(Better than 14% in Protein > Whey Protein)

PRICES
(2 lb) - [$26.23/lb]

Amazon
SUPERIOR WHEY is a Whey Protein Powder manufactured by International Protein. It is a dairy based protein that supports lean muscle gain by suppling additional protein to recovering muscles, which can also improve fat loss.

Protein > Whey Protein

Overall
Thanks to International Protein for sending it out!
  February 14, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Increase Recovery
  • Reduction Of DOMS

What is up guys? This is my third international Protein product that I have been fortunately able to review. I have enjoyed using their products in the past so I was naturally drawn to this product. I'd like to thank everyone at SR and International Protein for making this review possible!

1 scoop = 1 serving
160 calories
3g Carbs
2g Sugar
31g Protein
Also contains 5.7g of glutamine

Very simple label, but a very good label. 160 Calories isn't overly heavy and should be able to fit into anyone's macro's even if they are on a specific cut/bulk. Carbs and sugar are both relatively low so that's another thing that I like to see and you get a whopping 31g of protein per serving! The addition of extra glutamine is a huge plus as well. I'm constantly looking for additional ways to recover faster and I've found glutamine to help out my recovery a lot. Pretty impressed overall with the label.

Taste: I received the chocolate flavor and I have no complaints. I'm not really a big chocolate guy to begin with, however, the taste was not too chocolatey or overpowering. It was a very simple taste if you get what I'm saying.

Mixibility: Perfect mix everytime regardless of how many scoops you use (I recommend using 8 ounces of water and a blender bottle).

Dosage: I used 1-2 scoops post workout to take advantage of my anabolic window. I really enjoyed using this product and have no complaints.

Protein powder is always hard to really gauge effectiveness because you can't really feel the product working like you can with a stimulant for example. What i can do is describe my strength gains and my overall aesthetic gains for you while using this product. I am currently on a lean bulk (slightly in a caloric surplus) so I used this product to add extra protein to my diet immediately post workout. My strength increased a normal realistic amount over the 3-4 weeks (a handful of pounds on all major compound lifts) and I gotta give some credit to this supplement for helping me to rebuild my body after tearing it down. When I double scooped after some especially brutal workouts, i also felt that this product reduced my DOMs with the added glutamine benefits.

This part is brutal. You can get roughly 22 servings for $52.00. :( That is way more than I'm willing to spend on protein powder, otherwise, I would add this product to my stack.

Side Effects

Conclusion

GREAT product! BUT crappy price. I really wish they would bring their margins down so that this product was more accessible to a 'Gym Bros' wallet.

Overall
Overall
6.6
5.6
Thanks to International Protein for sending it out!
  January 16, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Reduction Of DOMS
  • Increase Recovery
What's up SR! Before I being, I would like to thank International Protein and the Trooper program for the opportunity to give Superior Whey an run. We all know how important having a clean and high quality protein is for recovery and muscle grow. Many of us try to use whole food as a source of our protein intake; however, it can get expensive or just tiring having to eat all day long. Protein shakes are out way to keep our intake of protein. Therefore, when Superior Whey came up, I wanted to give it a run, and coming from a new company, I wanted to see the quality.

As for the label of Superior Whey, very straight forward, nice amino profile; with only 160 Calories, 3 grams of carbs, 2 grams of sugar, and 31 grams of protein. In addition, there is over 5 grams of Glutamine, along with over 3 grams of L-Leucine.

Taste - Superior Whey is good tasting, I received the Chocolate flavor; not chemical taste or after taste.

Mix - on some occasions, if I mixed with just water, it would foam a little, I am sure that is from the Whey Peptides. When mixed with almond milk, the foaming was reduced.

Dosing - I used Superior Whey as a mid-day snack, due to the whey concentrate, which tends to digest a bit slower than whey peptides. There is only 22 servings in this so I would use it 3 times a week; especially on days where the night before I worked out.

Scooper - Based on what I have seen on other reviews for International Protein, some do not like it others are a bit on the fence. However, for me, I liked the scooper, since the products come in a bag; the scooper is designed to be able to get a full serving out of the bag. Try doing that with a traditional scooper, you will need to bend the bag or put it upside down to get the last drop out of the bag.

We know how hard it sometimes it can be to gauge the effectiveness of protein; especially when we are taking a ton of other supplements at the same time. I based my run on how Superior Whey reduced the DOMS from the prior night's workout. Considering the 5 grams of Glutamine in this, I had an idea how my body should react. I would say, I did benefit from a small reduction of DOMS, after about an hour after taking a serving, I could tell that whatever body part I worked out, the soreness was reduced. Now on leg workouts, I needed to increase my servings, as we know, a killer leg workout, will make you walk like a penguin from the DOMS. In addition, I noticed what I was not craving sugar and felt a little fuller when I would take my serving, usually mid-day.

Man, this is where Superior Whey is not superior when it comes to other comparable companies. Only getting 22 or 23 servings out of a bag, with a $53.00 price tag, it kills it for me.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Superior Whey is a great clean protein, which supports their claims; however, what makes it hard to justify buying this, is the sticker shock. In my opinion, if the cost can even be brought down to around $39.00, it will still be on the high end, but more appealing for someone looking for a clean source of protein. I would like to thank International Protein again for the opportunity.