Metamucil Reviews

By: Meta Wellness

Metamucil is a Digestive Health Product manufactured by Meta Wellness. It helps the body to regulate and maintain a healthy digestive function state.

Overall
Overall
9.5
  January 8, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Softens Stool
  • May Not Get Over Side Affects
  • Limited Flavors
Hey Guys/Gals let's go ahead and get the "Geriatric, need a walker and a diaper" comments out of your system! Ok ready?!

If your having digestive problems you might want to look into this as that's one of its claims to fame. Suffering from less than regular trips to the bathroom and when it did happen it was like passing a Volkswagen, I thought some help was in order.

Added a picture of the full profile but it's main ingredient is Psyllium Husk. The husks from the seed of the Plantago Ovata plant. Naturally Gluten Free.

They encourage you to start off with 1 tsp. and move to two tsp. if needed.
The directions tell you add the proper amount of water, stir briskly and drink promptly. And they mean it. My first dose didn't go so well. This is not a "sipping" drink. After sitting in the cup for a couple of minutes I was left with a thick chunk of goo in the cup.
Now it did mix quite well. I used a Styrofoam cup or water bottle in most cases. There was a residue left on the inside of the water bottle that appeared to be some of the husks, but other than that mixed easily with a spoon.
I had the Orange Sugar Free kind and the taste was surprisingly good.

It touts 4in1 MultiHealth benefits:
*Less hungry.
*Healthy Blood Sugar levels
*Lower Cholesterol
*Promote Digestive Health
I was mainly going to deal with the Digestive issue. I started with 1 tsp. once in the morning but quickly moved up to the full 2 tsp three times a day until I started feeling some side effects, which I will get into later, and dropped back down to 2 tsp twice daily. Results were very positive.
More regularity which led to softer bowel movements.

Paid around $8.00 for the 72 tsp size. So that put my servings to about .22 each so for around 50 cents a day it is comparable value to other fiber supplements of this caliber.

Side Effects

Now, the label clearly tells new users they may feel changes in their bowel habits/ minor bloating as you increase your intake. The bloating was a big one for me. But reducing it by that one serving a day fixed that right up.
It says to take it 2 hours away from any medicines you may be taking, that with bulk-forming fibers like this may affect how they work.

Conclusion

Overall I think this was a great step and could be beneficial to a wide range of individuals with varied issues. Once I got over the stigma surrounding fiber intake and just wanted some relief it was very beneficial. So don't be afraid to give this type of product a chance, i'm sure glad I did.

• Gkeezy
    January 4, 2016

I feel you did not discuss much about the actual effectiveness of this product... you said you took it for digestive issues and the results were positive... that does not tell the reader much about the product.

• January 4, 2016

Bottom right hand by the UPC code. " to help and promote regularity".
    Under effectiveness I stated I achieved more regular bowel movements and softer stools.

• ODAAT365
    January 4, 2016

Problem with insoluble fiber like this is that if you take it all the time you become dependent on it. Which means if you stop taking it you're not going to crap. They of course do not tell you this because of course they want you to have to take it all the time so they make $$$. If you want to supplement fiber regularly you might want to look into a soluble fiber, which you will not become dependent on and is a lot gentler and better for every day use. I had a really good result with Finaflex Muscle Fiber. Check out my review.

• January 4, 2016

Sure will, ODAAT. Thanks!

• Admin_
    January 5, 2016

I agree with Gkeezy.

• January 5, 2016 - Last Edited: 2016-01-05 17:03:36

I will post this question to you to clarify:

"Bottom right hand by the UPC code, under digestive heath it says " to help and promote regularity".

Should I place it in another position or word differently? Thank you for taking the time to comment."

• January 6, 2016

Apparently there is a problem with the way I described it's effectiveness.
    I simply wrote the products claims, but then followed up that I was only using it for bowel movements and then went into detail on that.
    I was simply trying to give the product it's due as it can be used for other things. Just trying to follow the examples of many other reviews on here that I read have done, then specifically described the one that I tracked.