Overall Score:   How is this Calculated?

9.2

Ranks #1 of 234 (better than 100%) in

Pre Jym is a Pre-Workout manufactured by Jym. It is designed to help provide a pre-training advantage by increasing mental focus, muscle performance, endurance and blood flow. This creates an environment optimal for increasing muscle mass and losing body fat.
ARTICLES (3)
COMPARE SIMILAR

achandler88
  November 12, 2016

----Introduction----
I found out about SR through google and often use this site to research supplements that I am interested in purchasing. Since I have had decent success in using this site to make educated purchases I figured that I could help others with my vast supplement experience. I am looking to improve body composition(constantly), by getting bigger, stronger, and leaner...pretty much what we all want.

----Ingredient Profile----
The ingredients in Pre Jym are fully disclosed and are as follows:
Creatine HCL: 2g
L-Tyrosine: 1.5g
Caffeine: 300 mg
Huperzine A: 50mcg
BioPerine: 5mg
So as you can see this Preworkout is pretty loaded to create a complete pre workout for the consumer. The formula includes 5g of BCAA along with a full clinical dose of Citrulline Malate to fuel your muscles along with power, plenty of focus and solid energy to go with it.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
The taste of the black cherry prejym flavor was good, I would give it a 8/10. It mixes well with 16oz of water despite that being the minimum recommended amount of water listed on the bottle. With full clinical dosing on most of the ingredients, the formula falls a little short by offering only 1.5g of betaine instead of 2.5. As a consumer I don't like being forced to by a matching post workout if a company is claiming "full clinical dosing."

----Effectiveness----
I give the effectiveness an 8/10 this Pre provides a complete workout experience but doesn't do much in the stimulation department. I workout at 5:30am in the morning and many times prefer a Pre that can wake me up. I am by no means a stim junkie but the energy from Pre Jym isn't one I can really feel, it more or less just "happens" during the workout however the performance is where this really shines. The performance from Pre Jym is best found when moving heavy weight around in the 6-12 rep range. You can push heavier, recover quicker between sets, and it keeps your endurance going during the set. The pump factor isn't the best but it is still present. High rep workouts take a few sets but after those few sets your muscles will be pumped and full.

----Value----
This product is priced competitively, at about $36 plus tax at GNC you will pay about the same that you would pay online except you don't have to wait for it, and you can avoid unnecessary shipping costs. Overall you get plenty of proven ingredients for not much more than what you would pay for a 6.5g proprietary blend formula.

None that I noticed.

----Conclusion----
Overall I would easily recommend PreJym to anyone looking for a complete workout. It covers all of the bases and then some, when it comes to sports supplementation. This is also backed by the man himself, Jim Stoppani, who has provided many with countless workout plans as well as his vast knowledge on exercise science.
 Pros:
 Cons:
    • Provides Energy But No Boost Effect
    • Black cherry: 8/10
    Italy48
      July 1, 2016

----Introduction----
    I was looking for a pre-workout that had no proprietary blends, would provide me with good focus and had a dose of creatine and amino acids. I was not too concerned with getting the tingles from the Beta-Alanine, if I got them great, if not it would not be a huge loss. I knew this was not cheap going into it but I figured the reviews were pretty darn good and wanted to get in on the action and find out what all the positive reviews were about.

----Ingredient Profile----
    This is pretty self explainable when looking at the product label. No prop blends so it is not hard to figure out. You have your different forms of amino acids (essential and non-essential), a touch of caffeine, NO Booster (which I wish there was more of), Beta-Alanine and focus/cognition ingredients. I would like to see 8 grams of Citrulline Malate even though the 6 grams is more than most pre-workouts. With the price tag this comes with I would also prefer a higher dose of BCAA's while maintaining the 2:1:1 ratio. The amount of caffeine (300mg) is also higher than most other PWO's. The other reviews below cover this much more in depth so no need for me to waste your time.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
    Mixed well. No complaints using a shaker cup. Dosing was also easy....one scoop 30-45 minutes before your workout. Taste is not bad at all. I had the Cherry Limeade flavor. I advise mixing it with at least the recommended 14 oz of water and possibly 16 oz of water. It can be very tart with even the 14 oz and anything else will make your face pucker like a fish and possibly cause your eyes to cross. Believe me, it was 25 seconds of pure hell. Follow the instructions. I got what I deserved for trying to cut corners and rushing.

