(Better than 98% in Protein > Whey Protein)

Dymatize ISO-100 is a hydrolyzed whey protein isolate supplement - a much more clean protein than whey concentrate products. As far as whey isolates go, Dymatize ISO-100 is known to be more affordable than most, while still tasting great and being highly effective.
ARTICLES
DEALS

Protein > Whey Protein

February 5, 2018

• Low Cals And Carbs
  • Taste
  • Good Quality
  • Mixes Well
  • Multitude Of Flavors
  • Little Pricey

First and foremost I would like to thank Dymatize Nutrition for sending me out their product so I could try it and review it for you guys. I would also like to thank SR for providing me the opportunity and the tools so that I can share with you guys my experience.

Very simple profile ... very top notch ...

120 Calories
1 gram of Fat
10mg of Cholesterol
2 grams of Carbs
Protein 25g

So I received the Peanut Butter flavor and it was spot on. I think they just added the peanut butter powder to the protein powder so relatively this was an easy flavor to make. Still, I liked it a lot! I usually had one spoon with 6 oz of milk and it didn't take long to finish.

This is a very easy to drink protein supplement that will have you enjoy every sip. It really is not going to be very difficult to reach your macros with this product if you had a limitless budget. You only need to consume 6 oz of fluid to get 25 grams of protein so getting more is not that difficult. This also stays very easy on your stomach so having more after a hard workout won't be that difficult.

Usually the largest tub you going to get is going to save you the most money ... so it would be logical to go with the 5lb tub. That's going to cost you 1$ per serving or if you want to be very accurate it's 0.042 cents per protein ... This will cost you just a little less than the Nutrabio ... but definitely more than our top contender.

Side Effects

Conclusion

It's a good product that is top quality ... it's definitely in my top three ... The taste was awesome. The quality was great I didn't feel it on my stomach at all. I could have probably drink this right before a soccer game and I don't think I would have felt it. Although, in the end ... it's all about price per value and I feel like our top contender has a leading edge ...
  • Peanut Butter: 10/10

Other Prices:
Ill Pump You Up   $29.95
BodyBuilding.com   $29.99
TF Supplements   $29.99

January 1, 2018

• Low Cals And Carbs
  • Taste
  • Good Quality
  • Great Product

Protein is the main staple of my supplement stack as well as many others. I'm always on the lookout for a new protein powder to try, although this wasn't a blend I had to give it a shot. Why give it a shot? The biggest reason is because of the brand.... Dymatize is one of the better supplement companies out there. I've been using Dymatize supplements for a while now and they haven't let me down with quality & price.

The ingredient profile is fairly simple.... it features:
    Per Serving 1 scoop (32G)
    120 Calories w/ 5 coming from Fat
    2g of Total Carbohydrates
    1g of Sugar
    25g of Whey Protein Isolate - purest form available w/ protein concentrations of 90% or higher. 1)

Dymatize also goes over typical amino acid profiles w/ 25g total amino acids per serving
    2:1:1 BCAA Ratio 5.5g
    11.8g EAAs
    27% CEAAs to include 4.4g Glutamine
    26% Non-EAAs 6.5g

1) https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3905294/

Taste - For this review I received the Chocolate Coconut flavor which is one of many flavors available. The flavor was great, it had a strong chocolate flavor with a hint of coconut.

Mixability- No issues in regards to mixability... Since this is an isolate it mixed up smoothly. During processing of Whey Protein Isolate there is a big removal of fat & lactose.

Dosing- Really no wrong way to dose protein powder. For the most part I mixed a scoop of protein powder with 5 oz of water following my second workout. On non-training days I mixed up one scoop right upon waking up in the morning.

It can be hard to judge the effectiveness of protein powders. I like to use two different points of emphasis to judge: Recovery & Digestibility. Dymatize hit the mark in both of those areas. There were no issues with digestion or bloating that can come with milk protein sources. With regular whey protein I usually have some bad bloating issues. Isolate is a good choice if you have digestibility issues with milk protein. I felt my recovery was improved following training sessions and even made some nice strides with PRs. Because of the taste this product also helps you fill your daily macro goals. Because of the taste you can have a shake or bake with it.

