Nitro-Tech

By: MuscleTech

This stuff seems to be an alright whey protein, certainly not the best. I remember reading articles in MuscleMag right before this stuff came out. They claimed that this new stuff they had coming out (they wouldn't even tell you what the name of it was going to be yet) was going to be the whey protein to end all whey proteins. They claimed that this new stuff (the next generation of whey proteins was going to make all of the other whey proteins obsolete. And it was (and still is) very expensive. The reality is: it aint all that. It's just another mediocre, run of the mill whey protein, with a fancy label and a high price tag. I sometimes pick up a jug of this stuff when it is on clearance for around $20. That's all that it's really worth.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Alright Taste

If I could use one word to describe this protein what would it be...CRAP. 100% CRAP. a) the product promises huge gains and you actually get nothing to write home about. b) My God was this the worst tasting stuff on the planet. Oh yes folks it is indeed that frickin bad. c) Can you say another expensive failed attempt by muscletech...i know i can. and d) this product gives you the EXTREMELY BAD GAS as well as the solid matter that comes along with it. If i remember correctly i was averaging 5 to 6 poops a day with this garbage. To make a long story short I would never recommend this protein (this goes for the old regular nitro tech as well cause it did the same things to me) to anyone not even an enemy of mine. Thats how bad this product REALLY is. If you want the best protein see BSN's Syntha-6, not just for the great taste but because its actually real protein that doesnt require loading on. Please nobody take this product.
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • Terrible
    • Didn't Work
    • Tast Bad

Ive used Nitro-Tech for years.. theres something about using any product thats top of a food chain that makes you feel good.. Even if its doing nothing more than its competitors. Its just good for your well being to know you have the best.

Nitrotech always tasted good and mixed well to me, especially with milk. I Always felt strong and full as a boxer when I was on it.

But as Ive said on other products ive reviewed... a good product is one that makes you as a trainer consistent and the more you invest in that the better off you will be. I pay a lot for Nitro-Tech so I am true to my diet and my regime. Sell out comment perhaps, but one that has proved true to me.

Ive used a lot of protein from Metrx to Scimx to random store brand names... I dont think the actual product is very different at an amateur level, But somehow I have a better attitude towards my training when its a brand I associate with.

This might sound tacky.. but I dont mind trying to emulate the people endorsing this product somedays. Dont care if its Jay, Branch, Dexter or even Phil now... The moral boost is totally a good thing.

perhaps Ive got this very wrong. But Nitrotech is as good a protein as any on the market and what it lacks in value it seems to make up for in a motivational sense....

Cons:

I've been trying many different supplements over the past six months. Don't waste your time/money with Nitro-Tech. I've heard great things from fellow lifters, but in all actuality (in my experience at least) it simply tastes bad. Put your funds towards Optimum Nutrition or GNC's higher grade protein (they're fairly comparable).
        BAM
        (-10)

This is TERRIBLE!!!!! DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONNEY!! it does nothing it claims to and taste like ****. It builds no muscle and is just another (AMAZING) MuscleTech product. this is crap!
        • Tast Bad

Usually I don't mind taste, but boy this stuff is unbearable (don't try vanilla) be safe with chocolate if you want to try this. Alright I actually had good results with this product, but taking this any more then twice a day is out of the querstion cause I would just vomit it out. Got a little veiny with this which is cool. Expensive per pound which is a big downer, and I usually don't like MuscleTech as a brand at all compared to others. Still give it a go if you can handle taste, if you workout hard and have a good diet I imagine you can get pretty good results from this. I just couldn't keep going with this as a I need a protein shake I can look forward too as well as yield results.
         Cons:

so i actually used this for 2 months was on BodyBuilding.com and there was a special for 3 bottles for $ 49.99 and thought it was a good deal and taste was ok vanilla kind of like ice cream builds muscle pretty good i went from 185 bench to 225 and 285 squat to 365 in 2 months was not stacking only that and a lot of food took it twice a day after i got off idk why but i felt like i got weaker just a little since its got some creatine idk but i didnt lose size overall its ok but it is MuscleTech a lot of hype sometimes

• SunnyDzero
              October 26, 2010

In two months 185 to 225 is amazing for bench and 285 to 365 is more amazing for squat, what else were you supplementing with?
            • 22inchpipes
              October 26, 2010

Powders are sold on weight, not volume. I'm sure the protein was all there.

I agree, those are some really great gains.
            • kiko99
              October 26, 2010

Nothin else besides that i think more creatine and fish oil but i mean really i was working out like 3 hours a day and everyday besides saturday and sunday

Cons:

I'm new to body building and the Nitrotech is my first supplement I've bought from GNC and that will also be my last. The sales person told me that this is the most effective for post-workout and so I did and bought the 4lbs Oreo cookie taste. To my horror, it taste really bad. The first month I almost puke when I tried to finish it. I had to mix with soy milk or milk to neutralize the taste.

Aside from taste, it cost really expensive (typical GNC) and I'm from Malaysia, where spending power is really low. The 4lbs cost me MYR 374 and the VIP price was MYR 299. In Malaysia, MYR 374 can buy 2 Myofusion. Maybe because its from GNC I've got it overpriced but thats the first time so blame myself for not surveying much.

Effect was not really significant maybe because I only take it post workout and I workout almost everyday. I would say it is useless but comparing to my friends 100% Whey, this still lack.

Overall this product is all hype and near to useless beside its fancy container and overhype ads. I'm going for Hydrobuilder or Myofusion next. Definetely not in my choice anymore.

• kris65
                  March 30, 2012

Looks like MuscleTech is a rip off across the globe, here in the US it too is overpriced. Dont waste any more money on MT.
                • enix2000
                  March 30, 2012

Yes its kinda like the 'branded' brand. I've try the creatine as well and its awfully tasted and priced too.

When I first started using muscle building supplements this was the very first supplement I used. I was quite impressed by the packaging as it looked cool. After finishing my first tub I got mediocre results. I was on my second tub and I still got mediocre results plus my tummy was starting to bulge. A lot of people tell me that this stuff will surely jack up your bench press, well in my case my bench press did jack up but not up to a significant amount. The only reason why bench press Jacked up was due to my constant work out. The taste was absolutely horrible even with strawberry flavor although it wasn't as bad as the chocolate flavor.
                There is only one thing I can say about Nitro-Tech, when I was using that stuff my tummy was getting bigger therefore I stopped. I switched to Optimum whey protein as my post workout supplement combined with no xplode as my pre work out supplement. So far the results have been absolutely great.
                In summary Nitro-Tech will build your muscles but there are other better and cheaper supplements that are out in the market as Nitro-Tech is too expensive.

Cons:
                  Copyright © 2014 SupplementReviews.com. All rights reserved.