Overall Score:   How is this Calculated?

Ranks #8 of 234 (better than 97%) in

K-XR is a Pre-Workout manufactured by VMI Sports Nutrition. It is designed to help provide a pre-training advantage by increasing mental focus, muscle performance, endurance and blood flow. This creates an environment optimal for increasing muscle mass and losing body fat.
COMPARE SIMILAR

Momo1
  February 24, 2017

(Thanks to VMI Sports Nutrition for sending it out!)
What's up SR, I would like to thank VMI Sports and the Trooper program for allowing me to give K-XR a try. As many of us on SR, who are stim junkies, we are always seeking something to kick start our workouts hard and fast; I fall under the stim junkie profile. When K-XR came up for the Troopers to try, I jumped on the opportunity, based on the reviews I have read so far. Did K-XR knock the crap out of me? Come with me and find out

----Ingredient Profile----

Profile, yeah, I know, it is in a proprietary blend; however, with the kind of fire power K-XR has, this is the only time I will not complain too much about not being fully transparent. K-XR is broken down in to 3 different parts:

Intense Pump Blend - which contains 3,300 mg and one of the goodies in this section I love is Beta-alanine; the tinges I get from this were great!

Maximum Energy Blend - which contains 632.5 mg blend, this has a triple stage caffeine profile of Caffeine Citrate, Caffeine Anhydrous, Infinergy, and Di-Caffeine Malate; I would love to know what the exact amount of each of these is!

Focal & Cognitive Enhancing Blend - which is 503 mg, that contains Huperzia Serrata Extract, this acts similar to a nootropic product; helping boost focus and memory.

Taste - I received the Blueberry RAZZ, it was not bad tasting to me, and at least it did not taste like hell!

Mixing - No issues, mixed nicely, and there was no settlement at the bottom of my shaker cup.

Dosing - I took one scoop 20 minutes before hitting the gym; just an FYI, if you take this on the way to the gym and are stuck in traffic, you will want to get out and run, K-XR kicks in very quickly.

----Effectiveness----

Wow, if I could end the effectiveness section of my review with one word it would be "WOW" K-XR kicked my butt when it came to the energy I got from this. In the past, when I have taken any high stim pre-workouts, within the 1st 5 minutes, I would get some nausea or an increase in my heart rate while just standing around. With K-XR I did not get that. I knew I was in for the workout of my life on my initial scoop, that day, I was doing a total body workout and let me say, it lasted almost 3 hours; my wife called me and asked where was I and if I was lost, since I did get home until 10pm.

The focus on K-XR was great, about 15 minutes into my workout, I felt more focus and just having that feeling of seeing through walls! The pumps on K-XR were nice, as always I test a product on their pump claims when I do a couple of sets of 21s; K-XR did not disappoint. On a number of occasions, I stacked a standalone pump product and the pumps were off the wall, great feeling no matter what body part I worked out on that day. Furthermore, I was so surprised that I was not too crazy on this, considering the high stim content of K-XR; I tend to get angry when on any thing with high stim.

Now, just an FYI, for those of you who are stim sensitive, heed the following: "Start with half a serving!" I normally like to experiment with taking a scoop and a half; however, as strong as K-XR is, I did not want to take the chance.

Value - There are 30 servings per tub and you can pick it up for $30.00 on AllStart Health; a dollar a serving is an excellent price for a product as strong as K-XR

Sides - Okay, the only side I had on this was that, if taken too late in the evening, plan non binge watching your favorite TV show; I was up until 3am and I had to get up to go to work at 5am.

----Conclusion----

K-XR is perfect for those of us who crave a high stim products and as I always say, all supplement do not work the same for everyone. In my opinion, K-XR will be one of my top 5 high stim pre-workouts on my list of goodies to stock up when they are on sale. VMI Sports have a good competitive pre-workout on the market and I would recommend to pick a tub up. Again, as an FYI, if you are stim sensitive, start slow and if a half of serving is the magic spot for you, then you have a product that will give you 60 servings!
  • Increase Focus
  • Dyes
  • Some Sides
  • Some Insomnia Is Taken Too Late
Vaughn
  February 18, 2017

----Introduction----

Hey SR, here today for a review on VMIs preworkout K-XR. I took this preworkout for a boost in the gym while cutting. I was looking for this to give me some energy, improve my cardio and endurance. I can definitely say this has effective ingredients, but probably better for bulking. I'll explain in the details.

