(Better than 39% in Nutrient Repartitioners)

ActiGin is a Nutrient Repartitioner manufactured by NuLivScience. It is meant to help the body use the macronutrients of protein, carbohydrates and fats more efficiently.

Growth Enhancers > Nutrient Repartitioners

April 19, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Reduced Inflammation
  • Stackable
  • Increased Supplement Absorption
  • Nutrient Absorption
  • Improved Vascularity
  • A Bit Expensive

The goal of ActiGin is to improve recovery time by increasing glycogen delivery to muscles stressed during your workout. It should heighten the effects of your PWO and assist in creating a greater impact from other supplements. However, its benefits extend beyond just this based on my experience.

We all want to get our dollar's worth when we buy supplements; we all want to recover faster; ActiGin is like an insurance policy in a pill to help you accomplish both of these things. I'd like to thank NuLiveScience for participating on SR and say I definitely enjoyed running this once I got a handle on how to use it. There are definitely benefits that go beyond what's suggested by reading the directions on the bottle!

ActiGin has a very simple ingredient profile: a proprietary blend of Panax Notoginseng and Rosa Roxburghii with 100mg of the blend in each pill. These ingredients supposedly operate by reducing inflammation in the muscles, which in turn creates an opportunity for greater glucose absorption, which leads to more rapid recovery after working out.

No taste, no mixibility

Dosing as suggested is for the user to take 1 pill 30-minutes before their workout. Upon doing this initially I noticed I was experiencing rapid heart beat at times when I took this with SpectrumRx. I tried reaching out to the company for other ideas on using it and got a useless response, so I went on to experiment. What I found is that this also works very well as a nutrient repartitioner and that the pumps attained by taking an ActiGin followed by simple carbohydrates rivaled even the best pump products.

This definitely works! Let's get that out of the way first. Sometimes too well...

The first time I took it was with Spectrum Rx, a very powerful PWO. When I did that I started to notice my pulse fluctuating and starting to beat rapidly. This was obviously concerning, so I stopped that practice until I got used to ActiGin and had moved on to a less powerful PWO. Later on in my run I took it alongside Destine's Gold Dust as well as Nutrabio V5. I didn't have the same issue with either of those but did notice an increase in energy and vascularity on the days I took the ActiGin with them.

However, where ActiGin seemed to provide the most value was as a nutrient repartitioner. On multiple occasions I took this 10-15 minutes before eating carbs and noticed a massive increase in vascularity afterwards. This would happen regardless of whether I was working out, but was substantially more noticeable if I was. On a few days I went to the gym after work for a second session to do mainly calisthenics and shoulder rehab, and I took this then ate a tortilla or toast. When I did this I would have pronounced vascularity in both arms and through my shoulders-- more than what I typically see when supplementing Citrulline or Arginine. This was very impressive. I often eat pizza as my cheat meal on Friday night and normally wake-up bloated the next day. If I'd take the ActiGin prior to doing so, I'd have no bloating the next morning.

In terms of recovery, when taking this I noticed a decrease in DOMs, but not really a decrease in recovery time. That's a little confusing, but basically if I worked a muscle hard it wouldn't be as sore the next day but if I tried to push the same weight, I would struggle until it had the usual amount of recovery time. So, in a way it sort of masks your DOMs but it isn't going to eliminate them entirely.

If you don't take this on an empty stomach, don't expect any of the positive effects. The biggest takeaway is that this only worked when taken on an empty stomach to begin with.

Overall, very impressed.

Currently this is available on Amazon for $45. That provides you with 60 servings. I did find that effectiveness was tied to dose. 1 pill was effective, but 2 was noticeably MORE effective. For the most part I stuck with 1 pill per serving, but if I was really pigging out, I'd bump it to 2. Overall I think this is a decent value, but I do hope it drops to a lower price point to make it more viable as a staple component in my stack. Until it does, this will just be a once in a while supplement for me.

