TROOP CP

Pro-Antium Reviews

By: Ronnie Coleman Signature Series

Overall Score:   How is this Calculated?

Ranks #3 of 55 (better than 96%) in
Protein > Blended Protein

Pro-Antium is a Blended Protein Powder manufactured by Ronnie Coleman Signature Series. It contains a blend of different types of protein and will promote lean muscle mass and fat loss.
INGREDIENTS (25)
THIS PRODUCT

5.0g
CATEGORY AVG

5.0g

Creatine bonded to hydrochloric acid which possesses all the same benefits as creatine monohydrate without the bloating and GI distress.

THIS PRODUCT

2.5g
CATEGORY AVG

2.5g

Active metabolite of choline that increases power output and strength, decreases soreness, and supports creatine production in the body.

COMPARE SIMILAR

bromine2122
  November 26, 2016

Verified Full-Container Use through SR TROOPs.
(Thanks to Ronnie Coleman Signature Series for sending it out!)
Introduction + Supplement facts
Huge thank you to Ronnie Coleman Signature Series for their support of the SR Troops program. All the RCSS products that I've had the chance to try I really enjoyed them. So when pro-antium showed up on SR I really wanted to give it a try. Pro-Antium is a supreme protein complex that will help you with performance and recovery. Let's see how this protein does.
RCSS did a great job with the profile for each scoop you get 30g of protein, 5g of creatine monohydrate and 2.5g of betaine anhydrous which is pretty nice to see in a protein blend.
Taste + Mixability + Dosing
I got peanut butter pie and wow the taste was amazing really good stuff. It's like Ronnie was cooking peanut butter cookies for everyone but you were drinking it instated of eating it. Didn't have any issues with the mixability of the product mixed easy with water and milk. Dosing was pretty much as needed but I usually took 1 scoop for post-workout recovery.

Effectiveness 8.8/10
RCSS did a great job with pro-antium. It was great for a post workout shake because you got 5g of creatine along with 2.5 of betaine anhydrous. This was in addition to the 30g of protein you were consuming. I also notice and nice increase in strength with my workouts while using this protein product. Another aspect with pro-antium was the fact that it didn't make me feel my stomach feel upset. Some protein powders will not sit well with me. But this was not the case with pro-antium. Pro-antium kept me full post-workout in till I was able to have some real food. Pro-antium live up to the everyday standard of a quality protein powder. Not only were you getting quality protein it was also a nice recovery product. With pro-antium you're not just drinking a regular protein drink but you're also getting a solid recovery product.

Value 8.0/10
The cheapest place I was able to find pro-antium was bodybuilding.com were a 5.6lb 50 serving tub goes for 47.99. Which is 95cents per serving which is a little bit more than just a regular protein powder. But with pro-antium you are also getting extras like creatine along with betaine.

----Side Effects----
Zero side effects outside of making gaizzzz in the gym.

----Conclusion----
RCSS did a great job with pro-antium you are getting more than just your standard whey protein. You're getting a recovery product plus you getting the aminos along with betaine anhydrous. This is a product that I'm looking forward to buy again.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Taste. Unreal
  • Excellent Texture
  • Mixes Great
  • 5g Of Creatine
  • Strength Gains
  • Betaine
  • 65% Protein
  • Peanut Butter Pie: 10/10
elee229
  November 12, 2016

Verified Full-Container Use through SR TROOPs.
(Thanks to Ronnie Coleman Signature Series for sending it out!)
HEY SR. I'm back with another review. This time a protein review for RCSS's Pro Antium's newest flavor, Peanut Butter Pie. I want to thank Ronnie for the opportunity and sending me a giant 5.6lb tub. It is pretty awesome that they have the SR logo on their label.

I like the fact that it is a blended protein. They do offer a wide range of digestion which can be a benefit for some. I love the fact though that it does have creatine in the product. It is much more convenient since I get protein and creatine at the same time. Plus it is flavored, which is great. Throughout this product I did not have to drink any unflavored, gritty creatine.

