Fade Out Reviews

By: Redcon1

Fade Out is a Nighttime Sleep Formula manufactured by Redcon1. It is designed to be used before bed time. It promotes restful sleep, increases REM sleep and helps the body attain an optimal state for muscle recovery and growth.

August 17, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Deeper Sleep
  • Excellent Profile
  • Fully Transparent
  • Minor Sleep Hangover
  • Groggy

Fade out by Redcon1, is a sleep aid formula that was quite effective. The only downside is it left me with a slight sleep hangover if I got under 7 hours sleep. Oddly, as opposed to other sleep aid supplements, I didn't have vivid dreams with this product.

First off, I would like to thank Redcon1 and SR.com for the opportunity to try Fade Out.

I dabbled with probably a dozen different sleep supplements in my life. Although sleep is important, in terms of hours, I have no problem falling asleep and sleep supplements are not a staple for me

Why I picked the product:
I have read a lot of positive reviews here on sr.com and seen positive feedback in general about their products on social media. Also, wanted to see how it compared to my favorite sleep aid from RCSS.

I am not going to get too detailed about the potential benefits of each ingredient, as many of the prior reviewers have provided that information in detail.

I will delve into some with my experience of some of the ingredients where applicable.

4-amino-3-phenylbutonic acid-1gram -aka Phenibut- I have had issues in the past with this ingredient, where as I woke up from sleep super dizzy with a past product that had a similar dosage. However, I had no such issues with Fade Out. I proceeded with caution initially at scoop and increased from there. Possibly the quality of the ingredient was better??

Mucuna Pruriens-1gram)-aka velvet bean- This is pretty standard in sleep aid products I have tried. I noticed similar effects, boost in libido, better feeling of wellbeing.

GABA-1 gram- Another ingredient that is pretty standard in sleep aids. This acts as a relaxer. I do not have issues falling alseep, so it was tough to gauge.

Arginine-HCL-1 gram-Increases blood vessel flow

Phenylalanine 750mg- Another relaxation ingredient usually found in sleep aids and some preworkouts.

Valerian Root-600mg- Known for calming effects. I have taken this as a stand alone ingredient in times of anxiety with success.

Ornithine HCL-500mg -this is suppose to pair well with Arginine

Theanine-500mg- seen more and more in prewrkouts to counter stimulants, has a relaxing effect

Several Minerals and Vitamins that can be found in bare bones sleep aid supplements like ZMA:
Magnesium 150mg
Vitamin C 100mg
Zinc 10mg
Vitamin B-6-6mg

Melatonin 5mg- Another popular stand alone sleep aid, which the body produces naturally. I have had issues in the past with this product, with similar dosages that resulted in me waking up groggy.
Vitamin E Acetate 10iu's

Clearly a ton of stuff in this product. All dosages are reasonable and at effective levels.

Taste: I received the Orange flavor, it wasn't bad. A slight tang, but ok tasting. Not something I would rant about or say was bad.

Mixability: Slight settling at the bottom of the glass, so I added some more water which alleviated the remaining particles.

Dosing: I started with scoop as my bas experience with Phenibut in the past and quickly moved to 1 scoop. I mixed it in about 6 ounces of water and took it 15-30 min prior to bed (as in head on pillow ready to sleep).

Great product with a ton of sleep inducing ingredients, which also gives you a deep sleep.

As an aging male, I always have to wake up to urinate at least once a night. Upon taking the product, I noticed this kept me asleep about 50% of the nights I had taken it. This is unheard of for me and no I didn't urinate in my bed the other 50% of the time.

I do not have issues falling alsleep, its more of a quality issue with me. With the product I woke up more rested. Although, I needed at least 7 hours of sleep or else I was a bit groggy on such mornings. In order to get the full 7 hours, I would go to bed earlier.

One odd thing to note, with the majority of other sleep aids, I always had very vivid dreams that I clearly remembered the next morning. I didn't have any vivid dreams and rarely remembered a dream.

As of this review, the cheapest I can find this product is currently at I'll pump you up for $26.95. That's decent for all the ingredients you are getting.

