Overall Score:   How is this Calculated?

Ranks #50 of 235 (better than 79%) in

K-XR is a Pre-Workout manufactured by VMI Sports Nutrition. It is designed to help provide a pre-training advantage by increasing mental focus, muscle performance, endurance and blood flow. This creates an environment optimal for increasing muscle mass and losing body fat.
COMPARE SIMILAR

Gdolce42
TROOPer Level: 5
  March 20, 2017

----Introduction----
Thanks to the SR community and VMI Sports for letting me give this product a go! Overall this product is made to help with focus and energy and has a supportive cast of ingredients to show it. What it does not have that I would prefer is some of the performance enhancing ingredients. Additionally, I thought it was great to receive a personalized note from the company thanking me for trying it out. I think dedication to your product is a huge marketing tool.

----Ingredient Profile----
Intense Pump Blend (beta-alanine, L-taurine, theobromine)3,300mg - Beta alanine is capable of reducing acid buildup in the muscles and increases your endurance. For most people, it will take about 2 weeks for the effects of beta alanine to start working. Through some research I found that this product most likely has a dosing of 1.6 g of beta alanine. L-taurine is an amino acid that has some properties associated with enhancing recovery, but there is mixed evidence. It may have some effects on reducing blood pressure, which also has mixed evidence. Thebromine, similar to caffiene, can help you stay alert and awake.

Maximum Energy Blend (632.5) - Well everyone knows what caffeine is, but whats different about this product is that it has three different types of caffeine: Caffeine Citrate, Caffeine Anhydrous, and Di-caffeine mallate. Each one of these has said that their different chemical structure causes them to be absorbed slow or fast, but in the end caffeine does what it does.. Like I stated in a previous review, caffeine has good short term effects on females and not so much on males in regards to fatigue levels.

Rauwolfia vomitoria - a derivative from a plant has properties that are consistent with stimulating the central nervous system and triggering sexual desire (hmmmmmmmmm). In PW it has fat burning properties and ability to minimally boost metabolism.

Focal and Cognitive Enhancing Blend (503mg) - Choline Bitartrate used for its cognitive properties by its ability to turns in acetylcholine (ATCH). This neurotransmitter is important for a lot of processes in your body ranging from cognitive to being THE MAIN neurotransmitter at the neuromusuclar junction responsible for muscle contraction. This can be found mainly in the yolks of eggs for those who want more of it, but taking too much of this can give you a headache. Huperzia Serrata Extract is a cognitive enhancer that actually breaks down aceytlchonline, but (there is always a but), because of this process a relative increase in ATCH actually occurs.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
This was an awesome tasting product. I received small packets of all flavors and I didn't think there wasn't one where I didn't enjoy the taste. Dosing is good in 7.7g per scoop. I thought it mixed very well in 12 oz of water with no settling at the bottom.

----Effectiveness----
Overall this an "B+" product. It does what a PW should do which is increase your focus and give you the energy to go lift after a long day. The only downfall, which may be big depending on who you are is the lack of pump ingredients. Since this PW is clearly caffeine based (hence the 3 different caffeine derivatives) it will depend on how you respond to caffeine. For me, it definitely worked and last throughout the workout, plus some. I find that it has its greatest affect an hour after I drank the PW. I found that there was about a 20-30 minute period that I felt I was strong and my endurance was at its peak. After this, I wouldn't call it a "crash", but the effect definitely wore off. It does not make you tired after you take it, but you can tell when it starts to decrease.

----Value----
The cheapest that I found was 34.95 on amazon. It costs about 34.99 on the VMI Sports website.

----Conclusion----
Like I mentioned in the intro, I enjoyed how the company sent me a personalized note thanking me for reviewing their product. A little things goes a long a way. Good product and definitely worth giving it a go if you like caffeine based products. It kept me focused throughout the gym session and like I mentioned above, allowed a pretty good amount of time where I was able to lift strong and hard without any fatigue. If you find this same situation then I would suggest building your workout routine around those 20-30 hardcore minutes. I hope that this company keeps coming out with quality products like this.
  • No Pump Ingredients
  • Blueberry Razz: 8/10
  • Miami Vice: 8/10
  • Tropical Punch: 9/10
workoutguru
TROOPer Level: 63
  March 19, 2017

(Thanks to VMI Sports Nutrition for sending it out!)
First off I want to thank VMI Sports for letting us troopers have the chance to give this product a try. This is their new pre-workout they just came out with. I was a little unsure if I wanted to try this or not. After I has claimed one of their other products on here I was give some samples of this try to. After trying the samples (which I really liked) I had to get this if it came up on the trooper program again. It was a great product for me but with some really unwanted sides to go with it.

