Ranks #9 (better than 92%)
In: Weight Loss > Thermogenics

Reclaim is a Thermogenic Weight Loss Product manufactured by Outbreak Nutrition. It increases the body's temperature and raises metabolism, helping to burn more calories and assist with fat loss.

Weight Loss > Thermogenics

July 10, 2017

• Solid Thermo Effect
  • Lack Of Availability

I'd like to sincerely apologize to Outbreak Nutrition for taking so long on this review. I've had a lot of personal stuff going on and at times life seemed turned upside down. Thankfully I'm back for good now and hope to provide some helpful reviews for the SR family. Thanks to Outbreak Nutrition for sending this out and being patient, it is truly appreciated.

8.5/10
Oubtreak Nutrition packs a fair amount of effective ingredients in a 5.5g scoop. I'll be breaking them down below but at first glance it looks to be effective and devoid of pointless ingredients like Raspberry Ketones.

Acetyl-L-Carnitine HCL (ALCAR) is included at 1 gram. ALCAR is typically billed as helping weight loss by promoting fat as an energy source for mitochondria. While this may be theoretically true, the results seem to be lacking. That doesn't mean ALCAR's inclusion here is useless for fat loss, however. ALCAR can help improve insulin sensitivity (always a good thing when overweight), promote cognition, and combat fatigue. The insulin sensitivity properties alone make it worthy of including in a fat burning supplement. The ability to promote focus and combat fatigue make ALCAR's inclusion even more welcomed since dieting can result in mental fogginess and lethargy. Additionally, the increased activity that may result from ALCAR supplementation could help with fat loss. While that may rely on using the transitive property, it is still an important connection to make. With an efficacious dose range of 630mg-2,500mg, 1 gram is a respectable dose.

L-Tyrosine is included at 500mg. L-Tyrosine is stimulatory to a degree and is metabolized to produce the neurotransmitters dopamine and noradrenaline, but studies seem to show that supplementation produces lackluster results in increasing the amounts of neurotransmitters in the body. L-Tyrosine may also help alleviate some acute stress (notably memory deficits) which may be helpful during dieting periods. According to Examine, it is also structurally similar to thyroid hormones which may explain its inclusion in fat loss supplements. I have no idea if there is any relation between L-Tyrosine intake and thyroid hormone levels but I felt like it was worth mentioning. With an efficacious dose range of 7g-10g for 150b person this dose seems to be lacking. However, such an amount would be somewhat absurd in a blend like this. Anecdotal evidence suggests a range of 500mg-2000mg which would put this at the bare minimum. Thus, while this dose could be higher, it at least satisfies the anecdotal threshold.

Caffeine is included at 300mg. Caffeine is a stimulant that promotes mental cognition, increases metabolism, and even increases strength. The degree of these effects depend on multiple variables such as genetics, tolerance, dose, etc. At 300mg, this is a solid dose that may even be considered too strong for some. Personally, I think this is right in the upper limit of the Goldilocks zone.

Coleus Forskohlii is included at 100mg with a 20% forskolin content. Coleus Forskohlii is thought to promote fat loss and testosterone production, and may even have anti-inflammatory and anti-cancer properties. From what I understand, the jury is still out on this but it couldn't hurt to include. Additionally, Forskolin also increases cAMP levels, which is associated with fat loss. With an efficacious dose of 500mg at 10% Forskolin content (50mg), this comes up short. However, given the lack of scientific consensus on dosing and effects there is a little more leeway here.

Rhodiola Rosea standardized for 3% salidrosides is included at 150mg, or 4.5mg salidrosides. Rhodiola Rosea helps combat fatigue and alleviate stress. While it may help with fatigue resulting from physical exertion, it seems to be best for fatigue resulting from other stressors. I'm no doctor or scientist but perhaps this could help with the fatigue and stress resulting from periods of dieting. Efficacious doses range from 288mg-680mg standardized for 1% salidrosides or 3% rosavins. Given that the salidroside content in this dose range is 2.88mg-6.8mg, 4.5mg comes in right in the middle.

