Eviscerate SUPERNOVA™ Reviews

By: EvoMuse

Eviscerate SUPERNOVA™ is an Alternative Weight Loss Product manufactured by EvoMuse. It can help assist in the loss of body fat, working in different pathways that traditional thermogenics.
6.4

6.7
5.5
  September 4, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Increased Sweating
  • Pleasant Burning Sensation
  • Sheds Excess Water
  • Ingredient Amount Not Listed
  • Little Brown Clumps
  • Stains Light Colored Clothing
  • Frustrating To Dose Accurately

Hey SR, back at it today to catch up on some reviews and first up is Evomuse's topical fat burner Supernova. This definitely a very unique product with some pretty impressive claims. I have used quite a few products in the Evomuse line with a lot of success such as Alphaburn and DCP, but had a negative experience with Brite. As of this moment I have 5'9", 160 lbs, and probably around the 8% body fat mark with just the most stuborn of fat left in the lower abs/love handle region so I was eager to give this a shot and see if I could get some expedited results. On to the review.

As others have noted, this has a huge profile with some well known and little known ingredients in a prop blend. This is pretty unfortunate as in a fat burner I really like to know the amount of ingredients. Some of the better known ingredients are bitter melon, yohimbine, caffeine, raspberry ketones, carnitine etc. Definitely the first time I've used these in a topical so intriguing. The other lesser known ingredients are oils like peppermint oil and rosehips, which I don't think I have ever used. Evomuse always has a long write up on their ingredients and science behind it so I encourage you all to check it out. OVerall I'll give the profile a B-, as the science and ingredients are intriguing, but efficacy and the fact it's a prop blend are worrisome.

Here's where we get some more negatives. Dosing is once a day on your midsection after your shower. That's easy enough, but the size says a silver dollar size, which is far from exact. I have seen on the Evomuse FB page that Supernova is getting pumps, so that they may help. One reason I think they didn't go with the pumps in the first place though is the consistency of the liquid as it's pretty thick, and when rubbing on your skin has a tendency to clump up some so that could clog the pump. After application, my skin was a little discolored, a brownish yellow. I worried about staining my shirt when I put I got dressed, but it didn't effect it until I did cardio. I put on supernova in the morning after my shower, then I would workout around 4 pm. I didn't notice what happened with my colored tshirts, but when I wore a plain white tshirt and I began to sweat it turned my shirt the same brownish yellow color in spots which is not ideal. I'm sure it did it to my colored shirts as well just couldn't see it. It did not stain however and washed out pretty easily, but still a pain. Overall, not an easy experience in these categories.

After application, you do get a cooling sensation which is kind of nice, if not a good placebo effect. I didn't notice a big jump in energy so the caffeine must not be a big dose. I did notice a slight increase in body temperature, and I did sweat more during cardio so it did provide a nice thermo effect. I didn't notice an elevation of mood nor appetite suppressant. How did it effect my weight loss? I did lose some weight, and leaned out some in my stomach and love handles which was nice, however I don't think it was effective as their other fat burner supplements like Alphaburn or DCP, which are both easier to take and less expensive. So, this was somewhat effective for me, but I feel there are just better options at this time.

Another negative. This costs $50-$55 and lasted me a little over a month. With all the ingredients I'm sure this is expensive to make, but for me the results don't justify the price.

Side Effects

Discolored shirts, increased sweating.

Conclusion

This is an interesting product, but I think there are better options out there in terms of effectiveness, ease of use, and price.

6.2
  August 29, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Increased Sweating
  • Increases Definition
  • Pleasant Burning Sensation
  • Pleasant Smell
  • Sheds Excess Water
  • Ingredient Amount Not Listed
---Introduction---
I always enjoy trying out topical products and this would be my 1st topical fat burner to give a shot. Thanks to evomuse for sending this out to the TROOPs.

The ingredient list on this is ridiculously long and a couple other reviews have dived into them fairly deeply. You have a prop blend of fat burning ingredients and things to help with absorption. I don't have an issue with prop blends with this kind of product like i would others.

This is a topical product so you put a small amount on the desired area and rub in. I would apply this to my midsection in the mornings after a shower.
The color looks plain nasty, a brownish runny substance. The smell isn't overwhelming but you can tell you put something on that's alcoholy in smell. Also make sure you shake it up before applying to get it mixed up and less runny. Also could use a pump or syringe to measure better.

