PRE - Version 2 has been reported as discontinued. See the replacement:

PRE - Version 2 Reviews

By: NutraBio

FORUM TOPICS

PRE - Version 2 is a Pre-Workout manufactured by NutraBio. It is designed to help provide a pre-training advantage by increasing mental focus, muscle performance, endurance and blood flow. This creates an environment optimal for increasing muscle mass and losing body fat.

PRE - Version 2 has been reported as discontinued. See the replacement:

December 6, 2014

Pros:
 Cons:
  • No Dyes
  • Smooth Energy
  • Quality Ingredients
  • Fantastic Profile
    This has been a company that has really gotten my attention as of lately. Not to long ago I just finished taking their Whey protein isolate and really liked it a lot and wanted to give some of their other products a try. Their pre-workout PRE has been a product I have wanted to try for awhile now and finally decided to give it a try. This is a very interesting product that I would recommend you give a try.

Ingredient profile:
    I would like to post everything that is in here but there is just to many things in this to try and list on here. Instead I will just post a link to their website so you can check out the ingredient profile which I highly recommend you do since there is a lot of really good stuff in this. http://www.nutrabio.com/product/pre/

I really like everything they put in here and how well each ingredient is dosed. They really put a lot of good stuff in here that have been proven to work and they do. I really like how they have the ingredients broke down into different complexes. I will list what the different complexes are. There is a Strength, Power & Endurance complex, A Nitric Oxide Pump & Vascularity complex, A Focus Energy & CNS Stimulator, A Electrolyte & Hydration Optimizer, A Creatine Cell Volumizing complex, and Nutrient Absorption Enhancer. It looks like they have pretty much every thing you would need or want in a pre-workout. Another good thing is that they only use top notch ingredients and don't go cheap on what they put in here so you know your getting good high quality ingredients. It's great to see that there is no prop blends in here and they disclose everything and just how much of each ingredients you are getting. I also like there are no fillers, no dyes or no artificial flavors. These are some things I give them big props for doing which is nice.

Value:
    Right now this product line can only be purchased through their website. You get 25 true servings for $39.99. The price does seem to be a little on the high side I think but you do have to take into count what all they put in here and know that each serving is a true one scoop serving and don't need 2 or 3 scoops just to get the right dosage. This part I really like where you will only need 1 scoop instead of 2 or 3 like you would with a lot of other pre-workouts out there. For the most part I am ok with the price since you are getting a lot of really top notch ingredients. I think if other sites could start carrying their products we could get a little cheaper prices which would be nice and I think it would help them out more by letting people know about there products that may not have ever heard of them before.

Taste:
    I wanted to try a flavor that I have not tried in awhile and decided I would go with their grape flavor. I was a bit disappointed in how this flavor was. This had a really strong bitter taste to it and was very tart and sweet which I did not like. Every time I drank this I had to try and slam it but it was not very easy to slam because of how it tasted. It seemed to mix a little on the heavy side and it left a really bad after taste in my mouth. For a grape flavor it was just to bitter and tart for me. By the time I got half way through this container I was really dreading having to drink this. I normally have no problem with grape flavor but this was not the kind of grape I liked. I really wish I would have gotten one of the other flavors instead since I have heard they are good. Just glad the product worked a lot better than it tasted. I know taste is not a big deal but when it leaves a really bad taste in your mouth all the time it's not very enjoyable after awhile.

Mixing/Dosing:
    When mixed it does get real foamy and when you get done drinking it you always get a bunch of foam that settles to the bottom of your shaker cup. I would like to see less foam but I can deal with it. Other than the foam part it seemed to mix fairly well. With this product you only need one scoop. They dose this very nicely where you only need one scoop to get the full dosages of each ingredients. I really like that part of this a lot where you only need one scoop instead of 2 or 3 scoops like you do with a lot of the pre-workouts on the market and then run out of the product a lot quicker. I would like to see them up this to at least 30 servings instead of 25.

This was a product that really performed each and every time I used it. This gave me some really good clean energy that will last for a good length of time. This in no way will make you feel all cracked out and jittery which is nice. I would like to have just a little more on the caffeine but it's not super important. It does have a fair amount of caffeine all ready and I know some people could use just a little more. If your a person who does more high intensity type workouts this product will work great for that. That is mostly the type of workouts I do and this worked great for me. If you workout more so to powerlift this might not be for you but it can still work. This will give you some pretty good metal focus which is always good to have especially if your having not so good a workout. The pumps on this seemed to be pretty decent. I do have trouble at times feeling pumps if I am not working out hard enough. If I am hitting the weights really hard and really pushing myself I can feel the pumps a lot more and this did give me at times some pumps that were pretty intense when I hit the weights a lot harder. They don't skimp at all on the pump ingredients which is really nice. I also noticed my endurance was always a lot better on this. I felt a lot less fatigued in my muscles and was able to push through my workouts a lot harder and was able to workout longer.

Side Effects:
    No side effects I noticed.

Overall:
    What else can I say about this product. This product delivered each and every time I used it. To find a pre-workout with this many different ingredients is pretty hard to find especially when they are top notch ingredients they use. There are so many good things about this product that I really liked. I highly recommend you try this. If you want a pre-workout that will really deliver and has a lot of really top notch ingredients then this is the product to try. There are just so many good things in here that really work. I would love to give this another try sometime but wont be using the grape again. This a company that is very much worth checking out.

