Home > Categories > Protein > Whey Protein > Cytosport > 100% Whey Protein

Cytosport 100% Whey Protein

100% Whey Protein Cytosport
Expert Rating:
User Rating: (16 Reviews)

Review Authenticity: 90% (Trusted)
LOWEST Prices for 100% Whey Protein (Links open in new window) [Sponsored]
60.99 Buy 100% Whey Protein Thousands of Supplements! Buy 100% Whey Protein
Report Product Error

Compare Similar Products:

Users who liked this product also liked:

Optimum 100% Whey Reviews
100% Whey (374 Reviews)
9.2
Dymatize Elite Gourmet Protein Reviews
Elite Gourmet Protein (31 Reviews)
Muscle Gauge Nutrition American Protein Isolate Reviews
American Protein Isolate (7 Reviews)
Optimum 100% Casein Protein Reviews
100% Casein Protein (138 Reviews)

Products in the same category:

Optimum Platinum Hydro Whey Reviews
Platinum Hydro Whey (98 Reviews)
9.1
GNC Wheybolic Extreme 60 Reviews
Wheybolic Extreme 60 (79 Reviews)

Related Forum Topics

100% Gold Standard Whey protein while on cycle?
Any reviews using 100% gold standard whey protein while running a cycle??...

Marked Blast & Burn pack & 100% Whey Protein Complex On Sale At Walgreens.
Get Mared Nutrition blast & burn pack & 100% whey protein complex gourme...

Protein blend vs 100% Whey Protein: What are the pros and cons of each?
I was wondering what the pros and cons are for taking a protein blend vs a pure ...

Goal:Cut..Stack:OEP,CLA, itamins,BCAA & 100% Whey Protein..anything missing?
Hi, I am 5'11 and was at about 253 lbs a month ago when I started off. I ...

[ask]ON 100% Whey Protein gold vs GN Myofusion.
which one of these 2 product is the best? and what's the different between ...

What's the differences of AllWhey and 100% Gold standard Whey protein ?
I would like to know everything about them......

Can my 100% Whey Protein Expire???
So my mom called me and said she found a 2lb. tub of 100% whey protein IDK if it...

Optimum Gold Standard 100% Whey Protein for $21.00!!
Title says it all, this is through bodybuilding.com. http://www.bodybuilding.co...

Get Involved!

Confused about Supplements?

FREE 7-Day Supplement Crash Course:

Description

100% Whey Protein Nutritional Info and Supplement Facts on:
    Links open in new window
    100% Whey Protein Reviews:
    Pros:
    Cons:
    • Good Value (16)
    • Builds Muscle (10)
    • Mixed Very Easy (10)
    • Strong Basic Protein (10)
    • Bad Taste (3)
    • Taste You Hafta Get Used To (3)
    • Vanilla Better Than Chocolate (2)
    • Good Using Fruit (2)
    March 13, 2011

deumcole

Reviews: 106

Age: 22

March 13, 2011
     Very good basic protein, for a very good price. Not typically a fan of Cytosport, but I hadta try this.

Value: A
    Got this at Costco for about $30, for around 6lbs or something like almost 70 servings. This lasted me a long time, well over 2 months & I used everyday 2x a day.

Profile: B
    Basic profile. Good amounnt of BCAAs, about 24g protein, minimal carbs, minimal calories. The thing that sold me was the lack of lactose. I'm slightly lactose intolerant, & I do get some bloating from other proteins but barely any with this stuff.

Effectiveness: B
    Surprised me a lot. I didn't expect much interms of recovery & other stuff, but I got pretty good recovery with this stuff. Stayed pretty lean while using this, & that I wasn't expecting. Despite a basic protein IMO, it did very well.

Mixability/Drinkability: A+
    Lumped these 2 categories togetther, since they go hand-in-hand. Usually if it doesn't mix well it doesn't drink well.
    Mixed very easily. A quick flick of the wrist & this stuff was thoroughly mixed. Also mixed very smooth in water (never tried in milk), as if there was nothing added to the water. Went down easy, nice & smooth.

Taste: D
    Horrid taste. Bought chocolate, didn't taste like chocolate at all. Went down easy, but it tasted bad the whole way down. After a week or 2, you get used to it. After awhile I really didn't mind it at all. It still tasted bad, but you get used to it.

