(Better than 41% in Energy Supplements > Drinks)

L-Carnitine 3000 is an Energy Drink manufactured by VMI Sports. It is a stimulant based drink designed to give you a boost of energy and increase mental focus.
FORUM TOPICS

Energy Supplements > Drinks

September 19, 2018

• 3 Carnitine Forms

Huge thanks to VMI Sports for hooking me up with another one of their products. They always have the best customer service and are great to work with. A little background about myself, I am a student-athlete currently in the fall season of training.

1.5g L-Carnitine 750mg Acetyl L-Carnitine 750mg L-Carnitine L-Tartrate

L-Carnitine is a natural amino acid produced in your body. It helps with energy levels and burning fat by transporting fatty acids to the mitochondria. It is also thought to help with cardiovascular health. A little fun fact I found while researching the ingredient is that it potentially can help with male infertility.

The recommended dosage is one tablespoon on an empty stomach or prior to exercise. There are several different ways you can take this as its a pretty concentrated. I tried diluting it with pre-workout and water and also taking it like a 5-hour energy shot. I had the patriots pop flavor. This isn't the best tasting supplement but with the small dosage, you aren't sipping on it like an awful tasting pre-workout.

I tried to take this on the mornings where I had to get going fast without breakfast. Without stimulants, you won't be getting a huge burst of energy but that doesn't mean you won't be feeling the effects. I'm a pretty sweaty person in general but this supp had me sweating minutes into my workouts. MarsheS brought up a really good point in his review about how to take this on an empty stomach for the best results. While I didn't always do this his theory makes sense and if I ever grab this again I will be solely taking without food and maybe even halfway through weight training as they suggested.
    I did drop weight while using this but as always there are a lot of factors that go into dropping weight, however, I'm sure this product did help.

This product is listed as $25 on the VMI Sports website. With 30 servings that's less than a dollar per drink. Can't get much better of a value than that in my opinion.

Side Effects

Conclusion

L-Carnitine was a new supplement for me. I enjoyed taking it and seeing some overall positive result over the course of taking this. If I pick this up again I would be interested in pairing this with some intermittent fasting with this in the morning before eating any meals for the day. Again thanks to VMI Sports and Supplement Reviews!
    • Patriot Pop: 5/10

Other Prices:
    VMI Sports   $24.99

Overall
    Overall
    9.3
      August 27, 2018

• Good Dose
    • 3 Carnitine Forms
    • Improved Athletic Performance
    • Thermogenesis
    • Abundant Sweat

INTRODUCTION

Thanks to VMI SPORTS once again for giving me the opportunity to try VMI L-Carnitine 3000 and to SupplementReviews for making this possible. I'm still trying to lose weight and fat a little bit more so I grabbed this product for it to help me with those goals. I believe every ingredient has a different pathway it takes once it's inside the body. For example, if you want energy, you can take stimulant ingredients (caffeine) but also non-stimulant ingredients (Vitamin B's, Citrulline, Creatine, Carnitine, etc). Each of those ingredients work differently, taking different pathways in the body and using different methods but with similar objectives.

Carnitine is one of those ingredients that you will see some people hate it because it doesn't work (according to them) and some people love it. After reading more about glycogen, fat loss, etc, I had an idea of how to use Carnitine. I describe that idea below.

INGREDIENT PROFILE

This product has 3 ingredients:
      L-Carnitine: 1,500mg
      Acetyl-L-Carnitine: 750mg
      L-Carnitine-L-Tartrate: 750mg

From VMI Sports' website: "Carnitine is a substance found in all cells of the body that facilitates the transportation of fatty acids into the mitochondria to be used for energy. In other words, carnitine turns your cells into pure fat-burning machines. L-Carnitine 3000 uses three highly bioavailable forms of L-Carnitine, to maximize effectiveness and skyrocket your metabolism."

These are 3 forms of Carnitine, from the most basic to the "most advanced" one. Carnitine has more benefits than just using fat as a source of energy, for example: Carnitine decreases Ammonia levels. How is that important? "Blood ammonia concentration increases during endurance exercise and has been proposed as a cause for both peripheral and central fatigue." An extract of the study said: "Blood ammonia level was determined before the run and every 30 min during the run. During the control trial, Ammonia increased progressively to approximately 70% above rest concentration." Source of what I quoted: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18059593

There are more benefits regarding Sperm Quality, Symptoms of Intermittent Claudication, Blood Glucose (important when trying to get rid of fat), Exercise-Induced oxidation (important studies here), Fatigue reduction, Lactate production (we must all hate Lactate), Muscle damage, etc. You can check the studies in the "Human Effect Matrix" of L-Carnitine at Examine: https://examine.com/supplements/l-carnitine/

Now that I deeply read about Carnitine, I see it has plenty of benefits, more than just being a non-stimulant fat burner, that's why it's important to read deeply instead of only reading the titles of articles. I'm going to judge it based on:
      1. The claims of the product
      2. The fat burning ability considering it's the most popular expectation.
      3. The energy given.

You can read more about the product here: https://www.vmisports.com/products/l-carnitine-3000

CLAIMS OF THE PRODUCT

*Increased Thermogenesis
      *Improved Athletic Performance
      *Enhanced Fat Loss
      *Continual Use (no need to cycle off)
      *Boost Metabolism
      *Best tasting flavors.

TASTE/MIXABILITY/DOSING

*TASTE: I received Gummy Bear. I thought it would be sweeter but I wasn't disappointed, the taste was pretty good, not so sweet but still good. Other flavors available are: Rainbow Candy, Juicy Stripes, Peach Mango, Cherry Lime, Patriot Pop and Orange Pineapple. The claim of "best tasting flavor" was met here, don't know if they are the best of their category but Gummy Bear is delicious and meets the claim.

*SERVINGS: 31

*MIXABILITY: Liquid form.

*DOSING: Here's the key part of this review. The product says to "Take one serving (1tbsp) preferable on an empty stomach, prior to a meal or prior to exercise." I did an experiment and used it when my weight lifting workout was 75% done. The plan was to make my body use all the glycogen for the weightlifting and the Carnitine to start working once my Glycogen was all/mostly used.

*Why I did it this way? "Glycogen is your body's preferred energy source for exercise, as it's more readily available." So our bodies use glycogen as their main source of energy as it's the most efficient. Of course, it also uses the other methods to get energy but Glycogen is the main preferred source. That being said, I assume that once someone takes any Carnitine supplement, the body won't "suddenly" change the energy source to fat stores and burn them for fuel. I don't think the body works like that, that's why IMO, some people don't get to see any positive results with Carnitine.

Another reason is that some people also take it before meals (like the instruction suggested) but I think that's wrong too or let's just say it's not the best way to take it because your meal will give you Glycogen. So IMO, the best way to take Carnitine and the one that has worked the best for me is to take it once I'm done with 75% of my weightlifting workout and then to start the Cardio. That way, my body will be able to use Carnitine more effectively as the Glycogen is already gone so the body will switch to other energy sources.

EFFECTIVENESS

Considering that I was already out of Glycogen or I've used a lot of it, it was going to be easier to see the energy effects of Carnitine. So did it work? IMO, yes it did. Thermogenesis is an organism's capacity of generating heat due to metabolic reactions. The thermogenesis was clearly felt because of all the abundant sweating but it's not like the stimulant thermogenesis produced by stimulant ingredients. With non-stimulant ingredients like Carnitine, you have to start working out first so you can then feel the effects so you have to give it a bit of time after you already start. Sweat is a signal of thermogenesis as your body is excreting the sweat because your internal body temperature is higher. The difference between taking it and not taking it was very significant. I didn't take this Carnitine everyday which was one of the reasons I took longer to finish this product.

Another aspect I felt a lot was energy. I could run for more minutes than I'm used to and still have lot of energy. I beat my friend in a 2km race (I usually always lose vs him) and of course I didn't give him a second race hahaha! Every time I took this, I was able to workout for a longer time and have clean energy available. Like I said above, the non-stimulant effect requires you to start doing the activity in order to feel the difference. If you just consume it and continue with your normal life, you probably won't feel it, which is why IMO some people say Carnitine doesn't work.

Those both effects allowed the third effect to happen, the "improved athletic performance". It helped with fat? Yes it did, I could notice it because of my pants but the results are going to depend more on your diet and training and not a supplement. Supplements are just a small percentage of the equation and the Carnitine helped in that small percent. It's funny how people want supplements to do 80% of the job when supplements just represent 10% (maybe a bit more if you take more) of the equation. So overall all the claims were met. If I would have taken this everyday, results could have been slightly better IMO but I'm satisfied.

VALUE

I was able to find this product for $19.99 on Amazon, CampusProtein, Coalition Nutrition, Evas Supplements. You can find other Liquid Carnitines with 3g dose a bit cheaper but it's because they only use the basic L-Carnitine. Remember VMI Sports is using 3 forms of L-Carnitine, which is better and obviously more expensive. Each form is also correctly dosed, not the best dose but it's a good dose, it's far from being underdosed so I think it's a good price.

SIDE EFFECTS

None but I would advise not mixing Carnitine with BCAA/Aminos as it can sometimes cause upset stomach, it's better to take it on empty stomach.

