Ranks #56 (better than 77%)
In: Pre-Workout > Stimulant

K-XR is a Pre-Workout manufactured by VMI Sports Nutrition. It is designed to help provide a pre-training advantage by increasing mental focus, muscle performance, endurance and blood flow. This creates an environment optimal for increasing muscle mass and losing body fat.

Welcome to SupplementReviews.com

The supplement industry is notorious for agressive marketing and misinformation.

bctuthill
TROOPer Level: 27
  April 6, 2017

----Introduction----
Hey SR-and thank you to VMI for participating in the TROOPs program and giving me a chance to try out this seriously intense PWO. I'd seen lots of good press on here about this, and then had a buddy in my office recommend it as well. When it popped up on the dashboard I jumped at it. Ultimately, it lived up to its name as a high-stim, intense PWO. Sometimes, too much; but too much for me isn't hard to do. I love caffeine, but other stim products tend to make me uncomfortable. I loved that this product had 400mg of caffeine in it, but quickly determined that the dosing difference between perfection and too much was a very fine line. VMI makes one of my favorite products of all time (arimistane), and it seems their products always pack a punch but have a few side effects. Overall, I love the brand. Here's my take on K-XR in detail

----Ingredient Profile----
X-XR is a prop blend. However, they do categorize things by their intended effects and if you know how you'll react to certain ingredients at certain dosages (and can connect the dots from other parts of the label) you can actually break down the blend to individual ingredients pretty closely.

First is their "Intense Pump Blend", which represents 3300mg overall and consists of CarnoSyn, Taurine, and Theobromine. I typically feel Beta Alanine (CarnoSyn) at 2g(+). When drinking this, I immediately felt tingles on my lips and within 15 minutes felt them down through my hands. I'd assume this puts the total CarnoSyn amount at 2.5(ish)g, leaving 800mg for the taurine and theobromine.

Next is the "Maximum Energy Blend". This represents 632.5mg and includes triple stage caffeine (incl. infinergy), and is meant to delay the release throughout your workout and eliminate the potential to crash. You also find Higenamine HCL (a feature ingredient), and rauwolscine. At the bottom of the label is a disclaimer that tells us there is 400mg of total caffeine per serving. That leaves 232.5mg for the Higenamine and Rauwolscine. *Higenamine is lumped into a category called "adrenergic receptor agonists" by the world doping agency. Its legality is questionable. If you are a drug tested athlete, inquire with your sport's testing board prior to taking this.*

Last we have the "Focal & Cognitive Enhancing Blend" at 503mg, and including Choline Bitartrate with Hyperzia Serrata Extract.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
Dyes are strong here, and the taste is VERY strong. I was not crazy about it. I received the Blue Raspberry flavor, but also got samples for their other options. None of them were bad, but all of them were very strong and had coconut flavor in them somewhere. Why is there coconut flavoring in just about everything now??

It mixed fairly well, but never completely. No real clumping, but always some settling at the bottom.

I took this 15 minutes before my workout and felt it working very quickly.

----Effectiveness----
I'll break this down by the categories marketed by VMI

Pumps: 4/10 That might be generous. I didn't notice any pump from this, nor did I expect to. They have the "intense pump blend", but I've never thought of CarnoSyn as a pump ingredient. Taurine maybe, but not an intense one; same with theobromine. Both help with blood flow, but I never think of them as ingredients to provide any real pump.

Energy: 10/10 Yep. 400mg of caffeine, theobromine, higenamine, rauwolscine, etc. How can you not get crazy energy after taking this? Unfortunately, dosing was a fine line. Too much and I quickly felt very energized AND nauseous. That wasn't ideal and became a drag on my workout a few times. That was made worse by not being able to workout as hard, thus not expelling that energy, and ultimately not sleeping. So, careful with dosing.

Focal & Cognitive Enhancement: 8/10 Very good. I was less likely to become distracted while taking this, and moved swiftly from one workout to another. I lift after work during primetime at the gym, and this focus blend helped me shark through crowds of people when I'd see equipment open up. Very handy.

----Value----
The best price I found was $32.99 from Walmart? Since when does Walmart sell stuff like this? Anyway, with 30 servings, that puts it at $1.17/serving. That's a fair price and right around market average for a product like this.

----Side Effects----
VMI makes awesome products usually, but I think they also tend to have sides. This was no exception. I'm susceptible to the cold sweats of the Rauwolscine-so that's one. They came on every time I took it and I am not a fan. Second was nausea. I had to be really careful dosing this. A full scoop brought it on every time, and a half scoop wasn't enough to be effective. There's a line on the scooper about 1/16th of an inch below the rim and I found that was my perfect measurement to balance high energy and focus w/o feeling nauseated. Last was insomnia. I lift after work, and this might not be the best choice for that schedule. Most nights I was having trouble sleeping after taking it.

----Conclusion----
Altogether this is a hell of a PWO and one I think others might be able to handle better than I could. I always seem to be prone to side effects from anything that can have them, and besides caffeine I'm not really into high-stim products. I'd say it's worth trying for anyone. If it agrees with you, you're going to love it. But if you're like me, you might need to play with dosing a bit and respect the potency. Thanks again VMI and well-done with this one overall!
  • No Pump
elee229
TROOPer Level: 37
  April 5, 2017

(Thanks to VMI Sports Nutrition for sending it out!)
What's cracking fellow SRs? I'm back with another review on another high stim preworkout (at least in my eyes), this time from VMI Sports Nutrition. Huge thank you to VMI Sports for allowing me to try their preworkout. I had good success with their AgmaPure Agmatine Sulfate, and I had been seeing great reviews here on SR so I decided to give it a shot.