Another bonus is that the Peanut Butter Pie flavor has 30 grams of protein with 8 carbs, 2 sugar, 5 grams of creatine, 2.5 grams of betaine anhydrous with only 2.5 grams of fat.

If you want a better breakdown of some of the main ingredients, I recommend looking at WarMachine's review.

Taste B
I received the Peanut Butter Pie flavor. In general not a fan at all of peanut butter. I will admit however that this did taste pretty good. Did I love it? No. Did I like it? Sure. Would I buy this flavor again? Probably not. Truthfully, I am a little biased towards peanut butter. I just don't like peanut butter at all.

I mixed this protein mainly with milk. It tasted much better to me than mixing it with water. Overall a decent flavor.

Mixability B
I sometimes had trouble mixing this product. It took a lot of liquid and shakes to mix it. There were some clumps and grittiness throughout the entire product use.

Dosing A+
Best dosing. I only had to take one scoop and got 30 grams of protein and 5 grams of creatine for the day. I mainly took one scoop post workout and got extra calories from mixing it with milk. The addition of creatine was a huge plus since sometimes I forget to take my creatine.

Effectiveness A
It is not easy judging the effectiveness of the protein. After taking the product, I felt full for a couple of hours. If I drank it in replacement of a meal or at night, it would replace my meal. Also before running this product, I hadn't taken creatine for a couple of months. So being back on creatine, I did notice slight strength and recovery gains.

Value A
The best price that I could find was on BB.com for $47.98. However, they did not have the newest flavor. For one serving, the price comes out to be about $0.96. This product is a one scooper. It's not necessary to take more than one scoop per day. However, I feel that it being a protein blend the price is on the higher side. I think the creatine adds extra value to the price of the protein.

Side Effects
Absolutely none.

Conclusion
Great product overall. I would definitely buy this product again but in a different flavor. I would love to see a creatine free version of this product in addition to the creatine version. Thank you again Ronnie!
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good Recovery
  • Gains In Muscle
  • Betaine
  • Strength Gains
  • 5g Of Creatine
  • Effective
  • Peanut Butter Pie: 7/10
jrconn0609
  April 1, 2016

----Introduction----
Hey all! I'm back with another blended protein review. I will eventually get off this protein bandwagon as I introduce more supps into my regiment but for now bear with me please. My goals right now surround increasing muscle mass/decreasing body fat and this was a good product to continue down that road with.

----Ingredient Profile---- 7.5/10
I'm rating this lower than I really want to because of the fillers and so I'll separate this portion into 2 sections. What I'll call active and inactive ingredients.

- Active Ingredients (10/10)
RC's put together a well thought out muscle building profile here with 30g of actual protein (from all the good sources) per serving PLUS 5g of creatine and 2.5g of betaine. With seemingly full disclosure from RC it's apparent he's putting emphasis on building muscle and mass, especially when you add in 8g of carbs and 2.5g of fat per serving. For some this is really high in carbs but I was using this as my breakfast and the carbs helped satiate my hunger a little more compared to a straight whey protein. When you add the active ingredients together that comes up to 48g of active ingredients/51g serving which makes sense. The last protein I reviewed had issues with amino spiking which made me think I was getting more protein than I actually was. After a little schooling from a fellow SR member I learned the error of my ways and came to love this profile.

- Inactive ingredients (5/10)
While a lot of these ingredients seem to pop in most formulas I still don't like them. I wish there was less filler content. In it's condensed version this product has the following fillers: natural and artificial flavors, gum blend, non-dairy creamer, flour, salt, sucralose and acesulfame potassium. If one is to read the label these fillers are expanded out (thanks to RC's transparency!) to show more even more ingredients. This won't stop me from using the product in the future but it'd be nice to see a slightly cleaner profile in the future.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing---- (6/7/10)
I mentioned the dosing a little more in the section above than I probably should have but I felt it was important to tie the profile to the dosing with this product. To recap, 48g of active ingredients/51g serving is pretty awesome! No short changing the "10" score this product deserves. The only negative (which doesn't impact MY scoring) was the fact I needed a lot of liquid (>24oz) to get this to a good consistency that I liked because the dose was so large at 51g v. a more common dose near 30 or 35g/serving.