Juglans Regia Bark Extract is included at 80mg. I had to go to less credible sources to learn about this ingredient so I take all the purported effects with a grain of salt. The bark extract is thought to have anti-bacterial, anti-cancer, and anti-inflammatory effects among others. Outbreak claims to use this as a source of 2-amino-5-methylheptane which is better known as DMHA. As a powerful stimulant, DMHA is known to increase energy and thereby mental cognition and suppress appetite. This is likely why it is included here and with an efficacious dose limit of 75mg of DMHA, the 80mg of Juglans Regia Bark Extract likely provides a fair amount.

Teacrine (Theacrine) is included at 50mg. It is thought to have similar effects to caffeine without being subject to tolerance buildup. It also claimed to have anti-inflammatory, detoxification, and mood-boosting properties. While doses up to over 300mg have been shown to be safe, given the other stimulants in this product 50mg seems to be a fair amount.

Capsimax (capsicum) is included at 50mg. Capsicum is the chemical found in peppers that cause that burning sensation. It has been shown to increase metabolic rate and even promote insulin release from the pancreas at high doses. Here it is likely included for the metabolic effects. While 50mg is a lot less than a dedicated capsaicin supplement it is a nice inclusion nonetheless.

Actigin (Panax Notoginseng and Rosa Roxburghii) is included at 25mg. Action is thought to help reduce inflammation and boost endurance and recovery. These benefits are always welcome when dieting. Actigin may also have antioxidant properties. It is typically dosed at 50mg so there is half the dose here. Given that this is not a dedicated actigin supplement, 25mg is not too bad - especially if you take other products with it, which seem to be more and more popular these days.

Finally Synephrine (Citrus Aurantium) is included at 30mg. Synephrine is supposed to have similar effects to Ephredrine but be less potent. The main reason to take Ephedrine/Synephrine in this case is for the metabolic effects (increases metabolic rate) and appetite suppression. That is most definitely welcomed in a fat burning supplement. Efficacious doses range from 10-20mg 3 times a day. At 30mg once a day this is equal to taking the minimal efficacious doses all at once. Perhaps this is not ideal but it is surely better than just taking 10mg once.

Ultimately, while some doses are a bit under or just meeting the threshold for efficacious dose ranges, the long list of synergistic ingredients helps balance this out. Sure, there is room for improvement but this is a solid profile nonetheless.

I received the Tropical Ginger Twist flavor. I had read about the spiciness of the flavor (from the capsaicin) but took it with a grain of salt. At first, I didn't notice it too much and kind of liked the flavor. Half-way into the bottle I noticed it more and more. This may have been purely psychological but towards the end of my run I dreaded taking Reclaim because of the spiciness. Perhaps the other flavors are better but based off my experience with this flavor alone I'd suggest removing the capsaicin or (if you're a consumer) trying a different flavor.

Mixability was great. I mixed one scoop with 8-12oz of water and there was only minimal residue leftover each time.

Dosing is pretty easy. Outbreak suggests taking 1 scoop with a light meal. Personally, I stuck to this rule of thumb most of the time but also experimented with it as a pre workout. I do not suggest taking this without a meal because capsaicin burns too much.

I have been looking for a fat-burning powder to replace the OG Alphamine since PEScience changed the formula. I mention this because I use this as a baseline of sorts for fat-burning powders. The main things I look for are appetite suppression, energy, and fat loss.

Reclaim mildly suppressed my appetite. It was not akin to ephedrine, for example, but it was definitely noticeable. I'd illustrate the difference in snack consumption. Without Reclaim I could (and would) eat about 3 snacks between meals throughout the day. While there is nothing inherently wrong with this, snacks are the bane of my existence when dieting. Cutting back snack consumption is a great way to cut caloric consumption and thereby lose weight. With Reclaim, I'd still have a snack (or maybe two when I felt like I was starving or had an extremely long day) throughout the day, but definitely not 3 or more. Additionally, the snacks were usually smaller (e.g. an apple instead of a mini-meal). For comparison's sake, with something like ephedrine I could cut my snacking to 1 snack maximum with minimal effort.

With DMHA, caffeine, and teacrine, there was little doubt in my mind that I'd be left disappointed in the energy department. Sure enough, after each scoop I'd have a nice energy rush for about 4-5 hours. I'd typically take this at lunch (noon) and feel great until my class ended at 5:00pm at which point I needed another pick me-up. I was never too jittery or anything of the sort, either, which is always a plus with stimulants.

