(Better than 95% in Pre-Workout > Stimulant)

PRICES (2)
(28 sv) - [$1.25/sv]

Outbreak Nutrition

(28 sv) - [$1.25/sv]

A1Supplements

Pathogen is a Pre-Workout manufactured by Outbreak Nutrition. It is designed to help provide a pre-training advantage by increasing mental focus, muscle performance, endurance and blood flow. This creates an environment optimal for increasing muscle mass and losing body fat.

November 13, 2017

• Good Vascularity
  • Creative Name
  • No Prop Blend
  • Felt Dehydrated
Sup folks. I wanted to review a fantastic preworkout I just got through trying through sr.com and Outbreak Nutrition. I use a preworkout for a lot of reasons. The main ones happen to be for the energy and pumps you get from taking it.

NO PROP BLENDS!!! I can't tell you how happy I am when I see a preworkout with no proprietary blend listed on the label. I like the fact that I don't have to guess how much of a certain ingredient there is in it. Lets take a look at some of these ingredients:

6g's of Citruline Maleate!! That means you are about to get some serious pumps with this guy! The clinical dose is 8g's, so if you want to add a couple of grams you can. If there was a prop blend you wouldn't know that.

Beta Alanine is set at 3.2g's. That's a clinical dose. No need to add anymore. You should get plenty of "tingles" with 3.2g/s of Beta.

Typical amounts of Choline Bitrate (500mg), and Potassium Nitrate (350mg).

Caffeine is set at a WHOPPING 350mg's. If you're not used to a lot of caffeine you could want to start with a half scoop.

TeaCrine (125mg) is a nature-identical compound that delivers energy, mental clarity, and improved motivation and mood.

Theobromine (100mg) helps with the energy you need to get through your workout. It helped get me through some really tough/long workout days.

2-Amino-5-Methylheptane (100mg)- Seems to be another stimulant that helps give you more energy. This can also help get you past the tough workouts and not leave you feeling drained.

Taste- The taste is about the same as most preworkouts. It's not bad at all. I received the "Wa-Torn Melon" Tasted like watermelon flavored preworkout to me. Not a lot of aftertaste to me.

Mixability- I usually just dump a scoop in the shaker and put 8oz of water. A few times I went with 4oz bc I had fixed it to late, therefore, I wanted to take it in "shot" form. It mixed fine either way.

Dosing- Like I said above, 1 scoop with 8oz of H2O usually does the trick. I never lived on the edge enough to try more than one scoop.

It got me going. That is for certain. I used this for workouts, as well as basketball games. A couple of days a week I get together and play some pickup basketball with some guys here at the base I am stationed at. We play for a couple of hours and I feel that a preworkout like this gives me that extra energy and focus I need. The only issue I have felt is that if you aren't hydrating properly it can cause dry mouth and cramping. During the workouts I felt really focused and excited to be in the gym. Pumps were great also. Vascularity was definitely not a problem.

$40 for 30 servings. This is where it's a little tricky for me. I used to think $40 for 30 servings was crazy. However, it's really not. I found myself buy other preworkouts for $40 that only had 20 servings. That was crazy, but I fell in love with the product so I didn't mind. After taking Pathogen a few times I realized that this is definitely worth the $40 for 30 servings. That's 6-8 weeks of workouts, depending on how often you workout, for just $40. That's solid.

Side Effects

If you take it on an empty stomach it can cause major stomach issues because of the stims in it. Don't say I didn't warn you ;)

Conclusion

In conclusion, Pathogen has a good taste, solid ingredient profile, and is very affordable. I don't see why you don't, at least, give this product a shot. You'd be crazy not to. Thanks to Sr.com for the opportunity to give products like this a shot, and thanks to Outbreak Nutrition for participating in the program so that us little guys get our chance to speak our minds. I really appreciate it.
  • War-Torn Melon: 7/10

• Solid Strength
  • Good Vascularity
  • Focus Could Be Better

INTRODUCTION

What's up SupplementReviews. Thanks to Outbreak Nutrition and SupplementReviews for making this possible and trusting our judgement. Sorry for the delay with this Preworkout but the problem is that I received this like 3 weeks after I requested it from the SR Troop program so within those 3 weeks, I had to request another preworkout (UXO Preworkout V2) because I thought I wasn't going to receive Pathogen. So when I received it, I was already taking UXO Preworkout V2 so I decided to finish it first, rest 1 week from stimulants and then begin with Pathogen.

