Home > Categories > Protein > Whey Protein > MuscleTech > Nitro-Tech

MuscleTech Nitro-Tech

Suspicious reviews discovered and deleted: Deleted several reviews from MuscleTech's "Field Test Team"

Nitro-Tech MuscleTech User Rating: (17 Reviews)

Review Authenticity: 70% (Ambiguous)

Compare Similar Products:

Users who liked this product also liked:

USN Muscle Fuel Anabolic Reviews
Muscle Fuel Anabolic (4 Reviews)
6.3
Optimum 100% Whey Reviews
100% Whey (374 Reviews)
9.2
Maximuscle Cyclone Reviews
Cyclone (1 Review)

Products in the same category:

Optimum Platinum Hydro Whey Reviews
Platinum Hydro Whey (98 Reviews)
9.1
GNC Wheybolic Extreme 60 Reviews
Wheybolic Extreme 60 (79 Reviews)

Related Forum Topics

Nitro-Tech progression
well, i am still takin nitro-tech hardcore. it is ok, I bought the vanilla kind ...

Get Involved!

Confused about Supplements?

FREE 7-Day Supplement Crash Course:

Description

Nitro-Tech Nutritional Info and Supplement Facts on: Links open in new window
Nitro-Tech Reviews:
Pros:
Cons:
  • Builds Muscle (11)
  • Alright Taste (1)
  • Too Expensive (14)
  • Tast Bad (8)
  • Already Half Empty When First Opened (4)
  • Outrageous Claims (3)

OnAClearDay

Age: 21

August 11, 2012
 This stuff seems to be an alright whey protein, certainly not the best. I remember reading articles in MuscleMag right before this stuff came out. They claimed that this new stuff they had coming out (they wouldn't even tell you what the name of it was going to be yet) was going to be the whey protein to end all whey proteins. They claimed that this new stuff (the next generation of whey proteins was going to make all of the other whey proteins obsolete. And it was (and still is) very expensive. The reality is: it aint all that. It's just another mediocre, run of the mill whey protein, with a fancy label and a high price tag. I sometimes pick up a jug of this stuff when it is on clearance for around $20. That's all that it's really worth.
Pros:
Cons:
  • Alright Taste

rubberguard

Reviews: 4

Age: 28

August 11, 2012
  Usually I don't mind taste, but boy this stuff is unbearable (don't try vanilla) be safe with chocolate if you want to try this. Alright I actually had good results with this product, but taking this any more then twice a day is out of the querstion cause I would just vomit it out. Got a little veiny with this which is cool. Expensive per pound which is a big downer, and I usually don't like MuscleTech as a brand at all compared to others. Still give it a go if you can handle taste, if you workout hard and have a good diet I imagine you can get pretty good results from this. I just couldn't keep going with this as a I need a protein shake I can look forward too as well as yield results.

bigbill1

Age: 22

thatswild

Age: 25

August 10, 2012
 If I could use one word to describe this protein what would it be...CRAP. 100% CRAP. a) the product promises huge gains and you actually get nothing to write home about. b) My God was this the worst tasting stuff on the planet. Oh yes folks it is indeed that frickin bad. c) Can you say another expensive failed attempt by muscletech...i know i can. and d) this product gives you the EXTREMELY BAD GAS as well as the solid matter that comes along with it. If i remember correctly i was averaging 5 to 6 poops a day with this garbage. To make a long story short I would never recommend this protein (this goes for the old regular nitro tech as well cause it did the same things to me) to anyone not even an enemy of mine. Thats how bad this product REALLY is. If you want the best protein see BSN's Syntha-6, not just for the great taste but because its actually real protein that doesnt require loading on. Please nobody take this product.
Pros:
Cons:
    • Terrible
    • Didn't Work
    March 30, 2012

Age: 22

March 30, 2012
     I'm new to body building and the Nitrotech is my first supplement I've bought from GNC and that will also be my last. The sales person told me that this is the most effective for post-workout and so I did and bought the 4lbs Oreo cookie taste. To my horror, it taste really bad. The first month I almost puke when I tried to finish it. I had to mix with soy milk or milk to neutralize the taste.

Aside from taste, it cost really expensive (typical GNC) and I'm from Malaysia, where spending power is really low. The 4lbs cost me MYR 374 and the VIP price was MYR 299. In Malaysia, MYR 374 can buy 2 Myofusion. Maybe because its from GNC I've got it overpriced but thats the first time so blame myself for not surveying much.

Effect was not really significant maybe because I only take it post workout and I workout almost everyday. I would say it is useless but comparing to my friends 100% Whey, this still lack.

