Loaded Reviews

By: Pumped Sports

Loaded is a Pre-Workout manufactured by Pumped Sports. It is designed to help provide a pre-training advantage by increasing mental focus, muscle performance, endurance and blood flow. This creates an environment optimal for increasing muscle mass and losing body fat.

Overall
Overall
9.2
9.3
9.5
  April 8, 2017

• Improved Focus
  • Consistently Effective
Hello SR community, today I will be putting in my review for Pumped Sports preworkout product, Loaded. First of all thanks to Pumped Sports for participating in the TROOP program, and also for being very approachable to any questions and very prompt to respond. Customer service is not dead it seems.

For my time on Loaded I was training 5 days a week looking to recomp and get some strength back after 3 months of dieting.

INGREDIENT PROFILE - 9/10

The ingredient profile of Loaded is very solid. Pumped Sports have used patented versions of Beta Alanine, Agmatine, Nitrosigine and Infinergy (di-caffeine malate). To me this shows commitment to quality ingredients, something we are seeing more of in the supplement industry these days, which is only a good thing.

I feel like Pumped Sports went a little bit of a kitchen sink approach with Loaded, and for that reason I had to take some points off, as some of the ingredients seem underdosed. Sometimes it's better to have a couple less ingredients but dose the ones you have at the industry-accepted doses. I understand the potential synergistic effects of combining pump or focus or energy ingredients, but on the whole I find this to be marketing spin most of the time and in the end those types of products don't seem to perform to the same level that a simpler but clinically dosed product does.

Having said all that, when you look at the ingredient profile and see the Beta Alanine, the list of pump ingredients and >250mg of caffeine, you're pretty much guaranteed to get something out of this product. The lack of dyes was very refreshing and something every supplement company should take note of.

TASTE - 9.5/10

I have pineapple flavour and the taste was really nice and refreshing. It didn't get tired through the tub and I was never not looking forward to drinking this product.

MIXABILITY - 10/10

Flawless. No issues with mixing, or even just swirling in a cup. I never had an instance of grit or clumps at the bottom of the shaker. The lack of dyes means your shaker cup isn't stained.

DOSAGE

I dose Loaded at 1 scoop and found the effectiveness of the product was pretty good at that level. At various stages, when I was very tired prior to gym, I'd dose a heaped scoop, and found the energy to be very solid at that point, bordering on what my body could tolerate (I am not a stim junkie). I did also experiment with using half a scoop of Loaded and a full scoop of Nutrex N-Vein, but I didn't find this combination to be as effective as just a scoop of Loaded would be (for pump obviously). I found that taking Loaded 15mins before a workout was the most effective option for me.

EFFECTIVENESS - 9.3/10

Pumps - Loaded gives you very solid pumps that you don't have to work too hard for to achieve. A couple of early sets of 15-20 reps and the blood is flowing and the pumps are coming. I'm not a very vascular person, so I didn't see the vein-popping that some people see with pump products, nevertheless the pumps I did see were very solid. Pumps lasted well after the workout, and should you lose your pump waiting for a machine or something in the gym, all it would take is 1 set and they're back again.

Focus - The focus and stim ingredients in Loaded ensure solid focus. From the time the PWO kicked in you were on a mission to lift dem weights. I found that making sure I knew exactly how my workout was laid out prior to hitting the gym was the most effective way to utilise the focus effects of Loaded. When you're lifting a lot of repetitive sets like 8 x 3 and 10 x 3, the focus component of a PWO is critical, especially on days when you're not feeling it 100%.

Energy - Loaded gave me a solid energy increase that lasted through my workouts and wouldn't begin to drop down until about 2 hours after ingestion. My favourite part of Loaded's energy profile was that the energy build was smooth and consistent, not a smack to the face bang bang here's the energy, nor did it make my heart want to explode if I went extra hard on high rep sets in the gym. One benefit I've found with products who build the energy rather than shock you with it is the lack of crash, and I didn't have any crash with Loaded, even at 1 heaped scoop.

VALUE - 9.5/10

Loaded is not widely available, but Tigerfitness are flogging it for $35 for a 30 serving tub. That's very very solid value for what you get with quality ingredients.

