Ranks #2 (better than 99%)
In: Growth Enhancers > Natural Testosterone Boosters

Magnitropin is a Natural Testosterone Booster manufactured by Myokem. It helps optimize your natural testosterone levels, which helps encourage muscle growth and fat loss.
ARTICLES

Overall
Overall
9.3
  February 28, 2015

• Increased Appetite
  • Increased Lean Mass W Little BF (if Any)
I'm going to start this with a HUGE thanks and shout out to Clipper and everyone at Myokem for giving me the awesome opportunity to log what I had been desiring to log in their product, Magnitropin, a natural testosterone booster and myostatin inhibitor that leads to a fantastic lean mass gaining product. This review will explain why I absolutely was enamored with this supplement.

If you're interested in my daily experiences with Magnitropin, please read through my log here: http://supplementreviews.com/forum/index.php?topic=31274.0 (and I really recommend you do to see what my diet was like other details).

I usually breakdown the ingredients and what they do, but I'm going to skip that since my buddies BoSox and WarMachine did such a great job already.

MagnitropinTM Proprietary Matrix 2.166g
Not a fan of proprietary blends, but I give Myokem a pass for this one simply because I can't argue with the results and have nothing else out there in the supplement world to compare the ingredients and dosages to. If/when this changes, I hope for them to eventually change this and divulge the dosages.

Black pepper extract (std. min. 95% Piperine) (fruit)

The capsules are easy to down, but did cause heartburn if taken too close to a workout. I had great results dosing this at about 30 minutes before my workout. The directions say to take 3 capsules with breakfast and 3 capsules with your preworkout meal. My only assumption for the directions saying to specifically take it with a preworkout meal are to make the pills easier on the stomach as well as max out any testosterone boosting effects that a meal may bring about. Does it specifically need to be a whole foods meal? Nah. I was fine just simply drinking some protein.

The directions do say not to take this product more than 6 days in a row, but I couldn't figure out any explanation as to why. Are you going to have negative effects if you decide to take this more than 6 days in a row? Nah. I have actually contacted Myoken regarding this. I'll post their response when I get it.

On days I worked out first thing in the morning, I took a dose prior to my workout with a protein shake, maybe some starch if I could fit it in, and took another dose with my post-workout meal.

My weight went from 162.5 lbs the day I started this product to a steady 168 lbs the day of, and a couple of days after stopped taking the product with no noticeable fat gain. Before and After pics are in the log I posted at the top.

I eat a very clean, primal diet (paleo + cheeses and tubers) and never had a cheat day. Again, you can find more details in my log about this, but it's very difficult to overeat on this type of diet and gains tend to be slow, but lean when they do happen. I eat when I'm hungry and no more; this tends to be around 2500 calories a day, give or take depending on the intensity of my workouts and how often I'm working out. As much as the snowpocalypse here in Boston got to me, I still worked out 4-6 days a week for about 2 hours a day and not really resting much between sets (a minute at most - it's just my style).

My hunger was off the charts with Mag. I actually got sick of eating because of the endless hunger. I was eating around 3500+ calories a day and had to stop myself from eating! This all on pounds of meat, slow starches, and sooo many veggies. It seriously was insane.

- The strength gains on this were fantastic.

- Recovery I've never had a problem with so I can't comment on that.

- Endurance was NOTICEABLY improved when taken prior to a workout. I'd usually be drained after a about an hour and a half into my workout an just struggling to finish my routine, or doing it sluggishly, but with Mag, I KILLED it for the entire 2 hours and still had energy for more.

------------------------------------------------------------------

You may have had the question, how is this compared to a test booster like D-Aspartic Acid? Well, there's no comparison. The -(-)Epicatechin (mainly) in this product really helps you put on the lean mass whereas D-Aspartic Acid simply boosts your tests and anything that happens with that is secondary to increased levels of testosterone, and that can vary from person to person. On D-Aspartic Acid, my mood and energy are better/great, but not much more than that. With Magnitropin, it's MUCH more than that.

- 8/10
Honestly, the value was very difficult to gauge. You can get this online for as low as $49.99 for a month's supply at some places, but at that price, I could start thinking about a SARM. I've never taken a SARM, and that makes it difficult for me to compare one to this considering they're in the same price range. Other than a SARM, Magnitropin is in a league of its own and really says what its supposed to do and surpassed my expectations. If it was a bit lower at $39.99, I think it's a no-brainer.

Side Effects

Heartburn when taken closer than 30 minutes prior to a workout, but that's it.

Conclusion

Magnitropin far exceeded my expectations. Without the intention to really "bulk," I gained a crazy amount of weight in lean mass in a very short amount of time (shorter than I've ever done) while not changing my diet and only increasing the intake of my foods due to the insane hunger I had. The only thing that hurts Mag's rating is its price. I still, however, highly recommend Magnitropin. Myokem struck gold with this beast in a bottle.

