(Better than 72% in Pre-Workout > Stimulant)

K-XR is a Pre-Workout manufactured by VMI Sports. It is designed to help provide a pre-training advantage by increasing mental focus, muscle performance, endurance and blood flow. This creates an environment optimal for increasing muscle mass and losing body fat.

November 5, 2018

• Energy Wears Away The Longer You Use The Product
  • No Endurance Boost
  • No Focus

Good Energy equivalent to caffeine pills but nothing else to talk about.

What is going on guys? The quest for the ultimate pre workout will never end, but the only way to try to find that magical formula that can throw you through a wall is to keep trying! I'd like to thank SR and VMI for the opportunity to write this review. Let's dive right in!

Here's what we know: it has 400mg of caffeine (wow), 1.5g of beta-alanine (just under half a clinical dose), and 500mg choline bitrate (another pretty low dose). The rest of the ingredient dosages are hidden in prop blends.

"Intense Pump Blend" 3300mg: Carnosyn (beta-alanine), L-Taurine, Theobromine. IMO there should be twice as much beta alanine in here because 1.5g won't ever give me tingles and other ingredients such as betaine or creatine should be added to even pass this as a 'muscle blend' and it would need NO boosters and citrulline or agmatine to even think about being called a pump blend. Taurine may have an okay dose in the remaining 1.7g of this blend but not enough to notice any of its full effects that its can do with blood flow and such.

"Maximum Energy Blend" 637mg: Multiple forms of caffeine mixed together here to get to 400mg of caffeine (Caffeine citrate, anhydrous, and di-caffeine) and then they added norcoclaurine and rauwolfia vomitoria extract with the remaining couple hundred milligrams.

"Focal and Cognitive Enhancing Blend" 503mg: basically just choline bitrate because it says 500mg of CB on the front and i guess 3mg of hypersuzia. Would love to see more than half a grams worth of ingredients in a 'focusing blend.'

Here's my two cents, this is a stim junkie 'crackhead' feeling kind of pre workout formula that revs you up with caffeine to hype you up and then thats about it! The other ingredients are too under-dosed to give you strength or focusing benefits from what I've used in the past. Once your body adapts to the caffeine dosage then what? You're left with shot adrenal glands and can't even get a feeling from the crazy high caffeine dosage.

Taste: Gummy bear was good. No criticism here, just reminded of a melted down candy kind of flavor

Mixibility: No problems, very standard

Dosage: 1 serving before my workouts. You'd have to be insane to double scoop this with that much caffeine.

Energy: This is the only benefit I received from this product. 400mg of caffeine for someone that does not consume caffeine regularly would knock them down and maybe out lol but I have built up a tolerance over time and I still got good energy from this product. I will say that my body started to adapt halfway through my third week with the product, meaning that the energy sensation that I got was becoming weaker. But for the most part I had big energy for all my workouts with this product.

Everything else (Focus, Blood Flow, Endurance, Muscle Performance): The Pump was nonexistent I wasn't going to even acknowledge this part but they had 'blood flow' as a benefit under the manufacturer description so I felt I had to at least address it. If the minimal dose of taurine was expected too deliver a boost to blood flow/pump that was just being overly optimistic. My strength and endurance were not affected by this product for better or for worse. I didn't get beta-alanine tingles because of the half dosage and whether it was because I believed it wouldn't affect me or not like placebo I didn't see a change in my work capacity (more or less reps when i took the supplement vs when I didn't). I was disappointed after reading all the positive reviews on this product and rather surprised looking back at how many people had success with this product.

Amazon currently has the lowest price for this product at $29.99. This comes out to $1 per scoop, which for a pre-workout is fine but not worth it for the results I got during my trial. i could have gotten caffeine pills for pennies and gotten the same effect.

Side Effects

Energy feeling will eventually be adapted to and diminished by your body.

Conclusion

A caffeine heavy pre workout that turns out to be a one trick pony.

Other Prices:
AllStarHealth   $29.79
A1Supplements   $34.95
Suppz.com   $34.99

November 3, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Increase Focus
  • Pump
  • Consistent Throughout Workout
  • Skin Tingles
  • Contains Proprietary Blends
  • Dyes

K-XR Pre-Workout supplement is solution to your high stimulant pre-workout needs. K-XR delivers everything you need, when you need it prior to training.

-RELENTLESS ENERGY & STAMINA

400mg caffeine split between fast acting and slow release forms, for ENDLESS energy during the most intense training sessions.

-PUMPS & PERFORMANCE

Patented CarnoSyn Beta Alanine, Theobromine and L-Taurine to boost endurance, stamina, pumps, and hydration.

-MIND-MUSCLE CONNECTION

K-XR Pre-Workout supplement provides potent focus boosters including Choline Bitartrate and Huperzine A, to give tunnel vision focus and superior mind-muscle connection.

-MUSCLE BUILDING

Longer workouts with greater intensity yields superior results in the gym, and bigger gains all around!

Thank you SR Trooper Program and VMI Sports for allowing me the opportunity to try this preworkout along with sending me some awesome samples. When I first glanced at the label and saw 400mg of caffeine, I was like, "Hell yea, I'm about to go tear thangs up!" I work out early in the morning, so I want all the kick that I can get to keep me moving. I've had pre-workouts with less than 400mg of caffeine that have given me a bigger boost than K-XR, however, I felt that where it was underwhelming in energy it delivered in areas of consistent skin tingles, pump, and focus.

Intense Muscle Blend 3300 mg Proprietary Blend: Carnosyn (beta-alanine), L-Taurine, TheobromineMaximum Energy Blend 632.5 mg

Proprietary Blend: Triple stage caffeine (KAFF caffeine citrate, caffeine anhydrous, infineregy di-caffeine malate), norcoclaurine (higenamine HCI), rauwolfia vomitoria extract (std. min 90% Rauwolscine)(root bark)

Focal & Cognitive Enhancing Blend 503 mg Proprietary Blend: Choline bitrate, huperzia serrata extract (std. min. 1% huperzine a)(club moss)Other Ingredients: Citric acid, natural & artificial flavor, silica, sucralose, acesulfame potassium, FD&C 40.