The one problem I have with this ingredient profile is that everything is in three blends. Three blends in categories of intense pump blend, maximum energy blend, and focal & cognitive enhancing blend. It would be nice if everything was fully disclosed. Intense Pump Blend 3,300mg. Maximum Energy Blend 632.5mg. Focus & Cognitive Enhancing Blend 503mg. I found the Intense Pump Blend to be very interesting. Three ingredients can be found: beta alanine, taurine, theobromine. Not normal pump ingredients we normally see in a preworkout. 400mg of caffeine can be found in the Maximum Energy Blend. It is a three stage caffeine (caffeine citrate, caffeine anhydrous, di-caffeine malate). The three stage caffeine is for a constant release of energy.

Taste
I received Cherry Lime Italian Ice and I enjoyed every scoop of it. As other reviewers have mentioned, the dyes are heavy and it had a slight chemical flavor. One of my favorite snacks during the summer is water ice. The Cherry Lime Italian Ice reminded me of Rita's cherry flavored water ice. The color and taste is spot on the same as Rita's. For those of you who don't know what Rita's is, it is a water ice shop with many different combos and flavors.

Mixability/Dosing
It mixed decently in 10 ounces of water. I still experienced minor settlement at the bottom. This preworkout is a definite one scooper. I used one flat scoop and sipped on it about 30-45 minutes before a workout. I'm not crazy/brave enough to try as medinacirilo called it a "bro scoop".

The product was hard hitting. After the first sip, the caffeine rush and beta alanine were present. Pumps were not as good as other preworkouts. If you're looking for a pump, I would recommend stacking the preworkout with a pump product. I stacked this with VMI VasogenXT pump product and had better pumps. Nothing major, but it was much better. The energy was clean and smooth. I was able to push through mental barriers with the focus and concentration I had. The focus and energy helped me get that extra rep. However at times, I felt like there was too much energy. I would literally bounce of walls. This would affect my workouts negatively as I found it harder to keep my form tight. Overall though, great energy, good focus, and lack luster pumps.

The cheapest I found the product was around $30 on Amazon for 30 servings, which comes to $1 per serving. And since this a true one scooper, each time it'll be one buck for With Amazon Prime, free two day shipping. I personally feel that the price is very fair. Even though the pumps were lacking, I still feel that this is a solid preworkout and definitely worth my hard earned money.

Side Effects
There were some definite side effects. The side effects arose due to errors on my part. Taking it too late at night would not allow me to sleep at a normal time. Anytime I took the product past 7pm, I would not be able to sleep till the next morning (around 3~4am). Sometimes if I ate a meal with few carbs before a workout, I would experience a chilling effect. I also had increased urine output, probably caused by the theobromine. In one workout, I would pee 3 or 4 times.

Conclusion
Don't let the 400mg of caffeine scare you. The nice thing about the product is that the caffeine is released at different times which leads to constant energy. Energy was smooth throughout the whole workout, however pumps were not there. I'm not a stim junkie, but I opened my eyes to new possibilities and I've enjoyed the results. Give the product a try and enjoy the results!

Thank you to the reps at VMI for sending me this product and the hand written note. It was a nice touch to the package. So far I'm loving the products I've tried from VMI. Later on look out for my review on their pump product Vasogen XT. Peace.
  • Some Insomnia If Taken Too Late
  • Cherry Lime Italian Ice: 9/10
medinacirilo
TROOPer Level: 42
  March 31, 2017

(Thanks to VMI Sports Nutrition for sending it out!)
This VMI Preworkout has been getting very good reviews here at SR, so I was curious to see what the hype was all about. As a company, VMI has been dropping some impressive products upon us consumers. Like It or not, Preworkout supplements are creeping into that "staple" category (if they haven't already!) as something most consumers buy along with protein and creatine! Naysayers will cry "you don't need a Preworkout for a good gym session!!" Well, they probably don't wake up at 4am to get ready for work, and have an hour commute each way, either!

Like I said in my last review, my wife has been bitten by the fitness bug. She's on a diet, so that means I'm on a diet! Well not so much as she is (keto) but I am following her in carb-cycling and just eating cleaner in general. Also, because she (now) loves the gym so much I've ditched my "Bro-Split" for a 6-day routine, and following the Body Spartan workouts. This means heavy lifting, lots of reps, and lots of super-sets. NOT an easy thing if your carbs and calories are low! Anyways, a strong Preworkout is a good tool to have under these conditions. Was K-XR able step up to the plate? Read and find out.

PROFILE-7.5
This has been covered pretty extensively so i wont beat it apart. A Solid energy profile, BUT, it's split into several blends. The Max Energy Blend comes with a Triple stage caffeine stack, designed to release in stages. Also, Norcoclaurine (touted to improve broncodialation), and Rawolfia Vomitoria. the Focal Blend has Choline Bitartrate, and Huperzia Serrata extract. Both are written to improve cognitive function. That 400mg of caffeine listed on the front label might seem scary at first, but keep in mind it doesn't all hit at once. This is an innovative feature in the "post DMAA" era (if that's even a thing yet) to keep that caffeine energy from faltering too early in your workout. What I found lacking in the label was the usual pump-profile ingredients. The Intense Pump Blend (listed at 3300mg) contains CarnoSyn, L-Taurine, and Theobromine. Not what I'd expect in a pump blend; most of the usual suspects like Citrulline and Arginine are missing. Hmmm, maybe there's a method to this madness?

