Ranks #4 (better than 77%)
In: Pre-Workout > Stimulant Free

PreSeries STIM-FREE is a Stimulant Free Pre-Workout manufactured by Transparent Labs. It can increase muscle performance, endurance and blood flow without the use of stiimulants. It promotes an environment optimal for increasing muscle mass and losing body fat.

Pre-Workout > Stimulant Free

horsty
TROOPer Level: 57

- Introduction -
This has been a preworkout I have been using for a little while now, and have been excited to review as soon as I got the time. My life is rather hectic with full time work, school and ROTC on top of that. Due to my lack of free time I went ahead and simplified everything I could in my life. From how I eat, to what I eat or how I workout, it was made simpler and less time consuming. I eat once or twice a day, I workout up to three times a day due to PT, strength training and crossfit(It's apparently functional), and on top of that I have a full time job and full time in college as well. The things I look for in my supplements are versatility, dosages and the usage of natural ingredients over certain artificial ones. Transparent Labs created three preworkouts, and I am reviewing their Stim Free one which might just be my favorite preworkout of all time...maybe anyways.

- Ingredient Profile -
This is one of those supplement profiles you look at, and just want to thank the supplement gods for. When I first found Transparent Labs, I right away noticed they did not skimp on any ingredient. Everything is maxed out, and dosed properly for the most part. Starting from the with 6 grams of L-Citrulline, followed by 4 grams of BCAA's. Wait BCAA's you might ask? In a preworkout? Yes, and I love that they added them. The whole purpose behind adding BCAA's to a preworkout is to get protein synthesis started without having to consume a bunch of protein. For someone like me who fast upwards of 20 hours a day, and doesn't have a meal or calories till roughly 2:00pm, yet still works out at 6:00am everyday BCAA's are important part of my supplementation. At 4 grams it's a little low than the normal 10 grams I usually dose at, but it is still a great dosage of them.

Next, I want to talk about what isn't in this. Artificial sweeteners. Why is this important? Well to me it is, I use to use the common products ridden with artificial sweeteners without regard. Started doing some research on what I was taken in and made the decision to switch to more natural ingredients. Now I'm not saying artificial sweeteners and flavors are going to murder you family, and eat your dog; however I am saying I think they are harder on our bodies than we realize. Once I made the switch to only using Stevia sweetened products, I noticed two things. One, I felt better and I didn't have the some of the stomach issues I had accepted as normal. Its not all good however, if I take in too much Stevia the stomach issue hit hard. From what I can tell my body can handle a higher amount of Stevia than I can sucralose or acesulfame potassium(I suggest doing your own research on this one, it does not seem like a safe ingredient to take in).

Transparent Lab put together a well rounded stim free preworkout, with ingredients for pump, focus and endurance. Looks amazing on paper, however we all know that just because it looks good, doesn't mean it performs good which I'll be getting into the effectiveness shortly.

- Taste -
Had both green apple, and blue raspberry and lets just say they're easily drinkable. Both are close in taste. Very tart, and have a subtle hint of the flavor involved. This does not matter much to me at all, as long as it is drinkable it's fine for me because I know the limitations of Stevia.

- Mixability -
Mixing this is easy. Much easier than you would think after you see the size of the scoop. Add one scoop to 10 ounces of water and a few shakes and it is mixed, with some fizzing action going on, but nothing major.

- Dosing -
30 servings total at one 23.44 grams per scoop. This isn't a two scooper either. Try that and your skin will be burning from all the Beta Alanine at 4 grams per scoop.

- Effectiveness -
The entire reason for me to get a stim free preworkout is for the versatility of it all. See, on Mondays I have Army PT at 6:00am. This isn't something you take a preworkout for, and after that I do some strength training but nothing serious. Later in the day around 7:00pm however I have crossfit, and this preworkout has been excellent for that. If it had caffeine I wouldn't be able to sleep at night and would probable have a heart in the middle of the WOD(A part of me dies every time I say WOD. But how about days I want caffeine with my preworkout you ask? Simple, I get caffeine pills. The best part about this is that I can then control the amount of caffeine I take preworkout. If I want 100mg, then I take that. If I want 300mg I take that. It's that great actually, I honestly think I will not be going back to a stimulated preworkout for a long time, if ever. My favorite combination is to take 2 of NooWave's The High Performer(Not recommending this, just something I tried and liked). I get intense focus and stims, and again can control how much. This reivew is on the stim free preworkout on its own though, so keep that in mind.