Side Effects

Slight grogginess with less than 7 hours sleep

Conclusion

A solid sleep aid supplement, that brings all the ingredients needed to fall asleep and provide a restful sleep. This product is on my radar to buy and I am looking forward to the experience again.
  • Orange: 6/10

Overall
Overall
9.5
  August 9, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Deeper Sleep
  • Excellent Profile
  • Fall Asleep Faster
  • Fully Transparent
  • Great Value
  • No Grogginess
  • Better Energy

This product delivers. I feel like "10" ratings should be reserved for the best supplement in each category and should rarely be awarded, but this product is about as close to perfect as it gets when it comes to sleep supplements. I absolutely enjoyed my experience with this product and highly recommend it.

Thank you to the TROOP Program and Redcon1 for giving me the opportunity to review Fade Out. Fade Out is a sleep supplement that is formulated to help elicit deeper sleep (meaning greater hormone production) and better recovery.

I find that sleep supplements are critical for my lifestyle. I work hard and play hard and need my 8 hours each night. It isn't always easy for me to get those 8 hours, whether it is because I have consumed too much stimulant too late or because I am stressed out from work. In the past I have used several different supplements to help with my sleep and have had varied results. I have used everything from your basic ZMA capsules to "comprehensive sleep powders." Some products put me to sleep but don't keep me asleep, some products don't put me to sleep but make me have a deep sleep, and some products put me to sleep/keep me asleep and then make me feel hungover in the morning. The point is, I had yet to find the perfect supplement for my sleep needs.

In classic Redcon1 fashion, Fade Out has a completely transparent and fully disclosed profile. This is not a basic profile with one or two active ingredients, but rather a complete profile with all the bells and whistles. I will go into detail below.

4-amino-3-phenylbutonic acid 1g: this is the scientific name for phenibut. Phenibut is fairly common to sleep supplements and it is a central nervous system depressant that is supposed to aid in treating insomnia and stress.

Mucana Pruriens Extract 1g: This ingredient is also known as Velvet Bean. I believe my first experience with this ingredient was long ago with the supplement powerfull. This ingredient contains L-dopa and may aid in decreasing cortisol levels, increasing testosterone, and decreasing prolactin.

GABA 1g: GABA is a neurotransmitter that regulates many of the actions in the brain that are associated with relaxation. It is supposed to help with mood, sleep, growth of lean mass, and anxiety. It appears to be unproven yet as to whether oral consumption of GABA is actually effective. It is supposed to be most beneficial when used in combination with Nitric Oxide Boosters (see below).

L Arginine HCL 1g: This amino acid helps your body with the production of nitric oxide, which in turn increases your body's ability to release growth hormone.

Phenylalanine 750mg: This amino acid is included because it may ultimately improve your body's ability to produce L-dopa. However, to be honest there isn't much supporting literature online suggesting that it has any true beneficial effect on its own.

Valerian Root 600mg: This ingredient is supposed to help combat insomnia and stress. It achieves this goal by acting as a sedative. Some research shows that it may help users fall asleep within 15-20 minutes of oral consumption.

L-ornithine hcl 500mg: This amino acid is supposed to aid in athletic performance. Research suggests that it is particularly effective when used in combination with L Arginine.

L-Theanine 500mg: This amino acid is most commonly used to treat anxiety.

Melatonin 5m: This is a very popular sleep supplement. Your body naturally secretes this hormone while you sleep at night, and supplementing with it is supposed to help individuals with insomnia fall asleep.

Overall I believe this sleep formula has everything you could possibly want. I suppose you could argue for the inclusion of ZMA, but I was fine without it.

I received the black currant flavor. It was surprisingly really enjoyable. It was fairly tart and had a bit of an earthy flavor that I really enjoyed. I am not 100% certain what it should have tasted like, but it reminded me somewhat of the dried asian prune candy that I enjoyed as a child.

