Ronnie Coleman Signature Series Pro-Antium

Pro-Antium Ronnie Coleman Signature Series
Expert Rating:
User Rating: (25 Reviews)

Review Authenticity: 100% (Well Trusted)

Video Review

Compare Similar Products:

Users who liked this product also liked:

iSatori Bio Gro Reviews
Bio Gro (20 Reviews)
Dymatize Elite Whey Reviews
Elite Whey (71 Reviews)
Cellucor COR Performance Whey Reviews
COR Performance Whey (32 Reviews)
Quest Protein Bars Reviews
Protein Bars (22 Reviews)

Products in the same category:

Optimum Pro Complex Reviews
Pro Complex (106 Reviews)
9.3
MuscleTech Nitro-Tech Hardcore Reviews
Nitro-Tech Hardcore (66 Reviews)
5.9
MuscleMeds Carnivor Reviews
Carnivor (55 Reviews)
Dymatize Elite Gourmet Protein Reviews
Elite Gourmet Protein (31 Reviews)

Related Forum Topics

VonBoom's Iron-Wrecking Pro-Antium/Amino-Tone/Myo-Blitz Log
Welcome to the brand new VonBoom log! During this cycle, Ill be throwing down...

Serious question about Pro-Antium ingredients
Hey guys, So Flash just posted up a review for this, and it sparked my fuse to ...

Stack3d Protein Wars Round 2: Vote for Pro-Antium!
Stack3d.com is continuing it's "Protein Wars" to determine the be...

Ronnie Coleman Pro-Antium at gnc CHEAP
I don't have a goLd card but if your on their monthly email list they send ...

Pro-Antium is battle tested approved!
Video link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGRipCd2IpA Pro Antium has beat a l...

Get Involved!

Confused about Supplements?

FREE 7-Day Supplement Crash Course:

Description

Pro-Antium Nutritional Info and Supplement Facts on:
    Links open in new window
    Pro-Antium Reviews:
    Pros:
    Cons:
    • Taste. Unreal (19)
    • Good Recovery (17)
    • Betaine (16)
    • Strength Gains (14)
    • A Little Pricey (12)
    • Would Like A Creatine Free Version (4)
    • 65% Protein (2)
    • Creatine Ineffective (1)
    January 17, 2014

Manimal

Reviews: 55

Age: 23

January 17, 2014
    Light weight baybayyyyy

I received several small bags of this a while back from the ER program. So obviously, the shout out goes to the king, Ronnie Coleman for being a part of our forum here and hooking us up. This is protein so I'm not gonna spend too much time here, as I consider protein just a food supplement to fill in the gaps where you are missing protein in your diet. But I will give Ronnie his dues here.

The profile: 7/10
    Pro Antium is a blend, yielding whey concentrate, milk protein isolate, whey isolate, whey hydrolisate, Miscellar casein, Egg albumin, and calcium caseinates (listed in order of abundance). You get some of the higher end as well as the lower end types of protein. The difference in these are typically negligent but worth sharing. You also get 5g of good ol creatine monohydrate, some MCTs, and Betaine. The amino acid profile is on par as well, here.

My thoughts on this: I do like the fact that I can have a scoop of this and my daily creatine intake is hit. However, this can yield a small issue if you are consuming more than one scoop a day. You only need 3-5g of creatine mono a day to reap the benefits so my daily use with this is limited, where as with a creatine-free protein, I can throw in two scoops to make a thicker smoothie or a bigger serving in general. This is also a higher calorie formula, bringing 192 kcals, 4g of fat, 10g of carbs, and 29g of protein. I wouldn't deem this optimal for the competitive bodybuilder on poverty macros and a large caloric deficit. But for most, this is a pretty reasonable profile.

Taste/mixability: 9/10
    As most have stated, Ronnie pretty much nailed the taste with this. I got the vanilla wafer crisp and I enjoy it, although I can't remember the last time I actually mixed protein powder in water so I can't say for that aspect. I usually make a whey sludge or a smoothie.

You'll find that a tub of this protein runs you in the 50-60 dollar range in most places, yielding 50 servings per tub. I suppose if you are to take a serving a day (which I'm held to do with the creatine content), it would last you 50 days. I don't see a high value here though since creatine mono is dirt cheap. It's not a rip-off by any means and could certainly fit in most peoples' budget. I would something like this to be a bit lower on the price range to be competitive for my purchase though.

Ronnie, I love your protein but I'd like to see it without creatine and a bit of a lower price to earn a higher rating. With that said, I do enjoy it and I will try it out again sometime in the future. I'd recommend this protein to anyone who likes the higher calorie content and typically doesn't use much protein powder (unlike myself). If you are in that category and don't like buying creatine separate, certainly give this a go as you will enjoy the taste and get a quality blend of proteins and creatine.
    Pros:
    Cons:
    • Amino Acid Profile
    • Creamy Texture
    • Good Protein Blend

Joined: 7/2012
    Reputation: +11
    Very solid review! I'm of the same opinion regarding the inclusion of creatine in the mix...I'd like to dose it apart from my protein.

Reputation: +2483
    The same issue I had was the creatine as you said.

Samazon
    Samazon

Joined: 5/2010
    Reviews: 18
    Reputation: +308
    whoops, hit 'no' by accident- your review was unbiased...thanks!

Reputation: +1254
    Great review man, the creatine is the main mention most people make in regards to what they want changed in the product. Its definitely being considered.

October 29, 2013

IamAlex

Reviews: 20

Age: 24

October 29, 2013
    Fit for a (or THE) KING!

There has never been an experience that has given me such a warm and fuzzy feeling since I received my box of goodies from Mr. Coleman's supplement line. Many thanks to big Ron for this opportunity!

This particular product no doubt took the cake for me out of all the supplements I received.

EFFECTIVENESS/PROFILE - 9.0

This protein really covers the bases, from the blend of different proteins, the creatine, the betaine, etc. This is what a protein supplement should be.