I received the "Miami Vice" flavor and, well, it does live up to its name! A nice tropical drink flavor that reminded me of a poolside cabana or beach drink. It did have a tart chemical aftertaste but not too bad. I enjoyed drinking it and never got tired of the taste. It mixed up pretty well, but had a decent amount of opaque orange color to it.

EFFECTIVENESS-7.5
This is one product that's you feel from the first sip! The lips and mouth get those Beta-Alanine tingles, and you'll feel the caffeine kick in within minutes. This baby had some clean constant energy that lasted! It was strong, and would last for several hours. The staged release caffeine seemed timed perfectly as I never felt it drop off and pick up, just a gradual decline. Endurance during some longer gym sessions was remarkable, and breathing was absolutely NOT affected by the high dose of caffeine. In fact, breathing was slightly improved. Focus was somewhat noticeable, just not on a super "tuned in" level like some of the other Preworkouts available. Now, the pump was lacking with this, and pretty much non-existent in my opinion. That and muscle strength/endurance wasn't improved at all. This was disappointing for such a product that does so well in all the other areas. Other than this negative point, this Preworkout was a solid performer. My normal dose was right under a level scoop. Now, a few times I tried to "Bro Scoop" this and paid the price! I felt cold shivers and sweats, a slight nausea, mild headaches, and I would crash very hard! Stay within your comfort zone on this one and you'll have a good experience.

SIDE EFFECTS- 8.5
Other than my "caffeine overdose" experiences I felt pretty much no ill effects taking this. No tightness of the lungs, no adverse reactions. Stick to the proper dosage and you'll be fine. Overdo it and you'll regret it!

VALUE-8
About mid-30$ for 30 servings, I see this as a fair value for such a solid stim-based Preworkout. Although the can says 30 scoops, I'm pretty sure I got quite a few more servings out of it. Although its lacking in a few areas i still feel its worth its price

OVERALL-7.6
This was all about the stims, and it showed. With the lack of focus-feels, its not the "melt your face off" strongest Preworkout you'll ever try. But it's a solid performer in ALMOST every aspect. Those looking for a more "fully dosed" performance blend, might be disappointed (and will be wired out of their minds) while others wanting "Super Focus" should look to the remaining DMAA or DMHA options. But for a strong caffeine based stimulant Preworkout, this one delivers clean and consistently. This truly shines if your more of an "endurance" type of gym rat. Try it out, you won't be disappointed.
  • No Pump
  • Miami Vice: 9/10
Italy48
TROOPer Level: 25
  March 28, 2017

----Introduction----
Thank you to VMI Sports and the SR Trooper program for letting us have a shot at this Pre-Wrokout supplement. I was able to grab this on the second offering to the SR Troopers. When it was first introduced I saw it was a prop blend and was kind of hesitant. After I saw all of the positive reviews by the SR Troopers it caught my attention.

----Ingredient Profile----
This is a prop blend that is broken down into three sections. I will say I am not a fan of prop blends but I have judged a book by its cover previously and was dead wrong. Lets dig in and see whats in this bad boy. First up is the Intense Pump Blend. This consists of CarnoSyn Beta-Alanine, L-Taurine and Theobromine. I like to see the Thebromine in here since it is not an ingredient that I have a lot of experience with. I believe they added this for the increased blood flow effects this is claimed to have. The second blend is the Maximum Energy Blend. This consists of three different caffeine types (Citrate, Anhydrous and Di-caffeine Malate) that is supposed to provide long lasting energy. The third is the Focal and Cognitive Enhancing Blend that is made up of Choline Bitartrate and Huperzia Serrata Extract. Choline Bitartrate is a focus and mood enhancer. Huperzia Serrata Extract is known for increasing the levels of the neurotransmitter responsible for memory and cognitive functions.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
I had the Miami Vice flavor (Strawberry, Pineapple and Coconut). It was a good overall taste once you found the right amount of water to mix it with. Too little water and it was tart. Too much water and it felt like you were drinking it for an hour. I found the sweet spot right at 12 ounces which is at the higher end that the label recommended.. The label says 10-12 ounces of water but again, it was too sweet for my liking using 10 ounces of water. I had no issues with mixability. A few shakes in the shaker cup and it was ready to go. I dosed at one scoop about 15-20 minutes prior to my workout.

