Pro-Antium

By Ronnie Coleman Signature Series
Pro-Antium Ronnie Coleman Signature Series
8.6/10
(Weighted average based on 28 Reviews)

Ranks #3 of 68 (better than 97%)
in Protein > Blended Protein

mhseaver670

If 8 time Mr.Olympia takes it, so should you.

Huge thanks to the Main Man 8 time Mr. Olympia Ronnie Coleman and his fine reps here on Supplementreviews.com to let us ER team members try this out. I signed up for this after hearing that it was so good and actually a good product. They sent a very generous package to which I am very thankful to have gotten to try.

Well Just after looking on the back label you can tell Big Ron knows a thing or two about supplements, He keeps it real solid on everything he puts his name on.

Now I have been running the bio grow which most know has some great recovery with it as well, So I stopped taking that to really see where this leads. .. And I was impressed.

Ingredients. 9
He really knows how to make a great recovery protein .
This stuff has
29 grams of Protein! Per scoop
5 grams of creatine
2.5 grams of beta alinine
3.5 grams of bcaa
1 gram of sugar.

Coleman Amino Matrix (L-Glycine, L-Leucine, L-Isoleucine, L-Valine), Coleman Amino Matrix (L-Glycine, L-Leucine, L-Isoleucine, L-Valine)

So much more in there than all this but I do not like to copy and paste so much stuff.
The main thing is He really put together something this will work, all ingredients are at effective doses and proven to work.
Some of the others guys broke down the major things on the Ingredients, so for more info on that scroll down this page.

Effectiveness 9
Now I only took the Pro Antium post workout once a day!. I was already taking a creatine and I did not want to end up taking this multiple times and have 20 or more grams of creatine a day. With that said I would love to see a creatine free version of this come out.
Now the effectiveness is hard to rate other than just going by recovery and stomach issues. So..
I never had stomach issues with this at all!. I never felt bloated or heavy, which after working out I do not want that feeling anyway. Just something on my stomach to hold me till I can eat.
The recovery was honestly just about as good as the bio grow and that is really saying something. I have not been taking a multi or fish oils or any staples for that matter. So I was able to tell I was always feeling fresh and ready to kill it. I was able to break PR's almost every week on this. And I do not mean Toe curls or forearm curls, I was breaking Bench PR by 25 lbs and then same week break a deadlift by almost 45lbs. So I know my recovery was really good.

Mixability 10
6 oz of water, shake and done!. Nothing more to say.

Taste 9.5
I swung for a bit different direction I normally go . I got the vanilla wafer and wow. It really tasted just like one of those cookies. I would love to try some of the choc, or other flavors and see which is better but until then I can say I was happy.

Value 9.5
Just a quick search and I found the 4.74lb container on lockout for 52 bucks and that is a 50 serving container. If you only take this post workout that will last a good while!. I think that is a great value for the quality you get.

Overall 10
Honestly No Nuthugging here. I really like this. Its nice to see such a big name get their own brand and not sell out , BUT to actually put the science and correct dosage in there and put out a product that is made for GAINZ!. Awesome work Ronnie, you and your team did great, Also I would like to say that you happen to have some stand up REPS here on this site, Joeflah and the others are very helpful , and you should be proud of them. Its also really awesome to have the ACTUAL real RONNIE here on this site as well.

Pros:
Cons:
  • Become A Mr.olympia With This.
  • Excellent Texture
  • Mixes Great
  • 5g Of Creatine
  • Strength Gains
  • Betaine

Posted September 23, 2013
I love this stuff, cleaned up GNC for 5 tubs of it ;) I am set for my winter bulk lol

garlick

Posted September 23, 2013
I plussed rep'd you!! Forget if the review is good, you just got Garlick Rep'd!!

pudgusky

Posted September 23, 2013
Your overall says 9 in the numeric rating, but you rated it a 10 overall in the review. What rating did you mean for this to receive?

Posted September 23, 2013
WOW. I am so proud to wear that badge Garlick.
@ pudgusky. I would give it a 9.5 overall , its not perfect but close. I think if they had options for the creatine free I would rate it a 10. Sorry I thought I proofread everything.

Posted September 23, 2013
Great review Seaver, and thanks for the shout out. I'm glad we can do right by the people. And the creatine free option has been gaining a bit of steam around here lately, we may have to consider that!

Mooselini

good review seavs

i did a double take, u put it has beta alanine in it and i was like sweet then i saw it meant betaine, damn

@ moose
yea I messed up on that. I was looking at that as I was typing and thinking.. This sounds wrong? lol

Posted September 24, 2013
Thanks for the review bro, hearing this kind of stuff makes it all worth it for me. You guys are the reason I do this

Posted September 24, 2013
Man that feels good to have a comment from the KING.

Posted February 20, 2014
Just wanted to let you know that we just put a portion of your review on our next run of Pro-Antium labels.

yeah Buddy!

Posted February 20, 2014
^^ holy poo! Wow I am blowed away!

I love this protein

Out of all the protein blends in the market, this one so far is my favorite. I found a replacement for Myofusion, Pure Whey, and other popular protein blends in the market. Pro-Antium by RCSS is one hell of a protein. It has great protein blend profile, mixes perfect, texture is surreal and the taste is beyond delicious.

Now let's start with the review.