I used it for my post workout shake, between meals, upon waking, and whenever else I needed help to meet my protein intake goals. It served it's purpose beautifully. I particularly enjoyed it's low sugar content and it being aspartame free. Oh, and it's got chunks of cookie in it... Cookies are good.

TASTE- 10.0

Put simply, the Double Chocolate Cookie is the best tasting protein I've ever had. Enough said.

Mixability- 8.5

As long as I had my Blender Bottle, it was great. Spoon stirring was a little bit difficult, but not a deal breaker by any means...

VALUE- 7.0

Ouchy. This stuff is pricey. But, I'm a huge believer in that you get what you pay for.

Expensive? Yes. Quality product? Yes. Therefore it is easily worth the money, making it a good value (in my book anyways).

OVERALL- 9.0

I've been using this for about 6 months now, and I'm not planning on changing my protein anytime soon. It suits my needs, it tastes fantastic, and I haven't gotten tired of it.

I was indeed a skeptic of the whole Ronnie Coleman line. I kind of felt it was going to be along the lines of Muscletech... I am no longer a skeptic. This protein shines like a diamond in today's market littered with companies trying to sell what is a lousy excuse for a protein supplement. Not this though. This is worth your hard earned money.
    Pros:
    Cons:
    • Fabulous Taste
    • Effective
    • Solid Profile
    • Betaine

Joined: 7/2012
      Reputation: +11
      I loved this protein as well. I would like to see it creatine-free buts it still amazing. But did this also seem to be the thickest protein you've tried? Regardless of what I used to mix it with, it stayed super thick. But its in my top 3 proteins for sure.

Reputation: +3568
      Excellent review. I agree totally about RCSS proteins - I've switched to Pro-Antium and IsoTropic and haven't regretted it even a little.

Reputation: +43
      Thanks for the review Alex. Protein pricing is tough these days but we do our best to keep the cost as low as we can.

Great review Alex, Thanks for the feedback

workoutguru

Joined: 7/2009
      Reviews: 83
      Reputation: +881
      After reading all of these great reviews on this product it is really making me want to try this product now. The price is the only thing keeping me from getting this since I am on a limited budget at the moment.

fourwedge
      fourwedge

Joined: 12/2013
      Reputation: 0
      I'm dying to try this but it's so expensive. Ouch

October 3, 2013

Reviews: 79

Age: 23

October 3, 2013
      Over-The-Top

A big shout out to Joeflah and RCSS for sending me 4 bags of this to try. There is really nothing I can say here that hasn't already been said. Either way, I'll keep this short.

RCSS has taken the supplement industry by storm. It has certainly gotten some very good feedback from SR.com, and it's about to get some very good feedback from me.

Profile:

It's a blend of different proteins, including whey isolate, micellar casein, egg, and whey concentrate. There are a few others too.

29g Protein
      5g creatine
      2.5g betaine
      3.5g bcaa
      1g sugar

I like the amount of protein in there, and the low sugar. The betaine is a nice touch. The only problem I have is with the creatine. Pretty much everybody supplements with creatine anyway, and I personally don't like getting more than 5-10g of creatine per day. This limits my possible intake of this to 2 scoops a day. With how good this tastes, it could easily be at 4 servings a day haha.

Taste:(10+/10)

I pretty much give 10+ to any protein powder that just stands out to me as being "over-the-top" delicious. Before Pro-Antium, OEProtein was my favorite vanilla flavored protein powder. Pro-Antium went above and beyond and the taste just blew my mind. It's hard for me to describe the taste of many products for some reason, but "amazing" is the only thing I can come up with here. The bits of cookies are a great touch. I can't wait to try every flavor.

Mix.:(9/10)

I got a little clump every once in a while if I didn't shake it long enough, other than that, no problems.

Effectiveness:(9/10)

*cricket cricket*... It's protein....

This is the only protein I could actually complain about. The creatine part didn't seem to help me. Then again, it didn't hinder me in any way, so I decided to just go with my usual "9' rating. No stomach issues to report.

Value:(9.5/10)

Around $50 for 50 servings. Very good deal IMO. It's actually worth being a staple at that price.

Overall:(9.25/10)

I am very thankful I got to run this. Pro-Antium is an awesome tasting protein powder than will always be a consideration when I'm shopping for some protein powder. Even my mom liked it! Either way, I HIGHLY recommend trying this out, it's worth every penny.

Reputation: +43
      thanks for the review bro.

- Big Ron

MrAppleman

Joined: 11/2011
      Reviews: 30
      Reputation: +474
      Maybe RCSS would consider lowering the creatine per scoop or dropping it all together.

If it had no creatine it could definetly be a staple, I understand throwing it in to say it has it but like you said it limits the possible intake.

Reputation: +1988
      I agree the creatine is the only reason I wanna switch proteins. This is my favorite protein but I don't like taking too much creatine

September 25, 2013

Age: 27

September 25, 2013
      Chocolate party in my mouth

Big thanks to Joeflah13 and the Ronnie Coleman Signature Series crew for sending me out me out 4 bags of this delicious protein through the ER program. When the RCCS line first hit the scene I must admit that I was a non believer in the hype behind this product line. I felt like dudes were only showing the RCCS line love because 8x Mr. Olympia himself was a part of supplementreviews.com well I was wrong Pro-Antiumm is legit.

Taste:100/10
      The only flavor that I have used of Pro-Antium is double chocolate cookie and yes it taste just like that. Upon my first sip of Pro-Antium I had to check the label to make sure that It was protein I was drinking and not brownie mix. The taste blew my mind to the point I made my 7 year old son take a drank of it, Like myself he thought it was a brownie/cake mix. So the taste is a very rich creamy chocolate flavor but it doesn't stop there then you get a mouth full of delightful little pieces of cookies. Now I know a lot of guys say taste don't matter to them well too me taste matters and Pro-Antium is one of the few protein shakes I have had that I had to stop myself from drinking just to drank.