I would use 1 scoop of Fade Out each night around 9:30pm, just before hopping in bed. I would mix it in about 8oz of cold water and stir it with a spoon until it was fully mixed. The mixibility was quite good. However, there were times when I would mix Fade Out well before I wanted to fall asleep so I would leave it sitting on my bedside table for an hour or so...when I did that, the supplement would settle at the bottom of my glass and needed to be stirred again. No biggie in my book.

This is where Fade Out really impressed me. As noted at the outset of this review, I believe "10" ratings should be rarely awarded. However, this was truly the best sleep supplement as far as effect goes.

First, the product put me to sleep. When I say it put me to sleep, I mean I was out cold within 20 minutes of taking it. It didn't matter if I was watching a movie that I was super interested in or trying to continue a text conversation, I was going to fall asleep and nothing was going to stop that from happening.

Second, this product kept me asleep. I rarely woke up throughout the night when I was using Fade Out. I even slept through a fire alarm once. My sleep was constant and deep. I had some funky dreams and loved it.

Third, this product never left me feeling groggy. Many other sleep supplements caused me to wake up feeling hungover or as if I didn't want to get out of bed. Fade Out somehow managed to allow me to wake up every morning around 6am feeling like a million bucks. I found that I had more energy as a result.

Fourth, Fade Out helped with my recovery. I wouldn't say it made me make any particular gains, but it did help me to wake up feeling less sore and more energized so I could tackle my work and exercise each day.

Overall, Fade Out was the perfect sleep supplement for me when it comes to effect. I have zero complaints and was overly impressed.

Honestly, the value is there as well. Yes, there are cheaper supplements to help you sleep but none of them are as comprehensive or as effective as this one. If you buy it direct, it is quite pricey at $49.99 for 30 servings. However, as always, Redcon1 typically has deals and specials that brings down the price. Furthermore, you can find Fade Out at online retailers for as low as $24.99. It is certainly worth the cost!!

Side Effects

Best sleep ever. Better energy. No hangover feelings.

May keep you from staying up for your favorite movie or the big game.

May cause you to fall asleep mid-text to females.

Conclusion

Fade Out is by far my favorite sleep supplement ever. I truly believe it is the best in its category and would serve others as well as it did me. If you want something to put you to sleep, keep you asleep, and leave you waking up feeling refreshed- look no further!
    • Black Currant: 9/10

June 21, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Deeper Sleep
    • Excellent Profile
    • Fall Asleep Faster
    • Fully Transparent
    • Great Value
    • No Grogginess
    • Better Recovery

Fade out was effective at even half a scoop. It worked quickly and it rarely left any sort of hangover.

Big thanks to start to Redcon1. I'm someone who often has trouble sleeping and is always hesitant to take sleep supplements because I rarely hit 8 hours a night and worry about sleeping to deeply to wake up if something goes bang in the night. But after my wife started giving me crap for "never" sleeping, Redcon1 released this to the troops and I had the opportunity to kill two birds with one stone: appease the old lady and try another product from one of my favorite companies.

A quick note on Redcon1's customer service first. When this arrived, the package had been crushed in the mail and then left in the rain for a couple days due to arriving while I was on vacation. I sent a note to the rep and a replacement arrived in like 3 days or so. To add a little context, about a month earlier I'd ordered some protein from MyProtein and the bag was somehow sliced open in the mail. It took MP about 21 days to replace that. To fanboy on them even more, they have hands down the best communication in the industry. You get emails at every step of the shipping progress, plus they care enough to follow up and ask for your feedback. I've also gotten texts from their local rep to notify me about deals happening. Altogether they just seem to have their S together better than most, if not any, other companies in the business.

4-amino-3-phenylbutonic acid (1g) - [AKA Phenibut] This is a key ingredient to Fade Out and also one to be very careful with. It can become dangerous when combined with benzos, barbituates, alcohol, or other depressants. Phenibut works by stimulating GABA receptors and enhances the effects of GABA itself.

Mucuna Pruriens (1g) - [AKA Velvet Bean] This ingredient contains high levels of L-Dopa, the precursor to dopamine. At higher doses it can actually aid in testosterone production and have an energizing effect, but my guess here at this dose is that it is meant for its ability to lower cortisol (stress hormone) levels.