The cheapest value I could find was on allstarhealth.com - They have 1.6lb Tubs for $25.49 (23 Servings) while 5lb tubs cost $60.99 (75 servings). For the 1.6lb tub your paying about $1.11 per serving which is a little high. However your pretty much always going to pay up for a isolate protein powder. I'd go with the bigger 5lb tub where a serving costs around .81 cents. That is a great deal in my opinion.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Dymatize continues to put out quality products especially with protein. This hit on all areas for me and because of this I'm looking to buy the bigger tubs and try new flavors. I definitely recommend trying out this product! Thanks again to Dymatize for participating in the SR TROOP Program.

Other Prices:
    Ill Pump You Up   $29.95
    BodyBuilding.com   $29.99
    TF Supplements   $29.99

December 30, 2017

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Good Quality
    • Mixes Well
    • Little Pricey

Hello my friends and fellow supplement users. I am a 45 year old workout and supplement junky. I have been trying to drop fat and gain muscle. While I was using this I was lifting 4 days a week and then hitting cardio. Towards the end I switched to the Insanity program. I started at #210 pounds and ended at 204. In my log you are between pages 47-52. I would also like to thank Dymatize and the SRTrooper program for giving me the opportunity to run this product.

Protein is protein except when it is not...... So let us take a look at what is under the hood of this product.

25 Grams of protein, coming from Hydrolyzed protein isolate and Whey protein Isolate. This is a nice amount to add to your daily needs. If you want to you can 2 scoop it, I however always used a single scoop.

This product is low in fat (.5G) and carbohydrates (2g).

It is a pretty clean profile in my opinion. It does use Soy Lecithin, which a lot of products do, but I don't see an issue with it anyway.

I chose the Gourmet chocolate and found it to be a refreshing taste. Because I used it in a few different ways I will say that the taste mixed well with my smoothie flavors. I also found that with less liquid you get a stronger taste, go figure right?

I mixed this in the following ways. In a shaker bottle with water, using anywhere between 6 and 14 ounces. I have the metal whisk ball in mine and found that it mixed with minimal effort and left no clumpies to make you grumpy. I also added it to my smoothies. Which had 12 ounces of water and a bunch of fruit and veggies. I used a Vitamix blender and the only thing I noticed was that it made the drink frothier.

Dosing of any protein supplement is easy in my opinion. I have gone through times where I used multiple drinks a day, to my current, when I feel I need it. The directions say 5 to 8 ounces of water, milk or favorite before and take pretty much whenever you feel you need it. A lot of people use Hydrolyzed protein post workout in the mythical golden half hour post workout. However you decide to take it, it goes down easy.

I used this product as a protein supplement. That being said I didn't use it everyday. I have found that I don't need to. I used it on days that I didn't have time to get the protein as well as days I felt I needed more recovery. I found that while I was on this I had good recovery from my workouts. I also felt that I could use this post workout and then still eat within an hour. This is a benefit from Hydrolyzed protein for me anyway. All in all I say this was very effective for what and how I used it.

I received the 1.6 pound tub which had "about 23" servings. This is $1.30 per serving. Now this is Hydrolyzed protein which is higher quality and digests faster which means it costs more. My problem is that I don't know that I can notice a difference. So this is a little pricey for me. Realize to me price is based off of what I would pay for. I liked their Elite XT product, this one is probably just a little to good for my taste. So for a Hydrolyzed protein it isn't a bad deal, however for me, I don't think I need this high of a product.

As of 12/30/2017 they have it listed from 29.99 to 74.99.

As of 12/30/2017 they have it listed from 29.99 to 74.99

Side Effects

I had no negative side effects from this product.

Conclusion

So we have a high grade product at a pretty reasonable price. I know that I enjoyed using this product. I also know that after a little time off I noticed my recovery not being quite as good as it was when I was on it. Therefore I say you should give this a try. I myself tend to stick to Whey Concentrate products, so unless I find this on sale I don't think it will be a staple for me. However for those of you who need the speed of Hydrolyzed protein or find a good deal on this, I say pick up a tub and give it a shot.
    • Gourmet Chocolate: 8/10

December 26, 2017

Cons:
    • Taste
    • Excellent Ingredient Profile
    • Uses Only Whey Isolates
    • Little Pricey

The use of the higher purity whey protein products like isolates give consumers a more pure protein source without having to worry about inclusions of lactose or other milk derived ingredients that could cause increased bloating or gastrointestinal discomfort that could also potentially ruin an otherwise perfect competition prep. In my past I've only exclusively used whey protein isolates for the last couple weeks prior to competition to put my stomach at ease and reduce bloating but I'm sure plenty of other people take this route for reducing gastrointestinal issues they may get from regular whey concentrate. Quick shout out to Dymatize for giving me the opportunity to try out their new ISO100 formula. Now lets see how it stacks up to the competition!