Overall: B
    Good, strong, basic protein. Nothing really special, just everything you need. Doesn't do anything over the top, but instead covers the basics.

In the end this was a good buy. Lasted long, & worked really well. The price is what sells it, I don't think there's really a better value in terms of basic proteins. I could definitely see myself buying this again, as a matter of fact fairly soon. So yes, I would definitely recommend this.
    Pros:
    Cons:
    • Mixed Very Easy
    • Little To No Bloating
    • Strong Basic Protein
    • Fairly Versatile
    July 8, 2013

workoutguru

Reviews: 83

Age: 33

July 8, 2013
    Great protein that brings a big bang.

I happen to see this at Costco and thought I would give it a try. I believe Costco is the only place that sells this. I just finished the chocolate and now just started the Vanilla flavor. Those are the only two flavors that I know they sell. I would like them to have some more flavors I could get. One thing different about this is that this comes in like a zip lock big size bag instead of a big jug. The bag is pretty durable and always stayed standing up when I used it all the way until it was gone.

Ingredients.9
    This has concentrated and Isolated Whey Protein in this.
    Net WT 6lbs
    Magnesium 4%
    6g BCAA's per serving
    4.7g L-Glutamine and Glutamine Precursors

Typical Amino acid profile
    L-Isoleucine 1,635mg, L-Leucine 2,840mg, L-Valine 1,535mg, L-Tryptophan 495mn, L-Lysine 2,530mg, L-Threonine 1,820mg, L-Phenylalanine 820mg, L-Methionine 565mg

Amino Acid
    L-Alanine 1,325mg, L-Arginine 605mg, L-Glycine 475mg, L-Aspartic Acid 2,960mg, L-Glutamine & Precursors 4,700, L-Cysteine 615mg, L-Histidine 495mg, L-Tyrosine 735mg, L-Proline 1,555mg, L-Serine 1,295mg

It says on the front of the label that this is Manufactured free of banned substances in a NSF GMP for sport registered facility.

I noticed they get pretty detailed on the list of ingredients they put in this. I think it is pretty good what all they put in this. I like that the protein is a little higher per servings compared to a lot of other proteins. I like the amount of bcaa's they put in this 6g.

Price 9
    When I first got the chocolate flvor the price was $48.99 and now they have it for $45.99. You get a total of 75 servings. I think the price of this is pretty decent considering the amount of servings you get and for what's all in this for Ingredients.

Taste 9
    I thought the chocolate was not to bad. It does not have a real strong chocolate taste to it kind of like a cocoa. This reminded me of drinking chocolate milk but with a little less sweeter of a taste to it. I just started the Vanilla now and I think the vanilla is a little better tasting. Both of these flavors I thought were enjoyable to drink and did not have to chug them just to drink them.

Mixability
    I never really had any problems when it came to mixing this. I always mixed this with water and had no clumping at all but I did notice that it did foam up a little when I shook it up. I noticed the powder in this is really fine and does not get very thick when mixed.

Effectiveness 9
    I thought this was a pretty decent protein. I felt I got really good recovery from this and had very little soreness from taking this. I know this helped a lot in me building more muscle mass and helped get me a little more cut up also. I felt I put on a little more size and weight from this. I felt I had little issues with bloating from this which I usually notice a lot when I have taken other brands of protein. This is one issue with proteins I don't like is the bloating I usually get. This really helped me in keeping a lot of my strength gains I got.

Overall 9
    Overall I thought this was a great product for what it did for me. I like that this has 75 servings in it and the price is not to bad either. I think the ingredient profile is pretty solid and worked good for me. I would highly recommend giving this a try. I wish more places besides Costco sold this product. I think this is one of the better proteins that Cytosport makes. I will for sure be using this again as long as the price stays where it's at and does not start getting much higher.
    • Bag Stands Up
    • Mixed Very Easy
    • Wish More Places Carried This Product.
    • Vanilla Better Than Chocolate
    May 24, 2013