----Ingredient Profile----

Attached the supplement facts, it's a three part prop blend for pump, energy, and focus. I do have some issues with this profile, as it being a prop blend you're not quite sure what you're getting. Also, if you add up the active ingredients and compare it with scoop size there's quite a bit of flavoring and dyes which is unfortunate. The actual ingredients listed however are great. In the pump blend you get staples like Carnosyn and Taurine. I do like the multi stage caffeine matrix as I do enjoy preworkouts with a constant stream of caffeine instead of all at once which has caused me to crash before. In addition to the caffeine you get Higenamine HCL which is a stim that can help with breathing and Rauwolscine the purest form of yohimbine. For focus you have choline and club moss which I have had a lot and enjoy. Some notable aspects of that for pump you don't have any of the more popular ingredients such as citrulline or agmatine. Overall, some issues with the profile, but this has some good ingredients and definitely looks like a stim centric preworkout to improve your workouts.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----

VMI sent me blue razz, which is probably my least favorite flavor of supplements as it's usually too strong. This one was ok though in flavor and I didn't hate it, was tolerable. They did send me samples of the other flavors they have with tropical punch, Italian ice etc. If I bought this again I would get the Italian ace cherry limeade, it was the most enjoyable. It definitely has a lot of dyes though, it was very bright in color and I could do without that. Mixability was fine without any grittiness, and dosing is normal take this one scoop 20-30 min preworkout.

----Effectiveness----

So, I think this is definitely effective in what it wants to be, as this is a very strong stim preworkout. I am pretty stim tolerant and enjoy my caffeine, I also have been cutting and taking fat burners and stims pretty regular and this still hit me very hard so this product is definitely only for the stim tolerant and stim lovers. Unfortunately, I did have some issues with this as I'll get into later. As far as the blends go:

Pump: Not much at all. Beta Alanine is known more for its endurance properties than pump, and Taurine and Theombine aren't the most well known pump enhancers out there either. Wasn't expecting much here and I didn't receive it. Had some light Beta Alanine tingles though.

Energy: yes, yes, and yes. Heart pounding, intense energy for sure. Also helped me sweat more during cardio which I like, definitely helped me power through some sets and burn extra calories in the gym and with cardio. So this did help me in this area and help me achieve my fitness goals. Very strong though, and I did experience some side effects.

Focus: very strong her as well. It was more than just a stim/caffeine focus, definitely felt the choline and club moss help with concentration and staying in the gym. Liked this aspect as well.

Overall, very very strong stim preworkout that helped me plow through weights and cardio. So, it did what it's supposed to do and stim lovers will be very impressed. However, because of the super stim heavy formula, my diet, and body composition at the moment, I think it was a little too much for me.

----Value----

$34 for 30 servings, pretty standard for preworkouts in my opinion and has a good value. This being pretty much all stim and focus though there may be some more well rounded products out there.

----Side Effects----

I've been cutting for awhile now, trying to get as cut and lean as possible as my knee heals. I'm 5'9" and 168 lbs at the moment and if I had to guess probably around 9% body fat. I think because of these facts, how strong the stims are, and training pretty much fasted, this hit me way to hard most of the times and I had to fight off a lot of nausea for the first part of my workouts until it passed. Had tons of energy and kept lifting, but constantly worried I might throw up. After about 30 min it would pass but not enjoyable at all. I think if I was bulking, had more food in my system etc. it would work a lot better and I wouldn't have experienced this. I did not crash however though which is great.

----Conclusion----

If you love stims and energy you will love this. I would recommend for bulking purposes though, and if you're looking for a pump you should probably look elsewhere.
  • Dyes
  • Some Sides
  • No Pump
zbikowski88
  February 3, 2017

----Introduction----
Before I start I want to once again thank VMI Sports Nutrition for giving me another opportunity to review one of their products. In past reviews for VMI Sports I saw solid results and K-XR Black Series didn't disappoint. Upon seeing the ingredient profile I had to give this pre-workout a try. During the duration of this review I was training 5 to 6 days a week.

Claims:
- Extreme Energy
- Superior Mental Focus
- Better Pumps & Endurance

----Ingredient Profile----
The only downside on this pre-workout are the categorized prop blends, however I can get past that with how effective this was. There are 3 different categories....

Intense Pump Blend 3,300 mg - based on 3 different ingredients that are common.

Maximum Energy Blend 632.5 mg - Tri Stage Caffeine (KAFF Caffeine Citrate (299 mg 50.2% caffeine), Caffeine Anhydrous (150 mg), Infinergy "Di-Caffeine Malate" (137 mg 73% caffeine) in all 400 mg of caffeine per serving....... DID I MENTION 400 MG OF CAFFEINE PER SERVING!!!!! I got these statistics from PricePlow - https://blog.priceplow.com/supplement-news/vmi-sports-k-xr

Focal & Cognitive Enhancing Blend 503 mg - features 2 different ingredients

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
Taste - For this review I received the Tropical Punch Flavor (Watermelon, Strawberry & Coconut) which is one of four flavors available. To myself this tasted like a sweeter fruit punch flavor... Overall I give the flavor a 7/10

Mixability - No issues whatsoever with mixability, didn't notice any kind of clumping or settlement. In fact once I poured the powder it pretty much dissolved instantly.

