ISO-100 Reviews

By: Dymatize Nutrition

ARTICLES

Protein > Whey Protein
Dymatize ISO-100 is a hydrolyzed whey protein isolate supplement - a much more clean protein than whey concentrate products. As far as whey isolates go, Dymatize ISO-100 is known to be more affordable than most, while still tasting great and being highly effective.

Overall
Overall
8.9
  November 26, 2018

• Low Cals And Carbs
  • Taste
  • Mixes Well
  • Great Product
  • Little Pricey

One of the best whey isolates I've tried. There are cost concerns, but that's primarily based on the category of product.

My local gym carries this product and, though I didn't purchase from there, I did buy a large tub online and decide to give it a try. I'll have to say I'm a bit envious of those SR users that were fortunate enough to receive this product as part of the review program.

We can briefly go over what you're getting... but the real benefit with a good whey isolate (to me) is what you're NOT getting. I look for protein density in a serving size and you're getting 25g of protein in a serving size of 30g (1 scoop). Of that 25g of protein, 4.4g of that is from glutamine. Is that good? I think it's good that it isn't too high. You're going to get glutamine as part of a normal diet, so you wouldn't want an excessive amount of glutamine in a protein supplement. Also in the serving is 2.7g of leucine. Again, too much leucine by itself or not in the recommended ratios could cause a problem and Dymatize has taken time to try to break this down as part of their labeling, so browse around and read in detail if it's of great concern to you.

The other thing worth noting is that a serving size is 110 calories. Too many sweeteners or other added ingredients can cause protein supplements to get your calorie counts out of whack if you're on a specific training program. With this product, I think you're getting a good amount of protein in a small(er) serving size without excessive calorie intake. Translation: this shouldn't wreck your diet! :)

Taste: I tried the 'cookies and cream' flavor and I'm fine with that. Some don't like that flavor in general, but I consume quickly and immediately post-workout, so I'm not savoring like as if I'm at a wine-tasting. It tastes fine to me and, though it's sweet enough not to be bland, I didn't find it to be too sweet.

Mixability: I was really impressed with its ease of mixing. The label says it's made for easy mixing and they're spot-on with that claim. The protein is powdery without being chalky if that makes any sense at all. The label says to mix it with 5-6oz of water/beverage and I indeed tried to mix with that amount of water. A few quick shakes and this stuff mixed instantly with zero clumping. It mixes about as easily as anything I've seen.

Dosing: This has probably already been covered. I'm a single-scoop guy, though I'll sometimes throw in maybe 1/3 of a second scoop. I'd say you have to know yourself and your workout habits, but you don't want too much protein consumption in a small window... certainly not more than your body can absorb and use in a given time frame. Anything more is a waste (and you can decide if there's a pun there or not).

I suppose this can be a bit subjective with protein, but I feel well and feel like the product is helping. Train hard and eat right and protein should help you develop muscle mass. I feel like I train pretty hard for a person my age and, when supplementing with this protein, I'm maintaining muscle. That's about all I can ask.

As I search a couple of my favorite sites in late 2018, I see this in the $65-75 range for a 5lb tub of this product. It isn't cheap... but is that because this product is overpriced or because you're simply going to pay more for a whey isolate? Even though I may ding this product a bit on value, I'd have to honestly say that some of that is due my being a bit of a miser. Whey isolate protein isn't cheap. You're going to pay more for a protein that is engineered to mix well, contain higher quality and ratio of essential components, etc. You can probably find a lower-cost whey isolate, but it might also be a product of lower quality. This isn't a bad value for what you're getting.

Side Effects

None that I've noticed.

Conclusion

I might cry about the price of it, but I'll end up purchasing this again because it seems to be a high-quality product that tastes good and mixes with zero fuss. I've seen other positive reviews of ISO-100 on SR and I can say that it isn't just talk. It's definitely worth trying to see if this needs to be a part of your supplement regimen.
  • Cookies & Cream: 8/10

August 18, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Low Cals And Carbs
  • Taste
  • Mixes Well
  • Great Product

Dymatize Iso 100 is a hydrolyze why protein supplement. This is a higher grade form of whey protein. There is no whey concentrate in this particular Dymatize protein powder product. Dymatize has been around for a long time and they have rebranded their packaging within the last few years.

Thank you to Dymatize and SR.com, for the opportunity to try Dymatize's Iso 100 whey protein supplement. Whey protein supplements are a staple for me daily, I probably have been taking them daily for over 15+ years, maybe more. Ironically, Dymatize was my go to whey protein brand for at least 5 years. I have never tried a full container of the Iso 100, always stuck to their regular whey protein.

Why I picked this product:

I have never tried Iso 100 from Dymatize and have heard very positive things about it.

I think certain flavors may vary slightly, below is the flavor I received- Chocolate Peanut Butter:

Per 32 gram Serving (23 servings per tub)
    Total Fat .5 grams
    Cholesterol 10mg
    Sodium 160mg
    Potassium 180mg
    Total Carbs 2g(includes 1 gram sugar)
    Protein 25 grams

Protein consists of-Hydrolyzed Whey Protein Isolate and Why Protein Isolate

There's a 2:1:1 ratio of BCAA's (5.5 grams total) which is pretty standard, consisting of 2.7grams of leucine, which is directly involved in starting protein synthesis.

Also, 4.4 grams of glutamine- potential benefits of muscle recovery

Sucralose is the sweetner

Pretty Straightforward

Taste: Ahhhhh the taste, this is my favorite flavor to date !!! The Chocolate Peanut Butter was dead on and delicious. The flavor has a very light sweetness to it, and the chocolate peanut butter was flavorful, not an over powering taste you can get with some whey proteins.

Mixability: I mixed the product in 6 ounces of water in a shaker or 6 ounces of low fat milk in a shaker. No issues with mixability, it blended into each liquid with ease. A couple shakes of the shaker and mixed.

Dosing: I train fasted early in the morning, so 1 scoop immediately after my workout for training days. On non-training days I would take my 1 scoop during the workday.

Very tough to gauge the effectiveness of a whey protein supplement. I want a whey protein that doesn't cause me any digestibility issues. Which I experienced none of, with this product. Some whey proteins can cause GI discomfort or bloating. Whey protein supplementation is just that, a supplement to your whole food protein consumption. Often I feel whey protein aids in some aspect of recovery for me, which I somewhat felt with this product at times. Feeling less tired post workout.

As of this review, All Star Health has this product for $25.49 for a 1.6lb tub. If my abacus is correct (one time it was wrong on sr.com), that's about $1.10 per serving. Pretty good value for a higher end whey protein. Other sites have this going for $29.99 as of this review. So you can save $4.50 by going to AS Health.

Side Effects

No side effects (No GI issues)

Conclusion

I love this protein, its one of my favorites to date, in addition to the chocolate peanut butter flavor, which I am craving right now because the empty tub is sitting next to me for this review. For years, I have been very frugal with my whey protein, always looking at the deals and just buying whats on sales, not what I truly enjoy. I think this product may have changed me.
    • Chocolate Peanut Butter: 10/10

6.8
      July 25, 2018

• Informed Choice
    • Recovery
    • Little Bit Sweet
    • Odd Artificial Taste
    • Did Not Enjoy Flavor

Dymatize has been around for a long time. Over the years, I have tried their products since they seem to go on sale quite a bit. Out of all the products, I have tried I never used one of their protein powders. So, when it came up to claim I wanted to try it. Here is the review.

ISO-100 comes in a variety of bottle sizes and the one I received contains 23 servings. Each 32g serving contains 120 calories, 0.5g of fat, 2g of carbohydrates, and 25g of protein. That 25g of protein comes from hydrolyzed whey protein isolate and whey protein isolate. In terms of the sweeteners, you have sucralose and stevia. I was surprised by the stevia but I did not notice it in the taste. The label of the product mentions that it has a 2:1:1 ratio of BCAA at 5.5g and 4.4g of glutamine. In addition, the product is also informed choice, which is something that I like to see. The product is also gluten free and contains 0g of lactose. Overall, it is a good ingredient profile. However, I am curious whether that additional whey protein isolate is cold filtered or ion-exchanged.

ISO-100 comes in over 10 different flavors with two naturally sweetened options. I received the fudge brownie flavor for review. The powder of this protein smells quite good, it smells like hot cocoa mix. I exclusively used this product with milk so take that into account as I describe the flavor. The smell of the mixed powder with milk has a chocolate milk type smell with a hint of something artificial. When you first drink it you are hit with a very sweet chocolate taste almost like milk chocolate candy. It is followed with a very slight artificial type taste. It is hard to describe but it kind of tastes like straight splenda (sucralose). I'll be honest I have gotten that taste from a lot of different powders. It is very sweet, I did not really like the flavor as I personally prefer richer chocolate flavors that are less sweet. In terms of mixability, it mixed quite well with a blender ball even in milk. I was surprised because other powders I have tried have not always mixed as well as ISO-100. As far as dosing goes, I used this to fill my protein macros so the timing and scoop size varied by day.

It is hard to rate the effectiveness of protein powders as they are a food source. Over the course of the bottle, I did not notice my performance decrease at all in terms of recovery or building muscle. Therefore, I believe this was an effective product in terms of muscle building and recovery. When I really look at effectiveness of a protein powder (other than quality), I look at the taste and how appealing it is to use. If you have a protein product that tastes bad regardless of the quality you probably aren't going to want to use it. Or, you still will but dread drinking it. As far as ISO-100, I felt that the sweetness and that odd artificial taste made me less inclined to use this product. Now, it was not awful and I still went through the container but I never looked forward to drinking this product. There are numerous other flavors so maybe one of them would have appealed more to me. But, I will note that chocolate is always my go to flavor.

The 1.6 pound tub I received retails for $29.99 making it about $1.25 per serving. Now, there are other sizes of tubs with the largest being 5 pounds. The serving price on that one is $0.99, which is good for a whey protein isolate. As far as value goes, I think taste comes into play here greatly. It might be worth a try to test out some flavors and if you like them get a larger tub since $0.25 will add up overtime. I do see some value in the informed choice certification. One concern I do have with the value is the other whey protein isolate on the label, is it ion-exchanged or cold filtered?

Side Effects

I had no side effects while taking this product.

Conclusion

I honestly thought this product was just okay. I did not notice any dips in performance or recovery so I believe this was an effective product. However, I did not like the flavor, which I think impacts that effectiveness due to not really wanting to use it. In addition, I question what that other whey protein isolate is in the ingredient profile whether it is ion-exchanged or cold filtered. I do think based on price and performance this might be worth a try if you find the right flavor.

-Xcmiler

EDIT: I am unsure why the run says 353 days but I claimed this back in May.
    • Fudge Brownie: 5/10

February 5, 2018

• Low Cals And Carbs
    • Taste
    • Good Quality
    • Mixes Well
    • Multitude Of Flavors
    • Little Pricey

First and foremost I would like to thank Dymatize Nutrition for sending me out their product so I could try it and review it for you guys. I would also like to thank SR for providing me the opportunity and the tools so that I can share with you guys my experience.

Very simple profile ... very top notch ...

120 Calories
    1 gram of Fat
    10mg of Cholesterol
    2 grams of Carbs
    Protein 25g

So I received the Peanut Butter flavor and it was spot on. I think they just added the peanut butter powder to the protein powder so relatively this was an easy flavor to make. Still, I liked it a lot! I usually had one spoon with 6 oz of milk and it didn't take long to finish.

This is a very easy to drink protein supplement that will have you enjoy every sip. It really is not going to be very difficult to reach your macros with this product if you had a limitless budget. You only need to consume 6 oz of fluid to get 25 grams of protein so getting more is not that difficult. This also stays very easy on your stomach so having more after a hard workout won't be that difficult.

Usually the largest tub you going to get is going to save you the most money ... so it would be logical to go with the 5lb tub. That's going to cost you 1$ per serving or if you want to be very accurate it's 0.042 cents per protein ... This will cost you just a little less than the Nutrabio ... but definitely more than our top contender.

Side Effects

Conclusion

It's a good product that is top quality ... it's definitely in my top three ... The taste was awesome. The quality was great I didn't feel it on my stomach at all. I could have probably drink this right before a soccer game and I don't think I would have felt it. Although, in the end ... it's all about price per value and I feel like our top contender has a leading edge ...
    • Peanut Butter: 10/10

January 1, 2018

• Low Cals And Carbs
    • Taste
    • Good Quality
    • Great Product

Protein is the main staple of my supplement stack as well as many others. I'm always on the lookout for a new protein powder to try, although this wasn't a blend I had to give it a shot. Why give it a shot? The biggest reason is because of the brand.... Dymatize is one of the better supplement companies out there. I've been using Dymatize supplements for a while now and they haven't let me down with quality & price.

The ingredient profile is fairly simple.... it features:
      Per Serving 1 scoop (32G)
      120 Calories w/ 5 coming from Fat
      2g of Total Carbohydrates
      1g of Sugar
      25g of Whey Protein Isolate - purest form available w/ protein concentrations of 90% or higher. 1)

Dymatize also goes over typical amino acid profiles w/ 25g total amino acids per serving
      2:1:1 BCAA Ratio 5.5g
      11.8g EAAs
      27% CEAAs to include 4.4g Glutamine
      26% Non-EAAs 6.5g

1) https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3905294/

Taste - For this review I received the Chocolate Coconut flavor which is one of many flavors available. The flavor was great, it had a strong chocolate flavor with a hint of coconut.

Mixability- No issues in regards to mixability... Since this is an isolate it mixed up smoothly. During processing of Whey Protein Isolate there is a big removal of fat & lactose.

Dosing- Really no wrong way to dose protein powder. For the most part I mixed a scoop of protein powder with 5 oz of water following my second workout. On non-training days I mixed up one scoop right upon waking up in the morning.

It can be hard to judge the effectiveness of protein powders. I like to use two different points of emphasis to judge: Recovery & Digestibility. Dymatize hit the mark in both of those areas. There were no issues with digestion or bloating that can come with milk protein sources. With regular whey protein I usually have some bad bloating issues. Isolate is a good choice if you have digestibility issues with milk protein. I felt my recovery was improved following training sessions and even made some nice strides with PRs. Because of the taste this product also helps you fill your daily macro goals. Because of the taste you can have a shake or bake with it.

The cheapest value I could find was on allstarhealth.com - They have 1.6lb Tubs for $25.49 (23 Servings) while 5lb tubs cost $60.99 (75 servings). For the 1.6lb tub your paying about $1.11 per serving which is a little high. However your pretty much always going to pay up for a isolate protein powder. I'd go with the bigger 5lb tub where a serving costs around .81 cents. That is a great deal in my opinion.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Dymatize continues to put out quality products especially with protein. This hit on all areas for me and because of this I'm looking to buy the bigger tubs and try new flavors. I definitely recommend trying out this product! Thanks again to Dymatize for participating in the SR TROOP Program.

December 30, 2017

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Good Quality
      • Mixes Well
      • Little Pricey

Hello my friends and fellow supplement users. I am a 45 year old workout and supplement junky. I have been trying to drop fat and gain muscle. While I was using this I was lifting 4 days a week and then hitting cardio. Towards the end I switched to the Insanity program. I started at #210 pounds and ended at 204. In my log you are between pages 47-52. I would also like to thank Dymatize and the SRTrooper program for giving me the opportunity to run this product.

Protein is protein except when it is not...... So let us take a look at what is under the hood of this product.

25 Grams of protein, coming from Hydrolyzed protein isolate and Whey protein Isolate. This is a nice amount to add to your daily needs. If you want to you can 2 scoop it, I however always used a single scoop.

This product is low in fat (.5G) and carbohydrates (2g).

It is a pretty clean profile in my opinion. It does use Soy Lecithin, which a lot of products do, but I don't see an issue with it anyway.

I chose the Gourmet chocolate and found it to be a refreshing taste. Because I used it in a few different ways I will say that the taste mixed well with my smoothie flavors. I also found that with less liquid you get a stronger taste, go figure right?

I mixed this in the following ways. In a shaker bottle with water, using anywhere between 6 and 14 ounces. I have the metal whisk ball in mine and found that it mixed with minimal effort and left no clumpies to make you grumpy. I also added it to my smoothies. Which had 12 ounces of water and a bunch of fruit and veggies. I used a Vitamix blender and the only thing I noticed was that it made the drink frothier.

Dosing of any protein supplement is easy in my opinion. I have gone through times where I used multiple drinks a day, to my current, when I feel I need it. The directions say 5 to 8 ounces of water, milk or favorite before and take pretty much whenever you feel you need it. A lot of people use Hydrolyzed protein post workout in the mythical golden half hour post workout. However you decide to take it, it goes down easy.

I used this product as a protein supplement. That being said I didn't use it everyday. I have found that I don't need to. I used it on days that I didn't have time to get the protein as well as days I felt I needed more recovery. I found that while I was on this I had good recovery from my workouts. I also felt that I could use this post workout and then still eat within an hour. This is a benefit from Hydrolyzed protein for me anyway. All in all I say this was very effective for what and how I used it.

I received the 1.6 pound tub which had "about 23" servings. This is $1.30 per serving. Now this is Hydrolyzed protein which is higher quality and digests faster which means it costs more. My problem is that I don't know that I can notice a difference. So this is a little pricey for me. Realize to me price is based off of what I would pay for. I liked their Elite XT product, this one is probably just a little to good for my taste. So for a Hydrolyzed protein it isn't a bad deal, however for me, I don't think I need this high of a product.

As of 12/30/2017 they have it listed from 29.99 to 74.99.

As of 12/30/2017 they have it listed from 29.99 to 74.99

Side Effects

I had no negative side effects from this product.

Conclusion

So we have a high grade product at a pretty reasonable price. I know that I enjoyed using this product. I also know that after a little time off I noticed my recovery not being quite as good as it was when I was on it. Therefore I say you should give this a try. I myself tend to stick to Whey Concentrate products, so unless I find this on sale I don't think it will be a staple for me. However for those of you who need the speed of Hydrolyzed protein or find a good deal on this, I say pick up a tub and give it a shot.
      • Gourmet Chocolate: 8/10

December 26, 2017

Cons:
      • Taste
      • Excellent Ingredient Profile
      • Uses Only Whey Isolates
      • Little Pricey

The use of the higher purity whey protein products like isolates give consumers a more pure protein source without having to worry about inclusions of lactose or other milk derived ingredients that could cause increased bloating or gastrointestinal discomfort that could also potentially ruin an otherwise perfect competition prep. In my past I've only exclusively used whey protein isolates for the last couple weeks prior to competition to put my stomach at ease and reduce bloating but I'm sure plenty of other people take this route for reducing gastrointestinal issues they may get from regular whey concentrate. Quick shout out to Dymatize for giving me the opportunity to try out their new ISO100 formula. Now lets see how it stacks up to the competition!

Calories: 110
      Total Fat: 0g
      Sodium: 160mg
      Potassium: 100mg
      Total Carbs: 1g
      Sugars: <1g
      Protein: 25g
      (Hydrolyzed whey protein isolate, Whey protein isolate)
      I must say that aside for the higher than average sodium content that is moderately counteracted by the potassium, this ingredient profile is damn near perfect for a whey isolate protein. It's fat free and is nearly free from any added carbohydrates with the protein being totally sourced from whey isolates! It utilizes sucralose and stevia to make the sweet flavors possible while avoiding any increase in carbohydrates, which could be a negative for some but there's really no other way to create a tasty no carbohydrate protein powder. ISO100 is a true whey protein isolate that has a profile that rivals and surpasses nearly any competitor in the whey isolate category in my book. Kudos to Dymatize for capitalizing on all aspects of a quality whey isolate product.

I had the chance to try out ISO100's Birthday Cake flavor that actually does do a great job of capturing the flavor without going too sweet! It's not overly clumpy or bubbly and goes down easy. It uses a pretty standard protein scooper that I'm sure everyone is used to seeing by now and can be easily mixed into any sized water bottle with a little creative scooper pinch engineering. Great overall taste especially considering how clean the ingredient profile is! Well done Dymatize!

During my time using ISO100, I tried using it as my sole protein supplement to compare it concerning any bloating to the whey protein concentrate I'm accustomed to using. I did notice some mildly improved bloating during post-workout home posing sessions that I've been doing daily since I've got a competition coming up in a few months so I need to make sure I'm still on point with my physique come prep time and ISO100 was very helpful at keeping my lines tighter following a hard workout session by reducing any bloating. It also tastes great after a hard workout and considering that most elite whey isolates are made nearly equal, it really comes down to taste in the end and ISO100 delivers.

I searched around the internet and was able to find multiple sources that sold ISO100 for ~$25 for the 1.6lb tub I used, which pits it at just north of $1 per serving. Considering that it's a small tub and a very high quality product that even tastes pretty great I would have to give the value a thumbs up at this price. You really do get what you pay for but I feel like it can be a rather niche-y population that can really benefit from the qualities that a whey protein isolate offer opposed to the regular concentrate.

Side Effects

I noticed no side effects at all from using ISO100 by Dymatize.

Conclusion

Dymatize have recently done a full re-haul on their entire product line and I have to admit that it was a pretty good decision. They changed up their look and their products as well leading to some seriously improved formulas though they typically come at a higher price point, the extra $$$ is worth it for a superior overall product. Though most individuals that "think" they want to use whey protein isolate as their main protein powder source are likely throwing their money away for a product they absolutely don't need. As I explained earlier, if you are a competitor or have gastrointestinal issues due to milk ingredients from regular whey concentrate then give ISO100 a try, otherwise make sure to do your research cause I'd say only 10% of gym-goers would actually benefit otherwise save your money and get the regular stuff. Either way, ISO100 is an excellent product for what it is and should be a go-to option for anyone looking at whey protein isolate options. Cheers fellas!
      • Birthday Cake: 8/10

November 28, 2017

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Low Cals And Carbs
      • Taste
      • Lactose Free
      • Mixes Good
      • Great Product

Who doesn't need extra protein , I know I do, and if you are even just a active person you should probably be taking more protein than you are getting.
        I have used Dymatize proteins for a long time and always have liked them. But this is the first time I have used the Isolate protein from them.

Fast digesting blend of hydrolyzed and isolate protein. With less than one gram of sugar, and 25 grams of protein per scoop and almost zero fat and only 2 carbs ( chocolate coconut ). You get all that in a 32 gram scoop and hit 120 calories which is really low for a protein. One reason why I really like isolates.

I had the chocolate coconut which was awesome!. It was light and yet sweet. Really great for a late night sweet tooth attack. Another reason I like Isolates is how easy the mix up. A few shakes and they are done , Nice and light. No foaming and no bloating or heavy feeling either.

Well it is a protein. Hard to judge other than breaking down how well it digest's and sit's on your stomach. For me it was perfect to use anytime of the day. For breakfast it was nice to have my eggs then be able to drink down another 25 grams of protein and still not feel bloated . Also taking the prior to the gym was nice to have some protein in the system and not have that heavy feeling in the gym either. Trust me feeling heavy and bloated is not fun doing deadlifts. I feel this proved to help with recovery and may have been one reason I was making some solid gain's in the gym. Lifts was all going up and I was losing some of my stomach at the same time. I think having the added BCAA in this dose help with recovery as anyone would think.
        Never once did this upset my stomach or bother me.

Well it is a Isolate protein so it is going to be more than just a whey or blend. But you are getting some good quality protein and this is still not a bad price. So well priced in fact that I know exactly what Isolate protein I will be getting from now on. Also they have some really awesome flavor picks too.
        For around 60 - 75 bucks you can get a 70 serving tub of some of the best tasting Isolates out there right now.

Side Effects

zero

Conclusion

Dymatize knows how to make a top quality protein and keep the wallet from screaming . Hard to beat the kind of combo. I really want to try some of the other flavors they have too. If you are looking for a isolate to try I really want to suggest you give this one a go.

November 14, 2017

• 0 Carbs And Fat
        • Mixes Good
        • Lactose Free
        • Taste
        • Low Cals And Carbs
        • Little Pricey

First off I want to thank Dymatize for letting us have the chance to give this product a try. This has been a review I have needed to do for awhile now. I got this back in August and now finally getting the chance to do my review for it. I did claim this off the trooper program but never got it and it got auto canceled because it took so long to show up. A couple weeks after it was auto canceled I did get it and I decided I would still help them out and do my review for it even thought I did not have to. ISO proteins are nice to have once in awhile but feel they are not real important to have all the time and tend to be a little more spendy compared to regular whey.

This consists of hydrolyzed whey protein isolate, and whey protein isolate. These are fast digesting proteins. You get 25g of protein in this which I think should be the standard amount you should at least be getting. You get 110 calories, zero fat, less than 1 gram of sugar, 2g carbs. Also you get 5.5g of BCAAs and 2.7g Leucine. It's nice getting the extra BCAAs for extra recovery. Also you get 4.4g of glutamine which I really like. This is a very simple and clean protein you will find.

I got the cookies & cream flavor. It was not to bad. A little light on taste I thought. I had to be careful how much water I added to this. If I added to much water it gave it a bit more water down taste. I would have liked the taste to have been a little stronger but that would mean they would have to add more fillers and then it would not be as clean a protein. It was nothing to bad but still easy to want to drink.

Seemed to mix up just find and no clumping at all. I would normally do 1 scoop post workout. For an ISO protein I feel post workout is best time to take it because it is a fast digesting protein and need that to get into my system right away when I get done working out.

This I thought was very simple and effective for me. Like I said above I don't normally use ISO proteins (mainly because they cost more) and found this to be good to have for a little change. Do I think ISO proteins are that much better than regular whey no not a real lot. I would say if your cutting more so ISO proteins are better to use. I do like that they digest a lot faster into your system than regular whey but that is something you won't really be able to notice much of. Since I am trying to bulk more so I would rather have regular whey protein. I do think this worked good for me. With this being so clean ingredient wise I feel this helped me lean up a little more and had less bloating issues I noticed. I was still able to make some gains but feel it helped me maintain more than anything. I feel I leaned out a little more and was able to put on a little more leaner muscle mass and not look and full in my muscle. That bloated look I get a lot in my muscle I was not noticing that as much from this. This I thought was good for hitting your macros. If I knew I was not going to be getting the macros in for that day this was good to help make up for that. Since it's a much cleaner protein I was ok with having another shake for that day and know I was not going to be getting a lot of extra calories from other stuff I did not want.

I think overall my recovery was pretty good from this. Lately I have been upping my workouts a little more and going a little heavier and adding a couple extra sets than I normally do. I figured with upping my workouts a bit more I would be a little more sore but I feel this really helped eliminate that extra soreness I thought I would get. Even my DOMs felt a lot better and were a lot less noticeable. I think with the added BCAAs it helped aid me a little more in my recovery. Also I thought this was very good on my stomach. This never gave me any unset stomach issues or unwanted trips to the bathroom. After I would take this I seem to feel more full for awhile after my workouts. Since I don't usually eat my next meal for awhile after I get done working out this was nice to have so it could take some of my appetite away until I was ready to eat.

The cheapest I could find this was on allstarhealth.com. I was sent the 5lb tub and they want $60.99 for 76 servings in the cookies & cream flavor which I got. Considering ISO protein's are a little more expensive I think this is a decent price for this. On a lot of other sites they want around $75 so I don't think this is to bad a price for this.

Side Effects

Nothing I noticed.

Conclusion

Overall I was rather impressed with this protein. With as clean and effective as this was I found it to be a pretty good protein for me. I feel this really helped me in a lot of areas. Do I think ISO proteins are that much better than regular whey no not a real lot. I would say if your trying to cut this is a better choice to look at in the way of proteins. I know ISO proteins are a little more costly but you will usually get (but not always) a more cleaner ingredient profile compared to a lot of other regular whey proteins. I would highly recommend giving this a try. I think you need to try ISO proteins yourself to see how they affect you so you can better judge them to see if they are worth the extra cost. Taste wise you will really enjoy this and no stomach issues with this protein. I would be more than happy to give this another try but would like to try some of their other flavors. Again I want to give a big shout out to Dymatize for making this product and letting me have the chance to try it.
        • Cookies & Cream: 7/10

Overall
        Overall
        8.9
          November 13, 2017

Cons:
        • Taste
        • Low Cals And Carbs
        • Good Quality
        • Lactose Free
        • Mixes Well
        • 0 Carbs And Fat
        • Great Product
        • Little Pricey

I started my last Dymatize review by stating that I had not used many of their products in the past. Well, now I'm kind of a repeat customer. I've now gone through a couple of tubs of Iso-100, and still have another 2 sitting here.

At this point, I'm basically just throwing my 2 cents in, as Iso-100 has been reviewed quite a bit lately. However, I do owe them a review, so here it goes.

It is a blend of hydrolyzed and isolate protein. Both of these are the most bioavailable forms of protein you can get, and also extremely fast-digesting. While some argue that this may be overrated, especially since whey concentrate provides the same results as long as macros are met, there are other benefits to having an isolate protein.

Some that comes to mind are the lower amount of lactose, the lack of bloating, the better mixability... the list goes on.

You get no fat, less than one gram of sugar, and 25 grams of protein per scoop. That is pretty much as low as you are going to get when it comes to protein.

I've tried several flavors or Iso-100. They all taste pretty good. So far, chocolate coconut has been my favorite, with peanut butter being my least favorite(yet still good). Birthday cake was enjoyable as well.

Check out my flavor ratings below.

It mixes perfectly. If you mix enough water in there, is does not thicken it up whatsoever. Never had one clump.

Well, this is a simple protein powder. However, due to it being an isolate, you can figure that any side effects that some people typically get from whey are going to be non-existent. I had no bloating whatsoever.

I won't really comment on recovery. I did take this post-workout from time to time, but I am not a huge "post-workout" protein shake guy. I was really taking this due to the lack of fat and sugar. Unlike Elite Xt, Iso-100 truly shines as it is optimal for anyone who is cutting. The lack of fat and low sugar is great.

I looked forward to drinking it, which is something I actually consider because it just makes getting enough protein in more enjoyable.

You can find this for around $50. For 44 servings, it is a little more expensive than a basic whey concentrate or whey/iso blend, however, it is by no means too expensive. You are getting a very clean and easy digestible protein powder, without sacrificing taste.

Worth at least picking up a small tub to try... AT LEAST

Side Effects

Conclusion

Well, this is simple. Iso-100 is a great option for people who want a higher-quality protein powder. There are plenty of flavors to choose from, and your stomach will more than likely have no issues with it. The priced is slightly higher than other whey protein powders, but I feel is still worth the price.

It's pretty much a staple in my cabinet at this point. Can't say it isn't after acquiring 4 tubs of it. Quality is what you're getting here.
        • Birthday Cake: 8/10