(Better than 23% in Energy Supplements > Drinks)

L-Carnitine 3000 is an Energy Drink manufactured by VMI Sports. It is a stimulant based drink designed to give you a boost of energy and increase mental focus.
FORUM TOPICS

Energy Supplements > Drinks

June 4, 2018

• Slight Leaning Effect

Provides nice energy and focus, helps effectiveness of other products.

Hey SR, here today to review Carnitine 3000 by VMI Sports. Carnitine is an amino acid that helps in energy production, metabolism, focus, and overall athletic performance. Personally, I love running carnitine asI definitely feel a difference in my workouts and progress towards my goals. You won't feel the effects of this like when you take a preworkout, but if you're in tune with your body, workouts, and goals I have found i can feel a difference. Let's see how VMI did with their product.

The profile for this product is a little unique, at it delivers a big dose of carnitine at 3 g, but in 3 different forms. We have 1.5 g of L-carnitine, then 750 mg each of acetyl and tartate. I really like this profile as each form of carnitine touts a little different benefits. Combining these different types of carnitine at good doses makes this a very solid profile for a pure carnitine supplement.

This is a liquid carnitine supplement, so no real mixability here. Dosing is 1 tbsp a day. I took this a couple times straight, but mosty I added this to either my preworkout or intra amino drink. I had the orange pineapple flavor, and to be honest it wasn't great when taken straight. Nothing horrible and it's only a tbsp, but still wasn't very good. When added to my preworkout or intra it didn't change the flavor of either of those in any big way.

Overall, I thought this was a very effective carnitine supplement, especially when added to my preworkout. This provided with me extra endurance where I felt more energized in the gym and moved through my sets faster and felt better. Another huge benefit of this supplement was the added focus. When combined with my preworkout it really zoned me in at the gym. When taken alone throughout the day, I had some of these benefits but not nearly as noticeable as when taken before my workout. Did it make me lose weight all by itself? That's a strong statement I can't really agree with, but I did progress toward my goals. Why? The better workouts, energy, etc. It helped my workouts, so it helped me towards my goals. I think this is a great product.

You can find this for $20 for 31 servings. I feel this is a great value for how effective it was for me and would buy again, especially since you're getting the big 3 g dose.

Side Effects

Conclusion

This is a great carnitine product that enhances your workouts with energy and focus.

Other Prices:
    Amazon   $19.99
    VMI Sports   $24.99

Overall
    Overall
    5.4
    5.8
      May 27, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Slight Increase In Energy
    • Slight Increase In Focus
    • Slight Leaning Effect
    • Missing Some Key Fat Burning Ingredients
    • Odd Odor
    • Priced Slightly High
    • Slight Burning When Drinking

I have been a fan of VMI Sports for quite sometime after reviewing several of their products. However, I have not really purchased any of their products because they are not widely available (at least in the places that I shop). So, I am fortunate that they put their products on here. As Summer is starting soon I wanted to try some weight loss supplements that were stim free. So, when I saw L-Carnitine 3000 I claimed it and here is the review.

L-Carnitine 3000 comes in 16 ounce container and is a completely liquid product. Each serving is 1 tbsp (15 ml) and a bottle contains 31 servings. The first ingredient is l-carnitine in a 1.5g dosage. This is the standard form of l-carnitine, which can aid in burning fat as fuel. The next ingredient is acetyl l-carnitine (ALCAR) at 750 mg dosage, this form can cross the blood-blood brain barrier. Then you have l-carnitine l-tartrate (LCLT) at a 750 mg dosage, and this form is supposed to have improved absorption due to the l-tartrate. I personally would have prefered less l-carnitine and increase the ALCAR and LCLT especially the ALCAR. I will note that this is sweetened with sucralose.

One thing that I wished for in this product is that it had an ingredient I can feel. The ALCAR I kind of could with slight increased focus. However, that was hit or miss. I would have liked a Lean-GBB or grains of paradise. Fornutally, VMI came out with a product that included those and combined aspects of this product called L-Carnitine 1500 Heat.