Perhaps the most important of all, however, is the resulting fat loss. After all, this is a fat burning supplement. While my diet was not always perfect since I took advantage of free work lunches (which are not always super nutritious) more than once, I still noticed some fat loss. After an entire bottle I lost 5 pound, some of which was undoubtedly water weight. In my opinion, pounds lost is not as important as your appearance in the mirror. In this regard, I noticed slightly more abdominal definition. Nothing mind-blowing but a little more defined/clear. Definitely better than nothing. Could it be better? Sure. However, I take some blame (due to my diet) and I am therefore pretty happy with the results. If I gave it 100% I'm sure I could I lost a little more/looked a little better.

I found this for $35 plus shipping for 30 servings. At a little over $1 a serving, it is a decent price. My rating here is more reflective of the lack of availability, however. I could only find this at a few places, namely TigerFitness and Outbreak's own website. I could not find it on Amazon nor Bodybuilding.com. I'd have rated this closer to a 9 if it had better availability but for someone like myself who doesn't shop at TF that much, the need to place multiple orders at different sites means shipping costs add up. Plus, convenience of a one-stop shop is always nice. If you do your shopping at TF, however, this is certainly a better buy.

Side Effects

8.5/10
I experienced some heartburn due to the capsaicin content, especially when taken without a meal. I also experienced some warmth due to the capsaicin but this is more welcomed than it is hated.

Conclusion

I got to a 8 overall score by averaging all the ratings to get a 7.8 and then adding .2 to the score because I feel that the effectiveness is worth a little more than the taste. All in all, this is a good fat-burning powder contender but I probably won't make it a staple due to the spicy taste and heartburn I experienced. If you can stomach the spice, then I'd definitely suggest trying it out.

Advertisement:
Members don't see ads: Join SR for Free

April 24, 2017

• Capsimax Spice

I want to thank Outbreak Nutrition for giving me this opportunity to review Reclaim. This is my second review I've done for Outbreak Nutrition, I reviewed Antidote and saw good results. Basically I used Reclaim as a pre-workout on training days and in the mornings on non-training days. During this review I was training days a week while focusing on a more leaner diet cutting calories.

Claim: Outbreak Reclaim is the ultimate fat-stripping formula for post-apocalyptic survivors who don't want to get left behind.

The ingredient profile is fully transparent containing ten main ingredients. There has been plenty of reviews and Outbreak lists the ingredient descriptions on their website. I won't go over every ingredient but I'll go over a few that I think are important. First and foremost this formula contains 300mg of caffeine which is known more for increasing energy. However caffeine also plays a role with thermogenesis, a study done by NCBI reports caffeinemay promote thermogenesis in the treatment of obesity. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2912010

Another ingredient that I think is important is Rhodiola rosea extract. When reducing calories or looking to lean out you may endure some stress or fatigue. This ingredient is an adaptogen to help with reduce stress/mental fatigue all-while helping increase athletic performance. The third and final ingredient that I thought was important was the Choleus Forskohlii root also known as a labdane diterpene. Basically this ingredient enhances liposys and reduces appetite. https://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/WeightLoss-HealthProfessional/

Taste - Outbreak offer three different flavors and I received the Dark Berry Blend. This has a really strong taste but I can't complain about this flavor. There is a mix of flavors like raspberry/blueberry and etc.... however I'd give this taste an 8/10.

Mixability - There was some settlement at times which led to a spicy taste from the Capsimax. When that wasn't the case there weren't any other issues I noticed.

Dosing - I used this like a pre-workout however I made sure to do so on an empty stomach. Took one scoop and mixed it with 8oz of water and usually chugged it down about 30 min before training. On non training days I took Reclaim first thing in the morning with an empty stomach.

To judge the effectiveness of Reclaim I'm going to use a few categories....

Energy - This produced a pretty good energy boost without the cracked out feeling. The energy lasted for a while and there was no crash later on, this felt more like an alert feel.

