TRIUMPH Reviews

By: Legion Supplements

Health & Wellbeing > Multi-Vitamins
TRIUMPH is a Multi-Vitamin manufactured by Legion Supplements. It is designed to help provide the body with a wide array of micro nutrients that are vital for optimal health. It could be described as an 'insurance policy' to ensure that you're getting all of your vitamins and minerals but it is still crucial to eat a balanced diet.

July 25, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Sense Of Well-being
  • Slight Increase In Energy
  • Pretty Good Value
  • Some Decreased Fatigue
    - Introduction --
    Multivitamins are a great way to fill any gaps in your diet. With so many multi's on the market it is hard to decide which one if right for you. For myself I try to eat a well rounded and balance diet in order to provide myself with the nutrition I need. For those who are on fast food diets or lacking in nutrients, a multi will have more of a noticeable effect on them, however with myself who takes in a lot of greens, fruits, meats and vegetables the multi will not have quite as much of an effect(at least in my experience). With Legion's Triumph I did noticed some effects, and was quite impressed by their ingredients as well as how informative Legion's website is. Throughout my supplementation I was also taking a fish oil and as well as another one of Legion's products in Forge, which I take into account in this review.

- Ingredient Profile -
    Triumph is dosed pretty well in all the standard vitamins that you find in most multi's such as Vitamin A, B's, C, D etc. There is also solid dosages of Iodine and Selenium in this as well, which are both important minerals to take in. Iodine helping to regulate the thyroid gland, and Selenium as a key antioxidant. One of my favorite ingredients in this is the Aged Garlic Extract which is a powerful antioxidant that helps regulate blood flow and boost immune health. There is also a few other minerals and herbs that make this ingredient lists differ from other multivitamins on the market such as Fucoxanthin which aids in weight loss. Overall the uniqueness of the ingredients made this an interesting multivitamin which piqued my interest.

For a better breakdown of the ingredients as well as studies to prove their effectiveness checkout Legion's website here: https://legionathletics.com/products/supplements/triumph/#product-ingredients

- Dosing -
    8 pills daily sounds like a lot, however I simply split it up to 4 pills in the morning, and 4 in the afternoon. Not too bad.

- Effectiveness -
    For myself it has always been hard to gauge a multivitamin's effectiveness. Unlike a stimulant, a multi's effects will be subtle and build up slowly without even noticing it. Throughout the course of supplementing Triumph, I noticed that my energy seemed to be more consistent on a daily basis, as well as my sense of overall well being was improved, but other than that it is hard to judge just how much this effected me. My weight has stayed somewhat steady though I have leaned out somewhat, however that is from a combination of my diet and workouts. My joints improved, however that I attribute to my supplementation of fish oil, because the amount of cissus in this multi is somewhat low, even with the 40% Ketosteroids(Roids?) standardized extract. I did not get sick throughout my supplementation of this, but I do not get sick a lot normally so I cannot say much in regards to that. Most likely I was not deficient in too many vitamins due to my "well rounded diet" and those I was deficient in were brought up to par and helped to balance out my energy, improving my sense of well being. I would give this an 8/10 for results, being that I actually noticed them where with some multis I never seen or noticed a change.

- Value -
    $35 for a 30 day supply of a solid multivitamin is on the higher side, but it still holds its value by having some unique ingredients. 8/10

- Side Effects -

- Conclusion -
    Overall I would recommend this as a top level multivitamin to anyone looking to invest in one. Their website is quite informative and they back up all their ingredients with studies and breakdowns about what each ingredient does. Would highly recommend checking out legionathletics.com they have a lot of no bs information and alway back claims with studies instead of bro-science-ing the entire thing.

July 15, 2016

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Slight Increase In Energy
    • Pretty Good Value
    • Some Decreased Fatigue
    • Alertness
    • Very Low Vitamin A
    Introduction:

Thank you to the SR Troops program and the folks at Legion Supplements for the opportunity to try there multi-vitamin called Triumph. Multi-vitamins are meant to be taken in order to supplement your whole food intake of vitamins, minerals etc. Just by taking a multi-vitamin, doesn't mean you can indulge in a junk food diet and all will be well with your body.

Multi-vitamins are a staple for me on a daily basis, some I could feel and others I cannot feel, but hope they have an underlying benefit regardless.

Ingredient Profile and one head scratcher:

A nice ingredient profile, with your standard multi-vitamins and a head scratcher that was mentioned in a previous review, Vitamin A at 30% of the RDA? Maybe someone from the company can please help explain the reasoning behind that. I don't think I ever remember taking a multi with a vitamin A RDA of 30% if ever.

There's other herbs, extracts and enzymes that assist in joint health, mood, memory and an over all feeling of well being.

Taste:

There is not taste to the product, as it is in capsule form

Mixability:

No mixing here, as the product is in capsule form

Dosing:

8 capsules per serving daily

I followed the directions here, 4 capsules with breakfast and 4 with dinner. Very straightforward.

Effectiveness 7.5/10:

To date, in terms of multi-vitamins, I have been truly blown away by physical effectiveness by 3 that come to mind, deemed 1st tier vitamins to me.

