(Better than 28% in Energy Supplements > Drinks)

L-Carnitine 3000 is an Energy Drink manufactured by VMI Sports. It is a stimulant based drink designed to give you a boost of energy and increase mental focus.
FORUM TOPICS

Energy Supplements > Drinks

October 26, 2018

• Missing Some Key Fat Burning Ingredients
  • Did Not Help With Fat-Burning
  • Stomach Discomfort
  • Could Be Dosed Higher

A Non-stimulant, L-Carnitine-based product intended to burn fat.

First of all, I would like to thank VMI Sports for allowing me to review this product. I have taken quite a few of their supplements, and have been pretty impressed so far. They have also left a positive impression on some of my fellow TROOP members.

I have been on a fat fighting mission ever since my back surgery earlier on this year. Prior to that, I was on a never-ending recomp mission, because I feel that at between 225-230 pounds, I really don't want any more bulk. Hell, I'm a 40 something, and I'm not competing. Carnitine has been around for quite some time, and I figured that it couldn't hurt to give it a shot.

Pretty simple: 3 different types of carnitine

L-Carnitine 1.5 g -This is the standard form of L-Carnitine. It reportedly helps to increase energy.

L-Carnitine L-Tartrate 750 mg - This is one of the most common forms of carnitine found in sports supplements, due to its rapid absorption rate. It may help with exercise-related factors such as muscle soreness and recovery.

Acetyl L-Carnitine 750 mg -Often called ALCAR, this is possibly the most effective form for the brain. It may also be used to treat neurological conditions such as Alzheimer's disease. This form of Carntine can actually help with cognitive functions. ALCAR has the ability to penetrate the blood brain barrier, allowing it to stay in the central nervous system. Acetyl L-Carnitine latches onto fatty acids and carries them into your mitochondria. It gives your mitochondria the raw materials to produce lots of energy and function at their best. In other words, you need ALCAR to metabolize fat. If you're low on carnitine, fat can't get into your mitochondria, and you struggle to use it for fuel.

I had the cherry lime flavor, and I have to say, the flavor was surprisingly good. It was the proper balance of sweetness and tartness. The label suggests a serving (one tablespoon) on an empty stomach. This would make a great energy shot, but I had to dilute it in about 6 ounces of water (see below).

So, here's where I was scratching my head. I had previously used L-Carnitine 3000's fraternal twin, L-Carnitine Heat, which contains the same carnitine blend, plus added fat burning and appetite suppressing ingredients. That worked great for me; L-Carnitine 3000? Not so much. First of all, taking it per label recommendation gave me extreme diarrhea to the point where I had to dilute the product in water. I'm not sure why I reacted that way to this product and not VMI's similar product, but it was not a pleasant experience. Even diluted in water, I still experienced gas and discomfort.

I took this about 2 weeks after I stopped using L-Carnitine Heat, and although I noticed that I sweated slightly more, I really didn't notice any major changes. I dropped maybe a pound an a half with no other noticeable changes to my body composition. With VMI's other product, there was a definite leaning effect. However, with L-Carnitine 3000, I saw no increase in energy and no enhanced cognitive effects. This could be because studies have shown L-Carnitine's effectiveness at higher doses.

So, you get 31 servings for less than $20. Had this worked for me, then I'd say that it was a great value. However, because of my experience, it was just OK value-wise.

Side Effects

Diarrhea, gas, upset stomach

Conclusion

As much as I like VMI's products, it pains me to give this one such a low score, especially when so many other users have had good experiences with it. In all honesty, I recommend using L-Carnitine Heat. I got much better results with no stomach discomfort whatsoever.
  • Cherry Lime: 8/10

Other Prices:
VMI Sports   $24.99

October 22, 2018

• 3 Carnitine Forms

I did not lose any weight but this made me look leaner and feel more focused.

I would like to thank vmi for letting me be able to try this product. I lift 5 days a week and do cardio at least 4 times a week. I was not in a caloric deficit while on this and was eating my usual daily calories which is 2500.

L-Carnitine 1.5 g
    L-Carnitine L-Tartrate 750 mg
    Acetyl L-Carnitine 750 mg

l-Carnitine - 1.5g: studies have shown it is effective between 500mg's and 2000mg's. This can be linked to fat loss in some people.