Taste and mixability were a little bit of an issue for me here. I'm a huge chocolate fan and like a rich/full chocolate flavor in my protein (and chocolate bars). The double chocolate cookie crunch flavor I used was heavy on the cocoa but didn't enhance some of the sweetness I've come to enjoy in chocolate. This may have been deliberate by the manufacturer but I wasn't the biggest fan. As far as mixing is concerned it took a lot of liquid as mentioned above to get this product to dissolve and usually required a 20-22oz h2o/4-6oz milk blend to get most of the graininess out of it. The cookie crumbs were supposed to be present but there was more graininess beyond that.

----Effectiveness---- (8.5/10)
Coupled with my workout program I'd say this was a very effective supplement. I dropped 2inches in my waist, lost about 1% body fat while maintaining my weight around the 355 mark while this product and most notably I increased my bb.com predicted 1 rep maxes on several lifts. 2 examples are a predicted 20-30lb increase in my bench press, and 20lb increase in my shoulder press. That's pretty damn effective if you ask me.

----Value---- (9/10)
This product is right up there and quite possibly one of the best in terms of value. For ~$50 or $1.00/serving you get 30g of protein (more than the avg), 5g of creatine and 2.5g of betaine. I've set my goal at <$1.00/serving for protein alone. Some simple arithmetic shows 5g of creatine (pricing from nutrabio's creatine monohydrate on amazon) would add $0.27/serving. That price addition alone would push this out of my purchasing limit so it's very easy to say this product it's worth the money you pay for it!

----Side Effects----
Later on in the tub I started to notice a little gas after taking my morning shake. I'm not sure if this was the protein or the creatine causing it but I'm hypothesizing that it is the creatine since I haven't noticed any issues with protein blends in the past. Either way the gas was minor and only last about an hour or so in the morning.

----Conclusion----
I must admit, when I thought about writing this review I was worried I would have to give the #2 blended protein on SR a bad review. However, after I sat down for a few minutes and thought more about about what it did for me and what I got out of it, I realized I couldn't cut RC down. He's made a quality product that is high on my list to purchase the next time I'm looking to boost my strength and muscle mass. Thanks for making a good product RC! I'll be back for certain!
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Gains In Muscle
  • Betaine
  • Strength Gains
  • 5g Of Creatine
  • Effective
  • Addition Of Creatine May Be A Con For Some
FRIDGE
  May 31, 2014

Hey SR, its been a while, this is my first review on my new profile... And what a product to review! I was luckily enough to get this from abroad after some time of anxiously waiting!

*PRODUCT INGREDIENTS/NUTRITIONAL INFO(9)
Has already been listed by many expert reviewers, so no need to waste time here with every nutritional detail etc etc... But high quality ingredients , 29g protein, 1g sugar, 2.5g betaine, some healthy fats and not to mention 5g creatine makes for a top quality supplement, Ron knows how to make the very best and this is evident!

DOSING(10)
Simple, 1 scoop (with 8oz water) post workout. I kn0ow everyone has their own say in how much creatine one should have but I prefer keeping it 10g or under. I would have preferred to have more than one serving(preworkout meal) but with the availability of pro antium(the 2.2kg) absent here, I tried to make it last longer.... And I did occasionally add a scoop to my midday meal replacement(off days) just to get in that there taste.

MIXIBILITY(9)
P.A mix well in 8oz of water, I hardly never had an issue with mixing which can be the case in other multi blended proteins! I occasionally did have a clump here and there... but nothing to really complain about.

