Pro-Antium Reviews

By: Ronnie Coleman Signature Series

Protein > Blended Protein
Pro-Antium is a Blended Protein Powder manufactured by Ronnie Coleman Signature Series. It contains a blend of different types of protein and will promote lean muscle mass and fat loss.

September 18, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Betaine
  • 5g Of Creatine
  • Mixes Great
  • Effective
  • Enzyme Complex
  • Easy To Digest
  • Protein Blend Not Transparent
  • No Amino Acid Panel

A fairly priced blended protein that works great for a post workout shake. Super easy to digest with some clinically dosed extra's. Unfortunately I did not care for the flavor I tried, but it was very drinkable, and I will simply try a different flavor next time.

38 years old and lift four days a week while doing physical therapy twice a week for my left ankle due to total reconstructive surgery. I have really been interested in Ronnie Coleman's supplement line, and it was recommended to me a while back to try out his Pro-Antium. Given that the last review is nearly two years old, time to knock the dust off on this blended protein and get a fresh review in. I typically like to use a blended protein post workout, it keeps me full enough to have a time gap in between my post workout protein and breakfast. Lets get into this.

I am not going to belabor the point here, there are 28 other reviews talking about the ingredient profile. Instead I will point out the scoop size, protein blend, and the features that make this product stand out in an already flooded market. First off, each scoop is pretty large coming in at 51g. Each scoop nets you 170 calories, 2.5g fat, 150mg sodium, 8g carbs, 30g Protein, 5g Creatine Monohydrate, and 2.5g Betaine Anhydrous. I have to watch my sodium intake, so 150mg is not a big deal as some other blended proteins go to the 250mg+ level, which I do not care for. Ahh the joys of getting older.

The protein complex consists of Whey Protein Concentrate, Milk Protein Isolate, Calcium Caseinate, Whey Protein Isolate, Micellar Casein, and Egg While Albumin. Some issues I have here is this label is not totally transparent as we have no clue how much of the 30g consists of which protein. Also, it would be nice to have an Amino Acid panel listed on the product or on the website somewhere. I don't get too concerned with the Amino Acid panels personally as I always have some extra BCAA/EAA supplement in my stack, but I know some people like to rely on their protein and know how much they are getting. Other than that its a nice mix of quick digesting and long digesting proteins.

The extra's are what make this a great post workout shake. First of all having 5g of Creatine Mono is pretty great in my opinion, as I like to take 5g pre workout and 5g post, so if my PWO has creatine then I am all set with no extra creatine needed. The 2.5g of Betaine is a nice clinical dose, as recommendations state 1.25g twice a day, but here you are covered. If you did not know, Betaine may provide increased power output and minor increases in workout volume and endurance. Finally, you also get an unknown dosage of an Enzyme Blend consisting of Protease, Amylase, and Lactase. All good things to aid in your digestion.

Overall, I think the ingredient profile here is pretty great. To truly make this better I will reiterate that it would be great to have the amount of each protein in the blend as well as an Amino Acid panel. Otherwise, I like the added extra's and this truly helps this product to stand out in my opinion.

Taste: I bought the Peanut Butter Pie flavor, because I love most things Peanut Butter. Well I was fairly dissapointed to say the least here, and it had a hint of peanut butter to it, but kind of a flat taste. It tasted odd and took me a good week or so to really get used to the taste. I was never excited to take this for the flavor, which is a real bummer for a blended protein as they should be a treat after a hard workout. Looking at the RCSS website, I see this flavor is no longer available so it appears Ronnie may have gotten rid of it. This actually tasted worse when combined with milk, which was even stranger, so I stuck with water. Its very drinkable but pretty much tasted like greasy peanut butter to me.

Mixability: This mixed well with 8-10oz of water or milk. I always used a shaker and had no issues with shaking this up a few times. This never stained my shaker or left any weird residue or anything like that. Pretty good mixability for such a large scoop.

Dosing: I took one scoop post workout, and would take one scoop on rest days when I woke up. In my opinion this is the perfect post workout protein blend, but you can take this as needed to supplement your daily diet.

I gauge the effectiveness of my protein poweders based off digestability and how it filled me up. Pro-Antium was very easy to digest, it was almost easier than some Whey Protein isolates I have had in the past. This is likely due to the added Enzymes here, either way this was a great product diestion wise. I typically drank this within 30 minutes after my workout, and about an hour prior to breakfast. This kept me full for that hour gap very easily and at times I went up to two hours until I ate and was never starving. So this blend did its job in that expectation for me. I really did enjoy the fact that this had added Creatine and Betaine to it, as I like to take both post workout. Obviously, both ingredients work great Pre-workout, but I think this protein is a bit heavy to take pre, but I guess that all depends on how much time you give yourself. Typically I drink a Whey protein isolate once I wake up about an hour before hitting the gym so I am not starving during my workout.