May 31, 2014

Pros:
     Cons:
    • No Dyes
    • Smooth Energy
    • Quality Ingredients
    • Fantastic Profile
      Thank you to NutraBio for participating in the ER program, and allowing us to try PRE, as you may have guessed, their Pre workout supplement. As with all the other products that I have tried thus far from NutraBio, no fillers, no excipients, no additives, followed by a full label disclosure. This is what Nutrbio is all about, and is greatly appreciated. Not only is the label fully disclosed, but the profile that they provides is a solid as they come.

Overall: 8

Solid performer for every session that it enhanced. This will not stim you out, or kick you in the teeth to get you started, but it will provide long lasting smooth energy, with no crash. This provides 270mg of caffeine, which may be on the lighter side to some. But the focus and CNS stimulator additions help tremendously, and synergistically work to provide a good start, but even better ending to your training session. Endurance was a key highlight, along with a solid pump, and focus. I do not respond very well to most pump products, but the profile in this worked well for me. The profile is the winner here, and to be discussed further.

Profile: 9.5

Here is a link to the profile. It is too extensive to fit in a review, but well worth the look. Composed of separate complexes such as: Strength, Power and endurance complex. Nitric Oxide, Pump and Vascularity Complex. Focus, energy and CNS stimulator. Creatine Cell volumizing Complex. Electrolyte and hydration optimizer. Followed by a nutrient absorption enhancer... there isn't much room for more. What is most impressive, is that in each of these complexes, the ingredients are top notch, not just generic components.

Effectiveness: 9

Again this delivered time in and time out. Great for long, high intensity sessions. If you arte going to the gym to do three sets of deadlift attempting to break a PR, this may not be for you. But if you are in for high intensity, hour plus sessions, this will be a key in your success. Focus was dead on, pump was solid, and endurance was key. I only experienced one side effect when I first received this product. I took 3/4 of a scoop before a two hour game of hockey, and an hour in, I could barley skate. The pump and tightness in my legs became very intense and I had to slow up a bit. After that, I stuck to pure lifting sessions, and a little cardio, and it never failed me.

Dosing: 10

One true scoop. In a market of Pre workouts that you need 3 scoops to make one true serving, of a prop blend no less, so that you never truly know what you are getting and in what quantities, the full dose one scoop approach is very much appreciated.

Taste: 7

I was given Watermelon to try. The taste was ok, but not fantastic. But as with any Pre, I could care less about the taste, as long as I can get it down. this was easy enough to get down, but I wouldn't be sipping it poolside for pleasure. What I did like, as with all of the other products from Nutrbio that I have tried, no dyes.

Value: 8.5

$35-$39.99 seems to be the going rate. At 25 servings this is a bit high on my scale for a Pre workout, but the value remains for several reasons. First being, it works. Secondly, one true scoop means you get the actual serving amount in the tub, and do not have to divide it in half or a third by using multiple scoops to achieve an effective dose. Lastly, quality. You get what you pay for here. Not only is the profile extremely inclusive, but it composes of high quality, clean ingredients. Once Nutrabio becomes more widely available, and can be retailed through larger online supplement shops, I believe that the price will come down a bit. 25 serving should last you a month, and if the price were to drop to $30, and you could obtain this for that amount for a months supply, the value would be a 10 in my book.

May 18, 2014

Pros:
       Cons:
      • No Dyes
      • Smooth Energy
        Hello members, up for review today is NutraBio Pre. Thanks to the company for supplying some ERs this product.

Ingredients 9.5 This is an extremely solid profile, all of the ingredients are well dosed and includes a lot of extras. This is definitely a kitchen sink approach and puts everything in it you can think of. But the best aspect is no proprietary blends. Highlights of the ingredient listing is for each scoop:

Creatine hcl and mangapower- 2.5g
        Beta alanine-2.2g
        Cit malate - 4g
        Agmapure - 500mg
        Betaine - 1.5g
        And a great stims/CNS profile.

No fillers, no dyes, no artificial flavors. Simply a great profieo

Dosing: One scoop will deliver the serving of ingredients. 25 total servings. Simple

Effectiveness 9: This provides a smooth consistent dose of energy. It isn't the strongest and doesn't knock you over, but it is prolonged and smooth. My kind of energy (not cracked out). In terms of performance, the ingredients such as beta alanine and others assist in delaying fatigue and is on par with other similar dosed pre workouts.

Now for the pump, with many companies micro dosing pre workouts, this is a welcome change. You get 3 primary pump/vaso ingredients. First a healthy dose of citrulline malate, next an effective dose of agmapure and lastly the old standby AAKG. And it performed. One of the best pumps in no pre I have ever observed.

Taste 8: lemon lime, I thought it tasted great and smooth a bit watered down. But no dyes or artificial. Great.

Value 8.5: At only $35 plus shipping, it is priced slightly higher than some pre workouts but you need to factor you are actually getting 25 servings and will not need more than 1 scoop.

Conclusion 9: Nutra bio has delivered a great, effectively dosed product. Provides pump, performance and energy. It is priced fairly and free of fillers, additives and dyes. Check it out.