TASTE(10-Strawberry)
Originally I ordered chocolate but I got strawberry instead... But WOW, This is the best tasting protein I have ever had, and I'm not just saying that for fun.... Its like having a milkshake with real added bits and pieces of cookies(No jokes).The flavouring was spot on, not to rich and not too sweet... It was just perfect. I looked forward to slowly sippin' it after every workout and on non workout days...

*EFFECTIVENESS(9/10)
A protein is hard to gauge, you cannot expect it to make or break you. But whilst on P.A I noticed my recovery was slightly improved, especially after my chest workout(which often leaves me broken). I noticed my strength remained the same even though my calories were slightly reduced, which is an added bonus as my strength does dip when I drop calories! After a full tub of P.A I was slightly heavier on the scale, without the fat accumulation(the mirror and wife don't lie lol), I was highly impressed after my tub of P.A!

*VALUE(8/10)
A cost for a 2.2kg P.A costs me about $90, yes its shocking I know. But with everything here being overpriced I still think its good value for money due to it being effective at just 1 scoop! A container lasted me well over a month, as I had 2 scoop on my off days. But with this being potentially my favourite protein I wouldn't mind spending the doe to grow!

*OVERALL(9/10)
Ronnie has done it yet again with another really brilliant product, it's a perfect blend between taste and effectiveness, which is hard to do... the supplement industry has tons of proteins... but P.A stands out! I dare to say... My favourite protein ever! But with the exclusion of creatine ,P.A would be more versatile especially for those who drink a number of protein shakes daily. With the only flaw being the creatine and the price tag(because it an international product here), I still give P.A a huge 9! Amazing taste, texture and some lean gainz! This makes me wonder how iso tropic tastes :'( due to P.A being the tastiest multi blend protein shake I have ever had(And it was strawberry!)! Thanks Ron for producing another epic product!
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Taste. Unreal
  • Excellent Texture
  • Mixes Great
  • Strength Gains
  • Betaine
  • Gains In Muscle
BrooklynBuff
  April 1, 2014

Their are many great reviews of this protein and it will be difficult to build upon them and shed new light for this product. Though I enjoyed it so much, that I felt inclined to review it anyway. I purchased my first tub on my own and still have a second in the wood works from JoeFlah, and the RCSS team. Much appreciated fellas, your certainy a top shell company who keep the customer the priority. We all know in the supplement industry," you can pay for school but ya cant buy class"

This was the only supplement I utilized over the course of fifty days. I was even removed from the use of creatine for well over a month as well. Which I believe will enable me to give a fair assessment of this product without bias and will be able to attribute any positives recieved by this protein.
Feel me?

Ingredients... 9
All of the previous reviews list them in depth. I'll list the ones that's really mattered for me.
29 grams protein
5 grams creatine mono
2.5 grams betaine
13.5 grams EAA

This lineup is what really inclined me to write this review. This really is your one SCOOP a day whey. . I loved the convenience of taking a single scoop and knowing that im getting exactly what i need for my workouts and daily rquirement of creatine. If I may add, I really enjoyed the handling and location of the scooper. Everyone should know by now how crucial that is.." And if ya don't know, now ya know " itches.

Taste 10
I had the chocolate
The most delicious flavored whey protein I have ever tasted. I would throw this in the magic bullet with ice, skim milk and a banana... straight banging..Buff said..
*edit* Nuff

Side effects 9
Absolutely none, never gave me any stomach discomfort or poor mix ability issues.

Effectiveness 9
Now this is where things got interesting. Like I stated earlier , I had been cycled off creatine for around six weeks. I lost my typical 4-5 pounds and slight strength imcrease that I always get on creatine. Now in to the third week of taking pro-antium, got my size back. Not only that but I finally got a p.r on my bench that I've been stuck in a stale-mate for some time. Was it anything to write home about? For y'all, prolly not but I broke my plateau of 5 reps of 305 and got it to 7.

Value 8
Yeah it's 50 balls for a tub. You want results? Stop begging and cough up the buck per SCOOP..