Acetyl L-Carnitine - 750mg: studies show this is effective between 630mg's and 2500mg's. This form is generally used for cognitive enhancement.

L-Carnitine L-Tartrate - 750mg: studies show this is effective between 1g and 4g's. So they need 250mg more. This version is used more for sports performance, so I would like to see it bumped up to at least the 1g mark.
    These ingredients seem to be good based off my research. The only thing I would change in the formula would be to add more l-Carnitine l-tartrate.

I received the rainbow candy flavor which is supposed to be skittles. It tasted like chemical skittles. I thought it was good but they could've done a better job on the taste.

This is already a liquid so no mixability

I would take a tablespoon in the morning after waking up.

When I took this I almost immediately felt more focused. It would last the whole day but it wasnt a stimulant type of focus. It was more on the lighter side. A couple minutes later I would get energy. The energy would last 5 or 6 hours. In the gym I was not resting as long between sets and I was doing cardio 5 minutes longer. I started sweating faster on this. I wasnt dripping sweat and it remained the same as if I wasnt taking this but it would start earlier than normal. By the end of the bottle my weight remained the same but I looked leaner. I was able to see my abs a little more. Nobody really said anything about me looking leaner so I might have been the only one to notice.

You can find this for $19.95 on a1supplements.com which is $0.64 a serving. I think that is a great price since it is less than $1 a serving. I would definitely consider buying this for that price next time I'm looking for some carnitine.

Side Effects

Conclusion

I really enjoyed this product and would definitely recommend this to someone who is cutting or just wants to have some carnitine. I think having two bottles would have made me more lean than one bottle. If you are cutting this should help shed off some fat and make it easier to lose weight.
    • Rainbow Candy: 7/10

Other Prices:
    VMI Sports   $24.99

October 18, 2018

• Slight Increase In Focus

Pretty simple non stimulant fat loss aid. I think that this is something you need to take for longer than a month to notice results but I did feel it working.

Hello fellow supplement users. I am a 46 year old dad, trying to not have the "dad" bod..... I was lifting 4 days a week and doing some sort of physical activity everyday. I was given the opportunity to run a stack of supplements from VMI and would like to thank them for allowing me to do so. Also a shout out for our SrTrooper program as it continues to bring new products in for us to try. I logged the products, and if you are interested you can look at the link below.

l-Carnitine @ 1.5g's: Normal dosage is between 500mg's and 2000mg's so we are right where we should be here. This can be linked to fat loss in some people.

Acetyl L-Carnitine @ 750mg's: Dosed between 630mg's and 2500mg's. Which is at the lower end. This form is generally used for cognitive enhancement. Which helps explain the focus I had while using this.

L-Carnitine L-Tartrate @ 750mg's: Dosed between 1g and 4g's. So we are low on this. This version is used more for sports performance, so I would like to see it bumped up to at least the 1g mark.

I think this is an interesting blend of L-Carnitine. It is only missing one version Glycine Propionyl L-Carnitine (used to alleviate intermittent claudication and blood flow issues). I think it hits the ones linked to sports and sports performance. I believe they are all dosed pretty good, with LCLT being the only one slightly low. In my usage of the product I think it did what it claimed to do. Which means for me the product was effective.

----Taste/Mix-ability/Dosing----

I received the Cherry Lime flavor and let me tell you. This was a kick in the pants every morning I took it. Now you could add it to a Pre-Workout (which I did) but taking in plain gives your mouth and body a wake up call. I was ok, just a little much for my liking.

This is a liquid that you shake, measure and shoot like a shot, so mix-ability wasn't an issue at all.

Dosing was fairly simple for me. I work out in the morning before food, so this was taken in the morning before working out. I know some of the other users varied the timing but this made sense to me. They say take one serving on an empty stomach before a meal or working out.

So this is supposed to boost metabolism and increase thermogenesis. I know research is kind of mixed on this so I am posting a couple websites for you to go investigate. I will just have to go off what I think it did for me. What I noticed is that I started sweating a lot easier than I did after stopping the product. Now does this help? Not sure, it made me feel like I was getting a good workout. (however, I noticed it even when walking the dog. I have a coton de tulear ((little white fluffy thing) so she doesn't walk fast). I also had more energy while working out. (I was stacking this with Agmapure, K-XR and Aminogen Ultra) so I can't guarantee this was totally responsible but I think it helped. Which I base off of using Carnitine products in the past. I did drop weight. About 2 pounds, but I also put them back on. Which is why I think you need to take this for a good 3 months.