CONCLUSION - 9.2/10

Pumped Sports Loaded is a combination of a number of high quality ingredients that show Pumped Sports commitment to quality. While the ingredient profile smacks a bit of a kitchen sink approach and hope it works, the fact is that Loaded does work and does deliver in all effectiveness departments (Pumps, Focus and Energy). Combine that with the excellent sale price ($35 on TF.com) and you have a very solid PWO to put into your supp arsenal. A lack of dyes will keep your shaker cup and your insiders happy too. If I have a criticism of Loaded it would be that I would take out a couple of the ingredients that are there for pump and energy and replace them with higher, clinical doses of the quality ingredients they have already included in their profile. Things like upping Carnosyn to 3.2g, Agmapure to 1.5g or Nitrosegine to 1g or slightly more would be a couple of things I would look at. All in all though, Loaded worked for me and I was very happy with the results. Would I buy this product again with my own money? Absolutely, availability would be the only thing holding me back. Would I recommend this product to others? Yes, this product suits such a wide variety of users that most people will find a place for it in their sup cupboard. Thank you once again Pumped Sports for participating in the TROOP program and sending me this product to review.
  • Pineapple: 9/10

March 24, 2017

• No Pump For Me

Thanks to Pumped Sports for giving me an opportunity to try their preworkout Loaded! After seeing a TON of positive reviews on here I was excited to get my hands on it. In some respects it delivered and did so in ways I hadn't encountered before with other PWO products. But in others it came up a bit short. I'll comb through the good and the bad, but overall, I think this is a product anyone should try.

Usually I'll run through each ingredient in this section. For this, I'm going to avoid that. There are a lot of things in here that we all know and love, but the lesser known ingredients I'll add a little more detail for.

For kicks, you've got 200mg of caffeine per serving. There's another 75mg of Infinergy (Di-Caffeine Malate), which is a patented ingredient by a supplier called Creative Compounds. It's 75% caffeine, 25% malic acid. The idea/the result is to buffer the caffeine, make it more easily digested, minimize crashing, and make it longer lasting.

2.5g Carnosyn Beta Alanine (brand name). I have a love/hate relationship with Carnosyn. I'm really not a big fan of the tingles, but beta alanine will add a couple reps to your lift. I could feel the tingles kicking in within 10 minutes of taking this, every time.

1g Agmapure Agmatine Sulfate (brand name). Agmatine can inhibit your body's ability to regulate nitric oxide levels, theoretically leading to huge pumps. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to work as well for me as it does for other people.

Nitrosigine Arginine Silicate (brand name). Tried and true Arginine bonded with silicate and clinically shown to raise levels of arginine and silicon in the blood, thus boosting NO levels significantly. (pumps)

Also found are strong doses of Betaine Anhydrous, Taurine, Acetyl-Tyrosine, Choline Bitrate, Theobromine, and Bioperine (absorption enhancer).

4 more ingredients were newer to me:

Hordenine HCl - effective for burning fat, and a noradrenaline reuptake inhibitor
N-methyltyramine - Take away 1 methyl atom from the Hordenine and this is what you get. Demonstrated to be effective in the increased production of norepinephrine
Higenamine HCl - This shares similar mechanisms as ephedrine and is supposedly an effective fat burner/anti-asthmatic
Huperzia Serrata Extract (Huperzine A 1%) - Cognitive enhancer to increase focus

Sweetened with sucralose - no color additives

I received raspberry lemonade flavor and it wasn't bad, but not really lemonade flavored-more just sweet. I started adding Citrulline to it (which I'll explain next), and that actually boosted the lemonade taste quite a bit due to its natural lemon-y flavor. I think it tasted much better with that added in.

1 scoop 15-20 minutes before working out and you'll have the tingles starting in 10.

Mixing was smooth, very little left suspended, but definitely best to stir hard and drink fast to avoid anything settling on the bottom. I never tried shaking it, always stirred.

I'm going to break this down in three categories where I noticed this working or expected it to: focus, energy/endurance, and pumps

Focus: 8/10 (very good) - I noticed focus starting to set in within 15 minutes of taking this every time, and it was very pronounced. I got such tunnel vision, I had to make sure I took it and immediately left the house, or else I felt like I shouldn't be driving! It was almost like I was looking past everything and while I didn't drive badly, I just noticed it became harder to share my focus with other cars outside of my immediate lane. Unfortunately, I did lose the tunnel vision effect a bit once I began to actually hit the weights. There's also a lot to look at in my gym (so to speak), and unfortunately it didn't help pull my attention from that either. Regardless, tunnel vision or not, I still had laser like focus on completing one workout and getting on to the next.

Energy/Endurance: 7/10 (good) - The energy I got from pumped was really nice and smooth. I definitely felt the sustained effects of the caffeine malate, and never crashed when coming down. However, there was never a crazy rush of energy either. I lift at the end of the day usually, and I did have a few days where I felt the day wearing on me despite taking this.

Post-lift cardio did become a little easier to get to as well. I found myself debating the extra time on the treadmill at the end of the weights, but this seemed to give me the little boost of motivation to get on there and run for 15-20 minutes to close things out.