Conclusion
In my opinion this is the best protein. For what it offers in taste, effectiveness , ingredients. Best of da best right hur..
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Taste. Unreal
  • Excellent Texture
  • Mixes Great
  • 5g Of Creatine
  • Strength Gains
  • Betaine
brenth6112
  March 29, 2014

Here lies the review for the other half of my RCSS experience, Pro Antium! Another huge thanks goes out to joeflah and Big Ron for showing me some serious love once again with this logging opportunity. This was a great run. Let's talk about it shall we?

Other supplements used during the run:
Multi/Fish oil
Glucosamine/Chondroitin
Dermacrine/Endosurge Turbo by BPS
360PRE/ ENGN
iForce Compete Intra
AI HGH Pro
Generic Monohydrate(5G) as needed added to Pro Antium

Profile-8.5

As with every other product on the RCSS line, this profile is quality and covers a variety of angles. Ronnie really wanted to include everything you might need during the day and especially post workout. Here are some highlights:

1 scoop(44g) serving for 50 total servings
Protein-29g
Creatine Monohydrate-5g(not creapure)
Betaine-2.5g
Essential Amino Acids-13.5g

The protein comes from fast,medium, and slow acting sources including whey concentrate, milk protein isolate, whey protein isolate, whey protein hydrolisate, micellar casein, egg albumin and calcium caseinate.

This product also includes Medium Chain Triglycerides for some healthy fats.

Overall a very comprehensive profile that provides most all things lost during your workout. This is not the most clean protein source though. There several other ingredients in here. That being said, I don't necessarily think you would be buying this for cleanliness. That's what they make whey isolate for.

Dosing-10
Easy. One scoop post workout. I went as much as two scoops for about 2 weeks of the run. The label suggests 1-4 scoops a day but that would give you as much as 20g of creatine and would greatly take the value out of it. If your diet is how it should be, one scoop is plenty. I took the 2 scoops to get the 10g of creatine since I train mostly for powerlifting I felt I needed a little more than 5g. I eventually just started adding in a separate monohydrate with one scoop. I liked this idea better and it worked out better for me.

Taste/Mix-8.9
I know Im gonna seem crazy but I had the Vanilla Wafer Crisp and although it tastes good, I was getting a little tired of it towards the end. It has a great, strong taste but was just a little much especially at 2 scoops. In water was good but in milk it was much better.

It mixed good with some extra shaking. It would eventually smooth out and was very drinkable after a few minutes. It wasn't like a pure isolate but you can't expect that from a product with so many ingredients packed in there. I was impressed overall.

Effectiveness-9.4
Yeah always tough to gauge this with a protein but there are a few things to note. It killed late night cravings and I was never starving in the morning. It seems to really keep me on track even though my diet wasn't perfect. I rarely over-ate though which is a plus for me. I tend to snack a lot but not while taking this. I had not taken any creatine for a few weeks before this and I did se some nice strength gains. I starting looking fuller and feeling fuller muscle wise. I gained a good 5-6 lbs with a good 2-3 of that being water weight and the other being muscle. Maybe an indicator of the creatine. My recovery is usually pretty good and stayed that way with no huge differences. So yeah, very effective product.

Side Effects-8
I wanted to note that at 2 scoops I had some stomach issues. No pain or anything but just some really excessive gas. I noticed it throughout the day but the most while I was working out. I had to make multiple trips to the bathroom so I wouldn't gas out the entire gym lol. It was kinda of annoying to have to go fart before a big deadlift or squat set though. This was drastically reduced with one scoop. Still a good score but something to be aware of.

Value-8.8
Around 50 bucks for 50 servings. Not bad at all. I think you shouldn't need any more than one scoop and you can manipulate your creatine intake like I did by adding a separate, cheap monohydrate if you do in fact need more creatine. You could make an argument that you don't need the creatine in there at all and could add your own, even cheaper creatine. It's hard to say because we don't know what the cost of this would be without creatine so you don't know how much you are actually saving. I guess you just have to assume that it would be more expensive to get your creatine from a protein supplement. Who knows?? I did take a fraction of a point off for this reason.