Ingredients:
This is made up of three main categories. First you get your intense pump blend 3,300mg. Second you get Maximum Energy Blend 632.5mg. Third you get Focus & Cognitive Enhancing Blend 503mg. Plus you get some Niacin, Vitamin B12, and Calcium. What I don't like about each of these categories is that they are made up of prop blends. I would really like to know how much of everything I am getting especially the caffeine. I do think most everything is fairly well dosed and comes out to the right amounts to make up the total amount they use. I like that they use three sources of caffeine so it hits you in three different stages during your workout. Also I noticed they take a little different approach to the pump blend which I thought was rather interesting. I also like that they put stuff in here to help with mental focus. I think having good ingredients in a pre-workout to help with your mental focus is a big plus.

Value:
The cheapest I could find this was on allstarhealth.com for $29.99 for 30 servings. I don't think that is to bad a price for this. $30 I think is the most I think you should have to pay for a pre-workout. This will cost you around $1 per serving which I am ok with.

Taste:
I requested the cherry lime Italian ice flavor and that is what they sent me. I will say that this was a little on the strong side for taste. I did notice right away when I would drink this that it had just a little bit of a chemical taste to it. Nothing I was to worry about but was noticeable for me. It was not to bad a flavor but was a little on the tart side. From what I can remember I think their other flavors were a little better than this. I would usually just slam this each time I drank it so I did not have to taste it as much.

Mixing/Dosing:
Mixing was real simple with this. All I needed to do was a just a few little shake in my shaker bottle and it was ready to go. I would start to mix right away when I filled this with water. You will get no little left over pieces when mixed. What I don't like is this is very heavy in dyes. This has a very bright red color to it. Please get rid of the dyes. I don't like them or need them. So what if it makes your pre-workout look cooler. Just a cloudy like color is all I need. I just don't like having to stomach all of these dyes. Dosing is pretty simple. I would do just one scoop about 15-20mins before my workout. I would maybe be a little careful if you think you need more than one scoop since this is rather stim heavy.

This is more of a stim heavy pre-workout than anything else. If your getting this for more than stims this maybe not the pre-workout you want. For someone like me I am a bit of a stim junky and can usually handle higher amounts of stims. For me this felt almost right on for the amount of stims I like to have. I prefer to have around 300-350mg at least and 400 being around my max. The energy I got from this seemed to stay pretty consistence and would usually last me through out my whole workout which was nice. I like the 3 different stages of caffeine they use and feel this really helped me a lot to keep that energy going. I never felt to jittery at all when I used this which was nice. There were a few times I felt this got my heart racing a little more so than normal but most of the time I felt pretty good. I had to really be hitting my workout harder and taking very little time between set and going a little heavier to really feel this hit me a lot harder where I could start to feel my heart start to race a little more so than normal. I think my overall endurance was pretty good. I always felt good and never felt overly winded and or had and real heavy breathing issues. I will say that if your someone that is not use to heavy stims or a bit more sensitive to them this will hit you rather hard. If your just starting out using pre-workouts I would probably not start with this until you get more use to them.

I noticed they take a little different approach to the ingredients they use for pumps. Not really sure I like this approach that much. I think the pumps I got from this were ok nothing real great but have had better ones. They started out feeling pretty decent like almost painful like for about the first week or so and then started to feel them less and less. I was adding some citrulline to this and I think that made the pumps a bit more noticeable and a bit painful like at times. I always have trouble noticing pumps and when I stop feeling them it hard to start feeling them again.

The focus I got from this was I thought was fairly decent. This won't give you that extreme tunnel vision like focus but it still gives enough to help keeping you go during your workout. I could tell that my focus was a lot better but I think could have been even a little more. I know I was able to block out some other issues I was dealing with and feel this helped me focus a little more on my workout.

I can't say this really helped me a lot with any strength gains but then again I was not really training to gain more strength in general. Right now I try to lift semi heavy on weight and I think it was pretty consistence at helping me with that. With everything I mentioned in the effectiveness part I thought it was pretty decent pre-workout expect for one major issue I always seemed to have a lot when I used this which I did not like at all. Before I would take this I would usually try and eat a little something just incase it would cause me any stomach issues. It seemed like when I would take this and get about halfway through my workout I would start to get this bit of upset stomach feeling. It would make me feel nauseous like and it would really effect my workouts and would almost have to stop and just wait for it to go away. I thought by eating a little something before I took this would help buffer my stomach but that did not seem to help to much. I know some days were worse than others and some days I would not notice it much at all and it would be great with how well it worked then. I heard that the ingredient Rauwolfa (it's a kind of root bark) they use in this can cause upset stomach and that is the only thing I can think of that must be causing me this issue. If there is something else in this that is causing it I would really like to know. It was really frustrating trying to workout some days when this would really start to bother me. When I got a little over half way through the container I wanted to quit taking this and starting taking something else but did not have any other pre-workouts at the moment to use so I stuck with this.

Side Effects:
Just the really bad upset stomach I would always get when I used this.