Thermo/Fat Loss - Definitely kicked in during my workouts, I was sweating buckets and felt like I was working out in a swamp. With the help of Reclaim I lost 4lbs after 30 days and dropped 1 pants size around the waist. Wasn't expecting this much in 30 days but I'll take it.

Appetite Suppression - I did notice I wasn't having my normal cravings while on my diet. This didn't last all day but it did last 4-5 hours and got me through dinner to my normal bed time.

The cheapest value I could find was on the Outbreak Nutrition website for around $35. Per serving this leads to around $1.17, considering the effectiveness I'd say this is a pretty good value.

Side Effects

Conclusion

In conclusion this is a solid fat-burner that does work if you have the right diet/training regimen. I would definitely recommend Reclaim to those looking for an out of the box fat burner.
  • Dark Berry Blend : 8/10

Advertisement:
Members don't see ads: Join SR for Free

March 13, 2017

• Solid Thermo Effect
  • Capsimax Spice

My 4th product from outbreak, and like very few other brands if something from them comes up then I'm going to grab it and find a way to work it into my stack.

A well rounded and fully disclosed blend here, I think I'm the 4th or 5th review so I wont go real deep into the ingredients, but ill just go over what I think is important. Starts out with a hefty dose of 300mg of caffeine which seems like a pretty good chunk especially if you plan on using this in the morning and something else for a later day preworkout, and 50mg of theacrine which is a newer stimulant that is said to not build up a tolerance like caffeine. 1 gram of Carnitine HCl for fat loss a nice full amount for this. Lastly you have capsimax a type of pepper extract that is pretty common these days in fat burners and something I don't really care for because of the effect it has not only on the taste but the occasional heartburn

I received Dark Berry Blend and like all the other products I have tried this was top notch it was a stronger type of taste but pleasant. Like a raspberry/pomegranate type taste, the only problem I had like I mentioned in the ingredients the capsimax made the last couple of sips peppery/spicy.
Mixing was never a problem and I took this in the AM immediately upon waking with a bottle of water followed by breakfast 30mins to an hour later

This is a thermogenic compound so most people will use this for fat loss or to take their pants down a size or two. I have been bulking all winter and I wanted to add a little cardio into my workouts to sweat a little without losing any gains or spending a lot of time warming up.
For energy this stuff was money, I haven't drank coffee in awhile, but this stuff seemed to perform much better than coffee. I was awake and alert almost immediately after drinking and I stayed fairly energized until after lunchtime without a crash, just a gradual letdown.
Thermogenic properties were there, but not the best I have experienced, it was slightly hit or miss. I had a few days where I could feel warm and got a little flush. During my workouts when I did an AM workout though I noticed I started to sweat much faster than usual and my shirt would be drenched by the time I finished which is impressive because regardless of heat and activity I usually don't sweat much at all.

$35 for 30 servings of a fully dosed product is solid when it delivers like this one did.

Side Effects

Occasional Heartburn and spicy burps from the capsimax

Conclusion

I really enjoyed this product and I feel like if I was on a stricter cutting diet then this would have been great. Like all the other outbreak products I have used I looked forward to drinking this every day, and finding a solid powdered fat burner is important to me since I do have serious problems swallowing pills. Thanks to OUtbreak for their continued participation in the TROOP program and for sending this out.
  • Dark Berry Blend : 8/10

March 11, 2017

• Martinirific Flavor Name

Gilla is leaving his winter bod behind and training for his first half marathon. He needs to rid that coat.

It's a stim thermo extravaganza.

The stim blend contains the old dog, Caffeine. The guy who was once revolutionary, but still trying to stick around, Synephrine. And the new hot stud Quarterback, Theacrine. Between the 300 mg of caffeine, 30 mg of Synephrine and 50mg of Theacrine...they got you covered bro.

It's also got it's "fat loss" goodies, Carnitine (1G), Forskolin (100mg) and Capsimax(50 mg) to keep you sweating and leave you not so hungry.

Overall it's a pretty common group of ingredients that are pretty decently dosed.

Cheerio again to Outbreak for the FULL disclosure.