Calories: 110
    Total Fat: 0g
    Sodium: 160mg
    Potassium: 100mg
    Total Carbs: 1g
    Sugars: <1g
    Protein: 25g
    (Hydrolyzed whey protein isolate, Whey protein isolate)
    I must say that aside for the higher than average sodium content that is moderately counteracted by the potassium, this ingredient profile is damn near perfect for a whey isolate protein. It's fat free and is nearly free from any added carbohydrates with the protein being totally sourced from whey isolates! It utilizes sucralose and stevia to make the sweet flavors possible while avoiding any increase in carbohydrates, which could be a negative for some but there's really no other way to create a tasty no carbohydrate protein powder. ISO100 is a true whey protein isolate that has a profile that rivals and surpasses nearly any competitor in the whey isolate category in my book. Kudos to Dymatize for capitalizing on all aspects of a quality whey isolate product.

I had the chance to try out ISO100's Birthday Cake flavor that actually does do a great job of capturing the flavor without going too sweet! It's not overly clumpy or bubbly and goes down easy. It uses a pretty standard protein scooper that I'm sure everyone is used to seeing by now and can be easily mixed into any sized water bottle with a little creative scooper pinch engineering. Great overall taste especially considering how clean the ingredient profile is! Well done Dymatize!

During my time using ISO100, I tried using it as my sole protein supplement to compare it concerning any bloating to the whey protein concentrate I'm accustomed to using. I did notice some mildly improved bloating during post-workout home posing sessions that I've been doing daily since I've got a competition coming up in a few months so I need to make sure I'm still on point with my physique come prep time and ISO100 was very helpful at keeping my lines tighter following a hard workout session by reducing any bloating. It also tastes great after a hard workout and considering that most elite whey isolates are made nearly equal, it really comes down to taste in the end and ISO100 delivers.

I searched around the internet and was able to find multiple sources that sold ISO100 for ~$25 for the 1.6lb tub I used, which pits it at just north of $1 per serving. Considering that it's a small tub and a very high quality product that even tastes pretty great I would have to give the value a thumbs up at this price. You really do get what you pay for but I feel like it can be a rather niche-y population that can really benefit from the qualities that a whey protein isolate offer opposed to the regular concentrate.

Side Effects

I noticed no side effects at all from using ISO100 by Dymatize.

Conclusion

Dymatize have recently done a full re-haul on their entire product line and I have to admit that it was a pretty good decision. They changed up their look and their products as well leading to some seriously improved formulas though they typically come at a higher price point, the extra $$$ is worth it for a superior overall product. Though most individuals that "think" they want to use whey protein isolate as their main protein powder source are likely throwing their money away for a product they absolutely don't need. As I explained earlier, if you are a competitor or have gastrointestinal issues due to milk ingredients from regular whey concentrate then give ISO100 a try, otherwise make sure to do your research cause I'd say only 10% of gym-goers would actually benefit otherwise save your money and get the regular stuff. Either way, ISO100 is an excellent product for what it is and should be a go-to option for anyone looking at whey protein isolate options. Cheers fellas!
    • Birthday Cake: 8/10

November 28, 2017

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Low Cals And Carbs
    • Taste
    • Lactose Free
    • Great Product

Who doesn't need extra protein , I know I do, and if you are even just a active person you should probably be taking more protein than you are getting.
      I have used Dymatize proteins for a long time and always have liked them. But this is the first time I have used the Isolate protein from them.

Fast digesting blend of hydrolyzed and isolate protein. With less than one gram of sugar, and 25 grams of protein per scoop and almost zero fat and only 2 carbs ( chocolate coconut ). You get all that in a 32 gram scoop and hit 120 calories which is really low for a protein. One reason why I really like isolates.