L-Carnitine 3000 comes in three flavors and they are gummy bear, patriot pop, and orange pineapple. I received the gummy bear flavor. As mentioned before this is a liquid supplement and I stored it in a kitchen cabinet throughout the duration of the review. When you first open the bottle you are hit with an odd sweet smell. It was like those ice pop desserts that are the juice in the plastic tubes that you freeze, fun pops? When you first drink it you are hit with very sweet tart taste and it continues being tart as you drink it. I will note that the tartness would give that weird jaw feeling you get with tart foods/supplements. As it went down my throat there was a very slight burning type feel similar to like NyQuil. Mixability does not really apply to this product but I will note that it is on the thicker side similar to NyQuil.

As far as dosing goes, I did 1 tbsp at one time or I split the dosage taking a tbsp two times per day. I did have some dosing issues as this is a liquid product I made the mistake of thinking the lid had a measurement tool, it doesn't. Further, a few times attempting to dose I lost some liquid as it spilled out of the bottle or the measurement tool. The biggest thing is to be careful when measuring out the dosage as you can lose some servings if you are not careful.

I felt like it was kind of hard to rate the effectiveness of this product. I did not really loose much fat while taking this product. I did feel leaner over the course of the month that I took this but my pant size remained the same and maybe slightly looser. However, that could have been due to my diet, water balance etc. About the only thing I really felt was a slight increase in focus with the ALCAR and a very slight increase in energy. However, it was rather hit or miss and I could not rely on that. Maybe, you need to take this product over a longer period of time. L-carnitine was never a supplement that I take solo as it is in many different types of products. Unfortunately, this was not very effective for me other than a slight increase in focus and maybe some leaning.

L-Carnitine 3000 retails for $24.99 making it $0.83 per serving. The cheapest I found this was $19.95 making it about $0.66 per serving. Comparing this to other similar products L-Carnitine 3000 by Pro Supps is $0.61 per serving. iSatori Liquid L-Carnitine LS3 is going for $0.47 per serving. RSP Nutrition Liquid L-Carnitine is $0.58 per serving. I will note that all of these have slightly different formulas. Some only have L-Carnitine and others have different dosages of the L-Carnitine forms in the VMI Sports product. To be honest based on the results I got I probably would not actually purchase this and it is on the more expensive side. I could see getting this for the flavor as the other products listed had rather boring flavors (except for Pro Supps but their product was only L-Carnitine).

Side Effects

Prior in the review, I mentioned there was a slight burning, kind of like taking NyQuil. About halfway through this bottle run my allergies flared up and I had a sore throat. Dosing this was painful as it would irritate my throat. Another issue that I had with this product is when I would go to the bathroom there would be this odd smell. It was hard to describe but took place over the time I took this product and ended when I finished with it. After finishing this I started using their other product the L-Carnitine 1500 Heat and I did not have the issue. The only thing that I can think of is the dosing of the l-carnitine was too high for me.

Conclusion

L-Carnitine 3000 gave a slight increase to leaning, focus, and energy that could be worth a try. Overall, this product could be worth a try if you frequently use liquid based L-Carnitine supplements. I personally won't use this product again but instead would probably use their L-Carnitine 1500 Heat product instead (review will be up in several weeks).

-Xcmiler

Just a note: I am unsure what is going on with the run duration counter but there was at most a 1 day overlap with L-Carnitine 1500 HEAT (started on May 16). It appears that counter is counting the time between completion and review posting.
    • Gummy bear: 7/10

Other Prices:
    Amazon   $19.99
    VMI Sports   $24.99

May 21, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Fat Reduction
    • Fishy Body Odor

Why I Chose This Supplement

In all my years of supplementing diet and exercise I have never really given L-Carnitine a shot as a standalone product. I have taken many products that combine L-Carnitine with other compounds but never a standalone. I was interested to see if A.) there would be a quantifiable difference by adding it to my regiment by itself and B.) if the claims that it aides a ketogenic diet as nicely as some claim.

L-Carnitine is a compound that is not technically an amino acid but does have like qualities to both amino acids and vitamins. It is a naturally occurring compound produced in both the livers and kidneys and stored in muscle tissue. It is a pretty well studied compound and some of the functions important to people who would supplement L-Carnitine include but are not limited to things like transport of fatty acids, resistance to fatigue and a host of other benefits. Lots of great articles are out there that go into more detail if one were so inclined to read up further on the subject.