Overall:
This was a pre-workout I really enjoyed except for the side effects I got from it. For being a stim heavy based pre-workout I thought it worked pretty good. I am not usually into just real heavy stim base pre-workouts but I was ok with this one. I felt it was pretty effective for me and worked. The major down side to this product was the really bad upset stomach it always gave me. Because of the bad upset stomach this always gave me I have to pass on wanting to use it again even though I did enjoy it for the effectiveness. If your looking for a great stim based pre-workout I would highly recommend giving this a try. Again I want to give a big shout out to VMI Sports for letting me try this.
  • Long Last Energy
  • Label Hard To Read
  • Heavily Flavored
  • Cherry Lime Italian Ice: 7/10
Cray
TROOPer Level: 27
  March 8, 2017

----Introduction----
Given the relatively high marks K-XR had received from other reviewers, I decided to snag a tub the next time it was made available for review. Can't get enough preworkout, ya feel me?

----Ingredient Profile----
K-XR is comprised of the usual suspects one finds in a preworkout, but hides actual dosages behind a series of prop blends. Not ideal but, since the blends are not overly complex, it looked to me as though the math added up and each ingredient was effectively and appropriately dosed.

My biggest gripe is the amount of caffeine is not fully disclosed. Nearly all products I've tried recently do specify how much caffeine is included in each scoop, and thus I'm able to adjust dosages accordingly to fit my own sweet spot. VMI did put on the bottom of the label that approximately 400mg of caffeine is contained in each scoop, but I'd still prefer the exact amount to be disclosed within the supplement facts profile. I didn't even notice this line until about halfway through the tub.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
Good lord. This is one of the most over-flavored, heavily dyed supplements I've come across in a while. I don't understand it. Why? Is there actually a demand for this? Do most lifters have the flavor palate of five-year-olds? Damn.

Anyway, I requested and received the Blueberry Razz flavor and I actually thought the base of the flavor was well done. Blueberry, coconut, and pineapple. Very nice but so overpowering. Even one scoop in 24oz. of water was a challenge. VMI sent sample packs of their other flavors which I also tried. Again, great bases - particularly the cherry lime Italian ice - but just too heavy and strong for my liking.

I usually mixed one heaping scoop with 24 oz. of water and sipped on my way to the gym. No issues with mixability or foaming.

----Effectiveness----
K-XR's big selling point is its "triple stage caffeine blend" which VMI touts as providing consistent and sustained high-level energy, a claim this product absolutely achieves. One scoop provides a solid boost of energy that, surprisingly, didn't leave me with the jitters (I sometimes have that problem with stim-heavy products). This is one of the better preworkouts I've tried with respect to consistently providing enough energy to last an entire 60 minute workout. Well done.

As for the focal/cognitive enhancement and intense pump blends, I found the effects to be fairly standard. Decent pumps and a slight focus boost. But honestly you're not buying this product for those features, though they are nice additions.

----Value----
For cost, I've found the industry pre-workout norm to be roughly .75c-$1.00 per serving. K-XR will cost you $30 for a tub of 30 servings via AllStarHealth, which is right on par with competitor supplements. It's also a true, one-scoop preworkout, so you're getting your money's worth with each serving.

----Side Effects----
No issues here aside from the occasional, what I like to call, preworkout evacuations.

----Conclusion----
If all you really want is for your preworkout to kick you straight in the face, K-XR is a solid option. Flavoring and dyes aside, I'd absolutely recommend this to lifters who train in longer sessions and need a long-lasting stimulant boost. As stated, that is really where this product shines. 400mg of caffeine is no joke though, so this is probably not great for supplement noobs and first timers. But for the rest of my stim-tolerant junkies, give K-XR a look. It's a good option if you're needing to change up your preworkout game.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Clean Energy
  • Consistent Throughout Workout
  • Long Last Energy
  • No Jitters Or Crashing
  • Dyes
  • Heavily Flavored
  • Proprietary Blends
  • Blueberry Razz: 5/10
mhseaver670
TROOPer Level: 78

March 2, 2017

(Thanks to VMI Sports Nutrition for sending it out!)
VMI Sports K--xr. To be honest I had not heard much about it here on the SR.com forums. I did see it on some others and there was a lot of praise for it, About the same time this came available here on the Trooper program. So I succeeded in grabbing one of these to try myself.
First off it is a blend. And honestly I can deal with them for the most part but right off the bat one of the annoying things for was the label itself.
The ingredient label is indeed listed as a mixture of Blends, but good grief the words are so small I basically have to use a magnifying glass to read this.
I am not sure if this is for marketing or what, to keep people from actually reading it at the store or what. Or maybe I am just grumpy at my old age. Either way,, Come on guys if you are going to hide behind a blend, at least let us be able to read it with a naked eye.

Profile.
Beside it being a blend as not knowing how much of specific ingredient you are getting , what they do have is some good choices to be honest.
Three different caffeine blends for a three stage effect. Which I was digging. I like things that go boom and have that after shock after which this did.
Also the pump blend is a little different than what others have picked but it seemed to work well .. at the beginning. Next is the mental focus blend which I think maybe one of the better parts of this.
Check on this site for more in depth profile details from some of our others respected members.

Taste 6
I had tropical punch, and I HATE that flavor from anyone!. I am so over this flavor, I wish the FDA would just ban it. This is one was a bit better as it did seem to have some more coconut flavor in it and that did help but there was still something just not good for me on this.