Side Effects

I did notice that when taking ActiGin I became dehydrated more easily. I was constantly thirsty and had to drink more water. If I didn't I'd end up with headaches. If you're going to supplement with this, be sure you track how much you're drinking and increase that amount from start to finish.

Conclusion

Go get it! I really enjoyed this and do plan to keep it on hand as something I take intermittently. It doesn't seem to require any kind of loading to be effective and really shines when used to assist you when you indulge in your cravings. I appreciated the diminished DOMs as well, but also feel that DOMs can be a useful guide in knowing what body parts need more attention or more recovery time.

Thank you again to NuLivScience. I really enjoyed this stuff and am looking forward to seeing where the company goes from here!

Advertisement:
Members don't see ads: Join SR for Free

7.1
  April 11, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Longer Sets
  • Higher Reps
  • Better Workouts
  • Stackable

What is going on guys? I have a review about a rather interesting supplement today, Actigin. It really caught my eye for it's marketed abilities to increase endurance. I would like to thank everyone at SR and NuLivScience for making this review possible.

1 pill = 100mg of Actigin
What is Acti-gin? Acti-Gin is a prop blend made from Panax NotoGinsing root (a Chinese herb) and Rosa roxburghii fruit. I'm not sure exactly how much of each ingredient is in Acti-gin because it's not listed.
What's it supposed to do? Reduce inflammation inside the muscle tissue and to increase glycogen delivery to the muscles. This will supposedly increase endurance and reduce muscle soreness.

There is no taste or mixing because this product is in a pill form. My dosage consisted of taking 1 pill per day 30 minutes before my workout as the bottle recommended and on days that I was not working out in some capacity (which is a rarity) I would take it right before bed in an effort to further reduce muscle inflammation and improve recovery. I would always wake up feeling a little more refreshed than the night before. The last week of my trial I upped the dosage to 200mg (2 pills) before every workout. That is when I really noticed the benefits of the product. Disclaimer: I used over 40 servings before reviewing this product. Now for the good stuff!

I was intrigued when I read that other people did not have much success supplementing this into their lifting programs and recommended it more for cardio purposes. I would defiantly say that this product impacted my lifts in a good way with the glycogen recovery mechanism and the positive impact on muscle inflammation.

Soreness? This was the shining effect of the product for me personally. I found that while I was using this product on a daily basis my muscle soreness was GREATLY decreased. It was a noticeable change that wasn't present before. I could absolutely kill my legs with heavy strength training followed by dropset after dropset and wake up the next day feeling relatively unscathed. You all know the feeling of not being able to sit down (or stand up) the day after a really good leg day. This product left me with mild soreness that I would associate with normal wear and tear of a bodybuilding style of training. When I upped my dosage to 2 pills (200mg) I found the recovery benefits to be much more noticeable. Muscle soreness ALMOST decreased altogether. There was only a very mild feeling of soreness left. This was a noticeable benefit just as good if not better than that of any 5g BCAA product.

Glycogen Recovery? The bottle claims to increase glycogen recovery by 373%. This, in turn, will give you more energy to perform more work and therefore make more gains. Energy would be the wrong word to use when describing this aspect of the product. It was more like an increase in 'reserve fuel' for me. Once I got myself going it was easier for me to keep going through my sets because of the greater glycogen recovery. Some days I would have very little calories in my system before I got to the gym and I think this product impacted me by allowing me to 'renew' my glycogen stores in my muscles even when I didn't necessarily carb up before my workout.

Citrate Synthase? This product also claims to increase citrate synthase by 47%. Citrate synthase initiates the krebs cycle, which is one of your bodies chemical reactions used to release energy. Now, this was the only part of their claim that I had difficulty feeling. I do think the energy being described here is more like an endurance/fuel aid than that physical energy feeling.

This was kind of hard to find on the web. Amazon was one of the only places that was selling it online and they have it for $45. If you are content with 100mg servings then it will come out to 75 cents per serving and for the decrease in muscle soreness I would recommend it. However, if you started to double on doses then this product could start to be pricey.