Profile (9/10): I compared this to the profile of other proteins with similar characteristics. I noticed that a lot of popular brands charge us premium price for poor quality ingredients. We pretty much pay for the brand, not the quality of the product. Myofusion being the worst offender, brown-rice protein? seriously Gaspari?

On the other hand, we hace RCSS Pro-Antium. When I first got it, the first thing I decided to look at was the profile. I was impressed TBH, I was just expecting hype because its Mr. O's own protein, but it was actually a solid combination of concentrate, isolate and casein.

It has 29g of protein per serving, 5g of creatine and 2.5g of betaine. A great blend similar to hydrobuilder by ON. There are some things that a few of us may find like a "no, no" in a protein, but I think there is a valid explanation for it. This protein has real cookie crumbles of vanilla waffers, chocolate cookie or strawberry shortcake. If you take that into consideration, you know that those sweets are not made with health in mind. They are just added to the mix for the teexture and the ingredients that they are made have be to disclosed because of FDA regulations, but the amounts of this extra fluffly-yummy ingredients are so insignificant that they should not impact the quality of the protein.

This is the profile:

Coleman Protein Matrix (Whey Protein Concentrate, Milk Protein Isolate, Whey Protein Isolate, Whey Protein Hydrolisate, Micellar Casein, Egg Albumin, Calcium Caseinate), Coleman Amino Matrix (L-Glycine, L-Leucine, L-Isoleucine, L-Valine),

Coleman Lipid Matrix (Sunflower Oil Powder and/or Soy Oil Powder, MCT Oil Powder [from Coconut])),

Copenhagen Cookie Crumbs (Enriched Flour (Wheat Flour, Niacin, Reduced Iron, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid), Sugar, Soy Bean and/or Palm Oils, Corn Syrup, Salt, Vanilla),

Coleman Suspension Matrix (Glucose Polymers, Inulin, Xanthan Gum, Cellulose Gum, Carrageenan), Creatine Monohydrate, Natural and Artificial Flavors, Citric Acid, Sea Salt, Acesulfame Potassium, Sucralose,

Effectiveness(N/A): It is silly to judge the effectiveness of a protein IMO, I can only tell you that base on the ingredient profile. You should expect faster recovery, relatively faster weight gain if on bulk and keep your strength while on a cut.

Taste (10/10): in the words of Samuel L. Jackson according to Dave Chapelle "mmmmmmmmmmmmhmmmmmm motherf$#%$" this has to be the best tasting protein ever. It was incredibly good and I never got tired of it. It was the best part of the day. Wake up and drink this with Almond milk and drink post-workout and one in between meals just for the kicks. Even my wife liked it and she is one picky eater. She did not even like Syntrax Nectar isolate, another great tasting protein. However, she liked this one a lot.

I had the vanilla waffer and the double chocolate cookie and both are really good tasting protein. My favorite one was the double chocolate cookie, it was just delicious. The texture was perfect with crunchy cookie crumbles in the smooth creamy, but not heavy shake. Vanilla waffer was outstanding as well, excellent texture with small pieces of vanilla waffer and lighter texture. Mix both with almond milk and it will make your wet protein dreams come true.

Mixability (9/10): It mixes great, with no protein powder residue. Only thing left floating are the cookie pieces in it. It mixes with shaker bottle and there is no need for blender, unless you wanna add extra ingredients. I had this with water, milk, almond milk and it mixes great in all of them.

Value(8.5/10): At first, based on the introduction prices at GNC and other online retailers. I personally thought it was ***in overpriced, but then I started comparing this to other popular brands and I found that is at the same level. Myofusion Elite Series is $89.99 regular price, Dymatize Elite Fusion is 84.99 and BSN Syntha 6 is $89.99 and when they go on sale they sit around $50-54.99 price. They stick to around the same prices. I still think it is somewhat expensive, but when you compare the quality of ingredients to other similar priced protein this is a much better value. You seem to get what you pay for and not short-changed with brown-rice protein and less grams of protein per serving.

Overall (9.1/10): *** I love this protein, I got me one tube of double chocolate cookie and a bag of Strawberry shortcake. I am not disappointed and I will be buying this again. My wife and I are both drinking this protein and this is something I have never done. I could not get her to drink protein because she did not like the texture, taste and smell, but this one hands down, is the best./ You get a great proflie, maybe short on amino acids, but it makes up with the full 5grams of creatine and betaine. It tastes, mixes great and its simply top quality. From all of products, this one is my favorite and I recommended this 100%.

Pros:
Cons:
  • 5g Of Creatine
  • Mixes Great
  • Excellent Texture
  • Taste. Unreal
  • Good Recovery
  • Gains In Muscle
  • 65% Protein

Posted April 21, 2013
Excellent review Chichi, glad to hear you (and your wife) enjoyed it so much!

I seriously have to get around to this almond milk stuff sometime soon, I've been hearing from far too many people that Pro-Antium + Almond Milk = delicious-ness.

Posted April 21, 2013
This is my favorite blend, I liked this much more than Pro Complex. I wish it had more Aminos though. Agree with the taste, after chocolate and vanilla i was a little disappointed with the strawberry shortcake

Posted April 21, 2013
Oh.My.God. That's all I have to say about the taste. I mean seriously, Oh.My.God.