As we all know protein is a hard supplement to rate in the effectiveness category simply because its something you cant really feel working. The biggest plus in effectiveness for me is not having protein farts this protein didn't give me no stomach issues at all and there was some days I would drink 2 or 3 shakes. As far as recovery I didn't see any difference than I do with any other quality protein source I have taking, but with such an amazing profile it would be hard not to think that this protein does more than the competitors.

Dosing:10/10
      It is recommended that you take 1-2 scoops of Pro-Antium each day with one of the servings being post workout. As for myself I,m not one of those guys that believe in drinking a protein shake immediately post workout, the last thing I wanna do after working out is drink a shake. I just pop a pack of Animal nitro post workout and call it a day. The way I dose Pro-Antium is a 1 scoop shake between meals. Even though I love the taste of this protein I am not a fan of consuming most of my protein from shakes, whole foods right hear buddy.

Value:8/10
      Yes this protein is a little on the expensive side but who cares between the taste and amazing profile you are getting more than your moneys worth. A 4.74lbs 50 serving container will run you roughly $53 at most places which is roughly $1.06 I personally would like to see more servings in a container I'm not a huge fan of paying $1.00 per serving for anything but I will continue for this.

Overall:8/10
      This is a top notch protein that shouldn't be over looked. There is no hype when it comes to this protein the boys at RCCS line has set the standard when it comes to protein. Don't be a fool like I was and think this product is all hype because you will only be doing your taste buds and body a disservice.

Joined: 8/2010
      Reviews: 37
      Reputation: +1228
      Great review, but that has to be the dirtiest sounding headline on this site

Reputation: +43
      Thanks for doing the review bro and really glad you liked it. Keep training hard!

@ the TITLE.
      Thats what she said. lol

Reputation: +1254
      No better way to sum it up than you did with the title bro hahahaha

Glad you loved the taste, brownie cake mix is DEFINITELY a proper taste comparison. I've been trying to figure that out for weeks now lol.

TigerJT
      TigerJT

Reviews: 8
      Reputation: +181
      As always a great review Breed! Chocolate Party!

Reputation: +3568
      With that ending, why do I imagine Rikki playing Clubber Lang in Rockey and saying "I pity the fool that don't take Pro-Antium..."

Reputation: +1988
      HAHAH LAVA

September 23, 2013

Age: 36

September 23, 2013
      If 8 time Mr.Olympia takes it, so should you.

Huge thanks to the Main Man 8 time Mr. Olympia Ronnie Coleman and his fine reps here on Supplementreviews.com to let us ER team members try this out. I signed up for this after hearing that it was so good and actually a good product. They sent a very generous package to which I am very thankful to have gotten to try.

Well Just after looking on the back label you can tell Big Ron knows a thing or two about supplements, He keeps it real solid on everything he puts his name on.

Now I have been running the bio grow which most know has some great recovery with it as well, So I stopped taking that to really see where this leads. .. And I was impressed.

Ingredients. 9
      He really knows how to make a great recovery protein .
      This stuff has
      29 grams of Protein! Per scoop
      5 grams of creatine
      2.5 grams of beta alinine
      3.5 grams of bcaa
      1 gram of sugar.

Coleman Amino Matrix (L-Glycine, L-Leucine, L-Isoleucine, L-Valine), Coleman Amino Matrix (L-Glycine, L-Leucine, L-Isoleucine, L-Valine)

So much more in there than all this but I do not like to copy and paste so much stuff.
      The main thing is He really put together something this will work, all ingredients are at effective doses and proven to work.
      Some of the others guys broke down the major things on the Ingredients, so for more info on that scroll down this page.

Effectiveness 9
      Now I only took the Pro Antium post workout once a day!. I was already taking a creatine and I did not want to end up taking this multiple times and have 20 or more grams of creatine a day. With that said I would love to see a creatine free version of this come out.
      Now the effectiveness is hard to rate other than just going by recovery and stomach issues. So..
      I never had stomach issues with this at all!. I never felt bloated or heavy, which after working out I do not want that feeling anyway. Just something on my stomach to hold me till I can eat.
      The recovery was honestly just about as good as the bio grow and that is really saying something. I have not been taking a multi or fish oils or any staples for that matter. So I was able to tell I was always feeling fresh and ready to kill it. I was able to break PR's almost every week on this. And I do not mean Toe curls or forearm curls, I was breaking Bench PR by 25 lbs and then same week break a deadlift by almost 45lbs. So I know my recovery was really good.

Mixability 10
      6 oz of water, shake and done!. Nothing more to say.

Taste 9.5
      I swung for a bit different direction I normally go . I got the vanilla wafer and wow. It really tasted just like one of those cookies. I would love to try some of the choc, or other flavors and see which is better but until then I can say I was happy.

Value 9.5
      Just a quick search and I found the 4.74lb container on lockout for 52 bucks and that is a 50 serving container. If you only take this post workout that will last a good while!. I think that is a great value for the quality you get.

Overall 10
      Honestly No Nuthugging here. I really like this. Its nice to see such a big name get their own brand and not sell out , BUT to actually put the science and correct dosage in there and put out a product that is made for GAINZ!. Awesome work Ronnie, you and your team did great, Also I would like to say that you happen to have some stand up REPS here on this site, Joeflah and the others are very helpful , and you should be proud of them. Its also really awesome to have the ACTUAL real RONNIE here on this site as well.
      Pros:
      Cons:
      • Become A Mr.olympia With This.
      • Excellent Texture
      • Mixes Great
      • 5g Of Creatine
      • Strength Gains
      • Betaine

Reputation: +1134
      I love this stuff, cleaned up GNC for 5 tubs of it ;) I am set for my winter bulk lol

garlick
      garlick

Joined: 3/2009
      Reviews: 40
      Reputation: +3268
      I plussed rep'd you!! Forget if the review is good, you just got Garlick Rep'd!!

pudgusky
      pudgusky

Joined: 8/2013
      Reviews: 6
      Reputation: +114
      Your overall says 9 in the numeric rating, but you rated it a 10 overall in the review. What rating did you mean for this to receive?