Dosing - This is definitely NOT a pre-workout if your a new user to taking them. As a high stim tolerant person I can say 1/2 scoop could be enough for myself. After a few days of using 1/2 scoop I moved up to using 1 scoop with 6 oz of water 20 min before training.

----Effectiveness----
To judge the effectiveness of K-XR Black Series I'll use the claims provided in the Introduction section.....

Extreme Energy 10/10 - This was definitely a home run better yet a grand slam for me. Within minutes of taking K-XR I was feeling the energy and it lasted throughout the whole workout. There wasn't any kind of crash after a few hours of use and I had the feeling of having to use more than 1 scoop.

Superior Mental Focus 7/10 - I did notice an upgrade in focus but nothing superior. There wasn't that tunnel vision I was hoping for but I don't really need much there since I train in my garage.

Better Pumps & Endurance 9/10 - This is pretty much based on all endurance since I powerlift and don't train hypertrophy much outside of Aux lifts. The endurance from the clean energy I experienced kept me going through the workout and rest of the day.

----Value----
If your military like myself VMI Sports offers a 20% discount off of their listed price of $34.99 - leads to a price of around $28. For none military members the cheapest value I found was on All Star Health for $30 or $1 per serving. Overall this is a great price for an extremely effective pre-workout supplement.

----Conclusion----
In conclusion VMI Sports hit a grand slam with K-XR Black Series with this high energy pre-workout. Truly a one scoop supplement that will punch you into the next gear or 3. I highly recommend this pre-workout for those looking for an extreme energy boost. Big thanks to VMI Sports for continuing to participate in the SR TROOP Program.
    • Tropical Punch: 7/10
    PiccoloPete
      January 9, 2017

----Introduction----
    I would like to thank VMI and SR for the opportunity to try K-XR! It was a really great experience, I ordered a second tub of Cherry Lime Italian Ice.

----Ingredient Profile----
    K-XR is made up of 3 blends some of the ingredients are common in many pre-workouts but K-XR has them in a near perfect combination.

Pump blend: CarnoSyn(beta alanine), Taurine, Theobromine.
    Energy Blend: 3 different types of caffeine, Rauwolscine (this is a good companion to caffeine)
    Focus/Cognitive Blend:huperzine (congitive enhancer), Choline bitartate (cognative boosting properties)

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
    Taste: I requested the Cherry Lime Italian Ice, it was refreshing and delicious. It did have a tart after taste this will be my only gripe on the flavoring.

Mixabiliaty was near flawless with slight foaming that would dissipate after a few seconds post shaking.

Dosing: The first few times I took K-XR my timing was off I took it around 20 min prior to my workout and the energy didn't kick until 20-25min into my workout. I would even leave the gym and still have energy. So I adjusted the timing and found that 35min was my sweet spot.

----Effectiveness----
    My first perfectly timed gym session with K-XR was great! Wait every gym session with K-XR was great this was one of the few pre-workouts that I found to be great in all aspects. The energy was perfect; the Tri-stage caffeine was good to me. It wouldn't kick you in the face but would gradually give you energy at the right moment, there was a peak moment where you felt near perfect amount of energy. The decline was very gradual and was by no means a crash. When you left the gym it you didn't have that lethargic feeling some pre W/O give you.

The focus factor with K-XR was also really amazing. Normally you have to tell yourself "hey concentrate on that mind muscle connection." In this case it just happened, I would go in and find a barbell, machine or dumbbells that I needed and nothing would get in my way. My mind was squeezing whatever muscle I was using. I really don't like super long rest periods because I feel like I lose concentration but as I am trying to slowly get stronger I know that a little longer rest period would be beneficial to my next lift. Well this helped me stay focused during my rest period and allowed me to mentally prepare for the next lift.

Now the Pump the final stage! K-XR did not fail me, no matter if my rep ranges where low or high I could feel my muscles filling up with blood. I remember one time that I was benching, after I was finished with my sets of 5 and sets of 3 I dropped the weight and did a set of 30 I was already looking like a pigeon in the chesticles. But the set of 30 took it to a painful max, after I went and placed a few fingers on my red chest and it turned white then red instantly. On a different occasion I was doing arms, well at the end of the workout I could not put my arms down or pick them up, both bis and tris had so much blood in them that I was stuck for a few minutes just painfully in place. Even after some cardio the pump was Loyal!

----Value----
    K-XR goes for about 35 bucks on many different online retailers. I found it on suppz.com for 34.99 and you get a full container of AgmaPure also by VMI for free in your order. I think $35 is fair for a full 30 servings of K-XR.