Side Effects

Nothing negative

Conclusion

Overall I liked this product a lot. It really impacted my inflammation/ muscle soreness and I hope more companies take a look at this supplement and add it to more pre-workouts or other products!

Advertisement:
Members don't see ads: Join SR for Free

March 17, 2018

• GRAS
  • Informed Choice
  • A Bit Pricey If All You Do Is Lift

Thanks to Troops Program and NuLivScience for sending this.

Each serving is one pill (100mg Actigin).
ActiGin is made from Panax NotoGinsing root and Rosa roxburghii fruit. We don't know the exact dosage of these 2 ingredients.
Supposedly can reduce inflammation, improve recovery and endurance. Also this product is GRAS affirmed and Informed-Choice Certified.

Small pills which are pretty easy to swallow. Dosing was one pill before workout and some days after workout.

Endurance was better, especially on cardio. I felt less winded between sets. On cardio i could push a little more than usual. Not a huge difference but noticeable. In terms of recovery, i think it helped me slightly. I was a bit less tired after my workout but i felt no significant change in Delayed onset muscle soreness (DOMS). Taking this pre-workout helped me the most compared to post. Haven't experienced any other benefit.

45 dollars on Amazon. 0.75 dollars per serving. Expensive for the benefits it provides. Yes i had better endurance (mostly on cardio) but it wasn't much better as without it.

Side Effects

Conclusion

If you do mostly cardio on your workout, this might worth giving this a try. Not a bad product overall.

February 27, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Reduced Inflammation
  • Stackable
  • A Bit Pricey If All You Do Is Lift
Hello SR community, once again I am up for reviewing a product, and this time I will be reviewing a product from NuLiv Science called ActiGin. Firstly I would like to extend a big thank you to NuLiv Science who as part of the TROOPs program were kind enough to ship me a bottle of this to log. ActiGin is marketed as an endurance and recovery supplement using a single patented ingredient to reduce fatigue and inflammation, leading to longer stronger workouts and a faster recovery/reduced DOMS. I am always looking for the next recovery aid that gives me the great DOMS reduction that IGF-1 supplements like BioGro or a large dose of high-quality BCAAs do, so when ActiGin came up for logging I was very keen to look into this. Let's get into it.

INGREDIENT PROFILE

The single patented ingredient in ActiGin is 'Proprietary NLF-03' which is an isolated extract from Panax Notoginseng and Rosa Roxburghii (the ratio of which is not disclosed). There is 100mg of this extract per pill. The proprietary blend is claimed to help boost in-activity endurance by, without getting too technical, upping or spiking the Krebs cycle, which is used by the body to generate energy. There are claims about an increase in CS which is vital to the Krebs cycle of 47%, but they seem to be more geared towards longer endurance sports IE cycling and running, so I am not so sure how well these claims will be noticed in gym training. The proprietary blend is touted to reduce muscle inflammation following exercise IE better recovery/less DOMS by repartitioning glycogen to muscle stores and reducing the amount of cytokines which contribute to muscle soreness. This is where the studies were done on resistance-training, and where I think ActiGin would be useful for those of us that lift weights. I cant really give the ingredient profile a ranking, as it's a single ingredient, more than just saying that I think this ingredient has promise, otherwise I wouldn't have put my hand up to log it.

TASTE/MIXABILITY

These are small pills and I didn't have any issues with after-taste, burps or anything like that.

DOSAGE

For the first half of the bottle I dosed ActiGin at 1 pill (100mg), usually an hour before my training sessions. Towards the end of the bottle, which was also towards the end of my 12 week workout plan, the intensity of my workouts increased as I built everything together and it was at this point I increased the dosage to 2 pills an hour preworkout (200mg).

EFFECTIVENESS - 8/10

When dosed at 1 pill preworkout, I found that ActiGin had a slight effect of reducing my DOMS and speeding up my recovery. It was not out of this world shattering I don't have any DOMS let's train everything every day, but it was on par with taking a standard BCAA supplement. During this time my workout intensity was steadily increasing, so I should have noticed an increase in post-workout soreness, and I didn't really see this. I have to attribute this to ActiGin, to some extent at least. I didn't see any really endurance or intra-workout differences that I could attribute to ActiGin.