When I started this my diet was in check and I was trying to be serious. Well some unforseen circumstances popped up and I started to slack on my diet and workouts. I did manage to keep on schedule using this, but my discipline could have been better. That being said i loved the slight burning sensation you got when you 1st applied this. Just gave you the feeling you were starting to burn fat immediately even though I know that isn't the case. There was an increase in sweating around the area i applied this. My midsection has always been hard for me to tighten up. I didn't do any measuring before i started this but i could see the improvement at the end of the run. Love handles shrunk noticeably, and my overall weight went down slightly as well with my diet out of sorts even. Places that were already right really seemed to show some vascularity improvement as well.

$50ish dollars for each bottle is a little strep for a far burner of any kind. You can get a solid fat burner in pill form for about half that and not have to deal with the hassle that comes with topicals.

Side Effects

Some smell, can stain lighter clothes

Conclusion

This worked well I felt, but I think it could have been better if i would have been dialed in more personally and that's on me. I will be buying my own bottles soon and doing a strict run and will come back and update. The price needs some work but overall I was happy with my 1st topical fat burner.

Overall
Overall
5.5
6.1
4.8
  August 16, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Increased Sweating
  • Reduces Fat
  • Pleasant Burning Sensation
  • Sheds Excess Water
  • NO Correct Way To Dose Accurate
It's no secret EvoMuse arrived to Supplement Reviews "Guns Blazing"! They've been on the scene for a minute, and most people swear by their products. I've never used a Topical Fat-Burner before, so of course I was intrigued by this one. Big thanks to EvoMuse for bringing so much to the table, and HUGE apologies on my behalf for taking so long to get this review posted!

PROFILE- 6
Prop-Blends are a nuisance here at SR, but if the product is to be rubbed on your body, is it still a problem not knowing what the doses are? Serious question actually, since I do not know the answer! But it is a prop-blend, and a kitchen-sink one at that! I won't get into every ingredient listed on the label, but just imaging every fat burner on the market and toss those ingredients into a bottle (including caffeine)! All the Heavy-Hitter TRoopers did a great write-up on the ingredients panel, so I won't waste your time here. A major issue I had was that the label doesn't list a serving size is, and also doesn't say how many total servings are in each container! Do I have a weeks' worth? A month? I don't even know.

The instructions say to shake very well, and apply a "silver dollar" amount on your midsection. I vaguely remember what a silver dollar even looks like. The liquid came out a dark "orangish-brown" and was very gooey and sticky. It had some small little clear "gummy bear" bits floating around. And smelled like spicy Sriracha chili mixed with Vicks! It felt a lot like Icy Hot at first, eventually settling into a warm feeling around the midsection.

EFFECTIVENESS- 6.8
Well, after a few weeks I broke from my long-standing plateau of 240lbs and dropped down to 236! This hasn't happened in years. My waist did shrink maybe an inch and half, but I didn't see as much detail in my stomach as I wanted. Strangely, this worked more like an oral fat-burner meaning I lost total bodyweight, and the slimming mid-section was just a byproduct of that. I did sweat while taking this, and I mean a LOT! No changes in energy, or workout intensity from taking this. Towards week 3, I noticed a stall in weight loss. This leads me to believe this has strong diuretic properties. Actually, I'm sure of it; based on the frequency of urination and leg cramps. Towards about week-5 is when the bottle ran out, and I didn't see much difference at that point.

SIDE EFFECTS-4.5
Now for the bad; towards the middle of week-3 I developed a painful rash around my naval area. It would actually sting, and I'd skip application every couple of days. This may be the reason for the stall in weight loss. This stuff smells like a hot-wing challenge! There's no hiding the fact you have this on. It's MESSY!!! It's a sticky Orange liquid you rub all over your stomach. It sticks to your clothes but luckily it doesn't stain. Also, frequent Urination and leg cramps.

VALUE-4.5
50$ and up, is what I found this for. Like I said, the amount of servings is a mystery to me. Maybe I didn't dose it right, maybe it has a lot. This product is very expensive if you get a months' worth out of it. I got more, but I'm unsure if I dosed it correctly. At this price I would only consider this if I had a summer vacation cruise, or Vegas pool party in my future.

OVERALL- 5.8
For me, this product worked great as a short-term "quick results" product. But in my case, the price, side effects, and inconvenience make it a tough sell for me. I will say this; for someone who already has low bodyfat, I have no doubt this would get them stage ready in short time!