----Effectiveness----
    This product did what it is supposed to do based on the claims it makes and the ingredient list. As soon as I felt it kick in I had a focus like no other product gave me. If you are looking for sharp focus this product does it. I did notice that I was able to push myself a bit further than what previous PWO's did. I wanted to attack the weights instead of just go through the routine. You could feel the Beta-Alanine kick in during the harder reps and towards the end of the sets. I also improved on my overload sets. Can I base that improvement only on the PWO? I am not sure but it sure as heck seemed like I was pushing myself further than before. I would prefer more of a pump from this product. I did not feel my heart racing as I have done in the past with other products.

----Value----
    Pricey. It is not cheap and you cannot comparison shop for this product. I have only found it on Bodybuilding.com. I would recommend waiting until bodybuilding.com has one of their sales or discounts before buying this product unless you feel the you cant wait and want to try it now.

None for me.

----Conclusion----
    I will sum it up like this, No prop blends which says a lot in my opinion. I like the fact that you know exactly what your getting and how much of each ingredient you are getting. It delivers on focus and energy although I would like a better pump from this product for the price I paid. If you have tried other PWO's before and have not been satisfied I would recommend giving this product a try. I am going to try another PWO beginning tomorrow that is a little bit cheaper and see how it compares now knowing how Pre Jym works for me. This is the bar of PWO's for myself so far.
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • No Proprietary Blend
    • Costly
    kalans

December 21, 2015

Verified Full-Container Use through SR TROOPs.
    (SR paid for product; Jym did not participate)
    Introduction/Supplement Facts
    In this day and age the people have demanded an open ingredient profile, and fortunately many companies have complied and gone to open disclosure. This has changed the name of the game for myself, as not only did we know what we were getting but also what we should be getting. Jim Stoppani was not the first to originate Full Label Transparency, but he brought it into the limelight making others follow suit. If you have followed my MP Wreckage Review and the other products from the Black Line you should be well aware of the copy and pasting MP (and others) has done from the Jym Supplements Line. Well it was for good reason, as Jim provided a fairly full dosed Pre-Workout that is indeed effective.

Pre Jym Enter.. You can find the formula below in the image, and you can find EVERYTHING you would ever want to know about Pre Jym and the science behind it in the link below. What I don't like about this formulation is that you aren't going to hit the most effective dosages UNLESS you combine his Pre and Post Jym, in regards to Creatine HCl + Betaine + Beta Alanine. He will claim that it doesn't matter on when you take the Beta Alanine or the Creatine, and he does state the Betaine is best taken Pre & Post but like many we have seen this not be an issue if taken within 24 hours. Many people like the Beta Alanine rush/tingles with their Pre-Workout, and it is present here but the full clinical dosage is delivered between Pre and Post Jym sadly. Creatine is one of those things that work fine either way, but is more effective (absorbency) when taken Post for most people.

Here is my deal, this label does work, but has many shortcomings and isn't AS comparable as SOME products in the market in price and results. What would I change? The fact that the "Good Doctor" wants you to follow him blindly just as any Doctor out there, but for me I want more and especially for the price this is listed: Give me 2g more Citrulline Malate (because 8g is better, yet is difficult to stomach for some), Give me ALL the Creatine + Betaine + Beta Alanine that I should be getting (no I don't want to pay for Pre + Post Jym), Taurine is SO cheap and we have 1g which is fine but I could go with 1g more or none at all, AlphaSize/Alpha-Glyceryl needs double the dosage, NALC is nothing compared to NALT in my experience, 50mg more Caffeine please, Huperzine A at 50mcg is not even close where it needs to be (200mcg). He is known for being the "Good Doctor" but if that was the case, why does he have Dyes included? It isn't a small amount either, check the image below..