I want to extend thanks to VMI Sports for their generous participation in the Troop Program and their incredibly expedient response time. L-Carnitine 3000 is a flavored liquid L-Carnitine supplement that contains three forms of L-Carnitine. It is available in three flavors which include gummy bear, patriot pop, and orange pineapple. I was sent the patriot pop flavor for my run.

So not much to cover on the ingredient profile. Just three forms of L-Carnitine totaling 3000mg of total L-Carnitine divided as follows.

1.5g L-Carnitine
    750mg Acetyl-L-Carnitine (ALCAR)
    750mg L-Carnitine-L-Tartrate

There are supposed benefits to each form which I won't really go into detail about. Notably though ALCAR is said to be able to more readily cross the blood brain barrier and thus having more impact on cognitive function than other forms of L-Carnitine. All in all if the science backs the claims then the ratio and idea of using three different forms is fairly well thought out.

I was worried about how it would fare in the taste department but I gotta say that the patriot pop was quite enjoyable. Maybe not the best tasting supplement I've ever had but they hit the nail on the head with the flavor as it literally tasted like drinking a melted bomb pop.

Dosing was simple as my protocol included taking one dose in the morning prior to fasted cardio/yoga.

I honestly didn't think that I would have much in the way of quantifiable effects from a standalone L-Carnitine supplement but I did feel a little more energized during my morning routines. Even in the absence of stimulants there was a noticeable difference in how I felt throughout the workout. It was a pleasant surprise. In terms of fat loss I really didn't get to run it long enough to quantify the efficacy as a fat loss aide. But more on that later.

Most people are going to use this in a one serving per day model so a single bottle will provide 31 servings or days worth of L-Carnitine. You can find this for about $20 per bottle shipped so roughly $.65 per day to add this to your arsenal. In terms of value compared to other L-Carnitine supplements this is actually pretty strong even when compared with capsules and bulk powder. And the convenience of liquid form that actually tastes good is just added value over the bulk powders and pills.

Side Effects

So it seems like I really liked the product so why not give it a yes on recommended right? Well because I can't seem to take this supplement due to the side effects. Mind you that I did not notice this side effect but rather my wife noticed. Apparently a potential but less common side is that it can give you a fishy body odor. Or as my wife so eloquently put it "You smell like a dirty vagina when you sweat". So not necessarily a physically damaging side effect but certainly not something conducive to a happy home and work life. I don't know if the dose is too high or if this pertains directly to my genetics but apparently I stink from taking this supplement. I obviously had to cut this short and just review based off of what I have run thus far.

This was very disappointing to me as I was enjoying taking this product. I am not discouraging anyone from trying this product because you may not have this particular issue but I also feel obligated to share this experience. This is not a negative mark on VMI Sports by any means either. By all accounts it is a competitively priced product that may be great for some.

Conclusion

Don't let my review scare you away from this or other L-Carnitine products. As I said the cases of this seem to be pretty rare and the effects went away almost immediately after I quit taking L-Carnitine. Maybe in the future I will try a lower dosed product and see if the outcome is different for me.
    • Patriot Pop: 8/10

May 9, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Fat Reduction
    • Tasty

VMI's L-Carnitine 3000 is a great addition to any summer cutting stack while giving the user a nice sweet treat to help boost fat loss.

Whats up SR, time to drop my review of VMI Sports L-Carnitine 3000. I chose to review this product as obviously with summer fast approaching its time to try and shed as many of those unwanted pounds as possible. With this warming of the weather comes an increase in my cardio sessions as well as some volume increases with my lifting. Shoutout to VMI and the Trooper program for always hooking it up.

Alright so this is a pretty simple product, its a liquid form L-Carnitine Supplement:

Serving size: 15ml (1 tbsp)

L-Carnitine - 1.5g
      Acetyl L-Carnitine - 750mg
      L-Carnitine L-Tartrate - 750mg

As we can clearly see this is giving us a total of 3g of Carnitine from 3 different sources (hence the name). Now a quick run down of the differences between these types: L-Carnitine essentially allows the body to use stored body fat as energy. Acetyl L-Canitine crosses the blood brain barrier to allow for an effect on brain function. L-Carnitine L-Tartrate has shown some positive effects on testosterone but is essentially the same as standard L-Carnitine.

