6.3

(Better than 7% in Stimulant Free)

L-Carnitine XS Liquid is a Stimulant Free Weight Loss Product manufactured by Ronnie Coleman Signature Series. It can increase metabolic rate and fat loss without the use/inclusion of traditional stimulants.

Weight Loss > Stimulant Free

3.5
  August 26, 2017

• No Way To Measure A Serving From The Bottle

Thank you to Ronnie Coleman and his brand for the opportunity to try this supplement. I have never used L-Carnitine but I have seen and read many articles on the benefits of this supplement. When this came up on the SR Trooper list I claimed it and was excited to give it a try to see what all of the hype was about.

Pretty basic here. 3g of L-Carnitine with 10mg of Pantothenic Acid added in. I see L-Carnatine supplements anywhere from the 1-3g range. I wanted to try this specific one since it was at the high end range of 3g. L-Carnitine is supposed to help in fat loss and provide a slight energy boost. For those with health problems it can be used to help treat heart and kidney issues.

I had the Sour Apple flavor. It is spot on with the taste. It is very sour and has a nice apple taste to it. At first I thought it was going to be awful after doing the old "let it hit your lips then lick your lips" thing. But once I took a full dose it wasn't bad at all and was actually pretty good. Mixability was not an issue since it is already in liquid form. I dosed at the recommended 1 tablespoon daily, usually after my lunch. I did take on an empty stomach once and it did cause about 5 minutes worth of discomfort but other than that I had no issues. If they could put a 1 tablespoon measuring line inside the lid or include a measuring shot glass that would be beneficial.

Based on what I have read on L-Carnitine it is used for fat loss and a way to get an energy boost for healthy individuals. I was looking for a little added energy mid-day and to drop around 2 pounds while maintaining the same diet which is pretty good and the same lifting and cardio routine over the 31 day period while taking this. Not sure if the weight loss was realistic or not. Since I aim my workouts towards a power lifting routine I do keep an extra few pounds on. I can say that I did not drop any weight. I did go up a pound and down a pound from day to day but that is normal for me since it is mostly water weight. The pound did not stay off consistently for more than one day. I did notice a slight energy increase the first day I took this and maybe once or twice after but other than that I did not experience anything. I took it after my lunch which consisted of around the same protein, carbs and fat daily so I can't say it would respond better if my macros were different. I was hoping this would work for me since it is a fairly cheap supplement that I wouldn't have minded adding to my stack if it had benefited me. Although this did not work for me it did not have a negative impact in any way.

You can find this for $15.99 on Muscle and Strength.com for 31 servings. This comes out to $0.51 per serving. For me, the value is not there since I did not get positive results. If L-Carnitine does work for others then this would be a really good price.

Side Effects

If you take this on an empty stomach it can cause about 5 minutes worth of stomach discomfort. Nothing horrible, just a little tummy ache.

Conclusion

Since this did not work for me I cannot recommend this. If you have seen results from L-Carnitine in the past then you may want to give this a try since it is reasonably priced for those who respond to L-Carnitine. I don't think it is a brand issue for me I just believe L-Carnitine does not work with me. As far the other products Ronnie Coleman makes I look forward to giving them a shot in the near future.
  • Sour Apple: 6/10

Other Prices:
Amazon   $19.99
Ronnie Coleman Signature Series   $24.99

Overall
Overall
6.1
6.2
  July 31, 2017

• No Fat Loss
  • Not A Standalone Supplement

Hey SR, the following is a review for RCSS's carnitine supplement called L-Carnitine XS 3000. I have used many RCSS products with great results, and being on a cut I was happy to try this out as carnitine is a supplement marketed for energy and boosting metabolism to convert fat into energy easier. Usually I'll see carnitine in a preworkout or fat burner in pill form, but this was the first liquid form of this supplement I have taken. Here's how it performed for me.

An extremely simple profile of one tablesoon that deliver 3 g of carnitine and 10 mg of pantothenic acid. As mentioned above, carnitine has been marketed recently to provide some energy, endurance, and fat loss through a raised metabolism. The suggested daily intake for these results from what I have seen has been 1-3 g of carnitine a day, so the fact that this provides a full 3 g I feel is really nice. Since this is a single ingredient supplement pretty much and delivers a fully disclosed high dose I think the profile is great for what this is.