kmorri22

Reviews: 1

Age: 47

May 24, 2013
    as a meal replacement

I'm on my 3rd bag of the vanilla flavor. I like the taste. I mix it with whatever I have around -- water, chocolate milk, orange juice, V8 Fusion, pureed fruit. No lumps, no after taste, no chalky taste either. The price has gone up since I started using it (its at about $40 per 6-lb bag now YIKES!)
    I use it as a meal replacement at work as I tend to forget to eat lunch. Gets me thru until I can actually eat something -- other than vending machine cuisine. (AKA - chocolate bars or chips.)
    I go to the gym 3-4 days / week, I am not trying to add weight, but take it off and build muscle. -- the kids are grown and now its my turn to be my most important person to take care of. This helps.
    • The Chocolate Flavor Upsets My Stomach
    March 30, 2013

chumpchange

Reviews: 9

Age: 28

March 30, 2013
     this has been my protein of choice for long time now. very good all around protein. good profile, decent taste, no stomach aches, mixes better than other cheap proteins, and even the container being a bag instead of a tub is great for saving space in a pantry.

here's the breakdown

-taste 6.8/10
    only 2 flavors i know of, chocolate and vanilla. never had the chocolate and the vanilla tastes decent with skim milk. i usually have mine with some fiber one or cheerios post workout.

-profile 7.7/10
    again the chocolate might be different, but the vanilla is low fat, low carb, and high protein. serving size is 36g with 27g of protein, 2.5g of fat and 3g of carbs. not the best, but still very good.

-value 8.9/10
    this is where it shines. i pay 45$ for a 6lb at costco. that's comparable to most 4lb tubs. there are plenty of other cheap protein powders out there, but in my experience they all either taste like crap, mix very poorly, or have a less than stellar profile. this stuff has been none of these for me. i also don't experience the occasional stomach aches i get with other cheap proteins.

OVERALL: 7.8/10
    Pros:
    Cons:
    • Bag Stands Up
    • Profile For The Money
    • Fairly Versatile
    • Strong Basic Protein
    • Little To No Bloating
    • Mixed Very Easy
    • Doesn't Fall Over Like Serious Mass Bag
    • Vanilla Better Than Chocolate
    • Good Using Fruit
    December 18, 2012

Wafflesaurus

Reviews: 2

Age: 17

December 18, 2012
     I pick this protein up every few months because it is cheaper than a lot of other brands. I take it with water and or milk and it tastes pretty good compared to other stuff I have taken.I've built muscle successfully using this cheap protein and I am very happy with this product. I highly recommend it.
      December 4, 2012

hockeypuck21

Reviews: 2

Age: 22

December 4, 2012
       I bought a 6lb bag of this at Costco for my off days as a meal replacement.

8:Profile
      The ingredient profile of this protein is impressive for the value, for a single scoop you get 27 grams of protein, 3 grams of carbs, 2 grams of fat, 6 grams of BCAA's, and all for only 140 calories.
      The one downside of the profile to me is it is fairly high in cholesterol.

8: Mixability
      While this protein mixes well right away it doesn't receive a ten, because when I have a shake mixed in the fridge at work it does NOT mix well when I go to mix it again to drink it.

10: Value
      The value is a RARE ten. You receive a giant six pound bag for $50. While there are more superior proteins around for the money you can't beat it.

7.5: Effectiveness
      I have taken 12 lbs of this protein while it serves it's purpose as a meal replacement for college kids like me, who are also working part time and trying to lift, I would not recommend it for bulking or building.

7: Taste
      Another area where this product loses points. It loses points mostly because if you have tasted any other products cytosport makes you'd expect more from the taste too! While the taste is not horrid it is not very good the chocolate is much better than the vanilla, even though it still has a chalky, dark chocolate, coffee sort of taste.

Overall a great product and serves it's purpose as a good meal replacement shake, because its ingredient profile for the value is unsurpassed.
      Pros:
      Cons:
      • Profile For The Money
      March 31, 2012

paul92385

Reviews: 4

Age: 26

March 31, 2012
       I bought this at Costco and I must say it is a great bargain. I use the whey protein as a meal replacement when I have no time during work to eat. I mix it with 2% milk and it tastes awesome. I totally recommend it. Go to your local Costco and buy it to the avoid shipping and handling.
        March 5, 2012

cfn77

Reviews: 1

Age: 77

March 5, 2012
         As an old lady(77) who needed to increase core strength after serious back surgery,found Cytrosport Whey Protein at Costco a great buy. Don't know much about a lot of what many of you wrote about but I mix it as a smoothie with blueberries or a banana or other fruit with probiotic yogurt it's really not bad. The fruit takes away some of taste many of you didn't like. Don't know how fruit goes with body building but you still need fresh fruit in your diet. Try it some time you may really like it. As for when I use it, usually after working out at the gym, three times a week, as a substitute for lunch. Maybe that's why I don't hurt and my workout partner does. Oh, I use a blender so no clumps. Have actually built muscle since we started working out a little over two years ago.
        • Good Using Fruit
        • Cocoa Unsweetened With Banana Works Too
        December 2, 2011