Advertisement:
Members don't see ads: Join SR for Free

9.3
Thanks to Myokem for sending it out!
  February 25, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Mostly Lives Up To Claims
  • Increased Libido
  • Body Comp Gainz
With all the thorough reviews explaining what this product is and the ingredients in it I’m going to forgo that keep this review short and straight to the point. But before we dive into the review lets go over what Myokem claims this product will do for us. According to the bottle, this product is a high performance myotropic agent resulting in lean muscle mass and strength. They go on to explain that this product is designed for those seeking to accelerate muscle gains and strength.

So there’s nothing outta the norm here in regards to products like these but the question remains, did Manitropin live up to as promised. I ran this product for a little over a month and I will tie these claims into my effectiveness section.

Effectiveness: 9.0
Increased appetite: I will admit 2 things here. #1 This product made me really hungry. Really REALLY hungry! I mean all the time…ALL THE TIME! I will also admit that my diet had been slacking ever since the holiday season. Maybe I’ve been consuming too many simple carbohydrates. Maybe I stopped worrying about portion size as much. Maybe I was tryna put on a little size so I justified it by saying that’s okay. Whatever I gotta tell myself to feel better about becoming a fat slob right, lol? All jokes aside, even though you really can’t out train a poor diet I still trained hard as hell while supplementing with this.

Increased lean muscle mass: Despite not being able to out train poor diet I must have been doing something right and I’ll give props to Magnitropin because I was consistently getting complimented on how I was looking good, or how I was looking huge, or how big my biceps were. People were even asking me what I was taking. No lie; I know you hear this same stuff for other products by people who might have gotten paid off or promised whatever but I’m not getting paid for this and I’m not gonna Bull**** you guys either. But to make things worse, these compliments all came from guys. Yeesh!
Nah it wasn’t that bad. Even though I would have loved for some of these compliments to come from the opposite sex, these came from my fellow lifters, which, if I had to choose would be the 2nd best thing. I did notice that physique looked more muscular, so I plan on running this again (with a stricter diet) hopefully when the price drops, which is another issue on its own.

Increased Strength: I felt this product also increased my strength but I can’t give all the credit to this product. In my Noxipro review I talked about taking my infamous deload week because I felt I was going too hard for too long and needed a break. I spoke about feeling refreshed afterwards and there were countless days I told my workout partner, “Man I’m feeling strong today.” I didn’t break any major PR’s but I did feel like a bad motha (shut yo mouth) and I will give credit to this product. I will also give props to my pwo at the time and my deloading as its only fair. If I had to put it into terms, I’m close to par with the strength I had in 2013 and getting closer to my 395lb bench press PR I had before I tore my pectoral muscle that same year training for Arena League when I was offered a contract and training to break 400 on bench which led to a torn pectoral muscle and 2yrs of sucking on bench and dumbbell bench.

Increased exercise performance: Which leads me to this point; I didn’t break any major PR’s but I still broke some and it was mainly due to my increased performance or increased endurance. The PR’s I broke may have been by 5-10lbs but I was bustin out a lot more reps than I normally would have.

Increased libido: Man oh Man! Nuff Said.

Overall Effectiveness: Part of me wants to say I never really felt that umph from this and you’re probably wondering with the strength gains and PR’s how canyou say that?! It’s weird and if I had I would compare this to the silent yet deadly type. I never really got that alpha male feeling but deep down (and like I stated above) I felt like a bad motha in the gym sometimes. I couldn’t really tell when this stuff kicked in… but like I also stated earlier there were just some days I felt really strong and my libido was thru the roof. This may not have been in your face like other anabolics but my results don’t lie. Overall I’d give this a 9.3

Dosing: I followed the directions and took 3 capsules 2x daily for six consecutive days except for off days when I just took 3caps which extended my bottle life a little over a month.

Value: This stuff runs around the $48.99 – $55.00 range. That’s pretty expensive in my book and even though I did get good, a slow steady result (which is what you want at the end of the day) I feel like I could have easily attained this thru stricter diet along with my training. I would also attribute my strength gains to busting my ass over 2yrs and working my way back to a somewhat respectable bench but there is something about this product. That is why we buy supplements, to speed up the process and that Magitropin did. So $55 and good results I’ll be fair and give it a 7.0

Overall I will say that Myokem produced another superb and consistent product. Like I said, the results were slow and steady, and despite not being able to tell when this fully kicked in, when I was dialed in I was in. I’d like to see the price dropped and price was what drove the overall score on this down but I suppose in this case you get what you pay for. If you can afford this I definitely suggest you give this product a try.

Advertisement:
Members don't see ads: Join SR for Free

February 13, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Mostly Lives Up To Claims
  • Potent Extracts
  • Promising Science
  • May Be Ineffective For Younger Users

First off I want to thank Clipper83 and the Myokem team for giving me the chance to log/review Magnitropin. The past 4 weeks I ran this while in the middle of my Mountain Dog training program. My goal during the duration of using Magnitropin was to gain as much good weight and strength as I could.