As mentioned before, I felt like the 400mg of caffeine stated on the product didn't really do it for me. Even though this product has prop blends, I felt that the Intense Muscle Blend and Focal Cognitive Enhancing Blend really saved this PWO for me. I had some pretty awesome pumps and my focus was on point whenever I needed it. What made me really enjoy K-XR was the consistency of those feelings day after day.

Taste: 7/10

I received the Gummy Bear flavor and had really high expectations of pure deliciousness. The taste that I was expecting would have been a mild tart with a smooth sweetness, however, the the flavor that I got was really tart and sweet. I did taste a little bit of the chemical after taste towards the end but mixing with water or dry-scooping was tolerable.

Mixability: 10/10

No problems putting a scoop into my water and swirling or dry scooping. Mixed smoothly and went down smooth as well.

Dosing: 7/10

The label suggests 1 scoop 15-30 mins before training or 1/2 scoop to assess tolerance. Even though this PWO had 400mg of caffeine, I felt like it wasn't enough for me considering I have tried other heavy hitting stim products with less caffeine. I did get some solid workouts in, I just didn't get the kick that I was expecting.

I really like the feeling of skin tingles. K-XR made my skin tingle every time that I have taken it. The energy increase was barely noticeable to me but the the pumps and focus were there. I had some really enjoyable workouts because I can really feel the ingredients kick in when I'm doing isolated exercises. I didn't notice any extra vascularity from this pre but the pumps that I got felt like bulking season pumps. Sort of like when you've gotten a good amount of carbs in or a good cheat meal prior to a workout. Amazing feeling. Overall, I enjoyed K-XR but I would like MOAR STIM!!!

The cheapest price I found for this product is 29.99 on Amazon. $1 a scoop isn't bad, however, I feel that 24.99 would have been a better price point to stay competitive with some of the other products out there.

Side Effects

Conclusion

I feel like VMI Sports has a great thing going on here. The product label looks pretty awesome and the pre-workout wasn't underwhelming nor was it overwhelming. This "high stimulant" product wasn't the solution for me, but everything else was! All in all, I loved that the product worked and they have some pretty intriguing flavors which might lead me to try this product again.
  • Gummy Bear: 7/10

Other Prices:
AllStarHealth   $29.79
A1Supplements   $34.95
Suppz.com   $34.99

October 24, 2018

• Dyes

A nice stimulant pre-workout with a good price.

Thank you to the people at VMI who continue to produce good supplements. Stimulant post-workout is not a normal supplement in my workout but I wanted this because I needed a boost to keep my cardio going after weight lifting. This was a product that is easy to take and mix with my normal supplement products. This was a pre-workout that did what I wanted and delivered like most VMI products do.

The intro ingredients are Niacin 35 mg and vitamin B12 35 mg. The ingredients are then put into 3 categories called Intense Pump Blend 3.3 g, Maximum Energy Blend 637 mg, and Focul & Cognitive Enhancing Blend 505 mg. It does not break down each ingredient which I prefer. Intense Pump Blend is CarnoSyn (Beta-Alanine), Taurine, and Theobromine. The Maximum Energy Blend is a Caffeine mix, Hordenine, and Raulwolfia Root. The Focul & Cognitive is Choline Bilartrate and Huperzia Serada. Beta-Alanine is an amino acid that helps muscle fatigue and can help with weight loss, muscle growth, fight heart disease, and define the body. Taurine is an amino acid with many benefits such as stop weight gain, prevents seizure, and helps with heart disease. Theobromine is used as a heart stimulant. Caffeine is straight forward and is found in teas and coffee. Hordenine for cognitive function, stimulate energy and improve mood. It can also be an appetite suppression. Rauwolfia can lower blood pressure. Choline is for cognitive boosting properties and is a liver health agent. It is able to cut fatty liver build up found in high amounts in eggs, the yolks in particular. Huperzia Serrata is from a northern plant to work with brain functioning. These ingredients are found in other pre-workouts or supplements and I have no issues with the ingredients, so I give it a good rating.

I was able to get this in Cherry Lime Italian Ice and the taste was good. Mixability was good and the product broke down well. The dosing was good. It was one scoop that I mixed with water 8 oz (0.3 kg) water and it said to take it 30 minutes before workout. Everything was good and had no issues, so I give it a good ranking.

I think the effectiveness was great. I normally take my pre-workout on the way to the gym which is only about 5-10 minutes away. I do this because my workouts usually takes 1.5 hours with the last 45 minutes being cardio and I want to make sure there is enough energy toward the end of the workout. Since cardio is at the end and I want to keep up my workout going after weight lifting, so I want the necessary energy at the end. When taking it about 5-10 minutes before the workout, I would feel a boost in energy around cardio time. After a few weeks of working out, I did not shake the tub so a few days I got a ton of energy so remember to shake the tub often. I am not saying I got it every time, but I did get more at the end. I am not for sure how you handle a pre-workout but I prefer taking mine 5-10 minutes before workout and have had success with that and get what I need. Regardless of how you take your pre-workout, this pre-workout was effective. I give this a high-ranking.

I found this for $30 with 30 servings which is $1.00 per serving. This is good price compared to the good pre-workouts on the market. If you can get it for $1 or cheaper per serving and the product is good, than get it. I give this a great rating.

Side Effects

Conclusion

All in all, good product for a stimulant pre-workout. The ingredient was great and I also enjoyed the taste. I did feel that the product was working. The value was good because less expensive than other stimulant products. I had no side effects which can come with some pre-workouts. I will give it a good value overall.

October 16, 2018

• Consistent Throughout Workout

K-XR is a stim heavy pre-workout designed to get you moving. If you have the guts (and Tolerance) this will get you killing it in the gym.

Hello all, I am back with another product from VMI. I had the pleasure of running a VMI stack and found that they worked well together and helped me push through some fun workouts. I am a 46 year old guy who isn't totally ready to admit to being older (if you know what I mean). I have 2 kids a puppy and a wife that take a lot of time. I am generally on a cut as I can gain fat pretty easy. I tend to use supplements to help me with these goals.
    I logged the products as well, so if your interested feel free to check it out. During the run I was doing stuff everyday. I was lifting 4 days a week (Marc Lobliner 12 week functional fitness), as well as some form of cardio and such on the off days.