N/A

----Conclusion----
    I have nothing but good thing to say about K-XR honestly one of my favorite pre-workout so far. It delivered on every aspect, Energy, Focus and Pump. To me this is a truly 1 scoop delicious pre-workout. VMI has truly created a near perfect product.
    • Tastes Good
      • Cherry Lime Italian Ice: 9/10
      pancow
        December 18, 2016

----Introduction----
      First I would like to thank VMI Sports Nutrition for allowing me to review all these products especially K-XR, and the SR TROOP's program for making the connection possible. I believe this is my first supplement review ever to hit a 10 in all fields. Simply put, this pre-workout tasted great, was clean, didn't make me feel tweaked out, gave great energy and strength, and contains 30 servings.

Having a prop blend didn't even phase my rating because it says the caffeine content at least, the blends weren't small as hell, and it worked that damn good. Here's my review on K-XR.

----Ingredient Profile----

As mentioned this is partially disclosed in terms of caffeine coming in at 400mg approximately per serving. The rest of the primary ingredients are in hidden blends, but for me this wasn't too big of a deal since they were large enough blends and not 75mg with 4 ingredients. I've just separated all of the blends into their respective categories.

Intense Pump Blend - 3.3g
      For the pump blend I'd say it was more of the strength that came from the pumps than vascularity or muscle fullness. The quality version of beta alanine comes in first in the form of CarnoSyn. Then we also have Taurine and Theobromine. I would have loved to see agmatine sulfate coming in at 500mg at least, but I know the purpose is to stack with their other pump products so you don't get too much of anything. The pump was still good either or.

Maximum Energy Blend - 632.5
      This is the part of the supplement I liked the most. It's tri-stage caffeine that's supposed to release slowly instead of slapping you in the face. The end result was energy for well over an hour that was clean, and when the hour mark hit poo got intense to drive me through to the end. Infinergy Di-Caffeine Malate is the quality caffeine behind this becoming possible, then there's also KAFF and Anhydrous.

There's also interestingly Norroclaurine in this pwo that peaked my interest because it's supposed to be similar to ephedrine. While I'm not saying it was like using an ephedrine based supplement, the ingredient did seem to add in the same qualities such as thermogenics and improved energy beyond that of caffeine.

Lastly there's Rauwolfia Vomitoria which is commonly being added in to intense pwo's and is similar to yohimbine hcl. Basically improves blood circulation in a good way and increases body energy as well.

Focal and Cognitive Enhancing Benefits - 503mg
      Usually I can say I felt a little more focused but that's about it without 100% certainty, but with K-XR I KNEW I was focused and in the zone. Not to the point of being clumsy and oblivious to my surroundings, but to where I had the drive to do my next set. I didn't sigh and go one more set, I got pumped up and wanted to do one extra damn set. That's how focused I was and energized from the caffeine as well haha ingredients are Choline and Huperzia Serrata.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----

I received the Miami Vice flavor and it tasted great! I could sip on it if I wanted too,although I usually made a small cup to just shoot it quickly.

Mixing was easy, no settling, and never left any clumps. Barely had to shake the mixture before I drank it.

Dosing was just one scoop for me and that's all I really needed. I don't know who'd need more than what is in this, but I would suggest waiting a little longer to start training i.e. 35-40 mins

----Effectiveness----

Okay, so basically I'd take my scoop and wait around 40 minutes. The skin tingles would occur but not energy really felt until after my warm up, so I'm thinking once your blood starts to circulate faster this poo kicks in great. First off it's not all energy at once so I'm pacing but not feeling like my heart is about to explode.

Then while training the rest of the caffeine seeped into my workout making me have the energy to straight up keep driving weight for much longer. I performed heavy deadlift and squats on the same day and it didn't matter which one I started with. No matter what I was able to move that weight, and even threw in bent over rows at heavy sets. Essentially the strength and energy is untouchable especially because it goes for 2 or more hours.

The energy is freaking clean bro's and chics. No tweaked out feelings, cold shivers, or stim dick received while using this supplement. I'm also going to note that stacking this with their VasogenXT is INSANE. They sent some sample packs and the pump add on along with recovery and endurance were just OMAZING.

----Value----

Cheapest I found this for on a few places was $34.95, which I didn't feel was bad for what I got from this pwo. Sure it'd be nice to have this at $30 for 30 servings, but I think it's fair because you get clean straight up energy for 5-6 weeks of use depending on training days weekly. If you need 2 scoops for some reason then obviously this is too much.

No Bad Side Effects

----Conclusion----

I'm sticking to 10's across the board on this one. The effects this supplement gave me were legit, clean, and amazing. I'd recommend this to anybody that is used stim based pwo's with a higher tolerance. Newbs should probably half scoop this or use their other pwo available. Thanks again for allowing me to review this supplement VMI Sports Nutrition!
      • Tastes Good