CONCLUSION

VMI L-Carnitine 3000 is a very interesting product as it has 3 forms of L-Carnitine. This is something new in the industry as most products if not all, have only the basic L-Carnitine form so good job for VMI. Effectiveness was high, I could notice the effects of Carnitine every time I took it. Taking this supplement along with a stimulant fat burner and having your diet (atleast with moderate calories) and training in check, you're definitely going to reduce weight and fat. You're going to sweat more, have more energy, you will be able to train better and for a longer time. Losing weight and fat is a middle to long term process, not a 30 day process. If it was a 30 day process, we would all be with low fat and great weight. Just remember the elements of the equation I put above and you will get results.
      • Gummy bear: 10/10

Other Prices:
      VMI Sports   $24.99

August 15, 2018

• Priced Slightly High

Nothing flashy, just L-Carnitine.

First and foremost I would like to thank VMI Sports for sending me out their product so I could try it and review it for you guys. I would also like to thank SR for providing me the opportunity and the tools so that I can share with you guys my experience.

I love to try products that can help me burn that unwanted fat. Carnitine has been in the market for a while now and has a lot of studies done already. I thought why not add Carnitine to my arsenal of fat fighting supplements and see where it takes me.

Very simple profile of three different type of Carnitine ... Carnitine simply put helps the body produce energy. It plays a crucial role in the production of energy by transporting fatty acids into your cells' mitochondria. The mitochondria act as engines within your cells, burning these fats to create usable energy.

L-Carnitine 1.5 g - This is the standard form that is not bound with any other molecules. This supposedly is what you would want if you wanted help with energy increase.

L-Carnitine L-Tartrate 750 mg - This is another form of Carnitine that turns into Carnitine Tartrate within the body. I'm not sure what mix the two into this forumal. Carnitine and Carnitine Tartrate could be considered the same.

Acetyl L-Carnitine 750 mg - Now this guys is a little different from the other two since it's actually found mostly in the brain. Carntine Tartrate is found mostly in the muscles ... This form of Carntine should actually help you with cognitive functions. It has the ability to penetrate blood brain barrier which allows it to stay in the central nervous system, where its main effects actually take place. While in the nervous system the main attributes in contributes is
      provide energy for brain cells thru its fat transport mechanism, also it becomes a substrate for production of acetylcholine, one of the main neurotransmitters of the human body.

Good stuff overall.

Pretty good tasting tablespoon of liquid. I didn't mind the taste at all. It does have a little of the chemical taste but nothing that would make me shiver.

I'm a big believer in Carnitine but the effects are very subtle. I didn't notice any cognitive advantage while using this product like described by others. I think I could say that I had a better well being but that could just be me in my head. As for as the fat burning capabilities that I would say was noticeable. I did not loose that much weight but my waist line has slimmed tremendously ... A lot of it I contribute to my good diet and the cardio I've been subjugating myself to. I do feel like when doing cardio on Carnitine my body fat has been attacked more efficiently than with out it. I don't think I have ever gotten so skinny in my waist line that I'm actually going to buy another belt. I realize that the diet has the real affect on this outcome but again I think that the outcome is so much more effective because of this product. No, let me rephrase ... I don't think my outcome would be that effective without the main ingredient called L-Carnitine ... I did not feel any thermogenics (increased heat) while on this product but it did initiate more sweating while doing cardio.

This is not going to be easy because there are similar product out there. If you want to get Carnitine by itself in a powder form that would be the cheapest ... It would cost your for 3g about .30 cents per serving. If you purchased this product it would cost you .64 cents per serving. That is pretty much doubled. Now you have to consider that you are paying for the ease of access to consume the product. You paying for the bottle, the liquid and the flavor pretty much. Personally that's pretty expensive to ask for that much just because you added Acetyl L-Carnitine ... that actually costs the same amount in the powder form.

Side Effects

None that I have experienced.

Conclusion

Would I personally buy this product ... Only if it was buy one get one free. I'm sorry but personally I'm just too frugal to go ahead and double up the price when I know there is a powder form that is half cheaper. But, that's just me. If you don't want to bother with powder by looking for things to mix it with ... than this product is actually for you. Very easy to consume and very enjoyable. I'm a big fan of Carnitine so I would recommend this product to the rich and lazy ;). I thank you for reading this review and wish you a wonderful day.
      • Patriot Pop: 8/10

Overall
      Overall
      6.9
      6.7
        July 25, 2018

• Slight Burning When Drinking

First and foremost, big thanks to VMI Sports for their continued participation in the SR Troops program, and thank you to SR for the opportunity!