Overall
Overall
4.8
4.4
  August 14, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Pleasant Burning Sensation
  • Ingredient Amount Not Listed
  • Little Brown Clumps
  • A Little Pricey
  • Stains Light Colored Clothing
  • Ineffective
  • NO Correct Way To Dose Accurate

EvoMuse is a pretty solid company. AlphaBurn is great, DCP is great, GutHealth is alright... then.. they have their line of topical creams. Now, SuperNova has gotten mixed reviews. Some say it's great, some have said it did next to nothing for them.

You get a lot of cool sounding ingredients in here. Problem is, with 30 ingredients, you have no idea how much of each you'll be getting or even absorbing. Some of the ingredients actually have some studies behind them. Yohimbine is probably the best example. Some of the other ingredients have some science behind them, but without knowing how much is in here, it is impossible to know if you are getting a good amount of anything.

One thing that all reviewers seem to have in common is that we would like a better way of dosing SuperNova than "a silver dollar". A pump would be the easiest way to keep us all happy. Sometimes I felt I was putting too little on, then sometimes I felt that I would just have way too much of this brown liquid on me.

It's more of a slightly thicker liquid than anything. Def. not a cream or a gel consistency. Make sure you shake it first, or else you are just going to have straight liquid pour out.

This part needs some work for sure.

Really, when you first put it on, you get a nice cooling effect. It actually feels pretty good for the first few minutes before it started to fade away. After that I personally almost forgot I was putting it on. Now some may say they got some sort of sweating effect, I personally did not get this that often. If I took it before a morning cardio session, I may have noticed a slight bit a sweat, but nothing that made me remember that I was actually taking it.

I ran this along with AlphaBurn. With Alphaburn, I did notice the yohimbine effects. With SuperNova, I really couldn't tell if it was doing anything for me or not. Since I ran it alongside another product, and got results, I can't say this did not help in any single way. I just feel that I got more out of alphaburn than supernova. It is as simple as that.

I am not against creams and such for fat loss, but it really all comes down to diet, which I had nailed down during the time I took this. So, since I am sure alphaburn was doing its part, I didn't really see a need to throw this on top(especially for the price!) to see no real extra results.

This stuff is expensive. This runs a little over $50. I could get 3 different proven fat burning products on their own for less than that amount(Ephedrine, caffeine pills, thryotwin).

This is a big reason why I am giving this a thumbs down. It is simply not worth the money.

Side Effects

Besides a nice cooling sensation, I would like to warn any user that you should wear a shirt to bed if you take this before going to bed. I made the mistake of not doing that one night, and woke up to a bed that looked like I left a giant skidmark on it.

Also, the gel sometimes leaves these gross little gel-like clumps everywhere.

Conclusion

While I am not against creams and gels for fat burning, Supernova is just too expensive for me to consider buying. Since I feel as if all I got was a slight cooling sensation along with maybe a slight bit of sweat every once in a while, I can't recommend someone else buying this.

Supernova is kind of a pain to use(putting gel on yourself isn't as easy as taking a pill), and confusing to measure out. Way too expensive to become a staple as well.

If you have the money to buy Supernova... don't. Buy 2 bottles of Alphaburn instead.

August 11, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Increases Definition
  • Reduces Fat
  • Ingredient Amount Not Listed
  • Little Brown Clumps
  • A Little Pricey
  • Frustrating To Dose Accurately

Currently on the long road to try and reduce some of the fat around my love handles. I was doing well until vacation happened I just finished using this product prior to vacation. I went off the rails a little bit with my eating as far as serving sizes and the fact that we ate at more places the kids would eat at than us just worrying about the adults.

One big prop blend with absolutely no indication of how much of each ingredient is in the product. These are the first 5 ingredients listed - Isopropyl Alcohol, Benzyl Alcohol, Bitter Melon Seed Oil, Triglyceride Complex, Raspberry Ketones, plus many more. Am I getting higher amounts of these than the other 15-20 or so ingredients listed? I have no clue. I'm also not going to pretend I know what each and every one of these things does or how they may interact. This does have caffeine in it although I'm not sure to what extent. I do feel that maybe the kitchen sink approach was taken with this product upon seeing the list of ingredients. It might be better to weed some out that are inadequately dosed or not as effective.

This is a topical fat loss product so not something that I was going to taste. I was especially not going to taste it after it looking like diarrhea either. Directions state to "shake the product very well and apply approximately a silver dollar sized amount to the midsection area." ???????????- um, ok. When is the last time anyone has seen a silver dollar? I know it is bigger than a quarter but it has been a while since I have seen one. Some sort of pump, little plastic measuring cup, or syringe would have been nice here. I never knew if I was putting too much on or too little. Some days I would rub this all over my belly and then rub it around my love handles and back it seemed I had so much. I did roughly get 30 days so I think I was dosing it accordingly but it always seemed like a lot.

