, sort of an IV drip of agmatine feeling if you will. Also I would get the same full feeling in almost every major muscle group, regardless if I trained it that day or not. So this rates on the highest end of recovery products I have tried.

Price-6

This will depend on how you dose Bio-gro. If you do 3 scoops a day it will not last you very long, but if you are in the 1-2 scoop range (almost no one is) then the value will be great. Now price to me is two fold, in that you are paying a premium price but recovery will be awesome. To me since it is almost always on sale so it should not be a major issue, but I would try 1 first before you stock up on like 20.

Overall-8

What can I say this is a great product that imo will help anyone recover faster. Yes the price will turn some away but don't knock it until you have tried it. The other thing is now some companies are releasing newer versions of Bio-gro that double the servings, which is great because that way even if you are a three scooper like me the value should stay fairly high. One final thought for Isatori, it would be cool if somehow they could combine a Hydrolyzed Whey or any protein for that matter with Bio-gro, that way you would never have to mix multiple products. Overall I would say Isatori has a novel supplement, one that actually lives up to its claims.
    • Dont Snort It
    brenth6112
      December 14, 2013

Hello everyone just finished up my Bio Gro and time for a review. iSaroti really impressed me with this one. Let's get into it.

I first want to share what a trip it was to deal with the scooper and tub thing. I forgot about it until I got the scooper for the first time. I couldnt help but laugh. I felt like I was playing operation. Cause God forbid you touch the inside on the tub. Half the tub will be on your hand. Funny stuff. Ok, anyways....

PROFILE 9
    I decided to give a high score here for the innovation and going out on a limb to try something new and different. Shows the dedication and passion for the business when you see a product like this come out. And it works lol. A 9 for sure.

So it's basically extracts from cow colostrums. Others have explained this well and I apologize for my ignorance. Im just a bro lol.

Taste/Mixability 7
    I mixed this with protein but I did try a lil and its kinda sweet and powdery. Mixability is not great. I usually got a few lumps but I couldve shaken it more. It doesnt bother me much.

Dosing 7.5
    A few things here. I took a scoop with my breakfast shake and postworkout which is around 7pm usually. Thats what it called for and I wanted to see if that would suffice to squeeze some value out of this.

I gave this a hit because it seems like people have to experiment a lot and that can be stressful trying to find what works without over doing it.

Effectiveness 9
    Even at two scoops a day this did wonders. I don't take a whole lot of extra recovery supplements so I could judge this well and I was noticeable the first use and it full effect by the first week. Muscle fullness, recovery, and energy were were all increased during this run. I honestly would not up the dosage at all.

Value 7
    This wasnt as bad for me as most people but still high. There are always deal going around for this so wait for that and enjoy. I think I spent 45 on this at vitamin shoppe which is a lot but I was just browsing and wasnt even thinking about it until I saw it. Had to have it.

Overall 8
    When it is all said and done I will get more and recommend you try it or get more as well. Very cool and effective product. iSatori deserves a lot of credit on this one. I wanted to mention there were no side effects.

• Awkward Tub

Copyright © 2016 SupplementReviews.com. All rights reserved. All trademarks are property of their respective owners.