(Better than 52% in Weight Loss > Thermogenics)

PRICES
(110 gm) - [$0.34/gm]

Alpha Lion
Alpha Shredder is a Thermogenic Weight Loss Product manufactured by Alpha Lion. It increases the body's temperature and raises metabolism, helping to burn more calories and assist with fat loss.

September 30, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Drop Water Weight
  • Caffeine Dosage On High Side

Fat burners are something that I have taken over the years with minimal success. This is mostly because I don't always alter my diet and rely too heavily on the fat burner. So, when Alpha Shredder came up for review I decided that this time I would alter my diet while I took it. Here is the review.

Each bottle of Alpha Shredder contains 30 servings that consist of three capsules. Each three pill serving contains vitamin B6 at 1.4 mg and vitamin B12 at 23 mcg. I will note that the B12 is in the prefered methylcobalamin form. Following these there is 300 mg of caffeine anhydrous, which increases energy and has fat burning effects. I will note that for me this was a high dose especially when factoring in the dosing (3-6 pills per day). The next ingredient is 650 mg of L-Carnitine, which the major fat burning claim with that is turning fat cells into energy. I would have rather seen a different form of L-Carnitine such as ALCAR or LCLT. This is followed by green tea extract at a 250 mg dosage. The main benefits to green tea extract is fat burning and antioxidant effects. The next ingredient is green coffee bean extract at 200 mg dose. The main thing with green coffee bean extract is chlorogenic acid, which has been shown to reduce body weight in overweight people. Next, you have cayenne pepper at 75 mg dosage, which has been shown to have fat burning properties and fight inflammation. This is followed by 50 mg of Advantra Z, which is a patented fat burning ingredient containing citrus aurantium also referred to as bitter orange extract. This has been shown to improve athletic performance, stimulate thermogenesis, reduce weight, and suppress appetite. The next ingredient is 8 mg of yohimbine HCL, which is shown to increase fat loss and improve men's libido. I will note that the dose here is high since many solo yohimbine HCL products only contain 2.5 mg while this has 8. Bioperine is the next ingredient at a 5 mg dosage and the main benefit here is increased absorption of the other ingredients. The last three ingredients include 200 mg of dandelion root, which is a diuretic. Matcha green tea at a 200 mg dosage and MCT oil at a 200 mg dosage.

Overall, I liked the ingredient profile but I do think for me personally the caffeine content was too high. The yohimbine dosage could be a problem for some especially when using max dosage since it would end up being 16 mg. I know I would side effects at that dosage.

Taste and mixability do not apply to this product. In terms of dosing, I mostly used three pills per day, either all at once or spread out. I prefered to do two in the AM and then one late morning. This would allow me to still use my preworkout later in the day without consuming too much caffeine. I did attempt the maximum dosage "for best results" according to Alpha Lion but it was too much. So, I stuck to the three per day.

Throughout the course of the bottle my macros were roughly 2057 calories, 57g of fat, 207g of carbohydrates and 179g of protein. They were a little higher at the start of the bottle but lowered as I was using it. I started at 225 and ended the bottle at 218. I was happy with this since I did go on vacation towards the end of the bottle. While on vacation I did not track my macros but instead made healthy eating choices. So, I was happy with the seven pounds that I lost. I do wonder though how much of it was actual water weight due to the diuretic in the product. My clothes were looser and I would estimate that I dropped a half a pant size. I do think that I may have gained some weight back on vacation but the product was still effective.

I did use this a couple of times before fasted cardio. I definitely had an energy boost and sweat quite a bit. I only used this for gym cardio, which consists of 15 min on treadmill, elliptical, and stairmaster for a total of 45 minutes. I noticed that I felt like I could push myself a little harder due to the energy I had with Alpha Shredder. I did feel a little dehydrated after these cardio sessions probably due to the combination of the sweat and diuretic. I did try this once running on the trail but I had to cut the run short because I felt too dehydrated. I think that was a combination of this product and the amount of water I drank prior to the run. Overall, I did like it for cardio in an air conditioned environment.