I lift weights 5 times per week, from Monday to Friday, I take a preworkout every of those 5 days. I began taking Pathogen on September 4 and I finished the 28 servings on Friday October 27 (click finished on the 29th). I don't know how this lasted me so long. I tried a few preworkout samples during this time but I also gave 2-3 servings to some friends to see the effects of Pathogen on them so one thing compensates the other. I measured the scoop size when full and it was overall fine I think... when slightly full, it showed 10 grams and it was supposed to be 11.8 grams. For it to reach the 11.8 grams, I had to do like a very tiny mountain... don't know if it was because of that, I doubt it. I was going to take some pics but I forgot and I can't anymore :/ I wouldn't worry too much about this.

TASTE/MIXABILITY/DOSING

TASTE: I requested and received the flavor "Agent-Orange Pineapple". It was delicious, sometimes I was tempted to try it even without water lol. You might want to add more water than what it says though. With 8oz, the flavor is very strong so you might not like that (or maybe yes). I usually added 12oz but 10oz is fine.

MIXABILITY: Excellent mixing, never gave problems here and no foaming! Powder's conservation was excellent too.

DOSING: 1 scoop 20-30 minutes before working out. Never needed more than 1 and I don't recommending taking more than 1.

----INGREDIENT PROFILE & EFFECTIVENESS----
User "gervs11" did a good job explaining the purpose of each ingredient so I won't stop too much there, that's why I'll merge Ingredient Profile with Effectiveness. As always, I'll divide the effectiveness into several areas:

- PUMP/VASCULARITY: The 5 grams of Citrulline Malate (2:1) and 1 gram of Agmatine Sulfate did a great job. I wasn't expecting great results because I thought the 350mg of Caffeine were going to affect this area but IMO it didn't. I'm bulking so I don't expect a lot of vascularity, it was decent. Muscle fullness was great and lasted during all the workout. I also think adding 5 grams and not 6 was a good idea because sometimes 6 grams or more can make you have a bathroom trip before working out.

- ENERGY: For energy, we have a blend of 4 principal ingredients: 350mg of Caffeine Anhydrous, 125mg of Teacrine (tasteless), Theobromine and Juglans Regia Extract. Citrulline Malate indirectly helps with energy. The energy was solid, it lasted the whole workout, I could workout for 2 hours and still have energy left. I had to force myself to end my workouts, that's a feeling I love <3. That's where you know your preworkout is working at full power! Slight crash after finishing although that could maybe be because I was mixing DMHA separately. The last day I took Pathogen (Friday 27), I trained for 3 hours and I still had energy left! It was insane! lol.

- ENDURANCE/PERFORMANCE: Like I always say: "Not everything is about Pump and Vascularity. Increasing Nitric Oxide levels also provide benefits related to endurance and performance." Citrulline Malate + Agmatine + the 3.2 grams of Beta-Alanine did a good job. The tingling sensation was always present. That tells us companies don't always have to add the patented form of Beta-Alanine to feel the effects. Recovery time between sets was reduced, excellent for making 2 exercises together. As I said, I could train for a longer time without difficulties and I had to force myself to end it.

FOCUS: Focus overall was average. I had like 2 or 3 workouts where I felt the tunnel focus but overall, it helped but not so much. Those 500mg of Choline Bitartrate + the others were trying to do the job but they needed more direct reinforcements.