Mixing 9
Actually It did tend to foam a bit when I added the creapure to it but all in all It mixed super easy.

Effectiveness 7.5
Okay So I did get some good focus, I did get some decent pumps from this at first, but after about a week those faded to nothing.
I did get some great energy at times it was almost too much, which makes me nervous or something and it tends to mess my workouts up.
I did seem to get nauseous from this here and there . I could never pin point what it was that made me sick. I tend to have a small snack about 45 mins before heading to the gym. I did mention earlier that the focus part was maybe the best and I think that is what they should really dial in if they ever think about changing up the profile on this. I had some great concentration when I was going for heavy set and I think it did help me get that connection needed for the lift.
I think it is pretty effective but I think it would be just as good without as many stims in it to be honest.

Value 8
You can find this right now for around 35 bucks on tiger fitness or amazon and for 30 true servings that is a good deal in my book. I think for someone getting started in working out and as looking for a good all around Pre workout this should be something to check out.

Overall 6.7
Not a bad pick, but the fact it made me kinda sick a few times and the pump factor wore off rather fast bring it down some. Then add in the label printing and the fact it has a lot of dyes added, it brings it down even more. About the dyes. Honestly if you are not using natural coloring just leave it alone. I do not care if I am drinking grape, it does not need to stain my cup, spoon and counter top with purple. It is okay to leave it plain white.
VMI did a great job in bringing out a good hitter with this one. But I think they should change a few small things and they could really have a home run.
  • Label Hard To Read
  • Tropical Punch: 6/10
Wade419
TROOPer Level: 29
  February 28, 2017

----Introduction----
The supplement industry is currently saturated with tons of pre-workout supplements that claim this and claim that with unfortunately more blunders than overall winners. K-XR has recently been getting a lot of praise from the SR as a stimulant heavy pre-workout so I when I saw an opportunity to test it out I knew I had to give it a try. Let's see how it stacks up to the competition in the most packed supplement category today! Thanks to VMI Sports for the chance to try it out!

-Intense Pump Blend (3.3g)-
CarnoSyn (Beta-Alanine): This is quite possibly the new king ingredient of pre-workouts with the obvious exception of the almighty caffeine but for very good reason. Beta-Alanine works by buffering the pH in your muscle cells so that lactic acid formation is delayed and allows you to get a couple more repetitions in before the insane muscle burning sensations kick in. It has some significant clinincal studies to back up many of its claims and has become a staple to any gym rats usual stack. Unfortunately for this product it was added into a proprietary blend. The usual clinically significant dosing is around 2.5-3.5g but due to the inclusion of what I would consider "filler" ingredients like Taurine, we can't be fully sure of how much beta-alanine we're getting since I've seen products with up to 2g's of taurine would would only leave less than 1.5g of beta-alanine and that's not counting in the Theobromine yet either! Proprietary blends needs to be outlawed so people can better justify if they are getting jipped on dosing, but thankfully for K-XR's sake it does offer a strong tingling sensation to alert us that there is likely no shortage.
L-Taurine
Theobromine

-Maximum Energy Blend (632.5mg) -
Triple Stage Caffeine (about 400mg) : Holy crap! Well thankfully they do label on the tub that it has approximately 400mg of caffeine but wow! 400mg is a pretty hefty dose and so far I've only seen it be second to Hyde's proportions! They most definitely are not messing around with this stimulant dosage so extreme caution needs to be taken with not taking more than 1 scoop!
Higenamine HCL
Rauwolfia Extract

Choline Bitartrate: Common cognitive enhancing supplement that is primarily used to help with focus during exercises.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
I had the chance to try out their tropical punch flavor and I must say that I'm personally not a fan. It's not overly sweet or anything but it's just not a specific flavor that I enjoy. It did mix fairly well with the usual 8-12oz of water and was easy to dose with the small scooper but again, make sure not to dose more than 1 scoop!

----Effectiveness----
Taking K-XR prior to my workout gives me the usual tingles from the beta-alanine that I'm used to from pre-workouts prior to getting onto the gym floor but after that the stimulant effects come in.... hard! I do think there must be something to using a triple caffeine blend because I never noticed any dip in overall focus or mental fatigue throughout all my workouts using K-XR. I did tend to crash a bit after getting home from a good lift but that's to be expected of any pre-workout especially the higher stimulant ones. I did notice some mild "chills" during some of my workouts that I would blame on the really high caffeine dose and Rauwolfia Extract that are common side effects of both. It's actually kind of funny because prior to typing this review I swore that I had some good pumps on this product but low and behold there isn't one single vasodilator ingredient in this product! It has been quite sometime that I've seen a pre-workout stick purely to it's stimulant effect and fully be absent of the "pump" stuff but I assume it's because VMI has a separate supplement line devoted to pure "pump" supplements to enhance products like K-XR. Overall I personally did enjoy K-XR but I would not recommend it to new lifters or individuals that have not accustomed themselves to higher caffeine dosed products prior to trying this beast.