OK, my one knock.... Prop blends. I know, it shouldn't matter but it does. I am getting spoiled in my old age and I like knowing what I am putting in the old system. Anyway here we go, and remember you can always look up ingredients to see what they do and if you want to take them.

Niacin 35mg: Can help with blood flow. At this dose it shouldn't be harmful and can possibly help so it can stay.
    Vitamin B12 @ 35mcg: Can increase energy, however the effective dosage is probably closer to 1mg, so in this case I would drop this. I do however have a daily vitamin that also has this so I am slightly jaded.

Intense Pump Blend: 3.3g
    Carnosyn, Taurine, Theobromine

So the issue would be dosing. Carnosyn (beta alanine) is normally dosed at 3.2 G's and can be dosed higher. Taurine 500mg to 2000mg. Theobromine 25mg to 1000mg. Let's assume 3.2g's of carnosyn, which helps with blood flow (gives the tingles). Then the dosage is good. Which leaves 100mg for the rest. I will say that it worked for me so even if the dosages are low they seem to work together. I don't think I noticed much pump from the Theobromine, however I think I am too fat for pumps. I noticed a fullness when I added Agmapure, but without that added ingredient I didn't notice anything. I would like to see this breakdown. 3.2g, 1g, 500mg. But hey that is just me.

Maximum energy blend @ 637mg

Here we do have a little better idea as they state on the bottle 400mg of caffeine. ( although it is between Caffeine citrate and caffeine anhydrous). Then Infinergy (Dicaffeine Malate), Hordenine HCL, Rawolfia vomitoria root extract.

Once again this worked for me. I did not get the jitters nor did I crash. For me this "blend" seemed to work so I don't think that I would change it.

Focal & Cognitive Enhancing Blend @ 503mg

Consisting of Choline Bitartrate and Huperzia serrata club moss extract.
    This is to help your focus. Please read MarsheS review of this as my experience was different. I felt like I was "on" when I took this. My aside note is that I work out at home and don't have distractions. So for me I felt pretty focused as I went through my workout. At the end of the day I don't think I would change anything here either.

I received the Cherry Lime Italian Ice and found it enjoyable. Kind of a tart sweet taste to me. Obviously depending on how much water you use makes the taste different.

I had no issues mixing this in as little at 6 ounces of water in my shaker bottle. That being said I normally used 10 to 12 ounces of water. (I work out in the morning and feel I need to get liquids into my system).

Dosing is as simple as it can be. 1 scoop 15 to 20 minutes before working out. To be fair, I used this everyday first thing in the morning (maybe a time or two later). I found that it normally started kicking in at the 20 minute mark for me. I also found that even if I waited longer it still helped my workouts. Other thing to note is that if you slam it and go I would feel the effects a little earlier.

I know that this is the important part of the review. However it is also kind of short and long..... So here is for the short side for you, it works.... Now those of you who are still reading, a little longer version. Looking back at my log, I consistently increased either reps or weight during the whole run of this. I also had extra energy and added some stuff on various days. Considering that the plan I was using was 5 sets of 10 or more I think that is pretty good. I also note that I did cardio after lifting. So even though it is high stim I didn't feel my heart explode, and yes I have one.... Or at least I haven't been told I am heartless since high school (you do the math). I also liked that for me I didn't crash afterwards, just a nice slow mellowing if that makes sense. So for me this was very effective, lastly this was my only caffeine intake for the day so I was glad it lasted a while.

As of 10/16/2018 VMI is running it for $34.99 a tub, 30 servings (unless you think you need 800mg's of stims...)

Amazon 1 time purchase has it for $29.99.

This is right in my friend zone. Basically a dollar a day, you can't go wrong with that. I think NutraBio has some that are a little more, however RCSS has YeahBuddy for basically the same. So I am content on paying for this, as it delivered the performance I want.

Side Effects

When stacking with Agmapure I had some pre workout runs to the bathroom. Without that I was way more normal but Caffeine can help loosen things up, at least for me. No emergency evacuation or accidents while working out though. Occasional tingles from the Carnosyn. I will also add that if you are stimulant sensitive to be aware this has a good kick....

Conclusion

This is pretty simple. If you are stimulant sensitive, try a quarter or half scoop. If you like stims use this for 30 productive workouts. I know that there are some prop blends in this and I would like to see the transparency that NutraBio shows, however this seemed to work. More importantly there didn't seem to be any effects that would make me question what is in here. (if you know what I mean). VMI seems to have come out with products that work for me and therefore I will cut them some slack on the blends thing. I look forward to running some of the other flavors down the road and would tell you all that you should give this a go as well. As a final thought/ side note, I am a VERY STIM tolerant person. I know some of the reviewers had issues with this, but I honestly didn't. So, use your head, check your ego at the door and use this responsibly.....
    • Cherry Lime Italian Ice: 8/10

September 25, 2018

• No Pump Ingredients

K-XR is a high stim pre workout, and that's just what I love. I've used high stim pre workouts for as long as I can remember and it takes alot for me to feel them like I need to. I'm really beginning to love VMI as a brand, they offer some really good products and this one is no exception. Thank you VMI and SR for letting me try this.

So, like I said, I've used high stim pre workouts for a really long time, all the way back to the days of the original Jack3d, but I've recently taken a break from them for about a year. I tried to cut back on my caffeine intake for a long time but I felt like I was ready again to try a high stim pre workout. I seen some good reviews for this and I seen it was by VMI, which has treated me great in the past, so I figured why not give it a try. I wasn't taking any other pre workout along side this, this was my energy source. I need that energy as I get older I feel like I get tired quicker, I feel myself slacking sometimes in the gym and a pre workout like this just gives me that push I need. I've become a big fan of VMI over the last few months, they seem to have some very good quality products. I work out about 5-7 days a week, with a mix of cardio and weight training.

Ok they do have a prop blend in this, I know a lot of people are wary about this these days, but I believe VMI is a company I can trust when it comes to quality of ingredients so it didn't bother me much. The prop blend is as follows:

First we have an Intense Pump Blend

It's 3,300mg and includes a mix of CarnoSyn (beta-alanine), L-Taurine, Theobromine.

Beta Alanine is known to most as that tingling feeling you get when you take a pre workout, it's main purpose is to raise muscle carnosine levels and to support muscle performance in a short to medium duration.