My other issue with this was the application. It was dark brown and clumpy. No issues with the color but when clumps of the product come out that tends to be an issue for me especially with something I am rubbing on my body. Did I mention it looked like diarrhea? The clumpyness did not seem to go away no matter how much you shook it up. I would have clumps of product on my skin that I would be picking off after application. This did turn your skin and clothes brown but fortunately it did not stain either and came off with a quick wash. I would also come away smelling like icy/hot after application of this product. Fortunately, the smell seemed to dissipate rather quickly so I was not smelling like that all day.

I felt this product was effective although maybe not to the extent or degree it is marketed at. The first week I began using this I definitely felt that I looked leaner in the mirror. The love handles and little bit of pudge in the front did not stick out at much and I felt I could see the outline of my abs a little better. After that first week, I could not really tell a difference anymore. I did not really gain or lose any weight while taking this product but maintained more than anything. Looking back in my journal after the first week of taking this it looks like I was 198.3 bodyweight with a 35.25 inch waist measurement and a 36.25 inch belly measurement. Over the course of use of this product, it appears my bodyweight would fluctuate 1-2 pounds ending at 200.6 lbs when I finished. My waist measurement stayed down a consistent 35.0 inches and my belly measurement actually fluctuated anywhere from 36.25 - 37 inches. I feel this product help keep me in-line with where I wanted to be over the course of using it and was happy with the results when I finished using it.

I did not notice any energy or thermogenic effects during the course of the run of this product. I was expecting some due to the caffeine in it but the caffeine is either too low for me or not as effective as a transdermal .

A few searches turned up the following prices, Amazon - $52.99; Evomuse website - $54.99 for 1 or $85 for 2; $44.99 - $49.95 elsewhere with a Google search but most of the sites seem to say "out of stock." This is a bit steep for me even though I thought it was fairly effective. It might possibly be justified from Evomuse's end with all the ingredients that are in it but not something I'm going to shell out money for when there are other products that are just as effective for a lot less of a price. SKALD being my go to right now and they seem to have a sale every month or two on Amazon where you can get a bottle for $10.99 - $15.99 or a BOGO Free. I could see myself buying this again every once in a while if it was around the $35 range but at the current price I will not be picking up another bottle.

Side Effects

I had skin irritation the first couple of days. This went away after about day 4-5 but was concerning at first because I would wash the product off and my belly would just be red. A positive is that once the skin irritation went away and you applied the product you would have a nice tan look on your midsection :)

Overall
Overall
4.5
  August 7, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Pleasant Burning Sensation
  • Ingredient Amount Not Listed
  • Little Brown Clumps
  • Ineffective
  • Frustrating To Dose Accurately

Thanks to EvoMuse for giving me a chance to try Supernova. This was an entirely new type of supplement for me - I'd not previously tried a topical fat burner and was excited to give this a run.

I am not sure where to being with this profile. It's a lengthy list of ingredients that includes a variety of stimulants, extracts, and alcohols. A few of these ingredients have been shown in independent studies to support fat loss when applied topically (isopropyl, aminophylline, yohimbe), but without knowing the specific mLs, there's no way to determine if Supernova is serving up an effective dose of any/all ingredients.

Having no experience with this type of product, I had no true expectations when it came to the profile.

Good lord. This is probably the most inconvenient and annoying product I've ever used. Per the instructions, I rubbed a "silver dollar sized amount" of the thin brown liquid all over my midsection immediately post-shower. This meant I used this product six days a week, for roughly five weeks. I got ~30 doses from the bottle. A pump would be very helpful here. I was never sure if I was maybe using too much, if I was miscalculating the size of a silver dollar, if maybe I needed less because I'm not a large person, etc.

The liquid is thin and clumpy, with gelatin lumps that I could never get to breakdown no matter how long I shook the bottle pre-application or how much I tried to rub them into my skin. Plus the liquid doesn't so much absorb into your skin as it dries on it. Meaning I had brown flecks coating the inside of my shirt or my bedsheets after ever application. Luckily it didn't stain, but I always felt like I was "missing out" and not getting the full effects of each dose. It wasn't an option for me to go shirtless since I have young kids and I was constantly worried about them accidentally coming into contact with the product just from me holding them.

I experienced a nice icy burn for about 20 minutes after every dose. Very similar to icy-hot. Not painful or inconvenient at all.