I had the chocolate coconut which was awesome!. It was light and yet sweet. Really great for a late night sweet tooth attack. Another reason I like Isolates is how easy the mix up. A few shakes and they are done , Nice and light. No foaming and no bloating or heavy feeling either.

Well it is a protein. Hard to judge other than breaking down how well it digest's and sit's on your stomach. For me it was perfect to use anytime of the day. For breakfast it was nice to have my eggs then be able to drink down another 25 grams of protein and still not feel bloated . Also taking the prior to the gym was nice to have some protein in the system and not have that heavy feeling in the gym either. Trust me feeling heavy and bloated is not fun doing deadlifts. I feel this proved to help with recovery and may have been one reason I was making some solid gain's in the gym. Lifts was all going up and I was losing some of my stomach at the same time. I think having the added BCAA in this dose help with recovery as anyone would think.
      Never once did this upset my stomach or bother me.

Well it is a Isolate protein so it is going to be more than just a whey or blend. But you are getting some good quality protein and this is still not a bad price. So well priced in fact that I know exactly what Isolate protein I will be getting from now on. Also they have some really awesome flavor picks too.
      For around 60 - 75 bucks you can get a 70 serving tub of some of the best tasting Isolates out there right now.

Side Effects

zero

Conclusion

Dymatize knows how to make a top quality protein and keep the wallet from screaming . Hard to beat the kind of combo. I really want to try some of the other flavors they have too. If you are looking for a isolate to try I really want to suggest you give this one a go.

November 14, 2017

• 0 Carbs And Fat
      • Lactose Free
      • Taste
      • Low Cals And Carbs
      • Little Pricey

First off I want to thank Dymatize for letting us have the chance to give this product a try. This has been a review I have needed to do for awhile now. I got this back in August and now finally getting the chance to do my review for it. I did claim this off the trooper program but never got it and it got auto canceled because it took so long to show up. A couple weeks after it was auto canceled I did get it and I decided I would still help them out and do my review for it even thought I did not have to. ISO proteins are nice to have once in awhile but feel they are not real important to have all the time and tend to be a little more spendy compared to regular whey.

This consists of hydrolyzed whey protein isolate, and whey protein isolate. These are fast digesting proteins. You get 25g of protein in this which I think should be the standard amount you should at least be getting. You get 110 calories, zero fat, less than 1 gram of sugar, 2g carbs. Also you get 5.5g of BCAAs and 2.7g Leucine. It's nice getting the extra BCAAs for extra recovery. Also you get 4.4g of glutamine which I really like. This is a very simple and clean protein you will find.

I got the cookies & cream flavor. It was not to bad. A little light on taste I thought. I had to be careful how much water I added to this. If I added to much water it gave it a bit more water down taste. I would have liked the taste to have been a little stronger but that would mean they would have to add more fillers and then it would not be as clean a protein. It was nothing to bad but still easy to want to drink.

Seemed to mix up just find and no clumping at all. I would normally do 1 scoop post workout. For an ISO protein I feel post workout is best time to take it because it is a fast digesting protein and need that to get into my system right away when I get done working out.

This I thought was very simple and effective for me. Like I said above I don't normally use ISO proteins (mainly because they cost more) and found this to be good to have for a little change. Do I think ISO proteins are that much better than regular whey no not a real lot. I would say if your cutting more so ISO proteins are better to use. I do like that they digest a lot faster into your system than regular whey but that is something you won't really be able to notice much of. Since I am trying to bulk more so I would rather have regular whey protein. I do think this worked good for me. With this being so clean ingredient wise I feel this helped me lean up a little more and had less bloating issues I noticed. I was still able to make some gains but feel it helped me maintain more than anything. I feel I leaned out a little more and was able to put on a little more leaner muscle mass and not look and full in my muscle. That bloated look I get a lot in my muscle I was not noticing that as much from this. This I thought was good for hitting your macros. If I knew I was not going to be getting the macros in for that day this was good to help make up for that. Since it's a much cleaner protein I was ok with having another shake for that day and know I was not going to be getting a lot of extra calories from other stuff I did not want.