----Value----
I was able to find K-XR online fairly easily for about $35 for a 30 serving tub. I think that this is pretty much the standard price for pre-workout supplements nowadays and I do think that it's a decent price for the product being slightly over $1 per serving. I do think that K-XR could have been more strategically priced between $25-30 though due to it's lack of typically expensive vasodilator ingredients and I think that a price point like that would entice many more individuals to hop on board, but even so at $35 I'd consider it a fair price considering the product's overall effectiveness.

----Side Effects----
I noticed that I sometimes experienced the "chills" while on this product with an empty stomach. I also had some difficulty sleeping at night if I took K-XR in the evening. I'd suggest giving yourself at least 6 hours of time between sleep and taking this pre-workout to give enough time for it to wear out to avoid any insomnia.

----Conclusion----

I feel like I've thus far reviewed all of VMI Sport's supplement line and I must say that overall I'm impressed with the lineup that they have amassed. K-XR is a powerful stimulant packed pre-workout that is wholly unforgiving to anyone that isn't prepared for its kick. It's affordable for what you get and is priced around what you would expect to pay for the average pre-workout supplement. I think that if you were one of those original gym rats that used to always hit the 2-3 scoop Jack3d pre-workout then this product may be right up your alley!
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Clean Energy
  • Increase Focus
  • Consistent Throughout Workout
  • Some Insomnia Is Taken Too Late
  • No Pump Ingredients
  • Chills
  • Tropical Punch: 5/10
Momo1
TROOPer Level: 58
  February 24, 2017

(Thanks to VMI Sports Nutrition for sending it out!)
What's up SR, I would like to thank VMI Sports and the Trooper program for allowing me to give K-XR a try. As many of us on SR, who are stim junkies, we are always seeking something to kick start our workouts hard and fast; I fall under the stim junkie profile. When K-XR came up for the Troopers to try, I jumped on the opportunity, based on the reviews I have read so far. Did K-XR knock the crap out of me? Come with me and find out

----Ingredient Profile----

Profile, yeah, I know, it is in a proprietary blend; however, with the kind of fire power K-XR has, this is the only time I will not complain too much about not being fully transparent. K-XR is broken down in to 3 different parts:

Intense Pump Blend - which contains 3,300 mg and one of the goodies in this section I love is Beta-alanine; the tinges I get from this were great!

Maximum Energy Blend - which contains 632.5 mg blend, this has a triple stage caffeine profile of Caffeine Citrate, Caffeine Anhydrous, Infinergy, and Di-Caffeine Malate; I would love to know what the exact amount of each of these is!

Focal & Cognitive Enhancing Blend - which is 503 mg, that contains Huperzia Serrata Extract, this acts similar to a nootropic product; helping boost focus and memory.

Taste - I received the Blueberry RAZZ, it was not bad tasting to me, and at least it did not taste like hell!

Mixing - No issues, mixed nicely, and there was no settlement at the bottom of my shaker cup.

Dosing - I took one scoop 20 minutes before hitting the gym; just an FYI, if you take this on the way to the gym and are stuck in traffic, you will want to get out and run, K-XR kicks in very quickly.

----Effectiveness----

Wow, if I could end the effectiveness section of my review with one word it would be "WOW" K-XR kicked my butt when it came to the energy I got from this. In the past, when I have taken any high stim pre-workouts, within the 1st 5 minutes, I would get some nausea or an increase in my heart rate while just standing around. With K-XR I did not get that. I knew I was in for the workout of my life on my initial scoop, that day, I was doing a total body workout and let me say, it lasted almost 3 hours; my wife called me and asked where was I and if I was lost, since I did get home until 10pm.

The focus on K-XR was great, about 15 minutes into my workout, I felt more focus and just having that feeling of seeing through walls! The pumps on K-XR were nice, as always I test a product on their pump claims when I do a couple of sets of 21s; K-XR did not disappoint. On a number of occasions, I stacked a standalone pump product and the pumps were off the wall, great feeling no matter what body part I worked out on that day. Furthermore, I was so surprised that I was not too crazy on this, considering the high stim content of K-XR; I tend to get angry when on any thing with high stim.

Now, just an FYI, for those of you who are stim sensitive, heed the following: "Start with half a serving!" I normally like to experiment with taking a scoop and a half; however, as strong as K-XR is, I did not want to take the chance.

Value - There are 30 servings per tub and you can pick it up for $30.00 on AllStart Health; a dollar a serving is an excellent price for a product as strong as K-XR

Sides - Okay, the only side I had on this was that, if taken too late in the evening, plan non binge watching your favorite TV show; I was up until 3am and I had to get up to go to work at 5am.

----Conclusion----

K-XR is perfect for those of us who crave a high stim products and as I always say, all supplement do not work the same for everyone. In my opinion, K-XR will be one of my top 5 high stim pre-workouts on my list of goodies to stock up when they are on sale. VMI Sports have a good competitive pre-workout on the market and I would recommend to pick a tub up. Again, as an FYI, if you are stim sensitive, start slow and if a half of serving is the magic spot for you, then you have a product that will give you 60 servings!
Vaughn
TROOPer Level: 46
  February 18, 2017

----Introduction----

Hey SR, here today for a review on VMIs preworkout K-XR. I took this preworkout for a boost in the gym while cutting. I was looking for this to give me some energy, improve my cardio and endurance. I can definitely say this has effective ingredients, but probably better for bulking. I'll explain in the details.