Next we have L-taurine, which is a non essential amino acid which seems to have some mixed benefits. It's said to help with heart function, vasodilation, and it works as a anti-oxidant.

Finally we have Theobromine, this is similar to caffeine and can improve mood and blood flow.

We're not done yet, we now have a Maximum energy blend consisting of 632.5 mg. The main thing about this product that stands out, is the caffeine amount. We have here a triple stage caffeine designed to fuel your entire workout and limit your crash. They do this so you don't feel the caffeine all at once at the beginning of your workout and then feel super tired when you are in the middle of it. I really like the way they made this. The caffeine amount is about 400 mg, which is a lot of caffeine.

Our finally blend is a Focal and Cognitive enhancing blend consisting of 503 mg. It includes choline bitartrate and huperzia serrata extract. Choline is supposed to help increase athletic performance, lower blood pressure, control mood swings and apparently is used to treat Alzheimer's disease. Huperzia Serrata extract was hard to find what it actually does, but apparently it helps with memory loss and is also used to treat Alzheimer's disease.

Overall I think this is a good ingredient profile for a high stim pre workout.

I received the Cherry Lime Italian Ice flavor and it tasted really good for a pre-workout. I've been around long enough to taste some pretty disgusting pre-workouts so I never get my hopes up or expect too much when it comes to the flavor of a pre-workout, but this one surprised me it was actually good. I normally have to just chug it down real fast and deal with the taste but I actually enjoyed this one. I would mix it with about 10 ounces of water and drank it about 20 minutes before my workout. I used 1 scoop a day just about but sometimes I went over a tiny bit, maybe a 3rd. I knew how much caffeine was in it so I was mindful of that. It mixed well, it tasted good and the dosage felt right, what more can you ask.

So what I wanted out of this product was some hard hitting energy and that's what got delivered. Every day I took this I could feel the energy I got from it and it helped me a lot. I'm one of those guys who when they get tired they sort of just give up and the rest of there workout is basically useless because of slacking. I need that energy boost and this helped me with that. I wouldn't get tired as fast and I felt energy throughout my entire workout not just the beginning. In the energy department this was an A plus for me. I got what I needed out of it, usually for example I'd get tired on the treadmill and not want to finish my cardio session because i'm lazy but this helped me push past that feeling and get it over with.

As far as pump goes, it was okay, but I wasn't really looking for a pump product. It was decent, but nothing super. It had an interesting pump profile so I didn't really expect much out of it.

Focus was another area I felt it was good at, I normally get distracted a lot while doing my cardio, I don't like to listen to music while I work out like most people so the time usually feels like forever but while taking this I felt like time flew by. 45 minute cardio session, no problem. I would start and the next thing I know I was half way there, then I'm finished and it's like where did the time go. It was a really good addition that I didn't expect. I get bored a lot when on the treadmill and sometimes I'll just give up because I'm so bored but this helped me focus on what I was doing and finish it. Really good.

The cheapest I found this for was on amazon for $29.95 and with free shipping. I believe that's a pretty good deal considering the quality of what you are getting and how well it works. I would buy it for that. It's a good price point, not too much. It's some good value for an effective high stim pre workout. No complaints about the price here.

Side Effects

No side effects to report.

Conclusion

I really enjoyed using this pre workout. It's got a lot of energy to give and that's what I wanted. I have come to respect VMI and the products they offer to be well done and of good quality. K-XR is a good priced pre workout and it works well in most categories. It's a high stim pre workout so be wary of your caffeine intake but besides that, I definitely recommend you try it.

6.7

• No Vascularity
    • No Increased Strength
    • Diarrhea

INTRODUCTION

What's up SupplementReviews (SR). This is my second review of this product. Unfortunately, SupplementReviews suffered a database error and my first review couldn't be recovered :( Thanks to SupplementReviews and VMI Sports Nutrition for trusting us and making this possible through the SR Troop Program. I took 1 week off stimulants before taking K-XR to reduce my caffeine tolerance. The plan was to take 2 weeks off but I had to take Amino-Tone + Energy. I lift weights 5 days a week from Monday to Friday and preworkouts have become my second most important supplements to take. Customer Service is excellent, the rep from the brand here at SR always answered what I wrote, shipping was fast and they were nice enough to send me samples of each of their flavors for the K-XR so good job with the marketing!

After reading the first reviews of K-XR, (10's and 9's), most of us were very eager to try this product because it's very difficult to receive a 9 at SupplementReviews, even less a 10. I couldn't believe those scores because the Nutrition Fact doesn't really look so strong on Ingredients. Fortunately, it became available through the SR Troop Program and I was able to grab it so let's see how it worked...

INGREDIENT PROFILE

3 Proprietary Blends. I don't mind Proprietary Blends, I think companies have the right to protect their formulas. I just want the ingredients to work well together and not be underdosed. If I only think as a consumer, of course all I care about is transparency but hey, not everything is about the consumer's view. That being said, full transparency should always be rewarded. The company that protects the formula should give some "hints" about the possible amounts of their ingredients for us consumers to perceive they aren't underdosed. VMI Sports kind of give us a few hints. They tell us each scoop has 400mg of Caffeine from 3 caffeine sources so that's a plus. 1 of the caffeine sources is released really fast (citrate), the other is released fast (anhydrous) and the other one is slow (continuous) release. In theory that's a good combination. It worked? Just wait for the effectiveness part...

The Intense Pump Blend with 3300mg consists of 3 ingredients: Beta-Alanine, Taurine and Theobromine. This blend tells me it's not so underdosed because it could be 2g-1g-300mg or 1.5g-1.5g-300mg. These are the "hints" I'm talking about. It's far from the clinical dose of 3.2g of Beta-Alanine but Beta-Alanine is effective for me with 2g doses. I congratulate VMI Sports because they tried a combination of ingredients for Pump that are not so common. For Pumps, we see the typical Citrulline, Arginine, Agmatine, Hydromax, etc, but not Beta-Alanine, Taurine and Theobromine... It worked? Continue waiting for the effectiveness part, you're almost there ;)

And finally the Focus and Cognitive Enhancing Blend with 500mg of 2 ingredients: Choline Bitartrate and Huperzia Serrata Extract. Good ingredients that are proven. Was that dose enough? Ok no more waiting...