Everyone is searching for that miracle supplement that will shed bodyfat while we sit on the couch and stuff Cheetos in our faces. Now we all know this doesn't exist, except in secret, underground, Russian super soldier test facilities. What does exist however, is supplements capable of boosting fat and calorie burning when combined with a healthy diet and workout plan. VMI Sports has made their attempt at this formula with L-Carnitine 3000.

I chose to review this supplement because of the overwhelmingly positive experience I have had with VMI products in the past. I am also on a ketogenic diet, and VMI claims that L-Carnitine 3000 improves your ability to burn fat for fuel, which is the basis of ketogenesis.

Three simple and straightforward active ingredients:

L-Carnitine - 1500mg
      An amino acid which has been shown to increase the body's ability to increase thermogenesis and burn fat for energy

Acetyl-L-Carnitine - 750mg
      A form of L-Carnitine which is capable of crossing the blood-brain barrier, allowing it to enhance cognitive function, focus, and increase energy

L-Carnitine L-Tartrate - 750mg
      A form of L-Carnitine which provides the same benefits, albeit with a better absorption due to the added L-Tartrate

Taste - 9/10:
      I requested and received the Patriot Pop flavor, which tasted incredible. The flavor was strong, with a nice balance of sweetness with a slightly tangy finish. I would honestly take this product just for the flavor itself and it was hard not to just chug it when dosing.

Mixability:
      This supplement is in a liquid, ready to drink form.

Dosing:
      1Tbsp once daily. I usually took this product in the morning before departing for work or the gym.

A rare miss for VMI Sports. Throughout my run of this product, I noticed a slight increase in sweat production, although without that increased body temperature I typically feel from thermogenic supplements. This was a welcomed effect, and along with the two pounds a week I was dropping, I initially believed I had found that miracle supplement we are all searching for. However, after finishing my run of the product, I continued to see similar weight loss results. My weight loss did decrease slightly, a matter of a couple ounces a week, and I noticed the weight seemed to take slightly longer to come off. After a couple of weeks off of this product, I still had not seen a significant change in effect. While this product did seem to be somewhat effective, it was not enough for me to justify adding it to my daily stack. For me, this is more of a luxury supplement, one that I may pick up and use when I find my weight loss is beginning to plateau rather than using on a consistent basis.

As for the energy and cognitive effects of this product, I ultimately saw no change. I believe this is due to the somewhat low dosage of Acetyl-L-Carnitine. While scientific studies have shown this ingredient to be effective, typically the effects are seen at much higher dosages. I would like to see VMI increase this dosage or add another nootropic type ingredient to this product. I was really looking forward to getting a mental boost from this product, and was disappointed when I did not.

$20 for 31 servings. Price wise, this is a pretty fair value, however considering it was not as effective as I would have hoped, it loses a bit of value to me.

Side Effects

Slight burning in the throat while taking. Nothing painful or unbearable. Just unexpected.

Conclusion

Overall, while this product had some effect, it was not as effective as I had hoped it would be for me. Generally I have had very positive experiences with VMI products, and this is a rare miss. After reading other reviews on this product, it may be possible that my body just did not react to the L-Carnitine as well as some others. Hopefully others have a better experience with this product than I did.
      • Patriot Pop: 9/10

July 23, 2018

• Slight Increase In Focus
      • Odd Odor
      • Fishy Body Odor

L-Carnitine 3000 really gave me that internal jumpstart, although I didn't feel warmer than normal. I noticed I was sweating more than normal, being from SoCal I am quite alright with some perspiration as it is almost always sunny and warm.

I was using L-Carnitine 3000 as a supplement as I am always trying to find anything to give me a slight edge in the gym to shave off a few lbs. or give me a boost of any kind. This was perfect as I have been trying to stay away from a stimulants, beside the morning coffee on occasion. This was nice because it would complement my work out without having to introduce a stimulant.

L-Carnitine 3000 is made up of 3 different type of Carnitine.

First off you have L-Carnitine at a dose of 1.5g, next you have Acetyl L-Carnitine at 750mg then lastly you have L-Carnitine L-Tartrate also at 750mg.

What are these Carnitine supposed to do?

Well you have the benefit of increased thermogenesis, increased cognitive function, increased muscle endurance and helps prevent lactic acid build up.

I received the Gummy Bear flavor and it was pretty darn delicious. The liquid itself smells somewhat sour. Mixability was not an issue as this comes in liquid form. You can add it to a water bottle or drink the serving as is. I would take one serving per day, on workout days anywhere between 30 minutes - 1hour. I don't really feel the time I took it made a difference.