Posted April 21, 2013
I just noticed that you rated value 8.5 in the body of your review but 7 at the top?

Posted April 21, 2013
Lol I completely missed that. I stick to the 8.5 value it is a pretty ***in awesome protejn

Posted April 22, 2013
Haha Bro, just read your samuel L Jackson line... your review is going on our bb.com product page!

Frankiemusc

Excellent protein choice, no results from creatine though...

Here is my review for RCSS Pro-Antium protein. I have read a ton of rave reviews about this product, so I had to try it for myself.

GNC was running a discount, bogo 50% off, for the entire RCSS line and I happily picked up 2-5lb tubs of the vanilla wafer flavor, plus some Resurrect-PM.

Profile 9/10:

Not going to get in to the extreme specifics, the previous reviewers and ER's have already done a great job in that area.

29 grams of protein per serving, nice!!! It's a protein blend, which I am a huge fan.

Whey Isolate, micellar casein, egg as well as whey concentrate.

A bonus is 5 grams of creatine, which I have some negative comments below about.

Dosing 10/10:

I took two scoops of this per day, one immediately post workout, the other mid-afternoon. Simple, one scoop is 29 grams.

Mixability 9/10:

With 10lbs or protein, it could get pretty boring, so I mixed it up and used several types of liquid: almond milk, skim milk, whole milk, Gatorade pre-made , Gatorade powder

The heavier the liquid (whole milk, almond milk),
the more thick the protein mixture was, so I added another few ounces and it was good to go.

With the above adjustments, it mixed great.

Taste 9/10:

One of the best tasting proteins I have tasted, and I have tried dozens.

Not going into specific detail but my favorite was mixing it with Gatorade powder or straight up Gatorade. Orange and Fruit punch to be exact and it was like a frozen creamsicle bar taste, just amazing.

Water was very good tasting as well and of course with whole milk was heavenly.

The bits vanilla wafer goodness are a great bonus.

Effectiveness- challenging to rate:

It's a protein blend, used in addition to your high protein diet to ensure you're getting enough protein per day while working out.

Value 7/10:

For me the value was amazing, but to gauge realistic prices, it runs about $50 for 5lbs. A bit steep for me at $1 per serving .

My creatine issue:

I have used all sorts of creatine in the past and I haven't used anywhere close to 10grams per day in quite some time, probably several years, maybe more.

In the past I have always responded to creatine, whether mono, chelate, creapure or kre-alkalyn. I have always put on water weight or weight in general, at least 5-10lbs over the course of 45 days.

Now at 10 grams of creatine per day and using 2-5lb tubs back to back, I gained zero weight. My weight was exactly the same at the end of the second tub as it was when I took that first serving.

This was extremely odd for me, based on my past experience with creatine. I was always responded well, regardless of the form.

Side Effects-None:

No stomach issues to report at all

Overall 8/10:

I will definitely be buying this product again in the future, more than likely trying a different flavor. Love the protein blend and love the fact you get 29 grams of protein per serving. The main issue for me was the ineffectiveness of the creatine, which is baffling to me.

Pros:
Cons:
  • Excellent Texture
  • Mixes Great
  • Taste. Unreal
  • Creatine Ineffective

Posted November 15, 2013
For those that love Resurrect PM, GNC has the original product, discounted in stores for $26.

Just picked up a few tubs on lunch.

Posted November 15, 2013
Great review man, still a head scratcher about the creatine but glad you enjoyed it otherwise.

And we're going to bump the protein content up to 30g hahah 1g more worth of gainz in every scoop.

@joeflah thanks man

Brotein

Posted November 15, 2013
I agree Frankie, the vanilla mixed with any kind of fruity powder is money. Nice review

Posted November 15, 2013
Agreed man, I love this profile but the creatine also did nothing for me.

Posted November 16, 2013
Awesome review man, and BAM I just tipped you to 1000 rep, congrats on that too :D

@musclecow thanks dude

Appreciate the posts of deals and coupons....I have ordered many

Posted November 16, 2013
Garlick +repped my review!!

Feels like Christmas morning today.......

Your "one scoop a day whey"

Their are many great reviews of this protein and it will be difficult to build upon them and shed new light for this product. Though I enjoyed it so much, that I felt inclined to review it anyway. I purchased my first tub on my own and still have a second in the wood works from JoeFlah, and the RCSS team. Much appreciated fellas, your certainy a top shell company who keep the customer the priority. We all know in the supplement industry," you can pay for school but ya cant buy class"

This was the only supplement I utilized over the course of fifty days. I was even removed from the use of creatine for well over a month as well. Which I believe will enable me to give a fair assessment of this product without bias and will be able to attribute any positives recieved by this protein.
Feel me?

Ingredients... 9
All of the previous reviews list them in depth. I'll list the ones that's really mattered for me.
29 grams protein
5 grams creatine mono
2.5 grams betaine
13.5 grams EAA

This lineup is what really inclined me to write this review. This really is your one SCOOP a day whey. . I loved the convenience of taking a single scoop and knowing that im getting exactly what i need for my workouts and daily rquirement of creatine. If I may add, I really enjoyed the handling and location of the scooper. Everyone should know by now how crucial that is.." And if ya don't know, now ya know " itches.