Reputation: +2483
      WOW. I am so proud to wear that badge Garlick.
      @ pudgusky. I would give it a 9.5 overall , its not perfect but close. I think if they had options for the creatine free I would rate it a 10. Sorry I thought I proofread everything.

Reputation: +1254
      Great review Seaver, and thanks for the shout out. I'm glad we can do right by the people. And the creatine free option has been gaining a bit of steam around here lately, we may have to consider that!

Mooselini
      Mooselini

Joined: 10/2010
      Reviews: 28
      Reputation: +2203
      good review seavs

i did a double take, u put it has beta alanine in it and i was like sweet then i saw it meant betaine, damn

@ moose
      yea I messed up on that. I was looking at that as I was typing and thinking.. This sounds wrong? lol

Reputation: +43
      Thanks for the review bro, hearing this kind of stuff makes it all worth it for me. You guys are the reason I do this

Reputation: +2483
      Man that feels good to have a comment from the KING.

Reply #10:

Reputation: +43
      Just wanted to let you know that we just put a portion of your review on our next run of Pro-Antium labels.

yeah Buddy!

Reply #11:

Reputation: +2483
      ^^ holy poo! Wow I am blowed away!

June 3, 2013

Age: 47

June 3, 2013
      Impressive. Superior Performance and Unreal Taste.

First off a big thanks to the RCSS guys – Big Ron, Derrick, and Joe for sending me a care package that included Double Chocolate Cookie Pro-Antium. You guys rock – not because you sent me stuff; lots of companies do that, but because you sent me stuff that was worth having. And that’s basically what this is – a protein that’s worth having. I was also surprised that we only have one other ER review on this – send more!!! (jk, but no really – send more!!!)

Profile: 8.5/10
      Serving size: 44g
      Servings per Container: 50
      Calories: 192 Protein: 29 Carbs: 10 Fats: 4g

I’ll steal the ingredients from ChiChi’s review because he did such a great job of listing them. But basically we have a pretty solid blend of 7 fast, medium and slow proteins, carbs and fats with some goodies like creatine, aminos, and betaine thrown into the mix – I especially like the addition of betaine, which I’ve supplemented with in the past. All in all a great formula for growth and recovery.

Coleman Protein Matrix (Whey Protein Concentrate, Milk Protein Isolate, Whey Protein Isolate, Whey Protein Hydrolisate, Micellar Casein, Egg Albumin, Calcium Caseinate), Coleman Amino Matrix (L-Glycine, L-Leucine, L-Isoleucine, L-Valine),

Coleman Lipid Matrix (Sunflower Oil Powder and/or Soy Oil Powder, MCT Oil Powder [from Coconut])),

Copenhagen Cookie Crumbs (Enriched Flour (Wheat Flour, Niacin, Reduced Iron, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid), Sugar, Soy Bean and/or Palm Oils, Corn Syrup, Salt, Vanilla),

Coleman Suspension Matrix (Glucose Polymers, Inulin, Xanthan Gum, Cellulose Gum, Carrageenan), Creatine Monohydrate, Natural and Artificial Flavors, Citric Acid, Sea Salt, Acesulfame Potassium, Sucralose.

Overall this is a well rounded protein supplement with almost no fillers that’s developed by a guy who, as he says, “knows a thing or two about protein”. And I will freely admit that the reputation of Ronnie Coleman was a factor in how I approached this. RCSS is his company; he’s not just another front man whose picture is on the label, and that holds weight in my mind. And no, I’m not going all “fanboy” on my reviews – if it was garbage I would have no problem saying so even though technically Big Ron knows where I live. :)

It’s also worth noting that in the past I've been critical of blends that have too many different proteins in too small amounts – and my previous experience with such blends has been unremarkable. So I was probably biased against this aspect of Pro Antium to start. Just thought I’d throw that out there.

In any case this has a solid macro and amino profile. The aminos are a bit less than say, Muscle Feast Premium (understandable due to the differences in formula but still surprisingly close in many aminos) but superior to a lot of the typical blends out there – which leads me to the fact that I appreciate that RCSS has enough confidence to still put the amino profile out there – you can’t find an amino profile of some of his competitors brands to save your life.
      So all in all – a solid blended profile. I would love to see Astrigin added to this like it is with other RCSS products; however, I also take Astrigin caps so it’s not a big deal.

Taste & Mixing: 11/10
      If Jesus drinks protein post-workout, then he must drink Pro-Antium cuz it tastes that good. Seriously after the fitst taste I was like, Oh.My.God. I had the chocolate and I have to say that I almost always prefer vanilla, so I was like, damn, I really wanted to try the vanilla. But this was just incredible. I’m not joking here – at one point my protein Nazi girlfriend had to hide it to keep me from drinking it all day long.

I mixed this using a shaker cup and used it in milk, water or coconut milk and it was smooth and creamy regardless of what I mixed it in – although obviously the coconut milk was the creamiest. No major clumping issues or grittiness.

Please take my hyperbole about taste with a grain of salt as I normally use unflavored protein, so taste is the least of my concerns, but this is without a doubt the best tasting protein I have tried. Ever. Seriously, if hitting your macro numbers is a problem; this is the quickest and pleasant way I can think of to consume massive amounts of protein. (Since you know, grilling steaks takes time…)

And for those of you that might say, well if you add candy or cookies into it, of course it will taste good I have two words for you: Ultimate Flurry. (One of the worst tasting and mixing proteins that I've ever been suckered into trying)

Effectiveness: 9.8/10
      Although I am in the minority, I do think you can judge a protein’s effectiveness (at least anecdotally). Although this is just my personal opinion and I absolutely realize that I could be wrong, but certain proteins just seem to make a difference for me. Maybe it’s my training style or just a normal physiological thing, but I’ve been using pure isolates for so long that I think the change to more balanced blends has benefited me tremendously. (I first saw this with my use of 360Post and Pro-Antium had continued the trend.) . And just to clarify, that’s my PERSONAL experience; it’s not intended as a blanket statement. I also have a robust diet and recovery supplements so I’m only able to judge recovery if it falls off. In this case it did not.