As of 10/18/2018 I found the following prices. My opinion on value is that it is priced similar to other L-Carnitine products. At under 20 bucks for a month supply it isn't going to break the bank. That being said, I think it works better for some people than others. If it works I would run in for 3 months and see what happens. I can see myself using it next spring for the "summer" cut. If it doesn't work for you or you don't have a lot of patience the value goes down a little.

VMI has it on their website for $24.99.

Amazon has it for $18.99, fulfilled by VMI.... I always find that funny, probably because I am old.

Side Effects

Tastebuds puckering if that is a side effect.... Some mornings it was a nice wake up, others it was a little intense.

Conclusion

This is an interesting product. I think it has potential if used for an extended time. I don't think I would keep it as a "staple" on my counter. I do think I will use it, probably in the spring when I do a bigger cut. I think I would run 3 bottles if I do. I think this is one of those "extra" products. You know, people say it works, but there are non responders as well. I did enjoy using it and therefore I would tell people to give it a try. If it fits your budget run it at least 2 months and preferably 3. (just my thoughts, no scientific reason). Therefore when you find it on sale (black Friday?) buy 2 or 3 bottles and keep in around for that future cut we all know you will go on.
      • Cherry Lime: 7/10

October 7, 2018

• Tasty

I used L-Carnitine 3000 pre-workout on days that I worked out and before my first meal on days that I didn't. I only lost 2lbs over the month, but I lost a decent amount of fat off my waist and my back. If you're looking for some non-stim fat loss, I'd look at this product.

I'm a competing powerlifter, and I've recently cut down from the 84kg class to the 72kg class. I'm about 69kg right now, and I wanted to shed a few more kg before I switch gears and work on building muscle.

I wanted to give L-Carnitine 3000 a shot because it's a mix of different types of carnitine, so there's potential for fat loss benefits and for improved muscle recovery

I lift 4 days a week using an upper/lower split, and on my off days, I run.

L-Carnitine 3000 has 1.5g L-Carnitine, 750mg ALCAR, and 750mg LCLT.

ALCAR is used to help mobilize fat and LCLT is used to improve muscle recovery.

3g is a reasonable dose, and in particular, 750mg is good for ALCAR and 750mg is good for LCLT.

I got the Rainbow Candy flavor, and it was fine 7/10. It was a little sweet and a little sour. I thought it was a bit too sour for my tastes, but it wasn't jarring. I'm not sure I know what rainbow candy actually tastes like. It reminded me of shoving a bunch of nerds in my mouth at once and tasting a bunch of different flavors.

I didn't mix it at all. I just downed a spoonful and then followed it with water.

I took either a spoonful pre-workout (I train before breakfast), or a spoonful before my first meal (on rest days).

I haven't used L-Carnitine of any form in at least a year, and I couldn't remember what my experience was with ALCAR the last time I took it, so I wasn't sure what to expect, but I was pleasantly surprised with L-Carnitine 3000.

Objectively, I know I got leaner in the 4 weeks that I used the product. The scale didn't shift much, but I lost about an inch off my waist and my once fitting leggings are now too loose.

Subjectively, I felt more energized during my workouts. I train at about 5AM and I didn't use any pre-workout. I'm not sure if L-Carnitine is supposed to provide energy acutely (it does help the body utilize energy systemically), but I felt something.

I can't really say if this product helps with muscle recovery. The program I was running at the time (Brian Alrushe's Powerbuilding Routine) was for me pretty light in volume and the intensity wasn't particularly high. My recovery was already on point before I started using the program, so there wasn't much room for improvement.

I would have to try the product with a more aggressive training program in order to give feedback on the muscle recovery.

The lowest price I saw for this product was $16. That comes down to just over 50 cents a serving and is comparable to similar products.

Side Effects

Conclusion

VMI put together a nifty little L-Carnitine product. I enjoyed it and would recommend it to anyone who wants a bit of a boost with fat burning.
        • Rainbow Candy: 7/10

September 19, 2018

• 3 Carnitine Forms

Huge thanks to VMI Sports for hooking me up with another one of their products. They always have the best customer service and are great to work with. A little background about myself, I am a student-athlete currently in the fall season of training.