GABA (1g) - GABA and Phenibut go hand and hand. Your body already contains GABA receptors that essentially make you sleep when activated, and phenibut serves as an agonist for GABA by binding to GABA receptors and acting as a catalyst of sorts for the depressant effects of the GABA itself.

Arginine-HCL (1g) - Arginine can help stimulate sleep by shutting off ammonia production in the body.

Phenylalanine (750mg) - Phenylalanine is converted to L-Tyrosine which is then converted to L-Dopa, again the precursor to Dopamine.

Valerian Root (600mg) - Another sedative and anti-anxiety ingredient

Ornithine HCL (500mg) - Like Arginine, this also helps in the reduction of ammonia being produced in the body. Ammonia is one of the biggest sleep disrupters.

Theanine (500mg) - Often seen in preworkouts, this is another ingredient that can also be used for its relaxing effects which is why it's often found in tandem with high amounts of caffeine.

Magnesium (150mg) - Without magnesium in your body you'd seize up into one big cramp. This will help your muscles relax and ultimately reduce muscle soreness and aid in providing deeper sleep.

Vitamin C (100mg) - This may not be an ingredient you think of when it comes to sleeping, but the big concern is really the lack of it rather than the benefit it has. People with low vitamin-c levels can have trouble falling into a deep relaxing sleep and supplementing the diet can change that, as well as reducing other symptoms of wakefulness like restless leg syndrome.

Zinc (10mg) - Studies have shown zinc to be an effective sleep regulator. It has been shown to increase the amount and the quality of sleep in both animals and humans.

Vitamin B-6 (6mg) - This can help regulate the body's levels of tryptophan, which can in turn lead to your body producing sleep-inducing melatonin

Melatonin (5mg) - This is probably the most commonly known natural sleep aid, and 5mg is a pretty big dose. I was worried about not waking up easily with this much melatonin.

Vitamin E Acetate (10iu) - Vitamin E might also help relieve restless leg syndrome.

Overall this is an incredibly well-rounded ingredient panel. Everything is very obvious in its intent and Redcon1 seemed to take the care to produce Fade Out in a way that would attack symptoms that would lead to restless sleep from multiple angles using ingredients that would hit your mind at different times and in different ways throughout the night.

Dosing: I really didn't need to take a full scoop of this for it to work. I'd usually take slightly less if I was about to get less sleep, and a full scoop if I knew I'd be able to get 8 hours.

Mixability: This had some settling occur each time, so expect to drink it while particles are suspended in the liquid.

Taste: Think... metamucil. I received the orange flavor and while it was by no means objectionable, it wasn't something I'd ever crave either. It covered up the taste of a bunch of ingredients that I assume must be yucky tasting, and I never had to plug my nose to get it down. It was just "fine".

I would have given this product a 10 if I had more experience with sleep products in general. I just can't imagine something working better than this. I didn't always use a full scoop and the only thing that seemed to impact would be how deeply I slept. Within 5 minutes of taking this I'd always feel sort of woozy, calm, and a bit lightheaded-- but not at all in an unpleasant way. I'd be completely relaxed and overall felt great. I wouldn't fall asleep the second my head hit the pillow, but I also didn't spend hours tossing and turning, or waking up throughout the night like I usually do.

One of the biggest perks for me was the fact that I could still wake up if I had to. A few nights I was woken up by my son, another night my wife woke me up because she thought she heard something, and each time I was able to wake up and inspect then go right back to sleep without issue. I could remember what I'd done in the middle of the night upon waking, and I didn't have any memory or time loss.

In the morning I almost never had any cobwebs. I often took this when I knew I'd only be getting 4-6 hours of sleep and still it was always better to wake up having taken it than having not taken it. Mind you, I was careful about not taking a full scoop if it was going to be less than 8 hours.

The cheapest I was able to find this was $25.99 at Muscle & Strength. For less than $1/serving this product is a steal. On the high end it's listed at $49.99. I would have a hard time justifying paying that price, personally.