I was intrigued by Supernova because it specifically states on the label that it works for people of all body fat percentages. I'm a fairly average guy overall, but my Pectus Excavatum condition means I carry a larger-than-normal percentage of body fat in my midsection. It's the last area I lose weight from when cutting, and it's overall an extremely stubborn region of my body I was hoping Supernova would change that. Unfortunately it did not. I noticed no discernible difference in waist circumference or definition after five weeks on this product. I've gotten back into Intermittent Fasting recently as a way to better control caloric intake and I've started seeing some weight loss as a result, but only after getting back into this eating regimen.

Amazon carries Supernova for a steep $52.99 per bottle. This seems on par with the handful of other topical fat loss agents I found on the same site (Vasoburn - $47.49 / Lipoderm-Y - $44.99). Obviously, given my results, there's just no way I would pay that price for this product. Even if it was somewhat effective, you could likely get similar effects from a high-end orally-dosed burner at ~$35 for a month, or you could even grab something like Thyrotwin at $15 which lasts three months.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Of the three Evomuse products I was given the opportunity to run, Supernova was my least favorite. It was a total bust for me. Perhaps that's due to my condition and genetics. Perhaps I didn't utilize the bottle to its fullest potential. Whatever the reason, I found this product inconvenient and ineffective and can't think of any situation if which I would recommend it.

5.8
  August 2, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Increased Sweating
  • Does Not Burn
  • A Little Pricey
  • Ingredient Amount Not Listed
  • Little Brown Clumps
  • Stains Light Colored Clothing
  • NO Correct Way To Dose Accurate

Okay so I love trying a topical supplement. I just seems so scientific and different than a normal pills or drink. I guess that is the nerd in me. I had read about this product on some other forums just prior to seeing it on here available , and those boards pretty much raved about how well this brand was, not just this product. Now I do know some boards seem to have a few brands they brag about and feel can make no bad product but I hoped this was not the case.

A little strange profile to me especially after reading what they claim this product does and what it focuses on.
First it is one big list of ingredients with zero grams or mg of what you are getting . So basically even with the 30 plus ingredients you may only be getting a hefty dose of Isopropyl alcohol and Yohimbine, and some peppermint oil to feel a burning sensation. Then you add in the Placebo effect and boom you got some decent products. Now I did do some research on some of these ingredients and I am still confused as to how it can actually go into your body and search out bad fat cells and help get rid of those. I wish the reps for this brand would help break this down more with possibly a full write up and explain things a bit more.

Ugg, where to start. It is a mess. That is being nice. It is a strange orange brown to it. I thought I was getting ready to step on stage and was applying the last bit of tan on. Anyway, It has no pump and the doseage is a silver dollar size? Seriously? I mean if they have made a product that can travel into your body and help make you shred up, but they cant give you a decent pump for a proper even dose? Come on man.
Now applying it, no matter how clean I tried to be I would end up with it all over the sink. Not sure why. And it will stain a shirt if you have not let this dried fully.

Did it work? Maybe. I was kinda toying with a Keto diet of sorts. I never could get below 50 carbs but I did stay under 100 carbs for almost the entire time of taking this. So yea I did lean down. Yea my stomach did specifically lean out some. But was it from this magic supplement or was it the lower carbs? I started using this on my upper chest and shoulders and I did notice I was looking a bit more lean there, but I actually wonder if it was just because I was looking more for any change? Hard to say. I did seem to feel warm, but it was always short lived. I did not last very long. I think this may help work a bit if someone used this morning with fasted cardio. Now my weight did not go down much ( a couple lbs ) but I was looking leaner and was keeping my strength, but I have been hitting the gym pretty hard the past few months so I feel that is to be expected. Honestly I am still on the fence if this really did help as much as the diet was? I have since went off this and off the modified diet and I have worked back out to my true self again but I am okay with that. ha.

53 dollars at amazon, 45 dollars at nutraplanet ( but out of stock. ) 54 dollars at ebay, So basically this stuff is kinda all over the place. For the lack of knowledge of the ingredient dosages, and unable to get a correct dosage. I just cant really justify paying this much.

Side Effects

Smells
Messy

Conclusion

I am still unsure on this one. I mean I seen some results but I feel it more toward my diet than anything. The main issues I have is with the Profile. They really need to explain the Mg dosages and make a dang pump for this or something accurate than just saying ( pour a silver dollar ). Evomuse has some products that seem solid and they have some serious fan boys out there for them too.