This being a liquid supplement is a bit different than most supplements we take. I always took in the morning or with my preworkout on workout days. Pretty easy to take with a tablespoon or measured in the cap. Not too big of a hassle. I had the mixed berry flavor, and it was the most sour supplement I have every tasted. I loved it, but then again I love sour. When I added it my preworkout, I thought it improved the flavor of my preworkout and didn't effect mixability so nothing to complain about there. I think most will not have a problem with this in this section.

So did this this work? Well, I have some mixed feelings about it. When I took this in the morning I did feel it helped me wake up a bit faster. Not like an energy supplement but just a more focused, productive state. The best results I had with this product was when I combined it with my preworkout. I felt it enhanced the preworkout and helped it in the areas of energy and endurance. I just felt better and more energized than when I took the preworkout on its own. What about fat loss? Unfortunately, I didn't see a lot of results in that area. This is true even though I was taking another fat loss product during this time as well. Having been on a cut for a long time and having just a little bit of that stubborn fat to go I thought this would be an addition to help in that area but it didn't deliver. So, I felt this product was a nice pick me up and even supplement to a supplement, but as a standalone I don't think it would do it for me and would consider it only as a luxury supplement to add to others.

The value on this is not bad, as you get over a month of servings with 31 at a price from $14-$16. I can't say the value is really good though as the effectiveness of the product for me wouldn't make it a staple or standalone for me.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Every RCSS product I have tried is top notch, and if you're looking to try a carnitine supplement I would definitely recommend this has it has a high dose, good flavor, and had some noticeable benefits, but overall I don't think standalone carnitine supplements are for me.

Other Prices:
Amazon   $19.99
Ronnie Coleman Signature Series   $24.99

July 28, 2017

• Minor GI Issues

Hi everyone. I think I'm due an apology for my late reviews. I'm trying my best to keep up with work, wife, kids, and life... I think I'm losing. Regardless, I'm excited to review RC's L-Carnitine 3000, especially because the reviews have been all over the place. Carnitine is funny stuff. You seem to either love it or hate it; it works or it doesn't. For me, it works, and it works quick. This was also my first RC product and I was excited to try the brand of the legend himself.

Straight liquid L-Carnitine at a whopping 3g dose.

Sweetened with sucralose.

Dosing: 1 tbsp, 1 time daily is more than enough. Maybe every other day even, or 2 on 1 off. It depends on how you respond.
Mixability is up to you. I had fun with this. I had the green apple flavor and played around taking it straight, mixing in ice water, mixing with juice, every time it worked well-- this is a clear viscous liquid.
Taste: Candy is the best way to describe it. The green apple flavor I received tasted just like a jolly rancher. I spent the first half of the bottle taking it as a shot and thought it was great. It was very sweet yet tart and if you thought of it as candy it was really tasty. Mixing with water or drinks seemed to actually make the taste more pronounced. A few times I drank it on the rocks and that was nice too. Half the fun was actually thinking of new ways to ingest the stuff!

So, as I stated, not everyone responds to Carnitine. On Examine.com they claim it's completely ineffective unless your deficient. Personal experience would make me doubt that. I always respond to carnitine, and I respond quickly. For me it does two things reliably: Provide mild, smooth energy and makes a dent in belly fat. I can't find any research on it, but Carnitine in general seems to have a repartitioning effect on me too. If I take it before a major cheat meal I just seem to have less bloating the following morning.

I took this at night by mistake, not thinking on one occasion and it had me tossing and turning for a couple hours. It's a crappy way to measure the effectiveness of the energy boost, but it did make it's efficacy clear. Typically, I was taking it in the morning, after my workout and before I headed to work. I would have already had some PWO a couple hours earlier, and it seemed to effectively stave off any crashes of any kind. However, I can't really attest to added energy in the gym because of the timing. Even if I took it before, the results would be clouded by the stimulants in the PWO.

As far as weight-loss goes, I did have some overlap with other products; so to ensure I was measuring the effectiveness of the weight loss component accurately, I took time off here and there to see if I noticed a fall off. I know this works for me because of how quickly I respond to this stuff. I did notice a fall off. In my first week (I'm already lean to begin with FYI <7% bf), I noticed that by day 5 I was feeling surface veins in my lower abs. By day 7 those veins were visible. I then took some time off of it, ate normally, and returned to normal bf% within 2-3 days. I continued that cycle throughout the bottle. I actually don't like being too, too skinny. It makes me too susceptible to injury and I'm not crazy about how it looks either. Regardless, the Carnitine was clearly having an impact on my weight. The scale would drop in conjunction too. Over the course of 7 days I'd drop from 225 to 218. Normally I fluctuate between 225 and 222. This stuff just always kept it on the lower end between 218 and 222. If I'd run the full month without breaks, I can only imagine where it would drop to. I didn't want to find out.