----Ingredient Profile----

Attached the supplement facts, it's a three part prop blend for pump, energy, and focus. I do have some issues with this profile, as it being a prop blend you're not quite sure what you're getting. Also, if you add up the active ingredients and compare it with scoop size there's quite a bit of flavoring and dyes which is unfortunate. The actual ingredients listed however are great. In the pump blend you get staples like Carnosyn and Taurine. I do like the multi stage caffeine matrix as I do enjoy preworkouts with a constant stream of caffeine instead of all at once which has caused me to crash before. In addition to the caffeine you get Higenamine HCL which is a stim that can help with breathing and Rauwolscine the purest form of yohimbine. For focus you have choline and club moss which I have had a lot and enjoy. Some notable aspects of that for pump you don't have any of the more popular ingredients such as citrulline or agmatine. Overall, some issues with the profile, but this has some good ingredients and definitely looks like a stim centric preworkout to improve your workouts.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----

VMI sent me blue razz, which is probably my least favorite flavor of supplements as it's usually too strong. This one was ok though in flavor and I didn't hate it, was tolerable. They did send me samples of the other flavors they have with tropical punch, Italian ice etc. If I bought this again I would get the Italian ace cherry limeade, it was the most enjoyable. It definitely has a lot of dyes though, it was very bright in color and I could do without that. Mixability was fine without any grittiness, and dosing is normal take this one scoop 20-30 min preworkout.

----Effectiveness----

So, I think this is definitely effective in what it wants to be, as this is a very strong stim preworkout. I am pretty stim tolerant and enjoy my caffeine, I also have been cutting and taking fat burners and stims pretty regular and this still hit me very hard so this product is definitely only for the stim tolerant and stim lovers. Unfortunately, I did have some issues with this as I'll get into later. As far as the blends go:

Pump: Not much at all. Beta Alanine is known more for its endurance properties than pump, and Taurine and Theombine aren't the most well known pump enhancers out there either. Wasn't expecting much here and I didn't receive it. Had some light Beta Alanine tingles though.

Energy: yes, yes, and yes. Heart pounding, intense energy for sure. Also helped me sweat more during cardio which I like, definitely helped me power through some sets and burn extra calories in the gym and with cardio. So this did help me in this area and help me achieve my fitness goals. Very strong though, and I did experience some side effects.

Focus: very strong her as well. It was more than just a stim/caffeine focus, definitely felt the choline and club moss help with concentration and staying in the gym. Liked this aspect as well.

Overall, very very strong stim preworkout that helped me plow through weights and cardio. So, it did what it's supposed to do and stim lovers will be very impressed. However, because of the super stim heavy formula, my diet, and body composition at the moment, I think it was a little too much for me.

----Value----

$34 for 30 servings, pretty standard for preworkouts in my opinion and has a good value. This being pretty much all stim and focus though there may be some more well rounded products out there.

----Side Effects----

I've been cutting for awhile now, trying to get as cut and lean as possible as my knee heals. I'm 5'9" and 168 lbs at the moment and if I had to guess probably around 9% body fat. I think because of these facts, how strong the stims are, and training pretty much fasted, this hit me way to hard most of the times and I had to fight off a lot of nausea for the first part of my workouts until it passed. Had tons of energy and kept lifting, but constantly worried I might throw up. After about 30 min it would pass but not enjoyable at all. I think if I was bulking, had more food in my system etc. it would work a lot better and I wouldn't have experienced this. I did not crash however though which is great.

----Conclusion----

If you love stims and energy you will love this. I would recommend for bulking purposes though, and if you're looking for a pump you should probably look elsewhere.
  • No Pump
zbikowski88
TROOPer Level: 49
  February 3, 2017

----Introduction----
Before I start I want to once again thank VMI Sports Nutrition for giving me another opportunity to review one of their products. In past reviews for VMI Sports I saw solid results and K-XR Black Series didn't disappoint. Upon seeing the ingredient profile I had to give this pre-workout a try. During the duration of this review I was training 5 to 6 days a week.

Claims:
- Extreme Energy
- Superior Mental Focus
- Better Pumps & Endurance

----Ingredient Profile----
The only downside on this pre-workout are the categorized prop blends, however I can get past that with how effective this was. There are 3 different categories....

Intense Pump Blend 3,300 mg - based on 3 different ingredients that are common.