Sure, there’s the standard disclaimer that protein is protein, which I mostly agree with. And within the context of just whey protein I still think it comes down to a purity/macro issue first and foremost. But these recovery blends are yielding greater benefits both to my strength and body composition than I saw with just high protein, minimal carb, zero fat blends. Take it for what it’s worth.

Value: 8.75/10
      You can find it online for right around $50.00. So that’s like $1.00 per serving for a high quality blend. So I rate this pretty high on the value. Right now GNC has it for $47.99 plus $1.00 shipping so that’s like $3-4 dollars more than the lower quality blends out there. And sure, you get 70+ servings with them, right? Well look at the protein content – they average 21g of protein whereas this has 29g, so when you do the math, you end up at exactly the same place with inferior ingredients. And like Chichi said, when you compare it the price of other blends that sell for $60+, well, it’s a no brainer compared to those.

Overall: 9.5/10
      Don’t get me wrong, this isn't the second coming of Jesus, but damn, the last two proteins that I've reviewed have really changed how I think about things. I’ll still say that none of them are magical, but I will say that for me, switching to more complete post workout macro consumption (high carbs/medium - high protein/low-medium fat) has really made a difference in my strength training.

Interestingly enough, on CBL, this also makes a great nighttime protein with the addition of some simple carbs and milk and no additional fat).

I’m rating this so highly because while I agree there are no “perfect” protein supplements out there, there are some that perfectly match my needs/goals and this is one of them. Now if only GNC can get it off of **&$*^@ backorder, I can have some more soon!!!!

Final note for those of you who might comment that I’m turning into a “fanboy” with my high ratings as of late, fear not; I have some reviews of pretty bad products still in the hamper, lol.

Pros:
      Cons:
      • Taste. Unreal
      • Good Recovery
      • Gains In Muscle
      • Betaine
      • Strength Gains
      • Mixes Great

Reputation: +1254
        Standing ovation my friend, excellent review! I'm really glad you enjoyed Pro Antium so much, and I definitely agree with you when you say a more complete blend of protein postworkout can be beneficial. I feel the same way since I've been using it, and like you said it works in perfectly on backloads.

There's a lack of reviews for this because some of the ERs reviewed it as part of the legend stack. But we'd love to get more up, and I'm sure most people will be just as impressed as you!

I SERIOUSLY need to try that coconut milk idea too, I'm slackin!

AtomHavok
        AtomHavok

Joined: 10/2011
        Reviews: 9
        Reputation: +140
        Great Review man. I am loving this stuff.

RodrigoRM
        RodrigoRM

Reviews: 4
        Reputation: +267
        I appreciate such a detailed and thorough review Lava, good job man!

Would you say this works better for recovery post workout than other supps such as Aftershock or Recovery 2:1:1?

Maxima
        Maxima

Joined: 6/2012
        Reviews: 6
        Reputation: +366
        Great review Lava!

Just don't understand why enriched flour would be in the ingredient profile.

I refrain from eating foods with enriched flour and was really looking into trying this protein out based on your review :(

Reputation: +3568
        It's in the cookie pieces, not added as a separate ingredient

Reputation: +2151
        excellent review bro. I am also pretty ***in ***ed GNC does not have this *** in stock, but Lockout carries it now so we should get it there for cheap too, but I know that only free can beat $1 shipping lol

Reputation: +1134
        This stuff is too expensive for the amount of servings you get. Good review though, if they drop the price by at least 30% then Id give it a try

Reputation: +3568
        Allstarhealth has it for the same price as Lockout and I can always add something to give me free shipping. Since they ship out of NC, if I order by this evening, its on my porch tomorrow, lol.

deumcole
        deumcole

Joined: 8/2009
        Reviews: 106
        Reputation: +2792
        Who grills steak? I just eat it raw, sometimes right off the cow.

Reply #10:

Reputation: +1134
        Cole you are what you eat ;)

Reply #11:
        chefneilde
        chefneilde

Reviews: 27
        Reputation: +768
        great review - fanboy
        I'm going to check this out. thanks

Reply #12:

Reputation: +43
        Dang! Great review here Lava. I appreciate it and it is great to know that I am providing the kind of products that you guys want. I'll try to keep it up. GNC will be back in stock soon... I took care of it ;)

April 21, 2013

Age: 26

April 21, 2013
         Out of all the protein blends in the market, this one so far is my favorite. I found a replacement for Myofusion, Pure Whey, and other popular protein blends in the market. Pro-Antium by RCSS is one hell of a protein. It has great protein blend profile, mixes perfect, texture is surreal and the taste is beyond delicious.

Now let's start with the review.

Profile (9/10): I compared this to the profile of other proteins with similar characteristics. I noticed that a lot of popular brands charge us premium price for poor quality ingredients. We pretty much pay for the brand, not the quality of the product. Myofusion being the worst offender, brown-rice protein? seriously Gaspari?

On the other hand, we hace RCSS Pro-Antium. When I first got it, the first thing I decided to look at was the profile. I was impressed TBH, I was just expecting hype because its Mr. O's own protein, but it was actually a solid combination of concentrate, isolate and casein.

It has 29g of protein per serving, 5g of creatine and 2.5g of betaine. A great blend similar to hydrobuilder by ON. There are some things that a few of us may find like a "no, no" in a protein, but I think there is a valid explanation for it. This protein has real cookie crumbles of vanilla waffers, chocolate cookie or strawberry shortcake. If you take that into consideration, you know that those sweets are not made with health in mind. They are just added to the mix for the teexture and the ingredients that they are made have be to disclosed because of FDA regulations, but the amounts of this extra fluffly-yummy ingredients are so insignificant that they should not impact the quality of the protein.