This is a great value for what you're getting. The best price I saw was on Muscle & Strength's website at $15.99 for 31 servings. That's $0.52/serving. Not bad at all for the fact that it's a superdosed liquid. This is a premium Carnitine any way you look at it.

Side Effects

There was one slight side effect. That ties into the apparent effects of repartitioning I mentioned earlier. Quick science lesson on the method by which Carnitine works: it doesn't really induce ketosis, but it does help shuttle triglycerides (fat cells) into the cellular mitochondria to be used for energy. Normally, carbs are your body's #1 energy source. With that in mind, if I'd take this before a big cheat meal (usually buff chick pizza for me), I'd find myself spending some time on the porcelain throne afterwards through the next day. The only thing I can attest this to is my body shuttling the carbs out of the digestive system instead of using them for energy, and retaining the fat molecules to use instead. I know one reviewer said he had major problems with this, but for me it was minor at best.

2nd thing- not really a side... stickiness. This stuff will get very sticky if you let it dry on a spoon or on your counter. Avoid that!

Conclusion

The deal here is you need to be a responder. If you are, this stuff is great. If you aren't, that isn't going to change, I don't think. If you don't know, give it a shot and find out. I can't think of a tastier way to take in carnitine... well maybe I can, but until I see carnitine gummy bears, this is going to be the closest thing. Thanks to RC for giving me a chance to try this stuff. Much appreciated and I will probably go back for more very soon!
  • Sour Apple: 7/10

July 24, 2017

• Tart
    • No Way To Measure A Serving From The Bottle

Currently in a fat reduction mode and saw this advertised as a non-stim weight loss product so I decided to give it a go. Thanks to RCSS for their continued support here on SR.com

L-Carnitine 3000mg, Pantothenic Acid 10mg. Unfortunately, I did not put much research into this before picking it up. While being marketed as a compound to help with weight loss, it does not seem to have much effect in this area unless you are depleted. See below in the effectiveness section for further details.

Mixed Berry, 1 tbsp, 31 servings. I did not always have a tablespoon available with me so I used the cap more often than not. I filled it up to the screw lines on the cap. This ended up being a little more than 1 tablespoon so it worked out in the end. I dosed this mainly with my afternoon PWO on days I did a morning and a lunch workout. I dosed it first thing in the morning on days I did not workout.

I asked for anything but Sour Apple and ended up with Mixed Berry. Boy was this stuff tart. Almost to the point that my butt would pucker and I would get a bitter beer face. The tartness did not seem to be as strong when I mixed it with Muscle Feast's unflavored Pumped Raw in about 8-10 oz of water and it did a nice job of masking the chemical flavor from that PWO. When mixed with other PWOs, it just kind of seemed to overtake or melt into the flavor of whatever I was taking.

This is classified and posted on TROOP CP as a stimulant free weight loss product which is why I picked it up. After about 9-10 days of use, I decided to do some digging on it on Examine.com and came across this

"L-Carnitine and the related compound Acetyl-L-Carnitine (ALCAR) are compounds able to alleviate the effects of aging and disease on mitochondria, while increasing the mitochondria's potential to burn fat.
    Theoretically, ALCAR supplementation for fat burning should work well, but studies on ALCAR in isolation do not show very good results. Fat loss is typically attributed to the increased activity done by people, from the increased energy they have from ALCAR supplementation.

"Despite its high prevalence and dependency for beta-oxidation, dietary and supplemental L-carnitine does not seem to positively influence fat metabolism unless the subject is in an otherwise deficient state.[165][166] Deficient states may include veganism and vegetarianism as well as older age, or conditions with a low dietary carnitine intake (from meats) or impaired carnitine utilization.[20]Basically, somebody who falls into one of the previously outlined deficiency states may benefit from carnitine supplementation in regards to fat loss.
    Standard supplement interventions looking at L-Carnitine and either fat mass or body weight fail to note any significant effects in rats[166][165] or in obese women with 2g of L-Carnitine daily and aerobic exercise.[167] "

Needless to say after reading this I kind of wrote the supplement off. I do not believe I am deficient in L-Carnitine and did not feel like it would benefit me in the area of weight loss after reading the above. I did not really pay attention to any other benefits but do not feel they would have been noticeable without some sort of blood or scientific tests.