Taste/Dosing/Mixing
    Well this is the area Jim hit well, taste is VERY STRONG which for me was Cherry Limeade. It wasn't as tasty like a sonic drink, but it was pretty dang close! Dosing was simple here, 30-45 minutes Pre-Workout I took this at 1 scoop which was solid and 1.25-1.5 scoops later in testing effectiveness. Mixability was fine, doesn't bother me as nothing is left over after drinking it. 16 ounces of water is recommended IMO because the flavor is very strong.

Effectiveness 8.5
    I am impressed with this Pre-Workout as it did deliver, and each time it was delivered just as strong. I only ran this product solo without the Post Jym because I wasn't able to claim it, nor was I willing to put up the money for it and once more I disagree that I have to run two products to accomplish what one could have done. The Strength/Power Endurance aspect was good, but it wasn't near what I have experienced with other products. Pump/Vascularity & Energy was good as well, but ever since I have been using 8g Citrulline Malate over just running 6g I see just how much more effective it is having the extra 2g! Many people will not realize at first that any BCAA's consumed Pre-Workout will mostly get used for energy, but it is utilized as an Anabolic as well protecting those muscles which was a great spike of energy Pre-Workout and was solid! The Focus aspect of this Pre-Workout wasn't anywhere powerful, but did deliver. I have been testing a similar ingredient PWO, and they included NALT at a solid dosage with the changes remarked above in ingredients and the effectiveness on Focus is MORE amplified than this.

Value 7.8
    This product runs at two different serving sizes currently and at two different price points; 20 servings for $35.57 coming at $1.78 a serving, or 30 servings for $47.97 $1.60 which is obviously the better priced of the two. I would say that this product should be priced under $1.50 per serving for sure, and while it is "getting what you pay for" it does come it as "deserving more for this price".

Overall 8.1
    I am impressed with Jym that it was in fact effective as many have pushed and claimed it to be, but I feel the more "Fan Boy" you are the more blindly led you are which results in you missing out on many other opportunities for equal or better products. This product was formulated back when Proprietary Blends Plagued the market around 2011 (IIRC), which means it is a few years old and since then more comparable products have been put on the market which are more powerful and better value now than Pre Jym. I would definitely put this on the "need to try" section of your list, but it isn't something that I would purchase first but more like 4th or 5th.. Simply put "It did deliver just as strong each and every time, but left me wishing for a little bit more"
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • No Proprietary Blend
    • Good StrengthPower Endurance
    • Very Tasty
    • Quality Ingredients
    • Costly
    • Not As Effective As Others On The Market
    • Focus Ingredients Leaves You Wanting More
    • Underdosed In Many Areas
    • The Good Doctor Poisons You With Dyes
    lava135

December 16, 2015

Verified Full-Container Use through SR TROOPs.
    (SR paid for product; Jym did not participate)
    ----Introduction----
    PWO products are without a doubt one of the most popular, and perhaps easiest, supplements to review. Why? Because we judge them primarily on their ergogenic effect and how they make us feel, now. And PreJym made me feel great. It tasted great, supported great training sessions and had no crash. Really it's that simple. I judge a pwo on how it supports my workouts, nothing more, nothing less. And this fits the bill. There is zero chance you will be disap[pointed with this so just go try it already. Seriously, the rest of this review should be like the teacher talking on Charlie Brown: wah, wah, wah wah... In fact, why are you still reading?

ok, so you're a glutton for punishment or just have too much time on your hands so I'll share the rest...

----Ingredient Profile----
    Loving the full disclosure of such a robust formula. It's not coincidental that full disclosure is also present with my 2 others favs: Citadel Nutrition Tier 1 and Muscle Feast Pumped Raw.

I like what I see: 2g creatine HCL, 2g beta alinine (light), 1.5g betaine, 1 g taurine, 600mg NAC, 300mg Alpha GPC, 6 g cit mal (nice!), 500mg beet root, 6g BCAA(2:1:1), 1.5g tyrosine, 300mg caffeine, 50mcg huperzine, 5mg Bioperine.