1.5g L-Carnitine 750mg Acetyl L-Carnitine 750mg L-Carnitine L-Tartrate

L-Carnitine is a natural amino acid produced in your body. It helps with energy levels and burning fat by transporting fatty acids to the mitochondria. It is also thought to help with cardiovascular health. A little fun fact I found while researching the ingredient is that it potentially can help with male infertility.

The recommended dosage is one tablespoon on an empty stomach or prior to exercise. There are several different ways you can take this as its a pretty concentrated. I tried diluting it with pre-workout and water and also taking it like a 5-hour energy shot. I had the patriots pop flavor. This isn't the best tasting supplement but with the small dosage, you aren't sipping on it like an awful tasting pre-workout.

I tried to take this on the mornings where I had to get going fast without breakfast. Without stimulants, you won't be getting a huge burst of energy but that doesn't mean you won't be feeling the effects. I'm a pretty sweaty person in general but this supp had me sweating minutes into my workouts. MarsheS brought up a really good point in his review about how to take this on an empty stomach for the best results. While I didn't always do this his theory makes sense and if I ever grab this again I will be solely taking without food and maybe even halfway through weight training as they suggested.
          I did drop weight while using this but as always there are a lot of factors that go into dropping weight, however, I'm sure this product did help.

This product is listed as $25 on the VMI Sports website. With 30 servings that's less than a dollar per drink. Can't get much better of a value than that in my opinion.

Side Effects

Conclusion

L-Carnitine was a new supplement for me. I enjoyed taking it and seeing some overall positive result over the course of taking this. If I pick this up again I would be interested in pairing this with some intermittent fasting with this in the morning before eating any meals for the day. Again thanks to VMI Sports and Supplement Reviews!
          • Patriot Pop: 5/10

Overall
          Overall
          9.3
            August 27, 2018

• Good Dose
          • Improved Athletic Performance
          • Thermogenesis
          • Abundant Sweat

INTRODUCTION

Thanks to VMI SPORTS once again for giving me the opportunity to try VMI L-Carnitine 3000 and to SupplementReviews for making this possible. I'm still trying to lose weight and fat a little bit more so I grabbed this product for it to help me with those goals. I believe every ingredient has a different pathway it takes once it's inside the body. For example, if you want energy, you can take stimulant ingredients (caffeine) but also non-stimulant ingredients (Vitamin B's, Citrulline, Creatine, Carnitine, etc). Each of those ingredients work differently, taking different pathways in the body and using different methods but with similar objectives.

Carnitine is one of those ingredients that you will see some people hate it because it doesn't work (according to them) and some people love it. After reading more about glycogen, fat loss, etc, I had an idea of how to use Carnitine. I describe that idea below.

INGREDIENT PROFILE

This product has 3 ingredients:
            L-Carnitine: 1,500mg
            Acetyl-L-Carnitine: 750mg
            L-Carnitine-L-Tartrate: 750mg

From VMI Sports' website: "Carnitine is a substance found in all cells of the body that facilitates the transportation of fatty acids into the mitochondria to be used for energy. In other words, carnitine turns your cells into pure fat-burning machines. L-Carnitine 3000 uses three highly bioavailable forms of L-Carnitine, to maximize effectiveness and skyrocket your metabolism."

These are 3 forms of Carnitine, from the most basic to the "most advanced" one. Carnitine has more benefits than just using fat as a source of energy, for example: Carnitine decreases Ammonia levels. How is that important? "Blood ammonia concentration increases during endurance exercise and has been proposed as a cause for both peripheral and central fatigue." An extract of the study said: "Blood ammonia level was determined before the run and every 30 min during the run. During the control trial, Ammonia increased progressively to approximately 70% above rest concentration." Source of what I quoted: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18059593

There are more benefits regarding Sperm Quality, Symptoms of Intermittent Claudication, Blood Glucose (important when trying to get rid of fat), Exercise-Induced oxidation (important studies here), Fatigue reduction, Lactate production (we must all hate Lactate), Muscle damage, etc. You can check the studies in the "Human Effect Matrix" of L-Carnitine at Examine: https://examine.com/supplements/l-carnitine/

Now that I deeply read about Carnitine, I see it has plenty of benefits, more than just being a non-stimulant fat burner, that's why it's important to read deeply instead of only reading the titles of articles. I'm going to judge it based on:
            1. The claims of the product
            2. The fat burning ability considering it's the most popular expectation.
            3. The energy given.

