Omega Jym Reviews

By: Jym

Omega Jym is an Essential Fatty Acid manufactured by Jym. It contains fats that must be obtained through diet. They serve a wide array of critical roles including cardiovascular, mental and joint health.

May 7, 2017

• Fishy Burps Possible

I am a 37 year old who lifts 5-6 days a week. Fish Oil is known to us in the Military as the Miracle Pill, since it is said it does so much for you! Most of this is not proven, but effects are best seen with long term use. Fish Oil can aid with things like Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBI) to better memory, to high blood pressure etc.. It does a whole lot!! Omega Jym is one of the most high quality and very effective Omega 3's I have taken in the years.

Omega Jym breaks down the Omega 3's in the following way: 750mg DHA, 750mg EPA, and 150mg DPA per serving (2 pills), and you should take it twice a day giving you a daily total of 1500mg DHA/EPA and 300mg DPA. It is said that you should aim for at least 500mg per serving of EPA/DHA with the goal of gatting 1,000 - 2,000mg of EPA/DHA daily. This pill does that perfectly giving you the nice daily totals for maximum effect. One thing to note is, like all other Jym products I have taken, this product spells out the amounts and types of Omega 3's in the pills instead of saying what i typically see of OTHER Omega-3 Fatty Acids listed. Nice transparency! I am currently taking Intelligent Labs Ultra Pure Omega-3, which only gives you 816mg DHA, 1224mg EPA, and OTHER Omega-3 Fatty Acids of 210mg per day. Realistically, after this comparison, I will likely go back to Omega Jym after this, I just wanted to try the #1 Fish Oil on the site to see what all the hooplah is about.

This is probably my only complaint of the product, and its just a personal preference. I HATE taking pills more than once a day, I have a hard time remembering to take it during lunch or dinner, while I never forget in the morning. The directions are take two soft gels twice daily with meals. While its no big deal for most people, I like to take my pills once a day in the morning. If you have better habits than me and have no issue with taking pills twice a day, then this is not even an issue!

It is hard to judge the effectiveness of Fish Oil, because the effects are so long term and subtle. Omega Jym claims to aid in Health, Brain Power, and Circulatory Support. What I can say, is i felt great while taking this and was not sick or anything weird. So I cannot say for a fact that it aided in any of this, but I did see my blood pressure drop slightly, and my memory did not get any worse. I have had 6 x TBIs int he last 18 years, so I take this pill very serious, and I did not see any degradation. I have found that if I do not take Fish Oil I do start to forget words here and there rarely, and my short term memory sucks! One thing I did notice, and its hard to say if its because of this or my Multivitamin (Orange Triad) is no Joint Pain. I have a bad left shoulder and bad left ankle, that always tend to hurt after lifting for a few weeks. The 30 days of taking this, i had NO joint pain, which was awesome for me. Since I have switched Fish Oil pills, my shoulder and ankle are starting to ache again, so this proves that the Fish Oil had a lot to do with it!

I got this as part of a stack on bodybuilding.com for $18.13 for a 30 days supply, which comes out to 60 cents a day, or 30 cents per serving. For the transparency and high quality of Omega 3's per serving, I say this is an awesome deal. For the most part Jym products are reasonably priced, and they all come with such quality, you truly get what you pay for at a minimum, and you really get a bang for your buck!

Side Effects

The one thing i noticed is if I took this after I ate breakfast or Dinner, I would have those unfortunate Fish Taste Burps. I found if I took it before I ate I would not have those burps. So that is the easy fix!

Conclusion

Fish Oil aka the Miracle Pill, is very important for anyone and everyone no matter what you do in life. Omega Jym gives you high quality and the perfect amounts of Omega 3's you need for maximum effect daily. While this pill may not be perfect (have to take it twice a day, fish burps are possible) it really is a great deal and shows you all the ingredients in each serving. End of the day, I will be moving back to this pill in the near future, and while effectiveness is tough to judge, this will give you the long term effects you want/desire from Fish Oil. This is a Must Buy and Must Try for anyone out there!

Overall
(SR paid for product; Jym did not participate)
  December 28, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Effective
  • Helps With Joint Pain
  • Helps With Focus
  • No Fishy Burps
    Thanks SR.com for giving people like me the chance to try a product like this and provide a real review. For those of you who aren't aware this product WAS NOT supplied by a third party. SR.com put up their cold hard cash to see if OMEGA JYM delivers. From what I could find you can only get this stuff at one spot and, obviously, you have to take the reviews with a grain of salt...