Taste 10
I had the chocolate
The most delicious flavored whey protein I have ever tasted. I would throw this in the magic bullet with ice, skim milk and a banana... straight banging..Buff said..
*edit* Nuff

Side effects 9
Absolutely none, never gave me any stomach discomfort or poor mix ability issues.

Effectiveness 9
Now this is where things got interesting. Like I stated earlier , I had been cycled off creatine for around six weeks. I lost my typical 4-5 pounds and slight strength imcrease that I always get on creatine. Now in to the third week of taking pro-antium, got my size back. Not only that but I finally got a p.r on my bench that I've been stuck in a stale-mate for some time. Was it anything to write home about? For y'all, prolly not but I broke my plateau of 5 reps of 305 and got it to 7.

Value 8
Yeah it's 50 balls for a tub. You want results? Stop begging and cough up the buck per SCOOP..

Conclusion
In my opinion this is the best protein. For what it offers in taste, effectiveness , ingredients. Best of da best right hur..

Pros:
Cons:
  • Taste. Unreal
  • Effective
  • Excellent Texture
  • Mixes Great
  • 5g Of Creatine
  • Strength Gains

tiktik

Posted April 2, 2014
Was this scoop rounded or heaping BB

kris65

Posted April 4, 2014
Buff! Glad to see your still around brother.

Posted April 5, 2014
Great review Buff, glad to see it worked well for you in terms of taste a strength gains my man

line6reed

Chocolate party in my mouth

Big thanks to Joeflah13 and the Ronnie Coleman Signature Series crew for sending me out me out 4 bags of this delicious protein through the ER program. When the RCCS line first hit the scene I must admit that I was a non believer in the hype behind this product line. I felt like dudes were only showing the RCCS line love because 8x Mr. Olympia himself was a part of supplementreviews.com well I was wrong Pro-Antiumm is legit.

Taste:100/10
The only flavor that I have used of Pro-Antium is double chocolate cookie and yes it taste just like that. Upon my first sip of Pro-Antium I had to check the label to make sure that It was protein I was drinking and not brownie mix. The taste blew my mind to the point I made my 7 year old son take a drank of it, Like myself he thought it was a brownie/cake mix. So the taste is a very rich creamy chocolate flavor but it doesn't stop there then you get a mouth full of delightful little pieces of cookies. Now I know a lot of guys say taste don't matter to them well too me taste matters and Pro-Antium is one of the few protein shakes I have had that I had to stop myself from drinking just to drank.

As we all know protein is a hard supplement to rate in the effectiveness category simply because its something you cant really feel working. The biggest plus in effectiveness for me is not having protein farts this protein didn't give me no stomach issues at all and there was some days I would drink 2 or 3 shakes. As far as recovery I didn't see any difference than I do with any other quality protein source I have taking, but with such an amazing profile it would be hard not to think that this protein does more than the competitors.

Dosing:10/10
It is recommended that you take 1-2 scoops of Pro-Antium each day with one of the servings being post workout. As for myself I,m not one of those guys that believe in drinking a protein shake immediately post workout, the last thing I wanna do after working out is drink a shake. I just pop a pack of Animal nitro post workout and call it a day. The way I dose Pro-Antium is a 1 scoop shake between meals. Even though I love the taste of this protein I am not a fan of consuming most of my protein from shakes, whole foods right hear buddy.

Value:8/10
Yes this protein is a little on the expensive side but who cares between the taste and amazing profile you are getting more than your moneys worth. A 4.74lbs 50 serving container will run you roughly $53 at most places which is roughly $1.06 I personally would like to see more servings in a container I'm not a huge fan of paying $1.00 per serving for anything but I will continue for this.

Overall:8/10
This is a top notch protein that shouldn't be over looked. There is no hype when it comes to this protein the boys at RCCS line has set the standard when it comes to protein. Don't be a fool like I was and think this product is all hype because you will only be doing your taste buds and body a disservice.

Posted September 25, 2013
Great review, but that has to be the dirtiest sounding headline on this site

Posted September 25, 2013
Thanks for doing the review bro and really glad you liked it. Keep training hard!

@ the TITLE.
Thats what she said. lol

Posted September 25, 2013
No better way to sum it up than you did with the title bro hahahaha

Glad you loved the taste, brownie cake mix is DEFINITELY a proper taste comparison. I've been trying to figure that out for weeks now lol.

TigerJT

Posted September 25, 2013
As always a great review Breed! Chocolate Party!

Posted September 26, 2013
With that ending, why do I imagine Rikki playing Clubber Lang in Rockey and saying "I pity the fool that don't take Pro-Antium..."

Posted September 26, 2013
HAHAH LAVA

lava135

Impressive. Superior Performance and Unreal Taste.

First off a big thanks to the RCSS guys – Big Ron, Derrick, and Joe for sending me a care package that included Double Chocolate Cookie Pro-Antium. You guys rock – not because you sent me stuff; lots of companies do that, but because you sent me stuff that was worth having. And that's basically what this is – a protein that's worth having. I was also surprised that we only have one other ER review on this – send more!!! (jk, but no really – send more!!!)

Profile: 8.5/10
Serving size: 44g
Servings per Container: 50
Calories: 192 Protein: 29 Carbs: 10 Fats: 4g

I'll steal the ingredients from ChiChi's review because he did such a great job of listing them. But basically we have a pretty solid blend of 7 fast, medium and slow proteins, carbs and fats with some goodies like creatine, aminos, and betaine thrown into the mix – I especially like the addition of betaine, which I've supplemented with in the past. All in all a great formula for growth and recovery.