Triumph comes in as a 2nd tier vitamin. The first 5-7 days, I felt no physical positive attributes to the product, the profile is nice and I hope there is an underlying benefit in this product.

In the 7-10 day range, through the end of the bottle, I can honestly say I felt more alert in the office, less fatigued and when I would get home, instead of eating and immediately crashing on the couch, I had the urge to go do something productive (say 3 days per week).

It's nice to actually feel a multi-vitamin working, as I felt with Triumph. The product didn't blow me away in terms of positive feeling effects, but just to have the above effects, speaks volumes.

Value 7.5/10:

As of this review, the cheapest this multi-vitamin can be found is via amazon for $29.99. That's a $1 per day, a reasonable price for a Multi with a nice profile.

Side Effects:

Just some neon green urine

Conclusion 7.5/10:

A decent multi-vitamin for me, based on my above experience. I did not find the 8 capsules to be bothersome and I have Triumph on my watch list for multi-vitamins going forward.

July 5, 2016

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Increased Immunity
    • Sense Of Well-being
    • Slight Increase In Energy
    • Vegetarian
    • Pretty Good Value
    • Eight Pills Can Be Annoying

This will be my third supplement reviewed of Legion's, this time I will be talking about their multivitamin. Throughout the duration of the bottle, I was running a strict keto diet six days a week with a high carb/low fat day once a week. When running keto, there could be a lot of gaps in your diet as far as some vitamins and minerals go because fruit is not really allowed on the diet and even some vegetables are to be eaten in moderation because they can contain a pretty high amount of sugar per serving. I wanted to have a multivitamin handy for the diet and this popped up at the perfect time.

This profile is not as comprehensive as other multivitamins on the market, but it does have a pretty nice profile that offers some extras along with the standard vitamins and minerals. A form of the four fat soluble vitamins are included (A, D, E, K). Vitamin A is only dosed at 30% of the daily value, which was kind of a problem with the keto diet since I was not really eating many orange fruit and vegetables and was not eating spinach every day. I am curious to know why Legion did not include at least a full 100% of vitamin A. Legion did not specify if the Vitamin D included was D2 or D3, but I assume it was D3 as that is the more common form of Vitamin D in supplements. There is Vitamin K1 and K2 which is nice because some multivitamins only contain one and some do not even contain Vitamin K. You have your water soluble vitamins (B complex and C) that are dosed high for the most part where the excess is flushed through a neon pee. Then you have a few more minerals that are pretty common in multivitamins that you should be able to view under the product label tab.

Also included herbs/extracts/antioxidants/etc. that can provide many benefits to one's health. There are ingredients contained in this multivitamin that can assist with heart, eye, joint, and brain health and have some ingredients that can reduce inflammation and anxiety. I liked that the capsules are made from hypromellose which comes from a plant source rather than using gelatin.

One serving size is eight capsules. Directions state to take four capsules two times daily with meals. I took mine with breakfast and dinner. The capsules are not too big in size and they are easy to get down. There is no taste to them and I did not notice any unpleasant burps while using them. One bottle will contain 30 servings.

I started the keto diet right around the same time as starting Triumph and I do not think my energy levels dropped off too badly as I have noticed in the past within the first few days of starting it. Normally the first few days one could notice extreme fatigue while consuming no carbs and actually experience flu-like symptoms. I did not think I went through the dreaded "induction flu" and I would like to believe that the multivitamin helped in some way in that regard. I did not get sick while using Triumph and that is usually always the best indicator of how a multivitamin performs. Although I rarely get sick--especially during the summer--with an unbalanced diet low in micronutrients, it was very possible for me to catch a cold or something of that nature and I am happy to report I did not experience any sickness.

I know there is a very small amount of Cissus Quadrangularis contained in Triumph, but I really think that my joints felt a bit better this past month. It could have been that it is a lot warmer out now that it is summer, but I did not notice really any knee discomfort. I am interested to see if anyone else noticed better joint health or if it was just a placebo for me.

Legion wants $34.95 for a bottle of Triumph. If you order on their website, you get free shipping (in the US) so you do not have to worry about any additional charges to the price. I recently reviewed Gaea's multivitamin which was a little cheaper (~$28), but I saw about a $6 shipping charge, so the prices are pretty similar. I know their profiles are not really comparable, but I do not think I felt much difference while using either the Triumph or Gaea multivitamin. Of course there are cheaper vitamins out there and vitamins that have more extravagant profiles, but I thought Legion did a nice job with this vitamin and is not too expensive for what you are getting. Also, if you are eating a complete diet, you may be able to get away with using a half serving a day to extend the bottle a bit. As I stated earlier I know I was not eating enough fruits and vegetables, so I did not even try to half the serving to see if I noticed any difference.

Side Effects

Standard neon pee.

Conclusion

All in all, I was pretty happy with Triumph. If there was one thing I would suggest on adding, it would be some sort of digestive enzyme complex. I really like the inclusion of a digestive enzyme complex in multivitamins to help with regularity and obviously digestion. Thank you Legion for the opportunity to try this out.