I think overall my recovery was pretty good from this. Lately I have been upping my workouts a little more and going a little heavier and adding a couple extra sets than I normally do. I figured with upping my workouts a bit more I would be a little more sore but I feel this really helped eliminate that extra soreness I thought I would get. Even my DOMs felt a lot better and were a lot less noticeable. I think with the added BCAAs it helped aid me a little more in my recovery. Also I thought this was very good on my stomach. This never gave me any unset stomach issues or unwanted trips to the bathroom. After I would take this I seem to feel more full for awhile after my workouts. Since I don't usually eat my next meal for awhile after I get done working out this was nice to have so it could take some of my appetite away until I was ready to eat.

The cheapest I could find this was on allstarhealth.com. I was sent the 5lb tub and they want $60.99 for 76 servings in the cookies & cream flavor which I got. Considering ISO protein's are a little more expensive I think this is a decent price for this. On a lot of other sites they want around $75 so I don't think this is to bad a price for this.

Side Effects

Nothing I noticed.

Conclusion

Overall I was rather impressed with this protein. With as clean and effective as this was I found it to be a pretty good protein for me. I feel this really helped me in a lot of areas. Do I think ISO proteins are that much better than regular whey no not a real lot. I would say if your trying to cut this is a better choice to look at in the way of proteins. I know ISO proteins are a little more costly but you will usually get (but not always) a more cleaner ingredient profile compared to a lot of other regular whey proteins. I would highly recommend giving this a try. I think you need to try ISO proteins yourself to see how they affect you so you can better judge them to see if they are worth the extra cost. Taste wise you will really enjoy this and no stomach issues with this protein. I would be more than happy to give this another try but would like to try some of their other flavors. Again I want to give a big shout out to Dymatize for making this product and letting me have the chance to try it.
      • Cookies & Cream: 7/10

Overall
      Overall
      8.9
        November 13, 2017

Cons:
      • Taste
      • Low Cals And Carbs
      • Good Quality
      • Lactose Free
      • Mixes Well
      • 0 Carbs And Fat
      • Great Product
      • Little Pricey

I started my last Dymatize review by stating that I had not used many of their products in the past. Well, now I'm kind of a repeat customer. I've now gone through a couple of tubs of Iso-100, and still have another 2 sitting here.

At this point, I'm basically just throwing my 2 cents in, as Iso-100 has been reviewed quite a bit lately. However, I do owe them a review, so here it goes.

It is a blend of hydrolyzed and isolate protein. Both of these are the most bioavailable forms of protein you can get, and also extremely fast-digesting. While some argue that this may be overrated, especially since whey concentrate provides the same results as long as macros are met, there are other benefits to having an isolate protein.

Some that comes to mind are the lower amount of lactose, the lack of bloating, the better mixability... the list goes on.

You get no fat, less than one gram of sugar, and 25 grams of protein per scoop. That is pretty much as low as you are going to get when it comes to protein.

I've tried several flavors or Iso-100. They all taste pretty good. So far, chocolate coconut has been my favorite, with peanut butter being my least favorite(yet still good). Birthday cake was enjoyable as well.

Check out my flavor ratings below.

It mixes perfectly. If you mix enough water in there, is does not thicken it up whatsoever. Never had one clump.

Well, this is a simple protein powder. However, due to it being an isolate, you can figure that any side effects that some people typically get from whey are going to be non-existent. I had no bloating whatsoever.

I won't really comment on recovery. I did take this post-workout from time to time, but I am not a huge "post-workout" protein shake guy. I was really taking this due to the lack of fat and sugar. Unlike Elite Xt, Iso-100 truly shines as it is optimal for anyone who is cutting. The lack of fat and low sugar is great.

I looked forward to drinking it, which is something I actually consider because it just makes getting enough protein in more enjoyable.

You can find this for around $50. For 44 servings, it is a little more expensive than a basic whey concentrate or whey/iso blend, however, it is by no means too expensive. You are getting a very clean and easy digestible protein powder, without sacrificing taste.

Worth at least picking up a small tub to try... AT LEAST

Side Effects

Conclusion

Well, this is simple. Iso-100 is a great option for people who want a higher-quality protein powder. There are plenty of flavors to choose from, and your stomach will more than likely have no issues with it. The priced is slightly higher than other whey protein powders, but I feel is still worth the price.