STRENGTH: No Creatine, No party! I tried it without Creatine first and then I added Creatine. The difference was sometimes significant although there were days I wasn't missing Creatine so there was some party afterall ;) They were not the majority though. I'm lifting heavy weights so having a preworkout give me "Increased Strength" will be more difficult each month so I won't blame Pathogen too much. I'm not going to suggest Outbreak Nutrition to add Creatine because if you feel Pathogen needs Creatine, then add it yourself. Leave the formula just like it is right now. Don't touch what works!

So to summarize, I was more than satisfied with 4 of the 5 areas, the Focus area was the one that worked the least (average) and energy the most. Overall, solid effectiveness during the 28 servings. People that tried Pathogen were also satisfied, they liked it a lot. My expectations with Pathogen were not big or let's just say they were less than with UXO Preworkout V2, I thought the Citrulline + Arginine HCL was going to be better than the Citrulline + Agmatine but I was wrong. If the focus was excellent, then this would have reached a 9.

VALUE

Outbreak Nutrition's website has it for $39.99 and A1Supplements has it for $34.99 and is giving a free shaker of Outbreak Nutrition. If you want to try this excellent effective preworkout, this is the opportunity. TigerFitness also has it for $34.99. I think $34.99 by itself is a good price. I wouldn't pay $39.99 for this because it doesn't have BCAA nor Carbohydrates but based on how it worked for me, $39.99 is still worth it. It's also available in Australia.

SIDE EFFECTS

None. I'm happy I didn't have to go to the bathroom before working out. I only had to go once and it was my fault because I had my preworkout meal like 20 minutes before working out. Combining it with a preworkout with Citrulline will definitely make you go to the bathroom before starting. Make sure to consume lot of water during workout.

CONCLUSION

Overall it worked great. Only thing that worked ok and not great was the Focus. The Strength was sometimes great, other times decent, other times average but it helped. You might feel the Strength area more than me because I'm doing my maximum weight but I could feel it and use it. If you get it, you won't repent.

SUGGESTION FOR THE COMPANY

1. Would be good if you add another ingredient for focus to take it to the next level.

Other Prices:
A1Supplements   $34.99

October 23, 2017

• Felt Dehydrated

Big shout out to the people at Outbreak Nutrition. It is always good to get a product that is worth the money and something you will use again. One of the things that first got my attention was the cover of the package and the name. I needed something to get my energy and focus going at the gym. Every now and then, we all need a little extra in our workout.

Ingredients are 5g Citrulline Malate, 3.2g Beta Alanine, 1000mg AGmass, 500mg Choline Bitartrate, 350mg Caffeine, 125mg Tasteless Teacrine, 100mg Theobromine and 100mg Juglans Regia. L-Citrulline is an amino acid that turns into L-arginine in the kidneys. Beta-alanine is the building block that helps buffer acid in muscles which can aid lean-mass gain. Agmass is agmatine sulfate which promotes nitric oxide in recovery and it improves metabolic functions. Choline is used for cognitive boosting properties and is a liver health agent, able to reduce fatty liver buildup that is found in high amounts in eggs, the yolks in particular. Teacrine is a compound which can be found in natural sources such as, coffee, and exotic fruits that delivers energy, mental clarity, and improved motivation and mood. It does not increase heart rate or blood pressure and is not a stimulant. Theobromine is used as a heart stimulant. Juglans regia, or better known as walnut, has high medicinal value and offers health benefits.

The ingredients in Pathogen are good items. The only thing is that it does contain a walnut-like ingredient so not for use for those with nut allergies. Even though the Teacrine is not a stimulant, Pathogen is still a stimulant pre-workout.

No problems with the taste and mixability. I got the double berry flavor and it fine. The Pathogen mixed well regardless if shaken or stirred. Instructions called for 1 scoop, which is what I stayed with. I know some people would go up to 2 scoops, but I made sure to stay with the 1 scoop. It called for an 8-ounce water mix but sometimes I would go with 16 ounces if I needed a little more hydration. Instructions say to consume prior to workout that I followed. If I had a long run or workout day, I would consume Pathogen during the workout within 15 minutes of the workout. The taste, mixability, and dosing were no issue.