EFFECTIVENESS

And finally the part you've been waiting for... "Does this deserve a score of 10 or 9!? tell me MarsheS!" *After laughing for 30 minutes...* Hell no! It doesn't! This preworkout had something strange, it had different effectiveness with distractions and without distractions. With distractions example can be a phone call, people chatting, people talking about different topics (sports, politics, etc) and other examples. So i'll divide this section in 2: With Distractions and Without Distractions.

WITHOUT DISTRACTIONS: It worked alright without distractions. The PUMP BLEND never got to work, no additional pump nor vascularity BUT it's not all about Pump. That blend worked alright in terms of endurance and fatigue delay. I could recover faster between sets. It wasn't something extraordinary (nothing 9 nor 10) but it worked alright, like an 8. I thought the tingling sensation was because of the Beta-Alanine but then I saw this also had Niacin. The ENERGY BLEND worked well together with the previous blend but I was expecting more considering the energy blend is the main attribute of K-XR and because of the scores received. The energy decreased a lot after 60 minutes. The sustained release caffeine hasn't worked for me so well in other supplements and this wasn't the exception. After the fast release caffeines were gone, it was all about survival and finally finishing the workout. It wasn't like other preworkouts that I had to force myself to finish my workout; with K-XR I was happy I finished my workout because I just didn't want to continue. My workouts usually last 1 hour 45 minutes - 2 hours, with 15-20 minutes of warm up. The FOCUS BLEND was decent as long as you didn't suffer any distractions. Post-Workout Crash.

WITH DISTRACTIONS: I think this one is more important than the one without distractions because we usually get distracted while we lift. If you sit for 5 minutes minimum or receive a phone call and talk for some minutes or talk about different life topics (What I call distractions), then the energy was gone. It was like the energy telling you: "Hey, if you're not going to use me, then I'm gone". I would feel some energy inside my body but it wasn't available to use. That would produce a feeling of something cold inside of you (like chills kind of). The focus was gone. Focus was good until distractions came. Once they came, bye bye Focus. I know focus ingredients can't do all the job but this didn't help me recover from the distractions. And the endurance, fatigue delay, etc were gone too. The tireness feeling would last the whole workout so obviously the other "benefits" wouldn't come. I was very dissapointed with these effects. No pump nor vascularity. I don't want to completely blame the 3 ingredients Beta-Alanine, Taurine and Theobromine. MAYBE they didn't give us pump nor vascularity because of the high amount of Caffeine. Post-Workout Crash.

And... did you notice I never talked about STRENGTH? When I saw the formula, I asked myself what ingredient was going to give me increased strength? I think that they probably expected that "intense energy" to produce additional strength but they were wrong because it didn't. One thing is energy, another thing is strength, don't confuse them. All the weights felt heavier and I couldn't increase the weight of any of my lifts. That means no increased strength. I knew I was going to be dissapointed with the strength area. I know you wanted to do a creatine free product BUT when preworkouts don't have creatine and want to give additional strength, then they add other ingredients like BCAA's, Betaine and/or maybe more proven ingredients to increase nitric oxide and that would give us more strength. But unfortunately, this wasn't the case. For additional strength, I had to add a scoop of my Betancourt Creatine Plus. It worked great! :D

So the final result of effectiveness is: 6.7: "Seemed like it was working, but not much of a boost."

TASTE/MIXABILITY/DOSING

TASTE: I requested the Miami Vice flavor or the Tropical Punch flavor but I received the Blueberry Raz flavor. I thought it would be the typical Blue Raspberry artificial flavor but nope, I was wrong. Blueberry Raz is a combination of 3 flavors: Blueberry, Pineapple and Coconut. When I saw it had Coconut, I thought I wasn't going to like this but I was wrong. The flavor was DELICIOUS! I miss it now that it's gone :'( I could feel each one of the 3 flavors. Congratulations for the delicious flavor, original and unique combination. 9/10!

Judging the other flavors because I had a sample of them would be kind of unfair. But if you would like to know my thoughts, then the Miami Vice was alright, I liked it too, not like the Blueberry Raz but it was tasty. It's a mix of Strawberry, Pineapple and Coconut. 8/10! The Tropical Punch flavor was also alright, it's a combination of Watermelon, Strawberry and Coconut. 7.5/10! And then the Cherry Lime Italian Ice. I didn't like it, it tasted like medicine. 5/10. That could have changed with 30 servings though but I hated the taste lol.

MIXABILITY: Never gave me problems mixing it. Humidity never affected the powder. Good job! 10/10!

DOSING: I took 1 scoop with 10oz of water 40 minutes before working out. Why 40? Because I usually had to go to the bathroom after taking this lol!

VALUE

Tiger Fitness has it for $34.99, Suppz has it for $34.99 but they are giving you a free Agmapure from the same brand so get it while it lasts! Amazon prices always change, right now, I saw one for $25, others are $29-$30. A1Supplements has it for $34.95. AllStarHealth for $29.99, Vitamin Discount Center for $32.99, etc. I wouldn't pay more than $25 for this Preworkout. The results are too average and that's what an average preworkout should cost. I wouldn't pay more than that unless I get a deal like the one Suppz has.

SIDE EFFECTS

Diarrhea after taking it. It happened with like 15 servings, upset stomach with other 5 servings. I could only lift without going to the bathroom only like 10 days. I don't know if it was because of the amount of dyes or the high amount of Caffeine or a combination of both. I think the user workoutguru mentioned it could be the Rauwolfia. If you want to know the difference between being tired because of the workout and a Post-Workout Crash, then take K-XR. Always suffered a crash like 1-2 hours after finishing my workout. If you combine this + the "Without Distractions" effect, then the day was awful!

CONCLUSIONS

A lot of caffeine but with average results. More is not always better. No additional Pump nor Vascularity. Endurance, Focus, Fatigue Delay were ok but nothing special nor extraordinary. IMO, this preworkout is for first time users that don't do heavy weightlifting and they do some cardio after lifting. First time users should make sure to begin with half scoop though. The value might be better for them because of that. Considering this didn't give me increased strength and the effects of the other ingredients were average, then I wouldn't recommend this preworkout for experienced users. Most brands have an average preworkout and a stronger preworkout. If VMI expected this to be their strongest preworkout, then they are wrong. You might get tired of your bathroom. Delicious flavor, I loved it. Excellent customer service and marketing. Nice colors and label. Don't know how this preworkout reached a score of 10 and 9 here at SupplementReviews because it's not even close to that. I'm dissapointed because I had high expectations.