----Effectiveness----
First things first.....This was hit or miss for me. When it worked I did feel certain effects and when it didn't work it was disappointing. Lets start off with pumps and endurance. Even when I felt that this PWO was working in other aspects, the pumps were just not there. I understand this is not a stand alone pump product but I did expect to feel something that resembled a pump since the label makes this claim. The tingles were not intense but that is alright with me. As far as endurance goes, you could tell this PWO did quit about 30 minutes into my workout. This happened each and every time I took it. It was if I hit a wall. As far as focus goes, this was above average while it lasted. On the days that I could feel this working the focus was good for the first 30 minutes. I would zone in and be determined to grab the weights. After the 30+ minute mark, it faded very quickly. The energy part of this workout is where I did feel the most positive effect and saw the most consistency. I would say that the energy factor was always there for about the first 30 minutes in and then it would quit on me. It seemed as if all the energy and focus would happen in a 30 minute window and then disappear. That 30 minute window for energy and focus was nice while it lasted but I need something that will last 45-50 minutes. I realize that is asking a lot but I have used other products that do hit that target. With the Triple Stage Caffeine I expected energy for longer periods. For me, I have a hard time comparing endurance vs energy in a PWO. Just to be clear I judge endurance as muscle fatigue and energy as physical and mental fatigue if that makes sense. I do understand that may sound a tad confusing. I will say overall this PWO was not effective for me on a consistent basis and did not deliver all of the claims the label made.

----Value----
30 servings for $29.99 which comes out to $1.00 (rounded up) per serving which I feel is a very reasonable price for a Pre-Workout if it works for you.

----Side Effects----
A bit of stomach discomfort some of the time but not everytime. There are times I would drink it and at the 3rd or 4th sip I would get stomach pains for 30 seconds and then they would disappear as quick as they came on. It was not every time so I tried to narrow it down based on time of day, and if I ate or drank anything else around the same time as taking this that might have caused it or interacted with it. I did not find any similarities on the days this would occur. Also researching the ingredients, I did not see anything that might cause this so I am at a loss as to why this was happening. Please feel free to offer your thoughts on why.

----Conclusion----
I do like the ingredient list and I do see by others reviews that this product has worked for them. Unfortunately for me my body did not respond to this PWO as I was hoping it would have and I did not have the same positive results as other users experienced. I do give a thumbs up for the flavor and being reasonably priced. I cannot give a thumbs up for the effectiveness based on my reasons above. If you do decide to give this PWO a try I hope you have better results than I did. Thank you again to VMI Sports for supporting the SR Trooper program.
  • Slight Stoamch Discomfort
  • Effects Not Consistent
  • Miami Vice: 7/10
Gdolce42
TROOPer Level: 20
  March 20, 2017

----Introduction----
Thanks to the SR community and VMI Sports for letting me give this product a go! Overall this product is made to help with focus and energy and has a supportive cast of ingredients to show it. What it does not have that I would prefer is some of the performance enhancing ingredients. Additionally, I thought it was great to receive a personalized note from the company thanking me for trying it out. I think dedication to your product is a huge marketing tool.

----Ingredient Profile----
Intense Pump Blend (beta-alanine, L-taurine, theobromine)3,300mg - Beta alanine is capable of reducing acid buildup in the muscles and increases your endurance. For most people, it will take about 2 weeks for the effects of beta alanine to start working. Through some research I found that this product most likely has a dosing of 1.6 g of beta alanine. L-taurine is an amino acid that has some properties associated with enhancing recovery, but there is mixed evidence. It may have some effects on reducing blood pressure, which also has mixed evidence. Thebromine, similar to caffiene, can help you stay alert and awake.

Maximum Energy Blend (632.5) - Well everyone knows what caffeine is, but whats different about this product is that it has three different types of caffeine: Caffeine Citrate, Caffeine Anhydrous, and Di-caffeine mallate. Each one of these has said that their different chemical structure causes them to be absorbed slow or fast, but in the end caffeine does what it does.. Like I stated in a previous review, caffeine has good short term effects on females and not so much on males in regards to fatigue levels.

Rauwolfia vomitoria - a derivative from a plant has properties that are consistent with stimulating the central nervous system and triggering sexual desire (hmmmmmmmmm). In PW it has fat burning properties and ability to minimally boost metabolism.

Focal and Cognitive Enhancing Blend (503mg) - Choline Bitartrate used for its cognitive properties by its ability to turns in acetylcholine (ATCH). This neurotransmitter is important for a lot of processes in your body ranging from cognitive to being THE MAIN neurotransmitter at the neuromusuclar junction responsible for muscle contraction. This can be found mainly in the yolks of eggs for those who want more of it, but taking too much of this can give you a headache. Huperzia Serrata Extract is a cognitive enhancer that actually breaks down aceytlchonline, but (there is always a but), because of this process a relative increase in ATCH actually occurs.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
This was an awesome tasting product. I received small packets of all flavors and I didn't think there wasn't one where I didn't enjoy the taste. Dosing is good in 7.7g per scoop. I thought it mixed very well in 12 oz of water with no settling at the bottom.

----Effectiveness----
Overall this an "B+" product. It does what a PW should do which is increase your focus and give you the energy to go lift after a long day. The only downfall, which may be big depending on who you are is the lack of pump ingredients. Since this PW is clearly caffeine based (hence the 3 different caffeine derivatives) it will depend on how you respond to caffeine. For me, it definitely worked and last throughout the workout, plus some. I find that it has its greatest affect an hour after I drank the PW. I found that there was about a 20-30 minute period that I felt I was strong and my endurance was at its peak. After this, I wouldn't call it a "crash", but the effect definitely wore off. It does not make you tired after you take it, but you can tell when it starts to decrease.

----Value----
The cheapest that I found was 34.95 on amazon. It costs about 34.99 on the VMI Sports website.