Effectiveness/Side effects

I can for sure say That VMI has another great product. L-Carnitine 3000 helped me keep the unwanted pounds off from not eating consistently clean, but also aid in some weight loss. I never felt warmer, but it was so much easier to break a sweat. I work out at a commercial gym in SoCal and the have these huge fans that blow cold air and it makes it near impossible to break a sweat. This of course didn't stop me while taking L-Carnitine 3K. I can also not the somewhat nice focus factor, it is not a laser type focus that you would get from some nootropic or preworkout. I felt it was more of a clear mind/ignore everything around me because this set is mine at this moment type feeling. I don't know if that even make sense. I have tried various nootropics and some make your focus so strong you don't even see anything around you at all.

I do have one gripe about L-Carnitine 3k. As other reviewers have mentioned it does make you give off some sort of fishy smell. I noticed it more in my urine itself than my sweat. I noticed that using some of wipe it controlled the smell.

Value/Conclusion

One bottle of L-Carnitine has 31 servings and will cost you about $20 give or take. I consider this a good support supplement for anyone trying to lose those unwanted extra pounds and want a slight edge. I will be including this into my cut starting next month, I will share my progress in my current log.
      • Gummy bear: 9/10

June 4, 2018

• Slight Leaning Effect

Provides nice energy and focus, helps effectiveness of other products.

Hey SR, here today to review Carnitine 3000 by VMI Sports. Carnitine is an amino acid that helps in energy production, metabolism, focus, and overall athletic performance. Personally, I love running carnitine asI definitely feel a difference in my workouts and progress towards my goals. You won't feel the effects of this like when you take a preworkout, but if you're in tune with your body, workouts, and goals I have found i can feel a difference. Let's see how VMI did with their product.

The profile for this product is a little unique, at it delivers a big dose of carnitine at 3 g, but in 3 different forms. We have 1.5 g of L-carnitine, then 750 mg each of acetyl and tartate. I really like this profile as each form of carnitine touts a little different benefits. Combining these different types of carnitine at good doses makes this a very solid profile for a pure carnitine supplement.

This is a liquid carnitine supplement, so no real mixability here. Dosing is 1 tbsp a day. I took this a couple times straight, but mosty I added this to either my preworkout or intra amino drink. I had the orange pineapple flavor, and to be honest it wasn't great when taken straight. Nothing horrible and it's only a tbsp, but still wasn't very good. When added to my preworkout or intra it didn't change the flavor of either of those in any big way.

Overall, I thought this was a very effective carnitine supplement, especially when added to my preworkout. This provided with me extra endurance where I felt more energized in the gym and moved through my sets faster and felt better. Another huge benefit of this supplement was the added focus. When combined with my preworkout it really zoned me in at the gym. When taken alone throughout the day, I had some of these benefits but not nearly as noticeable as when taken before my workout. Did it make me lose weight all by itself? That's a strong statement I can't really agree with, but I did progress toward my goals. Why? The better workouts, energy, etc. It helped my workouts, so it helped me towards my goals. I think this is a great product.

You can find this for $20 for 31 servings. I feel this is a great value for how effective it was for me and would buy again, especially since you're getting the big 3 g dose.

Side Effects

Conclusion

This is a great carnitine product that enhances your workouts with energy and focus.

Overall
        Overall
        5.4
        5.8
          May 27, 2018

Pros:
         Cons:
        • Slight Increase In Energy
        • Slight Increase In Focus
        • Slight Leaning Effect
        • Missing Some Key Fat Burning Ingredients
        • Odd Odor
        • Priced Slightly High
        • Slight Burning When Drinking

I have been a fan of VMI Sports for quite sometime after reviewing several of their products. However, I have not really purchased any of their products because they are not widely available (at least in the places that I shop). So, I am fortunate that they put their products on here. As Summer is starting soon I wanted to try some weight loss supplements that were stim free. So, when I saw L-Carnitine 3000 I claimed it and here is the review.

L-Carnitine 3000 comes in 16 ounce container and is a completely liquid product. Each serving is 1 tbsp (15 ml) and a bottle contains 31 servings. The first ingredient is l-carnitine in a 1.5g dosage. This is the standard form of l-carnitine, which can aid in burning fat as fuel. The next ingredient is acetyl l-carnitine (ALCAR) at 750 mg dosage, this form can cross the blood-blood brain barrier. Then you have l-carnitine l-tartrate (LCLT) at a 750 mg dosage, and this form is supposed to have improved absorption due to the l-tartrate. I personally would have prefered less l-carnitine and increase the ALCAR and LCLT especially the ALCAR. I will note that this is sweetened with sucralose.

One thing that I wished for in this product is that it had an ingredient I can feel. The ALCAR I kind of could with slight increased focus. However, that was hit or miss. I would have liked a Lean-GBB or grains of paradise. Fornutally, VMI came out with a product that included those and combined aspects of this product called L-Carnitine 1500 Heat.