Overall-9
Of all the proteins Ive tried, this has been the most effective of them. You have to trust that Big Ron is working is butt off to make quality products and this one is holds that standard. This is a great all-around product that will save you from having to go out and buy a multitude of various other products. This is your one stop shop. I highly recommend you go out and try this and this doesn't just seem to be my opinion, but also the opinions of almost anyone that has tried it. I will be running this again and Im thinking of picking up the chocolate flavor.

Check out my log of both this and the Stacked N.O. starting on page 15!!!
  • Comprehensive Profile
  • Taste Got Old
  • Stomach Issues At 2 Scoops
WarMachine
  February 23, 2014

A big time "Yeah Buddy" grade shout out to Joeflah, Big Ron himself, and all the boys at RCSS for hooking me up a tub of this king worthy protein.

Today, I discuss my experience with what is quickly becoming one of the most popular protein supplements on today's market and for good reason. Pro-Antium is specialized protein supplements formulated with a blend of various source proteins, bcaas as well as other essential amino acids, creatine, betaine, and healthy lipids. Essentially, it's got almost everything aspiring hardworking athletes needs to be at their best.

Taste: (OH HELL YEAH BUDDY!!)

A numerical score was simply not enough for this category. I had the strawberry shortcake flavor and it was beyond delicious. The flavor was the right amount of rich and smooth. I've experimented with various mixtures and found that chocolate almond milk mixed with a scoop of strawberry shortcake (or any other flavor I am sure) is true Mr. Olympia Muscle Food Sizzurp!!

Ingredient Profile (9): While there is more to the profile, the following are the key ingredients comprising Pro-Antium's contents:

One scoop will provide..

29g Protein
5g creatine
2.5g betaine
3.5g bcaa
1g sugar

The most favorable thing I like here is the 29 grams per single serving. Most proteins on today's market often have 20-25 grams per scoop. I usually opt for no lower than 20 myself. So when I saw that one scoop of pro-antium provided a substantial 29 grams, I was almost instantaneously sold. It is worth noting that the protein content is derived directly from these sources:

Whey Protein Concentrate, Milk Protein Isolate, Whey Protein Isolate, Whey Protein Hydrolysate, Micellar Casein, Egg Albumin, Calcium Caseinate

All of these have their unique characteristics of digestion rates and bio-availability, so to have them all clearly creates a favorable spectrum of protein quality.

Next we have 5 grams of creatine monohydrate. Based on the reviews I've read from other members both here and on other website forums, the addition of creatine seems to get mixed standpoints. I would assume that a user looking more for a primary protein supplement would most likely consider the addition of creatine a con. This would especially be unfavorable to users who may react negatively to creatine in general. Me personally, I actually favor the addition of creatine mainly because I've always responded well to creatine in general. I've found it increases my recovery, mass, and overtime strength development. Of course, I do carefully monitor my intake of creatine from other sources and ensure to stay well hydrated. In summary, I prefer the addition of creatine, but perhaps a creatine free version would also be welcomed by many.

Third we have betaine. Betaine has gotten mixed reviews as to its efficacy as an ingredient in general. I find that betaine acts best as a synergistic ingredient, aiding in the absorption and metabolism of other macro-nutrients. This would in turn enhance their influence on muscle development.

Lastly, we have a good amount of the basic bcaas needed for recovery and protein synthesis support.

One final thing to note is that pro-antium also provides some medium chain triglyceride sources to aid in protein metabolism and energy restoration.

In summary, pro-antium has a very good and complete ingredient profile that is sure to aid any athlete meet some of their basic dietary needs as well as aid in muscular development.

Usage: Being that this has creatine, it is important to abide by the suggestion given on the tub itself to limit servings to 1-2 scoops a day. I myself never went beyond 2 scoops a day, and there were several days where I settle for simply one scoop. I would mostly have it either sometime post workout or first thing in the morning. Perhaps if creatine was not included, users may find more versatility in the product, but as I said, the creatine does not heavily influence my favor in pro-antium.