Overall this product is all hype and near to useless beside its fancy container and overhype ads. I'm going for Hydrobuilder or Myofusion next. Definetely not in my choice anymore.
    kris65
    kris65

Joined: 4/2011
    Reviews: 35
    Reputation: +2376
    Looks like MuscleTech is a rip off across the globe, here in the US it too is overpriced. Dont waste any more money on MT.

Joined: 3/2012
    Reputation: +6
    Yes its kinda like the 'branded' brand. I've try the creatine as well and its awfully tasted and priced too.

August 30, 2011

Reviews: 9

Age: 35

August 30, 2011
     This one of the fee protein products that helped me gain muscle MASS BUT I had to take one and a half times the recommended dosage. It give me a bit of head-rush the first ten minutes I was taking it and made me a bit more aggressive than usual but this came handy at the gym! It is a bit expensive but is often on offer on many supplement websites and when is 50% off the Original price is worth it.
    • Head-rush
    • Aggressiveness
    Virtus
    Virtus

Joined: 2/2011
    Reviews: 15
    Reputation: +1570
    What ingredient in this product would cause a head-rush and aggressiveness in the gym?

Does it have stims or a tbooster?

Joined: 7/2011
    Reviews: 9
    Reputation: -20
    I believe it must be one of the blends Nitroxen, Insulogen and Enzyplex. I also read in some other reviews that it casuses some headaches when you start taking it. That is true but after 2-3 days the headaches go

August 12, 2011

Ant1

Age: 34

August 12, 2011
     When I first started using muscle building supplements this was the very first supplement I used. I was quite impressed by the packaging as it looked cool. After finishing my first tub I got mediocre results. I was on my second tub and I still got mediocre results plus my tummy was starting to bulge. A lot of people tell me that this stuff will surely jack up your bench press, well in my case my bench press did jack up but not up to a significant amount. The only reason why bench press Jacked up was due to my constant work out. The taste was absolutely horrible even with strawberry flavor although it wasn’t as bad as the chocolate flavor.
    There is only one thing I can say about Nitro-Tech, when I was using that stuff my tummy was getting bigger therefore I stopped. I switched to Optimum whey protein as my post workout supplement combined with no xplode as my pre work out supplement. So far the results have been absolutely great.
    In summary Nitro-Tech will build your muscles but there are other better and cheaper supplements that are out in the market as Nitro-Tech is too expensive.

October 26, 2010

Age: 20

October 26, 2010
     so i actually used this for 2 months was on BodyBuilding.com and there was a special for 3 bottles for $ 49.99 and thought it was a good deal and taste was ok vanilla kind of like ice cream builds muscle pretty good i went from 185 bench to 225 and 285 squat to 365 in 2 months was not stacking only that and a lot of food took it twice a day after i got off idk why but i felt like i got weaker just a little since its got some creatine idk but i didnt lose size overall its ok but it is MuscleTech a lot of hype sometimes
    SunnyDzero
    SunnyDzero

Joined: 7/2010
    Reviews: 1
    Reputation: +35
    in two months 185 to 225 is amazing for bench and 285 to 365 is more amazing for squat, what else were you supplementing with?

22inchpipes
    22inchpipes

Joined: 5/2009
    Reviews: 3
    Reputation: +992
    Powders are sold on weight, not volume. I'm sure the protein was all there.

I agree, those are some really great gains.

Reply #3:

Joined: 10/2010
    Reputation: +1
    nothin else besides that i think more creatine and fish oil but i mean really i was working out like 3 hours a day and everyday besides saturday and sunday

October 6, 2010

damianr

Reviews: 12

Age: 40

October 6, 2010
     Ive used Nitro-Tech for years.. theres something about using any product thats top of a food chain that makes you feel good.. Even if its doing nothing more than its competitors. Its just good for your well being to know you have the best.

Nitrotech always tasted good and mixed well to me, especially with milk. I Always felt strong and full as a boxer when I was on it.

But as Ive said on other products ive reviewed... a good product is one that makes you as a trainer consistent and the more you invest in that the better off you will be. I pay a lot for Nitro-Tech so I am true to my diet and my regime. Sell out comment perhaps, but one that has proved true to me.

Ive used a lot of protein from Metrx to Scimx to random store brand names... I dont think the actual product is very different at an amateur level, But somehow I have a better attitude towards my training when its a brand I associate with.

This might sound tacky.. but I dont mind trying to emulate the people endorsing this product somedays. Dont care if its Jay, Branch, Dexter or even Phil now... The moral boost is totally a good thing.

perhaps Ive got this very wrong. But Nitrotech is as good a protein as any on the market and what it lacks in value it seems to make up for in a motivational sense....

August 26, 2010

Hartman

Age: 16

August 26, 2010
     This stuff is just your basic protein powder. Don't listen to how good it claims to be. It tasted okay but when I opened up the container it was half empty.
    • Already Half Empty When First Opened

Have you used Nitro-Tech? Submit your own Review!