The beta is light, so no tingles for me, but that's not a big deal. I really like the t6g cit mal and things like beta alanine and betaine and creatine are staples for me. The Alpha GPC is at the lower end of the acceptable scale but still I believe it's influence is felt. The BCAAs are nice and all around it's hard to find a more well balanced pwo formula.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
    I had the orange mango and it's flavor is very nice - perhaps a bit on the tart side, but very drinkable. I got a good bit of foam and I highly recommend this be either first diluted in warm water or mixed a shaker cup for full dispersion. Of course, shaker=foam.

I found that 1 heavy scoop was the ticket for me.

----Effectiveness----
    Quite simply this is extremely well balanced and effective. I did not jump out of my skin or howl at the moon or experience skin splitting pumps. But I did find a perfect blend of energy with no crash or jitters and focus. Endurance was never a factor and I maintained power throughout my sets. Seriously balanced training support that let me hit on all cylinders start to finish. What more do you need?

It's interesting that in the marketing materials JS compares PreJym to a formula that only contains beta-alanine, caffeine, creatine and tyrosine, which is the exact formula for Tier 1. He claims that it could be made a lot more effective with the ingredients that PreJym adds. I'd probably disagree with that claim; I find both to be effective in supporting my training goals at 0530 every morning. Perhaps it's more to the fact that view training pre, intra and post, but for me, this is a shade of grey that simply didn't apply. Perhaps for someone that only uses a single product, a pwo, it might be more applicable and PrJym would get the nod.

----Value----
    ok, so this is a bit more pricey than the average pwo product but really, that's not even close to a deal breaker. Yes, it's 20 servings for $36 or 30 servings for $48 which comes out to between $1.60 and $1.80 per serving. And yes, at $1.80 I might be more inclined to cringe a bit since that's twice the price of the other top two products, but it is a worthy addition so in the broader scope of things the added money is trivial; I choose to go with what works.

----Conclusion----
    The rating system at SR has changed to an Olympic style system since I reviewed Tier 1 and Pumped Raw but I would consider all three of these my top 3 pwo choices and an equally worthy choice regardless of differences in ratings. You simply cannot go wrong purchasing this. Is it the second coming of Jesus like some other reviews have stated, well, no. But is it far superior to most of the other drek out there - absolutely!

You didn't actually read this whole review did you? I thought I told you to go buy it, damnit.
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • No Proprietary Blend
    • Solid Foundation
    • Solid Ingredients
    • No BS
      Rome1310
        November 9, 2015

----Introduction----

(Background info on yourself, diet, experience, goals, first thoughts on the product and how you discovered SR)
      I've been working out consistently for about 15 years and have been a supplement junkie for the most of them. With the last few years being pre-workout heavy I have tried more then I can remember in hopes to land the holy grail. PreJym has got to be one of the top couple in the industry. I can't say it's truly number 1 as supplements such as PRE from Nutrabio is very solid, Kaged, and a couple of the others that aren't as popular but still do the job.

----Ingredient Profile----
      With PreJym, you are paying a hefty price, mid 30's for 20 servings but if you break it down, it's about as spot on as your going to get. 1.5 grams of Betain...which I have upped it to 2.5 and take 1.5 after, the hcl coming in at 2g is about the norm, the beta alanine at 2 could be higher but you feel the tingle, the BCAA's are a perfect mix for energy and of course the caffeine, bioperine etc. are about standard with the more top tier PW.

(Your thoughts on the ingredients/label of the product)

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
      As far as taste goes it's pretty good. It's a tad tart so I actually prefer about 20 ounces of water. I don't slam it, I take it down over a 10 minute sitting so I'm getting proper absorption.

----Effectiveness----

This is where it shines. Really quick, when I say I've taken pre-workouts I've taken pre-workouts....and this one is one of the best that's ever been made. PreJym does what it says it's going to do, give you explosive workouts, good pumps, mental focus, energy and the desire to do it all over again. However...yes there is a however....PreJym doesn't give me skin splitting pumps, but by the label I kinda see that, nor does it give me the extra reps or strength you would get from say a Bullnox or Wreckage, but it isn't a pre-workout test booster likes those either. So is it still one of the best...absolutely. I would rather take something that is better then average across the board then just have something that promotes one ingredient...FEEL Me? It's good!!