Effectiveness (9): Being that this is a protein supplement, gauging efficacy is difficult. One cannot simply assess if protein is working since protein in itself is a nutrient obtained from our basic diets. It is not like a stimulant in the fact that we know a stimulant is working or not because we are able to feel it's effects on our cognitive abilities. When it comes to protein though, the only way to score efficacy is to relate it to how it may have benefited you directly in terms of what you were expecting from it. Being that pro-antium has a substantial amount of protein as well as extras like creatine and bcaas, I do believe it definitely aided in allowing me to obtain supplementary nutrients vital to muscular hypertrophy. Of course, that's not to say I wouldn't be able to develop without it, but it's supplementary benefits truly do help when ensuring that you are providing your body with additional building nutrients.

Value (8): A great product equates to a great price as many on today's market are not cheap in their own right. For pro-antium, 50-55 dollars for 50 servings of a blend consisting of high quality 29 grams of protein and other extras, this price range is not the worst. Nonetheless, pro-antium isn't cheap, so definitely do some shopping around.

Overall (9): Pro-Antium has undoubtedly earned its spot in the machine's list of "ups in the supps". I will be using pro-antium again in the near future, especially should a creatine-free formulation be released. I highly recommend anyone looking to add a great supplement to their stack in terms of the protein category to consider pro-antium. My next task will be putting Iso-tropic max to the test when it arrives.

HAIL TO THE KING BABY!!!

WARMACHINE OUT!!!

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Taste. Unreal
  • Good Recovery
  • Betaine
  • Strength Gains
  • 5g Of Creatine
  • Excellent Texture
  • Expesnsive
  • Addition Of Creatine May Be A Con For Some
Manimal

January 17, 2014

I received several small bags of this a while back from the ER program. So obviously, the shout out goes to the king, Ronnie Coleman for being a part of our forum here and hooking us up. This is protein so I'm not gonna spend too much time here, as I consider protein just a food supplement to fill in the gaps where you are missing protein in your diet. But I will give Ronnie his dues here.

The profile: 7/10
Pro Antium is a blend, yielding whey concentrate, milk protein isolate, whey isolate, whey hydrolisate, Miscellar casein, Egg albumin, and calcium caseinates (listed in order of abundance). You get some of the higher end as well as the lower end types of protein. The difference in these are typically negligent but worth sharing. You also get 5g of good ol creatine monohydrate, some MCTs, and Betaine. The amino acid profile is on par as well, here.

My thoughts on this: I do like the fact that I can have a scoop of this and my daily creatine intake is hit. However, this can yield a small issue if you are consuming more than one scoop a day. You only need 3-5g of creatine mono a day to reap the benefits so my daily use with this is limited, where as with a creatine-free protein, I can throw in two scoops to make a thicker smoothie or a bigger serving in general. This is also a higher calorie formula, bringing 192 kcals, 4g of fat, 10g of carbs, and 29g of protein. I wouldn't deem this optimal for the competitive bodybuilder on poverty macros and a large caloric deficit. But for most, this is a pretty reasonable profile.

Taste/mixability: 9/10
As most have stated, Ronnie pretty much nailed the taste with this. I got the vanilla wafer crisp and I enjoy it, although I can't remember the last time I actually mixed protein powder in water so I can't say for that aspect. I usually make a whey sludge or a smoothie.

You'll find that a tub of this protein runs you in the 50-60 dollar range in most places, yielding 50 servings per tub. I suppose if you are to take a serving a day (which I'm held to do with the creatine content), it would last you 50 days. I don't see a high value here though since creatine mono is dirt cheap. It's not a rip-off by any means and could certainly fit in most peoples' budget. I would something like this to be a bit lower on the price range to be competitive for my purchase though.