Pumps: 4/10 (bad) - PS, I think this one's on me-not you. Agmatine just doesn't seem to work for me without pairing it with Citrulline. The first few times I took this I had, like, negative pumps. Usually I'm very vascular and at one point I remember looking down at my arms and thinking wtf is this?? All my veins were very narrow-more constricted than they normally are throughout the day. I had some citrulline at the house and decided to try adding that to the powder. THAT WORKED GREAT. I added about 4g and not only did that take my veins from limp noodles to fire hoses again, but it made the drink taste better too by making the lemonade flavor more pronounced. If anyone else struggles with agmatine like I do, I would try doing something similar.

As far as I know, this is only available from Pumped Sports' own site for $34.99. In my opinion, this is a fair price when you consider the premium they must need to pay for as many brand name ingredients as they have. It's on the higher end, but justified by the quality. $1.16/serving.

Side Effects

Conclusion

If you're an agmatine believer, you'll love this product. If you're like me and agmatine doesn't seem to do it for you, you might find this isn't quite as loaded as the label says. However, the focus is undeniable and the energy is very nice and smooth. It's worth a try for sure but if you're struggling to get good pumps, try adding some citrulline to the mix.
  • Raspberry Lemonade: 6/10

March 12, 2017

• Flavor Taste Watery
  • Energy Slightly Delayed
  • Would Have Liked More Pump

First and Foremost,

Deepest gratitude for Pumped Sports for giving myself and the SR Troops this opportunity.

This pre-workout is a foreign product shipping all the way from New Zealand, which made me extremely excited! I am currently and steadily bulking up to 190, and was using this pre-workout about 4 days a week.

Noteworthy Ingredients.

Carnosyn Beta-Alanine(2.5g): This is well known high grade of Beta-Alanine, an ingredient known to act as an acid buffer and effectively (proven) to increase endurance.

Betaine Anhydrous: (1.5g): I've seen several citations where Betaine Anhydrous was most effective at about 2.5g+, it is apparent that it is slightly under-dosed here. BA said to increase cellular functioning in the body its motive here is to increase overall energy output.

Agmapure Agamine Sulfate(1g): This ingredient is a pump inducer that allows a greater blood flow to the muscles, allowing the user to feel its "pump" inducing effects.

Caffeine (200mg) + Infinerngy Di Caffeine Malate(75mg): Caffeine is a widely utilized stimulate that is a staple to most pre-workouts for its persistent effects in increasing endurance, focus, and having some thermogencic (burning of calories to produce heat) properties. In addition, the 75mg Caffeine Malate is a compound of Caffeine + Malic Acid. This unique compound proclaims to provide a sustain release of caffeine for consistent energy as well as reduce the digestive uneasiness one feels when consuming regular caffeine.

Bioperine(5mg)- A black pepper extract known to increase the absorption of supplements into the blood.

Taste: I had the Raspberry Lemonade (6.5/10) and had the most peculiar experience with flavoring. The reason for this rating is because this PWO does not have a profound flavor taste. Imagine making yourself a cup raspberry lemonade and then diluting it with 5 cups of water. This PWO tasted like flavored water, which was not bad, but at the same time it was not the juicy, fruity, goodness you'd expect.
***This PWO is colorless and appears like a clear white cloud inside a bottle.

Mixability: Never an issue here, in a bottle, blender, blender-bottle, easily mixes with no residue or chunks.

Dosing: 1 scoop (9.8g), 15-30 min prior to training.

Let me preface by saying that on PAPER, this product looks promising. The ingredients one yearns for with proper dosages are apparent, however just because a label is enticing does not mean it will deliver.

Initial Sensation: Upon taking this PWO I did not find myself jittery or tingly at all by the Beta Alanine in this supplement. And at 2.5g that was surprising to me. In addition, half the time I took this PWO i found myself wanting more. Even with the 275mg of caffeine seemed inadequate. I confess my bias because I am typically used to consuming about 300mg/caffeine per session. Nevertheless, with LOADED I did not have that strict engagement, the burst of energy, or desired pumped at the start of my workout.

Main sets/Workouts: It was only after 30-40 minutes after taking this supplement did I begin to feel its effects. Do not let the initial lackluster affect your perception of this pre-workout, because mid-set its effects become more apparent. For instance, halfway through my workouts it seemed like this PWO was there when I needed it to provide me with that extra energy, allowed me to get lock and loaded with engagement, and though not the most prolific pump..a pump was still there.

Aftermath: One of the nice qualities of this pre-workout is that I did not experience a crash nor overwhelming sensation of lack of energy/tiredness. The energy from this PWO follows you nicely into your day, like a ray of sunshine that keeps you going and lit, this PWO definitely leaves you with that feel-good sensation.

Initial Sensation:5/10, Mid-Workout:8/10, Pump: 7/10

This Pre-Workout is currently only available at Tigerfitness.com for about $35. Not a terrific value, but at the same time about what you'd expect to pay from a decent pre-workout.