Alpha Shredder retails for $37.99 making it $1.26 per serving. I do think that the price for this is fair since similar botique fat burners are around the same price. What I mean by boutique is a fat burner that is not widely available mostly sold on their own websites. Granite Supplements Lipocalypse is $49.99 making it $1.66 per serving (they recently raised the price of this by $14 for some reason). GHOST Infrared goes for $44.99 making it $1.49 per serving. Staunch Nutrition Burning Man goes for $39 making it $1.30 per serving. So, when comparing Alpha Shredder to other boutique fat burners it is quite competitive. Now, you can get fat burners for a lot cheaper on bodybuilding.com but to be honest they are rather cookie cutter. Look at the top fat burners on there and most are the "promoted" bodybuilding.com brands with sketchy reviews. Personally, I prefer to try the boutique fat burners and Alpha Shredder is definitely worth a try.

Side Effects

I had no side effects while taking this product.

Conclusion

Overall, Alpha Shredder is an effective fat burner. I lost seven pounds and about a half a pant size. I did go on vacation while taking the product so my results would have probably been better if I was home but I was still happy with the results. This is priced competitively when comparing it to other boutique fat burners and is actually cheaper than most of them. Thank you to Alpha Lion for sending out the product.

-Xcmiler

September 13, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Drop Water Weight
  • No Jitters

Intriguing profile with good reviews from previous members, so I decided to claim a bottle to finish off my summer cut.

Profile is broken up into three different matrices and they are all fully disclosed. The first matrix is the All Day Energy Matrix which contains 300 mg of caffeine and vitamins B6 and B12. The second matrix is the Fat Burning Machine Matrix with l-carnitine at 650 mg, green tea extract, green coffee bean extract, cayenne pepper, Advantra Z, yohimbine HCl and BioPerine. The cayenne will help with a thermo effect, Advantra Z and yohimbine HCl help with appetite suppression and BioPerine help with absorption. There is 8 mg per serving of yohimbine HCl, so be wary of that if you know you have issues with yohimbine. Finally there is the X Factor Matrix that should help as a diuretic and clean energy with dandelion root, matcha green tea, and MCT oil. Gelatin capsules which I am not a fan of; wish they went with vegetarian capsules.

Bottle states to take one serving (three caps) before breakfast and may take an additional serving after lunch. Do not take more than six caps a day.

Alright, well I decided to only take one dose a day because of the amount of caffeine this contained. I was already taking a high stim pre-workout, so I did not want to overdo it on the amount of caffeine I was taking. A full two servings of Alpha Shredder would bring you to 600 mg of caffeine per day alone, so I decided to just go with one serving a day.

I also did not take this prior to breakfast. My work schedule was crazy while I was taking this; I was working 8pm-4am five days a week the entire run of the bottle. Normally I would go to bed at 5am or so and wake up around 12pm, so I would not have breakfast. Instead, I would wake up and take my pre-workout immediately upon waking up and then hit the gym for an hour or two each day. Then I would split the dosage up during my shift to help keep me up at night. For the most part, I would go with one pill at 10pm, 12am, and 2am to get a continuous supply of caffeine through the shift. Sorry for the story, but just wanted to explain my situation.

Anyway, the first night I took this, I took three caps right before my shift. I had to finish a report from the night before, so I started in the air conditioned squad room. Within a few minutes, I was dripping sweat and I had no clue why. I just figured the air was not working properly, but no one else was sweating. I mean I was fully dressed with my vest on and everything, but I should not have been sweating that badly. A few hours later I remembered that I took this fat burner and it all made sense after that. That was another reason why I decided to split the dosage up. So this is definitely great from a thermo/diuretic aspect.

The energy I received from this was very clean even when I took all three caps at a time. It kept me alert throughout my shift and then I had no trouble going to sleep after it. I also did not feel overly hungry while taking Alpha Shredder, so I do think this has a pretty mild appetite suppression quality to it. Unfortunately, I never tracked my weight while taking this, but I definitely leaned up some. My abs showed a bit more and I looked a little more defined all around.

This is where this loses the most points. $35 for a month's worth (if you are only using one serving a day) is not awful given the ingredients in this, but if you are going to take a full two servings a day, this will run you 15 days. That makes it pretty expensive. If you wanted a full month's worth of this at a full two servings, it will run you $70. I would suggest starting with one dose a day, because you can get results with just one serving.

Side Effects

Noticed an increase in body temperature with a full dosage.

Conclusion

This was an effective fat burner at the end of the day. Proven, patented ingredients that are well dosed. The price may be the only thing setting this back at this point. Still would recommend this if you are in the market for a thermo.

August 29, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Drop Water Weight
  • No Jitters

Hello, SR Peeps! I'm back again with another review. This time, it's Alpha Lion's Fat burner Alpha Shredder. Those who know me know that I'm in a constant recomp phase; trying to gain quality muscle while staying as lean as possible. It's been an uphill struggle, but I have used some amazing products that delivered impressive results. Will Alpha Shredder be added to that list? Read on...