5.9
  July 29, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Pleasant Smell
  • Increased Sweating
  • Sheds Excess Water
  • A Little Pricey
  • Ingredient Amount Not Listed
  • Little Brown Clumps
  • Stains Light Colored Clothing

Hey all, if you didn't read one of my lasts reviews I will let you know where I am in training. Right now I stand at 199 lbs which is 11 lbs from about 3-4 weeks ago when I posted about another fat loss product. I decided to try this topical cream in addition to what I was already using to hopefully tone some areas in my abdomen. Overall, saw minimal effectiveness in my upper abdomen region. I think that this can be a great product for those who are already pretty lean and are looking to get that "shred" on.

Isopropyl Alcohol , water, benzyl alcohol, bitter melon seed oil, triglyceride complex, rasberry ketones, phytol, Aminophyline, Cocoa extract Yohimbine HCL, Euphorbia Kansui Extract, Bergenin, Resveratrol, Lecithin, Glucosamine sulfate and many other.

Isopropyl alcohol is an interesting ingredient, considering it is also used in household cleaning supplies such as antiseptics, disinfectants, and detergents. Wait so I'm just cleaning my stomach?? Well, its actually used because its a pretty good substance that can travel through the epidermis. This plays the role of the product actually penetrating the skin and allowing the solution to get to the stubborn fat cells. For overall effect of this topical cream I resorted to the old PubMed (for all of you who don't know this is a peer reviewed site for research articles). I found this study by Greenway et al, 1995: Five overweight women used isoproterenol at intervals around the thigh three times a week for 4 weeks with diet and walking. All trials except yohimbine ointment gave significantly more girth loss from the treated thigh (p < 0.05 to p < 0.001). They concluded that topical fat reduction can be achieved without diet or exercise. They performed this research on women's thighs so not exactly the portion of the body this product suggests use on, but one of the ingredients of this study's cream and the product's cream is yohimbine.
I will move on to a different ingredient in this profile: Euphorbia Kansui Extract. Used in chinese herbal medicine thought to inhibit the multiplication of cells. One research study I found tested the components of this herb. What this found is that it inhibits cells from multiplying (basically the gist of the research article). I am assuming Evomuse used this to prevent new fat cells from forming? I can't be entirely sure but there are a lot of different sites and articles that give their input on this ingredient.
Aminophyline--> ONCE AGAIN I will use a research study to demonstrate the effectiveness of this ingredient. A study done by Caruso et al., 2007 showed after 12 weeks of applying cream to waist there was a significant reduction in BMI. The reduction in waist circumference was 11 +/- 1.0 cm in the aminophylline cream. The reduction in waist circumference was significant for both women and men, but the women lost significantly more waist girth. At the end of this article it does state that further research needs to be conducted solely on men to determine the exact effectiveness this may have on fat reduction in the waist.
Rasberry Ketones --> this ingredient is said to reduce skin elasticity make you look more lean, but may not contribute to fat loss when used in topicals. Some articles also suggested that it is better to take this AFTER already losing a significant amount of weight (topically and/or orally).

No taste considering it is a topical (I hope none of you tried it orally). Since it was a topical I am going to comment on the liquid itself. Make sure you shake before every use because it will come out like water if you don't. It comes out in a slightly thick liquid which you have to make sure you put on quickly or it will run down your stomach. For dosing, the bottle suggests "the size of a silver dollar". Well I know some people are larger than others so what I did was used enough to cover the whole abdomen (which was slightly more for me).

Here is the area where I think would have improved if I had slightly less belly fat. Since I am I bulkier guy and my fat settles in my lower abdomen it didn't work as well as I was hoping. For me, I think it tightened my upper abs to a point where I had minimal fat in the area. Over the course of me taking this product I normally took it before my workouts or directly after showering as the bottle suggests. Like other people have stated who reviewed this product it feels like a cold winter's morning settling on the depths of your stomach. Very soothing as dries on the skin. The reason that I did not give this product's effectiveness a super low score is because it does make you sweat more in the area you use it on. I think this is what affected me more than the product "burning fat cells" and increasing breakdown of those cells. As I did cardio I noticed that I was sweating quite a bit more in the abdomen region than I would be, lets say, on my chest. I think this is what contributed to the semi-lean look I achieved from this product. I have to be honest and would forget to use it from time to time, probably missed it like 6-7 days out of the month? Around there. They were not in a row so I don't think that this should have had a huge effect. As I said in my intro, I think this product would work really well for those who are already lean and are looking to tighten the abdomen region. With that being said, I may try this product again if I can lose another 5-10 lbs within the next couple months.