I received the Patriot Pop flavor of this product and found it to be a fantastic sweet treat, it is the VMi version of "Rocket Pop" the classic red, white and blue popsicle. I was a little worried with how this would taste as this was my first experience with a liquid form Carnitine, but it was really nice. Dosing for me was a tablespoon, I really didn't want to take the time to really measure out the serving, it would have been nice if they had made it so you could use the cap of the bottle as the serving size, but oh well.

This product did work for me, plain and simple. In addition to a well put together diet (ketoish) and increases in my cardio I was able to drop a few pounds, most noticeably from my mid section. And I do feel leaner overall, it is tough to attribute all of the success to this product but I can tell this did definitely have an effect on me, a nice extra little kick in my fat loss progress. In total I dropped 4 pounds while taking this product over a month period, this may not seem like a lot but I really was not focused on a set scale number for this summer prep, more of a feeling and a look then an actual number. I feel as though this would be a nice addition to any cutting stack. I did not notice any of the cognitive effects noted by other reviewers personally, but I wish I had.

As with the majority of VMI products this rings in at a reasonable price point of 19.95 from A1Supplements.com for the 31 serving bottle, giving this a value of 0.64 cents per serving. Considering this is more of an "add on" supplement that is a great price point in my eyes.

Side Effects

Conclusion

In conclusion VMI's L-Carnitine 3000 is a fantastic addition to anyones fat loss stack who is looking for a reasonably priced way to help get any little edge in the shredding game. Factor in the great taste and avoidance of swallowing 10+ pills to get the doses the same and you have yourself one very solid weight loss product. Well done VMI.
      • Patriot Pop: 9/10

May 8, 2018

• Fat Reduction

L-Carnitine is a heavily studied compound with a long panel of benefits. Science tells us it's only effective in carnitine-deficient individuals but I've always found it to work reliably well. VMI has now developed this super-dosed liquid version and joins a small section of the industry working to improve how this useful supplement is ingested, effectively making it more appealing than ever before.

I'd like to begin with a thank you to VMI for their continued support of SR and for adding another product to the long list of TROOPer recommended supplements after being tested through this site. This was my second run with a liquid carnitine dosed at 3g/serving, the first being the Ronnie Coleman version. Both products fared well and similarly, and most likely your decision will come down to brand and taste preference when trying to decide between these and other available options from upper echelon brands.

L-Carnitine 3000 delivers a panel of 3 types of carnitine.

First is L-Carnitine, dosed at 1.5g. Next is Acetyl L-Carnitine and L-Carnitine L-Tartrate, both at 750mg.

Some of the other reviewers noted an increase in energy during their run with the product. This is most likely attributed to Acetyl L-Carnitine, as it is processed in a way that allows it to pass the blood-brain barrier and provide energy.

L-Carnitine L-Tartrate shares the characteristics of normal L-Carnitine. Essentially you're taking in 2,250mg of Carnitine that will be stored in your muscles and used to convert fatty acids to ATP at the cellular level, and 750mg of Carnitine that will store within the brain and create energy by optimizing the processing of fatty acids for energy.

Taste: I received the gummy bear flavor and wasn't a huge fan, but I really don't know that they could've made it any better. The flavor is very concentrated and the liquid is very viscous. It wasn't bad taking a tbsp at a time, but it was basically like tolerable medicine.

Mixability: N/A- besides shaking before each serving, this required no mixing.

Dosing: 1 tbsp/serving. This was a little tricky. Acetyl L-Carnitine should be taken on an empty stomach. L-Carnitine and L-Carnitine Tartrate should be taken with meals. I varied my dosing to just before eating, and about 30 minutes after eating. I ultimately found that I preferred taking it on an empty stomach before eating the best because it served as a nutrient repartitioner more effectively that way. The boost I got from the Acetyl L Carnitine was minimal and so I didn't mind missing out on it by following my dose up with food.