Myokem claims:

MAGNITROPIN: THE LEGENDARY, GOLD STANDARD MYOTROPIC AGENT

So let’s recap what Magnitropin is going to do for you:

Increase appetite

Cistanche deserticola extract (20:) **
Gentiana lutea extract (10:1) **
(-)-Epicatechin **
Black pepper extract (std. min. 95% Piperine) (fruit) **

Very easy to use, 3 small capsules twice daily.

Training Days: Take 3 capsules, twice daily with food. For best results, take 3 capsules with breakfast and 3 capsules with pre-workout meal.

Non-Training Days: Take 3 capsules twice daily with food. Use for six (6) days consecutively, then one (1) day off.

From day 1 after taking my first dose, I was saying FEED ME MORE. I don't think I spent this most amount of money just on food in a 4 weeks while using Magnitropin unlike other products. During the duration of using Magnitropin I gained right around 6lbs just in 4 weeks! I've used many test boosters in the past and this ranks right up there with the ones I've used. My muscles were fuller and workouts seemed harder with the weight increases but recovery was much better than usual.

Right now you can find Magnitropin for right around $49.95 a bottle. Using 3 capsules twice daily as recommended this would equate to around $2 and change a day. This is a good chunk of change for a test-booster but if you have a hard time gaining weight this product is definitely for you. Would I buy this product again? Heck yea I will!!!

Side Effects

The biggest side effect was weight gain and the amount of food I ate on a daily basis. I was eating 5-7 meals on a daily basis and was still hungry all the time. However unlike other natty-boosters I didn't get any acne or joint stiffness. I didn't feel a big increase in libido with this product but noticed amazing gains.

Conclusion

This is one of the few brands in the market I trust and definitely feel this is a solid product. As I was researching the ingredients this has proven ingredients as I searched on NCBI. As I said above this will become a staple in my bulking program as it has proven to give me 6lbs in 4 months. The only knock I have on it is value but everything else is pretty spot on.

November 8, 2014

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Mostly Lives Up To Claims
  • No Side Effects
  • Body Comp Gainz
  • Strength Gainz
  • Great Pumps
  • Great Endurance
  • 24 Days Of Use
  • 6 Pills A Day
Hello ladies and gents of SR. Up for review today is Myokem's new "myostatin inhibitor" Magnitropin. I put that in quotations because this is what catches everyone's attention, but it really is much more than that. A big thanks goes out to Team Myokem for letting us give this a go. Let's do it.

PROFILE-9

Serving Size-3 pills
Servings Per Conainter-48

Magnitropin Proprietary Matrix-2.166g
Paederia foetida extract 20:1
Cistanche deserticola extract 20:1
Gentiana lutea extract 10:1
Epicatechin
Black pepper extract(95% piperine)

So yeah, not a lot of familiarity here with the ingredients. Myokem seems to be innovative and not just throw the same ingredients as everyone else in their products. With how they worked together, you will most likely become more familiar with them in the future.

Check out myokem.com/magnitropin for an explanation or you can check out some of the previously written reviews as they go into great depth.

DOSING-7
3 pills twice a day with food. On training days I took with breakfast and preworkout meal as the bottle suggested. On non training days it was with breakfast and dinner. It's not that it's hard to to that for most, but it could be much easier. Pills were easy to consume. No issues.

EFFECTIVENESS-9
Claims to increase appetite, increase exercise performance, reduce myostatin, increase muscle growth, and increase libido.

Appetite- Not much of a difference to be honest. I didnt eat any more than I usually do but did feel slightly more hungry. I didn't gain any weight, but was not trying to.

Performance- I set PRs throught the run so the strength gains were consistent. My training consists of the big three(squat, bench, deadlift) with supplementary and accessory movements afterwards. A lot of times I will be dead towards the end but I felt like I could get in some solid work throughout the entire workout and even have the energy to be able to stay after and do my mobilization that is tough to do sometimes.

Body Composition/Pump- I will honestly tell you that I have never looked as good in the mirror as I did during this run. I would feel loose, lean, and hard with very good vascularity during my workout. I did also look more lean at any given time of day, even in the morning when Im just waking up. As I mentioned above I didnt gain or lose any weight but yet I made some great progress in body comp. It also provided a great pump with the preworkout dose every time, even with lower volume training.

Libido- Not much of a change really. Maybe if I a little older I would see it, but at 27 it didn't do much for me. This was the least of my worries going into the run, and is what I believe not a top priority for most users.

SIDE EFFECTS-10
No side effects

VALUE-8
You can find it for 50 bucks pretty easily. This is more than the average you would pay for a natural test booster of around 30 bucks but I found this more effective and overall enjoyable than any test booster. Another thing that brings the value down is the fact you only get 24 days of use. It is definitely expensive and will vary person to person on if they can afford it or not.