The Pathogen did exactly what it was meant to do. I would always have enough energy and focus to get me through a workout. Somedays, I felt the tingle in my body and/or a pump but that was not every day. This is good for me because I do not like that feeling all the time. I did increase weights as I worked out (I keep a log on an app to make sure I am going up or maintaining the use of free weights) and never a day of fewer weights. The ingredients do contain caffeine but not more than I am accustomed to which was no problem. Studies show that 400mg of caffeine a day is a safe amount (this is usually found in about 4 cups of normal coffee like Folgers). If you are sensitive to coffee (my spouse usually has about 4 cups of half-cafe per day), you will definitely fill the jitters.

Effectiveness was great. The only downfall I had with Pathogen was feeling dehydrated and thirsty. I would not take Pathogen on days I had long runs because I sweat a lot and need to stay hydrated. Like I said, this is the only downfall I had with Pathogen so I would not recommend Pathogen with days that have a lot of cardio or sweating.

I was able to find Pathogen online from $32-$35 which is an ok price for a pre-workout. I have found my self to spend around $20-$25 so it is a little higher. I will get a good pre-workout if it is worth the money and I fill that Pathogen is in that area. The tub has 28 servings so it can get you at least a month if you workout 5-6 days a week. The cost is about $1.14-$1.25 per serving which I believe is a fair price. You can always find pre-workouts out there that are cheaper, but you usually get what you pay for. I have spent this much on some other products, but I have sometimes found myself getting things that are low in effectiveness. Pathogen, in my opinion, is not one of those pre-workouts. If you check the website, you will see that Pathogen is hard to come by so you will want to grab it when it is in stock.

Side Effects

Like I said earlier, the only real side effects were feeling dehydrated.

Conclusion

Pathogen is good pre-workout that is worth the try. It did exactly what I expected. The ingredients were fantastic. The taste was fine and mixability was great. The dosage of 1 scoop was just right for me. The effectiveness was good as it kept me focused and did help with the increase of free weights. I believe it is a normal value that is worth the money. The side effect of low hydration happened on high cardio days but was fine when doing a normal workout, which did have a low amount of cardio. I believe the advertising and tub covers were a good catch for the eye. This is a pre-workout I would recommend to anyone. I would like to give the Virus pre-workout a try and definitely something I will look into.
  • Double Barrel Berry: 7/10

October 15, 2017

• Smooth Energy
  • No Jitters
  • -missing Some Key Ingredient
  • Pump Could Be Better

I'd like to start by thanking Outbreak for the opportunity to try their pre workout as part of the trooper program. I have been using pre workout supplements for years now. I have used all different types, from low stim, no stim, moderate stim, high stim, performance based, endurance based, safe and natural, to new and exotic stims. Suffice to say that I have tried many and feel as though I could provide a solid opinion on them by now. Throughout my usage of Pathogen, I used the supplement at 5am semi fasted, with about a half of a scoop of whey protein. This stayed the same throughout my usage.

L-Citrulline Malate 2:1: 5000mg
-Citrulline fights fatigue, while promoting muscle gains. Being combined with magic acid, I'd like to see the dosage higher, at least up to 8mg.

Beta Alanine: 3200mg
-Increases stamina strengths and therefore, muscle gain. 3.2g is the recommended daily dosage. I'm happy to see it added in the amount. Some people may not like taking the full dose at once due to the parasthesia (tingles), but I kinda like it. Plus it means that I don't have to supplement else where to get the full dosage.

AGMass (agmatine sulfate): 1000mg
-This pump inducing ingredient improves blood flow for better pumps while also providing some nootropic (mood enhancing) effects. 1g is right around the sweet spot for me and usually what most companies add to their products.

Choline Bitartrate: 500mg
-This nootropic enhances memory, brain health and cognition. recommended dosages range between 250-1000mg, so 500mg here is near the middle of that.

Caffeine Anhydrous: 350mg
-Waterless, highly concentrated form of caffeine. 350mg will be high for beginners, but for someone like me, it is right around where I like to be.

