(Better than 98% in Protein > Whey Protein)

Dymatize ISO-100 is a hydrolyzed whey protein isolate supplement - a much more clean protein than whey concentrate products. As far as whey isolates go, Dymatize ISO-100 is known to be more affordable than most, while still tasting great and being highly effective.
ARTICLES

Protein > Whey Protein

November 28, 2017

Cons:
  • Taste
  • Mixes Good
  • Low Cals And Carbs
  • Lactose Free
  • Good Quality
  • Great Product

Who doesn't need extra protein , I know I do, and if you are even just a active person you should probably be taking more protein than you are getting.
    I have used Dymatize proteins for a long time and always have liked them. But this is the first time I have used the Isolate protein from them.

Fast digesting blend of hydrolyzed and isolate protein. With less than one gram of sugar, and 25 grams of protein per scoop and almost zero fat and only 2 carbs ( chocolate coconut ). You get all that in a 32 gram scoop and hit 120 calories which is really low for a protein. One reason why I really like isolates.

I had the chocolate coconut which was awesome!. It was light and yet sweet. Really great for a late night sweet tooth attack. Another reason I like Isolates is how easy the mix up. A few shakes and they are done , Nice and light. No foaming and no bloating or heavy feeling either.

Well it is a protein. Hard to judge other than breaking down how well it digest's and sit's on your stomach. For me it was perfect to use anytime of the day. For breakfast it was nice to have my eggs then be able to drink down another 25 grams of protein and still not feel bloated . Also taking the prior to the gym was nice to have some protein in the system and not have that heavy feeling in the gym either. Trust me feeling heavy and bloated is not fun doing deadlifts. I feel this proved to help with recovery and may have been one reason I was making some solid gain's in the gym. Lifts was all going up and I was losing some of my stomach at the same time. I think having the added BCAA in this dose help with recovery as anyone would think.
    Never once did this upset my stomach or bother me.

Well it is a Isolate protein so it is going to be more than just a whey or blend. But you are getting some good quality protein and this is still not a bad price. So well priced in fact that I know exactly what Isolate protein I will be getting from now on. Also they have some really awesome flavor picks too.
    For around 60 - 75 bucks you can get a 70 serving tub of some of the best tasting Isolates out there right now.

Side Effects

zero

Conclusion

Dymatize knows how to make a top quality protein and keep the wallet from screaming . Hard to beat the kind of combo. I really want to try some of the other flavors they have too. If you are looking for a isolate to try I really want to suggest you give this one a go.
    • Chocolate Coconut: 9/10

Other Prices:
    AllStarHealth   $25.49
    Ill Pump You Up   $29.95
    A1Supplements   $74.99

November 14, 2017

• Lactose Free
    • Taste
    • Low Cals And Carbs
    • Little Pricey

First off I want to thank Dymatize for letting us have the chance to give this product a try. This has been a review I have needed to do for awhile now. I got this back in August and now finally getting the chance to do my review for it. I did claim this off the trooper program but never got it and it got auto canceled because it took so long to show up. A couple weeks after it was auto canceled I did get it and I decided I would still help them out and do my review for it even thought I did not have to. ISO proteins are nice to have once in awhile but feel they are not real important to have all the time and tend to be a little more spendy compared to regular whey.

This consists of hydrolyzed whey protein isolate, and whey protein isolate. These are fast digesting proteins. You get 25g of protein in this which I think should be the standard amount you should at least be getting. You get 110 calories, zero fat, less than 1 gram of sugar, 2g carbs. Also you get 5.5g of BCAAs and 2.7g Leucine. It's nice getting the extra BCAAs for extra recovery. Also you get 4.4g of glutamine which I really like. This is a very simple and clean protein you will find.

I got the cookies & cream flavor. It was not to bad. A little light on taste I thought. I had to be careful how much water I added to this. If I added to much water it gave it a bit more water down taste. I would have liked the taste to have been a little stronger but that would mean they would have to add more fillers and then it would not be as clean a protein. It was nothing to bad but still easy to want to drink.

Seemed to mix up just find and no clumping at all. I would normally do 1 scoop post workout. For an ISO protein I feel post workout is best time to take it because it is a fast digesting protein and need that to get into my system right away when I get done working out.