This is the profile:

Coleman Suspension Matrix (Glucose Polymers, Inulin, Xanthan Gum, Cellulose Gum, Carrageenan), Creatine Monohydrate, Natural and Artificial Flavors, Citric Acid, Sea Salt, Acesulfame Potassium, Sucralose,

Effectiveness(N/A): It is silly to judge the effectiveness of a protein IMO, I can only tell you that base on the ingredient profile. You should expect faster recovery, relatively faster weight gain if on bulk and keep your strength while on a cut.

Taste (10/10): in the words of Samuel L. Jackson according to Dave Chapelle "mmmmmmmmmmmmhmmmmmm motherf$#%$" this has to be the best tasting protein ever. It was incredibly good and I never got tired of it. It was the best part of the day. Wake up and drink this with Almond milk and drink post-workout and one in between meals just for the kicks. Even my wife liked it and she is one picky eater. She did not even like Syntrax Nectar isolate, another great tasting protein. However, she liked this one a lot.

I had the vanilla waffer and the double chocolate cookie and both are really good tasting protein. My favorite one was the double chocolate cookie, it was just delicious. The texture was perfect with crunchy cookie crumbles in the smooth creamy, but not heavy shake. Vanilla waffer was outstanding as well, excellent texture with small pieces of vanilla waffer and lighter texture. Mix both with almond milk and it will make your wet protein dreams come true.

Mixability (9/10): It mixes great, with no protein powder residue. Only thing left floating are the cookie pieces in it. It mixes with shaker bottle and there is no need for blender, unless you wanna add extra ingredients. I had this with water, milk, almond milk and it mixes great in all of them.

Value(8.5/10): At first, based on the introduction prices at GNC and other online retailers. I personally thought it was ***in overpriced, but then I started comparing this to other popular brands and I found that is at the same level. Myofusion Elite Series is $89.99 regular price, Dymatize Elite Fusion is 84.99 and BSN Syntha 6 is $89.99 and when they go on sale they sit around $50-54.99 price. They stick to around the same prices. I still think it is somewhat expensive, but when you compare the quality of ingredients to other similar priced protein this is a much better value. You seem to get what you pay for and not short-changed with brown-rice protein and less grams of protein per serving.

Overall (9.1/10): *** I love this protein, I got me one tube of double chocolate cookie and a bag of Strawberry shortcake. I am not disappointed and I will be buying this again. My wife and I are both drinking this protein and this is something I have never done. I could not get her to drink protein because she did not like the texture, taste and smell, but this one hands down, is the best./ You get a great proflie, maybe short on amino acids, but it makes up with the full 5grams of creatine and betaine. It tastes, mixes great and its simply top quality. From all of products, this one is my favorite and I recommended this 100%.

Pros:
        Cons:
        • 5g Of Creatine
        • Mixes Great
        • Excellent Texture
        • Taste. Unreal
        • Good Recovery
        • Gains In Muscle
        • 65% Protein

Reputation: +1254
        Excellent review Chichi, glad to hear you (and your wife) enjoyed it so much!

I seriously have to get around to this almond milk stuff sometime soon, I've been hearing from far too many people that Pro-Antium + Almond Milk = delicious-ness.

Joined: 2/2011
        Reputation: +650
        This is my favorite blend, I liked this much more than Pro Complex. I wish it had more Aminos though. Agree with the taste, after chocolate and vanilla i was a little disappointed with the strawberry shortcake

Reputation: +3568
        Oh.My.God. That's all I have to say about the taste. I mean seriously, Oh.My.God.

Reputation: +3568
        I just noticed that you rated value 8.5 in the body of your review but 7 at the top?

Reputation: +2151
        Lol I completely missed that. I stick to the 8.5 value it is a pretty ***in awesome protejn

OfficePump
        OfficePump

Joined: 4/2013
        Reputation: +3
        Haha Bro, just read your samuel L Jackson line... your review is going on our bb.com product page!

April 1, 2014

BrooklynBuff

Reviews: 11

Age: 35

April 1, 2014
        Your "one scoop a day whey"

Their are many great reviews of this protein and it will be difficult to build upon them and shed new light for this product. Though I enjoyed it so much, that I felt inclined to review it anyway. I purchased my first tub on my own and still have a second in the wood works from JoeFlah, and the RCSS team. Much appreciated fellas, your certainy a top shell company who keep the customer the priority. We all know in the supplement industry," you can pay for school but ya cant buy class"

This was the only supplement I utilized over the course of fifty days. I was even removed from the use of creatine for well over a month as well. Which I believe will enable me to give a fair assessment of this product without bias and will be able to attribute any positives recieved by this protein.
        Feel me?

Ingredients... 9
        All of the previous reviews list them in depth. I'll list the ones that's really mattered for me.
        29 grams protein
        5 grams creatine mono
        2.5 grams betaine
        13.5 grams EAA

This lineup is what really inclined me to write this review. This really is your one SCOOP a day whey. . I loved the convenience of taking a single scoop and knowing that im getting exactly what i need for my workouts and daily rquirement of creatine. If I may add, I really enjoyed the handling and location of the scooper. Everyone should know by now how crucial that is.." And if ya don't know, now ya know " itches.

Taste 10
        I had the chocolate
        The most delicious flavored whey protein I have ever tasted. I would throw this in the magic bullet with ice, skim milk and a banana... straight banging..Buff said..
        *edit* Nuff

Side effects 9
        Absolutely none, never gave me any stomach discomfort or poor mix ability issues.