SUGGESTIONS FOR THE COMPANY

1. Investigate what is possibly causing all the side effects we have all mentioned because they are obviously affecting the performance and effectiveness of the ingredients.
    2. Remove most of the dyes, it's too much. The heavy colors won't make us like the preworkout more unless you're trying to convince an 18 year old (which would be a first time user). If the dyes are there because they neutralize a bad taste from one of the ingredients, then ok. But if not, then remove the excess.
    3. Do something for us to get additional strength. Add some Creatine or Betaine or BCAA's or do something about it because a preworkout that doesn't give any strength is very bad IMO (unless you only do cardio stuff).
    4. Change the name of the "Intense Pump Blend" to "Intense Endurance or Performance Blend". Sounds more real.
    5. Lower the Caffeine amount and put more milligrams in the Intense Pump Blend.
    6. Considering the high amount of stimulants, then add more Focus ingredients or increase the dose.
    • Blueberry Razz: 9/10

May 7, 2017

• Weak Pumps Possibly Underdosed
    Shout out to the peeps at VMI for providing this product to the TROOPs. Most of us that are chasing that pot of gold they call gainzz at the end of the proverbial rainbow use a pre-workout supplement. They are probably the most popular supplements besides proteins used today. That also means that there are a lot of options out there, so let's see how K-XR stacked up in my eyes.

Dosage

1 scoop roughly about 45 minutes prior to workout.

Ingredient Profile (7.5/10)

If you are looking for a fully disclosed label, unfortunately you will not find one here. So we get to play the fun game of prop blend deductive reasoning! A full scoop is 7.7 grams, broken down into 3 prop blends. The first one is a 3.3 gram "Intense Pump" blend, consisting of beta-alanine, taurine, and theobromine. From this we can conclude that we are likely not getting a clinical dose of beta alanine, which is 3.2 grams. I wouldn't really consider beta alanine a pump inducing product anyway.

Next up is a "Maximum Energy Blend" at 632.5mg. The one thing we do know from the label is that the caffeine sources add up to 400mg, which is a bananas crazy amount!

Lastly, we get a 503mg "Focal and Cognitive Enhancing" Blend consisting of Choline Bitartrate and Huperzia.

Overall a decent lineup for profile, not the most impressive you'll see around but enough goodies in there to provide some good benefits.

Mixture (7/10)

This product mixes up fairly well, however you will get some undissolved powder and some residue action in your shaker cup from this. The directions called for 6 to 8 ounces of water, I used 12 and still had some leftovers in my shaker.

Taste (8.5/10)

I got to sample the Tropical Punch flavor in this product for my full container, described as a mixture of watermelon, strawberry, and coconut flavors. This was actually a pretty good flavor and made for a tasty little drink before the gym. Like others have alluded to the flavoring is strong with this product, but I found it to be enjoyable. I got to sample the gamut of other flavors offered in this product via samples VMI was nice enough to send along, and all the flavors were good in my opinion.

Effectiveness (7.5/10)

I like to break down pre-workouts into what I consider the 5 important points of performance:

Energy- With 400mg of caffeine, it's hard not to feel the energy with this product. If you have a pulse, you'll get amped up taking this. I would actually wait a little longer after taking this to go to the gym so that I would level off a little bit before hitting the weights. Not for the light at heart for sure. Energy gets an A.

Strength-This is a creatine free pre-workout, so you're not going to see much in the area of strength increase. Luckily for me I was taking Armistane during my run of this product, so I was able to get my strength increases elsewhere. If you're taking a separate creatine, test booster, PH, or ect. This would be a good product to use; otherwise you'll have to rely on good old fashioned tenacity alone to increase your strength. Strength gets a D.

Endurance- This product does have beta alanine, but in all likelihood not an effective dose of it. You still feel the tingles a bit, but not enough to make a profound difference. Endurance gets a C.

Pumps- With no real "N.O." or pump-inducing ingredients, the pump factor in this product is lackluster in my eyes. Although I consider pumps to be the least significant point of performance, if you feel the need to be busting out at the seams you might want to look elsewhere or stack with a separate pump product. Pumps get a D.

Focus- This was the other legitimate thing I felt while using this product, that good old tunnel vision and in the zone feeling. I almost wouldn't recognize or pay attention to the hot girls in yoga pants on the treadmills, that's how I knew the focus factor was legit in this product. Focus gets an A.

Overall Grade for effectiveness: C+

Value (8/10)

The cheapest spot you can grab this in on allstarhealth, $29.99 for 30 servings, I think the math on that one is pretty simple. Not a bad price for a pre-workout, the only knock I would make is that if you're looking for a full spectrum pre-workout experience you would have to buy separate products to complete the cycle.

Side Effects

None to speak of, guess I was lucky on this one compared to others.

Conclusion and Verdict

This was a pretty decent pre-workout in my opinion, it does lack in some areas namely strength and pumps. However it makes up for it in other areas like energy and focus. With that all weighed together I ultimately give it the "meh" rating, although I lean more towards the positive side on this product.
    • Tropical Punch: 8/10

April 6, 2017

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Clean Energy
    • Long Last Energy
    • Strength Boost
    • Skin Tingles
    • Consistent Throughout Workout
    • Increase Focus
    • Some Insomnia Is Taken Too Late
    • No Pump Ingredients

Hey SR-and thank you to VMI for participating in the TROOPs program and giving me a chance to try out this seriously intense PWO. I'd seen lots of good press on here about this, and then had a buddy in my office recommend it as well. When it popped up on the dashboard I jumped at it. Ultimately, it lived up to its name as a high-stim, intense PWO. Sometimes, too much; but too much for me isn't hard to do. I love caffeine, but other stim products tend to make me uncomfortable. I loved that this product had 400mg of caffeine in it, but quickly determined that the dosing difference between perfection and too much was a very fine line. VMI makes one of my favorite products of all time (arimistane), and it seems their products always pack a punch but have a few side effects. Overall, I love the brand. Here's my take on K-XR in detail

X-XR is a prop blend. However, they do categorize things by their intended effects and if you know how you'll react to certain ingredients at certain dosages (and can connect the dots from other parts of the label) you can actually break down the blend to individual ingredients pretty closely.