This I thought was very simple and effective for me. Like I said above I don't normally use ISO proteins (mainly because they cost more) and found this to be good to have for a little change. Do I think ISO proteins are that much better than regular whey no not a real lot. I would say if your cutting more so ISO proteins are better to use. I do like that they digest a lot faster into your system than regular whey but that is something you won't really be able to notice much of. Since I am trying to bulk more so I would rather have regular whey protein. I do think this worked good for me. With this being so clean ingredient wise I feel this helped me lean up a little more and had less bloating issues I noticed. I was still able to make some gains but feel it helped me maintain more than anything. I feel I leaned out a little more and was able to put on a little more leaner muscle mass and not look and full in my muscle. That bloated look I get a lot in my muscle I was not noticing that as much from this. This I thought was good for hitting your macros. If I knew I was not going to be getting the macros in for that day this was good to help make up for that. Since it's a much cleaner protein I was ok with having another shake for that day and know I was not going to be getting a lot of extra calories from other stuff I did not want.

I think overall my recovery was pretty good from this. Lately I have been upping my workouts a little more and going a little heavier and adding a couple extra sets than I normally do. I figured with upping my workouts a bit more I would be a little more sore but I feel this really helped eliminate that extra soreness I thought I would get. Even my DOMs felt a lot better and were a lot less noticeable. I think with the added BCAAs it helped aid me a little more in my recovery. Also I thought this was very good on my stomach. This never gave me any unset stomach issues or unwanted trips to the bathroom. After I would take this I seem to feel more full for awhile after my workouts. Since I don't usually eat my next meal for awhile after I get done working out this was nice to have so it could take some of my appetite away until I was ready to eat.

The cheapest I could find this was on allstarhealth.com. I was sent the 5lb tub and they want $60.99 for 76 servings in the cookies & cream flavor which I got. Considering ISO protein's are a little more expensive I think this is a decent price for this. On a lot of other sites they want around $75 so I don't think this is to bad a price for this.

Side Effects

Nothing I noticed.

Conclusion

Overall I was rather impressed with this protein. With as clean and effective as this was I found it to be a pretty good protein for me. I feel this really helped me in a lot of areas. Do I think ISO proteins are that much better than regular whey no not a real lot. I would say if your trying to cut this is a better choice to look at in the way of proteins. I know ISO proteins are a little more costly but you will usually get (but not always) a more cleaner ingredient profile compared to a lot of other regular whey proteins. I would highly recommend giving this a try. I think you need to try ISO proteins yourself to see how they affect you so you can better judge them to see if they are worth the extra cost. Taste wise you will really enjoy this and no stomach issues with this protein. I would be more than happy to give this another try but would like to try some of their other flavors. Again I want to give a big shout out to Dymatize for making this product and letting me have the chance to try it.
    • Cookies & Cream: 7/10

Other Prices:
    AllStarHealth   $25.49
    Ill Pump You Up   $29.95
    A1Supplements   $74.99

Overall
    Overall
    8.9
      November 13, 2017

Cons:
    • Taste
    • Low Cals And Carbs
    • Lactose Free
    • Mixes Well
    • Good Quality
    • 0 Carbs And Fat
    • Great Product
    • Little Pricey

I started my last Dymatize review by stating that I had not used many of their products in the past. Well, now I'm kind of a repeat customer. I've now gone through a couple of tubs of Iso-100, and still have another 2 sitting here.

At this point, I'm basically just throwing my 2 cents in, as Iso-100 has been reviewed quite a bit lately. However, I do owe them a review, so here it goes.

It is a blend of hydrolyzed and isolate protein. Both of these are the most bioavailable forms of protein you can get, and also extremely fast-digesting. While some argue that this may be overrated, especially since whey concentrate provides the same results as long as macros are met, there are other benefits to having an isolate protein.

Some that comes to mind are the lower amount of lactose, the lack of bloating, the better mixability... the list goes on.

You get no fat, less than one gram of sugar, and 25 grams of protein per scoop. That is pretty much as low as you are going to get when it comes to protein.

I've tried several flavors or Iso-100. They all taste pretty good. So far, chocolate coconut has been my favorite, with peanut butter being my least favorite(yet still good). Birthday cake was enjoyable as well.

Check out my flavor ratings below.

It mixes perfectly. If you mix enough water in there, is does not thicken it up whatsoever. Never had one clump.