When I upped the dosage of ActiGin to 200mg preworkout, as well as upping my workout intensity, I found ActiGin did a pretty good job of reducing post workout muscle soreness and recovery between workouts. It was at the very least on par with the high quality BCAA/recovery products on the market. There were a few occasions when I took 200mg of ActiGin and a kitchen sink PWO that included at least 5g of BCAAs and AstraGin and I had great workouts and also great recovery the next day. DOMS weren't eliminated, but it was about as good as ive ever had, and I was kicking my own butt in the gym during my workouts so I wasn't having a tea party. This is where ActiGin really shone for me and where I would like to see it put into products in the future. Once again I didn't see any of the endurance benefits this product is touted to have, and if I ran this product again id get my mountainbike out and go for a few long rides to test it out.

VALUE - 7/10

This was always going to be where a product like ActiGin was going to fall down. How good is it, how much does it cost and most importantly how much of it do you need to take to make it actually worthwhile taking? ActiGin is not readily available, and I could find it on Amazon for $44.95 for a 60 pill bottle. At 100mg ED that's 60 days worth of servings or $0.75 per serving. That's not bad value for something you'd need to add to your intra or post workout stack. But I really found the effectiveness at 200mg which diminishes the value and puts ActiGin to around $1.50 per serving. If it worked great on its own that would be pretty good value, but $1.50 a pop plus some BCAAs and that's going to cost you, even though BCAAs + 200mg of ActiGin is a pretty solid intra/post workout stack.

CONCLUSION - 9/10

I really enjoyed my time using ActiGin and found it to be a solid recovery aid, especially when dosed at 200mg and combined with some BCAAs. I think ActiGin would be great in an intra or post workout product that incorporates it at 200mg and includes a clinical serving of BCAAs (at least 5g) or equivalent. If ActiGin was incorporated into a product like this then it would most definitely get my attention at the supplement store and would definitely be something I would consider purchasing over your standard intra/post products. Would I buy this product again with my own money? If it was incorporated into an intra/post, then yes. Would I recommend this to others? If someone was looking for an intra/post, and it had ActiGin in it as well as other well-dosed ingredients, then I would definitely tell them to consider it. Thanks for reading and once again thanks to NuLiv Science for giving me the opportunity to log their product.

4.5
5.5
  February 3, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Informed Choice
  • GRAS
--Introduction----

I'm a competing powerlifter, and I train 5 days a week. Over the past few months, I have been increasing the intensity and the volume of my workouts, so when I saw ActiGin on the troopers program, I knew I wanted to grab it.

One serving is one capsule, which gives us 100mg of Acti-Gin.

Acti-Gin is a proprietary blend made from Panax NotoGinsing root (a Chinese herb) and Rosa roxburghii fruit.
Acti-Gin can reduce inflammation in muscle tissue, which means faster recovery, and can increase glycogen delivery to muscle tissue which means an increase in time to exhaustion.

This product is Informed Choice certified, which is good for drug-tested athletes and it is GRAS affirmed, which means it is generally recognized as safe.

It is becoming increasingly popular in pre-workouts.

There is no taste or mixability here as we have a pill product.

I used one capsule before each workout.

Unfortunately, I cannot say that Acti-Gin supplementation has been effective for me. My lifts did improve over the two months that I used it, but my lifts were improving similarly before I started using Acti-Gin.

In addition, I saw no improvement in terms of DOMS. For the first six weeks that I used Acti-Gin, I was using the same training program. I would add weight and reps as I could, but the core workouts remained the same. I saw little muscle soreness, but this was to be expected as I adapt to my workouts fairly quickly (usually within a week).

Two weeks ago, however, I changed my training program, so that I would be using less weight but more repetitions and would be doing more sets overall. I was doing the same lifts (or similar variations) just more work.