Side Effects

No observed Side-Effects

Conclusion

Loaded! A Pre-Workout that has a delayed BANG, but delivers when you need it most mid-workout. You may not have the most skin-bursting pump, but you'll feel those muscles engorge with blood. In addition, the laser focus and bodily connection is not the most intense, so if you're one to favor the less stim heavy pre-workouts, this might be your choice. Moreover, this PWO considering its outcome I believe it is slightly over-priced at $35 and I believe it could be better marketed as an over-all daily sustained energy and less as PWO.
  • Raspberry Lemonade: 6/10

January 30, 2017

• Slightly Expensive
First off I want to thank Pumped Sports for letting us troopers have the chance to give this product a try. After reading some of the reviews and seeing they were all mostly giving it high ratings it really got my interesting in wanting to try this if it came up on the trooper program again. This is a newer company but are not located in the USA. This company is located in New Zealand. Usually I am a bit skeptical about trying products from other countries but with the good reviews this was getting I was ok with trying it. I give them big props for getting this ready and shipped out to me as quickly as they did since it was being shipped from New Zealand which I figured would take a bit longer to get. This was another pre-workout I can say I was pleased with having the chance to try.

Ingredients:
The profile for this I thought was pretty good. This has a very well rounded list of ingredients to help in a lot of areas which I like. I really like that they fully list everything they put in here and don't hide behind prop blends. I like that they dose everything at good amounts that are effective. The caffeine part I think is a little on the low side at 200mg. I would like to see the caffeine upped a little to around 300mg. I seem to do better at 300-350mg. I did not let the 200mg bother me to much because it still seemed effective for me (maybe not at much as I would have liked but I was ok with that.)

Value.
Right now the only site that I know of that sell this besides their website is tigerfitness.com. They want $34.99 for 30 servings. That to me is a little on the high side I think. I would like to see this drop to around $30 at most. I think if some more sites can pick this up the price might drop a little.

Taste:
I decided to go with the pineapple flavor. I wanted to try something a little different but after trying this I wish I would tried one of their other flavors fruit punch or raspberry lemonade instead. To me this was so/so. It was not horrible but nothing real outstanding. I think it could have a bit stronger of a taste to it. I have had other pineapple flavors before and liked them a lot more so. I know after awhile I got kind of tired of this flavor. At least there is no real chemical taste to it. When I got half way through the container I was starting to get tired of this and had to start downing it right away. I think a little bit of improvement to the taste would really help a lot. It was nothing horrible to drink but could use just a little tweaking to it.

Mixing/Dosing:
Had no issues at all with it mixing. Seemed to mix very nicely each time I used this. I give them big props for using no dyes in this. I really don't care what color it is. The more I can stay away from dyes the better off I am. There is just no need to have them. The way this is dosed this is pretty close to a one scooper. I would only use one scoop each time and that seem to be effective enough for me. There might be a couple ingredients I would liked to have had a little more of but then it would be to much of some other stuff I did not need more of.

This was a great product if your looking for a very well rounded pre-workout that will help you in a lot of different areas. I like that they don't go overly crazy on the stims with this. For me being someone who can handle stims more on the higher side this still seemed to give me a nice boost of energy. It was nothing overly crazy to make you feel all cracked out and jittery which I liked. I think since I have been consuming a lot of caffeine lately and at some rather high amounts it was good this was bit on the lower side for me. I like to have a decent amount of caffeine to help give you that nice boost of energy but don't want to feel all cracked out and jittery either. This will give you that more of a clean type energy. I felt this helped me with my endurance a bit more. At times I felt I could keep going longer and was more ready between sets. Also at times I felt stronger when I was doing higher reps even though they don't use any creatine in this which was nice.

The pumps on this were not to bad. This does have a decent amount of agmatine in this at 1000mg. I always seem to have trouble when it comes to feeling pumps. This gave me some pumps but I had to keep going and take very little time between sets to feel them more. I think I am one of those people who does not responded real well to agmatine or unless it is a really high amount. I will say that when I did feel them it was very noticeable but it was not real often I would feel them. The vascularity was not to bad. I did notice a bit more some veins in my forearms and into my bicep I had not noticed before. So it did help me a bit more with looking a bit more vascular. It was not to the point I would have liked but it was still decent. If you want a good pre-workout that will really help you get locked in and focused better during your workouts this is a good product for that. Each time I would use this I felt like I could dial into my workouts a lot better and want to keep going. I think having good ingredients to help with mental focus is a big plus to have and this one really shines in that area. Over all I never had or noticed any real stomach issues while taking this. I know some times if there is to much for ingredients or to high on the caffeine I will get a little bit of an upset stomach but not with this. This seems to be pretty easy on the stomach which was nice.