Side Effects

Conclusion

If you want to fall asleep fast and stay asleep until you're ready to wake up, or wake up abruptly on command, then I'd say this is for you. If that doesn't apply to you, I think you're an alien or something and I don't know what to tell you. This is something I think anyone in need of a better night's rest should give a shot. Simple as that.

Thank you again to Redcon1 as always!
      • Orange: 6/10

November 23, 2017

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Deeper Sleep
      • Excellent Profile
      • Fall Asleep Faster
      • Fully Transparent
      • Great Value
      • Minor Sleep Hangover

Time for a Thanksgiving day review! 38 years old, been on active duty in the Army for over 18.5 years, and I lift 4-5 days a week with some light conditioning thrown in. I have been expanding my night time supplements from just ZMA to more enhanced formulas over the last year. Also, in the last month or so I have been doing a REDCON1 stack, so i decided to throw in Fade Out to see how it matches up. This is my fifth of nine reviews for the REDCON1 stack I have been taking. Lets see if this truly faded me out.

Another fully disclosed label, which is a standard for REDCON1, so always a plus there. Here we have 14 ingredients, so we will not go through them all, but I will point out the ones I thought were the most important.

4-amino-3-phenylbutonic acid (1g): Russian researchers discovered that by changing GABA into 4-Amino-3-Phenylbutyric Acid, it was able to cross more easily into the nervous system & across the blood-brain barrier. Since it is a GABA, an inhibitory neurotransmitter, derivative, Phenibut increases GABA levels. You will also see this called Phenibut.

Macuna Pruriens Extract (bean) (1g): Love this stuff!! The L-Dopa is what you want from the Velvet Bean. L-Dopa is used as a test booster, similar to Zinc, but it likely only increases test for those that are deficient. That is fine by me, since I do have low test, and always can feel the effects of L-Dopa. This is a small dose and I did not really experience the "well being" feeling (granted I was asleep), but still nice to have this as a supplement to any test booster I may be taking. The dosage here is right on point.

GABA (gamma-aminobutyric acid) (1g): This is a depressive neurotransmitter, that is used for stress relief and goes great with any NO increasing agents. Like a lot of ingredients out there more research needs to be conducted, but 3-5g of GABA is used for the purpose of enhancing growth hormone metabolism. Small dosage here, but really I believe this is here to relax you.

L-Arginine HCL (1g): Amino Acid that is important for Blood Flow and NO levels. Studies show this is unreliable in healthy adults and typically taken in the 3-6g dose. However, high doses can cause some GI issues, so I am glad to see it at 1g for a sleep aid ingredient. This likely creates synergy with GABA.

Phenylalanine (750mg): An Amino Acid whose role in people is not yet determined in humans as per webmd. The body does use this to make chemical messengers but currently no one knows how this works.

Valerian Root (600mg): When first studied, valerian was thought to have positive effects on sleep, which led to it being marketed as a natural sedative herb. Researchers postulated that valerian was able to enhance the signalling of a major sedative neurotransmitter, called gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA), to bring about its effects. Further human studies have found no quantifiable benefit to sleep. This means that despite many people reporting that they had a better night's sleep after supplementing valerian, scientists were unable to observe any specific improvements, like a reduction in how long it took someone to fall asleep or how an increase in their total time spent asleep. This does show promise in relieving anxiety though.

L-Ornithine HCL (500mg): According to Examine.com there is one study that shows Ornithine paired with Arginine noted improvements in lean mass and power output in weightlifters, however the study is old. GH increases here are similar to that of Arginine which provides limited results. This is a promising ingredient for reducing ammonia concentrations in the blood and thus enhancing performance of prolonged exercise (45 minutes or more).

Theanine (500mg): A relaxing and non-dietary amino acid known to promote relaxation without sedation. At standard doses it appears to be effective at this as well as reducing stress. 100-200mg is the standard dose here, so this is good to go!

Melatonin (5mg): If you did not know, melatonin is a hormone secreted in the brain that regulates sleep typically used as a sleep aid and is non-addictive. To me this dosage is about where I like melatonin to be, even my stand a lone melatonin pills are at 5mg for long flights overseas. This gives you some good restful sleep and not such a bad sleep hangover, you only get one if you do not sleep enough.