----Value----

This is where some people get scared. For the price of a one month gym rental you get a bottle of your favorite PW ($36/20 servings.) Is that to much for you to handle? Maybe, maybe not...if you are serious about performance spend the money. Bodybuilding.com will give out 10% off coupons here and there or I think it's went on sale one time for a BOGO half off so load up when that happens because you get what you pay for. Don't be suckered by the cheaper BOGO's that are always on the front page as you need two scoops of those just to compete and then your getting 700mg of caffeine and are spinning like your on the tiltawhirl at the summer carnival.

----Side Effects----

If you are new to PW's then do not take a full scoop. This isn't an entry level PW. It will make you nauseas, that is what it is. So build up to the full scoop.

----Conclusion----

Overall, this is the cream of the crop. I love this stuff, it's great, my workouts are always on point, it's definitely a game changer. If you are looking for one of the most well balanced formulas this is your sup!
       Pros:
       Cons:
      • No Proprietary Blend
      • Value
      texasmade89
        June 5, 2015

I was extremely happy to see a product with no proprietary blend that was formulated by a PHD in exercise science. I have tried all of the big name pre-workouts, ECA stack, just to give you an idea of my PWO history. I was doing a lot of cardio while using this product, and it put me right where I needed to be. I have been doing MMA training with a side of boxing and long runs; this PWO fits in this regimen like peanut butter fits with jelly. The taste isn’t the best so I mixed it with sprite zero (Like a Sonic Cherry Limeade) and it wasn’t so bad. 20 servings for $35, a little pricey but it is worth it (for sure).

Effectiveness: Before taking this my cardio workouts were 45-60 an hour of hard work. With this I was able to make those workouts 90-120 minutes; could have gone longer but didn’t want to go catabolic/had to go take care of daughter. The feeling is smooth, kind of like how a margarita hits you. You drink the serving, start working out, then it’s like “Wow there, here we go.” The endurance is straight up awesome; I love hitting the wave master punching bag and seeing sweat thrown with every punch. I was focused; people noticed (girls and dudes). I will be sticking with this; glad I was able to find something that provided what I needed without a hefty dose of stimulants. I did not feel a significant crash with this, you can definitely feel when the effects taper off but nothing that's going to make you feel like crap.

Taste/Mixability: Taste was okay not bad enough to be a deal breaker. Product mixed easy within a minute of using a shaker bottle. Pour up that sprite and you got the red "drank" of pre-workouts.

Value: Considering its efficacy, it’s worth the price. Vascularity, endurance, focus, pumps, a ton of energy; it’s all there. Not to mention it has many of the components scientifically proven to build muscle. It has 6 grams of BCAA’s which I truly believe in. I didn’t have to use as much of my other BCAA supplement due to this. It takes care of business with only caffeine (300 mg) and huperzine (50mcg) being the only stimulants. He (Jim Stoppani) added Bioperine to increase the absorption and assimilation of the other ingredients, pretty cool.

Overall I would recommend this; it’s money well spent. Even after a day of work (hard labor) and taking care of a 3 year old, I could go to the gym and take care of business. Come home, 3 ZMA caps, no trouble sleeping. I let a few buddies at the gym try this and it made believers out of them with one scoop. If there’s anything you remember from this review, let it be this; you won’t need more than one scoop!
       Pros:
       Cons:
      • No Proprietary Blend
      abailey108
        April 2, 2015

Hey guys. Been a while since I put a review up but this product full on inspired me to do so. I’m going to be somewhat brief since Irondude really nailed it with his review. I lifted 6 on 1 off while using this product with 1-2 miles treadmill after each workout.

=== Ingredients === 10/10

The big things here are no prop blend, and a full dosing of everything you probably want in your PWO, all in one scoop. Irondude did an awesome job breaking down each individual ingredient so I won’t get into them all. I gather that Mr. Stopanni knows what he is doing, because he isn’t scared to let you know that this is the product you want in his description of it.

=== Dosing ===

I always just did the one scoop because its truly all you need. I am a stim junkie so I was psyched to see 300mg of caffeine in each serving. I like to call that my sweet spot. One scoop and you’re off to the races.