L-Carnitine 3000 comes in three flavors and they are gummy bear, patriot pop, and orange pineapple. I received the gummy bear flavor. As mentioned before this is a liquid supplement and I stored it in a kitchen cabinet throughout the duration of the review. When you first open the bottle you are hit with an odd sweet smell. It was like those ice pop desserts that are the juice in the plastic tubes that you freeze, fun pops? When you first drink it you are hit with very sweet tart taste and it continues being tart as you drink it. I will note that the tartness would give that weird jaw feeling you get with tart foods/supplements. As it went down my throat there was a very slight burning type feel similar to like NyQuil. Mixability does not really apply to this product but I will note that it is on the thicker side similar to NyQuil.

As far as dosing goes, I did 1 tbsp at one time or I split the dosage taking a tbsp two times per day. I did have some dosing issues as this is a liquid product I made the mistake of thinking the lid had a measurement tool, it doesn't. Further, a few times attempting to dose I lost some liquid as it spilled out of the bottle or the measurement tool. The biggest thing is to be careful when measuring out the dosage as you can lose some servings if you are not careful.

I felt like it was kind of hard to rate the effectiveness of this product. I did not really loose much fat while taking this product. I did feel leaner over the course of the month that I took this but my pant size remained the same and maybe slightly looser. However, that could have been due to my diet, water balance etc. About the only thing I really felt was a slight increase in focus with the ALCAR and a very slight increase in energy. However, it was rather hit or miss and I could not rely on that. Maybe, you need to take this product over a longer period of time. L-carnitine was never a supplement that I take solo as it is in many different types of products. Unfortunately, this was not very effective for me other than a slight increase in focus and maybe some leaning.

L-Carnitine 3000 retails for $24.99 making it $0.83 per serving. The cheapest I found this was $19.95 making it about $0.66 per serving. Comparing this to other similar products L-Carnitine 3000 by Pro Supps is $0.61 per serving. iSatori Liquid L-Carnitine LS3 is going for $0.47 per serving. RSP Nutrition Liquid L-Carnitine is $0.58 per serving. I will note that all of these have slightly different formulas. Some only have L-Carnitine and others have different dosages of the L-Carnitine forms in the VMI Sports product. To be honest based on the results I got I probably would not actually purchase this and it is on the more expensive side. I could see getting this for the flavor as the other products listed had rather boring flavors (except for Pro Supps but their product was only L-Carnitine).

Side Effects

Prior in the review, I mentioned there was a slight burning, kind of like taking NyQuil. About halfway through this bottle run my allergies flared up and I had a sore throat. Dosing this was painful as it would irritate my throat. Another issue that I had with this product is when I would go to the bathroom there would be this odd smell. It was hard to describe but took place over the time I took this product and ended when I finished with it. After finishing this I started using their other product the L-Carnitine 1500 Heat and I did not have the issue. The only thing that I can think of is the dosing of the l-carnitine was too high for me.

Conclusion

L-Carnitine 3000 gave a slight increase to leaning, focus, and energy that could be worth a try. Overall, this product could be worth a try if you frequently use liquid based L-Carnitine supplements. I personally won't use this product again but instead would probably use their L-Carnitine 1500 Heat product instead (review will be up in several weeks).

-Xcmiler

Just a note: I am unsure what is going on with the run duration counter but there was at most a 1 day overlap with L-Carnitine 1500 HEAT (started on May 16). It appears that counter is counting the time between completion and review posting.
        • Gummy bear: 7/10

May 21, 2018

Pros:
         Cons:
        • Fat Reduction
        • Fishy Body Odor

Why I Chose This Supplement

In all my years of supplementing diet and exercise I have never really given L-Carnitine a shot as a standalone product. I have taken many products that combine L-Carnitine with other compounds but never a standalone. I was interested to see if A.) there would be a quantifiable difference by adding it to my regiment by itself and B.) if the claims that it aides a ketogenic diet as nicely as some claim.

L-Carnitine is a compound that is not technically an amino acid but does have like qualities to both amino acids and vitamins. It is a naturally occurring compound produced in both the livers and kidneys and stored in muscle tissue. It is a pretty well studied compound and some of the functions important to people who would supplement L-Carnitine include but are not limited to things like transport of fatty acids, resistance to fatigue and a host of other benefits. Lots of great articles are out there that go into more detail if one were so inclined to read up further on the subject.

I want to extend thanks to VMI Sports for their generous participation in the Troop Program and their incredibly expedient response time. L-Carnitine 3000 is a flavored liquid L-Carnitine supplement that contains three forms of L-Carnitine. It is available in three flavors which include gummy bear, patriot pop, and orange pineapple. I was sent the patriot pop flavor for my run.