This product worked exactly as it should. It allowed me to be a little more flexible in my diet and helped me avoid any discomfort if I ate fatty foods. I noticed slight weight loss around my mid-section while taking it, but nothing astonishing. Your body normally has Carnitine reserves stored, and so this is a product I consider to be more of an insurance policy than a game changer. Energy levels never spiked after taking it, but over the course of my run I noticed my fatigue onset in the afternoon to be diminished if I'd taken the Carnitine just before lunch. If I ate a lot of carbs I'd notice they weren't absorbed as much as they normally are and were often shuttled through my system.

The best price I found for this was $19.99 for 31 servings at A1 Supplements and Campus Protein. There are cheaper options available for similar products, but I find this to be a fair price overall for an effective Carnitine supplement from a reliable brand.

Side Effects

If more than 1 tbsp is taken in a single serving the shuttling of carbohydrates through the digestive tract can become "uncomfortable". You might end up spending a lot of time sitting down reading magazines, if you know what I mean...

Conclusion

If you're in the market for a non-stim fat burner for your stack, or carnitine specifically, this is a good option for you. It's probably not something I'd keep on hand regularly, but during cutting periods it's a good add-in that can work alongside pretty much anything without negative side effects. I find it is easier to dose carnitine in liquid form as opposed to pills, and it's always nice to limit the number of pills I have in any given stack. If deciding between competing products, consider the long list of products from VMI with high ratings from the TROOPs; a decision on this might need to come down to brand reputation, VMI scores very high in this regard. Thanks again to VMI for shipping this out!
        • Gummy bear: 6/10

May 6, 2018

Pros:
         Cons:
        • Cognitive Boost
        • Enhanced Focus
        • Increased Alertness
        • Missing Some Key Fat Burning Ingredients

VMI's L-Carnitine is a great tasting liquid Carnitine that delivers 3 different types of Carnitine to help you with your fat loss goals. It provides a solid boost in cognitive ability, as well as the effect of increasing your internal temperature to create a thermodynamic effect.

Huge thanks to VMI for sending me L-Carnitine 3000. Here lately I have thoroughly impressed with VMI's black series and figured I would give another product a shot with VMI's L-Carnitine 3000. I have only tried one other liquid Carnitine based product before, so I was excited to see how this would match up against that one with respect to fat burning and thermogenesis.

the ingredient profile is straightforward and to the point with 3g of Carnitine in the form of :
        L-Carnitine 1.5 g
        L-Carnitine L-Tartrate 750 mg
        Acetyl L-Carnitine 750 mg

*Acetyl L-Carnitine is a nice addition to this because it can reduce mental fatigue, boost cognitive function however the dose needs to be quite high to achieve these effects.

This is a potent dose of Carnitine for a product, however, I would have like to have seen some LeanGBB just to push it over the edge when it comes to burning fat.

The taste of this is fantastic. I received Patriot Pop and honestly found it to have a pear like taste to it, which I found very refreshing. The product does not have any artificial colors or dyes, and it is very easy to drink down, even though it is not a lot to take in.

Since this is already a liquid, you do not have to worry about mixing it with anything, however, VMI does say to shake the bottle before every use that way all of the ingredients are thoroughly mixed.

Dosing is 15ml per serving on an empty stomach. Just like the last liquid Carnitine that I tested, I find this to be quite difficult to measure out if you do not have a food scale. I wish that they would add a measuring cup to the product much like cough syrup does, so you can see how much is a serving. For me though, I just used my food scale so it was a non-factor.

As mentioned by Htevans, the fat burning of this was a little questionable, mainly due in part to the entire theory of carnitine to begin with. Carnitine is most effective for those who intake enough fat in their diet and during very intense exercise. This is not a product that you can just drink whenever and expect it to deliver great results. You need to put in the work with this, and it will compliment you back by helping fats be transported to a cellular level to increase fat burning. overall I noticed a reduction of subcutaneous fat on my stomach and my arms which in simple terms, I started to see abdominal definition, and my arms were becoming more vascular because the surface fat was being reduced. I also noticed an increase in sweat production especially on heavy compound lift days and cardio workouts. The cognitive response though was impressive. This product really woke me up when taking it and made me feel more alert and ready to go. I was not expecting this, but it was a nice surprise and it felt like it really enhanced the focus capabilities that were included in the Pre-Workout that I was using. This combined with the subtle fat burning effects that I was having about made this product a winner in my eyes.