It's pretty much a staple in my cabinet at this point. Can't say it isn't after acquiring 4 tubs of it. Quality is what you're getting here.
      • Birthday Cake: 8/10
      • Peanut Butter: 7/10

October 23, 2017

• Great Product

A very big shoutout to Dymatize for sending me out their ISO 100 to review. Unfortunately it is not marked down as a trooper review because the order was never marked as shipped and was cancelled but I still received it! I am a 26 year old firefighter from Ohio. My main fitness goals are to maintain a solid shape for my job and to build muscle mass / strength.

This is a fairly easy and straight forward label to break down. There are no proprietary blends which is awesome. Let's start with the nutrition facts. Each scoop is 120 calories. Each serving contains 1 gram of fat, 2 grams of carbs, 1 gram of sugar and 25 grams of protein. That amount of protein is awesome because is on the average to slightly above average amount I have been seeing in protein powder supplements. That's a very impressive breakdown in my overall opinion. The protein is hydrolized whey protein isolate and whey protein isolate. Other than that there is just ingredients that are added for flavor that vary between the flavors.

The taste was absolutely phenomenal. This is definitely the best tasting protein I've yet to try. I received the peanut butter flavor and it tasted spot on perfect. Big thumbs up to Dymatize in that regard. It tasted like liquid peanut butter. I always used milk when I used this product. It mixed up perfectly everytime and I had no issues at all with any settling or leftover powder. The dosing seems just right with one scoop being 32 grams. The scoop size is about average to most other proteins I have seen.

For me this supplement worked just as well as it tasted. I usually would drink this before my lift on the way to the gym. It was so good though it usually didn't even make it halfway there and I live pretty close lol. The muscle building effect was definitely noticeable. I made some good lean muscle gains during the time I used this. I felt like my muscle recovery was spot on as well. I never felt overly sore the following days and I maintained the same level of intensity with workouts as before I started the product. Although it's not advertised on the label it definitely also helped out with not eating a ton of peanut butter or other sweets. It hit my sweet tooth and satisfied it.

I found it cheapest at allstarhealth.com for 42.99 for the 3lb tub I received. It contains 43 servings so it breaks down to about 1 dollar per serving. That might be a little higher than some are looking to pay but with the results and overall enjoyment of it I found it to be very worth it. Keep in mind as well that I also seen it offered in 1.6 and 5 pound tubs at varying prices.

Side Effects

I experienced no negative side effects during my usage of this product. I will say though that this flavor does include peanut flour so anyone with a peanut allergy or sensitivity will probably have to avoid this flavor. I am no sure if any other flavors include it as well.

Conclusion

Well to conclude this I will say overall I am very impressed by Dymatizes ISO 100. It tastes amazing, works like advertised and never disappointed me! I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a new protein powder to try. To anyone looking for a protein supplement to hit certain macros this label will definitely please you. I definitely see myself purchasing this again to use multiple times in my future. Once again a very big thank you and thumbs up to Dymatize!!
        • Peanut Butter: 10/10

October 17, 2017

• Clean Profile

As I mentioned in a recent review for another of their products, I'm a fan of Dymatize as a brand. In my experience they produce quality supplements at an affordable price, thus I was eager to try out Iso-100 when it opened up to the Troopers. My sincere apologies to Dymatize for the delay in posting this review.

Dymatize's Iso-100 is a clean, no frills whey protein isolate. Each scoop is a lean 110 calories containing 25g of protein, 5.5g BCAAs, no fat, and only 1g of carbohydrates. About as pure and simple as you can find and exactly what I look for in a protein supplement.

I requested and received the Chocolate Peanut Butter flavor which I enjoyed. Not overly flavored although you can tell it's artificially sweetened. This did not bother me at all, but I read that some other users found the taste to be too sweet for their liking. As for mixability, the powder is very fine and appears to be high quality. Mixed easily with almost no clumping or foaming.

I recently resumed an Intermittent Fasting eating protocol and thus Iso-100 as my bridge "meal" between lunch and dinner.

In my last few protein reviews I've quoted Petey on his stance on protein effectiveness as it mirrors my own. That being that the minuscule differences in protein effectiveness noted by a user outside of a lab environment are overblown by users saying a certain product is more effective than another. This is especially true for someone like myself who is not an elite athlete (nowhere near it). This position doesn't change for me even with a whey isolate protein product, which is touted as being better absorbed and more efficient/effective than whey protein concentrate.