----Conclusion----
Like I mentioned in the intro, I enjoyed how the company sent me a personalized note thanking me for reviewing their product. A little things goes a long a way. Good product and definitely worth giving it a go if you like caffeine based products. It kept me focused throughout the gym session and like I mentioned above, allowed a pretty good amount of time where I was able to lift strong and hard without any fatigue. If you find this same situation then I would suggest building your workout routine around those 20-30 hardcore minutes. I hope that this company keeps coming out with quality products like this.
  • Blueberry Razz: 8/10
  • Miami Vice: 8/10
  • Tropical Punch: 9/10
workoutguru
TROOPer Level: 65
  March 19, 2017

(Thanks to VMI Sports Nutrition for sending it out!)
First off I want to thank VMI Sports for letting us troopers have the chance to give this product a try. This is their new pre-workout they just came out with. I was a little unsure if I wanted to try this or not. After I has claimed one of their other products on here I was give some samples of this try to. After trying the samples (which I really liked) I had to get this if it came up on the trooper program again. It was a great product for me but with some really unwanted sides to go with it.

Ingredients:
This is made up of three main categories. First you get your intense pump blend 3,300mg. Second you get Maximum Energy Blend 632.5mg. Third you get Focus & Cognitive Enhancing Blend 503mg. Plus you get some Niacin, Vitamin B12, and Calcium. What I don't like about each of these categories is that they are made up of prop blends. I would really like to know how much of everything I am getting especially the caffeine. I do think most everything is fairly well dosed and comes out to the right amounts to make up the total amount they use. I like that they use three sources of caffeine so it hits you in three different stages during your workout. Also I noticed they take a little different approach to the pump blend which I thought was rather interesting. I also like that they put stuff in here to help with mental focus. I think having good ingredients in a pre-workout to help with your mental focus is a big plus.

Value:
The cheapest I could find this was on allstarhealth.com for $29.99 for 30 servings. I don't think that is to bad a price for this. $30 I think is the most I think you should have to pay for a pre-workout. This will cost you around $1 per serving which I am ok with.

Taste:
I requested the cherry lime Italian ice flavor and that is what they sent me. I will say that this was a little on the strong side for taste. I did notice right away when I would drink this that it had just a little bit of a chemical taste to it. Nothing I was to worry about but was noticeable for me. It was not to bad a flavor but was a little on the tart side. From what I can remember I think their other flavors were a little better than this. I would usually just slam this each time I drank it so I did not have to taste it as much.

Mixing/Dosing:
Mixing was real simple with this. All I needed to do was a just a few little shake in my shaker bottle and it was ready to go. I would start to mix right away when I filled this with water. You will get no little left over pieces when mixed. What I don't like is this is very heavy in dyes. This has a very bright red color to it. Please get rid of the dyes. I don't like them or need them. So what if it makes your pre-workout look cooler. Just a cloudy like color is all I need. I just don't like having to stomach all of these dyes. Dosing is pretty simple. I would do just one scoop about 15-20mins before my workout. I would maybe be a little careful if you think you need more than one scoop since this is rather stim heavy.

This is more of a stim heavy pre-workout than anything else. If your getting this for more than stims this maybe not the pre-workout you want. For someone like me I am a bit of a stim junky and can usually handle higher amounts of stims. For me this felt almost right on for the amount of stims I like to have. I prefer to have around 300-350mg at least and 400 being around my max. The energy I got from this seemed to stay pretty consistence and would usually last me through out my whole workout which was nice. I like the 3 different stages of caffeine they use and feel this really helped me a lot to keep that energy going. I never felt to jittery at all when I used this which was nice. There were a few times I felt this got my heart racing a little more so than normal but most of the time I felt pretty good. I had to really be hitting my workout harder and taking very little time between set and going a little heavier to really feel this hit me a lot harder where I could start to feel my heart start to race a little more so than normal. I think my overall endurance was pretty good. I always felt good and never felt overly winded and or had and real heavy breathing issues. I will say that if your someone that is not use to heavy stims or a bit more sensitive to them this will hit you rather hard. If your just starting out using pre-workouts I would probably not start with this until you get more use to them.

I noticed they take a little different approach to the ingredients they use for pumps. Not really sure I like this approach that much. I think the pumps I got from this were ok nothing real great but have had better ones. They started out feeling pretty decent like almost painful like for about the first week or so and then started to feel them less and less. I was adding some citrulline to this and I think that made the pumps a bit more noticeable and a bit painful like at times. I always have trouble noticing pumps and when I stop feeling them it hard to start feeling them again.

The focus I got from this was I thought was fairly decent. This won't give you that extreme tunnel vision like focus but it still gives enough to help keeping you go during your workout. I could tell that my focus was a lot better but I think could have been even a little more. I know I was able to block out some other issues I was dealing with and feel this helped me focus a little more on my workout.

I can't say this really helped me a lot with any strength gains but then again I was not really training to gain more strength in general. Right now I try to lift semi heavy on weight and I think it was pretty consistence at helping me with that. With everything I mentioned in the effectiveness part I thought it was pretty decent pre-workout expect for one major issue I always seemed to have a lot when I used this which I did not like at all. Before I would take this I would usually try and eat a little something just incase it would cause me any stomach issues. It seemed like when I would take this and get about halfway through my workout I would start to get this bit of upset stomach feeling. It would make me feel nauseous like and it would really effect my workouts and would almost have to stop and just wait for it to go away. I thought by eating a little something before I took this would help buffer my stomach but that did not seem to help to much. I know some days were worse than others and some days I would not notice it much at all and it would be great with how well it worked then. I heard that the ingredient Rauwolfa (it's a kind of root bark) they use in this can cause upset stomach and that is the only thing I can think of that must be causing me this issue. If there is something else in this that is causing it I would really like to know. It was really frustrating trying to workout some days when this would really start to bother me. When I got a little over half way through the container I wanted to quit taking this and starting taking something else but did not have any other pre-workouts at the moment to use so I stuck with this.