Well, this is a simple protein powder. However, due to it being an isolate, you can figure that any side effects that some people typically get from whey are going to be non-existent. I had no bloating whatsoever.

I won't really comment on recovery. I did take this post-workout from time to time, but I am not a huge "post-workout" protein shake guy. I was really taking this due to the lack of fat and sugar. Unlike Elite Xt, Iso-100 truly shines as it is optimal for anyone who is cutting. The lack of fat and low sugar is great.

I looked forward to drinking it, which is something I actually consider because it just makes getting enough protein in more enjoyable.

You can find this for around $50. For 44 servings, it is a little more expensive than a basic whey concentrate or whey/iso blend, however, it is by no means too expensive. You are getting a very clean and easy digestible protein powder, without sacrificing taste.

Worth at least picking up a small tub to try... AT LEAST

Side Effects

Conclusion

Well, this is simple. Iso-100 is a great option for people who want a higher-quality protein powder. There are plenty of flavors to choose from, and your stomach will more than likely have no issues with it. The priced is slightly higher than other whey protein powders, but I feel is still worth the price.

It's pretty much a staple in my cabinet at this point. Can't say it isn't after acquiring 4 tubs of it. Quality is what you're getting here.
    • Birthday Cake: 8/10
    • Chocolate Coconut: 9/10
    • Peanut Butter: 7/10

October 23, 2017

• Great Product

A very big shoutout to Dymatize for sending me out their ISO 100 to review. Unfortunately it is not marked down as a trooper review because the order was never marked as shipped and was cancelled but I still received it! I am a 26 year old firefighter from Ohio. My main fitness goals are to maintain a solid shape for my job and to build muscle mass / strength.

This is a fairly easy and straight forward label to break down. There are no proprietary blends which is awesome. Let's start with the nutrition facts. Each scoop is 120 calories. Each serving contains 1 gram of fat, 2 grams of carbs, 1 gram of sugar and 25 grams of protein. That amount of protein is awesome because is on the average to slightly above average amount I have been seeing in protein powder supplements. That's a very impressive breakdown in my overall opinion. The protein is hydrolized whey protein isolate and whey protein isolate. Other than that there is just ingredients that are added for flavor that vary between the flavors.

The taste was absolutely phenomenal. This is definitely the best tasting protein I've yet to try. I received the peanut butter flavor and it tasted spot on perfect. Big thumbs up to Dymatize in that regard. It tasted like liquid peanut butter. I always used milk when I used this product. It mixed up perfectly everytime and I had no issues at all with any settling or leftover powder. The dosing seems just right with one scoop being 32 grams. The scoop size is about average to most other proteins I have seen.

For me this supplement worked just as well as it tasted. I usually would drink this before my lift on the way to the gym. It was so good though it usually didn't even make it halfway there and I live pretty close lol. The muscle building effect was definitely noticeable. I made some good lean muscle gains during the time I used this. I felt like my muscle recovery was spot on as well. I never felt overly sore the following days and I maintained the same level of intensity with workouts as before I started the product. Although it's not advertised on the label it definitely also helped out with not eating a ton of peanut butter or other sweets. It hit my sweet tooth and satisfied it.

I found it cheapest at allstarhealth.com for 42.99 for the 3lb tub I received. It contains 43 servings so it breaks down to about 1 dollar per serving. That might be a little higher than some are looking to pay but with the results and overall enjoyment of it I found it to be very worth it. Keep in mind as well that I also seen it offered in 1.6 and 5 pound tubs at varying prices.

Side Effects

I experienced no negative side effects during my usage of this product. I will say though that this flavor does include peanut flour so anyone with a peanut allergy or sensitivity will probably have to avoid this flavor. I am no sure if any other flavors include it as well.

Conclusion

Well to conclude this I will say overall I am very impressed by Dymatizes ISO 100. It tastes amazing, works like advertised and never disappointed me! I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a new protein powder to try. To anyone looking for a protein supplement to hit certain macros this label will definitely please you. I definitely see myself purchasing this again to use multiple times in my future. Once again a very big thank you and thumbs up to Dymatize!!
      • Peanut Butter: 10/10

October 17, 2017

• Clean Profile

As I mentioned in a recent review for another of their products, I'm a fan of Dymatize as a brand. In my experience they produce quality supplements at an affordable price, thus I was eager to try out Iso-100 when it opened up to the Troopers. My sincere apologies to Dymatize for the delay in posting this review.