Side Effects:
Nothing I noticed:

Overall:
This was a product I was very pleased with and found to be pretty effective. I like that this has a lot of different ingredients (at good dosages) to help in a lot of areas and not just all stims. If your looking for a very well rounded and effective pre-workout I would highly recommend checking this out. It seems like a lot of pre-workout are going more with just high amounts of stims and seem to be forgetting there are other ingredients people want from a pre-workout also. I would like to see a few more sites start carrying this product. Also I hope they start making some more products to add to their product line because I think they could have some more good products they could be bringing us. Again I want to give a big shout out to pumped sports for making this great product and letting us troopers try it.
  • Pineapple: 6/10

January 27, 2017

• Improved Focus
  • Slightly Expensive

I was intrigued to try Loaded after seeing its current overall score on SR and the overwhelmingly positive reviews. I've had a mixed run of preworkouts these past few months, so I was excited to see what all the fuss was about with this product.

Pumped Sports does it right. A fully disclosed ingredient profile that is well rounded and robust. You've got your standard preworkout ingredients here i.e. Carnosyn, Caffeine, Taurine, and Agmatine Sulfate, as well as some fun additions like Hordenine HCl and Higenamine HCl (fat burning). For the most part everything is dosed at an effective level, though a bump in the dosage of Choline Bitartrate would be ideal.

In short, this is exactly the type of profile I'm looking for when browsing the vast selection of preworkouts on the market today.

God bless Pumped Sports for staying away from dyes. I still struggle to understand why supplement companies think gym-goers have the palate of five year old kids. I don't need my blue raspberry flavored preworkout to turn my tongue blue and taste like Trix cereal extract. Ridiculous.

I received the Fruit Punch flavor. It's very nice. Not overpowering. No dyes as mentioned. Clean tasting. Mixes with no issues. One of the better fruit punch supplements I've tried. I usually mixed one heaping scoop with 24 oz. of water and sipped on my way to the gym.

Put simply, I loved this pre-workout. I am very stimulant tolerant, especially when it comes to caffeine, so I was pleasantly surprised by how much of a boost I got every time I dosed Loaded. Solid, clean energy every time. No crash. No jitters. No "cracked out" feelings. High marks in this category.

Aside from energy, Loaded is also one of the better "focusing" preworkouts I've had recently. Just about every dose had me dialed in and ready to go. Love that sensation. Pumps were OK, nothing spectacular. Agmatine doesn't always hit me in the right way I've found sometimes just depends on the day. Still a noticeable effect, just not "skin tearing" or anything along those lines.

For cost, I've found the industry pre-workout norm to be roughly .75c-$1.00 per serving. Loaded will cost you $35 for a tub of 30 servings, meaning it's per serving price point is slightly above the industry average. It's also only available through Tiger Fitness currently, so you may not have much luck with special deals or discounts.

Personally I tend to go for the pre-workouts that are on the cheaper end, however I think Loaded's price point is reasonable considering its effectiveness. It would really shine for me at $30 for a 30 serving tub.

Side Effects

No issues here aside from the occasional, what I like to call, preworkout evacuation.

Conclusion

Loaded gets high marks from me. I'm a firm believer that not every product, particularly pre-workouts, works for every individual, but Loaded is definitely one I recommend to anyone looking to step up their preworkout game. I love the way Pumped Sports put this product together - it's effectively dosed and very well rounded. You're not going to need to stack this with anything to get a high quality workout. Well done.
  • Fruit Punch: 8/10

December 19, 2016

• Consistent Pumps

Christmas is coming up and I have some reviews I want to get done before I travel to see family. First and foremost I want to thank Pumped Sports for sending me a tub of Loaded and shipping it from New Zealand. This was the first I've heard of this company but after seeing all of the great reviews I had to give this a shot. During the duration of this review I was training (Powerlifting) 5-6 days a week while on a lean bulk diet.

Claims:
- Increased Endurance
- Explosive Energy
- Amplified Pumps

The Loaded ingredient profile is filled with solid dosages/ingredients which really lives up to its name "LOADED". To help sum up the ingredient profile I'm going to use the claims from the bottle since the ingredient listing isn't categorized.

Amplified Pumps -
AGMass Agmatine Sulfate 1,000 mg. Highly pure and soluble form of Agmatine Sulfate that is derived from L-Arginine.
Nitrosigine Arginine Silicate Complex 750 mg. Bonded complex of Arginine and Silicon to help increase N.O. levels.

Explosive Energy -
Caffeine 200 mg
Theobromine 100 mg. Found in cacao seeds, similar structure to caffeine with many of the same effects.
Infinergy Di Caffeine Malate (73% caffeine) 75 mg. Combination of caffeine and malic acid.
Hordinine HCI 50 mg. a bioactive alkaloid contained in bitter orange
N-methyltyramine HCI 50 mg. A beta-2 adrenergic agonist in the body
Higenamine HCI 25 mg. Know as "weak ephedrine" - Found out its banned by WADA starting 2017.