I received "Tropical Ginger Twist". This is company with a "Zombie Apocalypse" theme. When I hear "Tropical Ginger Twist", I think of a drink that a 5 foot tall 90 lb broad would order in a club. "Yo these Zombies are coming, d00ds. Let's all drink some of this 'Tropical Ginger Twist' to help us out!" I'm not a fan of gimmicks, but if you are going with a theme go with something like "Survival Sauce" or something... wussy name aside, this Ginger Twist was pretty nice. It had quite a spicy kick to it, which I think was a combination of the "ginger" and the capsimax. It was like a spicy fruit punch, thankfully it was lacking in the "tropical". I did enjoy the flavor.

1 scoop. Mixed fine.

When it comes to fat burners, you want to things. You want energy and you want to sweat...

Energy - The stim city blend was pretty nice. I always took this in the morning before a workout and it kicked me into gear within about 10 minutes. It wasn't the coked out standard that "Yeeaahhh Buddy!" set that I don't know any product will be able to replicate, but it was a decent kick in the pants. The energy sustained throughout long cardio workouts. 90 minutes of cardio would go by just fine with no intra-workout drag. There was not an intense DMAA crash I've experienced lately in other products. Good stuff.

Sweat - That heavy dose of capsimax is both present and it works. Within about 15 minutes of a cardiopalooza, I was sweating nice and thickly. It was the intense sweat that had me doing my own little wet T-Shirt contest thing going on. I love that! Each workout gave me that decent moist soakage that I dig.

One area I sort of look for in thermos that I didn't get a great vibe from, was Focus. Cardio sucks. You know it, I know it. You hate it, I hate it. So I like a thermo that gets me into that euphoric state of mine which makes me not think about how much I hate it. I can say that while taking this product, I was reminded that I hate cardio every time. Each iteration of Cellucor's "Super HD" nails this aspect. I never endorse companies stealing stuff from each other, but...

Overall, I dumped a bit of my water/carb bloat which was my goal. I wasn't looking for a specific poundage loss, so it worked for what I wanted it to.

Currently only on sale direct from retailer for $35 for 30 servings. This is a fair price. Like Antidote, this is definitely a decent price for direct from retailer sales.

Side Effects

Conclusion

The thermo market is crowded and Outbreak puts another decent contender in this department. If you are feeling like sipping some "Tropical Ginger Twists" with all of your bros, it's a nice addition to your cardio aresenal.

March 2, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Appetite Control
  • Burn Fat
  • Mixability Of Capsimax

Hey SR, here to write a review for Outbreak Nutritons thermogenic Reclaim. I have been cutting for about 30 years now (only about a year, but seems that long as frustration builds with the ACL reconstruction). During that time I have used a lot of fat burners. I can say this was pretty unique and enjoyable. On to the review.

Props to Outbreak for having a 100% fully disclosed label which I have attached. I feel this is important especially for fat burners, you need to know efficacious doses and stim amounts. You have some well known ingredients in this, some newer ones, and they are all in good amounts. Starting off, this is has a full gram of Carnitine, which is rare unless it is a carnitine supplement. For stims we have 300 mg caffeine, 50 mg of Teacrine, and a newer stim in juglans regia. For metabolism suppport we have bitter orange, actigin, forskolin, and rhodiola roses. For thermogenic effect we have 50 mg of Capsimax. Overall, a very solid profile for a fat burner and I was excited to try it.

I had the Dark Berry blend and it was very enjoyable. I prefer powders as I feel they are more satiating so this was a plus for me. I like different flavors and this was like a dark raspberry/mixed berry deal. Had some dyes which I don't like though. Dosing is on an empty stomach preferrably in the morning. I took this first thing in the morning usually however I did sometimes take this as a preworkout as well. The biggest gripe here is the mixability. It says to mix and drink within 15 minutes of mixing. I believe the reason for this is that if it settles, you get pretty much all of the Capsimax at once. I would get a burning sensation on my lips, tongue, and mouth if I let this sit too long. What's weird about this, is I liked it. I'm originally from Indiana, meat and potatoes country, and sometimes brown mustard is a little spicy. Even though I got the spice hit, I kind of looked forward to it. Weird I know, but definitely worth noting.

Well, this worked very well. I'll break it down by ingredient category:

Energy: with the caffeine, teacrine, and other stims this definitely gave me a great boost, especially in the morning. Woke me up, kept me going and energized. When I took this preworkout and did some circuit training and/cardio it definitely gave me energy and got the heart pumping.