Effectiveness 9
        Now this is where things got interesting. Like I stated earlier , I had been cycled off creatine for around six weeks. I lost my typical 4-5 pounds and slight strength imcrease that I always get on creatine. Now in to the third week of taking pro-antium, got my size back. Not only that but I finally got a p.r on my bench that I've been stuck in a stale-mate for some time. Was it anything to write home about? For y'all, prolly not but I broke my plateau of 5 reps of 305 and got it to 7.

Value 8
        Yeah it's 50 balls for a tub. You want results? Stop begging and cough up the buck per SCOOP..

Conclusion
        In my opinion this is the best protein. For what it offers in taste, effectiveness , ingredients. Best of da best right hur..
        Pros:
        Cons:
        • Taste. Unreal
        • Effective
        • Excellent Texture
        • Mixes Great
        • 5g Of Creatine
        • Strength Gains
        tiktik
        tiktik

Joined: 3/2013
        Reviews: 8
        Reputation: +331
        Was this scoop rounded or heaping BB

kris65
        kris65

Joined: 4/2011
        Reviews: 35
        Reputation: +2376
        Buff! Glad to see your still around brother.

Reputation: +1254
        Great review Buff, glad to see it worked well for you in terms of taste a strength gains my man

March 29, 2014

Age: 27

March 29, 2014
        The King Leaves Nothing More to be Desired

Here lies the review for the other half of my RCSS experience, Pro Antium! Another huge thanks goes out to joeflah and Big Ron for showing me some serious love once again with this logging opportunity. This was a great run. Let's talk about it shall we?

Other supplements used during the run:
        Multi/Fish oil
        Glucosamine/Chondroitin
        Dermacrine/Endosurge Turbo by BPS
        360PRE/ ENGN
        iForce Compete Intra
        AI HGH Pro
        Generic Monohydrate(5G) as needed added to Pro Antium

Profile-8.5

As with every other product on the RCSS line, this profile is quality and covers a variety of angles. Ronnie really wanted to include everything you might need during the day and especially post workout. Here are some highlights:

1 scoop(44g) serving for 50 total servings
        Protein-29g
        Creatine Monohydrate-5g(not creapure)
        Betaine-2.5g
        Essential Amino Acids-13.5g

The protein comes from fast,medium, and slow acting sources including whey concentrate, milk protein isolate, whey protein isolate, whey protein hydrolisate, micellar casein, egg albumin and calcium caseinate.

This product also includes Medium Chain Triglycerides for some healthy fats.

Overall a very comprehensive profile that provides most all things lost during your workout. This is not the most clean protein source though. There several other ingredients in here. That being said, I don't necessarily think you would be buying this for cleanliness. That's what they make whey isolate for.

Dosing-10
        Easy. One scoop post workout. I went as much as two scoops for about 2 weeks of the run. The label suggests 1-4 scoops a day but that would give you as much as 20g of creatine and would greatly take the value out of it. If your diet is how it should be, one scoop is plenty. I took the 2 scoops to get the 10g of creatine since I train mostly for powerlifting I felt I needed a little more than 5g. I eventually just started adding in a separate monohydrate with one scoop. I liked this idea better and it worked out better for me.

Taste/Mix-8.9
        I know Im gonna seem crazy but I had the Vanilla Wafer Crisp and although it tastes good, I was getting a little tired of it towards the end. It has a great, strong taste but was just a little much especially at 2 scoops. In water was good but in milk it was much better.

It mixed good with some extra shaking. It would eventually smooth out and was very drinkable after a few minutes. It wasn't like a pure isolate but you can't expect that from a product with so many ingredients packed in there. I was impressed overall.

Effectiveness-9.4
        Yeah always tough to gauge this with a protein but there are a few things to note. It killed late night cravings and I was never starving in the morning. It seems to really keep me on track even though my diet wasn't perfect. I rarely over-ate though which is a plus for me. I tend to snack a lot but not while taking this. I had not taken any creatine for a few weeks before this and I did se some nice strength gains. I starting looking fuller and feeling fuller muscle wise. I gained a good 5-6 lbs with a good 2-3 of that being water weight and the other being muscle. Maybe an indicator of the creatine. My recovery is usually pretty good and stayed that way with no huge differences. So yeah, very effective product.

Side Effects-8
        I wanted to note that at 2 scoops I had some stomach issues. No pain or anything but just some really excessive gas. I noticed it throughout the day but the most while I was working out. I had to make multiple trips to the bathroom so I wouldn't gas out the entire gym lol. It was kinda of annoying to have to go fart before a big deadlift or squat set though. This was drastically reduced with one scoop. Still a good score but something to be aware of.

Value-8.8
        Around 50 bucks for 50 servings. Not bad at all. I think you shouldn't need any more than one scoop and you can manipulate your creatine intake like I did by adding a separate, cheap monohydrate if you do in fact need more creatine. You could make an argument that you don't need the creatine in there at all and could add your own, even cheaper creatine. It's hard to say because we don't know what the cost of this would be without creatine so you don't know how much you are actually saving. I guess you just have to assume that it would be more expensive to get your creatine from a protein supplement. Who knows?? I did take a fraction of a point off for this reason.

Overall-9
        Of all the proteins Ive tried, this has been the most effective of them. You have to trust that Big Ron is working is butt off to make quality products and this one is holds that standard. This is a great all-around product that will save you from having to go out and buy a multitude of various other products. This is your one stop shop. I highly recommend you go out and try this and this doesn't just seem to be my opinion, but also the opinions of almost anyone that has tried it. I will be running this again and Im thinking of picking up the chocolate flavor.

Check out my log of both this and the Stacked N.O. starting on page 15!!!
        Pros:
        Cons:
        • Comprehensive Profile
        • Taste Got Old
        • Stomach Issues At 2 Scoops

Reputation: +1254
        Awesome my man, glad this helped you pack on some mass! A few people said they didn't really respond to the added creatine, but that didn't seem to be the case with you. Tired of the vanilla, eh? I think we have a way to fix that ;)

Joined: 12/2012
        Reputation: +444
        Thanks Joe. I most definitely think I responded to the creatine. All the signs were there! Just another quality RCSS product.