Side Effects:
Just the really bad upset stomach I would always get when I used this.

Overall:
This was a pre-workout I really enjoyed except for the side effects I got from it. For being a stim heavy based pre-workout I thought it worked pretty good. I am not usually into just real heavy stim base pre-workouts but I was ok with this one. I felt it was pretty effective for me and worked. The major down side to this product was the really bad upset stomach it always gave me. Because of the bad upset stomach this always gave me I have to pass on wanting to use it again even though I did enjoy it for the effectiveness. If your looking for a great stim based pre-workout I would highly recommend giving this a try. Again I want to give a big shout out to VMI Sports for letting me try this.
  • Label Hard To Read
  • Cherry Lime Italian Ice: 7/10
Cray
TROOPer Level: 56
  March 8, 2017

----Introduction----
Given the relatively high marks K-XR had received from other reviewers, I decided to snag a tub the next time it was made available for review. Can't get enough preworkout, ya feel me?

----Ingredient Profile----
K-XR is comprised of the usual suspects one finds in a preworkout, but hides actual dosages behind a series of prop blends. Not ideal but, since the blends are not overly complex, it looked to me as though the math added up and each ingredient was effectively and appropriately dosed.

My biggest gripe is the amount of caffeine is not fully disclosed. Nearly all products I've tried recently do specify how much caffeine is included in each scoop, and thus I'm able to adjust dosages accordingly to fit my own sweet spot. VMI did put on the bottom of the label that approximately 400mg of caffeine is contained in each scoop, but I'd still prefer the exact amount to be disclosed within the supplement facts profile. I didn't even notice this line until about halfway through the tub.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
Good lord. This is one of the most over-flavored, heavily dyed supplements I've come across in a while. I don't understand it. Why? Is there actually a demand for this? Do most lifters have the flavor palate of five-year-olds? Damn.

Anyway, I requested and received the Blueberry Razz flavor and I actually thought the base of the flavor was well done. Blueberry, coconut, and pineapple. Very nice but so overpowering. Even one scoop in 24oz. of water was a challenge. VMI sent sample packs of their other flavors which I also tried. Again, great bases - particularly the cherry lime Italian ice - but just too heavy and strong for my liking.

I usually mixed one heaping scoop with 24 oz. of water and sipped on my way to the gym. No issues with mixability or foaming.

----Effectiveness----
K-XR's big selling point is its "triple stage caffeine blend" which VMI touts as providing consistent and sustained high-level energy, a claim this product absolutely achieves. One scoop provides a solid boost of energy that, surprisingly, didn't leave me with the jitters (I sometimes have that problem with stim-heavy products). This is one of the better preworkouts I've tried with respect to consistently providing enough energy to last an entire 60 minute workout. Well done.

As for the focal/cognitive enhancement and intense pump blends, I found the effects to be fairly standard. Decent pumps and a slight focus boost. But honestly you're not buying this product for those features, though they are nice additions.

----Value----
For cost, I've found the industry pre-workout norm to be roughly .75c-$1.00 per serving. K-XR will cost you $30 for a tub of 30 servings via AllStarHealth, which is right on par with competitor supplements. It's also a true, one-scoop preworkout, so you're getting your money's worth with each serving.

----Side Effects----
No issues here aside from the occasional, what I like to call, preworkout evacuations.

----Conclusion----
If all you really want is for your preworkout to kick you straight in the face, K-XR is a solid option. Flavoring and dyes aside, I'd absolutely recommend this to lifters who train in longer sessions and need a long-lasting stimulant boost. As stated, that is really where this product shines. 400mg of caffeine is no joke though, so this is probably not great for supplement noobs and first timers. But for the rest of my stim-tolerant junkies, give K-XR a look. It's a good option if you're needing to change up your preworkout game.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Clean Energy
  • Consistent Throughout Workout
  • Long Last Energy
  • No Jitters Or Crashing
  • Dyes
  • Heavily Flavored
  • Proprietary Blends
  • Blueberry Razz: 5/10
mhseaver670
TROOPer Level: 78

March 2, 2017

(Thanks to VMI Sports Nutrition for sending it out!)
VMI Sports K--xr. To be honest I had not heard much about it here on the SR.com forums. I did see it on some others and there was a lot of praise for it, About the same time this came available here on the Trooper program. So I succeeded in grabbing one of these to try myself.
First off it is a blend. And honestly I can deal with them for the most part but right off the bat one of the annoying things for was the label itself.
The ingredient label is indeed listed as a mixture of Blends, but good grief the words are so small I basically have to use a magnifying glass to read this.
I am not sure if this is for marketing or what, to keep people from actually reading it at the store or what. Or maybe I am just grumpy at my old age. Either way,, Come on guys if you are going to hide behind a blend, at least let us be able to read it with a naked eye.