Ronnie, I love your protein but I'd like to see it without creatine and a bit of a lower price to earn a higher rating. With that said, I do enjoy it and I will try it out again sometime in the future. I'd recommend this protein to anyone who likes the higher calorie content and typically doesn't use much protein powder (unlike myself). If you are in that category and don't like buying creatine separate, certainly give this a go as you will enjoy the taste and get a quality blend of proteins and creatine.
  • Amino Acid Profile
  • Creamy Texture
  • Good Protein Blend
SuperGill
  December 30, 2013

Hi there, just my second review on SR so feedback is deeply appreciated. First of all i found SR while looking for reviews of supplements. The amount of reviews really helped me in making my supplementation decisions and now i feel that its about time i help others.

Firstly, this was my 3rd tub of whey protein after Dymatize Elite WPI (rich choc) and MP Combat powder (choc milk). Still looking for the best one for my body. Was actually about to buy Optimum Gold Standard but then saw there was a real good promo for RCSS products i couldnt miss.

I took the 6lbs Double Chocolate Flavour and wow the taste is unreal. It cant be protein. It really beats the hell out of my last 2 protein in terms of taste. Hands down the best protein in terms of taste.

Each scoop is much bigger though at 44g per scoop. It has 29 grams of protein per scoop too. This is also higher in calories than your average protein powder at 192. It was better for me as i was going on a bulk. However a downside could be the fact that is has creatine in it. I say this is a downside as firstly, most people supplement with creatine already secondly, some people might be cycling off creatine and lastly, the way this protein taste i could well do more than 3-4 scoops a day.

In terms of the effects, i can say it has made me grow bigger maybe partly due to my higher calorie intake. I also had no digestion problems while taking this protein as well as no side effects. Recovery also increased slighty which was quite pleasing.

In terms of mixabilty, i would rate it a 8.5 simple because elite whey mixed the best. However it still mixes brilliantly in water and milk with and without the blender ball.

In terms of value, i got this 6lbs at 79sgd (62usd) so i think its pretty decent tbh. it costs the same as ON here (Singapore). Basically you get what you paid for.

In conclusion, a very good tasting protein powder that also helps if youre bulking up. it is also a great meal replacement powder. very effective, great taste, mixes well, decent value, real cookies wow. Will definitely be getting this protein again. Only wish it has no creatine inside.

I also noticed that Mr Ronnie Coleman is on SR? If you are reading this, Yeaaah buddy!
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Taste. Unreal
  • Good Recovery
  • Betaine
  • Strength Gains
  • Would Like A Creatine Free Version
Superdude246
  December 22, 2013

I just wanted to start off by saying I am extremely glad I came across this protein.
This protein to me was a huge game changer!

Ingredients: From what ive seen the whole rcss line has some solid products with some really solid ingredients such as the astragin found in there pre but in this protein i have to say the mix of whey casein and egg protein at 29g along side 5g of creatine and 2.5g of betaine was top notch imo preferred this over hydro builder. The little cookie crisps at the bottom made me crave it!

Taste: Holy Moly! I never thought i would find a better tasting protein than syntha 6(which i really dislike because of their ingredient profile and the gas o get from it) but drinking this protein was like drinking a protein fit for a god. It was just the right amount of creamy and i found if i left it in the freezer with me it tasted just like an.ice cream milkshake even when mixed with water! Mind blowing! It was hard not to drink it all day long.

Effectiveness: As if the taste wasnt amazing enough this protein provided some solid gains and recovery. From the first day i tried it i noticed right off the back after taking it after my workout that my muscles literally felt like they were filling back up and recovering almost instantly that i almost had to remind myself that i went to the gym lol

Overall: When your looking for the best in protein blends look no further because you have found it in pro antium! Would i buy it again too late i just bought a 5lb tub for 38 hows that for value! Thanks for the solid products big guy! Go Ronnie!
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Taste. Unreal
  • Excellent Texture
  • Mixes Great
  • 5g Of Creatine
  • Strength Gains
  • Betaine
  • Effective

Copyright © 2016 SupplementReviews.com. All rights reserved. All trademarks are property of their respective owners.