You can read more about the product here: https://www.vmisports.com/products/l-carnitine-3000

CLAIMS OF THE PRODUCT

*Increased Thermogenesis
            *Improved Athletic Performance
            *Enhanced Fat Loss
            *Continual Use (no need to cycle off)
            *Boost Metabolism
            *Best tasting flavors.

TASTE/MIXABILITY/DOSING

*TASTE: I received Gummy Bear. I thought it would be sweeter but I wasn't disappointed, the taste was pretty good, not so sweet but still good. Other flavors available are: Rainbow Candy, Juicy Stripes, Peach Mango, Cherry Lime, Patriot Pop and Orange Pineapple. The claim of "best tasting flavor" was met here, don't know if they are the best of their category but Gummy Bear is delicious and meets the claim.

*SERVINGS: 31

*MIXABILITY: Liquid form.

*DOSING: Here's the key part of this review. The product says to "Take one serving (1tbsp) preferable on an empty stomach, prior to a meal or prior to exercise." I did an experiment and used it when my weight lifting workout was 75% done. The plan was to make my body use all the glycogen for the weightlifting and the Carnitine to start working once my Glycogen was all/mostly used.

*Why I did it this way? "Glycogen is your body's preferred energy source for exercise, as it's more readily available." So our bodies use glycogen as their main source of energy as it's the most efficient. Of course, it also uses the other methods to get energy but Glycogen is the main preferred source. That being said, I assume that once someone takes any Carnitine supplement, the body won't "suddenly" change the energy source to fat stores and burn them for fuel. I don't think the body works like that, that's why IMO, some people don't get to see any positive results with Carnitine.

Another reason is that some people also take it before meals (like the instruction suggested) but I think that's wrong too or let's just say it's not the best way to take it because your meal will give you Glycogen. So IMO, the best way to take Carnitine and the one that has worked the best for me is to take it once I'm done with 75% of my weightlifting workout and then to start the Cardio. That way, my body will be able to use Carnitine more effectively as the Glycogen is already gone so the body will switch to other energy sources.

EFFECTIVENESS

Considering that I was already out of Glycogen or I've used a lot of it, it was going to be easier to see the energy effects of Carnitine. So did it work? IMO, yes it did. Thermogenesis is an organism's capacity of generating heat due to metabolic reactions. The thermogenesis was clearly felt because of all the abundant sweating but it's not like the stimulant thermogenesis produced by stimulant ingredients. With non-stimulant ingredients like Carnitine, you have to start working out first so you can then feel the effects so you have to give it a bit of time after you already start. Sweat is a signal of thermogenesis as your body is excreting the sweat because your internal body temperature is higher. The difference between taking it and not taking it was very significant. I didn't take this Carnitine everyday which was one of the reasons I took longer to finish this product.

Another aspect I felt a lot was energy. I could run for more minutes than I'm used to and still have lot of energy. I beat my friend in a 2km race (I usually always lose vs him) and of course I didn't give him a second race hahaha! Every time I took this, I was able to workout for a longer time and have clean energy available. Like I said above, the non-stimulant effect requires you to start doing the activity in order to feel the difference. If you just consume it and continue with your normal life, you probably won't feel it, which is why IMO some people say Carnitine doesn't work.

Those both effects allowed the third effect to happen, the "improved athletic performance". It helped with fat? Yes it did, I could notice it because of my pants but the results are going to depend more on your diet and training and not a supplement. Supplements are just a small percentage of the equation and the Carnitine helped in that small percent. It's funny how people want supplements to do 80% of the job when supplements just represent 10% (maybe a bit more if you take more) of the equation. So overall all the claims were met. If I would have taken this everyday, results could have been slightly better IMO but I'm satisfied.