Increased Endurance -
Carnosyn Beta Alanine 2.5 G
Betaine Anhydrous 1.25 G
Taurine 1 G

Plus a bunch of other ingredients for Mental Focus and Absorption ........

Taste - For this review I received the Raspberry Lemonade flavor which is one of two (Pineapple). Overall I enjoyed the taste and it wasn't to sweet or tart.

Mixability - No issues in regards to clumping or settlement. The powder is very fine with no dyes which is a huge plus in my book!

Dosing - To me this is a true 1 scoop pwo. I mixed one scoop in 8-12 oz of water and drank it about 15-30 minutes before training.

In terms of effectiveness this definitely hit the spot for me. The combination of ingredients at solid dosages really had me going during training. This has provided me the most amount of energy from a pre-workout supplement.... which = GAINZ!!! I definitely had more endurance and felt stronger on high rep training days. Although I don't get much of a pump from powerlifting on most days, it wasn't hard to see it was working with the view of veins on top of veins during hypertrophy sessions.

The only value I could find for a 30 serving tub of Loaded was on Tiger Fitness for $34.99. At about $1.16 per serving some may think its a bit high but I don't mind paying that price for effective products. The only real bummer is that Loaded is scarce to find in he USA right now however I have a feeling this would be a big hit if more online retailers sold it.

Side Effects

Conclusion

In conclusion Pumped Sports Loaded is a really solid pre-workout that everyone should try at some point. This is really a LOADED ingredient list with great dosages in terms of pumps, energy, endurance and focus. The only bummer as I noted was that Loaded is not widely available in the USA right now. Thanks again to Pumped Sports for participating in the SR Troop Program.
  • Raspberry Lemonade: 9/10

9.1
  August 24, 2016

• Consistent Pumps
    First a big thank you to Pumped Sports, and also an apology for the tardiness of this review. Had some unfortunate things happen these past couple weeks and I finally have time to finish this review.

First off, thumbs up for the lack of proprietary blends. It's always a plus to know exactly what you're getting when it comes to supplements. One scoop gives you quite an array of solid/proven ingredients. I like how the put a modest dose of caffeine in(200mg) and then added time-released caffeine as well. Most ingredients are up to par in terms of dosing such as Agmatine(1000mg), Beta-alanine(2.5g), and Nitrosigine(750mg). No big complaints here at all really.

No dyes, big, big plus right there right off the bat. Proves to me that you don't need dyes to make your product taste good.

Now, as far as I know, they only have the pineapple flavor. which is fine by me, because as of now, along with VPX Bang Sour Apple, this is the best tasting pre-workout I have ever had. The one reason I have to give this so much credit is that the flavor is not so "IN YOUR FACE" like C4 would be for instance. It's not overpowering and goes down smooth. It's actually refreshing, something I can't ay about any other pre-workout.

One scoop. as easy as it gets on dosing.

Loaded performed just as I expected, and just as good as many other pre-workouts. I ran this alongside Yeah Buddy, and I can honestly say I got more energy from this than I did that one. I had much better workouts, and had much better concentration as well. Smooth energy is the best way to put it.

Pumps from agmatine were noticeable, even with calories being slightly low.

I did not get any stomach issues fro Loaded, which I attribute to the lack of dyes. If this were C4 for instance, I would have had some issues.

While it may not give you that IN YOUR FACE energy kick like OG Jack3d, it's a great option for most people who just want energy and to perform at their best.

Value(30 servings)

For a one scoop product, and this being slightly above $30, I wouldn't mind recommending this to others. It may not be the best priced, but for the lack of blends, and the effectiveness being great, I'd feel wrong not giving this a high mark on value. It's barely above $1 per serving.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Overall, Loaded is a great pre-workout. Great taste, great performance, and great consistency. It is worth the money and I encourage anyone here to try it out. Looks like good pre-workouts are not just made in the USA anymore...
    • Pineapple: 10/10

August 8, 2016

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Mood Elevation
    • Consistent Pumps

Huge apologies to Pumped Sports for taking so long with this review. I just landed a new job not too long ago and have been ridiculously busy but everything is finally slowing down so I'm just now getting to this review. Sorry guys!