Coleman Suspension Matrix (Glucose Polymers, Inulin, Xanthan Gum, Cellulose Gum, Carrageenan), Creatine Monohydrate, Natural and Artificial Flavors, Citric Acid, Sea Salt, Acesulfame Potassium, Sucralose.

Overall this is a well rounded protein supplement with almost no fillers that's developed by a guy who, as he says, "knows a thing or two about protein". And I will freely admit that the reputation of Ronnie Coleman was a factor in how I approached this. RCSS is his company; he's not just another front man whose picture is on the label, and that holds weight in my mind. And no, I'm not going all "fanboy" on my reviews – if it was garbage I would have no problem saying so even though technically Big Ron knows where I live. :)

It's also worth noting that in the past I've been critical of blends that have too many different proteins in too small amounts – and my previous experience with such blends has been unremarkable. So I was probably biased against this aspect of Pro Antium to start. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

In any case this has a solid macro and amino profile. The aminos are a bit less than say, Muscle Feast Premium (understandable due to the differences in formula but still surprisingly close in many aminos) but superior to a lot of the typical blends out there – which leads me to the fact that I appreciate that RCSS has enough confidence to still put the amino profile out there – you can't find an amino profile of some of his competitors brands to save your life.
So all in all – a solid blended profile. I would love to see Astrigin added to this like it is with other RCSS products; however, I also take Astrigin caps so it's not a big deal.

Taste & Mixing: 11/10
If Jesus drinks protein post-workout, then he must drink Pro-Antium cuz it tastes that good. Seriously after the fitst taste I was like, Oh.My.God. I had the chocolate and I have to say that I almost always prefer vanilla, so I was like, damn, I really wanted to try the vanilla. But this was just incredible. I'm not joking here – at one point my protein Nazi girlfriend had to hide it to keep me from drinking it all day long.

I mixed this using a shaker cup and used it in milk, water or coconut milk and it was smooth and creamy regardless of what I mixed it in – although obviously the coconut milk was the creamiest. No major clumping issues or grittiness.

Please take my hyperbole about taste with a grain of salt as I normally use unflavored protein, so taste is the least of my concerns, but this is without a doubt the best tasting protein I have tried. Ever. Seriously, if hitting your macro numbers is a problem; this is the quickest and pleasant way I can think of to consume massive amounts of protein. (Since you know, grilling steaks takes time...)

And for those of you that might say, well if you add candy or cookies into it, of course it will taste good I have two words for you: Ultimate Flurry. (One of the worst tasting and mixing proteins that I've ever been suckered into trying)

Effectiveness: 9.8/10
Although I am in the minority, I do think you can judge a protein's effectiveness (at least anecdotally). Although this is just my personal opinion and I absolutely realize that I could be wrong, but certain proteins just seem to make a difference for me. Maybe it's my training style or just a normal physiological thing, but I've been using pure isolates for so long that I think the change to more balanced blends has benefited me tremendously. (I first saw this with my use of 360Post and Pro-Antium had continued the trend.) . And just to clarify, that's my PERSONAL experience; it's not intended as a blanket statement. I also have a robust diet and recovery supplements so I'm only able to judge recovery if it falls off. In this case it did not.

Sure, there's the standard disclaimer that protein is protein, which I mostly agree with. And within the context of just whey protein I still think it comes down to a purity/macro issue first and foremost. But these recovery blends are yielding greater benefits both to my strength and body composition than I saw with just high protein, minimal carb, zero fat blends. Take it for what it's worth.

Value: 8.75/10
You can find it online for right around $50.00. So that's like $1.00 per serving for a high quality blend. So I rate this pretty high on the value. Right now GNC has it for $47.99 plus $1.00 shipping so that's like $3-4 dollars more than the lower quality blends out there. And sure, you get 70+ servings with them, right? Well look at the protein content – they average 21g of protein whereas this has 29g, so when you do the math, you end up at exactly the same place with inferior ingredients. And like Chichi said, when you compare it the price of other blends that sell for $60+, well, it's a no brainer compared to those.

Overall: 9.5/10
Don't get me wrong, this isn't the second coming of Jesus, but damn, the last two proteins that I've reviewed have really changed how I think about things. I'll still say that none of them are magical, but I will say that for me, switching to more complete post workout macro consumption (high carbs/medium - high protein/low-medium fat) has really made a difference in my strength training.

Interestingly enough, on CBL, this also makes a great nighttime protein with the addition of some simple carbs and milk and no additional fat).

I'm rating this so highly because while I agree there are no "perfect" protein supplements out there, there are some that perfectly match my needs/goals and this is one of them. Now if only GNC can get it off of **&$*^@ backorder, I can have some more soon!!!!

Final note for those of you who might comment that I'm turning into a "fanboy" with my high ratings as of late, fear not; I have some reviews of pretty bad products still in the hamper, lol.

Pros:
Cons:
  • Taste. Unreal
  • Good Recovery
  • Gains In Muscle
  • Betaine
  • Strength Gains
  • Mixes Great

Posted June 3, 2013
    Standing ovation my friend, excellent review! I'm really glad you enjoyed Pro Antium so much, and I definitely agree with you when you say a more complete blend of protein postworkout can be beneficial. I feel the same way since I've been using it, and like you said it works in perfectly on backloads.