On amazon I found this product for $52.99 which for me is way to pricey to be buying something that worked the way it did. On Nutraplanet.com it costs $44.99 for a 6 oz bottle, but it is out of stock at the moment. Believe it or not it is being sold on Ebay for $54.99 for the 180 mL bottle I have next to me right now. What I do not like is that you can't tell how long this bottle will last. Since the "serving" size is "a silver dollar" there is no objective way to measure how much that may be from person to person. I would like them to put something such as 2 tbsp, for example, on the bottle so people can know how long the bottle will last them. Its a lot of money to pay for uncertainty.

Side Effects

Make sure you wash your hands after applying
May stain light clothing

Conclusion

Overall, it is a average - below average product in my book. Basically because I didn't see the results that the company claims. Now don't get me wrong I did see some minimal results in my upper abdomen as I was saying before, but not to the extent that I was hoping. As I explained in my effectiveness section I would try it if you already have a lean body, but if your looking for a solid sweat that is also something to think about. Although, the fact that it is pretty pricey is another turn off for me. If I am going to spend my money on a fat loss supplement I want to know that I will get results with the diet and exercise (WHICH I WAS DOING). Just a little blurb, I was continuing to eat every 2 hours mostly protein based meals with rice and veggies. I was taking protein and creatine after my workouts in addition to a BCAA that included coconut extract which is supposed to help with the fat loss product (as they say). I think I may try something similar down the road once I get to around 190 lbs. Once I decide to either try this product again, or a different one, you all will know.

Live Happy, Live Healthy
Dr. G

July 28, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Increases Definition
  • Reduces Fat
  • Pleasant Smell
  • Increased Sweating
  • A Little Pricey
  • Ingredient Amount Not Listed
  • Stains Light Colored Clothing

Supernova by Evomuse is the first topical fat burner product that I've used for a full cycle so unfortunately I don't have a whole lot of previous experiences with other products to make comparisons on but I did notice a lot of changes in the abdominal region that I applied it to consistently. I started using Supernova about 8 weeks out from my next NPC Men's Physique competition and want my prep to go as smoothly as possible so when I saw the chance to hop on board I jumped! Quick thanks to EvoMuse for sending out Supernova to all SR Troopers and giving us to opportunity to try it out! Let's see how it stacks up!

SooOo topical ingredients and their bio-availability through the epidermis is definitely beyond me and I know that scientific evidence is extremely sparse in this field of supplementation so I'll compile a list below of some of the ingredients that I feel had a major impact on Supernova's effectiveness. Unfortunately there are no specified doses or ingredient amounts per mL so actually knowing how much of what you're getting is unknown.

Bitter Melon Seed Oil
Raspberry Ketones
Phytol
Aminophylline
Yohimbe HCL
Caffeine: Had no idea that caffeine can be absorbed transdermally but apparently they do have patches available to do so.
Euphorbia Kansui Extract
Acetyl L-Carnitine

Smell/Mixability/Dosing

Supernova has an odd lemon-y scent that isn't bad at all and is scented pretty well though it doesn't look so great when you pour it out, it has a brownish tint to it and has a fairly watery texture. It's noted to shake before use and apply a Silver dollar sized portion over the midsection. I've been using it daily since I've received Supernova and still have probably 1/4 of the bottle left and would say that a bottle should last around 45-60 days which is highly varied based on application. Over time I ended up just using enough of the product to apply a thin layer throughout my midsection and didn't really measure anything out specifically.

I typically used Supernova upon entering the gym prior to my workouts and would apply the solution to my midsection just before going onto the gym floor. It initially hits you with a cool, menthol-like sensation that lingers for around 30 minutes till it goes away. After hitting a few sets of exercises I would noticed that I had seriously pronounced sweating compared to normal. I also noticed that the work I had to do to induce a sweat was significantly reduced. I definitely noted some thermogenic properties from Supernova as well but none of which were too overbearing and is likely the culprit for the primary fat burning potential of the product. I did have to bring a change of clothes to the gym following each and every workout because I was literally getting soaked after my cardio sessions. One of the things that I did notice from using Supernova is that since the lotion is very dark colored, if you wear a light colored shirt or tank then the lotion can cause a pretty unsightly stain but I learned my lesson after the first time it happened. Thankfully the scent of the product acts as an enforcer to deodorant despite the fact that it makes you sweat more and thus stink more. I did thoroughly enjoy using Supernova and have been ahead of my usual schedule for cutting concerning weight loss and overall visual tone around the midsection (went from around 185->178 in about a months time) and I'm sure that this product is the one of the main reasons for those results in conjunction with a modified diet.

