Nitro-Tech Reviews

By: MuscleTech

Overall Score   How is this Calculated?

Only 5 Reviews - Waiting for more trustworthy reviews

Nitro-Tech is a Whey Protein Powder manufactured by MuscleTech. It is a dairy based protein that supports lean muscle gain by suppling additional protein to recovering muscles, which can also improve fat loss. This product has been reported as discontinued and replaced with Nitro-Tech Performance Series
COMPARE SIMILAR

OnAClearDay
  August 11, 2012

This stuff seems to be an alright whey protein, certainly not the best. I remember reading articles in MuscleMag right before this stuff came out. They claimed that this new stuff they had coming out (they wouldn't even tell you what the name of it was going to be yet) was going to be the whey protein to end all whey proteins. They claimed that this new stuff (the next generation of whey proteins was going to make all of the other whey proteins obsolete. And it was (and still is) very expensive. The reality is: it aint all that. It's just another mediocre, run of the mill whey protein, with a fancy label and a high price tag. I sometimes pick up a jug of this stuff when it is on clearance for around $20. That's all that it's really worth.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Alright Taste
  • Outrageous Claims
  • Poor Mixology
thatswild
  August 10, 2012

If I could use one word to describe this protein what would it be...CRAP. 100% CRAP. a) the product promises huge gains and you actually get nothing to write home about. b) My God was this the worst tasting stuff on the planet. Oh yes folks it is indeed that frickin bad. c) Can you say another expensive failed attempt by muscletech...i know i can. and d) this product gives you the EXTREMELY BAD GAS as well as the solid matter that comes along with it. If i remember correctly i was averaging 5 to 6 poops a day with this garbage. To make a long story short I would never recommend this protein (this goes for the old regular nitro tech as well cause it did the same things to me) to anyone not even an enemy of mine. Thats how bad this product REALLY is. If you want the best protein see BSN's Syntha-6, not just for the great taste but because its actually real protein that doesnt require loading on. Please nobody take this product.
    • Terrible
    • Didn't Work
    enix2000
      March 30, 2012

I'm new to body building and the Nitrotech is my first supplement I've bought from GNC and that will also be my last. The sales person told me that this is the most effective for post-workout and so I did and bought the 4lbs Oreo cookie taste. To my horror, it taste really bad. The first month I almost puke when I tried to finish it. I had to mix with soy milk or milk to neutralize the taste.

Aside from taste, it cost really expensive (typical GNC) and I'm from Malaysia, where spending power is really low. The 4lbs cost me MYR 374 and the VIP price was MYR 299. In Malaysia, MYR 374 can buy 2 Myofusion. Maybe because its from GNC I've got it overpriced but thats the first time so blame myself for not surveying much.

Effect was not really significant maybe because I only take it post workout and I workout almost everyday. I would say it is useless but comparing to my friends 100% Whey, this still lack.

Overall this product is all hype and near to useless beside its fancy container and overhype ads. I'm going for Hydrobuilder or Myofusion next. Definetely not in my choice anymore.
    • Already Half Empty When First Opened
    damianr
      October 6, 2010

Ive used Nitro-Tech for years.. theres something about using any product thats top of a food chain that makes you feel good.. Even if its doing nothing more than its competitors. Its just good for your well being to know you have the best.

Nitrotech always tasted good and mixed well to me, especially with milk. I Always felt strong and full as a boxer when I was on it.

But as Ive said on other products ive reviewed... a good product is one that makes you as a trainer consistent and the more you invest in that the better off you will be. I pay a lot for Nitro-Tech so I am true to my diet and my regime. Sell out comment perhaps, but one that has proved true to me.

Ive used a lot of protein from Metrx to Scimx to random store brand names... I dont think the actual product is very different at an amateur level, But somehow I have a better attitude towards my training when its a brand I associate with.

This might sound tacky.. but I dont mind trying to emulate the people endorsing this product somedays. Dont care if its Jay, Branch, Dexter or even Phil now... The moral boost is totally a good thing.

perhaps Ive got this very wrong. But Nitrotech is as good a protein as any on the market and what it lacks in value it seems to make up for in a motivational sense....

guitarboy447
    Rep: -3
      July 29, 2010

I've been trying many different supplements over the past six months. Don't waste your time/money with Nitro-Tech. I've heard great things from fellow lifters, but in all actuality (in my experience at least) it simply tastes bad. Put your funds towards Optimum Nutrition or GNC's higher grade protein (they're fairly comparable).