Pumps: 9.9/10
The pumps I get from this are incredible, and there are a few reasons why. One is that it has a hefty dose of L-Citrulline, and two is that it doesn't have stimulates. Caffeine actually constricts pumps, and when I take this without caffeine my arms blow up. Muscles pop out of places I didn't know existed. So much so, the pump I get from this is slightly addicting to the point I won't even take any stims with this for my Sunday morning workout because I know how excellent the pumps will be without stims. Pumps are amazing, enough said.

Endurance: 9.10
Again, I think this excelled in this area because of the lack of caffeine. With 4 grams of Beta Alanine my muscles last longer in workouts, and I do not burn out so easily on high rep work. And in my crossfit WODs(Ugh...) I noticed when I took this prior my times are better, and I do not feel as wore down after the workouts.

Stim Free Focus: 8.5/10
The focus is there. Not in your face screaming at you to stop being such a wuss and lift heavier, but it is there. Its smooth, and you won't even realize how zoned in you are because of how slowly in hits you. Roughly 30-40 minutes after taking this I'll notice a calming type focus, where my mind slows ever so slightly and my thoughts turn to lifting the heavy weight in front of me.

Overall this has been my favorite workout to date. Not because it pumps me up, or has me pulling 50 more pounds than normal(I miss you Jack3d...), but how I can use this pre in all sorts of occasions. I love having things that can be used in more than one situation, and this is one of them. My suggestion is if you want to get this, but want the ability of having stims sometimes, buy some caffeine pills with it. Or get their Lean or Bulk version.

- Value -
$50 for a preworkout? The horror! However in this case I will argue it is a solid price a little on the high side though. At $50 per 30 servings this put the price higher than most preworkouts. My argument is when you compare this to heavily dosed preworkouts like it, the price isn't so bad. NutraBio's stim free preworkout is sold at $38. $12 dollars less for the not so math incline people. A lot of the dosages are quite similar, however again I'll go back to the value one places on having their supplements naturally sweetened. I am completely fine with paying $50 for this, and I have already. And currently(3/18/2017) esupplements.com has these bogo 50% off plus a free shakers. A great deal if you ask me, as I have already taken advantage of it.

- Side Effects -

- Conclusion -
Buy it. If you're new to supplements and want a preworkout, get this. If you've been using supplements for years, get this. You won't be disappointed. If you value the naturalness and the versatility of products like I do, this will easily become a favorite. Love this product, and recommend it to everyone looking for a good pre.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great Pump
  • Great Endurance
  • Green Apple: 6/10

• Wis3guy
    TROOPer Level: 45
    March 18, 2017

great review. With how busy you are that is awesome. However, no threatening the family dog my man...... JK
    Great job, Ill have to try this stuff.

• kalans
    TROOPer Level: 70
    March 18, 2017

Hey horsty great review! I really enjoyed this product also, glad it worked well for you also! Thank you for the service and dedication for the ROTC.

• kaka
    TROOPer Level: 5
    March 18, 2017

Amazing review with great detail :)

• Vaughn
    TROOPer Level: 45
    March 18, 2017

Awesome review, thanks for your service

• horsty
    TROOPer Level: 57
    March 18, 2017

Hey thanks guys! I'm ROTC still, haven't commissioned so I have yet to do any real service outside of cadet land, but thanks for the support!

• Firefighter
    TROOPer Level: 14
    March 18, 2017

Seems like an interesting product.

• McGilla
    TROOPer Level: 38
    March 19, 2017

Indepth bro.

• MarsheS
    TROOPer Level: 29
    March 21, 2017

Negative vote simply because you mention you do "Crossfit WOD's"... XD!

lol joking, this is how a review should be, excellent written, lot of details and information about your experience throughout the 30 servings, amazing review, congratulations (not being sarcastic).

• elee229