The only claim on the tub is that this is a supreme multifaceted protein complex. I would say that is not a far stretch considering the ingredients we get here along with the protein blend. This never caused me to have any bloating or extra gas, so at the end of the day this is a great blended protein to add to your daily routine.

As of this writing you can get this for $52.99 giving you 50 servings (5.6lbs) from the RCSS website. That comes out to $1.06 a scoop before shipping and handling. It also appears that if you go to lockout supplements you can pick up a tub of stawberry shortcake for $39.95, but the actual size is confusing since it states its 4.7lb with the ingredient label saying its 5lbs. I personally think what RCSS sells this for is a good price when its on sale. 50 scoops should last you close to two months, as I really do not see much of a point in taking more than one scoop a day. This worked really well for me, so its slighly above average value wise in my opinion. If you are in the market for this, always go to priceplow.com first and search for the product, that way you can always get the best deal.

Side Effects

None at all.

Conclusion

Overall, I really enjoyed this as a post workout protein drink. The added enzymes truly made this one of the easiest proteins to digest and I like the added extra's as they are dosed well and not just fillers. Sure, some things can be improved here, but I was happy with what we get. Once again Ronnie, you did a nice job here. I look forward to trying a different flavor in the future, I got my eye on Cookies n cream when I need blended protein in my stack again. I highly recommend this product if you are in the market for some blended protein. Luckily, you will not have to deal with that Peanut Butter pie flavor.
  • Peanut Butter Pie: 4/10

December 15, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Gains In Muscle
  • Betaine
  • Strength Gains
  • 5g Of Creatine
  • Effective

Hey guys and gals. Time for a very overdue review of RCSS Pro-Antium Protein. Huge thanks to Big Ron for this one, especially a 5lb tub of it! I've always enjoyed RCSS products in the past, so I was expecting nothing less from this one.

RCSS did an excellent job with this profile in my opinion. The scoops are rather large, but they pack a really good punch. One scoop comes in at 180 calories, with 30g of protein and a net 9g of carbs. There is also 2.5g of total fat. The nice addition to this product is the inclusion of 5g of creatine mono and 2.5g of Betaine Anhydrous. Both come in at clinical doses and personally for me, its nice to have all this stuff included in my post workout shake. The protein blend itself is made up of Whey Protein Concentrate, Milk Protein Isolate, Calcium Caseinate, Whey Protein Isolate, Micellar Casein, and Egg White Albumin. This is a very versatile combination of all the different proteins which make it a great supplement for almost any time of day.

I requested the newish Peanut Butter Pie flavor, since I love me some peanut butter. I only dosed this one scoop at a time, because any more than that ended up way too thick for me to drink when mixed with water. This stuff is THICK. A little too thick for my liking, but you can always adjust it with the amount of liquid you mix it with. Personally, I did not enjoy this flavor too much, but I think its because I was expecting straight up peanut butter flavor, when in reality it is Peanut Butter Pie. It was way too thick and sweet tasting for me, but I can see other people liking it. It certainly wasn't gross, just not my favorite. It mixed reasonably well given how big a scoop is. Just make sure you don't fill your shaker up too much and leave the powder sitting on top. It won't mix and powder will go everywhere when you open it up. I dosed this mainly in the morning and postworkout at one scoop.

The highlights of Pro-Antium for me were how filling it was and that it didn't create any stomach issues. When I took this in the morning, I was full for a seriously long time. It honestly felt like I ate an entire meal. It actually surprised me. Also, I never had any stomach issues or gas caused by this product. Recovery time didn't seem any different for me, but I am always using protein and creatine, so that comes as no surprise. I have no doubt that Pro-Antium helped me add muscle mass, especially with the addition of creatine and betaine.

Bodybuilding.com has the 5.6lb tub of Pro-Antium for $48 right now. That is an excellent value for 50 servings. Considering what you get here, I would consider this top-tier.

Side Effects

None!