I was hoping that Acti-Gin would help me acclimate to this new program sooner, but I cannot say that was the case. Even though I was using Act-Gin daily, the soreness was terrible. I was waddling for days after I trained my legs on Monday. My pecs, shoulders, and biceps were aching after my upper body days. I got a massage that Wednesday, and my masseuse had to stop and ask if I was alright as I would cringe every time she touched my hamstrings.

I eventually adapted to the new program, but it took me about a week, which I believe would have happened without the Acti-Gin.

Acti-Gin has been studied on humans, but this study involved cycling. It's possible that Acti-Gin is an effective recovery supplement for endurance workouts, but I cannot say that I experienced any benefits from it as a powerlifter.

Right now, Acti-Gin is pretty expensive. I was able to find it on Amazon for about $45, which gives you .75 cents/serving. This is too expensive for a basic recovery supplement.

Side Effects

--Conclusion----

I can't say I'd recommend this to lifters. It could, however, be helpful if you are an endurance athlete, but I, alas, am not one. Next time, I'll try something else.

March 17, 2017

• Better Workouts
  • Stackable

I'd run a preworkout that contained ActiGin (BuckedUp - which I rated a 9.0 in effectiveness), decided it would be worth supplementing it separately, and grabbed a bottle of NuLivScience's product when it popped up for the Troopers. I'm not usually one to stack a bunch of additional supplements on top of an already-complex preworkout, but I am glad I gave this a go.

ActiGin is an exclusive ingredient researched and developed by NuLiv. They do market and sell the ingredient to other sports performance companies who utilize it in their own sports nutrition formulations, but are the only source to purchase ActiGin directly.

First off, ActiGin is not a nutrient repartitioner (as it's currently categorized) and should be not be confused with AstraGin. ActiGin is an endurance and recovery supplement that claims to naturally load muscles with more glycogen and reduce inflammation. It is naturally derived from two plant sources and is an approved compound by all governing bodies (per NuLiv's website).

That said, there's no profile to examine. Each ActiGin pill contains 50mg of the product, which NuLiv claims is the minimum effective dose. As mentioned, this is straight from the original manufacturer and thus there should be no concerns regarding purity or product quality.

The pills are very small and easy to swallow. I usually took one pill about 30 minutes preworkout. To be fully transparent, I always took ActiGin along with a standard preworkout drink, however I had days where I regularly skipped my dose of ActiGin just to ensure I could delineate the effects I was feeling into those caused by ActiGin and those caused by the preworkout (if that makes sense).

No issues with powder burps or stomach discomfort or anything along those lines.

ActiGin was bipolar for me. With respect to increased endurance, I noticed a marked effect. I was hitting workouts harder, cramming in extra sets, and working out for longer on the days when I dosed ActiGin. Honestly I was surprised at just how effective this product was for me in this respect. I usually don't feel much of an endurance-boosting effect from most supplements - it was one of the things I loved about BuckedUp - so I was obviously really happy with this result.

On the flip side, I felt no change in DOMS or my level of recovery. Now, I'm not hitting the gym as hard as I did when I was younger and didn't have kids. I still feel sore after a good workout, but we're not talking those brutal days where you have to manually lift your legs to get into your car. Perhaps higher-level athletes would feel more pronounced recovery effects from Actigin.

That said, I was really pleased with what I did get out of this product.

ActiGin will cost you ~$26 for 60 pills, a per dose cost of .43c provided you feel effects from a single dose. NuLiv does recommend upping the dose to two pills if necessary. I never went that route, but obviously if you had to do so it would impact the value.

Considering this is the only vendor that sells this product directly, it's impossible for me to do my standard price comparison.

Personally I feel that $26 is a good price for 60 pills, especially if you only need one pill per dose. The effect is worth the money in my experience.

Side Effects

Conclusion

It was clear when I ran a tub of BuckedUp that something in the product hit me just right, and I'm almost certain now that it was the ActiGin. I loved the endurance boost I got from this product. It fell flat for me with respect to recovery, but I honestly didn't care and can see several scenarios in which I would recommend this product.