We also have Magnesium (150mg), Vitamin C (100mg), Zinc (10mg), Vitamin B-6 (6mg), and Vitamin E Acetate (10iu) to round this out. I actually really like this profile here, it is slightly similar to RCSS Resurrect P.M. but has different doses and ingredients to make it more unique. I compare the two because so far these two are the most effective sleep aids I have taken to date.

Taste: I got the Orange flavor. It was okay, like a very low key orange taste. The odd part was every time I finished the drink it would have a slight hint of tobacco type taste. I felt like a just had my mouth around a cigar each time, which I do not mind since I love cigars, but really threw me off for an orange flavored drink! So not great, not sweet, very drinkable. (5/10)

Mixability: It mixes fine, but just like every REDCON1 powder product I have tried it always leaves a weird residue at the bottom and is a bit grainy. No big deal as it does not cause any problems and washes out real easy, I just think its interesting that its consistent through all of their products.

Dosing: Easy enough here, 1 scoop 30 minutes prior to bed time. I would be out like a light 30-40 minutes on the dot after taking this, so my suggestion if you watch tv in bed like me take it, and get to bed, cause its gonna knock you out! The directions call you to take half a scoop 30 minutes to bed time with 4-6oz of water to assess your tolerance and then 1 scoop on an empty stomach. I tend to do 8oz of water, and was fine with 1 scoop.

Really, I take these sleep aids to get some restful sleep. I do not expect much in recovery or growth, but the added ingredients for that do not hurt. I took this right when I was ready for bed, and it truly did knock me out within 30 to 45 minutes. I would get plenty of restful sleep on this, and on days when I could sleep in I would log in 8 hours with no issue, which is great for me since I normally do around 6 hours on a good day. From the first dose until the last dose, this maintained its effectiveness and at no time did it wear off in strength. I only took this on nights where I would have a gym session in the morning, as to not build up a tolerance to the Phenibut. I would have a slight sleep hangover in the mornings due to the melatonin but it was never enough to keep me in bed. Granted this did not give me the urge to jump out of bed and get ready like Resurrect PM did, but it did its job in getting me rested up! The label claims to aid in recovery and its not a far fetched claim depending how you look at it. It would recover my energy levels due to the sleep, but with no BCAAs or anything in there it did not aid my recovery of DOMS. All in all this product lived up to the hype that I give REDCON1 products and did its job.

I picked this up from REDCON1 for $49.99 for 30 servings coming out to $1.67 a serving. This is pretty steep but with my total order I get 30% off for being Military which helps out a lot. As always, I find better deals than what I paid for and you can pick this up on Amazon fro $28.16 coming out to 94 cents a serving which is a pretty awesome deal. So my value score is based on best deal found versus what I paid and its effectiveness, so overall a great value here.

Side Effects

Minor sleep hangover if you get less than 8 hours of sleep, due to the Melatonin.

Conclusion

Looking for a new product to aid you in getting restful sleep at night, then Fade Out is right for you. I was very happy with my run of this, and am sorry to see that I ran out. Resurrect PM remains my #1 sleep aid so far, but Fade out comes in right at #2 for me. The dosing in the profile here is spot on, and it has some nice included ingredients that synergize well with each other. REDCON1 has hit a home-run on this one, and this will definitely fade you out!
      • Orange: 5/10

9.6
      9.4
        February 13, 2017

Pros:
       Cons:
      • No Grogginess
      • Great Value
      • Better Recovery
      • More Well Rested
      • Deeper Sleep
      • Fall Asleep Faster
      • No Dyes
      • Amazing Dosages
      • Addictive
      • Withdraws
      Introduction + Supplement Facts
      I typically start off a sleep aid review by commenting something along the lines "I am not a stranger to sleep aids.." To which this was very apparent later on! I contacted Redcon1 at launch, and as many have seen their product line is very large and have great formulations! I was lucky enough to given the opportunity to review this product, anyways this review is long overdue as the product lasted such a long time for me.

