Hydrolyzed Whey Protein Reviews

By: Muscle Feast

Protein > Whey Protein
Hydrolyzed Whey Protein is a Whey Protein Powder manufactured by Muscle Feast. It is a dairy based protein that supports lean muscle gain by suppling additional protein to recovering muscles, which can also improve fat loss.

Overall
Overall
  August 5, 2012

Pros:
 Cons:
Whats up SR?! We have many products to get to as far as reviews go, but I thought I'd review another one that is an essential part of our daily regimen, protein. And not just protein, we all know there's hundreds of choices of that, I'm talking about an actual QUALITY protein. I have some I will be reviewing back to back over the next couple weeks. This is a fairly long review for a protein supplement, but anything short wont do it justice. If you don't want details, STOP READING HERE and skip to the bottom of my review for the link. Here we go...

I have been supplementing protein for years, and no matter what, for me, the good proteins separated themselves from the bad ones rather quickly. How?? By not freakin digesting!! Let me tell you, these were few and far between. I then came across this brand, Muscle Feast. After speaking to the owner for a good amount of time, I chose to purchase their Hydrolyzed Whey Protein because for my needs and wants, that was the one I was hoping would deliver. The profile is, in my opinion, vast and top notch. So I will touch on what I feel are the main factors then provide a link at the bottom to the product for further reading.

PROFILE:
Calories-145
Carbohydrates-1gm
Sodium-49gm
Potassium-323mg
Protein-34gm
The amino acid is extensive, but in summary it has 7.8 grams of BCAA per serving(1 scoop)
and 5.8 grams of Glutamic Acid. One of the biggest things that stuck out to me with this Hydrolyzed protein was that it had a pretty high amount of Potassium per scoop compared to other proteins I have seen and used. After researching the hell out of this, I turned to another trusted member here on SR. His answer was very simple after reading it;

"If someone is using an electrolyte or ionized water process to do your Hydrolyzed atom process, you could end up with more build up of these two over the process life. Hence the difference. Typically you'll find Electrolyte build up in the more expensive and time consuming processes, so the Muscle Feast version is probably the "higher end" protein." That was good enough for me.

TASTE: N/A
I never consider taste a heavily determined factor when it comes to supplements personally, especially protein. I purchased the Unflavored on purpose because I wanted to get as raw as possible. But with this being a PURE Hydrolyzed protein, it tasted like it was suppose to not being mixed with anything, terrible. I mixed it with many different things, weight gainers, other lean shakes, and the one that stuck out, was Afterglow. Mixing it with that was by far my favorite because I could not taste its bitterness and I was getting a quality protein post workout instead of only that garbage ION Exchange they use in AG. If you aren't into mixing it with other stuff; fruit, straight water, milk, etc, get one of the flavored ones. I have no clue how they will taste, but remember, this is a pure hydrolysate. Its very hard to mask the bitter taste.

EFFECTIVENESS: Straight to the point, flawless. Absolutely zero digestion issues no matter how or what I drank it with. No bloating, no stomach pains, nothing. It was as if I was drinking water as far as that is concerned. No, not the flavor.

VALUE & CONCLUSION: For $54.99, I get an amount of 5 lbs. Or you can get the 2 lb version for $25.99, both a steal in my opinion for protein of this quality. For the quality and lack of fillers in the protein which I do not like, this is a great value. Along with a few other Muscle Feast products, this is constantly in my supply. I have gone through several and will continue to use it as long as they can make it for a reasonable price. It gets the highest marks from me as far as protein is concerned.

• MakMan
    August 5, 2012

Great review bro, I have been taking IsoFlex by All Max Nutrition for about 4 months now was looking for a Change. What Other proteins do you suggest?