(8.5)
OK, so I really hate prop blends, unless the product actually works; then I'll give the company a pass. Kudos to Alpha Lion for the 100% disclosed label. Each ingredient is clearly listed, and overall, the ingredient profile looks pretty solid. Alpha Lion contains pretty much the same well-researched ingredients found in other fat burners, so there are no surprises or "newly discovered" or "previously unheard of" ingredients. Without going into too much detail (sorry, but I feel a little lazy right now), I'll just say that there are 13 ingredients on the label, and all of them have their respective amounts listed. One noteworthy ingredient is 300 mg of caffeine, more than enough, in my opinion, to provide an adequate energy boost. Carnitine, green tea, advantra z, cayenne, and yohimbine have also been added to assist in the fat burning process. After experiencing impressive results with Evomuse's Alpha Burn, I was hoping to see alpha yohimbine added, since there are quite a few people who experience negative side effects from yohimbine HCL. Alpha Shred contains 8 mg of the HCL form of yohimbine, so those who are sensitive to it may want to look elsewhere. Alpha Shred's secret weapon just may be its diuretic blend, combining dandelion root, mct oil, and matcha. This is a pretty solid ingredient profile aimed at attacking fat through multiple avenues.

No taste, one serving is 3 little green pills pills. The label says to take one serving before breakfast on an empty stomach, and for maximum results, Alpha Lion suggests taking an additional serving in the afternoon. This would actually make the bottle last about 2 weeks, so I went ahead and purchased another bottle, because I'm all about max results.

(7.5)
According to Alpha Lion's website, Alpha shred with have you diamond cut while providing all day energy, and enable you to say f*ck you to fat. Ambitious? very. Did it deliver? Well here's how I broke it down:

Energy--pretty solid boost of energy. I didn't crash, and the "all day" effect worked, kinda, when I added the afternoon serving.

Thermogenesis--I only felt a little extra heat during my workout. When i was at rest, however, I didn't really notice anything.

Appetite Suppressant-- A+ for this, even though there are no listed appetite suppressants on the label. I never felt hungry while taking this.

Diuretic Effect--This is where Alpha Lion truly shines. I got rid of excess water weight and looked a lot leaner with a little added vascularity.

Fat loss--I did lose some fat, but nothing up to par with, say, Neco-Adipem, Skald, or Alpha Burn. I did lose a decent amount (almost 4 pounds) of water weight.

(5)
Alpha Shred sells for about $35 pretty much everywhere, including Alpha Lion's website. As stated earlier in this review, each bottle contains 90 pills, which is fine if you can suffice taking just one serving daily. However, those of us looking for maximum effectiveness will no doubt opt to take an additional serving, which means only a 15 day supply and having to shell out an additional 35 bucks for another bottle. Even with all of the proven, effectively dosed ingredients, 70 dollars for a month is a tad much for me to buy this product.

Side Effects

None noted.

Conclusion

Alpha Shred is a decent product, not the best, but pretty effective nonetheless. The ingredient profile is solid and fully disclosed, it is a strong appetite suppressant and a great diuretic, but its price is what will keep me from purchasing it in the near future.

August 9, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Drop Water Weight
  • Smooth Energy

Hello hello. I had a wedding to attend last month and desperately wanted to try and shed a couple before it happened. I saw Alpha Shredder on the TROOP CP and instantly liked what I saw; a weight loss product with a solid, disclosed profile that I could take for the two weeks before the wedding. Thanks to Alpha Lion for sending this one out for some of us to try.

The ingredient profile gets a big old thumbs up from me. It is fully disclosed and for the most part properly dosed. It is an interesting mix of ingredients that help you burn fat and shed some excess water weight. Each serving comes in with 300mg of caffeine, which is a pretty good amount. At two servings a day, well, you can do the math there. Needless to say, I did not engage in any PWO products during this run. Even I have my limits with stims. You can take a look at the label to get all the little details, and also read the other two reviews as they did a nice job speaking to the profile. My reasoning for choosing this product was mostly what I saw in the Fat Burning Machine Matrix. It consists of L-Carnitine, which I have always repsonded well to, Green Tea Extract, Green Coffee Bean Extract, Cayenne Pepper, Advantra Z, Yohimbine HCI and Bioperine. All of it is reasonable dosed. The X-Factor Matrix helps with the water weight, which is Dandelion Root, Machta Green Tea and MCT Oil.