Appetite control: crushed it. Wouldn't even begin to get hungry until the afternoon. This really helped keep cravings down and my macros under control. This is a huge factor when I look at fat burners.

Focus: I'd say this gave me stim focus, but nothing like nootropic good mood feeling. Maybe some room for improvement here.

Thermogenic: when I took in the morning I didn't get a thermo effect. When taken in conjunction with working out though I did sweat some more than usual.

Weight loss: because this got my heart beating and burning some extra calories, and my appetite was lesser where I could stay in a caloric deficit, I lost about 4-5 lbs while on this. Doesn't seem like a lot but after cutting for so long I do t have much left to lose and my body is really holding on to the last lbs. I was very happy with how this performed and how it helped me.

Hard to find, this is $35 for 30 servings. For a good fat burning powder this is a good deal.

Side Effects

Spicy lips. Weird, but enjoyable.

Conclusion

If you are looking to try a new fat burner, especially a powder that's pretty unique, I'd give this a try. I'll buy this again.

March 1, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Burn Fat
  • Appetite Control
    What's up brothers and sisters of the world we call SR! I would like to say thank you for Outbreak Nutrition and the Trooper program for allowing me to try Reclaim. I don't use too many fat burners since, sometimes, they make me feel to cracked out or it makes me sweat while just sitting at my desk at work; which the boss thinks I am on meth or something. When I saw Reclaim come up, I wanted the opportunity to try it since I have not taken a powder form of a fat burner. So, did Reclaim claimed some of the fat off me? Let us find out

I like the profile right off the back, fully disclosed, which is great to see Outbreak Nutrition is transparent in their ingredients. Reclaim comes with 300 mg of caffeine and 25 mg of Actigin, per serving; just to name a few of the goodies in Reclaim. The following are other goodies that Reclaim contains:

Juglans Regia Extract - This is another name for Amp Citrate or DHMA, its cousin; there is 80 mg pre-serving. As we know, this is an effective energy booster that is added to most of the new pre-workouts in the market today.

Capsimax - there is 50 mg in Reclaim, which is also known as chili pepper; this helps with circulation and assist in thinning your blood, most likely to assist the body to absorb Reclaim faster, just like Aspirin.

Taste - Reclaim was not a bad tasting product, as always, for me, I do not care what it taste like, as long as it works.

Mix - Reclaim mixed well, no settlement at the bottom of the shaker and no foaming as well.

Dosing - I took 1 scoop, which is one serving in the am and sometimes in the early part of the afternoon on the weekend

I really enjoyed running Reclaim, for my first powder fat burner, I was pleased. Despite have 300 mg of caffeine, it did not give me that crazy cracked out feeling. Despite the thermogenic properties, on days where I did not workout with it, I never felt too hot, just a little warm and fuzzy lol! However, on mornings where I did cardio when taking Reclaim, that is when the thermogenic kicked it and the sweating was on.

When it came to suppressing my appetite, it worked nicely, it was not like a complete apocalyptic suppressing which I normally would get with some of the past fat burners with Amp Citrate; however, it would control me for a couple of hours. In my opinion, some fat burners kill your appetite too much where you feel nausea and your insulin levels dropped since you have not eaten enough calories to maintain yourself, which is counterproductive to what you are trying to achieve; being in a state of cannabolic is not the best way to lose weight.

As for the weight lost, I was able to shed a solid 5lbs during my run and an inch or 2 from my waist; I am proud to say, I am back to being a 36 inch waist in my jeans! In addition, I was able to see more definition in the chest, face, and abs; this is how a fat burner to me, should work!

Value - Reclaim is priced at $34.99 on Outbreak's website, this is a good value considering what you get with Reclaim and 30 servings; the price point is very competitive to other powder fat burns on the market.

Side Effects

None to speak of

Conclusion

At the end of the run on Reclaim, I have to say, I was pleased with the results, considering this was my 1st powder fat burner that I have ran. Outbreak has a good fat burner product, which is competitive, priced right, and have the coolest labels in the market. I will be looking forward to picking up another tub of Reclaim right after my current bulk cycle ends.