Conclusion

Another excellent product from Big Ron. Although I didn't like the taste of this one, I am able to recognize the fact that it was a personal opinion. I have tasted plenty of supplements that were straight up disgusting, regardless of who you are. For $48, I would highly recommend anyone to grab a jug of this stuff and try it out for yourself. You won't be disappointed. My apologies to RCSS for how long it took me to get this review up and a big thanks to them for being so generous with their supplements!
    • Peanut Butter Pie: 5/10

November 26, 2016

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Taste. Unreal
    • Effective
    • 65% Protein
    Introduction + Supplement facts
    Huge thank you to Ronnie Coleman Signature Series for their support of the SR Troops program. All the RCSS products that I've had the chance to try I really enjoyed them. So when pro-antium showed up on SR I really wanted to give it a try. Pro-Antium is a supreme protein complex that will help you with performance and recovery. Let's see how this protein does.
    RCSS did a great job with the profile for each scoop you get 30g of protein, 5g of creatine monohydrate and 2.5g of betaine anhydrous which is pretty nice to see in a protein blend.
    Taste + Mixability + Dosing
    I got peanut butter pie and wow the taste was amazing really good stuff. It's like Ronnie was cooking peanut butter cookies for everyone but you were drinking it instated of eating it. Didn't have any issues with the mixability of the product mixed easy with water and milk. Dosing was pretty much as needed but I usually took 1 scoop for post-workout recovery.

Effectiveness 8.8/10
    RCSS did a great job with pro-antium. It was great for a post workout shake because you got 5g of creatine along with 2.5 of betaine anhydrous. This was in addition to the 30g of protein you were consuming. I also notice and nice increase in strength with my workouts while using this protein product. Another aspect with pro-antium was the fact that it didn't make me feel my stomach feel upset. Some protein powders will not sit well with me. But this was not the case with pro-antium. Pro-antium kept me full post-workout in till I was able to have some real food. Pro-antium live up to the everyday standard of a quality protein powder. Not only were you getting quality protein it was also a nice recovery product. With pro-antium you're not just drinking a regular protein drink but you're also getting a solid recovery product.

Value 8.0/10
    The cheapest place I was able to find pro-antium was bodybuilding.com were a 5.6lb 50 serving tub goes for 47.99. Which is 95cents per serving which is a little bit more than just a regular protein powder. But with pro-antium you are also getting extras like creatine along with betaine.

Side Effects

Zero side effects outside of making gaizzzz in the gym.

Conclusion

RCSS did a great job with pro-antium you are getting more than just your standard whey protein. You're getting a recovery product plus you getting the aminos along with betaine anhydrous. This is a product that I'm looking forward to buy again.
    • Peanut Butter Pie: 10/10

November 12, 2016

Pros:
     Cons:
    • 5g Of Creatine
    • Gains In Muscle
    • Strength Gains
    • Betaine
    • Good Recovery
    • Effective
    • A Little Pricey
    HEY SR. I'm back with another review. This time a protein review for RCSS's Pro Antium's newest flavor, Peanut Butter Pie. I want to thank Ronnie for the opportunity and sending me a giant 5.6lb tub. It is pretty awesome that they have the SR logo on their label.

I like the fact that it is a blended protein. They do offer a wide range of digestion which can be a benefit for some. I love the fact though that it does have creatine in the product. It is much more convenient since I get protein and creatine at the same time. Plus it is flavored, which is great. Throughout this product I did not have to drink any unflavored, gritty creatine.

Another bonus is that the Peanut Butter Pie flavor has 30 grams of protein with 8 carbs, 2 sugar, 5 grams of creatine, 2.5 grams of betaine anhydrous with only 2.5 grams of fat.

If you want a better breakdown of some of the main ingredients, I recommend looking at WarMachine's review.

Taste B
    I received the Peanut Butter Pie flavor. In general not a fan at all of peanut butter. I will admit however that this did taste pretty good. Did I love it? No. Did I like it? Sure. Would I buy this flavor again? Probably not. Truthfully, I am a little biased towards peanut butter. I just don't like peanut butter at all.

I mixed this protein mainly with milk. It tasted much better to me than mixing it with water. Overall a decent flavor.

Mixability B
    I sometimes had trouble mixing this product. It took a lot of liquid and shakes to mix it. There were some clumps and grittiness throughout the entire product use.

Dosing A+
    Best dosing. I only had to take one scoop and got 30 grams of protein and 5 grams of creatine for the day. I mainly took one scoop post workout and got extra calories from mixing it with milk. The addition of creatine was a huge plus since sometimes I forget to take my creatine.

Effectiveness A
    It is not easy judging the effectiveness of the protein. After taking the product, I felt full for a couple of hours. If I drank it in replacement of a meal or at night, it would replace my meal. Also before running this product, I hadn't taken creatine for a couple of months. So being back on creatine, I did notice slight strength and recovery gains.