If you're trying to cut out stimulants, this is worth a look. If you're a junkie and want to stack "bonuses" on top of your preworkout, you need to give this a try. If you're one of those nutbags who cobbles up their own preworkout potion using raw ingredients - this is absolutely something to include. All in all, this is a solid and simple product that does what it's claimed to do and is available at a fair price. High marks from me.

Overall
Overall
6.7
  March 5, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Longer Sets
  • Higher Reps
  • A Bit Pricey If All You Do Is Lift

Thanks to NuLiv Science for sending this out!

This one is pretty simple. There's 50mg of ActiGin in each capsule. ActiGin consists of Rosa roxburghii, which purportedly has antioxidant properties, and Panax Notoginseng, which purportedly has recovery and stamina/endurance enhancing properties. This is single, namesake ingredient supplement so there is not much else you could ask for here. This is exactly what you want if you want to try ActiGin. Furthermore, it is worth noting that NuLiv Science is the manufacturer of ActiGin so this supplement derives straight from the primary source of its ingredient - you cannot get any better or legit than this.

I took one capsule before one of my workouts for most days. Occasionally I would forget to take my serving, or I would feel extra sore, and would take it later in the day. That did not happen too often and I didn't notice a significant increase in results at two capsules. Also, these capsules are relatively small and one of the easiest types of capsules to take.

6.5/10
These kinds of supplement are always a bit tricky to judge in terms of effectiveness. However, I've been trying to review more to challenge myself as a reviewer and communicator [of my experience] and improve the consistency of my ratings. That being said, it was a still a challenge to close in on an effectiveness rating.

NuLiv Science claims that ActiGin improves endurance and recovery. I experienced modest results in each area. I never noticed an immediate effect after dosing and believe that time likely amplifies the effects. After about a week, I noticed some slight enhancement in endurance. Specifically, cardio felt a little easier to do. A 30 minute cardio session felt like 29 minutes. That does not seem like much, I know, but for someone who can absolutely despise cardio sometimes it is a noticeable difference. After two weeks, and progressively with each succeeding week, a 30 minute cardio session began to feel more like a 27-28 minute cardio sessions. Again, that is not much but it can feel like a world's difference at the time.

In an effort to be fully transparent, I never took ActiGin completely on its own. I always consumed a preworkout supplement or caffeinated beverage of some sort before cardio and sometimes during cardio. It is very possible that some of the improvement in endurance I experienced was due to these other supplements. In fact, I acknowledge that some of it must have been from the other supplementation, but I do believe ActiGin was partly responsible. Unfortunately, it is impossible to tell just how much of these results were a result of Actigin. Given my past experience with staples like beta alanine, however, I think ActiGin was about 25% responsible. It's hard to quantify such a subjective experience but this is my best attempt to put it in more relatable terms.

Recovery benefits from ActiGin supplementation were similarly noticeable but a little easier to quantify. Closer to two weeks into my ActiGin run, I experienced a unique recovery feeling. I may have absolutely destroyed my chest the day before - you know, one of those days where you are just enjoying the gym, feeling yourself, and get a little carried away - and I would wake up with only a slight soreness. It still took a few days to completely subside, but it began at an intensity akin to having already been sore for 1-2 days. Towards the end of my run, it increasingly felt like I had already been sore for 2 days. Despite being a little sore, I never really felt that my soreness held me back in the gym like I have in the past.

If I were to compare ActiGin with other staples in the recovery/endurance category like BCAAs, I would have to put this below a little below BCAAs. You should probably spend money on BCAAs first - I have not used a non-hormonal supplement in the recovery/endurance category that bests the results I get from simple 2:1:1 BCAA supplementation yet. However, if you already use BCAAs, or cannot for some reason, definitely give this a shot.