Maximum Energy Blend 632.5 mg - Tri Stage Caffeine (KAFF Caffeine Citrate (299 mg 50.2% caffeine), Caffeine Anhydrous (150 mg), Infinergy "Di-Caffeine Malate" (137 mg 73% caffeine) in all 400 mg of caffeine per serving....... DID I MENTION 400 MG OF CAFFEINE PER SERVING!!!!! I got these statistics from PricePlow - https://blog.priceplow.com/supplement-news/vmi-sports-k-xr

Focal & Cognitive Enhancing Blend 503 mg - features 2 different ingredients

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
Taste - For this review I received the Tropical Punch Flavor (Watermelon, Strawberry & Coconut) which is one of four flavors available. To myself this tasted like a sweeter fruit punch flavor... Overall I give the flavor a 7/10

Mixability - No issues whatsoever with mixability, didn't notice any kind of clumping or settlement. In fact once I poured the powder it pretty much dissolved instantly.

Dosing - This is definitely NOT a pre-workout if your a new user to taking them. As a high stim tolerant person I can say 1/2 scoop could be enough for myself. After a few days of using 1/2 scoop I moved up to using 1 scoop with 6 oz of water 20 min before training.

----Effectiveness----
To judge the effectiveness of K-XR Black Series I'll use the claims provided in the Introduction section.....

Extreme Energy 10/10 - This was definitely a home run better yet a grand slam for me. Within minutes of taking K-XR I was feeling the energy and it lasted throughout the whole workout. There wasn't any kind of crash after a few hours of use and I had the feeling of having to use more than 1 scoop.

Superior Mental Focus 7/10 - I did notice an upgrade in focus but nothing superior. There wasn't that tunnel vision I was hoping for but I don't really need much there since I train in my garage.

Better Pumps & Endurance 9/10 - This is pretty much based on all endurance since I powerlift and don't train hypertrophy much outside of Aux lifts. The endurance from the clean energy I experienced kept me going through the workout and rest of the day.

----Value----
If your military like myself VMI Sports offers a 20% discount off of their listed price of $34.99 - leads to a price of around $28. For none military members the cheapest value I found was on All Star Health for $30 or $1 per serving. Overall this is a great price for an extremely effective pre-workout supplement.

----Conclusion----
In conclusion VMI Sports hit a grand slam with K-XR Black Series with this high energy pre-workout. Truly a one scoop supplement that will punch you into the next gear or 3. I highly recommend this pre-workout for those looking for an extreme energy boost. Big thanks to VMI Sports for continuing to participate in the SR TROOP Program.
    • Tropical Punch: 7/10
    PiccoloPete
    TROOPer Level: 25
      January 9, 2017

----Introduction----
    I would like to thank VMI and SR for the opportunity to try K-XR! It was a really great experience, I ordered a second tub of Cherry Lime Italian Ice.

----Ingredient Profile----
    K-XR is made up of 3 blends some of the ingredients are common in many pre-workouts but K-XR has them in a near perfect combination.

Pump blend: CarnoSyn(beta alanine), Taurine, Theobromine.
    Energy Blend: 3 different types of caffeine, Rauwolscine (this is a good companion to caffeine)
    Focus/Cognitive Blend:huperzine (congitive enhancer), Choline bitartate (cognative boosting properties)

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
    Taste: I requested the Cherry Lime Italian Ice, it was refreshing and delicious. It did have a tart after taste this will be my only gripe on the flavoring.

Mixabiliaty was near flawless with slight foaming that would dissipate after a few seconds post shaking.

Dosing: The first few times I took K-XR my timing was off I took it around 20 min prior to my workout and the energy didn't kick until 20-25min into my workout. I would even leave the gym and still have energy. So I adjusted the timing and found that 35min was my sweet spot.

----Effectiveness----
    My first perfectly timed gym session with K-XR was great! Wait every gym session with K-XR was great this was one of the few pre-workouts that I found to be great in all aspects. The energy was perfect; the Tri-stage caffeine was good to me. It wouldn't kick you in the face but would gradually give you energy at the right moment, there was a peak moment where you felt near perfect amount of energy. The decline was very gradual and was by no means a crash. When you left the gym it you didn't have that lethargic feeling some pre W/O give you.

The focus factor with K-XR was also really amazing. Normally you have to tell yourself "hey concentrate on that mind muscle connection." In this case it just happened, I would go in and find a barbell, machine or dumbbells that I needed and nothing would get in my way. My mind was squeezing whatever muscle I was using. I really don't like super long rest periods because I feel like I lose concentration but as I am trying to slowly get stronger I know that a little longer rest period would be beneficial to my next lift. Well this helped me stay focused during my rest period and allowed me to mentally prepare for the next lift.

Now the Pump the final stage! K-XR did not fail me, no matter if my rep ranges where low or high I could feel my muscles filling up with blood. I remember one time that I was benching, after I was finished with my sets of 5 and sets of 3 I dropped the weight and did a set of 30 I was already looking like a pigeon in the chesticles. But the set of 30 took it to a painful max, after I went and placed a few fingers on my red chest and it turned white then red instantly. On a different occasion I was doing arms, well at the end of the workout I could not put my arms down or pick them up, both bis and tris had so much blood in them that I was stuck for a few minutes just painfully in place. Even after some cardio the pump was Loyal!