Dymatize's Iso-100 is a clean, no frills whey protein isolate. Each scoop is a lean 110 calories containing 25g of protein, 5.5g BCAAs, no fat, and only 1g of carbohydrates. About as pure and simple as you can find and exactly what I look for in a protein supplement.

I requested and received the Chocolate Peanut Butter flavor which I enjoyed. Not overly flavored although you can tell it's artificially sweetened. This did not bother me at all, but I read that some other users found the taste to be too sweet for their liking. As for mixability, the powder is very fine and appears to be high quality. Mixed easily with almost no clumping or foaming.

I recently resumed an Intermittent Fasting eating protocol and thus Iso-100 as my bridge "meal" between lunch and dinner.

In my last few protein reviews I've quoted Petey on his stance on protein effectiveness as it mirrors my own. That being that the minuscule differences in protein effectiveness noted by a user outside of a lab environment are overblown by users saying a certain product is more effective than another. This is especially true for someone like myself who is not an elite athlete (nowhere near it). This position doesn't change for me even with a whey isolate protein product, which is touted as being better absorbed and more efficient/effective than whey protein concentrate.

In my opinion protein powder is a staple of a well-balanced diet. Also, provided the product is not total garbage and your diet and exercise regimes are dialed in, you'll see results regardless of the product you're using. This was the case with Iso-100. It helped me progress toward my goals and meet my macros, but I can't say I experienced a significant difference in gains as a direct result. I did appreciate the addition of 5.5gs of BCAAs for recovery support. I generally supplement BCAAs regardless, but another clinically-effective dose is always solid.

I'll include the fact that Iso-100 never caused me any indigestion or gas; an indication of its quality. It also did not keep me as full as a protein blend, which is to be expected given whey isolate is digested quickly

The best value for Iso-100 is a 5lb tub which will net you 73 scoops of protein at a total cost of ~$75. Basically $1.00 per scoop. While most generic whey proteins go for a bit less, ~.80c per scoop, whey isolates are generally more expensive. NutraBio's whey isolate will cost you $1.33 per scoop for example. Again, I don't prescribe to the notion that one needs a high quality protein to see results, but if you're committed to whey isolate as your primary post-workout protein source then Iso-100 offers a great price point.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Overall Iso-100 would be one of my first choices for a whey protein isolate. It's hard to beat from both a profile and a price perspective. Even if you're not a whey isolate devotee, Iso-100 is still worth a try.
        • Chocolate Peanut Butter: 7/10

October 15, 2017

Cons:
        • Taste
        • Mixes Good
        • Good Quality
        • Great Product

Thank you to Dymatize and the SR Trooper program for this great opportunity. I keep reading about Dymatize and how good their supplements are but never took the opportunity to try one of their products. When I saw this pop up on the Trooper list I knew I couldn't miss the chance to give it a try.

In one scoop you get 110 calories and 25 grams of protein. Zero fat and only 1g of carbs. Protein is from Hydrolyzed Whey Protein Isolate and Whey Protein Isolate. Sucralose and Stevia are both in here. You also get 2.7g of Leucine and 4.4g of Glutamine. I like the sources of protein they use and the Leucine and Glutamine are "nice to haves".

I had the birthday cake flavor and it was pretty darn yummy. It tasted like vanilla cake as I expected it to. Not to sweet and not too bland. It mixed fine with no issues in a shaker cup with one scoop of powder and 8-10 ounces of almond milk or two scoops of powder and 16 ounces of almond milk. I would dose it most of the time twice daily at one scoop. Once first thing in the morning and then once post workout. For the days where I had off days I would do a two scooper in the morning or if I forgot forgot to drink it in the morning due to rushing around, I would do a two scooper post workout. On days when I already hit my protein macros through diet, the shake in the morning would be my only one for that day.