Value A
    The best price that I could find was on BB.com for $47.98. However, they did not have the newest flavor. For one serving, the price comes out to be about $0.96. This product is a one scooper. It's not necessary to take more than one scoop per day. However, I feel that it being a protein blend the price is on the higher side. I think the creatine adds extra value to the price of the protein.

Side Effects
    Absolutely none.

Conclusion
    Great product overall. I would definitely buy this product again but in a different flavor. I would love to see a creatine free version of this product in addition to the creatine version. Thank you again Ronnie!
    • Peanut Butter Pie: 7/10

April 1, 2016

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Gains In Muscle
    • Betaine
    • Strength Gains
    • 5g Of Creatine
    • Effective
    • Addition Of Creatine May Be A Con For Some

Hey all! I'm back with another blended protein review. I will eventually get off this protein bandwagon as I introduce more supps into my regiment but for now bear with me please. My goals right now surround increasing muscle mass/decreasing body fat and this was a good product to continue down that road with.

7.5/10
    I'm rating this lower than I really want to because of the fillers and so I'll separate this portion into 2 sections. What I'll call active and inactive ingredients.

- Active Ingredients (10/10)
    RC's put together a well thought out muscle building profile here with 30g of actual protein (from all the good sources) per serving PLUS 5g of creatine and 2.5g of betaine. With seemingly full disclosure from RC it's apparent he's putting emphasis on building muscle and mass, especially when you add in 8g of carbs and 2.5g of fat per serving. For some this is really high in carbs but I was using this as my breakfast and the carbs helped satiate my hunger a little more compared to a straight whey protein. When you add the active ingredients together that comes up to 48g of active ingredients/51g serving which makes sense. The last protein I reviewed had issues with amino spiking which made me think I was getting more protein than I actually was. After a little schooling from a fellow SR member I learned the error of my ways and came to love this profile.

- Inactive ingredients (5/10)
    While a lot of these ingredients seem to pop in most formulas I still don't like them. I wish there was less filler content. In it's condensed version this product has the following fillers: natural and artificial flavors, gum blend, non-dairy creamer, flour, salt, sucralose and acesulfame potassium. If one is to read the label these fillers are expanded out (thanks to RC's transparency!) to show more even more ingredients. This won't stop me from using the product in the future but it'd be nice to see a slightly cleaner profile in the future.

(6/7/10)
    I mentioned the dosing a little more in the section above than I probably should have but I felt it was important to tie the profile to the dosing with this product. To recap, 48g of active ingredients/51g serving is pretty awesome! No short changing the "10" score this product deserves. The only negative (which doesn't impact MY scoring) was the fact I needed a lot of liquid (>24oz) to get this to a good consistency that I liked because the dose was so large at 51g v. a more common dose near 30 or 35g/serving.

Taste and mixability were a little bit of an issue for me here. I'm a huge chocolate fan and like a rich/full chocolate flavor in my protein (and chocolate bars). The double chocolate cookie crunch flavor I used was heavy on the cocoa but didn't enhance some of the sweetness I've come to enjoy in chocolate. This may have been deliberate by the manufacturer but I wasn't the biggest fan. As far as mixing is concerned it took a lot of liquid as mentioned above to get this product to dissolve and usually required a 20-22oz h2o/4-6oz milk blend to get most of the graininess out of it. The cookie crumbs were supposed to be present but there was more graininess beyond that.

(8.5/10)
    Coupled with my workout program I'd say this was a very effective supplement. I dropped 2inches in my waist, lost about 1% body fat while maintaining my weight around the 355 mark while this product and most notably I increased my bb.com predicted 1 rep maxes on several lifts. 2 examples are a predicted 20-30lb increase in my bench press, and 20lb increase in my shoulder press. That's pretty damn effective if you ask me.

(9/10)
    This product is right up there and quite possibly one of the best in terms of value. For ~$50 or $1.00/serving you get 30g of protein (more than the avg), 5g of creatine and 2.5g of betaine. I've set my goal at <$1.00/serving for protein alone. Some simple arithmetic shows 5g of creatine (pricing from nutrabio's creatine monohydrate on amazon) would add $0.27/serving. That price addition alone would push this out of my purchasing limit so it's very easy to say this product it's worth the money you pay for it!

Side Effects

Later on in the tub I started to notice a little gas after taking my morning shake. I'm not sure if this was the protein or the creatine causing it but I'm hypothesizing that it is the creatine since I haven't noticed any issues with protein blends in the past. Either way the gas was minor and only last about an hour or so in the morning.