VALUE

I was able to find this product for $19.99 on Amazon, CampusProtein, Coalition Nutrition, Evas Supplements. You can find other Liquid Carnitines with 3g dose a bit cheaper but it's because they only use the basic L-Carnitine. Remember VMI Sports is using 3 forms of L-Carnitine, which is better and obviously more expensive. Each form is also correctly dosed, not the best dose but it's a good dose, it's far from being underdosed so I think it's a good price.

SIDE EFFECTS

None but I would advise not mixing Carnitine with BCAA/Aminos as it can sometimes cause upset stomach, it's better to take it on empty stomach.

CONCLUSION

VMI L-Carnitine 3000 is a very interesting product as it has 3 forms of L-Carnitine. This is something new in the industry as most products if not all, have only the basic L-Carnitine form so good job for VMI. Effectiveness was high, I could notice the effects of Carnitine every time I took it. Taking this supplement along with a stimulant fat burner and having your diet (atleast with moderate calories) and training in check, you're definitely going to reduce weight and fat. You're going to sweat more, have more energy, you will be able to train better and for a longer time. Losing weight and fat is a middle to long term process, not a 30 day process. If it was a 30 day process, we would all be with low fat and great weight. Just remember the elements of the equation I put above and you will get results.
            • Gummy bear: 10/10

August 15, 2018

• Priced Slightly High

Nothing flashy, just L-Carnitine.

First and foremost I would like to thank VMI Sports for sending me out their product so I could try it and review it for you guys. I would also like to thank SR for providing me the opportunity and the tools so that I can share with you guys my experience.

I love to try products that can help me burn that unwanted fat. Carnitine has been in the market for a while now and has a lot of studies done already. I thought why not add Carnitine to my arsenal of fat fighting supplements and see where it takes me.

Very simple profile of three different type of Carnitine ... Carnitine simply put helps the body produce energy. It plays a crucial role in the production of energy by transporting fatty acids into your cells' mitochondria. The mitochondria act as engines within your cells, burning these fats to create usable energy.

L-Carnitine 1.5 g - This is the standard form that is not bound with any other molecules. This supposedly is what you would want if you wanted help with energy increase.

L-Carnitine L-Tartrate 750 mg - This is another form of Carnitine that turns into Carnitine Tartrate within the body. I'm not sure what mix the two into this forumal. Carnitine and Carnitine Tartrate could be considered the same.

Acetyl L-Carnitine 750 mg - Now this guys is a little different from the other two since it's actually found mostly in the brain. Carntine Tartrate is found mostly in the muscles ... This form of Carntine should actually help you with cognitive functions. It has the ability to penetrate blood brain barrier which allows it to stay in the central nervous system, where its main effects actually take place. While in the nervous system the main attributes in contributes is
            provide energy for brain cells thru its fat transport mechanism, also it becomes a substrate for production of acetylcholine, one of the main neurotransmitters of the human body.

Good stuff overall.

Pretty good tasting tablespoon of liquid. I didn't mind the taste at all. It does have a little of the chemical taste but nothing that would make me shiver.

I'm a big believer in Carnitine but the effects are very subtle. I didn't notice any cognitive advantage while using this product like described by others. I think I could say that I had a better well being but that could just be me in my head. As for as the fat burning capabilities that I would say was noticeable. I did not loose that much weight but my waist line has slimmed tremendously ... A lot of it I contribute to my good diet and the cardio I've been subjugating myself to. I do feel like when doing cardio on Carnitine my body fat has been attacked more efficiently than with out it. I don't think I have ever gotten so skinny in my waist line that I'm actually going to buy another belt. I realize that the diet has the real affect on this outcome but again I think that the outcome is so much more effective because of this product. No, let me rephrase ... I don't think my outcome would be that effective without the main ingredient called L-Carnitine ... I did not feel any thermogenics (increased heat) while on this product but it did initiate more sweating while doing cardio.

This is not going to be easy because there are similar product out there. If you want to get Carnitine by itself in a powder form that would be the cheapest ... It would cost your for 3g about .30 cents per serving. If you purchased this product it would cost you .64 cents per serving. That is pretty much doubled. Now you have to consider that you are paying for the ease of access to consume the product. You paying for the bottle, the liquid and the flavor pretty much. Personally that's pretty expensive to ask for that much just because you added Acetyl L-Carnitine ... that actually costs the same amount in the powder form.

Side Effects

None that I have experienced.