This protein did exactly what I expected it to do. Here were my expectations:
          Daily Macro Goals-I want my protein shakes to help me hit my daily macro goals, which it did. If I was short on my protein or calorie goals through diet for that particular day I would use a shake to make up the difference.
          Help keep me full-I also want my protein shakes to help keep me full to avoid eating extra calories throughout the day which this did. After drinking a shake I would not be hungry for at least an hour and a half which is about the time I would eat my next meal which leads me into my next expectation....
          Good Digestion-I had zero issues digesting this protein. No gas, upset stomach or other issues.
          Progression in my lifts-I continued to hit the short term goals and make the gains I expected to.
          Recovery-The recovery seemed better than most protein powders I have used in the past. I was also using a pretty decent BCAA at the same time so I cant contribute all of the recovery to this but I noticed on chest days it took me 4 days to fully recover in the past. About two weeks after starting this I seemed to feel a better recovery on the third day. This is not to say I was completely recovered on the third day but there was less soreness than in the past during the same time frame.

This can be found currently on AllStarHealth.com for the three pound tub with 45 servings at $42.49 which comes out to $0.94 per serving or the five pound tub with 76 servings which comes out to $0.80 per serving. Either way you look at it, this is a good price for a good protein.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Dymatize has a good protein supplement on their hands. This did what I expected my protein powders to do as I mentioned in the effectiveness section. If you are looking for a good protein supplement that is priced just as good I would run out and buy this. Just a side note: I cant wait to try their new PWO.
          • Birthday Cake: 7/10

September 27, 2017

Pros:
           Cons:
          • Lactose Free
          • Low Cals And Carbs
          • Too Sweet!

First review here guys!
          Stumbled upon SR while looking up which supps to buy, and found it to be unbiased and holding a vast database.
          After reading a couple of reviews, I thought it would be not too bad to add to the knowledge pool my 2 cents.

Currently at 85 Kgs, at about 20% BF.
          Current goal: Buff up to 90 Kgs at 10-12% BF.
          I would love to review products like whey, BCAAs, Pre-workout, and protein snacks.

Sip on BCAAs all day...

25g protein; 5.5g BCAAs; 2g Carbs (1g Sugar).

Very satisfied with the ingredients. Beats most of Whey Supplements in the low carb category.

Mixability:
          8/10.
          Very good. Hardly leaves any residue after about 5 good shakes.

Taste:
          5/10.
          All my Whey powders are always chocolate. I tried cookies and cream once and it was a nope for me. Strawberry ones are OK once in a while, but chocolate is the way to go for me. The Gourmet chocolate, I had heard, is a "bit" sweet, but this mixture is just way too sweet to even drink! I struggle to get it into my system because of the overdose of sweetness. With water, it is unbearable, with milk, it is extremely unbearable!
          For this reason and this reason alone, I will not be buying this flavor again. Also had a little bit of chemical taste but nothing too bad. 5

8.5/10.
          Fills me up rightaway post-workout, and keeps me from midnight hunger pangs when used before bed.
          Feel energetic and satisfied after having.

7/10.
          Even though it is a very clean formula, with whey isolate, and no protein spiking, it is still a bit on the pricier side of wheys.
          Even though it is a great formula, but considering the above factor, and the overly sweet taste, I doubt I will ever buy it again.

Side Effects

The first day I had post-workout it I had a bit of an acidic stomach. The same at bed time. This was repeated the second day, really not comfortable feeling. However, 3rd day onwards, my system started getting used to it and the acidity is little to none now. Still, there are cleaner formulas out there that do not have this side effect for me.
          Other than that, there is no strange recurring aftertaste. Also, no explosive farts (since no nitrogen spiking), so it is OK to have it before a date ;)

Conclusion

7/10.
          Even though a very effective formula, with low carbs, high protein isolate, and no nitrogen spiking, this formula proves to be one of the best in the market. But that comes with a price tag that is a little towards the pricey side.
          I would have bought this formula agian, but the extra sweet taste (Gourmet chocolate) is something that I cannnot seem to get used to! Maybe I will try a different flavor next time, or maybe I will skip it and move to a cheaper, better tasting whey with a similar label.
          • Gourmet Chocolate: 6/10

September 14, 2017

Pros:
           Cons:
          • Low Cals And Carbs
          • Lactose Free
          • Good Quality
          • Foam

Dymatize proteins used to be my go-to sources of proteins back in the early college days. I enjoyed the taste of them and they were a bit cheaper than the Optimum Nutrition line, which was probably the biggest protein brand around that time.

This protein powder is extremely clean. You really cannot ask for a cleaner protein. In the strawberry flavor I received, it contains 110 calories, 0 fat, 1 g carbs (<1 g sugar), and 25 g of protein. The protein comes from two high-quality sources: hydrolyzed whey protein isolate and whey protein isolate. A big of a negative to me is that is contains artificial flavors, soy lecithin, and Sucralose. At least it is colored with beet powder as opposed to an artificial dye.