TeaCrine 40% as Tasteless: 125mg
-Like caffeine, it will provide the needed energy for a full on attack of the gym. Unlike caffeine however, one does not build a tolerance to theacrine, which ensures a smooth, lasting energy over the course of the entire jar of preworkout. Outbreak even uses the tasteless form, which is appreciated, especially after tasting products with the regular form, which can taste pretty bad and take over the entire flavour.

Theobromine: 100mg
-Like caffeine, it can provide intensity to a workout but without affecting the Central Nervous System. It has also been linked to better NO productions, so better pumps. 100mg falls in the range of daily recommendations

Jugulans Regia (root) extract: 100mg
-It is a naturally occurring source of DMHA. This central nervous stimulant enhances energy and mental alertness. It has been linked to "feel good" or "euphoric" moods. 100mg is a pretty good dose, especially considering the other stimulants in this product.

Taste: Agent Orange Pineapple
-The taste is pretty accurate to the name. You do get the flavour of both orange and pineapple, although I Would say that it leans more heavily to the pineapple side. It is recommended to mix it in 8oz of water but I found that 12oz gives it a perfect balance of sweetness and bitterness. I'd give it an 8 overall on a scale of 10.

Mixability: I am one of those people who do not shake the cup very hard or for very long. Instead, I tend to shake between sips. overall, I did not find any issues with the mixability. There was some graininess left over from time to time. But I don't really mind that so much.

Dosing: Servings per container say 28 and I found that to be pretty accurate. One this is however, that I would recommend using a scale to weigh out each dose as the scoop provided tends to under dose each serving. A serving size is 11.8g and I found that with a full scoop, not heaping, it usually came out to about 8 or 9g.

Energy/focus
With Theacrine, caffeine, and DMHA, it is hard to go wrong with this product. Right from the beginning, it provided me with intense, focused energy that lasted well beyond a 60-90 minute workout session. The energy from this product was smooth and consistent throughout then entire workout and throughout the entire jug. That is probably do to the Theacrine. Focus was always present, but not as noticeable as the intense energy. it was not a jittery energy, but smooth and consistent. If I had to compare it to another product, I would say that it is about the same as Kraken at a single dose.

Performance/pump
Although there is a decent amount of beta alanine, and CM, I did not notice any added performance boost. My numbers still progressed in the gym, but not any more so than they usually do due to progressive overload. I never felt like I could lift much more than usual, but I did have the energy to continue with my sets. I did not notice any extra pump effects either, which I was looking forward to with the CM and Agmatine.

--Value----
At the time of writing this review, it can be found for $34.99. For a product with 28 servings and some pretty good ingredients at decent dosages, I would say that it is a decent value. Although I would like to see cheap ingredients like creatine added so I would not need to supplement extra, which would increase it's value slightly.

----Side Effects--
I did not notice any negative side effects. Like I said, there were no jitters involved at all. One thing however, is the that "good mood" feeling that you get from DMHA. Hours after my workout, (around 4), I would just be walking around with sense a euphoria. It is difficult to explain otherwise. Only that you really feel good, almost high but unimpaired. If that makes any sense. Either way, I can't say that I hate that feeling.

Conclusion

I think that Outbreak has a strong competitor in the pre workout market with Pathogen. It is laking in a couple of areas like performance and pump, but the energy and good mood feelings are off the charts. I have taken many pre workouts over the years and I would rank Pathogen in my top 5 favourite in terms of energy and focus. It's definitely worth a try in my opinion.

October 3, 2017

• Supports Endurance

First off I want to thank Outbreak Nutrition for letting me have the chance to give this product a try. I had tried their first pre-workout they released called Virus and was not overly crazy about it. When I heard they were coming with a newer more stronger pre I was pretty excited and new I would have to give that a try. I will say after using this they did step up their game a bit more with this pre compared to their first one.