Looks like you can pick this up for $15.99 a bottle. Definitely not a price point to bust your wallet. So if you are possibly deficient in L-Carnitine or just want to give a go to see if it does help with weight loss I don't see it as a big loss. Cheap supplement for a 30 day supply.

• Mixed Berry: 4/10

July 21, 2017

• Not As Effective As Other Carnitine Blends

Ronnie is back at it again in the fitness industry but now he's spear heading the supplement industry! He's arguably the greatest bodybuilder of all time so why wouldn't the millions of fitness fanatics scramble to purchase and use anything with his stamp of approval? Well I know that I couldn't resist when I saw the opportunity to get on board to try out their carnitine supplement. I've been fairly accustomed to using pure carnitine supplements in my usual stack to improve fat metabolism and decided to see if Ronnie's brand offers any added benefits compared to the competition. So lets see how it stacks up!

L-Carnitine (3,000mg): Considering the fact that carnitine is the main and only active ingredient within this product I find it appropriate to educate you guys on carnitine's effectiveness and usage. Carnitine is known for increasing the activity of utilizing fats for transport to be used for metabolism, basically means that your body will slightly favor fat burning more than usual is the best way that I think about it. Unfortunately though, these claims have been pretty unfounded in the younger more active population and has really only been seen clinically in the elderly. Well just because there is lack of availability of research doesn't necessarily mean it doesn't work and I being a pretty scientific individual have trouble with throwing down cash for products that still have poor research but for whatever reason it may be, I feel like carnitine does help, placebo or not. It should also be known that typical clinical dosing for carnitine is usually no greater than 2,000mg so kudos to Ronnie for going above and beyond in terms of dosing!

I had the chance to try out the Sour Apple flavor which was indeed very sour! I typically used the cap to portion out my doses that ended up being a bit of a mess overtime since residual liquid would spill over the bottle after I closed it up. I do enjoy taking a liquid supplement like carnitine though just because it's a switch up from the usual powder or pills. I believe that Ronnie decided to make it a liquid product due to the hasty solidifying effect of carnitine powder. If you like sour flavor though and absolutely hate taking pills then I'm sure you'd love this.

I generally took my serving of carnitine about 30 minutes prior to working out to better utilize fat burning for energy to fuel my lifts. It always went down pretty easy with a nice sour flavor and the only real effect I noted from its use is increased sweating during my exercise sessions and higher sensitivity to starting a sweat, other than that you really can't note much of an immediate observed effect from its usage. I did note some weight loss but this may be due in conjunction to the inclusion of other products I was taking as well as a calorie deficit that I am currently on for an upcoming NPC competition.

I was able to find this product online for as cheap as $16, which pits it at just north of 50 cents a serving. Considering the dosing, I think that price is more than fair for any individual that's curious to give it a go and see if a carnitine supplement is for them!

Side Effects

Though I've read some GI discomfort issues with previous reviews, I personally had no issues from using this product in its entirety.

Conclusion

Ronnie decided to keep things nice and simple with this carnitine product and in today's supplement world simple has become increasingly rare. I commend the inclusion of a bountiful 3,000mg carnitine dosage at a very reasonable price at that! I personally love to use carnitine supplements but I think that I do better with a blend of carnitine ingredients rather than just a large dose of one type like in this product. Any fitness fanatic that is curious and wants to know what carnitine could do for them to help shed a couple extra pounds should most definitely test out Ronnie's carnitine supplement mainly due to it's low price point, so what do you got to lose other than fat and a couple bucks?! Cheers Fellas!
    • Sour Apple: 7/10

July 20, 2017

• Multiple Flavors

I've been a fan of RCSS products over the past few years. They are always well-priced, taste good, perform fairly well, and of course, the owner is a legend. So, when RCSS put up their Carnitine for review, I thought I'd give it a shot since my current goal is cutting anyways.

I've used Carnitine in the form of acetyl-l-carnitine, which is known to perform very well, especially in terms of muscle nerve function. However, L-Carnitine on it's own isn't really known for that. It is usually marketed as a "burn fat instead of muscle" type product.

Well, since it was flavored, I raised my hand for it and gave Big Ron a chance.