Reviews: 5

Age: 39

December 2, 2011
         To start off,this particular protein might not be wildly popular being that its cheap costco protein. Ordinarily i live by the golden rule "If it's at a grocery store, it's crap". I had a choice protein synthesis from nutrishop or cytosport from costco. Being that i was broke as hell, i opted for the cheap one. I didn't expect much, but thankfully i was pleasantly mistaken. 80% concentrated whey 20% isolated whey. I have three older teenagers in the house. We are going broke on food alone.

The Breakdown:
        2.4g fat
        140 calories
        *2.8g leucine :)

Effectiveness:9
        Nothing out of the ordinary, still got doms two days after,but I'm ok with that. It was a good supplement to my diet when i had smaller meals, and i am comfortable with the bcaa profile. I supp with extra bcaa so no worries on that end.

Taste:9
        Probably a bit sweet for most,it didn't really bother me. I was putting in unflavored bcaa's at the time so i welcomed the extra taste. No aftertaste what so ever.

Mix-ability:7
        As long as i used my blender cup, i had no issues. When i used just a regular shaker cup it was a bit lumpy, but hey its cheap protein what do you expect.

Value:10
        The good part 6 lbs for $27, this will be my go to protein from now on. I know the ingredient profile is stronger in other mainstream protein blends, however at this price I am satisfied.

Overall:9
        This is my third 6lb bag so far, I'm not going to say its going to add 10 lbs in 30 days like some of the other high end mixes claim. Lets face it if your buying a $27 6 lb bag of protein you know it's not top tier. For what is though, it is definitely worth every cent. I would definitely recommend this protein if your on a tight budget like I am, however i do believe it should be used along with a high quality blended protein i.e. protein synthesis(my fav).

• Too Sweet For Some
        Reply #1:
        venom434
        venom434

Joined: 4/2010
        Reviews: 54
        Reputation: +981
        i actually tried looking for this while shopping in Sams Club a few weeks back, but couldn't find it.

Reply #2:

Joined: 11/2011
        Reviews: 5
        Reputation: +89
        Nope just costco, its good when your in a bind for funds.

July 16, 2011

Wrestler152

Reviews: 6

Age: 17

July 16, 2011
         Winner.This a basic protein with a great value, i dont think ill buy a different protein.

Profile: 8
        Only 3g of carbs, 2g of fat, and 27g of protein a scoop, nice and basic.
        I threw away my bag but im pretty sure this has 2.7g of leucine a serving which is legit.

Effectiveness: 8
        This is a protein powder not Tren, helped me get my daily protein when whole foods were in short supply. I took 2 scoops post workout with no bloating which is another plus. All in all this protein did its job.

Taste: 7
        Taste is your basic chocolate protein, i mixed it with skim 90% of the time and it was pleasant but nothing to write home about. I didnt like the chemical after taste though. For postworout i mixed it with skim and nesquick powder it was divine.

Mixability: 9
        I dont even know why im even reviewing this part, put it in a blender bottle and you wont get any clumps.

Value:9
        78 servings for $35, best value ive seen.Seeing how this has a decent amino acid profile id say its a steal.

Overall:9
        Great basic protein, ive noticed no difference from this and ON gold standard. I will be buying this protein from here on out.
        • Chemical After Taste
        Reply #1:
        Virtus
        Virtus

Joined: 2/2011
        Reviews: 15
        Reputation: +1570
        Yeah, love the stuff. Great deal. Nice review.

Reply #2:
        bigworm89
        bigworm89

Joined: 1/2010
        Reviews: 33
        Reputation: +2067
        Im going to rep you just for your new avatar.

Reply #3:
        ironthoughts
        ironthoughts

Joined: 7/2011
        Reviews: 0
        Reputation: +1
        Wow 78 serv. for 35$! good deal

Have you used 100% Whey Protein? Submit your own Review!