=== Taste/Mixibility === 10/10
      This stuff mixed quick and easy so no issues there. I tried the cherry limeaid flavor. It definitely tastes pretty good but it is a potent flavor so make sure you mix it with a good amount of water, like at least 16ozs. I usually mixed it with 20. My only gripe with the flavor is that I got a little tired of it for some reason about halfway through the tub, but whatever that’s just personal preference so I’m not knocking any points off for it.

=== Effectiveness === 9/10

This stuff is pretty unbelievable I have to say. As a stim junkie and someone who has tried lots of PWOs, and lots of scoops at once of most of those PWOs, this stuff was just amazing in its one scoop form. About 20 minutes after taking it, my motivation and focus in the gym was literally through the roof. And without any jitters or a racing heart. I felt as strong as ever and just wanted to keep going. Several times I hit 2 hours in the weight room and could have kept going. That’s not totally normal for me. It also got me sweating real nice, but I’m not sure if that was a total effect of the product or the fact that it was just making me work out like a beast. I was doing supersets nonstop and was loving every minute of it. But when I say I was loving it, I mean I was really just enjoying myself. It didn’t give me that fake, euphoric type of feeling. It was like I just had that extra motivation. Pump wasn’t quite as much as some products, but it was definitely still there. Vascularity was increased for sure. My only reason for the 9 is that there were a few times I suffered some minor crashing effects after my workout. But luckily they never happened during it so not too big a deal.

=== Value === 10/10

At first glance, this product might not seem like the greatest value out there, but when you stop and think for a sec, it actually is. You’re getting full doses of everything you want in one scoop, and you get 20 workouts worth, for around $30. Compared to most other products that you end up doing more than 1 scoop of, the price per serving here ends up being a pretty good bargain. On top of that, the product actually does what we all want a PWO to do. If you have shopped at BB.com before or sign up for their newsletter, you will almost always have a 10% off coupon sitting somewhere in your mailbox. Make sure to search for it before you make your order.
      === Overall/C 10/10

I’m going with a straight 10 here. Love this product. I unfortunately ran out the other day and forgot to order more, so I panicked and went to Vitamin Shoppe and got some ON Gold Standard PWO since it was on sale. Not even close to Pre-Jym. Can’t wait to just get done with it so I can order some more of this stuff. I combined it with the Jym post workout matrix and I have definitely seen good results. I’ll obviously review that separately though. Thanks for reading boys and girls. Go give this stuff a try.
       Pros:
       Cons:
      • No Proprietary Blend
      • Focus
      • Energy
      • Slight Post-workout Crash
      RoyceRunning
        January 10, 2015

What's up everyone? I've been following SupplementReviews.com for years but never joined up or wrote a review, so this is my first. I'm what I consider a pretty "average" guy, and I've always been a little intimidated by the pros on this site. I workout consistently 3-4 times per week to stay in shape but have never paid too much attention to what's in supplements until recently. I was more of the type of person that, if it worked and it worked well, I would keep using it until the effectiveness started to wear off. I'm pretty experienced in pre-workouts so I think I'll stick to these for the time-being. Please feel free to give me pointers and suggestions on what to include or omit in future reviews. Thanks guys, go easy on me.

----Ingredient Profile---- = 9/10
      Again, I'm a beginner with analyzing ingredients but I'll do my best here. Pre-JYM has a very transparent ingredient summary which I absolutely love. Nothing worse than seeing "Proprietary Blend = 800mg" on the side of a container and not knowing what you're putting into your body. 2g of Creatine which is a nice amount because it gives you some pop, but you can still take a separate pure creatine supp. Appropriate amount of Beta Alanine at 2g, gives you the tingles but not to the point where you're ripping your skin off. Other than that, I really can't speak on much of the specifics, however all of the ingredients seem to be in really good balance. I would say the Caffeine is a little higher than I would like at 300mg, but still not unheard of.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing---- = 9/10
      Cherry Limeade - Awesome taste in my opinion. I can see how a lot of people might not like it because it's very potent, but for me, it feels like I'm drinking delicious battery acid that gets me jacked to work out! Mixability is very good: throw it in a shaker with some water and there's no chunking and it mixes very smoothly. When it comes to dosing, I prefer a supplement that provides us with a "real" serving of what a person who works out regularly would take. I don't like supplements that have the serving as 1 scoop, but then you build up to taking 3 scoops before a workout, because then you are losing your value. However, Pre-JYM nails it with this and has athletes begin with half a scoop and build up to the serving size of 1 scoop. And 1 scoop is a legit serving with this pre.