There's a lack of reviews for this because some of the ERs reviewed it as part of the legend stack. But we'd love to get more up, and I'm sure most people will be just as impressed as you!

I SERIOUSLY need to try that coconut milk idea too, I'm slackin!

Posted June 3, 2013
    Great Review man. I am loving this stuff.

Posted June 3, 2013
    I appreciate such a detailed and thorough review Lava, good job man!

Would you say this works better for recovery post workout than other supps such as Aftershock or Recovery 2:1:1?

Maxima

Great review Lava!

Just don't understand why enriched flour would be in the ingredient profile.

I refrain from eating foods with enriched flour and was really looking into trying this protein out based on your review :(

Posted June 3, 2013
    It's in the cookie pieces, not added as a separate ingredient

Posted June 4, 2013
    excellent review bro. I am also pretty ***in ***ed GNC does not have this *** in stock, but Lockout carries it now so we should get it there for cheap too, but I know that only free can beat $1 shipping lol

Posted June 4, 2013
    This stuff is too expensive for the amount of servings you get. Good review though, if they drop the price by at least 30% then Id give it a try

Posted June 4, 2013
    Allstarhealth has it for the same price as Lockout and I can always add something to give me free shipping. Since they ship out of NC, if I order by this evening, its on my porch tomorrow, lol.

deumcole

Posted June 4, 2013
    Who grills steak? I just eat it raw, sometimes right off the cow.

Posted June 4, 2013
    Cole you are what you eat ;)

chefneilde

great review - fanboy
    I'm going to check this out. thanks

Posted June 5, 2013
    Dang! Great review here Lava. I appreciate it and it is great to know that I am providing the kind of products that you guys want. I'll try to keep it up. GNC will be back in stock soon... I took care of it ;)

Solid all-around idea, but I do have a bone to pick.

I figured after going through four bags of RCCS Pro-Antium that I would drop a quick review on my experiences. This protein was purchased by myself and I was fairly pleased with the experience but I do have one sort of indirect gripe with this profile.

-----------------Profile (7/10)-------------------

-----------------Profile (7/10)-------------------

Upon first glance I immediately thought of Optimum Hydrobuilder. It is structured similarly with protein blends, betaine, and creatine in the profile. Upon comparing, however, I found myself wondering why Pro-Antium has a 44g serving and Hydrobuilder has a 52g serving. I did the math on Hydro first and everything matched, 30g protein, 2.5g fat, 8g carbs, 2.5g betaine, 5 g creatine, 2g amino acid matrix equals 50g plus the little extras. Makes sense right? Well Pro-Antium with a supposed similar profile has a serving of 44g consisting of 29g protein, 4g fat, 10g carbs...wait that's 43g already and we haven't even gotten to 5g creatine and 2.5 grams of betaine??? My only conclusion is that either the printed serving size is wrong or that they just consider 2.5g betaine and 5g of creatine to be part of the 29g protein. And all of those BCAA's and EAA's? Part of the protein count too. And while those might be technically accurate I hate when you start thinking that there were extras added in when really those were part of the profile already.

Now that I am past that little observation, on to the rest.

---------------Effectiveness (7/10)---------------

Due to getting (what I thought) was 29 grams of protein per scoop, I only took 1 scoop of Pro-Antium post workout because I am not really trying to bulk or cut at the moment, just regain strength and recover. I believe that this product did its job in that regard. Nothing spectacular or flashy obviously.

Now one thing with me is that if it isn't straight isolate, I am gonna have protein farts...no matter what and this was no exception. I took Genomyx Gut Health starting about 2 bags in and it helped a little, but not a lot.

------------Taste/Mix-Ability (7.5/10)------------

I tried 3 different flavors of this. The vanilla by far being the best. The vanilla was absolutely impeccable both in water and in milk, just straight up delicious and the cookie bits were awesome. The chocolate was a little bit more toned down to average. I am a bigger chocolate fan so I have tried a lot of proteins in the chocolate form. I have had quite a few that simply tasted better but this was by no means a bad tasting one...just average. The strawberry, however, fell short for me. It just lacked overall taste. The only part that really tasted like strawberry was the itty bitty cookie bits, the rest just pretty much tasted like nothing.

The mix-ability of all three flavors was fairly good. Just keep in mind with the egg albumen and casein protein you will just need a little more liquid in general to keep it from getting too thick. And definitely more milk than water or else its like waiting for ketchup to come out of a glass bottle for that last little bit of shake.

------------------Value(6.5/10)-------------------

Make no mistake, no "good" protein these days is cheap and this one is no exception. I bought four 12 serving bags on sale for about 12 bucks each on clearance at GNC. Online you will pay anywhere from 1.20 -2.00 per serving which is starting to get up there. This along with my questions about the profile make me rate the overall value a little below average.

-----------------Overall (7/10)-----------------

Overall for me, this is a middle of the road protein. I like the idea behind it and I actually enjoyed using it more than Hydrobuilder in terms of taste, mix-ability, and it was fairly price competitive with that. I just hope RCCS can clean up the profile issues, maybe add a little more MCT's, and up the protein count to a true 29-30 gram amount.