8.75/10
      Loaded has just about everything you could want in a pre workout. The caffeine (anhydrous and infinergy) and Taurine combination is a great one-two punch for energy. That's not the only punch being thrown though, as Loaded also has N-methyltyramine, theobromine, and hordenine to help wake you up and get you ready to lift some serious weight. Huperzia Serrata Extract makes an appearance for mood enhancement. Agmatine at a solid 1 gram and Nitrosigine will help getting the ever important pump. Among these heavy hitting punches, some have missed the mark. Betaine Anhydrous is great as a natural strength booster and I've read that it is even better when accompanied with creatine. The lack of creatine is not the main concern however; the 1.25 grams missing to complete the 2.5 gram effacious dose is the concern. I understand some companies make a post-workout product with the other 1.25 grams to make sure you 1) get the 2.5 grams 2) buy another one of their products. I would much prefer that companies just include it at 2.5 grams in one product rather than try to sell me two. I digress though, I just deduct a little for the missing 1.25 grams. Similarly, I deduct for the missing 1.2 grams of Beta Alanine. I'm not aware of any reason to include 2-2.5 grams as opposed to 3.2 grams and I've seen this a lot in pre workouts recently. I'd understand, but disagree with, the half-dosing logic but not this. I'll end this section on a high note though, as I have to give huge props to Pumped Sports for creating a dye-free product. Overall, the ingredient profile is great and I'm just nitpicking, but that's what we should do as reviewers.

I received the pineapple flavor, which I believe is the only flavor available. The only other things I can compare this to is pineapple juice and pineapple Mesomorph since I don't really drink pineapple flavors that often. While Mesomorph tasted more like actual pineapple juice, Loaded tasted like pineapple infused water (if that comparison makes any sense). It was much lighter than something like Mesomorph but was still distinctly pineapple flavored. Personally, I've started adding a little extra water to my supplements because it helps with hydration and I can attest that the flavor stays light, crisp, and refreshing at 6-8oz and 10-12+ oz. Additionally, with any amount of water I found Loaded mixed up well and left little to no residue behind. Similarly, it mixed up well with 1 scoop, which was my usual dosing, as well as with the occasional 1.5 scoops for those days when I felt like a zombie. I usually took this before my usual lift and cardio workouts but occasionally I took it before cardio.

8.25/10
      I could really notice the inclusion of a wide range of different ingredients to cover every angle. Most noticeable however, was the energy and pumps. Loaded gave me a smooth, steady, and bearable energy increase. I wasn't stimmed out of my mind, shaking, or feeling sick from too many stims. Compared to really heavy stim based pre workouts, this energy increase didn't last as long and noticeably dissipated around the 1.5 hr mark but this is to be expected. Pumps were pretty great as well. I haven't used nitrosigine on its own before so I'm mostly chalking it up to the inclusion of Agmatine at 1 gram, which there is nothing wrong with at all. Nitrosigine may have worked synergistically but I couldn't isolate any effect and say definitively that this worked better than just Agmatine. Still, that's besides the point, what matters is that Loaded definitely helped me get and keep a pump. Unfortunately, I just didn't feel much of the endurance or strength boosting from the beta alanine, betaine, etc. Additionally, I always had a feel-good vibe during my workouts but I'm not sure if that was from Huperzine A or just because I enjoy my work outs, but nonetheless I thought it was worth noting.

I found this for around $35 on Tigerfitness.com. I couldn't find it anywhere else stateside as I believe Pumped Sports is a New Zealand brand. $35 is not overly egregious considering what is included but it also not some kind of steal considering that Loaded didn't deliver in all areas like I would want. Additionally, I'm deducting a little bit for only being available at one retailer at the moment.

Side Effects

I experienced no side effects while taking this product.

Conclusion

Overall, this is a good product. You won't be disappointed if you buy it and should consider yourself lucky to get it as a gift. A pure average of the section scores, not including side effects, gives an 8.25 but I am actually reducing it to an 8 because I think value should be weighted just a slight bit more than something subjective like taste in this case (e.g. when the ratings for value and taste differ so greatly). That being said, I still think this is great product and would recommend it to anyone in the market for a new pre workout.

July 21, 2016

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Great Recovery
      • Focus
        Shout out and thanks to the Pumped Sports reps, all the way in New Zealand.

INGREDIENT PROFILE: A
        Right down the line, everything looks to be in order. All ingredients seem to be dosed at or around the minimum effective dose, and all is fully disclosed and accounted for.
        Looking at the ingredient profile, you get the impression they intended this to be as close to a "one scooper" as possible, as ingredients such as caffeine and Agmapure are dosed rather high (200mg and 1000mg respectively). Doubling the servings become, interesting, but no undoable.
        All in all, I've got little to complain about with Loaded.

MIXING: A
        There is little to no settling in 700ml of water (personal choice), and servings mix up quick. You won't be standing there shaking your shaker cup, looking like a moron.

TASTE: B
        I received the "pineapple" flavor, and it does a good job of getting close. It wasn't overwhelming, and it ball-parked the taste enough to where you understood it was supposed to be a pineapple flavor.