First is their "Intense Pump Blend", which represents 3300mg overall and consists of CarnoSyn, Taurine, and Theobromine. I typically feel Beta Alanine (CarnoSyn) at 2g(+). When drinking this, I immediately felt tingles on my lips and within 15 minutes felt them down through my hands. I'd assume this puts the total CarnoSyn amount at 2.5(ish)g, leaving 800mg for the taurine and theobromine.

Next is the "Maximum Energy Blend". This represents 632.5mg and includes triple stage caffeine (incl. infinergy), and is meant to delay the release throughout your workout and eliminate the potential to crash. You also find Higenamine HCL (a feature ingredient), and rauwolscine. At the bottom of the label is a disclaimer that tells us there is 400mg of total caffeine per serving. That leaves 232.5mg for the Higenamine and Rauwolscine. *Higenamine is lumped into a category called "adrenergic receptor agonists" by the world doping agency. Its legality is questionable. If you are a drug tested athlete, inquire with your sport's testing board prior to taking this.*

Last we have the "Focal & Cognitive Enhancing Blend" at 503mg, and including Choline Bitartrate with Hyperzia Serrata Extract.

Dyes are strong here, and the taste is VERY strong. I was not crazy about it. I received the Blue Raspberry flavor, but also got samples for their other options. None of them were bad, but all of them were very strong and had coconut flavor in them somewhere. Why is there coconut flavoring in just about everything now??

It mixed fairly well, but never completely. No real clumping, but always some settling at the bottom.

I took this 15 minutes before my workout and felt it working very quickly.

I'll break this down by the categories marketed by VMI

Pumps: 4/10 That might be generous. I didn't notice any pump from this, nor did I expect to. They have the "intense pump blend", but I've never thought of CarnoSyn as a pump ingredient. Taurine maybe, but not an intense one; same with theobromine. Both help with blood flow, but I never think of them as ingredients to provide any real pump.

Energy: 10/10 Yep. 400mg of caffeine, theobromine, higenamine, rauwolscine, etc. How can you not get crazy energy after taking this? Unfortunately, dosing was a fine line. Too much and I quickly felt very energized AND nauseous. That wasn't ideal and became a drag on my workout a few times. That was made worse by not being able to workout as hard, thus not expelling that energy, and ultimately not sleeping. So, careful with dosing.

Focal & Cognitive Enhancement: 8/10 Very good. I was less likely to become distracted while taking this, and moved swiftly from one workout to another. I lift after work during primetime at the gym, and this focus blend helped me shark through crowds of people when I'd see equipment open up. Very handy.

The best price I found was $32.99 from Walmart? Since when does Walmart sell stuff like this? Anyway, with 30 servings, that puts it at $1.17/serving. That's a fair price and right around market average for a product like this.

Side Effects

VMI makes awesome products usually, but I think they also tend to have sides. This was no exception. I'm susceptible to the cold sweats of the Rauwolscine-so that's one. They came on every time I took it and I am not a fan. Second was nausea. I had to be really careful dosing this. A full scoop brought it on every time, and a half scoop wasn't enough to be effective. There's a line on the scooper about 1/16th of an inch below the rim and I found that was my perfect measurement to balance high energy and focus w/o feeling nauseated. Last was insomnia. I lift after work, and this might not be the best choice for that schedule. Most nights I was having trouble sleeping after taking it.

Conclusion

Altogether this is a hell of a PWO and one I think others might be able to handle better than I could. I always seem to be prone to side effects from anything that can have them, and besides caffeine I'm not really into high-stim products. I'd say it's worth trying for anyone. If it agrees with you, you're going to love it. But if you're like me, you might need to play with dosing a bit and respect the potency. Thanks again VMI and well-done with this one overall!
    • Blueberry Razz: 7/10
    • Cherry Lime Italian Ice: 5/10
    • Miami Vice: 8/10
    • Tropical Punch: 8/10

April 5, 2017

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Clean Energy
    • Consistent Throughout Workout
    • Slow Release Energy
    • Long Last Energy
    • Strength Boost
    • Skin Tingles
    • Some Insomnia If Taken Too Late
    • Dyes
    What's cracking fellow SRs? I'm back with another review on another high stim preworkout (at least in my eyes), this time from VMI Sports Nutrition. Huge thank you to VMI Sports for allowing me to try their preworkout. I had good success with their AgmaPure Agmatine Sulfate, and I had been seeing great reviews here on SR so I decided to give it a shot.

The one problem I have with this ingredient profile is that everything is in three blends. Three blends in categories of intense pump blend, maximum energy blend, and focal & cognitive enhancing blend. It would be nice if everything was fully disclosed. Intense Pump Blend 3,300mg. Maximum Energy Blend 632.5mg. Focus & Cognitive Enhancing Blend 503mg. I found the Intense Pump Blend to be very interesting. Three ingredients can be found: beta alanine, taurine, theobromine. Not normal pump ingredients we normally see in a preworkout. 400mg of caffeine can be found in the Maximum Energy Blend. It is a three stage caffeine (caffeine citrate, caffeine anhydrous, di-caffeine malate). The three stage caffeine is for a constant release of energy.

Taste
    I received Cherry Lime Italian Ice and I enjoyed every scoop of it. As other reviewers have mentioned, the dyes are heavy and it had a slight chemical flavor. One of my favorite snacks during the summer is water ice. The Cherry Lime Italian Ice reminded me of Rita's cherry flavored water ice. The color and taste is spot on the same as Rita's. For those of you who don't know what Rita's is, it is a water ice shop with many different combos and flavors.

Mixability/Dosing
    It mixed decently in 10 ounces of water. I still experienced minor settlement at the bottom. This preworkout is a definite one scooper. I used one flat scoop and sipped on it about 30-45 minutes before a workout. I'm not crazy/brave enough to try as medinacirilo called it a "bro scoop".