So not much to cover on the ingredient profile. Just three forms of L-Carnitine totaling 3000mg of total L-Carnitine divided as follows.

1.5g L-Carnitine
        750mg Acetyl-L-Carnitine (ALCAR)
        750mg L-Carnitine-L-Tartrate

There are supposed benefits to each form which I won't really go into detail about. Notably though ALCAR is said to be able to more readily cross the blood brain barrier and thus having more impact on cognitive function than other forms of L-Carnitine. All in all if the science backs the claims then the ratio and idea of using three different forms is fairly well thought out.

I was worried about how it would fare in the taste department but I gotta say that the patriot pop was quite enjoyable. Maybe not the best tasting supplement I've ever had but they hit the nail on the head with the flavor as it literally tasted like drinking a melted bomb pop.

Dosing was simple as my protocol included taking one dose in the morning prior to fasted cardio/yoga.

I honestly didn't think that I would have much in the way of quantifiable effects from a standalone L-Carnitine supplement but I did feel a little more energized during my morning routines. Even in the absence of stimulants there was a noticeable difference in how I felt throughout the workout. It was a pleasant surprise. In terms of fat loss I really didn't get to run it long enough to quantify the efficacy as a fat loss aide. But more on that later.

Most people are going to use this in a one serving per day model so a single bottle will provide 31 servings or days worth of L-Carnitine. You can find this for about $20 per bottle shipped so roughly $.65 per day to add this to your arsenal. In terms of value compared to other L-Carnitine supplements this is actually pretty strong even when compared with capsules and bulk powder. And the convenience of liquid form that actually tastes good is just added value over the bulk powders and pills.

Side Effects

So it seems like I really liked the product so why not give it a yes on recommended right? Well because I can't seem to take this supplement due to the side effects. Mind you that I did not notice this side effect but rather my wife noticed. Apparently a potential but less common side is that it can give you a fishy body odor. Or as my wife so eloquently put it "You smell like a dirty vagina when you sweat". So not necessarily a physically damaging side effect but certainly not something conducive to a happy home and work life. I don't know if the dose is too high or if this pertains directly to my genetics but apparently I stink from taking this supplement. I obviously had to cut this short and just review based off of what I have run thus far.

This was very disappointing to me as I was enjoying taking this product. I am not discouraging anyone from trying this product because you may not have this particular issue but I also feel obligated to share this experience. This is not a negative mark on VMI Sports by any means either. By all accounts it is a competitively priced product that may be great for some.

Conclusion

Don't let my review scare you away from this or other L-Carnitine products. As I said the cases of this seem to be pretty rare and the effects went away almost immediately after I quit taking L-Carnitine. Maybe in the future I will try a lower dosed product and see if the outcome is different for me.
        • Patriot Pop: 8/10

May 9, 2018

• Fat Reduction

VMI's L-Carnitine 3000 is a great addition to any summer cutting stack while giving the user a nice sweet treat to help boost fat loss.

Whats up SR, time to drop my review of VMI Sports L-Carnitine 3000. I chose to review this product as obviously with summer fast approaching its time to try and shed as many of those unwanted pounds as possible. With this warming of the weather comes an increase in my cardio sessions as well as some volume increases with my lifting. Shoutout to VMI and the Trooper program for always hooking it up.

Alright so this is a pretty simple product, its a liquid form L-Carnitine Supplement:

Serving size: 15ml (1 tbsp)

L-Carnitine - 1.5g
          Acetyl L-Carnitine - 750mg
          L-Carnitine L-Tartrate - 750mg

As we can clearly see this is giving us a total of 3g of Carnitine from 3 different sources (hence the name). Now a quick run down of the differences between these types: L-Carnitine essentially allows the body to use stored body fat as energy. Acetyl L-Canitine crosses the blood brain barrier to allow for an effect on brain function. L-Carnitine L-Tartrate has shown some positive effects on testosterone but is essentially the same as standard L-Carnitine.

I received the Patriot Pop flavor of this product and found it to be a fantastic sweet treat, it is the VMi version of "Rocket Pop" the classic red, white and blue popsicle. I was a little worried with how this would taste as this was my first experience with a liquid form Carnitine, but it was really nice. Dosing for me was a tablespoon, I really didn't want to take the time to really measure out the serving, it would have been nice if they had made it so you could use the cap of the bottle as the serving size, but oh well.

This product did work for me, plain and simple. In addition to a well put together diet (ketoish) and increases in my cardio I was able to drop a few pounds, most noticeably from my mid section. And I do feel leaner overall, it is tough to attribute all of the success to this product but I can tell this did definitely have an effect on me, a nice extra little kick in my fat loss progress. In total I dropped 4 pounds while taking this product over a month period, this may not seem like a lot but I really was not focused on a set scale number for this summer prep, more of a feeling and a look then an actual number. I feel as though this would be a nice addition to any cutting stack. I did not notice any of the cognitive effects noted by other reviewers personally, but I wish I had.