This label is even more of everything that you could even want in a sleep aid, if you can tolerate Phenubit! 1g of Phenubit which is a very high dosage for products in this category yet some do hit this mark, but while this ingredient is extremely effective sleep component due to the ability to cross the blood brain barrier and it is highly addictive (read below for more information). 1g Mucuna Pruriens is velvet bean extract, which is great at reducing stress. 1g GABA! a relaxant that is very potent and effective. 1g Arginine which helps with reducing stress as well, does increase vasodilation and helps aid in recovery. 750mg Phenylalanine which helps increase dopamine promoting more relaxation. 600mg Valerian Root and 500 mg Theanine both found in tea, and used for its calm relaxation effects. 5mg Melatonin which is a staple for me when I am not reviewing a sleep aid product, but it will make you fall to sleep more easily (most people at least). 150mg Magnesium Citrate which is part of the ZMA ingredients found here, yet it isn't fully dosed compared to other ZMA products yet those products don't have this profile! This profile is very well rounded for a sleep and recovery product, and the dosages are really amazing. 7.5g serving size with no dyes wraps this profile up (plus a few miscellaneous vitamins). For a more in depth ingredient break down check the link below from Mike at PricePlow: https://blog.priceplow.com/supplement-news/redcon1/fade-out

Taste + Mixability + Dosing
      I received Orange for the flavor, and at first I was not enjoying it by any means.. but it grew on me! I did enjoy it for the 2/3's of the container, while it had a sticky taste if you took a dry shot and it bit gritty when mixed in water. Mixability was good though, with little to no sediment. I started off at 3/4 serving measured out, but eventually went to 1/2 a serving which proved to be my sweet spot. I had taken this product about 3/7 days a week, as I was trying to cycle it enough to not have any side effects.

Effectiveness 9.6/10
      By far the most effective sleep aid I have ever taken! Working 12 hour shifts at a hospital can really wear you out along with your body, as time to time you will be 7-8 hours into a shift when you realize that you have yet to go to the restroom because you have been that busy! I know all my fellow nursing/medical workers can tell you all about that, and thus your body is put into a little more stress especially when you are on your feet all day. So nonetheless I have come home very worn out, but not always have I been able to fall asleep. There are many distractions that cause some of this, which can be using my phone or watching T.V. before bed. I have been working at developing better bed time habits in which I get rid of those devices or limit the use. I normally will take a 5mg Melatonin Sublingual Tab before bed, and in 20-30 minutes I start to get sleepy. I can fight this feeling and stay on my phone watching something, but eventually it can wear off if not asleep soon enough.

When I review a sleep aid I will discontinue the use of the Melatonin and take the sleep aid 30 minutes before bed. But once I started to realize I was starting to fall asleep within 15-20 minutes while using Fade Out, so I had to take it closer to bed time! I have had issues with Phenubit which I would have grogginess, but that was never the case with this product surprisingly. My guess is that this product is more pure, or those products had a lot of other crap not listed. For the greatest duration I was dosing it as 1/2 a serving, which gave me enough power to knock me out and allowing me to have the product last longer. I was also fearful that I would build up the Phenubit in my system as I had with Finaflex G8 and have a hangover for 2 days.. That never happened fortunately. At each time I took this product it would only be 3-4 times a week, and I normally would sleep for 6-8 hours but definitely could sleep longer. On my days off that I used Fade Out I would sleep closer to 9 hours which is plenty for me. I am so used to only sleeping 6-7 hours a night currently, and while using this product I would still sleep that amount of time but would wake up more refreshed. Ultimately this product was perfect in getting me to fall asleep faster, allowing me to stay asleep, waking up feeling very rested!

But be warned, this sleep aid is a strong one that you should really take slowly and with enough time to sleep! I felt more rested in the morning with the lower dosages, more recovered from working out and general fatigue, and noticed some leaning out with hardening of my physique which would indicate an increase in HGH production as studies show for some of these ingredients. I did have some hard times with this product, but keeping the usage and dosing to a lower amount made this the most potent sleep aid I have taken and would definitely keep it for those difficult nights where I can not fall asleep!