I checked online and was able to find Supernova for $50 or $85 for a 2-pack. It's really hard to note the value of this product because it doesn't give you any specific ingredient amounts so you don't truly know EXACTLY what you're getting but it does feel like it works and I guess that at the end of the day that's what we as customers really care about. If you pick up the single bottle you'll likely be spending right around $1 per serving but I'd splurge on the 2-pack just because there's a big price difference.

Side Effects

Potentially stained light colored T-shirts, other then that no adverse effects from using Supernova unless you don't enjoy the menthol like feeling you get when applying.

Conclusion

Evomuse appears to be a top contender in the topical supplement department, which I believe is a brilliant business decision because there are so few rival products to compete against. They definitely appear to know their stuff when it comes to the fat burner department considering that they have at least 5 different topical fat burner blends that I wish were a bit more detailed with how they really differ rather than cool names. I did have a great experience with Supernova despite a couple stained shirts, that were easily cleaned from a laundry session. I wish that they noted ingredient amounts in their label because even proprietary blends at least give you a blend dosage but it's completely absent here. I do know that the stuff works though and I was content with its effectiveness. For fitness lovers that are curious about the topical side of the supplement world and want something that kicks a bit harder than Sweet Sweat, I'd say to give Supernova a shot just make sure you wear a dark shirt :] Cheers Fellas!

July 17, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Reduces Fat
  • Increases Definition
  • Does Not Burn
  • Little Brown Clumps

Hello again, SR family! I'm back with another review. This time it's Evomuse's topical fat burner, Supernova. I've always been skeptical about the effectiveness of topical fat burners, and had this TROOP offer been from a company other than Evomuse, I would have passed on it. Why? Dsade, or Matt (his government name) runs Evomuse, and although he may be fairly new to the SR family, he is a well-respected veteran of other forums. Matt provides a plethora of knowledge with regards to exercise physiology, and his products WORK! Trust me; I've used quite a few. Needless to say, I was stoked to give Supernova a shot. Thanks again, Dsade, for supporting the TROOPs and welcome to the SR family.

(8.5)
I normally have issues with ingredient amounts not being fully disclosed on the label. However, I'll give Supernova a pass with this. The ingredient list is quite long, and I'm not going to list and scrutinize each one. However, getsupps.com has the full ingredient listing here: http://www.getsupps.com/EvoMuse-Eviscerate-SuperNova-p/supernova.htm

Two noteworthy ingredients that Matt added are Caffeine Anhydrous and Rosehips Extract. Matt explained to me that this was because when Supernova was in its beta stage, many testers complained about the Yohimbine HCL causing water retention. The caffeine and rosehips are great diuretics and work nearly perfectly in this formula.

The label instructions state that you need to shower and exfoliate before using, and then apply a silver dollar sized amount to your midsection. It is important that you exfoliate because if you don't, Supernova will do it for you, and you'll be left with clumps of skin and Supernova all over your floor and midsection. When applied immediately after a shower, you feel a cooling/warming sensation, kind of like Icy Hot, but not as intense.

(8.5)
As I stated before, I was skeptical, but I've trusted Evomuse's other products. So does it work? You bet it does! The mirror and tape measure, not the scale, tell the story. The first week was probably a bunch of water weight lost, because I was peeing like crazy and I lost 8 pounds. I actually thought that it was a digital scale typo, but as the weeks wore on, my peeing was less frequent and I gained a few of those pounds back. All in all, I lost 6 and a half pounds and a full inch off my waist. My abs popped a little more than normal, and my love handles look more like love knobs now...lol. Supernova didn't have any effects on me performance wise, meaning my lifts and energy levels stayed the same. However, it should also be noted that Supernova worked without me having to do any excess cardio or making any drastic changes to my diet.

(7)
The cheapest I could find Supernova was on Ebay for 43 bucks. Elsewhere, it can be purchased from 45-50 bucks. This doesn't represent a GREAT value per se, but the price is still palatable and there are many workout fanatics (like me) who would gladly spend a few extra dollars on something that works, and Supernova DOES work...

Side Effects

Conclusion

Dsade is swinging for the fences with his product line. It's great to see products designed by athletes for athletes. Supernova is just one of many Evomuse products that are cutting edge and not cookie cutter. It is a little on the pricey side, but I don't mind spending a few extra dollars on a product that delivers.