As with the majority of VMI products this rings in at a reasonable price point of 19.95 from A1Supplements.com for the 31 serving bottle, giving this a value of 0.64 cents per serving. Considering this is more of an "add on" supplement that is a great price point in my eyes.

Side Effects

Conclusion

In conclusion VMI's L-Carnitine 3000 is a fantastic addition to anyones fat loss stack who is looking for a reasonably priced way to help get any little edge in the shredding game. Factor in the great taste and avoidance of swallowing 10+ pills to get the doses the same and you have yourself one very solid weight loss product. Well done VMI.
          • Patriot Pop: 9/10

May 8, 2018

• Fat Reduction

L-Carnitine is a heavily studied compound with a long panel of benefits. Science tells us it's only effective in carnitine-deficient individuals but I've always found it to work reliably well. VMI has now developed this super-dosed liquid version and joins a small section of the industry working to improve how this useful supplement is ingested, effectively making it more appealing than ever before.

I'd like to begin with a thank you to VMI for their continued support of SR and for adding another product to the long list of TROOPer recommended supplements after being tested through this site. This was my second run with a liquid carnitine dosed at 3g/serving, the first being the Ronnie Coleman version. Both products fared well and similarly, and most likely your decision will come down to brand and taste preference when trying to decide between these and other available options from upper echelon brands.

L-Carnitine 3000 delivers a panel of 3 types of carnitine.

First is L-Carnitine, dosed at 1.5g. Next is Acetyl L-Carnitine and L-Carnitine L-Tartrate, both at 750mg.

Some of the other reviewers noted an increase in energy during their run with the product. This is most likely attributed to Acetyl L-Carnitine, as it is processed in a way that allows it to pass the blood-brain barrier and provide energy.

L-Carnitine L-Tartrate shares the characteristics of normal L-Carnitine. Essentially you're taking in 2,250mg of Carnitine that will be stored in your muscles and used to convert fatty acids to ATP at the cellular level, and 750mg of Carnitine that will store within the brain and create energy by optimizing the processing of fatty acids for energy.

Taste: I received the gummy bear flavor and wasn't a huge fan, but I really don't know that they could've made it any better. The flavor is very concentrated and the liquid is very viscous. It wasn't bad taking a tbsp at a time, but it was basically like tolerable medicine.

Mixability: N/A- besides shaking before each serving, this required no mixing.

Dosing: 1 tbsp/serving. This was a little tricky. Acetyl L-Carnitine should be taken on an empty stomach. L-Carnitine and L-Carnitine Tartrate should be taken with meals. I varied my dosing to just before eating, and about 30 minutes after eating. I ultimately found that I preferred taking it on an empty stomach before eating the best because it served as a nutrient repartitioner more effectively that way. The boost I got from the Acetyl L Carnitine was minimal and so I didn't mind missing out on it by following my dose up with food.

This product worked exactly as it should. It allowed me to be a little more flexible in my diet and helped me avoid any discomfort if I ate fatty foods. I noticed slight weight loss around my mid-section while taking it, but nothing astonishing. Your body normally has Carnitine reserves stored, and so this is a product I consider to be more of an insurance policy than a game changer. Energy levels never spiked after taking it, but over the course of my run I noticed my fatigue onset in the afternoon to be diminished if I'd taken the Carnitine just before lunch. If I ate a lot of carbs I'd notice they weren't absorbed as much as they normally are and were often shuttled through my system.

The best price I found for this was $19.99 for 31 servings at A1 Supplements and Campus Protein. There are cheaper options available for similar products, but I find this to be a fair price overall for an effective Carnitine supplement from a reliable brand.

Side Effects

If more than 1 tbsp is taken in a single serving the shuttling of carbohydrates through the digestive tract can become "uncomfortable". You might end up spending a lot of time sitting down reading magazines, if you know what I mean...

Conclusion

If you're in the market for a non-stim fat burner for your stack, or carnitine specifically, this is a good option for you. It's probably not something I'd keep on hand regularly, but during cutting periods it's a good add-in that can work alongside pretty much anything without negative side effects. I find it is easier to dose carnitine in liquid form as opposed to pills, and it's always nice to limit the number of pills I have in any given stack. If deciding between competing products, consider the long list of products from VMI with high ratings from the TROOPs; a decision on this might need to come down to brand reputation, VMI scores very high in this regard. Thanks again to VMI for shipping this out!
            • Gummy bear: 6/10