EFFECTIVENESS: A
        It got the job done, end of story.
        Now a days, pre-workout products in general don't seem to be quite as effective as before. Granted, a good product will still shine through, but the grey area is all but gone. Products now either work, or they don't. Plain and simple. Loaded works.
        Energy wise, it's hard to go wrong with 200mg of caffeine, especially if you've already had an energy drink or cup of coffee by the time you've gotten around to working out. I usually have had one energy drink in the morning (usually one of those Starbuck's double shot things), and when noon rolls along energy levels are starting to dip. Loaded picked it up quick and had enough to help me through some trying training days. On the chance I used two servings of Loaded, I was a rock star in the gym.
        Pumps were noticeable, despite not training for them. I've said it before, but a lot of my training revolves around singles, doubles, and triples. Every now and then, I'll take something for 4+ reps. Despite this, pumps came through in whatever way they can. Not a necessity for myself, but always an added bonus.
        All said and done, Loaded works.

VALUE: A
        SupplementReviews.com's price finder-thing has Loaded listed at $34.99 for 30 servings (size I received). As compared to the good products out there I've used, that's about right.
        There's quite a bit to the product, so naturally the price is going to be high compared to most similar products period. Sprinkle in all the trademarks and copyright tags, and the price would seemingly go up. Even so, as stated earlier the price is comparable to other products I consider good, such as Myokem's Nitramine and LGI's Fully Loaded.

OVERALL: A
        I find it hard to give Loaded anything but a top score. Good, transparent ingredient profile, effective, and taste good. It checks off a lot of boxes for me, so Loaded is a go.
        • Pineapple: 7/10

March 7, 2016

Pros:
         Cons:
        • Mood Elevation

-----
        Update 06/13/2016:
        With Pumped Sports Loaded now available at Tiger Fitness for $34.99, I would revise my value rating to a 7.5
        -----

It'll be my pleasure today to review a preworkout by Pumped Sports called Loaded. Pumped Sports is a pretty new company based out of New Zealand. I'm no stranger to preworkouts and are usually a staple of my supplement arsenal. When looking at the profile I was very impressed so I decided to give this a shot during the end of my bulking/strength routine. I was very pleased.

So first, big props to Pumped Sports for the 100% fully transparent label. They are marketing this as an all around preworkout that aims to help in energy, pumps, focus, mood, etc. and they definitely went after very popular ingredients to address these needs. The profile begins with some well dosed beta alanine and betaine at 2.5 grams and 1.25 respectively. These are nice dosages, however 3-4 grams of beta alanine and 2.5 grams of betaine are the clinical dosages. Both of these ingredients want to address endurance during your workout and have worked for me before. The next part of the profile deals with pumps with some good dosages of agmatine, Nitrosigine, and taurine. Energy and focus are addressed with caffeine (200 mg), Infinergy (75 mg), and Tyrosine, choline, theombine, Huperzine, etc. Honestly, there's a ton of ingredients, all well known, in good doses. I have attached the profile. Even with all the ingredients, they do leave out creatine which I think a majority like as it allows us to supplement with that on our own from bulk supplies. I'm very impressed with the profile and think it does live up to the claims of a well rounded preworkout.

I had the pineapple flavor and it was great. Not too sour, not to sweet. Mixability was great and also a huge plus in it does not contain artificial coloring.

Dosing is standard at one scoop 20-30 min before a workout.

I used this coming off one of the best preworkouts I have ever taken in Conqu3r Unleashed. This is very high in stims as well, but was beta alanine free. I did not take a break between these supplements so I was a little worried that the energy and focus aspect would be hurt by this it, but it was not. Here is a better break down:

Endurance: Coming off a no beta alanine preworkout, I got the tingles back. I like that, and combined with the betaine, I did have great endurance during my run of this. Helped extend my workouts and recovery between sets. Solid.

Pumps: Better than expected, but nothing mind blowing. Muscles did feel fuller and some slight more vein popping, but was hit or miss. I think some citrulline or beet root might help here.

Energy and focus: This was the best part of supplement. I really like extended release caffeine, so even though the caffeine amount was a little low for me as a stim junkie, it helped me all throughout my hour-hour and half workouts with the Infinergy. I never crashed, just really good clean energy throughout the workouts and the tub. The focus was also exceptional as I did get a sense of "tunnel vision" and this did put me in a good mood. As I get older and have experienced more preworkouts, I really do tend to prefer these types of ingredients in preworkouts over most others. Loved this aspect.

Overall, a very effective preworkout I really enjoyed.

This is where Loaded is really hurt at the moment. Being based in New Zealand and a new company with limited distribution at the moment, this is very aspect. You can buy this on their website, and after converting to US dollars you'll pay $50 for this, including shipping. For 30 full servings, this is very expensive and would stop me from purchasing this in the future. I am however very impressed with the ingredients, disclosure, customer service and think as theirs company grows they will become very competitive in the future.

Side Effects

None to report. No stomach issues, crashing, etc.

Conclusion

A top tier preworkout for me with great ingredients and delivered solid workouts. If this company ups it's distribution and can get that price down, I'd definitely purchase this again.