Conclusion

I must admit, when I thought about writing this review I was worried I would have to give the #2 blended protein on SR a bad review. However, after I sat down for a few minutes and thought more about about what it did for me and what I got out of it, I realized I couldn't cut RC down. He's made a quality product that is high on my list to purchase the next time I'm looking to boost my strength and muscle mass. Thanks for making a good product RC! I'll be back for certain!

May 31, 2014

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Taste. Unreal
    • Excellent Texture
    • Mixes Great
    • Strength Gains
    • Betaine
    • Gains In Muscle
    • Would Like A Creatine Free Version
    Hey SR, its been a while, this is my first review on my new profile... And what a product to review! I was luckily enough to get this from abroad after some time of anxiously waiting!

*PRODUCT INGREDIENTS/NUTRITIONAL INFO(9)
    Has already been listed by many expert reviewers, so no need to waste time here with every nutritional detail etc etc... But high quality ingredients , 29g protein, 1g sugar, 2.5g betaine, some healthy fats and not to mention 5g creatine makes for a top quality supplement, Ron knows how to make the very best and this is evident!

DOSING(10)
    Simple, 1 scoop (with 8oz water) post workout. I kn0ow everyone has their own say in how much creatine one should have but I prefer keeping it 10g or under. I would have preferred to have more than one serving(preworkout meal) but with the availability of pro antium(the 2.2kg) absent here, I tried to make it last longer.... And I did occasionally add a scoop to my midday meal replacement(off days) just to get in that there taste.

MIXIBILITY(9)
    P.A mix well in 8oz of water, I hardly never had an issue with mixing which can be the case in other multi blended proteins! I occasionally did have a clump here and there... but nothing to really complain about.

TASTE(10-Strawberry)
    Originally I ordered chocolate but I got strawberry instead... But WOW, This is the best tasting protein I have ever had, and I'm not just saying that for fun.... Its like having a milkshake with real added bits and pieces of cookies(No jokes).The flavouring was spot on, not to rich and not too sweet... It was just perfect. I looked forward to slowly sippin' it after every workout and on non workout days...

*EFFECTIVENESS(9/10)
    A protein is hard to gauge, you cannot expect it to make or break you. But whilst on P.A I noticed my recovery was slightly improved, especially after my chest workout(which often leaves me broken). I noticed my strength remained the same even though my calories were slightly reduced, which is an added bonus as my strength does dip when I drop calories! After a full tub of P.A I was slightly heavier on the scale, without the fat accumulation(the mirror and wife don't lie lol), I was highly impressed after my tub of P.A!

*VALUE(8/10)
    A cost for a 2.2kg P.A costs me about $90, yes its shocking I know. But with everything here being overpriced I still think its good value for money due to it being effective at just 1 scoop! A container lasted me well over a month, as I had 2 scoop on my off days. But with this being potentially my favourite protein I wouldn't mind spending the doe to grow!

*OVERALL(9/10)
    Ronnie has done it yet again with another really brilliant product, it's a perfect blend between taste and effectiveness, which is hard to do... the supplement industry has tons of proteins... but P.A stands out! I dare to say... My favourite protein ever! But with the exclusion of creatine ,P.A would be more versatile especially for those who drink a number of protein shakes daily. With the only flaw being the creatine and the price tag(because it an international product here), I still give P.A a huge 9! Amazing taste, texture and some lean gainz! This makes me wonder how iso tropic tastes :'( due to P.A being the tastiest multi blend protein shake I have ever had(And it was strawberry!)! Thanks Ron for producing another epic product!

April 1, 2014

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Taste. Unreal
    • Excellent Texture
    • Mixes Great
    • 5g Of Creatine
    • Strength Gains
    • Betaine
    • A Little Pricey
    Their are many great reviews of this protein and it will be difficult to build upon them and shed new light for this product. Though I enjoyed it so much, that I felt inclined to review it anyway. I purchased my first tub on my own and still have a second in the wood works from JoeFlah, and the RCSS team. Much appreciated fellas, your certainy a top shell company who keep the customer the priority. We all know in the supplement industry," you can pay for school but ya cant buy class"

This was the only supplement I utilized over the course of fifty days. I was even removed from the use of creatine for well over a month as well. Which I believe will enable me to give a fair assessment of this product without bias and will be able to attribute any positives recieved by this protein.
    Feel me?