Side Effects
      Phenubit, it is a love and hate relationship for me.. And with this product it proved to be VERY addictive for me. At first and like most sleep aids I have reviewed, during the product I felt that it really wasn't addictive and there was a couple days after finishing the product at which I wouldn't sleep well.. But here I had partial insomnia when I didn't take this product, and not just after the completion but rather the days in between not taking it! Which would make me want to take it even more, thus giving a greater addiction. It took me a good week with no sleep aids including not Melatonin (wasn't necessary), which I had withdraws from it fairly bad. It was more difficult than any other product I had reviewed, and I was even using it at less than 1 serving most of the time.

Value 9.4/10
      This product comes in a 30 serving tub, and I was able to find it regularly priced at $35 on suppz.com or $38 on Lockout yet Priceplow did have a 5% off coupon code which brought down the price to $33.24. At any of these prices I feel the value is exceptional! For the price of $35 at 30 servings it costs $1.16 per serving, but if you take 1/2 a serving as I was doing it would bring the cost per serving down to $0.58! The ingredients and the dosages are worth every penny, and are greater than most sleep aids on the market.

Ratings (Just FYI)
      I always rate my products the best way I can, and in terms of the overall score I typically calculate it best on the total from Effectiveness + Value. However, in a case which a product has side effects such as this one I will reduce the overall score to compensate. I look at the Overall rating as being the Recommendation value, in which is greatly and typically only influenced as mention above yet as this case it was reduced as best I could determine.

Conclusion 9/10
      Wow, this product gives you a 1 hit knock out! I am really pleased and very impressed on how well this product worked, the value of the product is very great! The only issue with it was the side effects, which even at a lower dosage I still experienced. I can highly recommend this product to anyone having trouble sleeping, and if Melatonin alone isn't enough to get you sleeping. In addition I can recommend it for the better and improved sleep experienced, plus the fact that I did feel more recovered overall. Thank you Redcon1 and especially Aaron Singerman for allowing me the opputunity to review this product, and for it kicking my ass!

zzzzzzzzz....
      • Orange: 8/10

Overall
      Overall
      8.9
        February 13, 2017

Pros:
       Cons:
      • -deep Sleep
      • Stiff Joints

(About yourself, 1-3 sentences maximum)
      I have been using different sleep/recovery supplements for some time now. I tend to get quite stressed due to my job and non-stop home life with two young children. This is probably the 10th supplement I have taken, from single ingredients, to all in ones and I feel I can make a pretty good review based on that.

All of the ingredients in Fad Out help to put you out when your ready.
      From the solid dose of Gaba(1g), valerian root (600mg), to the included ZMA ingredients and the hefty dose of melatonin (5g), this supplement sets you up right away for a knockout type of experience.

The flavour I had was orange and I found it to be alright. It is pretty subtle and slightly fruity, I don't know if I would be able to say that it is an orange flavor, without knowing it. It is significantly better than other night time supplements I have tried like ressurect pm or Arnold dream, but not as good as Amino PM. All in all, I look forward to the taste, right before bed.

As a knockout supplement, I found it to be very effective. It is very good at calming me and taking me to the next step before sleep. I will say however, that if I am not already in the process of preparing for sleep, like doing dishes or finishing up some work, I doesn't really knock me out. I have to be in the bed-ready mindset for the knockout ability. It does however, give me a sustained, restful sleep every time I take it. Once I wake, about 7 hours later, I feel refreshed, without the grogginess of some other products. It does leave the joints pretty stiff, which I found to be quite normal for sleep supplements.

I paid about $35 for my tub, which seems to be on par with other supplements. For the effects, I would say that this is a good value.

Side Effects

Other than stiff joints, I haven't witnessed any side effects.

Conclusion

I think that Recdon1 did a pretty good job with this supplement. I find it quite effective, compared to other sleep formulas and no the taste is better than most. I am not very sensitive to melatonin and I would like to see a little more of that ingredient, something like in Magnum G Spring. But other than that, I would highly recommend this product.
      • Orange: 7/10