Everything you get in this is fully disclosed and they use no prop blends so you know just how much of everything you get in this. I give them a lot of credit for doing this and I hope this becomes the norm for all pre's. You get a total of 8 different ingredients in this. You have the pump and performance ingredients, citrulline malate at 5g per serving, 3.2g of beta-alanine, and a gram of agmatine. The other five are for energy and focus with half a gram of choline, 350mg of caffeine, 50mg of pure TeaCrine, and 100mg each of theobromine and DMHA. I feel they did a good job at increasing the dosages and making this a lot stronger and more effective than their first pre-workout. I think most everything they put in here is dosed at some pretty good levels to make this more effective. I would maybe like to see some creatine added to this to help a little more with strength but then again I can understand why some people don't want that.

I was sent the War-Torn Melon. This is going to be your watermelon flavor. It does have that watermelon taste to it but also there is a little bit of a chemical taste with brings the overall flavor down a little bit because of that. It is a little on the sweet side but not to bad. It was decent but I would probably not get this flavor again and would like to try their other flavors Double Barrel Barry, and Agent Orange Pinapple

I did notice that when I shook this up there were some little pieces I noticed that did not fully mix up right away but with a few more shakes they did seem to disappear. This does have a pinkish red color to it meaning they use dyes in this which I would rather not have. I am not a fan of dyes at all and feel there is no need to use them. It does make the product look cooler but that is all it does and serves no benefit to use. One scoop before my workout is all I need and that seemed to work good for me. There is no real need to go more than one scoop.

First we look at energy. You get a total of 350mg of caffeine. I feel that is a pretty decent amount and don't care to get much more than that at most. For those of you that are stim sensitive this maybe a little strong for you. For me I felt this was pretty good at giving me some good energy. It was nothing to crazy and never made me feel all jittery. It was more of a smooth like energy this gave me. It takes a little bit to start feeling it I noticed but slowly seems to build up to where you really start to noticed it and the energy I got seemed to last most of my workout but does start to fade a bit towards the end of it. I think the energy part works better and seems to last longer if your doing more high volume training rather than going real heavy and doing less reps.

My endurance from this I felt was greatly improved. With the beta alanine you will really feel the beta tingles right away. For me they hit me pretty hard right away but never seemed to last very long. I felt my endurance between sets was pretty good. I felt I was able to go a lot quicker between sets and able to do those last few reps with a little more ease and not get that muscle fatigue right away.

The pumps I got from this I thought were decent. I felt this helped make my muscle fuller a lot more efficiently and build a more denser pump than what I am used to which was kind of nice.

The strength gains from this I thought were so so. Since this does not have any creatine in it don't expect to get a big boost in your strength gains. I think this helped me maintain my strength more than anything and that was about it. I would like to see some creatine in this to help you more with strength gains and I feel it helps me preform better overall. I can understand whey some people don't want it in their pre-workout but for me I like having it.

The focus from this was fairly decent I thought. I am glad to see they use nootropics in this to help you with focus. I thought the mental focus from this was decent nothing real crazy like to where you get that really good tunnel vision. It did put me in a more calm and focused start of mine. I did notice my focus overall was better and was able to rid my mind of some distractions I may have but would like a little bit stronger effectiveness from this.

I think overall this is a good pre for any kind of lifter weather your a beginner or an advanced lifer. For the most part this seems to deliver in all of these areas fairly well but does start to fade a bit towards the end of your workout I noticed. I mean you do still feel things but just not as strong as you do when you first take it. I found this to be fairly good on my stomach and never caused me any unwanted gut issues or upset stomach.

The cheapest I could find this was on tigerfitness.com and they want $34.99 for 28 servings. I think that is maybe just a little high for this. It's not a big deal but would like to see them up this to at least 30 servings so you get that full month. If this was any higher I would have to lower the value a bit more. It's an ok price I think but could be a little better.

Side Effects

Nothing I noticed.

Conclusion

Overall I thought this was a pretty effective pre-workout for me. I think they did a really good job at improving this pre compared to their first pre called Virus. If your looking for a good pre that will help you with energy, endurance, pumps, and focus I would recommend checking this out. Their first pre-workout I thought was not to great but with a bit of tweeking of the ingredients would have helped make that one a lot better and feel they did that with this one by improving it a lot. I would like to see a little creatine added to this to help make it a little better. Also I would like to see a few more sites start carrying their products and then maybe that would help to lower their prices a bit more. Again I want to give a big shout out to Outbreak for making this and letting me have the chance to try it.
    • War-Torn Melon: 7/10

September 1, 2017

• Supports Endurance
      Thanks to the peeps out at Outbreak Nutrition for providing this product up for review to the TROOPs. You can't throw a rock out the proverbial supplement market window these days without hitting a "new cutting edge pre-workout". It seems as though every established company and companies that come out of the woodwork hit you with "the next great thing" in pre-workouts. So to stick out from the crowd you have to bring more than hype. Here's what "Pathogen" from Outbreak Nutrition brought to the table.

Dosage

1 scoop 30-45 minutes before workout.

Ingredient Profile (8.5/10)

First things first, this product has full ingredient disclosure with no proprietary blends. Hopefully this will become the standard someday for supplements, but for now any company that goes full disclosure on their product ingredients has my respect in that regard. The formula is pretty good as well when you take a look at it.

First off you'll get 5 grams of Citrulline Malate per scoop, which is a decent amount for this ingredient. If you're really picky, like I am, than you'd like to see more in the 6 to 8 grams per scoop range for Citrulline Malate. Nevertheless though still a decent dosage. Next up is 3.2 grams of Beta Alanine, which is the "magic number" when it comes to Beta Alanine as that has been proven to be the clinically effective dosage. Next up is 1 gram of Agmatine Sulfate, which is my preferred dosage of this ingredient and definitely a hearty amount. This product features 350mg of caffeine which will make even the most tolerant stim junkies feel at least feel a bump, and a few nootropic ingredients with choline, theobromine, and Juglans Regia.

Overall this product has a solid formula that doesn't really cut in corners with the ingredients it uses. This is also creatine free for those that want to take a break or supplement their creatine elsewhere.

Mixture (9/10)

A simple mixing product, a few shakes in a shaker cup and you are all good to go. One of the best mixing pre-workouts I have ever used in terms of no left over and undissolved powder.

Taste (8/10)

I got to sample the "Double Barrel Berry" flavor, which appeared to be a blue raspberry flavor with a twist. It did not taste like any other blue raspberry flavor I have ever tried and was actually pretty enjoyable. This was a little tart tasting, but that's right up my alley. A good flavor to try for anyone interested in this product.

Effectiveness (8.5/10)

Now to what really matters, does this product work? As I do with any pre-workout I evaluate now, I grade it from the 5 points of performance I feel are most vital in a pre-workout: energy, strength, endurance, focus, and pumps.

Energy: 350mg of caffeine is enough to give just about anyone with a pulse a little jolt of energy. I am highly conditioned with stimulants and pre-workouts and I still managed to experience a nice boost of energy after taking this before the gym. Those less tolerant in stims should definitely feel this. Energy gets an A-.

Strength: Being a creatine free pre-workout, you will not experience much as far as strength boosts over the course of taking this product. Creatine free pre-workouts definitely have solidified their niche in the supplement world, but will not do much as far as assisting in increasing strength above what you would be able to do under normal circumstances. So strength category gets a D-.

Endurance: You will feel the tingles with this for sure, I definitely did! A clinical dose of Beta Alanine provides you the aid you need in endurance. I was able to knock out those crucial last few reps in a set each time and was able to keep coming back for more. Endurance gets an A.

Focus: The plethora of nootropic ingredients serves well in providing a calm and focused feeling. Nothing out of this worldly or tunnel vision like, but a noticeable increase in focus. I did not feel the jitters or the spaz out like feeling you can get when you intake a bunch of caffeine or stims, so focus gets a B+.

Pumps: 5 grams of Citrulline Malate is a decent sized dose, and provides good pumps. Add in 1 gram of Agmatine and you have a good formula to get the blood pumping and veins popping. Pumps also gets a B+.

Overall, this product excels in many facets of what I consider vital in a pre-workout and is a strong and effective product.

Value (8/10)

The best place to find this at appears to be A1 at $34.99 for 28 servings, or $1.25 per serving. Perhaps slightly high in price, but a fair value when you factor in that you are getting clinical or adequate doses of most of the ingredients.

Conclusion and Verdict

Pathogen is a solid pre-workout product that will hit you with great, energy, pumps, focus and provide solid endurance support. It's got clinical or adequate doses of all effective ingredients, is a viable creatine free option, and is fairly priced. Also mixes and tastes well. I give this product a big thumbs up and the Shinndigg Seal of Approval!
      • Double Barrel Berry: 8/10

August 22, 2017

Cons:

Whats up SR, I wanted to give a quick shoutout Outbreak Nutrition for hooking me up with a tub of Pathogen and for being a part of the Troop program. My training is hypertrophy style weights 6 days a week in the early mornings, squatting every day and combat training at night. With this much training volume I really need a pre that can get my ass in gear and get me dialled into the early morning workouts.

The profile of Pathogen was the main reason why I wanted to try this product, its a very comprehensive profile that includes ingredients for many of the main pre workout aspects (energy, focus, pumps, endurance). In order to keep this to the point, the profile is as follows:
      Citulline Malate 2:1 - 5g
      Beta Alanine - 3.2g
      Agmatine Sulfate- 1g
      Choline Bitartrate - 500mg
      Caffeine Anhydrous - 350mg
      TeaCrine - 125mg (at 40%)
      Theobromine - 100mg
      Juglans Regia (root) Extract - 100mg

I received a tub of the "Agent Orange- Pineapple) flavour. This flavour was solid, not the best Orange or Pineapple I've ever had, but tasty nonetheless. Mixability was great, perhaps because this product has no creatine there were no floaters or sinkers or chunks. Dosing was very straight forward at one scoop per serving, this was the dose I stuck to for the duration of the tub.

I'll break down the effectiveness into several key categories in order to keep this organized and simple.

Energy: with 350mg of caffeine this product definitely had some kick to it. The energy came on very strong and had no real crash. While I did find myself fading by the end of my workouts, I feel that can be attributed to the high volume of my training and not the pre wearing off.

Focus: the focus was good, but not great. Personally I would have liked to have seen some other Nootropic and focus based ingredients just from a diversity standpoint. I certainly was not losing focus during training, but I did lack that tunnel vision focus I like from my pre workouts.

Pumps: The pumps were very good with this product, Outbreak did a great job with their doing of both the citrulline and the agamtine, a combination I very much enjoy. Great pumps and vascularity while using this pre.

Strength and endurance: This is where the product loses some points in my review. Endurance was as good as expected with the clinical doing of the beat alanine. However with a lack of creatine (in any form) or an ATP booster there were no real strength boosts provided by this product. I would have liked to have seen at least some Creatine HCL in this for some power boost and strength gains.

Retails for 39.99 on the Outbreak website, Im unsure of other market pricing but Im sure you could find it cheaper elsewhere. Its a 28 serving tub, so about a months supply. This cost to serving ratio isn't the greatest, putting the servings at $1.42, not exactly ideal but you get what you pay for with this product as it is a true one scoop serving.

Side Effects

No side effects for me, obviously do not consume too close to bed time.

Conclusion

In conclusion you can mark me down as a fan of this pre workout. High energy and great pumps throughout my entire experience with this product. With the focus and endurance being solid I would certainly recommend this to anyone who trains in a hypertrophy/ bodybuilding style workouts. It will get you in the gym and keep you there. Seeing as it lacks creatine or any kind of strength aid I wouldn't think this would be a great product for a power lifter or olympic lifting athlete. I would certainly use this product again as it was consistent and worked well with my style of training. You get what you pay for with this pre workout. Well done Outbreak Nutrition.