Profile.
Beside it being a blend as not knowing how much of specific ingredient you are getting , what they do have is some good choices to be honest.
Three different caffeine blends for a three stage effect. Which I was digging. I like things that go boom and have that after shock after which this did.
Also the pump blend is a little different than what others have picked but it seemed to work well .. at the beginning. Next is the mental focus blend which I think maybe one of the better parts of this.
Check on this site for more in depth profile details from some of our others respected members.

Taste 6
I had tropical punch, and I HATE that flavor from anyone!. I am so over this flavor, I wish the FDA would just ban it. This is one was a bit better as it did seem to have some more coconut flavor in it and that did help but there was still something just not good for me on this.

Mixing 9
Actually It did tend to foam a bit when I added the creapure to it but all in all It mixed super easy.

Effectiveness 7.5
Okay So I did get some good focus, I did get some decent pumps from this at first, but after about a week those faded to nothing.
I did get some great energy at times it was almost too much, which makes me nervous or something and it tends to mess my workouts up.
I did seem to get nauseous from this here and there . I could never pin point what it was that made me sick. I tend to have a small snack about 45 mins before heading to the gym. I did mention earlier that the focus part was maybe the best and I think that is what they should really dial in if they ever think about changing up the profile on this. I had some great concentration when I was going for heavy set and I think it did help me get that connection needed for the lift.
I think it is pretty effective but I think it would be just as good without as many stims in it to be honest.

Value 8
You can find this right now for around 35 bucks on tiger fitness or amazon and for 30 true servings that is a good deal in my book. I think for someone getting started in working out and as looking for a good all around Pre workout this should be something to check out.

Overall 6.7
Not a bad pick, but the fact it made me kinda sick a few times and the pump factor wore off rather fast bring it down some. Then add in the label printing and the fact it has a lot of dyes added, it brings it down even more. About the dyes. Honestly if you are not using natural coloring just leave it alone. I do not care if I am drinking grape, it does not need to stain my cup, spoon and counter top with purple. It is okay to leave it plain white.
VMI did a great job in bringing out a good hitter with this one. But I think they should change a few small things and they could really have a home run.
  • Label Hard To Read
  • Tropical Punch: 6/10
Wade419
TROOPer Level: 43
  February 28, 2017

----Introduction----
The supplement industry is currently saturated with tons of pre-workout supplements that claim this and claim that with unfortunately more blunders than overall winners. K-XR has recently been getting a lot of praise from the SR as a stimulant heavy pre-workout so I when I saw an opportunity to test it out I knew I had to give it a try. Let's see how it stacks up to the competition in the most packed supplement category today! Thanks to VMI Sports for the chance to try it out!

-Intense Pump Blend (3.3g)-
CarnoSyn (Beta-Alanine): This is quite possibly the new king ingredient of pre-workouts with the obvious exception of the almighty caffeine but for very good reason. Beta-Alanine works by buffering the pH in your muscle cells so that lactic acid formation is delayed and allows you to get a couple more repetitions in before the insane muscle burning sensations kick in. It has some significant clinincal studies to back up many of its claims and has become a staple to any gym rats usual stack. Unfortunately for this product it was added into a proprietary blend. The usual clinically significant dosing is around 2.5-3.5g but due to the inclusion of what I would consider "filler" ingredients like Taurine, we can't be fully sure of how much beta-alanine we're getting since I've seen products with up to 2g's of taurine would would only leave less than 1.5g of beta-alanine and that's not counting in the Theobromine yet either! Proprietary blends needs to be outlawed so people can better justify if they are getting jipped on dosing, but thankfully for K-XR's sake it does offer a strong tingling sensation to alert us that there is likely no shortage.
L-Taurine
Theobromine

-Maximum Energy Blend (632.5mg) -
Triple Stage Caffeine (about 400mg) : Holy crap! Well thankfully they do label on the tub that it has approximately 400mg of caffeine but wow! 400mg is a pretty hefty dose and so far I've only seen it be second to Hyde's proportions! They most definitely are not messing around with this stimulant dosage so extreme caution needs to be taken with not taking more than 1 scoop!
Higenamine HCL
Rauwolfia Extract

Choline Bitartrate: Common cognitive enhancing supplement that is primarily used to help with focus during exercises.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
I had the chance to try out their tropical punch flavor and I must say that I'm personally not a fan. It's not overly sweet or anything but it's just not a specific flavor that I enjoy. It did mix fairly well with the usual 8-12oz of water and was easy to dose with the small scooper but again, make sure not to dose more than 1 scoop!

----Effectiveness----
Taking K-XR prior to my workout gives me the usual tingles from the beta-alanine that I'm used to from pre-workouts prior to getting onto the gym floor but after that the stimulant effects come in.... hard! I do think there must be something to using a triple caffeine blend because I never noticed any dip in overall focus or mental fatigue throughout all my workouts using K-XR. I did tend to crash a bit after getting home from a good lift but that's to be expected of any pre-workout especially the higher stimulant ones. I did notice some mild "chills" during some of my workouts that I would blame on the really high caffeine dose and Rauwolfia Extract that are common side effects of both. It's actually kind of funny because prior to typing this review I swore that I had some good pumps on this product but low and behold there isn't one single vasodilator ingredient in this product! It has been quite sometime that I've seen a pre-workout stick purely to it's stimulant effect and fully be absent of the "pump" stuff but I assume it's because VMI has a separate supplement line devoted to pure "pump" supplements to enhance products like K-XR. Overall I personally did enjoy K-XR but I would not recommend it to new lifters or individuals that have not accustomed themselves to higher caffeine dosed products prior to trying this beast.