It's straight L-Carnitine. 3000mg worth of it. You can judge this by how much you like Carnitine. I had success with Acetyl-L-Carnitine in the past, but I've never used L-Carnitine on it's own before.

I had the mixed berry flavor. It was too strong for me personally on it's own. When I mixed it with some water, it actually became an enjoyable drink.

One tablespoon is a serving. I measured out a tablespoon, which filled out only half or so of the cap, so dosing exactly one tablespoon without an actually tablespoon sucked.

It is a clear liquid, so mixability isn't an issue.

This is really a tough one to judge. I threw this on top of a cut, which I have been on the last month. I guess I should mention the obvious... you MUST have your diet in control to see any results at all.

One thing I noticed was slightly less fatigue throughout the day. I was taking in a lot less caffeine than usual, yet while on this, I felt as if I didn't need it. That's pretty big for me, as my caffeine addiction is pretty ridiculous at this point. I ran this while dieting, and for the first month I got down about 14-15 pounds.

I cannot give this all of the credit of course, but it did have its place. I did notice an endurance increase during cardio.

L-Carnitine is more of one of those products you take, and expect to not see any direct benefit from, yet know that there are studies that show some promise. Kind of like green tea for me. However, I have been cutting off fat faster than I thought I would, so there is no way this product did not benefit me in some way.

At the end of the day, I'd still go with ALC over this, as there are more focus benefits with that form of carnitine as well.

You can get this for $16 on M&S, this is a solid deal. Other than that you find it for around $25-29. I wouldn't pay the latter personally, as there are better carnitine forms out there.

At $16 though, I wouldn't mind throwing this on top of a cutting stack.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Not going to lie, this was a tough one to gauge. Unlike caffeine, or other thermogenic ingredients, you don't notice the effects on L-Carnitine as easily. With stimulants, I can feel the energy. With capsaicin, I can feel the burn. With carnitine... I noticed a slight boost in my fat loss with perhaps a slight energy boost, yet nothing to write home about.

If you have the extra cash, I'd say throw this in your stack, because $16 won't make or break most of you. However, if you want a fat burner you can feel, that will crush your appetite, and make you sweat... go for a proven thermogenic. I'd say this is better than Green Coffee Bean extract, yet way under Yohimbine Hcl at the end of the day.
      • Mixed Berry: 8/10

July 11, 2017

• Multiple Flavors

Big thanks to Ronnie Coleman and his supplement line for sending me this product to review! I am a 26 year old firefighter from Ohio. My main goals are to maintain a solid shape for my job and to build muscle mass / strength. During my use of this product I also used a preworkout, protein powder, amino powder, fish oil, and multivitamin.

Very simplistic and straightforward label here. Main ingredient is L-Carnitine at 3,000mg. The other ingredient on the label is Pantothenic Acid, which sounds fancy but is just simply vitamin B5. That is dosed at 10mg. Other than those 2 ingredients there are just things added for flavoring. I always love simple and easy labels on my supplements.

I thought the taste was good on this product and to me there are 2 ways to go about taking it. I mainly used a 1 tablespoon scoop and just filled it up and threw it in my mouth. I found this way to be the easiest and most convenient. Doing it this way does cause the flavor to be a lot stronger and more concentrated. That didn't bother me but it might be a bit overwhelming for some people. The other method you can use to take this is to fill the one tablespoon scoop up and then add it to some water. You can use different amounts of water depending and how strong or tame you wish the flavor to be. If you go with method 1 there is no mixing involved. If you use method 2, which I only did once, it mixed perfectly fine. Based on what Ive researched online most people using an L-Carnitine supplement use 1500-3000 mg per serving. One serving of this is 3000 mg so I think its dosed spot on.

My goal was not to have a ton of fat or weight loss. I took this product to see what it would do for me currently. During my
        use I increased the amount I ate each day and I did not find I increased my fat at all. During my used I went down in weight about 1-3 pounds. It would vary daily but I definitely contribute this small loss to this product. I did not do any increased cardio. I definitely think this product works and would work best if you goal is fat / weight loss. Especially if you combine this with diet, cardio, and a fat loss stack. The results in effectiveness were minimal for me but showed that it had potential for someone with different goals in mind.

The cheapest I found this product was for 15.99 at muscle and strength. I personally don't think it's too bad a price if your looking to add another aspect to your fat burning stack. At that price it breaks down to about 53 cents per serving.