37 year old guy that has really got back into lifting over the last eight months. About 4 months into my lifting rediscovery I noticed that I was getting some severe left shoulder pain - in the joint/rotator cuff area. I started to take fish oil and Glucosamine & Chondroitin to try and make it feel better to little avail. After comparing this fish oil to what I was taking I figured I would give the OMEGA JYM a shot. This stuff looked to be a much better quality and was backed by the JYM HYPE MACHINE. One thing to note - I also ran this with APSU's multi-vitamin with joint support.

Since getting back into the lifting "scene" I have found Jim Stoppani's knowledge on supplementation and lifting techniques really helpful and the dude is built like a brick poo house. So when the opportunity to try one of his products came up on TROOPs I figured I would jump all over it. (Yes, I did just steal that from my OMEGA JYM Review - but it is still true)

This is a pretty simple deal. 2000 mg of fish oil per serving (2 pills). However, the nice thing about Omega JYM is the quality of these 2000mg of fish oil. In each serving you get 1500 mg of Omega-3 fatty acid. But it seems to get better! The split on those Omega-3's is 750mg EPA and 750mg DHA.

I looked around to see if that type of concentration was readily available in other OMEGA-3 supplements and I just couldn't find it. If you click this link (http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/jym/omega-jym.html) and scroll down to the competitor matrix that is on the webpage you can see how they break it down vs competitors. I also added this chart to the bottom of the review!

The #1 fish oil supplement on this site is NOW Ultra Omega-3. This supplement has 500mg EPA/250mg DHA per serving. If you were to match the DHA serving per day you take with the JYM product (2 pills 2x's per day) you would need to take 6 of the NOW brand effectively taking your 90 day serving to 15 days!!!

I used all those letters and punctuation to point out just how high quality this supplement is. The matrix does a solid job pointing out all the additional fats you would consume versus taking the more potent ("molecular distillation") JYM product.

Not too tough to figure out - 2 pils, 2x's per day. No fishy burps - which is a big plus for some.

I really felt this product was effective. As I noted before I had some joint pain. Within a few days of adding this to my stack, along with the APSU multi, my left shoulder pain was virtually gone. I believe that the high dose fish oil at a better quality really contributed to my recovery. I went from severely limiting any overhead pressing and incline bench work to adding OHP as a large part of my GVT work I am currently doing today (10 x 10).

Since using this product, I have went back to supplementing with the fish oil I have on hand. In order to reach the same amount of EPA/DHA I was taking before I am effectively taking eight fish oil pills per day. The results are similar but there is a cost - obviously my fat intake has gone up and the value of the current product on hand has dropped significantly...

As you can see from some of the analysis above, there is value to be found in the JYM supplement. BB.com has a deal right now - buy 2 get $5 off which essentially puts this at $40 shipped for 60 days (120 servings) or $0.33 a serving or $0.67/day. You can by the 180 count NOW Ultra Omega-3 for around $26 shipped from BB.com. Keep in mind you would need about 6 of them to match the DHA you are getting in the JYM supplement - that takes the value from $0.28/day to $0.84/day.

On a mg to mg basis, the OMEGA JYM is the Biggest Fish in a large Ocean of Fish Oil competition...

Side Effects

None - which is nice considering some fish oil pills make you burp a little stinky...

Conclusion

I will be buying this the next time I need fish oil. On the surface, this isnt a value - but when you break it down on a mg to mg comparison it really is. Even if you don't need the amount of fish oil that this supplement provides because you already eat a lot of DHA/EPA containing food, this supplement provides a more potent cocktail than its competitors. Considering the results I got from it - seems like a no-brainer...

Overall
    (SR paid for product; Jym did not participate)
      December 12, 2015

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Effective
    • Helps With Joint Pain
    • Helps With Focus
    • No Fishy Burps
      As the admin made me aware of in the comments, first I gotta send a huge shout out and thanks to Supplementreviews.com for purchasing JYM Supplement's Omega JYM for review. Can't express how awesome it is that SR.com is putting its own money on the line to make sure that potential and current supplement users get great quality reviews to make better supplement choices, now that's dedication!

