Acetyl L-Carnitine Reviews

By: MAXLER

Acetyl L-Carnitine is a Health Product manufactured by MAXLER. It is meant to improve the health of the body at the micronutrient/mineral level.

January 15, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Better Focus
  • Very Good Value
    Introduction:

Thank you to the SR Troops program and the folks at Maxler, for the opportunity to try their Acetyl L-Carnitine product. This product is NOT a staple for me, but I do have quite a bit experience with it in the past. I probably use several bottles per year and dabble with the various forms of L-carnitine, which I will breakdown a little below.

Apologies for the late review.

Ingredient Profile:

Each capsule contains 500mg of Acetyl L-carnitine

One ingredient, that's it

Ok, now there are several forms of L-Carnitine, each with its own benefit in theory. I will touch on the below two:

L-Carnitine Tartate- the "fat burning" type, that also can provide energy for physical activity and can possibly assist in limiting fat gain

ALCAR aka Acetyl L-Carnitine- the "focus" type, also can provide energy

Taste:

N/A- there is no taste as these are in capsule form.

It is not necessary to crack open the capsules for consumption

Mixability:

N/A- these are capsules which are swallowed only

Dosing:

I dosed this 2 caps 30 min prior to working out and 2 caps in the mid-afternoon in between meals

On non workout days I would down 4 capsules upon awaking.

There's several various dosing protocols with the product online, this is the one I went with for the duration of the bottle

Effectiveness 8/10:

This product was effective from day one in terms of focus. Not just at work, but overall, my head felt more clear with all the items of life that get thrown at you on a daily basis. It was a welcomed effect. The focus aspect was noticeable during the day, at the gym and even before bed. I felt like I just had more clarity, in didn't feel overwhelmed.

The energy aspect took about 3 days to kick in. Most notably at the gym and at work. I felt less of a need to take a pwo many mornings, while on this product. At work, as I get older, that afternoon crash seems more consistent. After a few days of this product, I didn't feel tired in the afternoons at work.

Now this isn't the L-carnitine that is "supposed to" burn fat, however, I did weigh myself before and after the bottle, with the diet/water intake pretty much the same and I lost 2.9 pounds. I can't day 100% this product did or did not attribute to that, however, my weight is very consistent. I just find it interesting.

Value 8/10:

As of this review, 100 capsules can be had via Amazon for $9.99. That's very good value right there, for the above effects. That's $10 at 4 capsules per day, which will last you 25 days.

Side Effects:

No side effects to report

Conclusion:

The product did what it should do increased focus, added energy and possibly some fat loss benefits. Very good value for these noticeable effects.

October 26, 2016

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Better Focus

I will start with a thank you directed at Maxler for participating in the Trooper/ER program, also a Huge thanks for SR for making these connections possible!
      This was my first experience with an Acetyl L-Carnitine only product and I did not know what to expect. Let see what was most notable about Maxler's Acetyl L-Carnitine

Simple, simple simple! A bottle of Maxler's Acetyl L-Carnitine contains 100 capsules; each capsule contains 500mg of Acetyl L-Carnitine. SR has a great article on Acetyl L-Carnitine, it's a great read.

*Some of the benefits of ALCAR are:

Support cerebral metabolism and blood flow
      Improve endurance and energy levels
      Boost strength
      Increase ATP Support for Energy
      Enhance fat metabolism
      Counteract oxidative stress
      Improve cognition
      Acts as a neuroprotective agent against mental decline

*See link: http://supplementreviews.com/ingredients/acetyl-l-carnitine-alcar

In this review taste and mixability are not a factor because this product comes in capsule form.

Maxler recommends taking 1 capsule 3x daily. I actually dosed this at 4 capsules after the first week. I would take this with my pre workout meal anywhere from 3-4pm, on rest days I would take with breakfast.

On the label Maxler make 3 claims:

Surpasses simple L-Carnitine
      Delivers energy from your fat
      Supports brain function

Since ALCAR is a modified version of L-Carnitine it has a higher bioavailability in our body. Yes, I can see ALCAR surpassing regular L-Carnitine.

Now on to the next 2 claims!

I did feel an increase in energy both in and out of the gym. I also saw slight changes in body composition around my upper back, shoulders, lats and quads. What was most noticeable was the focus I had, I felt clear minded even when under work stress and when under physical stress. We all know that fogginess that we occasionally get when at the gym, with Acetyl L-Carnitine this was not the case!

If you dose at 3 capsules you get about 33 days' worth for about 10 bucks. If dosed at 4 it is a little less than 30 days. To me this has good value!

Side Effects

No side effects. I do have one concern and I will attach a picture I took of a capsule. 1 out of 100 but it seems this capsule was not filled all the way. I am sure Maxler can contact their manufacturer to make sure these issues don't happen on a larger scale.

Conclusion

Acetyl L-Carnitine is not an essential supplement but when used you can feel the benefits of having it in your stack with the essentials. What I also liked about Maxler's capsules is you can dose them based on how you feel. The minimum effective dose for ALCAR is 500mg so you can take 1 cap per day and might still feel the benefits.

October 14, 2016

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Better Focus
      • Anti-oxidant Properties

A special thanks to Maxler for providing their line of supplements for us to try out. I tried a few of their products, but to begin, I will discuss my thoughts on their Acetyl L-carnitine. Acetyl L-Carnitine is a form of carnitine designed to exhibit some beneficial properties in concept with the amino acid L-carnitine itself. It's a popular additive in some nootropics and pre workouts and many would choose to supplement it stand alone to experience benefits.

As I'm sure you may have guessed, their is one simple ingredient:

Acetyl L-carnitine at 500mg per capsule.

I don't think I need to explain in detail what Acetyl L-carnitine is but to lively up the review here is a quick synopsis.

Acetyl L-carnitine is a highly bio-available form of L-carnitine that has been shown to have benefits ranging from increased energy through cellular mitochondria support, anti oxidant properties, and can also improve mental cognition and brain function thanks to its ability to pass the blood-brain barrier.

The effective dosage for acetyl l-carnitine is 500-2,000mg. For me personally, I like 2,000mg.

Taste and mixability are not applicable topics since these are caps.

For dosing purposes, I dosed 4 caps roughly 30 minutes pre workout along with a PWO supplement. On non-training days, I dosed 4 caps in the morning 30 minutes before a meal. Protocols will vary, but this was my preferred method.

I was primarily interested in the energy and focus benefits associated with acetyl l-carnitine. To help assess this product's effects, I took it alone for a few days to see how it would go.

Sure enough, I did notice that my natural energy levels and overall focus throughout the days both in the gym and outside were improved by a considerable amount. When I added in the other products (pwo, nootropic), the supplementary benefits were very noticeable. My heightened energy levels from the pwo I was using felt cleaner and more prolonged. My focus enhancement combined from the nootropic was nearly unbreakable. I was pounding away at both weights in the gym and books during study periods for college.

In summary, this product made a great addition to my regimen for the expected benefits.

A 100 cap bottle averages about 13-15 dollars form what I've seen. If you use 4 caps like me, than the bottle lasts a little less than a month but given the positive effects Maxler's acetyl l-carnitine had for me, this is a very good value even if you are a frequent user of this form of carnitine.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Plain and to the point summary is that if you knowingly respond well to this form of carnitine, than Maxler's acetyl l-carnitne is worth the shot especially for the price. Even though it was fine by itself, I'd recommend that you preferably have a pwo product or perhaps even a nootropic on hand for enhanced benefits.

WARMACHINE OUT!!!