OVERALL-9
As I keep saying, I was very impressed and enjoyed the entire run. I love the innovation that Myokem continues to bring. They really do seem concerned with bringing the best quality and letting the results speak for themselves. We've all seen the myostatin inhibitor pictures of dogs and cows and have wondered how this would really work. While those things are not necessarily what you can expect, Magnitropin is a start at least lol.

October 26, 2014

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Mostly Lives Up To Claims
  • Potent Extracts
  • Promising Science
  • May Be Ineffective For Younger Users
Hello members, up for review today is Myokem's Magnitropin. Thanks to the reps for supplying some ERs this natural anabolic supplement. Myokem is a relative new comer to the industry and has been making some great products. Also two of SRs own are reps, the hulk and clipper. Got to send out the love for the SR reps.

Ingredients 9.0: Now quite honestly I have very little experience with the below ingredients. In speaking with Ken and Clipper it appears that some of these ingredients are used in the medical field to support muscle growth for muscular dystrophy and similar type of aliments. In my research it appears that the ratio of the extracts are very effectively dosed, compared to other comparable products.
Gentiana lutea extract (10:1)

Dosing: 3 caps in the AM and 3 caps in the PM. This is how I ran it. Some people ran it a bit differently, but this timing seemed to suit me as I work out in the late morning. So I took the first dose with breakfast and the 2nd dose in the late afternoon. Sometimes I missed my 2nd dose, which didn't appear to detract from any gains!

Effectiveness 9.5: In evaluating the effectiveness of this natural anabolic I would like to compare it with other similar products that claim similar types of results. Overall, this product really shined, but it took about 2.5 weeks to really kick in. I did not notice a significant increase in appetite, however I have been hovering around 3500 calories. I did not increase any of my macros during the duration of this run and the only other supplements I was taking was Creapure and BCAAs.

All of my main lifts increased during this run and I had recently plateaued for the past 2-3 months with most my lifts. Most notably, my bench hit 315 and my deadlift went to 485.

Additionally, I felt like I had a slight pump the entire day and my muscles were fuller throughout the duration of the run. After the bottle was empty, I did not regress with anything and kept all gains!

This product really outperformed DAA and other similar natural anabolics you all know well.

Taste N/A

Value 9.0: At $55 plus shipping, it is priced at market price for 28 servings. Prices for natural anabolics have a wide range (DAA very cheap, and designer items over $100). This is well worth the 55 bucks.

Conclusion 9.0: This is a great product and really a superior natural anabolic. Simple dosing, fairly priced and great gains for those who are tired of limited results with DAA. Check it out!

October 16, 2014

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Mostly Lives Up To Claims
  • Promising Science
  • Increased Appetite
  • Increased Appeetite
This is my second review of the Myokem bundle I purchased. I ran two bottles of Magnitropin during an 8 week (dirty) bulk where I was trying to gain muscle mass, size, and strength. Very little cardio, excess calories. I was very excited to try this product as I am enjoying some of the better companies coming out with new products that include ingredients backed by science and show promising results. This being a new natural anabolic/test booster, I can compare it to some products I have used in the past such as Ana beta, Ana beta Elite, and to a certain extent Secret a Bridge. Let's see how Magnitropin stacks up against the competition:

Claims: test boosting, endurance, strength, mass, and appetite

Ingredients: 9 - Am I a medical researcher with a PHd in chemistry or biology? No...but this is a trusted company by many with a focus on ingredients back by science. This includes some natty test boosters, an appetite enhancer, and a myostatin inhibitor. So props to a product having science backed ingredients and trying new things.

Dosing: 9 - Three pills, twice a day, with food. Pretty easy, I took the first serving with lunch so it was closer to my workout and second serving with post workout meal.

Taste: N/A, pills, but no nasty burps.

Results/Effectiveness: 8 - This is really what matters right? Does it do what it claims? What does it absolutely do for sure? Increase appetite. I didn't become starving all the sudden or anything, but when I ate, I ate a ton. Took a lot more to get that full feeling. This is why I put appetite in the pro and con section. Food, calories, protein = muscle. Awesome. I, however, have no problem eating. It caused me to have less self control as I ate more and put on some unwanted mass as well. Mostly my fault and not the product? Yes...but still. The other claims I felt were dead on were strength and muscle mass. At the end of this bulk I was the strongest I have ever been on several lifts. My muscles also were thicker and more dense. I had several comments on how much thicker and more full my back was. As far as increased test boosting, my gut says yes but how much I don't know. When I compare it to Ana beta, ABE, and Secret a bridge, I believe the increase in muscle mass was more. When I took ABE and Secret a Bridge I developed minor acne, which I hardly ever have, so that is a sign of test boosting by those products. I didn't get blood work done so there is no conclusive proof, but I gained thick dense muscle. Win.