Even though these come in capsules, i did unfortunately have a little issue with taste. Im fairly confident that one of the capsules in my container had somehow opened up, because there was powder all over all the pills and a strong odor of green tea. Guess we know that ingredient was definitely in there. With all that residue, I'd have to take them with something flavorful to avoid the stinging of the Cayenne Pepper and the bitterness of the green tea. Not a big deal though as I'm sure it was a fluke. No one else mentioned it. In terms of dosing for best results, the instructions say to have one serving before breakfast and another after lunch. Do not exceed 2 servings per day. I stuck to that protocol.

Double thumbs up here. I binged this stuff (2 servings a day max) for the two weeks leading up to this wedding. I kept my diet in check and tried to exercise a couple times a week by doing cardio. These were two extremely busy weeks to the point where I didn't even get to the gym. With all that being said, I shed about 5-6lbs in a little over 2 weeks. As others have said, some if not a lot of that was definitely water weight, but I felt great and was fitting into my clothes real nice. The energy from Alpha Shredder was pretty smooth and laid back for 300mg of caffeine. It was never over the top and I never experienced any crazy crashes. I did not notice too much appetite suppression, probably a 5/10 for me. Energy levels stuck around throughout the day, but keep in mind I was on the two servings per day protocol. Never had any trouble sleeping either. This is how I prefer fat burners to be versus the one that instantly have you sweating through your underwear and running around like you're on drugs. I was actually pretty blown away when I stepped on a scale before the wedding.

With all that being said, my life has continued to be a mad house this summer and I think its safe to say I put the weight back on since then, which further leads me to believe Alpha Shredder has great water shedding properties. I would like to run two bottles of this stuff while going to the gym daily and eating perfectly. I think you could get some pretty insane results. I also think this would a good product for someone prepping for a show or something like that.

$34.95 for 90 capsules. This comes in as pretty average if you take one serving a day. When you bump up to two servings a day like I did, you are only looking at a 15 day supply (math?) which takes its value down significantly.

Side Effects

I didn't really notice anything. I am familiar with most of the ingredients and did not have any bad reactions.

Conclusion

I think that when Fall/Winter roll back around, I might grab two bottles of this stuff and go to town. In two quick weeks I saw some pretty significant changes physically, and that was without my normal workout routine. I look forward to hearing more from Alpha Lion and maybe seeing some more of their products pop up. Thanks for reading guys and gals!

July 15, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Drop Water Weight
  • Appetite Suppressant

Hey SR, here today to drop a review for Alpha Lion's fat burner called Alpha Shredder. Currently, I am cutting, about 160 lbs with an approximately 8-9% body fat percentage. I have been cutting ever since my ACL reconstruction surgery 7 months ago, and I have seen great results even though I have not been cleared to do the good cardio (HIIT, basketball, etc). I have been following the carb nite protocol, and I definitely look to fat burners to help in the process as I am stuck with the mst stubborn fat in the lower stomach love handle area. Fat burners are not miracle pills, but definitely look to them for help in certain areas. Let's see how Alpha Shredder stacks up to the rest.

First off, props for the 100% disclosed label. You can find the amount of each ingredient listed which is nice especially for a fat burner, and overall the profile looks very solid. A lot of ingredients you normally see in a fat burner with some good research behind them. For energy we have 300 mg of caffeine some B Vitamins. I have found I really like caffeine blends for extended release, but a 300 mg serving will help just about all of us. For metabolism and fat burning, we have the usual suspects of carnitine, green tea, advantra z, cayenne, and yohimbine. Some people have some negative side effects to yohimbine, so maybe would like to see alpha yohimbine or rauwolscine, and if you have had side effects to yohimbine you need to be careful as this does pack a healthy dosage of 8 mg. Then we have an X Factor blend which looks to me like a blend to serve as a diuretic and shed some water weight with dandelion root, mct oil, and matcha. As far as the other dosages, I would say they are fair, a little light on the green tea and carnitine at 250 mg and 650 mg respectfully. Overall, an ingredient profile with solid ingredients aimed at weight loss through several areas. Thumbs up.

No taste, one serving is 3 easy to swallow pills. Dosage is one serving before breakfast on an empty stomach, for best results take an additional serving in the afternoon. Pretty standard for fat burners so no real issue with the dosages. I took this one serving before breakfast for the first week, and then added the extra serving in the afternoon after that.