6.5/10
I found a 60 capsule bottle on Amazon for about $30 with shipping. Given that you could get anywhere from 30-60 days from this bottle depending on how you dose it, this is not terribly priced. $0.50-$1.00 a day is not too much if the results are there. However, for this price you can pick up a good 2:1:1 BCAA supplement with just as many, if not more, servings. Since value should also incorporate a relative cost/benefit analysis of sorts, I believe that this should be reflected in the rating. In other words, since better recovery/endurance supplements exist within in this price range, I cannot rate this in 7.5+ range. Still, since the price is not exorbitant at 1 capsule a day, I think a 6.5 rating is fair. In short, try it if you can afford it but do not buy ActiGin before the staples.

Side Effects

I experienced no side effects while taking ActiGin.

Conclusion

6.7
ActiGin will probably help your endurance and recovery a modest amount, especially with continued use. However, its consumption should not be prioritized over staple endurance/recovery ingredients with more concrete scientific and anecdotal evidence. If you have the extra $ to spare, then I suggest you try ActiGin out. I came to a 6.7/10 rating after averaging the Effectiveness and Value categories (both 6.5) and adding a small bump for lack of side effects, simple ingredient profile, and easy dosing.

February 22, 2017

• Increased Supplement Absorption
    What's going SR family! I would like to thank Nuliv Science and the Trooper program for allowing me to run Actigin. As I near the big 50 for me, I am starting to restructure of supplement regiment to be able to maximize my goals and to assist in my longevity. When I saw Actigin become available for the Troopers, I was interested in trying it, considering some of the positive feedbacks I saw regarding the benefits of Actigin.

The profile on this is very simple, one capsule contains 50 mg of Actigin. Nuliv Science claims the following when using Actigin:

Faster Recovery
    Enhanced Endurance
    Supports Intense Physical Activity

In addition, Actigin has been shown to reduce inflammation, its water soluble, and helps increase glycogen levels in your muscles. Furthermore, it Actigin is high in antioxidant properties, which is higher than the antioxidant levels in Vitamin C.

Taste - They are capsules, so nothing to taste; however, if you are looking for a faster absorption, you can open the capsules and mix it with whatever you are taking, keep in mind, it is very bitter if you do so.

Mix - There is nothing to mix, pop a capsule and go

Dosing - Nuliv Science, recommend taking 1 to 2 capsule before working out; however, I decided to play around with how this was taken and I will explain further in my effectiveness experience.

The 1st week, I followed the recommended way to take this, I notice some recovery benefits after my workout; however, when I would take Actigin, with following supplements, it shows me that Actigin was working:

Fish oil - When I would Actigin with my Omegas, I notice a good reduction of joint pain. In addition, I knew it was working and boosting the absorption of my Omegas, I had to keep clipping my nails every 3rd day; my wife was calling mini Wolverine!

Taking with my Pre-workout - There are a number of companies who are now including Actigin in their profile; however, the pre-workouts I had, did not have any. When I would take 2 capsules with my pre-workout, I noticed a boost in the energy level I normally would get. I am sure this was due to the mechanisms of increasing glycogen levels, since I would take my pre-workout with a complex carb drink.

Recover - By the 3rd week, I noticed the recovery effects, my DOMS were not completely eliminated, but it was reduced to manageable levels, especially after a nice leg workout. Furthermore, Actigin gave me similar effects live being on Creatine, I looked a little fuller around the shoulder area about the 3rd week into it.

Value - The lowest I found Actigin was on Amazon for $26.00, not bad for a 30 day supply; therefore, for the value, it is on the money.

Sides - None to speak of

Conclusion

Actigin to me worked well, as I always state, everyone one reacts different to supplements. Nuliv Science has done their research well for Actigin and in my opinion, this should be a stable to everyone's regiment; for the price, it is worth it. Yes, there more and more companies adding Actigin to their products, but what is the quality and how much of it is really in the product?

November 12, 2014

I would like to thank NuLiv for hooking me up with this. I think it is a wonderful new product that I feel is similar to creatine. I think NuLiv Science has done a good job at getting their product out there and promoting in on the boards (http:// http://supplementreviews.com/forum/index.php?topic=30260.0) and by offering freebies to a lot of the members.