Value: 7 - As I said in my Alphadex review, picked this up in a bundle promo so that helps. It's expensive, but I am a believer you pay for what you get. That being said, ABE and Secret a Bridge are expensive as well and very similar in cost. Each bottle is a month supply so you do see value.

Side effects: 9 - Nothing major, can't complain about the appetite too much since that's a claim. I did have some nasty GI issues during this bulk, but I attribute that to another product (Nitramine review coming).

Bottom line: Would I buy it again? Yes. It worked. Who doesn't like bigger muscles? However, and this is probably dumb bro science, but I would probably not take Alphadex and Magnitropin together again. I almost felt like they were competing against each other in some ways. I'm sure the test boosting effects are better stacked, but where Alphadex was trying to lean me out Magnitropin was trying to blow me up. Who I think would really benefit from this product are hard gainers. They should snatch it up.

October 10, 2014

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Potent Extracts
  • Promising Science
  • Great Pumps
Another big shout out to Myokem’s main man, Brandon Sojka, & Myokem’s board rep, Hulkish. Oh, & Clippy, Myokem’s…something.

INGREDIENT PROFILE: B

I give Magnitropin’s ingredient profile a “B”, simply because of the proprietary blend. I can appreciate why companies do this, but it’s unfortunate when you have an ingredient profile that contains some new (to me at least) ingredients. However, the ingredient profile is not only interesting but promising, in my opinion.

The ingredient profile is short & sweet, with no fluff to it at all. The proprietary “matrix” is approximately 2.166g, spread over a grand total of five different ingredients. The black pepper extract doesn’t stands out only in that we’ve/I’ve seen it in many other products. The other four, however, standout.

Paederia foetida extract (20:1) has been shown to be an effective testosterone booster. I don’t buy it being better than test suspension, though, at the very least in the humans.
Cistanche deserticola extract (20:1) seems to be one of those ingredients that can do a number of things, but in this instance it’s used to combat muscle fatigue.
Gentiana lutea extract (10:1) is responsible for increasing appetite, because according to Myokem you’ve never seen a successful powerlifter/bodybuilder/strongman with the “appetite of a bird.” It’s also been shown to help digestion, but I don’t think you’re getting enough in Magnitropin…or are you o_O
Then there was epicatechin, the myostatin inhibitor.

The profile is well thought out, & frankly what I’ve come to expect from Myokem. They’re not bombarding you with quantity, but rather quality ingredients. It’s just a shame it’s in a proprietary blend.

EFFECTIVENESS: A

In my log, I referred to Magnitropin as “magical” on a few occasions. I will admit, “Magical” is a bit of an exaggeration. However, I do believe Magnitropin to be as good as advertised.

I’m in this sort of “recomp” mode until further notice. My macros are what they are, as in I don’t necessarily monitor them. I eat according to where I’m at in my training, but I do exercise some control. It is & was a semi-gluten free diet at the moment. My training is all about powerlifting, as it has been for a while now. Dosing was as directed, six days on & one day off at six pills per day.

One of the effects that was mentioned to me, was an all-day “pump-like feeling” when taking Magnitropin. On my first day, I was asked to mow the lawn. Allergies aside, I couldn’t say “no” to my mother, so I mowed the lawn. I got done, & noticed my delts & traps were blown up like I finished a light shoulder workout. I don’t have one of those ancient lawn mowers that require a good bit of strength, but rather a new-age one that practically moves itself. The pumped lasted well into the night, & that “pump-like feeling” would be common throughout my run.

As for the intended effects of Magnitropin, I would say it delivered. My weight continued to steadily drop, & began hover around the 252-255lb (down from a high of 268lbs post meet) mark depending on what I ate. My waist definitely shrank up some, as I noted in my log that my lifting belt felt loose during a particular workout. My performance in the gym went up as well, as I hit a handful of PRs & just overall felt like I was moving weight better, & my recovery was as good as it gets when I’m not taking “enhancers”. The one intended effect that proved problematic, was the increase in appetite. It was problematic in that I was damn near eating every two hours like clockwork.

Overall, I liked Magnitropin a great deal. Not much else to be said, lol.

VALUE: B

The price is a bit rough, but about right for similar products. The bets price currently available is $49.99 (via Price Plow) for about 24 days (48, 3-pill servings). The price per serving works out to roughly over $1 per serving.

Now, $50 is a bit much, especially when that is the currently lowest available. Given the effectiveness of Magnitropin, however, the price can be tolerated. It would be a hard pill to swallow, though, but I do think it is worth the money.

OVERALL: B+

I like Magnitropin, end of story. The ingredient profile is well thought out, & the effectiveness backs it up. However, it is not without some fault. The price is high & there’s no way around it, but I do believe Magnitropin to be worth it.