----Value----
    K-XR goes for about 35 bucks on many different online retailers. I found it on suppz.com for 34.99 and you get a full container of AgmaPure also by VMI for free in your order. I think $35 is fair for a full 30 servings of K-XR.

N/A

----Conclusion----
    I have nothing but good thing to say about K-XR honestly one of my favorite pre-workout so far. It delivered on every aspect, Energy, Focus and Pump. To me this is a truly 1 scoop delicious pre-workout. VMI has truly created a near perfect product.
      • Cherry Lime Italian Ice: 9/10
      pancow
      TROOPer Level: 67
        December 18, 2016

----Introduction----
      First I would like to thank VMI Sports Nutrition for allowing me to review all these products especially K-XR, and the SR TROOP's program for making the connection possible. I believe this is my first supplement review ever to hit a 10 in all fields. Simply put, this pre-workout tasted great, was clean, didn't make me feel tweaked out, gave great energy and strength, and contains 30 servings.

Having a prop blend didn't even phase my rating because it says the caffeine content at least, the blends weren't small as hell, and it worked that damn good. Here's my review on K-XR.

----Ingredient Profile----

As mentioned this is partially disclosed in terms of caffeine coming in at 400mg approximately per serving. The rest of the primary ingredients are in hidden blends, but for me this wasn't too big of a deal since they were large enough blends and not 75mg with 4 ingredients. I've just separated all of the blends into their respective categories.

Intense Pump Blend - 3.3g
      For the pump blend I'd say it was more of the strength that came from the pumps than vascularity or muscle fullness. The quality version of beta alanine comes in first in the form of CarnoSyn. Then we also have Taurine and Theobromine. I would have loved to see agmatine sulfate coming in at 500mg at least, but I know the purpose is to stack with their other pump products so you don't get too much of anything. The pump was still good either or.

Maximum Energy Blend - 632.5
      This is the part of the supplement I liked the most. It's tri-stage caffeine that's supposed to release slowly instead of slapping you in the face. The end result was energy for well over an hour that was clean, and when the hour mark hit poo got intense to drive me through to the end. Infinergy Di-Caffeine Malate is the quality caffeine behind this becoming possible, then there's also KAFF and Anhydrous.

There's also interestingly Norroclaurine in this pwo that peaked my interest because it's supposed to be similar to ephedrine. While I'm not saying it was like using an ephedrine based supplement, the ingredient did seem to add in the same qualities such as thermogenics and improved energy beyond that of caffeine.

Lastly there's Rauwolfia Vomitoria which is commonly being added in to intense pwo's and is similar to yohimbine hcl. Basically improves blood circulation in a good way and increases body energy as well.

Focal and Cognitive Enhancing Benefits - 503mg
      Usually I can say I felt a little more focused but that's about it without 100% certainty, but with K-XR I KNEW I was focused and in the zone. Not to the point of being clumsy and oblivious to my surroundings, but to where I had the drive to do my next set. I didn't sigh and go one more set, I got pumped up and wanted to do one extra damn set. That's how focused I was and energized from the caffeine as well haha ingredients are Choline and Huperzia Serrata.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----

I received the Miami Vice flavor and it tasted great! I could sip on it if I wanted too,although I usually made a small cup to just shoot it quickly.

Mixing was easy, no settling, and never left any clumps. Barely had to shake the mixture before I drank it.

Dosing was just one scoop for me and that's all I really needed. I don't know who'd need more than what is in this, but I would suggest waiting a little longer to start training i.e. 35-40 mins

----Effectiveness----

Okay, so basically I'd take my scoop and wait around 40 minutes. The skin tingles would occur but not energy really felt until after my warm up, so I'm thinking once your blood starts to circulate faster this poo kicks in great. First off it's not all energy at once so I'm pacing but not feeling like my heart is about to explode.

Then while training the rest of the caffeine seeped into my workout making me have the energy to straight up keep driving weight for much longer. I performed heavy deadlift and squats on the same day and it didn't matter which one I started with. No matter what I was able to move that weight, and even threw in bent over rows at heavy sets. Essentially the strength and energy is untouchable especially because it goes for 2 or more hours.

The energy is freaking clean bro's and chics. No tweaked out feelings, cold shivers, or stim dick received while using this supplement. I'm also going to note that stacking this with their VasogenXT is INSANE. They sent some sample packs and the pump add on along with recovery and endurance were just OMAZING.

----Value----

Cheapest I found this for on a few places was $34.95, which I didn't feel was bad for what I got from this pwo. Sure it'd be nice to have this at $30 for 30 servings, but I think it's fair because you get clean straight up energy for 5-6 weeks of use depending on training days weekly. If you need 2 scoops for some reason then obviously this is too much.

No Bad Side Effects

----Conclusion----

I'm sticking to 10's across the board on this one. The effects this supplement gave me were legit, clean, and amazing. I'd recommend this to anybody that is used stim based pwo's with a higher tolerance. Newbs should probably half scoop this or use their other pwo available. Thanks again for allowing me to review this supplement VMI Sports Nutrition!
        • Miami Vice: 9/10