Ingredients... 9
    All of the previous reviews list them in depth. I'll list the ones that's really mattered for me.
    29 grams protein
    5 grams creatine mono
    2.5 grams betaine
    13.5 grams EAA

This lineup is what really inclined me to write this review. This really is your one SCOOP a day whey. . I loved the convenience of taking a single scoop and knowing that im getting exactly what i need for my workouts and daily rquirement of creatine. If I may add, I really enjoyed the handling and location of the scooper. Everyone should know by now how crucial that is.." And if ya don't know, now ya know " itches.

Taste 10
    I had the chocolate
    The most delicious flavored whey protein I have ever tasted. I would throw this in the magic bullet with ice, skim milk and a banana... straight banging..Buff said..
    *edit* Nuff

Side effects 9
    Absolutely none, never gave me any stomach discomfort or poor mix ability issues.

Effectiveness 9
    Now this is where things got interesting. Like I stated earlier , I had been cycled off creatine for around six weeks. I lost my typical 4-5 pounds and slight strength imcrease that I always get on creatine. Now in to the third week of taking pro-antium, got my size back. Not only that but I finally got a p.r on my bench that I've been stuck in a stale-mate for some time. Was it anything to write home about? For y'all, prolly not but I broke my plateau of 5 reps of 305 and got it to 7.

Value 8
    Yeah it's 50 balls for a tub. You want results? Stop begging and cough up the buck per SCOOP..

Conclusion
    In my opinion this is the best protein. For what it offers in taste, effectiveness , ingredients. Best of da best right hur..

March 29, 2014

• Comprehensive Profile
    • Taste Got Old
    • Stomach Issues At 2 Scoops
    Here lies the review for the other half of my RCSS experience, Pro Antium! Another huge thanks goes out to joeflah and Big Ron for showing me some serious love once again with this logging opportunity. This was a great run. Let's talk about it shall we?

Other supplements used during the run:
    Multi/Fish oil
    Glucosamine/Chondroitin
    Dermacrine/Endosurge Turbo by BPS
    360PRE/ ENGN
    iForce Compete Intra
    AI HGH Pro
    Generic Monohydrate(5G) as needed added to Pro Antium

Profile-8.5

As with every other product on the RCSS line, this profile is quality and covers a variety of angles. Ronnie really wanted to include everything you might need during the day and especially post workout. Here are some highlights:

1 scoop(44g) serving for 50 total servings
    Protein-29g
    Creatine Monohydrate-5g(not creapure)
    Betaine-2.5g
    Essential Amino Acids-13.5g

The protein comes from fast,medium, and slow acting sources including whey concentrate, milk protein isolate, whey protein isolate, whey protein hydrolisate, micellar casein, egg albumin and calcium caseinate.

This product also includes Medium Chain Triglycerides for some healthy fats.

Overall a very comprehensive profile that provides most all things lost during your workout. This is not the most clean protein source though. There several other ingredients in here. That being said, I don't necessarily think you would be buying this for cleanliness. That's what they make whey isolate for.

Dosing-10
    Easy. One scoop post workout. I went as much as two scoops for about 2 weeks of the run. The label suggests 1-4 scoops a day but that would give you as much as 20g of creatine and would greatly take the value out of it. If your diet is how it should be, one scoop is plenty. I took the 2 scoops to get the 10g of creatine since I train mostly for powerlifting I felt I needed a little more than 5g. I eventually just started adding in a separate monohydrate with one scoop. I liked this idea better and it worked out better for me.

Taste/Mix-8.9
    I know Im gonna seem crazy but I had the Vanilla Wafer Crisp and although it tastes good, I was getting a little tired of it towards the end. It has a great, strong taste but was just a little much especially at 2 scoops. In water was good but in milk it was much better.

It mixed good with some extra shaking. It would eventually smooth out and was very drinkable after a few minutes. It wasn't like a pure isolate but you can't expect that from a product with so many ingredients packed in there. I was impressed overall.

Effectiveness-9.4
    Yeah always tough to gauge this with a protein but there are a few things to note. It killed late night cravings and I was never starving in the morning. It seems to really keep me on track even though my diet wasn't perfect. I rarely over-ate though which is a plus for me. I tend to snack a lot but not while taking this. I had not taken any creatine for a few weeks before this and I did se some nice strength gains. I starting looking fuller and feeling fuller muscle wise. I gained a good 5-6 lbs with a good 2-3 of that being water weight and the other being muscle. Maybe an indicator of the creatine. My recovery is usually pretty good and stayed that way with no huge differences. So yeah, very effective product.