September 30, 2014

• GI Issues
Thanks to the fine folks at Myokem for inviting me to test and log their latest product, Magnitropin. Mag is a natty booster with some ingredients that are new to this natty lovin’ reviewer. Here’s a quick look at the profile:

Proprietary mix 2.166g/serving

Black pepper extract (std. min. 95% Piperine) (fruit)

Since WarMachine and bosox516 have done such a nice job of summarizing each ingredient, I’ll spare you the science. I’ve had nice results with Paederia foetida before. But the other ingredients are new to me. I was most intrigued by Epicatechin, which aims at reducing or suppressing myostatin. It’s also supposed to increase NO production, which would explain some fairly sick pumps I had on this cycle. Ah, but we’re getting ahead of ourselves. Let’s get to the brand promises.

On the label, Mag promises increased lean muscle mass, increased strength and performance, and increased appetite. So how did it check out?

Dosage/Mixability: 9/10
Easy-peasy. 3 capsules twice daily with food. I took mine preworkout right after waking up (with a banana and my PWO), and the second with dinner.

Taste: n/a
It’s capsules, so no taste.

I noticed increased stamina in the gym. As I mentioned in my log, there were several workouts where I lifted, then did cardio…then went and lifted again (or was dying to). I had good strength, too. Muscles felt full and activated. Pumps, as previously mentioned, were sick. Libido was off the charts, as was that alpha male feeling. The latter I actually had to take a breath and hold in check a few times. As for appetite, I’d say the first half of the four-week run, I didn’t notice much of an increase. But for the last half of the cycle, I was fairly ravenous. Second helpings, piles and piles of between-meals almonds. If you’re taking this stuff, make sure you have a fridge stocked with healthy foods. It would be really easy to get tubby if your diet was off.

Side Effects: 4/10
I had pretty bad GI issues, especially the first 7–10 days. I lost considerable workout time with an extra trip to the bathroom every morning. It did taper off during the latter part of the cycle, probably once every three days by cycle’s end.

Scanning the interwebs, it looks like 4-week supply generally runs in the $49.99 range. That’s fairly high in my book. There are good natty boosters out there in the $30 range. But I can say this is a quality product and I’d definitely stock up if I saw it on sale.

As far as performance goes, this is a fantastic test-booster with a jolting appetite boost. Side effects and price knock a couple of points off. But overall, this is a super-solid product and definitely gets the VonBoom seal of approval.

September 24, 2014

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Mostly Lives Up To Claims
  • Promising Science
  • Cool Bottle
Before I begin, I'd like to extend a very special thanks to Clippy, Hulkish, and the MyoKem team for allowing me the opportunity to try out and log their new myostatin inhibitor magnitropin.

As many would already know, myostatin is an encoding protein that regulates the growth of skeletal muscle tissue by inhibiting growth via active II receptor located within muscular tissue. Myostatin functions primarily to prevent muscular overgrowth and differentiation. While myostatin is naturally occurring within our bodies, inhibiting the actions of this protein has become widely favored among bodybuilders as a way to potentially maximize resistance training -induced muscular hypertrophy. While several companies have begun to capitalize on this concept, magnitropin is MyoKem's own answer to this idea, being specially formulated to provide the following:

Increased Muscle Growth
Increased Libido
Reduced Myostatin
Improved Exercise Performance

Now the question remains...Does magnatropin live up to these claims?

Lets find out...

Ingredient Profile (8):

MagnitropinTM Proprietary Matrix 2.166g

Black pepper extract (std. min. 95% Piperine) (fruit)

As usual, I am not a fan of prop blends, but I always give the benefit of the doubt. Bosox did a fantastic job at breaking down, analyzing, relating the ingredients to supporting studies. Therefore, I will only provide a quick overview of each for the sake of time.

Epicatechin: This particular compound is what generally sparked the myostatin inhibition craze and has become the core ingredient in nearly all products aimed at reducing myostatin. Epicatechin is a flavonoid derived from the cacao (dark chocolate) plant. It has been linked to numerous benefits including antioxidant properties, heart health support, NO production, glucose metabolism, and prostate health support. In this case epicatechin most unique benefit is its potential to inhibit myostatin and increase follistatin, which is essentially myostatin's opposite protein. The process responsible for this effects is unknown, but it may relate to inversely proportional relationship between follistatin and myostatin meaning when one is decreased the other is increased and vice versa.

Gentiana lutea extract – This herb has been demonstrated to stimulate the digestive processes of the digestive system itself system, liver, and gall bladder. Furthermore, it also possesses appetite stimulating properties.

Paederia foetida extract – Compounds contained within this plant's extracts have been demonstrated to have testosterone boosting effects. The rat studies that Bosox discussed indicated that these effects were in fact prominent. However, it also indicated that these effects are critically dose dependent. In other words, the higher the dose, the stronger the effect.