Side Effects

During my usage of this product I experienced no side effects which is always a plus.

Conclusion

Overall this is not a bad supplement to consider depending on what your goals currently are or will be. Like I previously said on its own you probably won't notice dramatic weight loss effects but stacked with other supplements would be beneficial. If my goals in the future are ever fat and weight loss I will definitely consider trying this again. There are many brands that make liquid L-Carnitine and I'm not sure how different they would be exactly but I've tried several products of Ronnie Coleman and I've always been impressed. So if your in the market for a liquid L-Carnitine I do recommend this brand. If your not looking for weight loss then this product may not be for you. Once again thank you to Ronnie Coleman and his reps for sending this out to me.
        • Orange Smash: 6/10

July 9, 2017

• Some GI Issues Without Split Dosage

For a while now I have been, looking at picking up some of Ronnie Coleman Signature Series (RCSS) supplements but never got around to it. After seeing all the reviews on here for RCSS products and animo-tone being the "most wanted" supplement among Troopers, I figured RCSS products had to be good. So, when RCSS put L-Carnitine XS 300 I had to try it, here is the review.

L-Carnitine XS Liquid comes in a 16-ounce container with 31-tablespoon (15 ml) servings. The main ingredient is 3000 mg of l-carnitine. You can find l-carnitine in the body and is created in the body using lysine and methione. Once created it is stored in various places such as the brain and muscles. It also comes from nature and most notably from meat with red meat containing about 120 mg per serving. L-carnitine is touted as a stimulant free fat burner because of how it works. Now, I am no scientist but this is how I understand l-carntine works. L-caritine is used in the body for fat transport within cells. It takes fats and brings them to the mitochondria who in turn burn them as fuel to produce ATP. This production of ATP using fats can increase your energy and fight off fatigue, which is another benefit of l-carnitine. Other uses of l-carnitine include treatment of l-carnitine deficiency, heart conditions, kidney disease, male infertility, and several others. I will note that this product contains l-carnitine, which is different than ALCAR, L-carnitine l-tartrate, and GPLC. These are different forms of l-carnitine and if you would like to know more about, them check out this link (https://examine.com/supplements/l-carnitine/). It also contains pantothenic acid at 10 mg, which is 48% daily value.

The one thing to note with RCSS L-Carnitine is that it is liquid form. Now, I could not find studies about whether liquid was better than powder but anecdotally from what I saw online liquid is preferred. I personally prefer liquid because I already have a bunch of powders and I prefer the change of taking something in the liquid form. There are no calories, fat, or carbohydrates in this and it is sweetened with sucralose and acesulfame-K.

L-Carntine XS Liquid comes in four flavors they are orange smash, mixed berry, blue razz, and sour apple. I received the orange smash and it was quite good. It tasted like those Smarty Arty Orange Squeezit drinks from the 90s. If you have never tried a Squeezit it is also close to those orange lifesavers or tic tacs. It was almost nostalgic and I enjoyed taking my doses during the day. Mixability does not really apply and I never attempted to mix it with anything but you possibly could. As far as dosing goes, I found that two split doses was best for me. So, I would take 1/2 tablespoon in the AM and another at night. If I took it all at once, I would have slight stomachache and I had some GI issues. I will go into more detail later on the side effects. The one thing I want to mention here is I do wish the cap had a measuring line in it. I looked when I finished the container and did not see one. This would have made it more convenient to dose than always using 1/2 tablespoon.

There were three things that I noticed over the month I took this product and they were reduced fatigue, increased endurance, and a leaning effect. It took about the second week but I noticed that I had less fatigue during my workouts. I have recently added in supersets, which has been quite difficult. I noticed that when I took this in AM before my workout I was fatigued a little less, this was most notable on leg day. I will usually do high rep supersets and will be exhausted afterward but with this, I had a little left in the tank. I would say the reduction of fatigue was similar to how I feel when taking BCAAs. I was taking an intra workout at the time but this gave it a little kick and I noticed more than with just BCAA alone. As for the increased endurance, I think this goes along with the reduction of fatigue. I had a little more energy to workout longer. It was nothing huge but I think over the course of the bottle it added up.