In my opinion protein powder is a staple of a well-balanced diet. Also, provided the product is not total garbage and your diet and exercise regimes are dialed in, you'll see results regardless of the product you're using. This was the case with Iso-100. It helped me progress toward my goals and meet my macros, but I can't say I experienced a significant difference in gains as a direct result. I did appreciate the addition of 5.5gs of BCAAs for recovery support. I generally supplement BCAAs regardless, but another clinically-effective dose is always solid.

I'll include the fact that Iso-100 never caused me any indigestion or gas; an indication of its quality. It also did not keep me as full as a protein blend, which is to be expected given whey isolate is digested quickly

The best value for Iso-100 is a 5lb tub which will net you 73 scoops of protein at a total cost of ~$75. Basically $1.00 per scoop. While most generic whey proteins go for a bit less, ~.80c per scoop, whey isolates are generally more expensive. NutraBio's whey isolate will cost you $1.33 per scoop for example. Again, I don't prescribe to the notion that one needs a high quality protein to see results, but if you're committed to whey isolate as your primary post-workout protein source then Iso-100 offers a great price point.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Overall Iso-100 would be one of my first choices for a whey protein isolate. It's hard to beat from both a profile and a price perspective. Even if you're not a whey isolate devotee, Iso-100 is still worth a try.
          • Chocolate Peanut Butter: 7/10

October 15, 2017

Cons:
          • Taste
          • Mixes Good
          • Great Product

Thank you to Dymatize and the SR Trooper program for this great opportunity. I keep reading about Dymatize and how good their supplements are but never took the opportunity to try one of their products. When I saw this pop up on the Trooper list I knew I couldn't miss the chance to give it a try.

In one scoop you get 110 calories and 25 grams of protein. Zero fat and only 1g of carbs. Protein is from Hydrolyzed Whey Protein Isolate and Whey Protein Isolate. Sucralose and Stevia are both in here. You also get 2.7g of Leucine and 4.4g of Glutamine. I like the sources of protein they use and the Leucine and Glutamine are "nice to haves".

I had the birthday cake flavor and it was pretty darn yummy. It tasted like vanilla cake as I expected it to. Not to sweet and not too bland. It mixed fine with no issues in a shaker cup with one scoop of powder and 8-10 ounces of almond milk or two scoops of powder and 16 ounces of almond milk. I would dose it most of the time twice daily at one scoop. Once first thing in the morning and then once post workout. For the days where I had off days I would do a two scooper in the morning or if I forgot forgot to drink it in the morning due to rushing around, I would do a two scooper post workout. On days when I already hit my protein macros through diet, the shake in the morning would be my only one for that day.

This protein did exactly what I expected it to do. Here were my expectations:
            Daily Macro Goals-I want my protein shakes to help me hit my daily macro goals, which it did. If I was short on my protein or calorie goals through diet for that particular day I would use a shake to make up the difference.
            Help keep me full-I also want my protein shakes to help keep me full to avoid eating extra calories throughout the day which this did. After drinking a shake I would not be hungry for at least an hour and a half which is about the time I would eat my next meal which leads me into my next expectation....
            Good Digestion-I had zero issues digesting this protein. No gas, upset stomach or other issues.
            Progression in my lifts-I continued to hit the short term goals and make the gains I expected to.
            Recovery-The recovery seemed better than most protein powders I have used in the past. I was also using a pretty decent BCAA at the same time so I cant contribute all of the recovery to this but I noticed on chest days it took me 4 days to fully recover in the past. About two weeks after starting this I seemed to feel a better recovery on the third day. This is not to say I was completely recovered on the third day but there was less soreness than in the past during the same time frame.

This can be found currently on AllStarHealth.com for the three pound tub with 45 servings at $42.49 which comes out to $0.94 per serving or the five pound tub with 76 servings which comes out to $0.80 per serving. Either way you look at it, this is a good price for a good protein.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Dymatize has a good protein supplement on their hands. This did what I expected my protein powders to do as I mentioned in the effectiveness section. If you are looking for a good protein supplement that is priced just as good I would run out and buy this. Just a side note: I cant wait to try their new PWO.
            • Birthday Cake: 7/10