----Value----
I was able to find K-XR online fairly easily for about $35 for a 30 serving tub. I think that this is pretty much the standard price for pre-workout supplements nowadays and I do think that it's a decent price for the product being slightly over $1 per serving. I do think that K-XR could have been more strategically priced between $25-30 though due to it's lack of typically expensive vasodilator ingredients and I think that a price point like that would entice many more individuals to hop on board, but even so at $35 I'd consider it a fair price considering the product's overall effectiveness.

----Side Effects----
I noticed that I sometimes experienced the "chills" while on this product with an empty stomach. I also had some difficulty sleeping at night if I took K-XR in the evening. I'd suggest giving yourself at least 6 hours of time between sleep and taking this pre-workout to give enough time for it to wear out to avoid any insomnia.

----Conclusion----

I feel like I've thus far reviewed all of VMI Sport's supplement line and I must say that overall I'm impressed with the lineup that they have amassed. K-XR is a powerful stimulant packed pre-workout that is wholly unforgiving to anyone that isn't prepared for its kick. It's affordable for what you get and is priced around what you would expect to pay for the average pre-workout supplement. I think that if you were one of those original gym rats that used to always hit the 2-3 scoop Jack3d pre-workout then this product may be right up your alley!
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Clean Energy
  • Increase Focus
  • Consistent Throughout Workout
  • Some Insomnia Is Taken Too Late
  • No Pump Ingredients
  • Chills
  • Tropical Punch: 5/10
Momo1
TROOPer Level: 59
  February 24, 2017

(Thanks to VMI Sports Nutrition for sending it out!)
What's up SR, I would like to thank VMI Sports and the Trooper program for allowing me to give K-XR a try. As many of us on SR, who are stim junkies, we are always seeking something to kick start our workouts hard and fast; I fall under the stim junkie profile. When K-XR came up for the Troopers to try, I jumped on the opportunity, based on the reviews I have read so far. Did K-XR knock the crap out of me? Come with me and find out

----Ingredient Profile----

Profile, yeah, I know, it is in a proprietary blend; however, with the kind of fire power K-XR has, this is the only time I will not complain too much about not being fully transparent. K-XR is broken down in to 3 different parts:

Intense Pump Blend - which contains 3,300 mg and one of the goodies in this section I love is Beta-alanine; the tinges I get from this were great!

Maximum Energy Blend - which contains 632.5 mg blend, this has a triple stage caffeine profile of Caffeine Citrate, Caffeine Anhydrous, Infinergy, and Di-Caffeine Malate; I would love to know what the exact amount of each of these is!

Focal & Cognitive Enhancing Blend - which is 503 mg, that contains Huperzia Serrata Extract, this acts similar to a nootropic product; helping boost focus and memory.

Taste - I received the Blueberry RAZZ, it was not bad tasting to me, and at least it did not taste like hell!

Mixing - No issues, mixed nicely, and there was no settlement at the bottom of my shaker cup.

Dosing - I took one scoop 20 minutes before hitting the gym; just an FYI, if you take this on the way to the gym and are stuck in traffic, you will want to get out and run, K-XR kicks in very quickly.

----Effectiveness----

Wow, if I could end the effectiveness section of my review with one word it would be "WOW" K-XR kicked my butt when it came to the energy I got from this. In the past, when I have taken any high stim pre-workouts, within the 1st 5 minutes, I would get some nausea or an increase in my heart rate while just standing around. With K-XR I did not get that. I knew I was in for the workout of my life on my initial scoop, that day, I was doing a total body workout and let me say, it lasted almost 3 hours; my wife called me and asked where was I and if I was lost, since I did get home until 10pm.

The focus on K-XR was great, about 15 minutes into my workout, I felt more focus and just having that feeling of seeing through walls! The pumps on K-XR were nice, as always I test a product on their pump claims when I do a couple of sets of 21s; K-XR did not disappoint. On a number of occasions, I stacked a standalone pump product and the pumps were off the wall, great feeling no matter what body part I worked out on that day. Furthermore, I was so surprised that I was not too crazy on this, considering the high stim content of K-XR; I tend to get angry when on any thing with high stim.

Now, just an FYI, for those of you who are stim sensitive, heed the following: "Start with half a serving!" I normally like to experiment with taking a scoop and a half; however, as strong as K-XR is, I did not want to take the chance.

Value - There are 30 servings per tub and you can pick it up for $30.00 on AllStart Health; a dollar a serving is an excellent price for a product as strong as K-XR

Sides - Okay, the only side I had on this was that, if taken too late in the evening, plan non binge watching your favorite TV show; I was up until 3am and I had to get up to go to work at 5am.

----Conclusion----

K-XR is perfect for those of us who crave a high stim products and as I always say, all supplement do not work the same for everyone. In my opinion, K-XR will be one of my top 5 high stim pre-workouts on my list of goodies to stock up when they are on sale. VMI Sports have a good competitive pre-workout on the market and I would recommend to pick a tub up. Again, as an FYI, if you are stim sensitive, start slow and if a half of serving is the magic spot for you, then you have a product that will give you 60 servings!