The product was hard hitting. After the first sip, the caffeine rush and beta alanine were present. Pumps were not as good as other preworkouts. If you're looking for a pump, I would recommend stacking the preworkout with a pump product. I stacked this with VMI VasogenXT pump product and had better pumps. Nothing major, but it was much better. The energy was clean and smooth. I was able to push through mental barriers with the focus and concentration I had. The focus and energy helped me get that extra rep. However at times, I felt like there was too much energy. I would literally bounce of walls. This would affect my workouts negatively as I found it harder to keep my form tight. Overall though, great energy, good focus, and lack luster pumps.

The cheapest I found the product was around $30 on Amazon for 30 servings, which comes to $1 per serving. And since this a true one scooper, each time it'll be one buck for With Amazon Prime, free two day shipping. I personally feel that the price is very fair. Even though the pumps were lacking, I still feel that this is a solid preworkout and definitely worth my hard earned money.

Side Effects
    There were some definite side effects. The side effects arose due to errors on my part. Taking it too late at night would not allow me to sleep at a normal time. Anytime I took the product past 7pm, I would not be able to sleep till the next morning (around 3~4am). Sometimes if I ate a meal with few carbs before a workout, I would experience a chilling effect. I also had increased urine output, probably caused by the theobromine. In one workout, I would pee 3 or 4 times.

Conclusion
    Don't let the 400mg of caffeine scare you. The nice thing about the product is that the caffeine is released at different times which leads to constant energy. Energy was smooth throughout the whole workout, however pumps were not there. I'm not a stim junkie, but I opened my eyes to new possibilities and I've enjoyed the results. Give the product a try and enjoy the results!

Thank you to the reps at VMI for sending me this product and the hand written note. It was a nice touch to the package. So far I'm loving the products I've tried from VMI. Later on look out for my review on their pump product Vasogen XT. Peace.

March 31, 2017

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Clean Energy
    • Long Last Energy
    • Skin Tingles
    • Tastes Good
    • Increase Focus
    • No Pump
    This VMI Preworkout has been getting very good reviews here at SR, so I was curious to see what the hype was all about. As a company, VMI has been dropping some impressive products upon us consumers. Like It or not, Preworkout supplements are creeping into that "staple" category (if they haven't already!) as something most consumers buy along with protein and creatine! Naysayers will cry "you don't need a Preworkout for a good gym session!!" Well, they probably don't wake up at 4am to get ready for work, and have an hour commute each way, either!

Like I said in my last review, my wife has been bitten by the fitness bug. She's on a diet, so that means I'm on a diet! Well not so much as she is (keto) but I am following her in carb-cycling and just eating cleaner in general. Also, because she (now) loves the gym so much I've ditched my "Bro-Split" for a 6-day routine, and following the Body Spartan workouts. This means heavy lifting, lots of reps, and lots of super-sets. NOT an easy thing if your carbs and calories are low! Anyways, a strong Preworkout is a good tool to have under these conditions. Was K-XR able step up to the plate? Read and find out.

PROFILE-7.5
    This has been covered pretty extensively so i wont beat it apart. A Solid energy profile, BUT, it's split into several blends. The Max Energy Blend comes with a Triple stage caffeine stack, designed to release in stages. Also, Norcoclaurine (touted to improve broncodialation), and Rawolfia Vomitoria. the Focal Blend has Choline Bitartrate, and Huperzia Serrata extract. Both are written to improve cognitive function. That 400mg of caffeine listed on the front label might seem scary at first, but keep in mind it doesn't all hit at once. This is an innovative feature in the "post DMAA" era (if that's even a thing yet) to keep that caffeine energy from faltering too early in your workout. What I found lacking in the label was the usual pump-profile ingredients. The Intense Pump Blend (listed at 3300mg) contains CarnoSyn, L-Taurine, and Theobromine. Not what I'd expect in a pump blend; most of the usual suspects like Citrulline and Arginine are missing. Hmmm, maybe there's a method to this madness?

I received the "Miami Vice" flavor and, well, it does live up to its name! A nice tropical drink flavor that reminded me of a poolside cabana or beach drink. It did have a tart chemical aftertaste but not too bad. I enjoyed drinking it and never got tired of the taste. It mixed up pretty well, but had a decent amount of opaque orange color to it.

EFFECTIVENESS-7.5
    This is one product that's you feel from the first sip! The lips and mouth get those Beta-Alanine tingles, and you'll feel the caffeine kick in within minutes. This baby had some clean constant energy that lasted! It was strong, and would last for several hours. The staged release caffeine seemed timed perfectly as I never felt it drop off and pick up, just a gradual decline. Endurance during some longer gym sessions was remarkable, and breathing was absolutely NOT affected by the high dose of caffeine. In fact, breathing was slightly improved. Focus was somewhat noticeable, just not on a super "tuned in" level like some of the other Preworkouts available. Now, the pump was lacking with this, and pretty much non-existent in my opinion. That and muscle strength/endurance wasn't improved at all. This was disappointing for such a product that does so well in all the other areas. Other than this negative point, this Preworkout was a solid performer. My normal dose was right under a level scoop. Now, a few times I tried to "Bro Scoop" this and paid the price! I felt cold shivers and sweats, a slight nausea, mild headaches, and I would crash very hard! Stay within your comfort zone on this one and you'll have a good experience.

SIDE EFFECTS- 8.5
    Other than my "caffeine overdose" experiences I felt pretty much no ill effects taking this. No tightness of the lungs, no adverse reactions. Stick to the proper dosage and you'll be fine. Overdo it and you'll regret it!

VALUE-8
    About mid-30$ for 30 servings, I see this as a fair value for such a solid stim-based Preworkout. Although the can says 30 scoops, I'm pretty sure I got quite a few more servings out of it. Although its lacking in a few areas i still feel its worth its price

OVERALL-7.6
    This was all about the stims, and it showed. With the lack of focus-feels, its not the "melt your face off" strongest Preworkout you'll ever try. But it's a solid performer in ALMOST every aspect. Those looking for a more "fully dosed" performance blend, might be disappointed (and will be wired out of their minds) while others wanting "Super Focus" should look to the remaining DMAA or DMHA options. But for a strong caffeine based stimulant Preworkout, this one delivers clean and consistently. This truly shines if your more of an "endurance" type of gym rat. Try it out, you won't be disappointed.
    • Miami Vice: 9/10