Side Effects-8
    I wanted to note that at 2 scoops I had some stomach issues. No pain or anything but just some really excessive gas. I noticed it throughout the day but the most while I was working out. I had to make multiple trips to the bathroom so I wouldn't gas out the entire gym lol. It was kinda of annoying to have to go fart before a big deadlift or squat set though. This was drastically reduced with one scoop. Still a good score but something to be aware of.

Value-8.8
    Around 50 bucks for 50 servings. Not bad at all. I think you shouldn't need any more than one scoop and you can manipulate your creatine intake like I did by adding a separate, cheap monohydrate if you do in fact need more creatine. You could make an argument that you don't need the creatine in there at all and could add your own, even cheaper creatine. It's hard to say because we don't know what the cost of this would be without creatine so you don't know how much you are actually saving. I guess you just have to assume that it would be more expensive to get your creatine from a protein supplement. Who knows?? I did take a fraction of a point off for this reason.

Overall-9
    Of all the proteins Ive tried, this has been the most effective of them. You have to trust that Big Ron is working is butt off to make quality products and this one is holds that standard. This is a great all-around product that will save you from having to go out and buy a multitude of various other products. This is your one stop shop. I highly recommend you go out and try this and this doesn't just seem to be my opinion, but also the opinions of almost anyone that has tried it. I will be running this again and Im thinking of picking up the chocolate flavor.

Check out my log of both this and the Stacked N.O. starting on page 15!!!

February 23, 2014

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Taste. Unreal
    • Good Recovery
    • Betaine
    • Strength Gains
    • 5g Of Creatine
    • Excellent Texture
    • Expesnsive
    • Addition Of Creatine May Be A Con For Some
    A big time "Yeah Buddy" grade shout out to Joeflah, Big Ron himself, and all the boys at RCSS for hooking me up a tub of this king worthy protein.

Today, I discuss my experience with what is quickly becoming one of the most popular protein supplements on today's market and for good reason. Pro-Antium is specialized protein supplements formulated with a blend of various source proteins, bcaas as well as other essential amino acids, creatine, betaine, and healthy lipids. Essentially, it's got almost everything aspiring hardworking athletes needs to be at their best.

Taste: (OH HELL YEAH BUDDY!!)

A numerical score was simply not enough for this category. I had the strawberry shortcake flavor and it was beyond delicious. The flavor was the right amount of rich and smooth. I've experimented with various mixtures and found that chocolate almond milk mixed with a scoop of strawberry shortcake (or any other flavor I am sure) is true Mr. Olympia Muscle Food Sizzurp!!

Ingredient Profile (9): While there is more to the profile, the following are the key ingredients comprising Pro-Antium's contents:

One scoop will provide..

29g Protein
    5g creatine
    2.5g betaine
    3.5g bcaa
    1g sugar

The most favorable thing I like here is the 29 grams per single serving. Most proteins on today's market often have 20-25 grams per scoop. I usually opt for no lower than 20 myself. So when I saw that one scoop of pro-antium provided a substantial 29 grams, I was almost instantaneously sold. It is worth noting that the protein content is derived directly from these sources:

Whey Protein Concentrate, Milk Protein Isolate, Whey Protein Isolate, Whey Protein Hydrolysate, Micellar Casein, Egg Albumin, Calcium Caseinate

All of these have their unique characteristics of digestion rates and bio-availability, so to have them all clearly creates a favorable spectrum of protein quality.

Next we have 5 grams of creatine monohydrate. Based on the reviews I've read from other members both here and on other website forums, the addition of creatine seems to get mixed standpoints. I would assume that a user looking more for a primary protein supplement would most likely consider the addition of creatine a con. This would especially be unfavorable to users who may react negatively to creatine in general. Me personally, I actually favor the addition of creatine mainly because I've always responded well to creatine in general. I've found it increases my recovery, mass, and overtime strength development. Of course, I do carefully monitor my intake of creatine from other sources and ensure to stay well hydrated. In summary, I prefer the addition of creatine, but perhaps a creatine free version would also be welcomed by many.

Third we have betaine. Betaine has gotten mixed reviews as to its efficacy as an ingredient in general. I find that betaine acts best as a synergistic ingredient, aiding in the absorption and metabolism of other macro-nutrients. This would in turn enhance their influence on muscle development.

Lastly, we have a good amount of the basic bcaas needed for recovery and protein synthesis support.

One final thing to note is that pro-antium also provides some medium chain triglyceride sources to aid in protein metabolism and energy restoration.

