Overall Score:   How is this Calculated?

Ranks #12 of 228 (better than 95%) in

K-XR is a Pre-Workout manufactured by VMI Sports Nutrition. It is designed to help provide a pre-training advantage by increasing mental focus, muscle performance, endurance and blood flow. This creates an environment optimal for increasing muscle mass and losing body fat.
COMPARE SIMILAR

PiccoloPete
  January 9, 2017

Verified Full-Container Use through SR TROOPs.
(Thanks to VMI Sports Nutrition for sending it out!)
----Introduction----
I would like to thank VMI and SR for the opportunity to try K-XR! It was a really great experience, I ordered a second tub of Cherry Lime Italian Ice.

----Ingredient Profile----
K-XR is made up of 3 blends some of the ingredients are common in many pre-workouts but K-XR has them in a near perfect combination.

Pump blend: CarnoSyn(beta alanine), Taurine, Theobromine.
Energy Blend: 3 different types of caffeine, Rauwolscine (this is a good companion to caffeine)
Focus/Cognitive Blend:huperzine (congitive enhancer), Choline bitartate (cognative boosting properties)

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
Taste: I requested the Cherry Lime Italian Ice, it was refreshing and delicious. It did have a tart after taste this will be my only gripe on the flavoring.

Mixabiliaty was near flawless with slight foaming that would dissipate after a few seconds post shaking.

Dosing: The first few times I took K-XR my timing was off I took it around 20 min prior to my workout and the energy didn't kick until 20-25min into my workout. I would even leave the gym and still have energy. So I adjusted the timing and found that 35min was my sweet spot.

----Effectiveness----
My first perfectly timed gym session with K-XR was great! Wait every gym session with K-XR was great this was one of the few pre-workouts that I found to be great in all aspects. The energy was perfect; the Tri-stage caffeine was good to me. It wouldn't kick you in the face but would gradually give you energy at the right moment, there was a peak moment where you felt near perfect amount of energy. The decline was very gradual and was by no means a crash. When you left the gym it you didn't have that lethargic feeling some pre W/O give you.

The focus factor with K-XR was also really amazing. Normally you have to tell yourself "hey concentrate on that mind muscle connection." In this case it just happened, I would go in and find a barbell, machine or dumbbells that I needed and nothing would get in my way. My mind was squeezing whatever muscle I was using. I really don't like super long rest periods because I feel like I lose concentration but as I am trying to slowly get stronger I know that a little longer rest period would be beneficial to my next lift. Well this helped me stay focused during my rest period and allowed me to mentally prepare for the next lift.

Now the Pump the final stage! K-XR did not fail me, no matter if my rep ranges where low or high I could feel my muscles filling up with blood. I remember one time that I was benching, after I was finished with my sets of 5 and sets of 3 I dropped the weight and did a set of 30 I was already looking like a pigeon in the chesticles. But the set of 30 took it to a painful max, after I went and placed a few fingers on my red chest and it turned white then red instantly. On a different occasion I was doing arms, well at the end of the workout I could not put my arms down or pick them up, both bis and tris had so much blood in them that I was stuck for a few minutes just painfully in place. Even after some cardio the pump was Loyal!

----Value----
K-XR goes for about 35 bucks on many different online retailers. I found it on suppz.com for 34.99 and you get a full container of AgmaPure also by VMI for free in your order. I think $35 is fair for a full 30 servings of K-XR.

----Side Effects----
N/A

----Conclusion----
I have nothing but good thing to say about K-XR honestly one of my favorite pre-workout so far. It delivered on every aspect, Energy, Focus and Pump. To me this is a truly 1 scoop delicious pre-workout. VMI has truly created a near perfect product.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Slow Release Energy
  • Clean Energy
  • Tastes Good
    • Cherry Lime Italian Ice: 9/10
    pancow
      December 18, 2016

Verified Full-Container Use through SR TROOPs.
    (Thanks to VMI Sports Nutrition for sending it out!)
    ----Introduction----
    First I would like to thank VMI Sports Nutrition for allowing me to review all these products especially K-XR, and the SR TROOP's program for making the connection possible. I believe this is my first supplement review ever to hit a 10 in all fields. Simply put, this pre-workout tasted great, was clean, didn't make me feel tweaked out, gave great energy and strength, and contains 30 servings.