Cistanche deserticola: This particular ingredient seems to be more aimed at general health support as opposed to anabolic support. Extracts have been shown to be provide antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties by providing immunity-enhancing benefits.

Black Pepper Extract (Piperine): Primarily used as a bioavailability enhancer, piperine also possesses anti-depressive, anti-inflammatory, and cognitive enhancement benefits.

Overall, the profile contains a spectrum of supported ingredients and portent extracts. My only gripe as I already mentioned is the prop blend inclusion.

Usage (8): The directions advise a dosage protocol of 3 pills taken twice daily with food on a 6-day on 1-day off basis. It is recommended that on training days, one of these doses be with a PWO meal. I myself took three capsules with my first meal of the day and then often with my immediate post workout meal, or last meal of the day. I didn't have much of a time frame to experiment with different dosing timings, so I stuck with this method out of convenience. On a side note, the pills are easy to swallow and caused no gastro issues post ingestion.

Effectiveness (8): At last, we begin to touch upon answering the question mentioned above...Does magnitropin work?

I think to fully discuss this I will individually break down and assess the benefits I myself experienced while using magnitropin. I would like to point out the only things I was using with magnitropin were the basic staples and helix bcaas. (and synthol injections....jk)

Increased Libido: As an indication of the potential test-boosting benefits of the Paederia foetida, I did notice I had more vigor and general libido than before. Just wish I had a chick-who-lifts to share it with....lol

Increased Appetite: Personally, I've always had a healthy appetite along with a good diet. However, with magnatropin I found myself more frequently hungry than before. I didn't have any sudden "pangs" or midnight snack attacks, but I was eating more frequently. To accommodate the need for increased satiety, I increased both my protein and fiber inake as well as added some more starchy foods to my diet. Since building muscle requires a healthy intake of frequent clean calories, this was a welcomed effect which allowed me to eat more.

Increased Strength: I set some PRs on a few critical compound lifts particularly on sumo and trap bar dead lifts. I also saw my volume weight intervals increase as well and had more stability strength on my power-max negatives. Nothing prohormone like, but still a noticeable increase in strength nonetheless.

Better Recovery: Along with Helix Bcaas, my recovery was also very much improved while on magnitropin. DOMS was nearly absent and post-workout lethargy was non-existent.

Improved Endurance/Stamina: My rest intervals between sets were seemingly lower and I found myself banging out more HIT cardio-based boxing sessions and treadmill sprints. This was almost similar to when I was on Osta.

Increased Mass: Again, nothing prohormone-like, but my physique did appear more fuller and muscles were more pronounced with some added striations and size. This was noticeable mostly in my legs, shoulders, triceps, and back.

In summary, when you combine magnitropin with effective iron pounding and good eating, the claimed benefits can be made reality.

Value (7): One bottle consists of 144 capsules which at the recommended dosage protocol, will last you 4 weeks. When it was first introduced on the supplement market, the price tag on magnitropin was pretty high ranging 60-65 dollars. However, as Clippy and Hulkish recently announced, the value is now at a more favorable range of about 50 dollars. For the benefits I achieved with magnitropin, I would say at that price, it is well worth the investment to at least give the product a try. Not all supplement will work for everyone, but you never know unless you try, especially when the ingredients are actually backed by legitimate research.

Overall (8): While this was my first experience with a myostatin inhibitor, I can clearly say that magnitropin was a solid hit for me. My libido was heightened, strength was increased, mass was somewhat increased, and my endurance was consistently improved. Again, benefits can only be achieved through intensive training and proper diet.

WARMACHINE OUT!!!

GO PATS!!!

September 23, 2014

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Mostly Lives Up To Claims
  • Potent Extracts
  • Promising Science
  • May Be Ineffective For Younger Users
Alrighty, folks. I just finished my run of Myokem’s “High Performance Myotropic Agent,” Magnitropin. Since this is a fairly novel product, I will do my best to provide as much detail as possible. My goals were and are, very simply, to gain as much strength as possible. I took this along with Alphadex. Supps were otherwise very basic.

Myokem’s claims are: Increased appetite.
Increased exercise performance.
Reduced myostatin.
Increased muscle growth.
Increased libido.

First impressions: Cool looking bottle. I dig the hexagonal hydro-carbon logo. Very “chemical” and exudes a mad-scientist vibe. Informative and thorough label with all the proper disclaimers and what not. Now let’s dig in…

INGREDIENTS: B+

I picked this up after a long time of non-involvement in the supplement world, so I didn’t recognize a lot of the ingredients. Here’s what I found:

Paederia foetida extract – often called stinkvine or skunkvine, this plant has been shown in lab trials to increase testosterone levels in rats, even more so than injected free testosterone. This was measured by blood tests, observed sexual behaviors, and weight of testes. Sounds promising. This plant extract also has a lot of credibility in folk medicine, particularly in Asia where it grows natively and abundantly.