As this product is touted as a weight loss supplement, I noticed a leaning effect over the course of the bottle. I did not lose any actual weight but my lifts did go up and my weight remained about the same. Perhaps I lost some fat and gained some lean muscle mass. This was probably due to the reduction of fatigue that gave me some increased endurance and upped the intensity of my workouts. You have to go into this not expecting shedding pounds of weight like a thermogenic fat burner, this is more subtle and works overtime. Overall, this was an effective product and I was happy with my results.

At the time of this writing, you can find RCSS L-Carnitine XS on Ronnie Coleman's website for $21.38, which is $0.68 per serving. I also noticed that you could get a 20% off coupon for first time orders so the price is dropped even more. Comparing it to others, Pro Supps L-Carnitine 1500 goes for $0.44 cents per serving but you need to take two servings to reach the dose in RCSS. So, that comes to $0.88 per serving. Dymatize Liquid L-Carnitine comes to $0.31 per serving but you would need to take three servings to reach (and slightly exceed) what is in RCSS. So, that comes to $0.93 per serving. RSP Liquid L-Carnitine 3000 goes for $0.58 per serving, which is slight cheaper than RCSS. I also have seen RSP on sale quite a bit. Nutrex Liquid Carnitine 3000 goes for $1.10 per serving. Overall, I think RCSS L-Carnitine XS is definitely competitively priced especially when it is on sale. Only RSP beats them in price but only has one flavor. I personally prefer more flavor options.

Side Effects

As I mentioned previously I did have some side effects when taking a full serving (one tablespoon) at a time. I would have a slight stomachache and on a couple occasions some GI issues. I then decided to split the dosage and take 1/2 tablespoon two times per day and that completely alleviated and side effects. I definitely would recommend the split dosage.

Conclusion

Ronnie Coleman Signature Series - L-Carnitine XS Liquid is an effective product. I noticed a reduction in fatigue, increased endurance, and a leaning effect over the course of the bottle. It tastes quite good and I would liken the taste to nostalgic drinks of the 90s. I did have some side effects that were completely eliminated once I split the dosage taking a half a serving twice daily. This is competitively priced and cheaper than most other liquid l-carnitine products on the market. I would definitely recommend trying it and I know I will be trying other RCSS products in the future. I would like to thank Ronnie Coleman Signature Series for sending the product and the Trooper Program for coordinating it.

-Xcmiler
        • Orange Smash: 8/10

July 6, 2017

Cons:

A big thanks to Big Ron and RCSS for their continued participation here on SR.com. Today, I discuss my experiences with RCSS new liquid L-carnitine product. I've used and reviewed a few other carnitine products in the past. I've had positive experiences with all of them in several areas. Through my experience, I can say without hesitation that I'm a positive responder to carnitine. Carnitine supplementation, I've found, helps improve my recovery, endurance, and energy. I've also noticed it does help with fat loss since carnitine does play a role in fat metabolism. Though, reviews on that benefit are mixed.

One simple ingredient:

Each serving provides 3 g of L-carnitine. The serving size is one tablespoon (15 ml).

I explained in other reviews of similar products about the benefits of L-carnitine. L-carnitine is touted to be beneficial to the brain, heart, and have exert antioxidant properties.

It's most highlighted benefit is how it can aid in fat metabolism by shuttling fats into the mitochondria of cell in order to be utilized for fuel.

The effective dosage of L-carnitine may vary among users, but for me personally, 3-4 g is the sweet spot.

I received the blue razz flavor and I enjoyed it quite a lot. It wasn't too overly tart and had just the right hint of sweetness. I always took it straight up as it was and never mixed it with anything, so I can't comment about any mixability. It's a liquid anyway so I don't see mixability being applicable to begin with.

I dosed this at a full 3 g serving before workouts. On non-training days, I dosed a full serving about 30 minutes before breakfast in the morning.

I think I should note, if you use L-carnitine to aid in fat loss, know that it most likely will not produce widely pronounced results on its own. You really need to have you diet and training in strict check in order for this to exert its metabolism boosting benefits. I know I always sound repetitive whenever I mentioned that, but in all seriousness, it's "that" important.

In any case, RCSS's L-carnitine gave me some good benefits that I did notice mainly later within the first week. I had some better overall energy in the gym during my workouts, a little less fatigue intra workout between lifts and sets, and my post workout recovery was improved to a moderate degree. I couldn't really tell if it helped with fat loss to any significant degree, primarily because when I use L-carnitine for fat loss support, I usually require it to be run for at least 8 weeks as opposed to only 4. Truthfully, the enhanced energy, endurance, and recovery you get from L-carnitine is where it mostly aids in the fat loss department since having these qualities allows for more prolonged and intensive training, which in return can lead to fat loss over time.

Anybody who reads this and sees how I described the benefits may find it odd how I can give this product a high score, yet make it seem like the benefits were modest/moderate at best. Truth be told, it's because this is what I expect from L-carnitine. I do want it to be effective, but I don't expect any highly significant benefits in comparison to more advanced formulations like pre workouts, BCAAs, or post workout products. L-carnitine by itself should yield moderate, but noticeable benefits if you are experienced with running it as a stand alone product dosed separately from other supplements.

I found RCSS L-carnitine for as low as 15.99 on muscleandstrength.com. For a full month's (31) servings, I think that is a great value if you're someone who prefers the liquid preparation of L-carnitine as opposed to caps for whatever reason.

Side Effects

Conclusion

If you enjoy L-carnitine and knowingly benefit from it, give RCSS Liquid L-carnitine a try. Don't expect superb benefits, but at least expect the product to give you moderate boosts in energy, endurance, and aid in fat loss with intense training and proper diet.

WARMACHINE OUT!!!

GO RED SOX!! YEAH BUDDY!!!
          • Blue Razz: 8/10

Overall
          Overall
          3.0
          2.0
            June 28, 2017

• Horrible GI Issues

Hello all, once again I would like to thank SR for letting me review this product its always appreciated! I wanted to try this product for a couple reasons. The first being that my goal right now is to lose some fat and gain lean muscle. I thought that taking L-carnitine would be a great start. Turns out this product just did not work for me in multiple ways.

L-Carnitine (3000mg) - L- carnitine has many claims, the main being to help with fat loss. Indirectly, it actually does. Its naturally occurring in the body and increases the mitochondria's (in cells) ability to burn fat. Recent studies have shown that L-carnitine supplementation is not very effective, but instead the fat loss comes from the increased energy a person receives from this supplementation. A number of studies have reported that a dose given one hour before exercise or short-term (two to three weeks) L-carnitine supplementation (2 to 4 grams/day) is associated with increases in maximal oxygen uptake.
          In a recent double-blind, placebo-controlled trial in 32 healthy adults, L-carnitine (1 gram/day or 3 grams/day) for eight weeks did not improve aerobic or anaerobic exercise performance (Higdon et al., 2012). While carnitine supplementation (in theory) might work, the available data suggests that carnitine supplementation does not affect athletic performance in healthy individuals (Higdon et al., 2012).

I had them send me the Blue Razz flavor. I thought the taste was pretty good overall, maybe a little too sweet for me. It mixed well with water, and I don't see why you would want to use any other type of liquid. I used the dose recommended on the bottle which was 1 tbsp. I typically used it right before my workout.

Not very effective at all for me. There are many reasons that I am giving this product a poor review, I think the main reason is that it just didn't work. WAIT! There is a HUGE "BUT" to this. I actually had to stop using this product about 2-3 weeks in because it gave me awful (and I mean absolutely awful) gastrointestinal issues. These issues were so bad that I stopped taking the product completely. In addition to this, the bottle actually started to leak. I never dropped it or screwed the cap on too hard, anything like that. Overall, I cannot give an accurate effectiveness review for this product because of the side effects.

Good Value. You can get the 31 servings for $15.99 on muscleandstrength.com. It costs $20.69 on Ronniecoleman.net which is a little more than I would be willing to spend on this product.

Side Effects

Huge GI issues including diarrhea and stomach pain.

Conclusion

Like I said earlier I cannot give an accurate review of the effectiveness since I was not able to complete the entire bottle. I can comment on the taste which was pretty good overall. I do not know if anyone else had this GI issue, but from my experience I would avoid this product because of that alone, and based on experience it is not even worth seeing if it will have the same issues with your system. I would like to try a different form of the L-carnitine supplementation eventually, but I think for now I will lay off the stuff to make sure I have no more issues. On another note, the value is overall pretty decent so if this works for you I would say that the price on muscleandfitness.com is a decent deal. Sorry for the inability to provide an accurate review of the product, but I honestly tried it as much as I could. It was getting so bad that I was in the bathroom every 20 mins. Hopefully this does not deter you too much from this product. Like I say in every one of my reviews, every product has a variety of effects on different people. Always do your research before taking a supplement and be safe!

Live Happy,Live healthy