Conclusion

Would I personally buy this product ... Only if it was buy one get one free. I'm sorry but personally I'm just too frugal to go ahead and double up the price when I know there is a powder form that is half cheaper. But, that's just me. If you don't want to bother with powder by looking for things to mix it with ... than this product is actually for you. Very easy to consume and very enjoyable. I'm a big fan of Carnitine so I would recommend this product to the rich and lazy ;). I thank you for reading this review and wish you a wonderful day.
            • Patriot Pop: 8/10

Overall
            Overall
            6.9
            6.7
              July 25, 2018

• Slight Burning When Drinking

First and foremost, big thanks to VMI Sports for their continued participation in the SR Troops program, and thank you to SR for the opportunity!

Everyone is searching for that miracle supplement that will shed bodyfat while we sit on the couch and stuff Cheetos in our faces. Now we all know this doesn't exist, except in secret, underground, Russian super soldier test facilities. What does exist however, is supplements capable of boosting fat and calorie burning when combined with a healthy diet and workout plan. VMI Sports has made their attempt at this formula with L-Carnitine 3000.

I chose to review this supplement because of the overwhelmingly positive experience I have had with VMI products in the past. I am also on a ketogenic diet, and VMI claims that L-Carnitine 3000 improves your ability to burn fat for fuel, which is the basis of ketogenesis.

Three simple and straightforward active ingredients:

L-Carnitine - 1500mg
            An amino acid which has been shown to increase the body's ability to increase thermogenesis and burn fat for energy

Acetyl-L-Carnitine - 750mg
            A form of L-Carnitine which is capable of crossing the blood-brain barrier, allowing it to enhance cognitive function, focus, and increase energy

L-Carnitine L-Tartrate - 750mg
            A form of L-Carnitine which provides the same benefits, albeit with a better absorption due to the added L-Tartrate

Taste - 9/10:
            I requested and received the Patriot Pop flavor, which tasted incredible. The flavor was strong, with a nice balance of sweetness with a slightly tangy finish. I would honestly take this product just for the flavor itself and it was hard not to just chug it when dosing.

Mixability:
            This supplement is in a liquid, ready to drink form.

Dosing:
            1Tbsp once daily. I usually took this product in the morning before departing for work or the gym.

A rare miss for VMI Sports. Throughout my run of this product, I noticed a slight increase in sweat production, although without that increased body temperature I typically feel from thermogenic supplements. This was a welcomed effect, and along with the two pounds a week I was dropping, I initially believed I had found that miracle supplement we are all searching for. However, after finishing my run of the product, I continued to see similar weight loss results. My weight loss did decrease slightly, a matter of a couple ounces a week, and I noticed the weight seemed to take slightly longer to come off. After a couple of weeks off of this product, I still had not seen a significant change in effect. While this product did seem to be somewhat effective, it was not enough for me to justify adding it to my daily stack. For me, this is more of a luxury supplement, one that I may pick up and use when I find my weight loss is beginning to plateau rather than using on a consistent basis.

As for the energy and cognitive effects of this product, I ultimately saw no change. I believe this is due to the somewhat low dosage of Acetyl-L-Carnitine. While scientific studies have shown this ingredient to be effective, typically the effects are seen at much higher dosages. I would like to see VMI increase this dosage or add another nootropic type ingredient to this product. I was really looking forward to getting a mental boost from this product, and was disappointed when I did not.

$20 for 31 servings. Price wise, this is a pretty fair value, however considering it was not as effective as I would have hoped, it loses a bit of value to me.

Side Effects

Slight burning in the throat while taking. Nothing painful or unbearable. Just unexpected.

Conclusion

Overall, while this product had some effect, it was not as effective as I had hoped it would be for me. Generally I have had very positive experiences with VMI products, and this is a rare miss. After reading other reviews on this product, it may be possible that my body just did not react to the L-Carnitine as well as some others. Hopefully others have a better experience with this product than I did.
            • Patriot Pop: 9/10

July 23, 2018

• Slight Increase In Focus
            • Odd Odor
            • Fishy Body Odor

L-Carnitine 3000 really gave me that internal jumpstart, although I didn't feel warmer than normal. I noticed I was sweating more than normal, being from SoCal I am quite alright with some perspiration as it is almost always sunny and warm.