----Effectiveness---- = 9/10
      Hands down the best pre-workout I've had since Craze (but we all know what happened to Craze). I've tried Pulse, Jack3d Micro, and Game Day recently, but Pre-JYM is the clear frontrunner. Pre-JYM, for me, is more of a stimulant/focus-based preworkout, as opposed to a "pump" preworkout. I take 1 scoop, allow it to simmer for about 30 minutes then jump right into my workout. You'll feel the buzz for a solid 1.5 hours, and if you keep pushing you can easily get through 2 hours of pushing serious weight. Like it states on the side of the container, do NOT take this product and try to go to sleep soon after. I've taken a scoop, then put in a hefty 2-hour lift, then rolled around in bed for 3 or 4 hours. I don't consider this a downside though, because that is exactly what it is supposed to do.

Pump is decent as well but clearly not the focus based on the ingredient profile. Pre-JYM will make you focused like no other, through 4 solid sets of every lift.

----Value---- = 7.5/10
      With Pre-JYM you essentially get what you pay for. You get the expertise of Jim Stoppani, you get a transparent label, and you get a magnificent preworkout. It's only available on Bodybuilding.com for $35/tub, which is 20 servings at $1.75/scoop. So if you go hard and fast for a month this won't quite last the entire month, but you'll be guaranteed some gains. If I have a good month at work I'll splurge on some Pre-JYM when I can, but on tighter months I may have to switch to something more affordable.

----Side Effects---- = 10/10
      No side effects for me at all, except the alertness and awake factor. Do NOT take within 4 hours of trying to sleep (the label states 6 hours). No problem with bowel movements, no jitters, and no irritability. I did take this once and was not able to workout, which I do not recommend hahaha I was seriously wired for about 4 hours!

----Conclusion----
      Pre-JYM is a world class pre-workout I'd recommend for all levels of athletes. It's a true 1-scoop pre that does the job and can easily push you to new highs and to deepen your limits. If you're a beginner, start with half a scoop and work your way up to a full one. Jim Stoppani is one of the most knowledgeable and professional people in the industry and he's just set the standard in pre-workouts.
       Pros:
       Cons:
      • No Proprietary Blend
      • Value
      trey-carmine
        December 9, 2014

Ingredient Profile 10/10

This is where the product is miles ahead of its competition. Every ingredient is transparently dosed and scientifically backed by reputable studies. No studies done by the supplement brand which will not always be 100% honest. It has everything you could want in a preworkout, stimulants, no boosters, focus, energy, strength and even a little protein synthesis help with the BCAA'S

Taste 8/10
      Cherry limeade is my go to, raspberry lemonade I could do without..

Mixability 10/10
      No issue with mixability, shake for 30 sec and you're good. I do suggest you let it sit for a couple minutes before consuming and shake within your sips.

Dosing 9/10
      20 servings for the price is a little steep. If you workout 4 days a week this will last you a month, not bad. There's certainly a lot of powder to each serving and it's a big scoop and honestly makes many 5g preworkouts look and feel like a joke. Once scoop about 15 minutes prior to workout and I was good to go.

Effectiveness 10/10
      Clean, not jittery, perfect tingle from the BA, no crash after. Creatine HCL definitely sits well with my GI tract also

Value 8/10

If you priced every ingredient individually it would cost you more. However I feel it could be priced better and open to other vendors beside BB.com to drive better competition. Which of course result in the consumer being the winner. Jym is a premium brand so you can except to pay the premium price. I would like to see a 30 serving offered as well.

Side Effects 10/10
      No side effects to speak of for me

Conclusion
      This is my top choice for preworkout period. You can't beat it for the ingrediant profile alone and the fact there's no "secret formula matrix." In my opinion Pre Jym sets the standards and other supplement companies should follow. The limited availability, 20 serving tub, and cost are the only slight negatives about this preworkout.
       Pros:
       Cons:
      • No Proprietary Blend
      • Servings Per Tub
      irondude
        March 24, 2014

Hello SR, just dropping my review of PJ. A great pw but not for the stimulant junkie.