So this advertises you to be cut like a diamond, all day energy, and an f-you to fat. While we all are used to over the top advertising, I felt this was a solid product that shined in a couple areas in particular. I'll try to break it down.

Energy = solid, not stimmed out of your mind, no crash. I am pretty stim tolerant and this gave you a good boost, but I wouldn't say all day. When taking the two servings with one in the afternoon it helped.

Thermo = When I got a chance to take this before a workout I definitely sweated more and felt the thermo. Didn't really feel the body heat if taken away from my workout though.

Appetite Suppressant = Surprisingly, this was one of the best aspects of this. I don't see any ingredient that specifically targets this, but I really wasn't hungry while on my run of this especially when taking the two servings.

Water weight = Probably the strongest aspect of this. I did get rid of some excess bloat and water weight and was able to lean out some on this with some extra veinage in appearance.

Fat loss = So I have only the real stubborn fat left and not being able to hardcore cardio is hurting trying to get rid of it. I did lose a couple pounds of fat but nothing spectacular, but my run on this was pretty short as well (will talk about next). My diet was in check and I lost a couple pounds as I said, but I think it made me lose mostly water weight. For people that have a lot more to lose than I do I think it may have had better results as the appetite suppressant is probably the most helpful thing when trying to lose weight.

This sells for $35 and you receive 90 pills. If you can get by on one serving a day, I think it's a good value with all of the ingredients listed and effectiveness. If you go max dosage however which I did after the first week, you will get way less than a month. Since good fat loss takes time and training, this didn't last very long for me. At max dosage $35 is pretty steep and would make it hard for me to buy again.

Side Effects

Conclusion

I feel this fat burner has great ingredients, has some great qualities that aid in fat burning, but a little too expensive to run often.

July 10, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Smooth Energy
  • Drop Water Weight
    Alpha Lion has waited long enough for this review and I will do my best to provide them with a solid worth while review.
    This is packed with some great energy and fat burner ingredients and provides a great easy going energy that lasted for a good while.

Profile. 8.6
    Solid profile that comes fully disclosed in 3 different matrix blends.
    All day energy matrix.
    Caffieine anhydrous 300mg
    Pyridoxine HCI 1.4mg
    Methylcobalamin 23mcg

I will not spell out everything in the rest of the profile but I will add a pic of the label.
    But I will explain the high points.
    Green tea extract , Green Coffee bean extract ( which I am actually a big fan of ), Yohimbine HCI, Cayenne pepper, Advantra Z and even adding some Bioperine for absorption,
    They add one more matrix blend that makes up with Dandelion root and Matcha green tea and even MCT OIL.
    I will say that this gave me some of the better and smoother energy boosts I have had from a fat burner in a while.

Dosage
    3 pills ( as suggested ) and take additional for best results after lunch ( not to exceed 2 servings a day ( 6 pills ) )
    I never had any burbs or bad heartburn from these .

Energy 8
    Absolutely it was great for energy, actually I felt happy while taking these as well. I could take 3 pills before or after breakfast and it would last me way past lunch time for almost the whole bottle, but all good things never last forever and this proved to be the same for this.

Hunger suppression 6
    It helped for a while with my mid-morning cravings but I seemed to always be hungry then, but I was able to think about it a bit less while taking this.

Fat burning and leaning effect 7
    I do not think I melted away fat or like the advertising say's " F*uc* you fat " . But I did seem to look leaner and had veins showing more and some striations showing on my chest and shoulders while on this. I think most of that maybe from the added Diuretics. Now I did have some good success from taking green coffee extract so that actually dose seem to work for me as well.

Side effects
    I did seem to get nausea a couple times but I was never able to figure out what triggered it. I tried playing with the dose, Empty stomach, later in the day or a number of things. But I was never able to get a replay of the random nausea.

Value 8.5
    It is actually not a bad buy. Even with me only able to find it directly from Alpha Lion .
    For 35 bucks and a full 90 day supply I find this a very solid buy. With a decent profile and the leaning effects I was able to obtain I think this is a win.

Overall.
    I have no idea how new Alpha Lion is to supplements because I have not heard of them before this was up on the site. That said I think they have done some decent research and put together a decent product. I really like the added MCT oil and the Dandelion extract as I feel this helps shed the unwanted water weight bloat . This also has some great energy that did last a good while and I feel most should be able to get that feeling as well.

Thank you for being patient on the review.