I was using L-Carnitine 3000 as a supplement as I am always trying to find anything to give me a slight edge in the gym to shave off a few lbs. or give me a boost of any kind. This was perfect as I have been trying to stay away from a stimulants, beside the morning coffee on occasion. This was nice because it would complement my work out without having to introduce a stimulant.

L-Carnitine 3000 is made up of 3 different type of Carnitine.

First off you have L-Carnitine at a dose of 1.5g, next you have Acetyl L-Carnitine at 750mg then lastly you have L-Carnitine L-Tartrate also at 750mg.

What are these Carnitine supposed to do?

Well you have the benefit of increased thermogenesis, increased cognitive function, increased muscle endurance and helps prevent lactic acid build up.

I received the Gummy Bear flavor and it was pretty darn delicious. The liquid itself smells somewhat sour. Mixability was not an issue as this comes in liquid form. You can add it to a water bottle or drink the serving as is. I would take one serving per day, on workout days anywhere between 30 minutes - 1hour. I don't really feel the time I took it made a difference.

Effectiveness/Side effects

I can for sure say That VMI has another great product. L-Carnitine 3000 helped me keep the unwanted pounds off from not eating consistently clean, but also aid in some weight loss. I never felt warmer, but it was so much easier to break a sweat. I work out at a commercial gym in SoCal and the have these huge fans that blow cold air and it makes it near impossible to break a sweat. This of course didn't stop me while taking L-Carnitine 3K. I can also not the somewhat nice focus factor, it is not a laser type focus that you would get from some nootropic or preworkout. I felt it was more of a clear mind/ignore everything around me because this set is mine at this moment type feeling. I don't know if that even make sense. I have tried various nootropics and some make your focus so strong you don't even see anything around you at all.

I do have one gripe about L-Carnitine 3k. As other reviewers have mentioned it does make you give off some sort of fishy smell. I noticed it more in my urine itself than my sweat. I noticed that using some of wipe it controlled the smell.

Value/Conclusion

One bottle of L-Carnitine has 31 servings and will cost you about $20 give or take. I consider this a good support supplement for anyone trying to lose those unwanted extra pounds and want a slight edge. I will be including this into my cut starting next month, I will share my progress in my current log.
            • Gummy bear: 9/10

June 4, 2018

• Slight Leaning Effect

Provides nice energy and focus, helps effectiveness of other products.

Hey SR, here today to review Carnitine 3000 by VMI Sports. Carnitine is an amino acid that helps in energy production, metabolism, focus, and overall athletic performance. Personally, I love running carnitine asI definitely feel a difference in my workouts and progress towards my goals. You won't feel the effects of this like when you take a preworkout, but if you're in tune with your body, workouts, and goals I have found i can feel a difference. Let's see how VMI did with their product.

The profile for this product is a little unique, at it delivers a big dose of carnitine at 3 g, but in 3 different forms. We have 1.5 g of L-carnitine, then 750 mg each of acetyl and tartate. I really like this profile as each form of carnitine touts a little different benefits. Combining these different types of carnitine at good doses makes this a very solid profile for a pure carnitine supplement.

This is a liquid carnitine supplement, so no real mixability here. Dosing is 1 tbsp a day. I took this a couple times straight, but mosty I added this to either my preworkout or intra amino drink. I had the orange pineapple flavor, and to be honest it wasn't great when taken straight. Nothing horrible and it's only a tbsp, but still wasn't very good. When added to my preworkout or intra it didn't change the flavor of either of those in any big way.

Overall, I thought this was a very effective carnitine supplement, especially when added to my preworkout. This provided with me extra endurance where I felt more energized in the gym and moved through my sets faster and felt better. Another huge benefit of this supplement was the added focus. When combined with my preworkout it really zoned me in at the gym. When taken alone throughout the day, I had some of these benefits but not nearly as noticeable as when taken before my workout. Did it make me lose weight all by itself? That's a strong statement I can't really agree with, but I did progress toward my goals. Why? The better workouts, energy, etc. It helped my workouts, so it helped me towards my goals. I think this is a great product.

You can find this for $20 for 31 servings. I feel this is a great value for how effective it was for me and would buy again, especially since you're getting the big 3 g dose.

Side Effects

Conclusion

This is a great carnitine product that enhances your workouts with energy and focus.