Profile 10/10

Best profile of a supplement that I had ever seen. No proprietary ingredients and the best of all full doses at one scoop. Best utilization of the scooper !!! ( scooper ® all right reserve to BrooklynBuff, used with out authorization!!!)

6g Citrulline= promotes better muscle endurance and muscle pumps.

6g BCAA= used directly by the muscles as an energy source, boosting muscle performance.

2g Creatyine HCL= adding the hydrochloride (HCL) group lowers the pH of creatine, making it more acidic. This drastically increases its solubility in fluids, which increases absorption of the creatine and prevents any stomach issues.

2g Beta Alanine= improves endurance and recovery.
      500mg Beet= exercise endurance, greater power output, and less fatigue.

1.5g Betaine= increase nitric oxide (NO) levels and regulate cellular fluid volume, which could further promote muscle pumps and overall muscle size.

150mg Alpha GPC= drive, focus, and strength in the gym.

600mg NAC= powerful fatigue fighter that promotes energy production during exercise.

50mcg Huperzine A= increase mental focus and establish a stronger mind-muscle connection.

300mg Caffeine= boost alertness and drive, increase muscle strength and endurance, during workouts for greater training intensity.

1.5g Tyrosine= increases alertness, mental focus, mood, and energy during intense exercise, especially when combined with caffeine.

1g Taurine= is a specialized amino acid that is important for endurance and muscle strength.

Effectiveness 10/10
      You are going to enjoy this from day one, the increase in endurance was so great that in multiples times I add a new set or another exercise to the worked muscle group. Ex on chest day adding another set of bench press or some cable crossover or add more minutes to the treadmill. Don't expect that crazy rush of energy because you will not found it here, in the other you're going to have all the performance benefits like strength, endurance, drive and mental focus. On the pump side the 6g of citrulline will gives you road map veins, specially in your arms. The best thing about this is that there's not underdosed ingredients here, this is a true one scoop pre workout.

Taste & Mixability 8/10
      Don't know why they came with this two flavors Cherry Limeade and Raspberry lemonade they are not popular flavors. They not taste bad but they're best tasting flavors like strawberry or watermelon. On the mixability you need to let the pw on the shaker for a couples of minutes and sip it on your way to the gym to avoid settlement at the bottom, I think this is because of the BCAA and all the others ingredients but at least there's no bathroom issues with this one.

Value 9/10
      Well the value of this will depends how you look at it. First there's 13 ingredients at full clinical dose with only one scoop, not like others pre workouts that you will need to work your way up to 3 scoops. One example Pro Mera Con Crete will cost you around 29.99 for 48 servings at 750mg per scoop. Make at least 2 scoops for 1.5g of Creatine HCL ( PJ is 2g ) that will bring down the servings to 22 and your not getting the 2g of HCL. Cellucor C4 around 26.99 for 30servings and only 1.5g of citrulline and 135mg of caffeine per scoop. Make it 2 scoops that's only 3g of citruline and 270mg of caffeine and it will be only 15 servings. PJ is only around 41sh with S&H for 20 servings. I think there's not value on a pw with 30, 40 or 50 servings and need to take 2 or 3 scoops to have a decent results and not even having half of the ingredients that you will find at PJ. That I mention full label disclosure and full clinical doses of all ingredients?!. The only down side is only available at bb.com, for now.

Bottom Line
      I think this is one if not the best pre workout that I have ever try. I don't like pw with heavy stimulants, I like a clean energy with improve concentration. Know how much of what I'm taking. I haven't experience an endurance like the one from PJ. That is a little pricy for 20 servings yes but if you do the math is not that expensive. They need to work on the flavors maybe RCSS can teach them about flavor improvement !. This is something that any athlete can take with out worries about banned ingredients, if you are new to pw or a veteran in pw you are going to enjoy the endurance. Why go with 1 more rep when you can go with one more set.
       Pros:
       Cons:
      • No Proprietary Blend