Profile:
    Actigin is made up of 2 ingredients. From the Actigin website:

“Rosa roxburghii, widely regarded for its high antioxidant properties. Belongs to the rose plant family. It's fruiting body is extremely rich in antioxidatives. Gram for gram, rosa roxburghii contains significantly more vitamin C, super oxide dismutase and other antioxidative markers than other available citrus fruits and plants.

Panax notoginseng. Research has shown that there are 2 main groups of ginsenosides, Rb1 and Rg1, with various sub-molecules under the Rb1 and Rg1 grouping. On-going research indicates that certain compounds in Panax notogineng may aid with endurance & recovery.”

Simple enough and works like a charm for me.

I thought this was similar to trying creatine for the first time. I felt like I was able to squeeze out a couple of more reps on sets. My recovery time between sets has been quicker, even on heavy lifts. There have been times that I felt I could go again after a 2 minute break instead of taking my usual 3 minute break. I was also off it for a couple of months before purchasing some more. I could tell that difference when I did not have it anymore especially in recovery time.

Value:
    This is where I have an issue. From what I can find, this can only be purchased on the Actigin website. You can purchase a single bottle (30 day supply) for $42.45 including shipping. Would I buy it again at this price? Not at all. I think this is way too expensive. However, if you can shell out the money for the bundle price breaks 3 bottles for $87.45 with shipping or $154.95 with shipping than I think it is worth it as it brings it down to a dollar a workout or less when taking it. I also hate this. If you can sell me 6 bottles at a unit price of $25.83, why can’t you just sell me one bottle for that price? I would be more apt to buy it again and recommend it to others.

I think this is a great product that I would add as a staple to my regimen if it were not so price prohibitive. Due to the price though, I’ll just have to hold off till I have the extra $85 - $155 to buy in bundles.

June 13, 2014

• A Bit Pricey If All You Do Is Lift
    I have been taking actigin on and off for the last 2 and half months. I usually will incorporate it on my weekend runs/hikes or for my weekly basketball games with buds on Wednesdays. I already like AstraGin so I was willing to take a leap on ActiGin from Nuliv. (I also paid like $20 bucks for BOTH of the products way back in January hehe)

They market ActiGin as an endurance & recovery supplement. Oddly, I've seen it in other PWO workout supps. According to the brochure I picked up at FitExpo, it's suppose to deliver more glycogen to your muscle tissue while reducing inflammation after a long workout. This review is only for cardio, I haven't really used it for pure strength conditioning.

Composed of panax notoginseng and rosa roxburghii. I had no f'in clue what the latter was and after some googling, realized it's a rose plant and sister plants have been used in England since WW II. (Rose hips).

Ingredients: 8/10. It's made of only two plant extracts, supposedly "highly fractionated" or purified. I'll just trust their science, their logic is probably better than my bro science ha.

Effectiveness: 9.5/10. This is one of the very rare products on the marketplace that actually does what it says. Theoretically, more glycogen delivery=more fuel for cardio. Also I think the antioxidants in the rosa roxburghii help minimize a bunch of inflammation responses by your body. When I take actigin I'm definitely not as sore the next day after a decent run/hike/bike/bball session. I'm in my mid 30's now and believe me, playing full court bball for 2 hours drains you big time. You're sore, all beat up, and just want to reach for a coors lite when you get home. I also never hit the wall so to speak. Like if I HAD to run another mile, or got pestered into running another couple pickup games, I know I could on Actigin.

Value: 10/10. Obviously my price paid will be different than what most others pay. I did a cursory search on their website, I believe it retails for $40 now. I paid $10. I think if you're using this exclusively for weight lifting, it may not be a good option unless you're the hardcore bro that spends 2 hours on a muscle group and needs the extra fuel. But if you're a older guy like me and needs a subtle boost to performance and recovery, it's a great product.