Halo Reviews

By: Redcon1

Growth Enhancers > Natural Anabolics
Halo is a Natural Anabolic product manufactured by Redcon1. It is designed to naturally help keep you in an anabolic state.
7.1

Overall
Overall
4.3
4.5
  December 22, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • No Side Effects
  • A Bit Expensive
  • Unsure If This Even Does Anything

38 years old and I lift 4 days a week. I was doing a large stack of REDCON1 products recently and this is my final review of that stack (9 of 9 products). I had never really heard of Laxogenin before, so was curious how HALO was going to play out for me. Of note, HALO stands for Highly Anabolic, LOw Estrogen, rather than High Altitude, Low Opening. Lets see if this helped my body to infil into some gains.

Well, this label is transparent as with all REDCON1 products but there is only one ingredient, 5-Alpha Hydroxy Laxogenin. Each pill nets you 100mg. I was not that familiar with this ingredient prior to taking HALO, so lets break down in detail the claims and what its all about in this section so we can compare as this review progresses.

Laxogenin is a plant steroid that shares similarities with Anavar (oxandrolone), but is natural and seems to be free of liver-toxic side effects. To clear this up right off the bat, NO this is not a prohormone or a steroid. The fact that it shares similar properties with an illegal steroid tends to give you skewed Google search results and Laxogenin a bad rap. There are limited to no real human studies on the true effectiveness here though. The most common benefits are an increase in strength and protein synthesis, but again reviews and studies are limited.

Overall, the dosage of 100mg Laxogenin per pill are nice, since that is the "sweet" spot in dosage. So nice inclusion here. A good breakdown can be found on Price Plow here: https://blog.priceplow.com/laxogenin

Taste/Mixability: Pill form so nothing to note here. The pills did not have a weird taste to them and were easy to swallow.

Dosing: The directions call to take 1 pill twice daily with meals. I took one for breakfast and one for dinner. However, the studies state that 100mg a day are sufficient, so you could always do 1 pill a day as you see fit.

So I finished HALO about 12 days ago, and really had a hard time writing this review. I wanted to give it enough time to see if there were any effects post HALO, and if I had any noticeable gains in strength and size due to HALO itself. Strength wise, I did hit a PR in my main lifts (deadlifts, OHP, Squat, Bench) while taking this, but I can chalk that up mostly due to the strength training program I was on rather than HALO. Since coming off of HALO I have had no drop off in strength whatsoever, so that can mean one of two things. One, I did gain strength thanks to the Laxogenin and maintained it, or two, this product did nothing for me in the strength dpeartment. Hard to say honestly.

Size wise, i did gain a couple of lean muscle pounds, and my muscles did get fuller. Again, since coming off of this, I have had no decrease in size, so I am thinking this was more due to my training than HALO. Unless of course my protein synthesis was in overdrive and I put on mass and then my body maintained it? Hard to say here too.

So, as you can see I really am unclear if HALO did anything for me at all. The studies for Laxogenin do state there are some absorption issues, and taking this transdermally is optimal instead of orally. I do not want to say that this product did nothing for me, since how could I really tell if my protein synthesis increased, and I did gain size and strength while taking this. But, since nothing has changed this product is either pure magic or does nothing. The only thing I noticed on this was muscle tightness, similar, but not as intense to what I would feel if I was on Armimistaine. Some people use Laxogenin as PCT due to it causing no joint soreness, so maybe this product is best suited post PH or steroid cycle instead of a stand alone. I am leaning towards this being a good support product for an anabolic run! Of note, I ran two bottles at the max dose of 200mg per day, totaling 8 weeks. The studies state this is a more long term boost, with 4-8 weeks being the sweet spot, but I really didn't notice much of a difference.

This runs for $64.99 per bottle (60 pills) which would last you a month if you followed the directions as I did which is pretty expensive. I picked up my bottles from DPS Nutrition for $58.49 a bottle which comes out to $1.95 a day for 2 pills a day. The value here increases depending on how you dose this of course. You can find this on Amazon right now for $41.90 which is not so bad, so there are deals to be had. However, being unclear if this product did anything for me or not hurts its value to me.

Side Effects

Conclusion

This was a tough review to write, since I have no clue if this did anything for me or not. I am thinking HALO is best suited as a PCT for a PH or Steroid run, of course I am not advocating the use of illegal steroids here. As a stand alone I would not run this again. I hate to not recommend this since I did see an increase in size and strength, but I simply cannot since I cannot say that HALO is the reason behind this. You are better off just running an AI or a PH to see gainz in a short period of time.

• JayT
    December 22, 2017

Tried laxogenin before. Wasn't impressed with it

• Darkman
    December 23, 2017

I agree with JayT. Laxogenin did nothing for me, even dosed at 400 mg. I'd recommend epiandro followed by arimistane. The muscle gains and fat loss are very noticeable and easy to maintain.

• DaSlaya
    December 23, 2017

Cool, well at least it wasn't just me then, it appears that Laxogenin is just one of those things that do not work well, though it has those amazing claims. What a shame!