Pros:
    Cons:
    • Excellent Texture
    • 5g Of Creatine
    • Betaine
    • A Little Pricey
    • Ambiguous Profile

Posted December 1, 2013
    Honestly, this stuff is hugely overrated. I got some from a contest and the ingredients baffled me. Now this sparked my beef, see below:

PER serving, there is 5 grams of GLYCINE, total BCAA content is only 3.41 grams in an apparent 29g protein scoop... good quality protein has 20-25% BCAA content which would be 5.8 to 7.25 grams in 29 grams of protein. ALSO, it has 2.5 grams of Selenocysteine per serving, which is NOT naturally occurring in proteins... it is a synthetic amino acid (non-proteinogenic or non-standard).

So, they most definitely count the creatine and betaine into the 29 grams of 'protein'. You better not be counting macros with this, because you are really only getting 15 to 16 grams of ACTUAL protein, not 29 grams.

Here is a breakdown of what is probably added to make the '29g' of protein:
    15g actual protein
    5g creatine
    2.5g betaine
    2.5g Selenocysteine
    4g glycine
    =29g

Posted December 1, 2013
    Great eye-opening review. We need more reviews that point stuff like this out. Really appreciate your input!

Posted December 2, 2013
    Good honest review Flash, I tried a 5lb tub out and honestly found nothing special that others were raving about. Even got a bit weaker in my lifts since I stopped supplementing my usual creatine since this comes with 5g/scoop. Cheap creatine or really underdosed is what I felt.

@MuscleCow- Damn, just studied the label and you were spot on. They are amino-spiking. Thanks for the heads up man, never trying this brand out again.

Posted December 2, 2013
    Hey bro, just answered this in the forum. It was a label misprint on our part. I had less protein in the original formula but decided to up at the last minute and we printed labels with the old profiles. Mistake on our part but the new labels will have accurate info. we had it tested too and it passed with everything that it says on the label.

Posted December 2, 2013
    Awesome. Thanks for clearing that up Big Ron.

Meuth

Posted December 2, 2013
    That's good stuff when Ron comes in with a clarification!

Posted December 3, 2013
    Nice review Flash this isn't the first time our labeling has gotten screwed up. I've spotted some funky stuff on our Myo Blitz label before lol

But its good that you're looking for things like this.

Glad Big Ron himself could lay down the truth and clear up the b.s. amino spiking allegations. Marc Lobliner, the guy who brought this whole amino spiking thing to light, had Pro Antium independently tested and it was spot on on all label claims.

Clipper83

Over-The-Top

A big shout out to Joeflah and RCSS for sending me 4 bags of this to try. There is really nothing I can say here that hasn't already been said. Either way, I'll keep this short.

RCSS has taken the supplement industry by storm. It has certainly gotten some very good feedback from SR.com, and it's about to get some very good feedback from me.

Profile:

It's a blend of different proteins, including whey isolate, micellar casein, egg, and whey concentrate. There are a few others too.

29g Protein
    5g creatine
    2.5g betaine
    3.5g bcaa
    1g sugar

I like the amount of protein in there, and the low sugar. The betaine is a nice touch. The only problem I have is with the creatine. Pretty much everybody supplements with creatine anyway, and I personally don't like getting more than 5-10g of creatine per day. This limits my possible intake of this to 2 scoops a day. With how good this tastes, it could easily be at 4 servings a day haha.

Taste:(10+/10)

I pretty much give 10+ to any protein powder that just stands out to me as being "over-the-top" delicious. Before Pro-Antium, OEProtein was my favorite vanilla flavored protein powder. Pro-Antium went above and beyond and the taste just blew my mind. It's hard for me to describe the taste of many products for some reason, but "amazing" is the only thing I can come up with here. The bits of cookies are a great touch. I can't wait to try every flavor.

Mix.:(9/10)

I got a little clump every once in a while if I didn't shake it long enough, other than that, no problems.

Effectiveness:(9/10)

*cricket cricket*... It's protein....

This is the only protein I could actually complain about. The creatine part didn't seem to help me. Then again, it didn't hinder me in any way, so I decided to just go with my usual "9' rating. No stomach issues to report.

Value:(9.5/10)

Around $50 for 50 servings. Very good deal IMO. It's actually worth being a staple at that price.

Overall:(9.25/10)

I am very thankful I got to run this. Pro-Antium is an awesome tasting protein powder than will always be a consideration when I'm shopping for some protein powder. Even my mom liked it! Either way, I HIGHLY recommend trying this out, it's worth every penny.

Posted October 3, 2013
    thanks for the review bro.

- Big Ron

Clipper83

Thanks for the 4 bags !

Great review as always Clippy

Meuth

I need some of this!

Posted October 3, 2013
    Maybe RCSS would consider lowering the creatine per scoop or dropping it all together.

If it had no creatine it could definetly be a staple, I understand throwing it in to say it has it but like you said it limits the possible intake.

Posted October 4, 2013
    I agree the creatine is the only reason I wanna switch proteins. This is my favorite protein but I don't like taking too much creatine

Manimal

Light weight baybayyyyy

I received several small bags of this a while back from the ER program. So obviously, the shout out goes to the king, Ronnie Coleman for being a part of our forum here and hooking us up. This is protein so I'm not gonna spend too much time here, as I consider protein just a food supplement to fill in the gaps where you are missing protein in your diet. But I will give Ronnie his dues here.