Taste 6/10: I requested and received the strawberry flavor and I found it to be kind of chemical tasting. Was not really a fan of the flavor although it was not awful. I used it exclusively in water, so mixing it with a milk may yield better results.

Mixability 6/10: When using a shaker, this foamed up very badly. I never had any issues with any clumps or any settling, but the foaming added to the chemical taste. The foam also would not subside for a while, so a few seconds of waiting after shaking it did not even solve the problem.

Dosing 10/10: Add a scoop to beverage of choice and consume whenever.

I used this mostly as a post-workout protein, although I had some scoops occasionally mid-afternoon if I needed some more protein before heading off to work. This digested very smoothly and never gave me any issues. It was a very light protein, so it is ideal post-workout obviously being hydrolyzed and an isolate. It is not the best as a snack in my opinion because it did not hold me over for long. This protein was extremely clean and it fit perfectly in my macros. Hard to tell if I recovered any better while using this than using another protein.

Iso-100 is offered in three different sizes: 1.6 pounds (24 servings), 3 pounds (45 servings), and 5 pounds (72 servings). On AllStarHealth, you can purchase it for $26 for the 1.6 pound tub, $43 for the 3 pound, and $61 for the 5 pound. There is about a $6 flat rate shipping on that site, so that has to be taken in consideration. You are going to pay around or even a little under $1 per serving for an isolate, which is a very appealing price point.

Side Effects

Conclusion

If you are in the market for a clean nutritional profile or prefer isolates over concentrates, then definitely consider Iso-100. I am unsure if I noticed much of a difference between this and a concentrate, but it is definitely cleaner of a profile. I would just opt to go with a different flavor in the future. Thank you Dymatize for sending it out!
          • Strawberry: 6/10

September 4, 2017

Cons:
          • Taste
          • Low Cals And Carbs
          • Lactose Free
          • 0 Carbs And Fat
          • Mixes Well
          • Improved Recovery
          • Little Bit Sweet

A thanks to Dymatize for their participation here on SR.com. Today, I discuss my experience with their whey protein isolate, Iso-100. While their exists several protein sources out on today's market in various supplements, whey isolate is often the more preferred source as it virtually free in lactose, carb, fat, and cholesterol. Hence, why it is the more preferred choice among those with weight loss goals. Of course, like all protein supplements, it can find its place in any fitness regimen requiring additional protein intake. Furthermore, isolate is also highly bioavailable, making the raw material it provides to muscles and the body in general more plentiful.

Iso-100 supplies 25g of hydrolyzed whey protein isolate per serving. Each serving yields 110 calories, 1g of carbs, 2g of sugar, and a little calcium.

It contains no fat or cholesterol. In addition, it is gluten and lactose free.

Lastly, each serving provides 5.5g of BCAAs with 2.7g being leucine. Doesn't seem like much at first, but considering whey protein isolate's bioavailability, this is an efficient quantity providing you get the rest from your diet, or perhaps additional supplements.

I received the chocolate coconut flavor and I did enjoy it, particularly in milk. However, I did use water as well and also added it to additional shake preparations and even foods like greek yogurt and oatmeal. It was very good and had a rich chocolate taste with a hit of coconut nuttiness.

Mixability was good and I never had a problem with globs or clumps. I did notice that if I used a shaker cup that it did have a little foaming, but nothing too bad.

I used two servings a day, primarily with a light pre workout meal and post workout. On non-training days, I would take the servings in the mid afternoon and sometime in the evening.

I use protein primarily to aid in my recovery and act as an aid in getting in all of my protein requirements. This is with all of the protein products I use, regardless what sources are included in the supplement.

I liked how Iso-100 allowed me to intake additional protein without any added unnecessary fats, sugars, or carbs. I am currently on a lean bulk, but like all dietary favorable aspects, it's important to keep your intake of all micros and macros clean, That includes getting your calories and everything else from good wholesome food mostly, but also making sure any supplements you're using don't add any unwanted quantities of the bad stuff. Iso-100 supplied me with sufficient protein supplementation of high quality, while helping to keep my caloric intake in check and avoiding unwanted additives.