Reputation: +43
        Thanks for the review and glad you liked the product.

Yeah Buddy!

Joined: 12/2012
        Reputation: +444
        My pleasure Ron. Keep doin' what you and your guys do.

February 23, 2014

Reviews: 72

Age: 25

February 23, 2014
        Who Says You Can't Build Muscle With Strawberry Shortcake?

A big time "Yeah Buddy" grade shout out to Joeflah, Big Ron himself, and all the boys at RCSS for hooking me up a tub of this king worthy protein.

Today, I discuss my experience with what is quickly becoming one of the most popular protein supplements on today's market and for good reason. Pro-Antium is specialized protein supplements formulated with a blend of various source proteins, bcaas as well as other essential amino acids, creatine, betaine, and healthy lipids. Essentially, it's got almost everything aspiring hardworking athletes needs to be at their best.

Taste: (OH HELL YEAH BUDDY!!)

A numerical score was simply not enough for this category. I had the strawberry shortcake flavor and it was beyond delicious. The flavor was the right amount of rich and smooth. I've experimented with various mixtures and found that chocolate almond milk mixed with a scoop of strawberry shortcake (or any other flavor I am sure) is true Mr. Olympia Muscle Food Sizzurp!!

Ingredient Profile (9): While there is more to the profile, the following are the key ingredients comprising Pro-Antium's contents:

One scoop will provide..

29g Protein
        5g creatine
        2.5g betaine
        3.5g bcaa
        1g sugar

The most favorable thing I like here is the 29 grams per single serving. Most proteins on today's market often have 20-25 grams per scoop. I usually opt for no lower than 20 myself. So when I saw that one scoop of pro-antium provided a substantial 29 grams, I was almost instantaneously sold. It is worth noting that the protein content is derived directly from these sources:

Whey Protein Concentrate, Milk Protein Isolate, Whey Protein Isolate, Whey Protein Hydrolysate, Micellar Casein, Egg Albumin, Calcium Caseinate

All of these have their unique characteristics of digestion rates and bio-availability, so to have them all clearly creates a favorable spectrum of protein quality.

Next we have 5 grams of creatine monohydrate. Based on the reviews I've read from other members both here and on other website forums, the addition of creatine seems to get mixed standpoints. I would assume that a user looking more for a primary protein supplement would most likely consider the addition of creatine a con. This would especially be unfavorable to users who may react negatively to creatine in general. Me personally, I actually favor the addition of creatine mainly because I've always responded well to creatine in general. I've found it increases my recovery, mass, and overtime strength development. Of course, I do carefully monitor my intake of creatine from other sources and ensure to stay well hydrated. In summary, I prefer the addition of creatine, but perhaps a creatine free version would also be welcomed by many.

Third we have betaine. Betaine has gotten mixed reviews as to its efficacy as an ingredient in general. I find that betaine acts best as a synergistic ingredient, aiding in the absorption and metabolism of other macro-nutrients. This would in turn enhance their influence on muscle development.

Lastly, we have a good amount of the basic bcaas needed for recovery and protein synthesis support.

One final thing to note is that pro-antium also provides some medium chain triglyceride sources to aid in protein metabolism and energy restoration.

In summary, pro-antium has a very good and complete ingredient profile that is sure to aid any athlete meet some of their basic dietary needs as well as aid in muscular development.

Usage: Being that this has creatine, it is important to abide by the suggestion given on the tub itself to limit servings to 1-2 scoops a day. I myself never went beyond 2 scoops a day, and there were several days where I settle for simply one scoop. I would mostly have it either sometime post workout or first thing in the morning. Perhaps if creatine was not included, users may find more versatility in the product, but as I said, the creatine does not heavily influence my favor in pro-antium.

Effectiveness (9): Being that this is a protein supplement, gauging efficacy is difficult. One cannot simply assess if protein is working since protein in itself is a nutrient obtained from our basic diets. It is not like a stimulant in the fact that we know a stimulant is working or not because we are able to feel it's effects on our cognitive abilities. When it comes to protein though, the only way to score efficacy is to relate it to how it may have benefited you directly in terms of what you were expecting from it. Being that pro-antium has a substantial amount of protein as well as extras like creatine and bcaas, I do believe it definitely aided in allowing me to obtain supplementary nutrients vital to muscular hypertrophy. Of course, that's not to say I wouldn't be able to develop without it, but it's supplementary benefits truly do help when ensuring that you are providing your body with additional building nutrients.

Value (8): A great product equates to a great price as many on today's market are not cheap in their own right. For pro-antium, 50-55 dollars for 50 servings of a blend consisting of high quality 29 grams of protein and other extras, this price range is not the worst. Nonetheless, pro-antium isn't cheap, so definitely do some shopping around.

Overall (9): Pro-Antium has undoubtedly earned its spot in the machine's list of "ups in the supps". I will be using pro-antium again in the near future, especially should a creatine-free formulation be released. I highly recommend anyone looking to add a great supplement to their stack in terms of the protein category to consider pro-antium. My next task will be putting Iso-tropic max to the test when it arrives.

HAIL TO THE KING BABY!!!

WARMACHINE OUT!!!

Pros:
        Cons:
        • Taste. Unreal
        • Good Recovery
        • Betaine
        • Strength Gains
        • 5g Of Creatine
        • Excellent Texture
        • Expesnsive
        • Addition Of Creatine May Be A Con For Some

Joined: 2/2011
        Reputation: +650
        i thought that was the worst flavor

Reputation: +43
        Thanks for the review bro!

Reviews: 72
        Reputation: +2353
        Anytime Big Ron!!!

Reputation: +1254
        YEAH BUDDY! Appreciate the review man, glad it worked well for you.

Have you used Pro-Antium? Submit your own Review!