- Introduction -
      Most likely you have seen commercials and studies about the positive effects of supplementing with a fish oil. Americans tend to eat more red meat than they do fish, and because of this fish oil can be supplemented to gain some of the positive effects of eating fish without having to consume any. I have taken many fish oil supplements prior to this, and have seen positive effects mainly in two areas which I will go into further into this review. As for my diet, it has changed slightly. As for diet, the way I get my protein consist in this order: Wild caught fish, local eggs & raw milk, and I added locally raised grass fed beef as well. I took chicken or turkey completely out of my diet a little over a year ago due to the conditions most poultry are raised in and the additives that are injected into them so they taste more appealing to the average joe(I would suggest reading Eating Animals by Jonathan Safran Foer to get a better understanding as to why you should care where your meat comes from). My workouts are simple, I am currently using the Stronglifts 5x5 app(Which I highly recommend) and on my off days, I done mile runs with a 50lb pack for my cardio even though Stronglifts does not recommend it. A workout like 5x5 can be challenging especially for your joints, which is why I decided to try Omega JYM out and see if it could help with some of my joint pain little did I know it would have some benefits I did not foresee.

- Ingredient Profile: 9/10
      Called the 'Alpha of Omega 3"s' Omega JYM has a pretty good looking ingredient profile. 2 grams of fish oil concentrate with 1.5 grams total of DHA(750mg) and EPA(750mg) Omega 3 Fatty Acids. Overall its a simple effective ingredient profile, and there's not much else you can about it except for the abundance of DHA and EPA supplied in each dose. Fish oil is considered one of the move effective supplements on the market for a number of reasons. The reasons I take it are mainly because of the positive effects it has on my mental state and my ability to focus better; as well as its ability to keep your joints functioning better.

- Aftertaste -
      Anyone who has taken fish oil supplements know that there can be one nasty aftertaste. With Omega JYM there was slight fishy aftertaste for about an hour after taking them, however there were not fishy burps that typically go with taking a fish oil supplement.

- Dosing -
      A simple product with simple dosage. 2 liquid capsules twice a day, I took a dose right away in the morning (8am) and later around 1 pm.

The are 60 servings total, taken twice daily brings this out to a 30 day supply if you take the suggested amount.

- Effectiveness: 8/10
      Now for the most important part, does it preform?
      Over the last 30 days that I have been taking Omega JYM I have noted that my ability to concentrate has gone up. I cannot exactly say why fish oil has such an effect on me, but it helps with focus quite well. Its not a tunnel vision type zoned in feeling, but more of a calm ability to stay focused on the projects I have in front of me. As a full time college student, focus is highly important to me. Working on presentations, essays and other homework that times up an extended period of my time, I need something to help keep at it. Not saying fish oil is a wonder-drug, but it has some effects that I think make it worth trying out. For the most part, it takes about 2 weeks of continuous supplementation for me to noticed this effect.
      Now the second thing I love about Omega JYM. As it becomes colder, joints seem to freeze up and take so much longer to warm up than it does in the summer. Taking a fish oil supplement usually helps with that and the effects came on just a few days after starting it. Typically in the winter my warm up time doubles. With Omega JYM not only did my warm up time not double once it got colder, but I would say it actually decreased. Again, not saying its a wonder-drug, however I had not taken a fish oil in over a year, so the effects were noticed quite a bit more than I would have if I had been taking this prior. As comparison from the previous fish oils I had taken, I would not say Omega JYM was considerably better than them. Usually I have taken my fish oil in a liquid form and I somewhat prefer that form, though I do like the liquid capsules as they usually decreased the amount of fish aftertaste that sometimes would last most of my day.

Overall the positive effects I experienced from Omega Jym make this a top 5 fish oil supplement for myself.

Side Note: Check out Labdoor.com as they test fish oils for their potency and safety. They do not have Omega Jym, but they do have a lot of brands and they rate them as to their potency, safety and value.

- Value: 8/10
      $20 for a 30 day supply of a pretty solid fish oil supplement is good price for me. Though my dosage would be lower than some, I could most likely get away with one serving per day since I eat fish 3-5 times a week.

- Side Effects -

- Conclusion -
      JYM Supplements and their openness about what goes into their products is one of the many reasons I like them. I've tried other versions of their products, loved them and Omega JYM is not different. If you are looking for a quality fish oil from a respectable brand, Omega JYM is the way to go.