So you can snag a bottle of this at A1 Supplements for $19.95 for 31 servings which comes to $.64 a serving. This priced pretty fair considering that you are getting 3 types of Carnitine, but could be seen as expensive due to it lacking in some of the fat burning ingredients such as Grains of Paradise and LeanGBB.

Side Effects

None to report

Conclusion

While this might not be the most solid fat burning Carnitine out there, the fact that it does deliver in some fat reduction and provides an extra boost with cognitive abilities still makes it a winner in my book. Not to mention the flavor is outstanding and goes down smooth. I would recommend folks give this a try especially if they are new into the liquid carnitine world. The flavor alone will help you ease into the product, and you can always move on from there on if you want a more aggressive form of the product.
        • Patriot Pop: 9/10

May 4, 2018

• Increased Alertness
        • Did Not Help With Fat-Burning

VMI's L-Carnitine 3000 is a surprisingly good nootropic. It is tasty, easy to use, and provides a moderate boost in cognitive function - namely alertness and focus. Although it might lack fat burning capabilities, it definitely deserves recognition and rotation into your nootropic stack.

I picked up VMI's L-Carnitine 3000 from TROOPS because while I have tried L-Carnitine supplements in the past, I never seriously tracked my progress enough to see if they helped in my fat loss journey. I don't have many pounds to shed at the moment, but I am trying to cut a stubborn 5 pounds for the summer and I wanted to see if this would help.

8.75/10
        L-Carnitine 3000 is about as straightforward and simple as a profile can get. There is 3000mg or 3 grams of L-Carnitine in 3 forms. 1.5 grams of L-Carnitine, 750mg of L-Carnitine L-Tartrate, and 750mg of Acetyl L-Carnitine. Now, L-Carnitine has long been promoted as a fat loss supplement and us biochem/science junkies (at least when it comes to supplements) have long pushed back that it only helps if you're deficient in L-Carnitine. That being said, you never really know until you try it - and track your results. Also, from what I could tell there were no dyes present, which isn't exactly common in this category of supplements but still it is worth noting.

L-Carnitine, in the general form, is typically used to aid fat-burning. The basic theory in a nutshell behind this is that L-Carnitine consumption promotes the use of fatty acids as energy sources by mitochondria. The idea is that by increasing the use of fatty acids as energy, and hence the "burning" of fatty acids, one can burn a little more fat than usual. 1.5 grams is a solid dose as common dosing schedules fall within the range of 500mg-2000mg.

L-Carnitine L-Tartrate is a form of L-Carnitine that is surprisingly good at increasing one's density of androgen receptors which helps amplify the effects of testosterone. Additionally, it has shown some promise in raising post-exercise GH levels. However, these results were typically experienced at a daily dose of 2 grams. Given that there is only 750mg in this supplement, I'm not sure how effective it would be in producing these kinds of results - which may be hard to discern aside from medical tests. I would have liked to see the general form of L-Carnitine dosed lower and this form dosed at at least 1 gram.

Acetyl L-Carnitine is a form of L-Carnitine that helps reduce mental fatigue, boost cognitive function, increase focus, and retard the effects of aging related neurocognitive diseases like Alzheimers. These results were most often experienced in the 1-2g dosing range so it is slightly underdosed in this supplement but not so much that you wouldn't notice a benefit. Like with L-Carnitine L-Tartrate, I would have liked to see the general form of L-Carnitine dosed lower and this form dosed at at least 1 gram.

I received the Patriot Pop flavor and it was delicious. should really add that flavor to their aminos because I could drink it all day. That being said, I did not. I dosed this at 15ml and usually took it first thing upon waking up in the morning on an empty stomach. If for whatever reason I forgot (overslept/in a rush) or woke up really late then I would take it on an empty stomach before hitting the gym. I will note that I measured this dose out the first few times and then eyeballed it in the cap afterwards. So, I may have had a little over 1 serving at times but not by much. Mixability was perfect. There was no grit or residue, not that any was expected. Importantly, though, there wasn't any odd mouthfeel which could indicate an odd mixability. All around high marks in these areas.