In summary, pro-antium has a very good and complete ingredient profile that is sure to aid any athlete meet some of their basic dietary needs as well as aid in muscular development.

Usage: Being that this has creatine, it is important to abide by the suggestion given on the tub itself to limit servings to 1-2 scoops a day. I myself never went beyond 2 scoops a day, and there were several days where I settle for simply one scoop. I would mostly have it either sometime post workout or first thing in the morning. Perhaps if creatine was not included, users may find more versatility in the product, but as I said, the creatine does not heavily influence my favor in pro-antium.

Effectiveness (9): Being that this is a protein supplement, gauging efficacy is difficult. One cannot simply assess if protein is working since protein in itself is a nutrient obtained from our basic diets. It is not like a stimulant in the fact that we know a stimulant is working or not because we are able to feel it's effects on our cognitive abilities. When it comes to protein though, the only way to score efficacy is to relate it to how it may have benefited you directly in terms of what you were expecting from it. Being that pro-antium has a substantial amount of protein as well as extras like creatine and bcaas, I do believe it definitely aided in allowing me to obtain supplementary nutrients vital to muscular hypertrophy. Of course, that's not to say I wouldn't be able to develop without it, but it's supplementary benefits truly do help when ensuring that you are providing your body with additional building nutrients.

Value (8): A great product equates to a great price as many on today's market are not cheap in their own right. For pro-antium, 50-55 dollars for 50 servings of a blend consisting of high quality 29 grams of protein and other extras, this price range is not the worst. Nonetheless, pro-antium isn't cheap, so definitely do some shopping around.

Overall (9): Pro-Antium has undoubtedly earned its spot in the machine's list of "ups in the supps". I will be using pro-antium again in the near future, especially should a creatine-free formulation be released. I highly recommend anyone looking to add a great supplement to their stack in terms of the protein category to consider pro-antium. My next task will be putting Iso-tropic max to the test when it arrives.

HAIL TO THE KING BABY!!!

WARMACHINE OUT!!!

January 17, 2014

• Amino Acid Profile
    • Creamy Texture
    • Good Protein Blend
    • Would Like A Creatine Free Version
    I received several small bags of this a while back from the ER program. So obviously, the shout out goes to the king, Ronnie Coleman for being a part of our forum here and hooking us up. This is protein so I'm not gonna spend too much time here, as I consider protein just a food supplement to fill in the gaps where you are missing protein in your diet. But I will give Ronnie his dues here.

The profile: 7/10
    Pro Antium is a blend, yielding whey concentrate, milk protein isolate, whey isolate, whey hydrolisate, Miscellar casein, Egg albumin, and calcium caseinates (listed in order of abundance). You get some of the higher end as well as the lower end types of protein. The difference in these are typically negligent but worth sharing. You also get 5g of good ol creatine monohydrate, some MCTs, and Betaine. The amino acid profile is on par as well, here.

My thoughts on this: I do like the fact that I can have a scoop of this and my daily creatine intake is hit. However, this can yield a small issue if you are consuming more than one scoop a day. You only need 3-5g of creatine mono a day to reap the benefits so my daily use with this is limited, where as with a creatine-free protein, I can throw in two scoops to make a thicker smoothie or a bigger serving in general. This is also a higher calorie formula, bringing 192 kcals, 4g of fat, 10g of carbs, and 29g of protein. I wouldn't deem this optimal for the competitive bodybuilder on poverty macros and a large caloric deficit. But for most, this is a pretty reasonable profile.

Taste/mixability: 9/10
    As most have stated, Ronnie pretty much nailed the taste with this. I got the vanilla wafer crisp and I enjoy it, although I can't remember the last time I actually mixed protein powder in water so I can't say for that aspect. I usually make a whey sludge or a smoothie.

You'll find that a tub of this protein runs you in the 50-60 dollar range in most places, yielding 50 servings per tub. I suppose if you are to take a serving a day (which I'm held to do with the creatine content), it would last you 50 days. I don't see a high value here though since creatine mono is dirt cheap. It's not a rip-off by any means and could certainly fit in most peoples' budget. I would something like this to be a bit lower on the price range to be competitive for my purchase though.

Ronnie, I love your protein but I'd like to see it without creatine and a bit of a lower price to earn a higher rating. With that said, I do enjoy it and I will try it out again sometime in the future. I'd recommend this protein to anyone who likes the higher calorie content and typically doesn't use much protein powder (unlike myself). If you are in that category and don't like buying creatine separate, certainly give this a go as you will enjoy the taste and get a quality blend of proteins and creatine.