My recovery stayed strong with Iso-100 particularly thanks to both the protein supplementation and extra BCAAs. DOMS pre, post, and even intra workout was reduced. Next day soreness was also less and I was able to continue hitting my workouts equally strong.

The value is going to depend heavily on a couple of things. One is the size of the tub you decide to purchase and two, how often you take the product. A 1.6 lbs tub (24 servings) goes for about 30 dollars, 3 lbs tub (45 servings) is about 50 dollars, and a 5lbs (72 servings) tub is roughly 75 dollars. Dymatize was VERY generous and sent me a full 5 lbs tub, giving me 72 servings. It's common for isolate products to be more pricey than your traditional whey concentrate products. Given Iso-100s quality and effectiveness, I'd say all of these prices are fair for the most part. It does get pricey if you use additional servings daily, but being that these products often have sales at various times, I think it is worth the investment at least for the smaller tubs.

Side Effects

Conclusion

If you are an avid fan and user of whey protein isolate, Dymatize Iso-100 is one to try out. The favorable macro content and extra BCAAs will help in muscle anabolism support, recovery, and weight loss should that be your goal. As I always recommend, be sure to catch it on sale and always remember to get the main quantities of your nutrients from good wholesome food.

WARMACHINE OUT!!!

GO RED SOX!!!
          • Chocolate Coconut: 8/10

April 3, 2017

Cons:
          • Taste
          • Low Cals And Carbs
          • Good Quality
          • Foam

Hey Everyone, I've been using SR for about 4 years to purchase sups based off of the genuine reviews this site has to offer, first finding out about it on google. I am a recently separated Air Force guy attending college so fitness has been a part of my lifestyle for a while but I have been throwing the iron around for about 8 years. I am currently on a cut heading into this spring/ summer so I'll be sharing my experiences with supplements from that realm such as JYM Shred, Erase Pro, Alphamine, Xpel and leaner proteins with the first review being this one, ISO 100 by Dymatize!

Short and sweet:
          25G Protein
          1G Carbs
          0G of fat

This is where this product shines. I will compare this to a popular protein Gold Standard Whey by ON (not hydrolyzed I know, ON's Hydrowhey has 2-3G Carbs, 1G Fat per serving FYI). The macro breakdown for Gold Standard is 24G Protein, 3G Carbs, 1G Fat (Vanilla Ice Cream Flavor). I Typically take 3-4 scoops of protein a day depending on my schedule so lets break that down. 4 Scoops of Gold Standard is going to give you 12G Carbs, 3G of fat vs. ISO 100 which will only give you 4G Carbs, 0G Fat. Now to some that doesn't seem like much but to others who drop carbs down to the sub 150G range that is everything. Picture you being very low on macros at the end of the day and you're looking forward to that 1 serving of chocolate rice cakes that you think you have enough macros left for... Well sorry, those 12G of Carbs from your protein shakes took up the 11G you thought you had left for the rice cake. Dramatic, but hopefully this gets the point across.

Smooth Banana flavor-

Taste 8.6: Smooth Banana tastes pretty good, I suggest it to those who always stick to chocolate as a nice change of pace. This banana flavor is a little less sweet than expected probably due stevia being a sweetener.

Mixability 7.1: FOAM; The product dissolves flawlessly however, be prepared to wait out the foam that occurs from using a shaker cup as over half of the mixture will consist of it. Takes about a minute for the foam to completely go away, not a huge issue but worth noting.

Dosing 9: Nothing extraordinary, 30G of powder per scoop, with a red scooper.

I feel leaner while taking a hydrolyzed protein most likely due to less bloating from it being filtered. Clean way to knock out your protein requirements for the day.

I believe that supplements prices should mirror the results you get from them being you get what you pay for. That being said, I purchased the 76 serving 5LB Tub for around 57.99 (USD) while Bodybuilding.com was running a sale. This product does normally run at 74.99 though which seems pretty expensive but with 76 servings you are looking at about 99 cents a serving which for 25 grams of protein is very affordable! A Real life comparison being those fresh packs of tuna going for a dollar with only 17 grams of protein (Did this guy just mention tuna in a protein review?).

Side Effects

Conclusion

You get what you put into your fitness journey, supplementing with a protein powder like this one will get you one step closer to your goal physique plain and simple. Have fun and GET AFTER IT.