Seeing as I was trying to cut these stubborn last pounds around my lower abdomen, I was hoping to get some increased fat burning capacity from L-Carnitine supplementation. I'm currently running a really simple fat loss stack: EC with the A once or twice a week to help with blood pressure. I had been running this for about a month or so before supplementing with L-Carnitine 3000 so I knew what to expect. Moreover, I had for the most part dialed down my diet and gym routine to levels I am comfortable with for about 2-3 weeks before supplementing with L-Carnitine. Hence, I had a good baseline to notice progress in regards to fat-loss. Unfortunately, I can say that I didn't notice any extra "oomph." I didn't break through the annoying plateau I've hit and I didn't shed an extra pound. Of course, there could always be extraneous factors but I would have expected this addition (L-Carnitine supplementation) to have resulted in a least a little something extra considering everything else remained relatively constant.

So why is this an 8/10 if I didn't see any boost in fat loss? In two words: nootropic effects. More specifically, I noticed enhanced alertness and focus after taking my L-Carnitine dose, even if it was in the afternoon. It was surprisingly strong and added in a synergistic way to my regular EC doses. I felt more naturally alert. I liken it to "waking up" (once actually being awake) being condensed from an hour to 15 minutes. If it was an afternoon dose, then it was like that "afternoon slump" disappeared within 15 minutes. Additionally, I experienced enhanced focus for about an hour or two. I felt clear-headed and able to concentrate on just about anything, even if it was an early morning. This was a nice bonus if I hitting the gym soon because I was able to "get in the zone" easier and stay there for the entire workout. There's no doubt in my mind that that helped contribute to a week of PRs late last month. In short, I would have thought I had taken a nootropic. I attribute these effects largely to the Acetyl L-Carnitine given that it is reported to have these kinds of effects. While I certainly wasn't expecting these kind of results, and was actually hoping for more fat-burning effects, I was pleasantly surprised to the extent that I'll probably purchase this on my own in the future for the nootropic effects alone.

8.5/10
        I found this for $19.95 at A1 Supplements and $19.99 at Campus Protein. That's about $0.65 a serving. There are plenty of competitors with liquid L-Carnitines, I could not find any near this range that used a similar blend. In fact, the ones that I looked at just listed "L-Carnitine" as the sole or main ingredient. I'll take a popular competitor with a 3,000mg L-Carnitine serving (many competitors have 1,500mg servings so it isn't as direct of a comparison) to compare.

RCSS has L-Carnitine XS 3000 which has 31/32 servings of L-Carnitine (only the general form) and Pantothenic Acid dosed at 3,000mg and 10mg respectively. I found it at Muscle and Strength for $15.99 which factors out to $0.50 a serving. That's a little less than VMI's L-Carnitine 3,000 and some labels show an extra serving as well but note the lack of LCLT and ALCAR. Thus, I believe VMI's L-Carnitine 3000 is actually a pretty decent value when compared to competitors. I think the value could be even greater if the ratio of L-Carnitine forms was changed a slight bit but even now its good. Now, I'm sure L-Carnitine powder or capsules, in any form, will be cheaper than a suspended liquid form but that will hold true for every product in this category.

Side Effects

N/A
        I didn't experience any side effects while taking L-Carnitine 3000.

Conclusion

8.5/10
        In short, VMI's L-Carnitine 3000 is a tasty liquid L-Carnitine supplement that didn't live up to fat-burning claims but did produce nootropic effects. I get to an 8.5/10 by averaging the Ingredient Profile, Effectiveness, and Value sections which produces a 8.42 and then I rounded up to 8.5 to take into consideration the amazing flavor (seriously it was that good). I wouldn't recommend this for fat-burning but I strongly recommend you check this out if you're looking to start with a mild nootropic or add something to your existing nootropic stack.
        • Patriot Pop: 10/10