The profile: 7/10
    Pro Antium is a blend, yielding whey concentrate, milk protein isolate, whey isolate, whey hydrolisate, Miscellar casein, Egg albumin, and calcium caseinates (listed in order of abundance). You get some of the higher end as well as the lower end types of protein. The difference in these are typically negligent but worth sharing. You also get 5g of good ol creatine monohydrate, some MCTs, and Betaine. The amino acid profile is on par as well, here.

My thoughts on this: I do like the fact that I can have a scoop of this and my daily creatine intake is hit. However, this can yield a small issue if you are consuming more than one scoop a day. You only need 3-5g of creatine mono a day to reap the benefits so my daily use with this is limited, where as with a creatine-free protein, I can throw in two scoops to make a thicker smoothie or a bigger serving in general. This is also a higher calorie formula, bringing 192 kcals, 4g of fat, 10g of carbs, and 29g of protein. I wouldn't deem this optimal for the competitive bodybuilder on poverty macros and a large caloric deficit. But for most, this is a pretty reasonable profile.

Taste/mixability: 9/10
    As most have stated, Ronnie pretty much nailed the taste with this. I got the vanilla wafer crisp and I enjoy it, although I can't remember the last time I actually mixed protein powder in water so I can't say for that aspect. I usually make a whey sludge or a smoothie.

You'll find that a tub of this protein runs you in the 50-60 dollar range in most places, yielding 50 servings per tub. I suppose if you are to take a serving a day (which I'm held to do with the creatine content), it would last you 50 days. I don't see a high value here though since creatine mono is dirt cheap. It's not a rip-off by any means and could certainly fit in most peoples' budget. I would something like this to be a bit lower on the price range to be competitive for my purchase though.

Ronnie, I love your protein but I'd like to see it without creatine and a bit of a lower price to earn a higher rating. With that said, I do enjoy it and I will try it out again sometime in the future. I'd recommend this protein to anyone who likes the higher calorie content and typically doesn't use much protein powder (unlike myself). If you are in that category and don't like buying creatine separate, certainly give this a go as you will enjoy the taste and get a quality blend of proteins and creatine.

Pros:
    Cons:
    • Amino Acid Profile
    • Creamy Texture
    • Good Protein Blend

Posted January 17, 2014
    Very solid review! I'm of the same opinion regarding the inclusion of creatine in the mix...I'd like to dose it apart from my protein.

Posted January 17, 2014
    The same issue I had was the creatine as you said.

Samazon

Posted January 18, 2014
    whoops, hit 'no' by accident- your review was unbiased...thanks!

Posted January 19, 2014
    Great review man, the creatine is the main mention most people make in regards to what they want changed in the product. Its definitely being considered.

I found this protein to be effective for me

Ok so this will be my first of many reviews to come for the Ronnie Coleman Signature Series.
    I bought a tub of the Double Chocolate Cookie when it first came out. The whole reason I bought it to be honest was for the contest but it had a decent profile as well. I feel that Big Ron took a big risk to his reputation when he put out this line and so far I am not one bit disappointed with any of the products.

Quick Ingredient Overview:
    -196 Calories
    -4.5g Fat
    -9g Carbs
    -29g of Protein
    -13.5g EAAs
    -5g Creatine Mono
    -2.5g Betaine

The proteins are Whey Protein Concentrate, Milk Protein Isolate, Whey Protein Isolate, Whey Protein Hydrolisate, Micellar Casein, Egg Albumin, Calcium Caseinate Which I believe is a fairly solid blend

Taste Mixability: 15/10

I have no clue how they did it, but this is hands down the best tasting protein I have ever drank ever. Its a creamy rich choclate flavor, it is incredible. I had the Choclate flavor and that one is like I said delicious, I did try a sample of Strawberry Shortcake and that one was alright. Mixability is on point in both water and milk. No clumping just cookie pieces.

I found this protein to be effective for me. I had no digestive issues with this which can sometimes be an issue with protein blends. I felt that this also helped with recovery and that I had some strength and size gains which my be due to the creatine in the product

I got this at GNC for 60$ which isnt too bad for a 50 serving tub of a protein blend. Now you can get 50 servings for about 54.99 before shipping so it is still around 60$ so its not too bad but not cheap either.

Side Effects: 10/10

I had no sides when using this

Overall I feel that this is a top of the line product from a company that is gaining so respect in the supplement industry. Top to bottom this protein was pretty solid, could have had more aminos but still a quality product. I strongly urge the willing to tr this protein, I promise you wont be disappointed. I would buy this again and in fact I just did considering it is 51.99 at GNC right now and I got a free RCSS Creatine-XS 60 serving free. I didnt win the contest though but I did get an autographed photo.

Pros:
    Cons:
    • Taste. Unreal

Posted April 3, 2013
    Nice review, I got a sample of the strawberry short cake and I agree, it was meh

Posted April 3, 2013
    I forgot to mention that I think the RCSS has some of the best looking packaging

workoutguru

Posted April 3, 2013
    I got to try a sample of the strawberry shortcake. It was ok but it seemed liked it did not want mix up real well in water.

Posted April 3, 2013
    Yea I felt the Strawberry Shortcake was to much shortcake and not enough strawberry