Having a prop blend didn't even phase my rating because it says the caffeine content at least, the blends weren't small as hell, and it worked that damn good. Here's my review on K-XR.

----Ingredient Profile----

As mentioned this is partially disclosed in terms of caffeine coming in at 400mg approximately per serving. The rest of the primary ingredients are in hidden blends, but for me this wasn't too big of a deal since they were large enough blends and not 75mg with 4 ingredients. I've just separated all of the blends into their respective categories.

Intense Pump Blend - 3.3g
    For the pump blend I'd say it was more of the strength that came from the pumps than vascularity or muscle fullness. The quality version of beta alanine comes in first in the form of CarnoSyn. Then we also have Taurine and Theobromine. I would have loved to see agmatine sulfate coming in at 500mg at least, but I know the purpose is to stack with their other pump products so you don't get too much of anything. The pump was still good either or.

Maximum Energy Blend - 632.5
    This is the part of the supplement I liked the most. It's tri-stage caffeine that's supposed to release slowly instead of slapping you in the face. The end result was energy for well over an hour that was clean, and when the hour mark hit poo got intense to drive me through to the end. Infinergy Di-Caffeine Malate is the quality caffeine behind this becoming possible, then there's also KAFF and Anhydrous.

There's also interestingly Norroclaurine in this pwo that peaked my interest because it's supposed to be similar to ephedrine. While I'm not saying it was like using an ephedrine based supplement, the ingredient did seem to add in the same qualities such as thermogenics and improved energy beyond that of caffeine.

Lastly there's Rauwolfia Vomitoria which is commonly being added in to intense pwo's and is similar to yohimbine hcl. Basically improves blood circulation in a good way and increases body energy as well.

Focal and Cognitive Enhancing Benefits - 503mg
    Usually I can say I felt a little more focused but that's about it without 100% certainty, but with K-XR I KNEW I was focused and in the zone. Not to the point of being clumsy and oblivious to my surroundings, but to where I had the drive to do my next set. I didn't sigh and go one more set, I got pumped up and wanted to do one extra damn set. That's how focused I was and energized from the caffeine as well haha ingredients are Choline and Huperzia Serrata.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----

I received the Miami Vice flavor and it tasted great! I could sip on it if I wanted too,although I usually made a small cup to just shoot it quickly.

Mixing was easy, no settling, and never left any clumps. Barely had to shake the mixture before I drank it.

Dosing was just one scoop for me and that's all I really needed. I don't know who'd need more than what is in this, but I would suggest waiting a little longer to start training i.e. 35-40 mins

----Effectiveness----

Okay, so basically I'd take my scoop and wait around 40 minutes. The skin tingles would occur but not energy really felt until after my warm up, so I'm thinking once your blood starts to circulate faster this poo kicks in great. First off it's not all energy at once so I'm pacing but not feeling like my heart is about to explode.

Then while training the rest of the caffeine seeped into my workout making me have the energy to straight up keep driving weight for much longer. I performed heavy deadlift and squats on the same day and it didn't matter which one I started with. No matter what I was able to move that weight, and even threw in bent over rows at heavy sets. Essentially the strength and energy is untouchable especially because it goes for 2 or more hours.

The energy is freaking clean bro's and chics. No tweaked out feelings, cold shivers, or stim dick received while using this supplement. I'm also going to note that stacking this with their VasogenXT is INSANE. They sent some sample packs and the pump add on along with recovery and endurance were just OMAZING.

----Value----

Cheapest I found this for on a few places was $34.95, which I didn't feel was bad for what I got from this pwo. Sure it'd be nice to have this at $30 for 30 servings, but I think it's fair because you get clean straight up energy for 5-6 weeks of use depending on training days weekly. If you need 2 scoops for some reason then obviously this is too much.

----Side Effects----

No Bad Side Effects

----Conclusion----

I'm sticking to 10's across the board on this one. The effects this supplement gave me were legit, clean, and amazing. I'd recommend this to anybody that is used stim based pwo's with a higher tolerance. Newbs should probably half scoop this or use their other pwo available. Thanks again for allowing me to review this supplement VMI Sports Nutrition!
     Pros: