(Better than 97% in Protein > Whey Protein)

Dymatize ISO-100 is a hydrolyzed whey protein isolate supplement - a much more clean protein than whey concentrate products. As far as whey isolates go, Dymatize ISO-100 is known to be more affordable than most, while still tasting great and being highly effective.
DEALS

Protein > Whey Protein

October 17, 2017

• Clean Profile

As I mentioned in a recent review for another of their products, I'm a fan of Dymatize as a brand. In my experience they produce quality supplements at an affordable price, thus I was eager to try out Iso-100 when it opened up to the Troopers. My sincere apologies to Dymatize for the delay in posting this review.

Dymatize's Iso-100 is a clean, no frills whey protein isolate. Each scoop is a lean 110 calories containing 25g of protein, 5.5g BCAAs, no fat, and only 1g of carbohydrates. About as pure and simple as you can find and exactly what I look for in a protein supplement.

I requested and received the Chocolate Peanut Butter flavor which I enjoyed. Not overly flavored although you can tell it's artificially sweetened. This did not bother me at all, but I read that some other users found the taste to be too sweet for their liking. As for mixability, the powder is very fine and appears to be high quality. Mixed easily with almost no clumping or foaming.

I recently resumed an Intermittent Fasting eating protocol and thus Iso-100 as my bridge "meal" between lunch and dinner.

In my last few protein reviews I've quoted Petey on his stance on protein effectiveness as it mirrors my own. That being that the minuscule differences in protein effectiveness noted by a user outside of a lab environment are overblown by users saying a certain product is more effective than another. This is especially true for someone like myself who is not an elite athlete (nowhere near it). This position doesn't change for me even with a whey isolate protein product, which is touted as being better absorbed and more efficient/effective than whey protein concentrate.

In my opinion protein powder is a staple of a well-balanced diet. Also, provided the product is not total garbage and your diet and exercise regimes are dialed in, you'll see results regardless of the product you're using. This was the case with Iso-100. It helped me progress toward my goals and meet my macros, but I can't say I experienced a significant difference in gains as a direct result. I did appreciate the addition of 5.5gs of BCAAs for recovery support. I generally supplement BCAAs regardless, but another clinically-effective dose is always solid.

I'll include the fact that Iso-100 never caused me any indigestion or gas; an indication of its quality. It also did not keep me as full as a protein blend, which is to be expected given whey isolate is digested quickly

The best value for Iso-100 is a 5lb tub which will net you 73 scoops of protein at a total cost of ~$75. Basically $1.00 per scoop. While most generic whey proteins go for a bit less, ~.80c per scoop, whey isolates are generally more expensive. NutraBio's whey isolate will cost you $1.33 per scoop for example. Again, I don't prescribe to the notion that one needs a high quality protein to see results, but if you're committed to whey isolate as your primary post-workout protein source then Iso-100 offers a great price point.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Overall Iso-100 would be one of my first choices for a whey protein isolate. It's hard to beat from both a profile and a price perspective. Even if you're not a whey isolate devotee, Iso-100 is still worth a try.
    • Chocolate Peanut Butter: 7/10

Other Prices:
    TF Supplements   $29.99
    eSupplements   $29.99
    A1Supplements   $74.99

October 15, 2017

Cons:
    • Taste
    • Mixes Good
    • Great Product

Thank you to Dymatize and the SR Trooper program for this great opportunity. I keep reading about Dymatize and how good their supplements are but never took the opportunity to try one of their products. When I saw this pop up on the Trooper list I knew I couldn't miss the chance to give it a try.

In one scoop you get 110 calories and 25 grams of protein. Zero fat and only 1g of carbs. Protein is from Hydrolyzed Whey Protein Isolate and Whey Protein Isolate. Sucralose and Stevia are both in here. You also get 2.7g of Leucine and 4.4g of Glutamine. I like the sources of protein they use and the Leucine and Glutamine are "nice to haves".

I had the birthday cake flavor and it was pretty darn yummy. It tasted like vanilla cake as I expected it to. Not to sweet and not too bland. It mixed fine with no issues in a shaker cup with one scoop of powder and 8-10 ounces of almond milk or two scoops of powder and 16 ounces of almond milk. I would dose it most of the time twice daily at one scoop. Once first thing in the morning and then once post workout. For the days where I had off days I would do a two scooper in the morning or if I forgot forgot to drink it in the morning due to rushing around, I would do a two scooper post workout. On days when I already hit my protein macros through diet, the shake in the morning would be my only one for that day.

This protein did exactly what I expected it to do. Here were my expectations:
      Daily Macro Goals-I want my protein shakes to help me hit my daily macro goals, which it did. If I was short on my protein or calorie goals through diet for that particular day I would use a shake to make up the difference.
      Help keep me full-I also want my protein shakes to help keep me full to avoid eating extra calories throughout the day which this did. After drinking a shake I would not be hungry for at least an hour and a half which is about the time I would eat my next meal which leads me into my next expectation....
      Good Digestion-I had zero issues digesting this protein. No gas, upset stomach or other issues.
      Progression in my lifts-I continued to hit the short term goals and make the gains I expected to.
      Recovery-The recovery seemed better than most protein powders I have used in the past. I was also using a pretty decent BCAA at the same time so I cant contribute all of the recovery to this but I noticed on chest days it took me 4 days to fully recover in the past. About two weeks after starting this I seemed to feel a better recovery on the third day. This is not to say I was completely recovered on the third day but there was less soreness than in the past during the same time frame.

This can be found currently on AllStarHealth.com for the three pound tub with 45 servings at $42.49 which comes out to $0.94 per serving or the five pound tub with 76 servings which comes out to $0.80 per serving. Either way you look at it, this is a good price for a good protein.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Dymatize has a good protein supplement on their hands. This did what I expected my protein powders to do as I mentioned in the effectiveness section. If you are looking for a good protein supplement that is priced just as good I would run out and buy this. Just a side note: I cant wait to try their new PWO.
      • Birthday Cake: 7/10

Other Prices:
      TF Supplements   $29.99
      eSupplements   $29.99
      A1Supplements   $74.99

September 27, 2017

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Lactose Free
      • Low Cals And Carbs
      • Too Sweet!

First review here guys!
      Stumbled upon SR while looking up which supps to buy, and found it to be unbiased and holding a vast database.
      After reading a couple of reviews, I thought it would be not too bad to add to the knowledge pool my 2 cents.

Currently at 85 Kgs, at about 20% BF.
      Current goal: Buff up to 90 Kgs at 10-12% BF.
      I would love to review products like whey, BCAAs, Pre-workout, and protein snacks.

Sip on BCAAs all day...

25g protein; 5.5g BCAAs; 2g Carbs (1g Sugar).

Very satisfied with the ingredients. Beats most of Whey Supplements in the low carb category.

Mixability:
      8/10.
      Very good. Hardly leaves any residue after about 5 good shakes.

Taste:
      5/10.
      All my Whey powders are always chocolate. I tried cookies and cream once and it was a nope for me. Strawberry ones are OK once in a while, but chocolate is the way to go for me. The Gourmet chocolate, I had heard, is a "bit" sweet, but this mixture is just way too sweet to even drink! I struggle to get it into my system because of the overdose of sweetness. With water, it is unbearable, with milk, it is extremely unbearable!
      For this reason and this reason alone, I will not be buying this flavor again. Also had a little bit of chemical taste but nothing too bad. 5

8.5/10.
      Fills me up rightaway post-workout, and keeps me from midnight hunger pangs when used before bed.
      Feel energetic and satisfied after having.

7/10.
      Even though it is a very clean formula, with whey isolate, and no protein spiking, it is still a bit on the pricier side of wheys.
      Even though it is a great formula, but considering the above factor, and the overly sweet taste, I doubt I will ever buy it again.

Side Effects

The first day I had post-workout it I had a bit of an acidic stomach. The same at bed time. This was repeated the second day, really not comfortable feeling. However, 3rd day onwards, my system started getting used to it and the acidity is little to none now. Still, there are cleaner formulas out there that do not have this side effect for me.
      Other than that, there is no strange recurring aftertaste. Also, no explosive farts (since no nitrogen spiking), so it is OK to have it before a date ;)

Conclusion

7/10.
      Even though a very effective formula, with low carbs, high protein isolate, and no nitrogen spiking, this formula proves to be one of the best in the market. But that comes with a price tag that is a little towards the pricey side.
      I would have bought this formula agian, but the extra sweet taste (Gourmet chocolate) is something that I cannnot seem to get used to! Maybe I will try a different flavor next time, or maybe I will skip it and move to a cheaper, better tasting whey with a similar label.
      • Gourmet Chocolate: 6/10

September 14, 2017

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Low Cals And Carbs
      • Lactose Free
      • Good Quality
      • Foam

Dymatize proteins used to be my go-to sources of proteins back in the early college days. I enjoyed the taste of them and they were a bit cheaper than the Optimum Nutrition line, which was probably the biggest protein brand around that time.

This protein powder is extremely clean. You really cannot ask for a cleaner protein. In the strawberry flavor I received, it contains 110 calories, 0 fat, 1 g carbs (<1 g sugar), and 25 g of protein. The protein comes from two high-quality sources: hydrolyzed whey protein isolate and whey protein isolate. A big of a negative to me is that is contains artificial flavors, soy lecithin, and Sucralose. At least it is colored with beet powder as opposed to an artificial dye.

Taste 6/10: I requested and received the strawberry flavor and I found it to be kind of chemical tasting. Was not really a fan of the flavor although it was not awful. I used it exclusively in water, so mixing it with a milk may yield better results.

Mixability 6/10: When using a shaker, this foamed up very badly. I never had any issues with any clumps or any settling, but the foaming added to the chemical taste. The foam also would not subside for a while, so a few seconds of waiting after shaking it did not even solve the problem.

Dosing 10/10: Add a scoop to beverage of choice and consume whenever.

I used this mostly as a post-workout protein, although I had some scoops occasionally mid-afternoon if I needed some more protein before heading off to work. This digested very smoothly and never gave me any issues. It was a very light protein, so it is ideal post-workout obviously being hydrolyzed and an isolate. It is not the best as a snack in my opinion because it did not hold me over for long. This protein was extremely clean and it fit perfectly in my macros. Hard to tell if I recovered any better while using this than using another protein.

Iso-100 is offered in three different sizes: 1.6 pounds (24 servings), 3 pounds (45 servings), and 5 pounds (72 servings). On AllStarHealth, you can purchase it for $26 for the 1.6 pound tub, $43 for the 3 pound, and $61 for the 5 pound. There is about a $6 flat rate shipping on that site, so that has to be taken in consideration. You are going to pay around or even a little under $1 per serving for an isolate, which is a very appealing price point.

Side Effects

Conclusion

If you are in the market for a clean nutritional profile or prefer isolates over concentrates, then definitely consider Iso-100. I am unsure if I noticed much of a difference between this and a concentrate, but it is definitely cleaner of a profile. I would just opt to go with a different flavor in the future. Thank you Dymatize for sending it out!
      • Strawberry: 6/10

September 4, 2017

Cons:
      • Taste
      • Low Cals And Carbs
      • Lactose Free
      • 0 Carbs And Fat
      • Mixes Well
      • Improved Recovery
      • Little Bit Sweet

A thanks to Dymatize for their participation here on SR.com. Today, I discuss my experience with their whey protein isolate, Iso-100. While their exists several protein sources out on today's market in various supplements, whey isolate is often the more preferred source as it virtually free in lactose, carb, fat, and cholesterol. Hence, why it is the more preferred choice among those with weight loss goals. Of course, like all protein supplements, it can find its place in any fitness regimen requiring additional protein intake. Furthermore, isolate is also highly bioavailable, making the raw material it provides to muscles and the body in general more plentiful.

Iso-100 supplies 25g of hydrolyzed whey protein isolate per serving. Each serving yields 110 calories, 1g of carbs, 2g of sugar, and a little calcium.

It contains no fat or cholesterol. In addition, it is gluten and lactose free.

Lastly, each serving provides 5.5g of BCAAs with 2.7g being leucine. Doesn't seem like much at first, but considering whey protein isolate's bioavailability, this is an efficient quantity providing you get the rest from your diet, or perhaps additional supplements.

I received the chocolate coconut flavor and I did enjoy it, particularly in milk. However, I did use water as well and also added it to additional shake preparations and even foods like greek yogurt and oatmeal. It was very good and had a rich chocolate taste with a hit of coconut nuttiness.

Mixability was good and I never had a problem with globs or clumps. I did notice that if I used a shaker cup that it did have a little foaming, but nothing too bad.

I used two servings a day, primarily with a light pre workout meal and post workout. On non-training days, I would take the servings in the mid afternoon and sometime in the evening.

I use protein primarily to aid in my recovery and act as an aid in getting in all of my protein requirements. This is with all of the protein products I use, regardless what sources are included in the supplement.

I liked how Iso-100 allowed me to intake additional protein without any added unnecessary fats, sugars, or carbs. I am currently on a lean bulk, but like all dietary favorable aspects, it's important to keep your intake of all micros and macros clean, That includes getting your calories and everything else from good wholesome food mostly, but also making sure any supplements you're using don't add any unwanted quantities of the bad stuff. Iso-100 supplied me with sufficient protein supplementation of high quality, while helping to keep my caloric intake in check and avoiding unwanted additives.

My recovery stayed strong with Iso-100 particularly thanks to both the protein supplementation and extra BCAAs. DOMS pre, post, and even intra workout was reduced. Next day soreness was also less and I was able to continue hitting my workouts equally strong.

The value is going to depend heavily on a couple of things. One is the size of the tub you decide to purchase and two, how often you take the product. A 1.6 lbs tub (24 servings) goes for about 30 dollars, 3 lbs tub (45 servings) is about 50 dollars, and a 5lbs (72 servings) tub is roughly 75 dollars. Dymatize was VERY generous and sent me a full 5 lbs tub, giving me 72 servings. It's common for isolate products to be more pricey than your traditional whey concentrate products. Given Iso-100s quality and effectiveness, I'd say all of these prices are fair for the most part. It does get pricey if you use additional servings daily, but being that these products often have sales at various times, I think it is worth the investment at least for the smaller tubs.

Side Effects

Conclusion

If you are an avid fan and user of whey protein isolate, Dymatize Iso-100 is one to try out. The favorable macro content and extra BCAAs will help in muscle anabolism support, recovery, and weight loss should that be your goal. As I always recommend, be sure to catch it on sale and always remember to get the main quantities of your nutrients from good wholesome food.

WARMACHINE OUT!!!

GO RED SOX!!!
      • Chocolate Coconut: 8/10

April 3, 2017

Cons:
      • Taste
      • Low Cals And Carbs
      • Good Quality
      • Foam

Hey Everyone, I've been using SR for about 4 years to purchase sups based off of the genuine reviews this site has to offer, first finding out about it on google. I am a recently separated Air Force guy attending college so fitness has been a part of my lifestyle for a while but I have been throwing the iron around for about 8 years. I am currently on a cut heading into this spring/ summer so I'll be sharing my experiences with supplements from that realm such as JYM Shred, Erase Pro, Alphamine, Xpel and leaner proteins with the first review being this one, ISO 100 by Dymatize!

Short and sweet:
      25G Protein
      1G Carbs
      0G of fat

This is where this product shines. I will compare this to a popular protein Gold Standard Whey by ON (not hydrolyzed I know, ON's Hydrowhey has 2-3G Carbs, 1G Fat per serving FYI). The macro breakdown for Gold Standard is 24G Protein, 3G Carbs, 1G Fat (Vanilla Ice Cream Flavor). I Typically take 3-4 scoops of protein a day depending on my schedule so lets break that down. 4 Scoops of Gold Standard is going to give you 12G Carbs, 3G of fat vs. ISO 100 which will only give you 4G Carbs, 0G Fat. Now to some that doesn't seem like much but to others who drop carbs down to the sub 150G range that is everything. Picture you being very low on macros at the end of the day and you're looking forward to that 1 serving of chocolate rice cakes that you think you have enough macros left for... Well sorry, those 12G of Carbs from your protein shakes took up the 11G you thought you had left for the rice cake. Dramatic, but hopefully this gets the point across.

Smooth Banana flavor-

Taste 8.6: Smooth Banana tastes pretty good, I suggest it to those who always stick to chocolate as a nice change of pace. This banana flavor is a little less sweet than expected probably due stevia being a sweetener.

Mixability 7.1: FOAM; The product dissolves flawlessly however, be prepared to wait out the foam that occurs from using a shaker cup as over half of the mixture will consist of it. Takes about a minute for the foam to completely go away, not a huge issue but worth noting.

Dosing 9: Nothing extraordinary, 30G of powder per scoop, with a red scooper.

I feel leaner while taking a hydrolyzed protein most likely due to less bloating from it being filtered. Clean way to knock out your protein requirements for the day.

I believe that supplements prices should mirror the results you get from them being you get what you pay for. That being said, I purchased the 76 serving 5LB Tub for around 57.99 (USD) while Bodybuilding.com was running a sale. This product does normally run at 74.99 though which seems pretty expensive but with 76 servings you are looking at about 99 cents a serving which for 25 grams of protein is very affordable! A Real life comparison being those fresh packs of tuna going for a dollar with only 17 grams of protein (Did this guy just mention tuna in a protein review?).

Side Effects

Conclusion

You get what you put into your fitness journey, supplementing with a protein powder like this one will get you one step closer to your goal physique plain and simple. Have fun and GET AFTER IT.

November 16, 2016

Cons:
      • Taste
      • Low Cals And Carbs
      • Mixes Good
      • Little Bit Sweet

I'm a competing powerlifter, and I go through a lot of protein powder (I eat too, I swear). I've tried out a number of different brands and look for products that taste good, have good macros, are from reputable brands, and of course, are affordable.

The ingredient list is pretty short. It's just whey isolate, flavoring, and soy oil, which I'm guessing is an emulsifier. Each scoop has 24g protein, 1g carbs (0g sugar), and 0g fat.

The flavor I got was Orange Dreamsicle, which is inspired by those orange cream pops. I didn't actually like those very much as a kid, but I've heard people raving about this flavor for at least a year and decided to give it a shot. It was pretty good. The orange flavor is there and it reminds me of sherbert. If I was a fan of orange cream pops, I'd probably be obsessed with this product.

The mixability was great. I used a shaker cup and water, and it was smooth. It was pretty thick considering that it's an isolate and that I used water. It's a great option for the times that I don't have access to a blender and/or milk, which is how I prefer to make my shakes.

This is a bit hard to gauge since you don't feel protein, but I would say that Dymatize's product is effective. For me, the only way a protein powder is ineffective is if it's not meeting it's label claim (i.e. you're getting cheap aminos and not actual protein) or if it's inedible (due to taste, texture, etc).

Dymatize's protein has been shown to meet label claims (through third party testing), and the product tasted pretty good, so for me, the effectiveness is on point.

For a whey isolate, the price is pretty fair (of course depends on the store). I expect whey concentrates to be $7-$10/pound depending on the brand, the store and quantity and I expect whey isolates to be $12-15/pound. I've seen Dymatize ISO 100 for $12.64/lb, so to me that's pretty competitive.

Side Effects

Didn't have any side effects, and I wouldn't expect any unless you have a whey allergy or were allergic to one of the sweeteners. My Dad's lactose intolerant and he has no trouble with this product.

Conclusion

All and all, a solid product from a reputable brand. I'd recommend it for those who are looking for a whey isolate, and if you're fine with concentrates, Dymatize has cheaper concentrates and blended protein options.
      • Orange Dreamsicle: 8/10

June 22, 2016

Cons:
      • Taste
      • Low Cals And Carbs
      • Lactose Free
      • 0 Carbs And Fat
      • Mixes Good
      • Great Product
      • Gluten Free
      • Little Pricey

Before I switched up and went to Myprotein, Dymatized ISO-100 was my go to protein. The fact that it's lactose free does wonders for me and for you gluten-free people, it's that too! After working out, my mouth would salivate just shaking this protein up in my bottle because I knew how great it would taste.

With one 30 gram scoop of ISO-100 you're hit with 25 grams of protein. Other than that it only has 100 calories in it and less than 1 carb... so you don't have to worry about feeling bad drinking it. Even better, there is ZERO fat and ZERO sugar in it which after tasting it, you would think was a lie because of how good it taste.

As I tried a couple different flavors of ISO-100, Cinnamon Bun is my top favor.

Taste (10/10): I'll assume most of you have eaten Cinnamon Toast Crunch and this stuff tastes like the milk you get to drink out of the bowl afterwards. (if you haven't, you're really missing out) Regardless of mixing it with water or in some type of milk, the flavor is still there. I would definitely recommend drinking it cold but regardless, it's delicious.

Mixability (10/10): With how weightless this powder is because of how it's hydrolyzed, it's hard not to get some of it on your counter. Regardless of that, once you drop a scoop into whatever you feel like drinking with it, it dissolves within a couple shakes. There was NEVER clumps and the foam wasn't bad. It that did happen, it dissolved quickly.

Dosing (10/10): One 30 gram scoop gives you 25 grams of protein but if you're feeling like you want more definitely go for 2 scoops. Your shake will certainly taste and look like a milkshake. Even if you're craving something sweet late at night, it's a great choice.

While using Iso-100, the 25 grams of protein helped me get the extra protein I need. I definitely remember being less sore while being on this. Along with that, I can say it's useful if you want to cut because of it's low calories and low carbs.

The cheapest I've seen ISO-100 was for about $30 for about 1.5lbs and around $50 for 3lbs. If you have the money, definitely spend the money on it, you won't be disappointed... especially if you buy Cinnamon Bun.

Side Effects

There was no side affects while drinking this protein which is another reason it's so great.

Conclusion

Overall, this was probably one of my favorite proteins I've had. Just writing this review makes me want to buy it again since i haven't had it in a while. See you soon ISO-100, you have been missed!
      • Cinnamon Bun: 10/10
      • Fudge Brownie: 9/10

March 4, 2015

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Lactose Free
      • Best Tasting
      • Actually Works
      • High Protein
      • High Quality
      • Gluten Free
        Product Mixed and Displayed: http://goo.gl/Gw5kpn

My name is Kalan, and weightlifting is a hobby of mine that I excel at while being a Endomorph I am also very successful at putting on muscle mass. I have tried many different supplements and in this case whey protein powder. I have had many brands and used many formulas since I was a teenager but have definitely broadened my selection as I became older. This review is covering the product from Dymatize in three flavors: Birthday Cake, Fudge Brownie, and Orange Dreamsicle.

Preface
        I am reviewing this product that I have had, and I am writing this review because I feel my experience is valuable just as many others. When reviewing a product I research it more extensively than I have done before purchasing it, which is not what I would recommend. Guys and Gals, please do some research on products that you are going to consume! Look on SupplementReviews.com for detailed honest reviews, but still research the ingredients for yourself so you will not have as much of a issue and/or will more likely see the results that you are looking for.

When researching Dymatize ISO-100 you will come across a little scare that this product has faced, so I am going to outline it below so you will not be alarmed. Dymatize: ISO-100, Elite Whey, and Elite XT have been tested CLEAN and FREE of false labeling. The Spanish retailer MiGimnasio processed tests on ISO-100 and Elite Whey (later Elite XT was tested), and their tests showed 6.53% less protein and 19.53% increase of carbs! Long story short, the products they had tested was confirmed to be counterfeit (European Origin). To read more about the entire report and the testing done, please read this link: http://goo.gl/gBak6h

Again I repeat, Dymatize has been confirmed to be what is on the label.

Nutrition Facts (10/10)

Label: http://goo.gl/2MEy5k

Reading off the label you can see this is a VERY PURE Whey Isolate: Hydrolyzed Whey Protein Isolates, Natural and Artificial Flavors, Salt, Sucralose, Stevia Extract. What is the point of taking Hydrolyzed Whey? It is a more pure/higher quality form of Whey Protein that is absorbed more efficiently and quickly. Due to the quick digestion of the Hydrolyzed Whey, there is a spike of amino acids in the blood which stimulates protein synthesis causing an increase of amino acid oxidation (breakdown of amino acids for energy). This is fine, because there is less wasted protein (loss in GI tract) as it is used immediately rather than stored (whey is more anabolic than other protein sources).

Great article about Hydrolyzed Whey and its benefits: http://goo.gl/Lnq2dn

This section gets a 10/10, it is not 100% natural (not advertised as such either) but pretty dang close without having to pay extra for it! Hardly any fillers in here also, with minimal ingredients! 0g Fat, 0g Sugar, High Protein, Low Calorie!

Mixability (9/10)
        Compared to the other products of whey or other formulated protein powders this powder comes out on top in my experience, as it mixes really well. Mixing this with water was fine, and with milk it was slightly better (whole milk was used). I tested this out with 1 rounded scoop and 12 ounces of water/milk, and then with 2 rounded scoops and 24 ounces of water/milk. There were no clumps formed and it was completely mixed, but required to be mixed in between extended periods of time due to settling (flavoring can been seen on the bottom, look in the images provided in this review).

Fully Mixed: http://goo.gl/4qNMde
        No Residuals: http://goo.gl/w7zGmG

Taste (Individually Rated Below)
        I had three different flavors: Birthday Cake (9.2/10), Fudge Brownie (8.5/10), and Orange Dreamsicle (8.2/10). Taste is very subjective and biased, as I may like a flavor better than someone else but then their favorite flavor could be my least favorite. As you can see my favorite flavor is Birthday Cake, it is simply amazing! I am not too much of a chocolate fan, but the Fudge Brownie literally tastes like Brownie Mix! It would be amazing for baking recipes, low fat/sugar/high protein brownies! Orange Dreamsicle started to taste better and better each time as it grew on me. It was very tasty, just like a Orange Dreamsicle.

Value (9.5/10)
        The cost on this is a bit higher than your typical Whey Protein Blend, but what you get is higher quality and it is definitely worth it! I compared this to Optimum Nutrition Platinum HydroWhey and had to break out my calculator, because Optimum Nutrition doesn't have the same size containers/serving size. Below are the numbers:

Protein Per Pound
        ON HydroWhey: 342 grams
        Dymatize ISO-100: 365 grams

Cost Per Serving:
        ON HydroWhey: $1.43
        Dymatize ISO-100: 81 cents

As you can see the Dymatize ISO-100 is 56.7% cheaper per serving (62 cents cheaper), but ON HydroWhey contains additional BCAA's (micronized) and an Enzyme Blend. I will not get into the ingredients for ON, but it does contain more ingredients than Dymatize.

Effectiveness (9.5/10)
        It is proven that consuming a protein powder Post Workout will aid in recovery, which Dymatize ISO-100 delivered. I had no issues digesting this as compared to blended protein products, at which I didn't feel any bloat.

Conclusion (7.5/10)
        This is a very solid product (not literally, it is a powder), and high quality. If you are looking for an excellent tasting, high protein powder that contains no real sugar and is low carb then look no further! I would recommend this product to anyone who is wanting protein powder regardless of their goal.

Bottom Line
        Protein powders are not always necessary and not for everyone, because the best nutrition you can get is from REAL food which is cheaper and more effective than ANY powder. While you may not have the time to catch a meal, or you are cutting back on calories, or even just want to hit your macronutrient needs then this is the product for you! I have enjoyed Dymatize ISO-100 and will definitely be purchasing it again in the future!

August 5, 2014

Cons:
        • Taste
        • Low Cals And Carbs
        • Lactose Free
        • Mixes Well
        • Good Quality
        • 0 Carbs And Fat
        • Great Product
        • Little Pricey
        First review -- picked one of my favourites for this, let's go!

A bit about myself:
        5'10", 185lb. Mostly doing a 4 day bodybuilding type split but with a focus on at least one heavy compound lift every lifting day. I do yoga most off days and run once in a while. I've been lifting for several years on and off. I work for a supplement retailer in Canada so I've tried just about every type of protein under the sun so I've got a bit to compare this stuff to.

I'm not taking many other supplements that would interfere with my perception of this protein; just a fish oil, greens formula, multivitamin, and vitamin D, which I have been taking for a long time.

Taste/Mixability (10/10):
        I have the birthday cake flavour and hoooolllyyy I love this stuff. It is like a very sweet vanilla flavour but it's actually very reminiscent of actual cake. I pretty much have to hold myself back from having 4 shakes per day. This protein mixes extremely well in water, and the couple times I have tried it in milk it has been fine. Very rarely get clumps, and there is very little foam. Can't really ask for much better. NOTE: If you don't like really sweet protein this one may not be for you.

Effectiveness (10/10):
        As we all know, it's pretty hard to rate the effectiveness of a protein, but assuming it is a 100% hydrolyzed whey (as the label advertises) it should be pretty damn effective! I guess I feel like I'm recovering pretty well while I'm taking this stuff, but I can't say it's heaps better than any other high quality whey isolate. It does digest extremely well, though, as a hydrolyzed protein should so it seems like it's legitimate.

Value (7/10):
        This stuff is pretty expensive. As a poor student I probably wouldn't buy it if I didn't work at a supplement store (unless it was on sale). It does taste and mix amazingly well, and it is a great protein, but I think if you're on a budget you'd be better off with a cheaper mixed-whey. Once I'm done school and making some real money this will still be my go-to post workout/morning protein!

Overall (8/10):
        I'd recommend just about everyone at least try this protein! I've also tried the vanilla, banana, brownie, and cookies and cream flavours of this protein (a couple sample packs of each) but the BDay cake flavour definitely stands out as the best so far. If you're on a tight budget it may not be for you, but anyone else should at least consider it for a post (or even intra)-workout fast absorbing protein.