Rat experiments don’t always translate directly to an effect in humans, and because this is a prop blend there’s no way to know how the dosage compares to what the rats were given (as much as 200mg/kg). But at 20:1 this is a potent extract, and I did detect many of the common symptoms of increased testosterone, such as increased libido, androgenic effects, improved sleep, etc. I didn’t take any blood tests, or weigh my testicles (funny concept), but I felt a testosterone increase –- and isn’t it the feeling that matters most anyway?

Cistanche deserticola extract – most of what I’ve seen regarding this plant extract points to anti-inflammatory, anti-aging, anti-oxidant, and immune health effects. Traditionally one of its uses has been to combat impotence in the elderly, so there may be some T-boosting effects there. I think the benefits of this herb in particular are a bit overstated as it pertains to the purpose of the product, but that’s not to say it isn’t a helpful support.

Gentiana lutea extract – also called “the Devil’s Taint” (ha) this herb stimulates the digestive system, liver, and gall bladder.

Epicatechin – THE myostatin inhibitor. Epi is a strong antioxidant, has insulin mimic action, and improves heart health. Studies have shown that epicatechin works to protect cells from osmotic fragility, much the way insulin does, though the activity is different. Studies in mice have yielded a general decrease in myostatin levels, and an increase in follistatin in older mice. Human trials are limited but promising, and point to benefits for middle-aged or older folks in particular. This is enough reason for me to appreciate its use as an ingredient in any supplement, but a lot more research needs to be done. Any effect in this area is difficult to quantify.

Black pepper extract – has a wide range of purported benefits, including fat cell growth inhibition, help with GI distress, pain, inflammation, and even anti-depressant properties.

Promising ingredients, at potent extracts. Only reason I gave this a B+ and not an A is because the specific dosages are not disclosed. Not crucial if there aren’t any stimulants involved, but it forces the consumer to trust that dosages are clinically effective (which is difficult to ascertain anyway for ingredients with sparse clinical testing).

DOSING: B+

3 pills, twice a day with food, with an off day every 7th day. Again, an A would be 1 pill a day, so this involves a small amount of thought to keep track of. What I like a lot is that the specific number of pills in the bottle, allows for a perfect 4 week run, which lines up nicely with its “partner” product, Alphadex.

The only difficulty I ran into with this, is that a pre-workout dose is recommended (which I can confirm is helpful). It can get a bit dicey if your workout is too early in the day, and you have to decide whether you want to reap the benefits of a PWO dose and risk two doses being too close together, or if you want to push your second dose until later in the day. Also, if you take it without food, you’ll get some funky acid reflux, and I imagine the rate of absorption is lower.

EFFECTIVENESS: A-

Just as good, if not more so, than the standard natty test booster. My experience is limited here, as I’ve only used D-Pol in the past, but androgenic effects were actually more perceivable with Mag than D-Pol. I did feel stronger, and I wager this helped me push harder in the gym. My appetite was enormous, but weight gain was controlled. This did provide an unexpected thermogenic effect, which I’ll describe in more detail below.

Magnitropin is a very well constructed lean bulking aid.

I recall reading that one of the ingredients (I believe cistanche?) has a vaso-relaxing effect, and I experienced extreme pumps and solid endurance during my workouts. Mag also offered, I believe, a general peace of mind and positive psychological effect.

These effects, however, seemed to be inconsistent at times. Looking back, it feels like each week had a character all of its own. Appetite increase seemed to come fast in week 1, then taper off steadily, thermogenesis and pumps remained relatively constant, androgenic effects were most intense probably in weeks 2-3. This delivered the intended results, but in a sporadic and unreliable way. It is because of this that I decided not to re-up for another 4 weeks.

SIDE EFFECTS: B

I did not experience any increase in breakouts, which I actually did on D-Pol, nor any joint stiffness or dryness. I did, however, have a few moments of seemingly irrational anger and frustration. It’s impossible to say whether this was a direct result of Mag, or just a coincidence, but I am normally a very patient person.

I did also find the thermogenic effect to be more of a nuisance than anything else. During my workouts, I couldn’t care less how much I sweat. But even hours after my evening dose, I would find climbing into bed repulsive, as I’d begin sweating immediately. I’d also sweat long after getting out of the shower, which is something I can’t stand.

VALUE: C-

Currently on Myokem’s website for $64.99, which is a sale price down from the regular $79.99 -- pretty steep. Even for a product that I found largely effective, this is very high for a 4 week supply. I do recommend this for those interested in giving it a try, particularly if you’re an older individual, as the science indicates that it would be more beneficial to you than someone my age. If you’re younger than 30 and want to try it out, you may want to wait for a special offer or sale, as it may leave you wanting more.

OVERALL: B+

A solid product from a legitimate up-and-coming supplement company, which delivered positive results, albeit at a slightly unpredictable rate. Ingredients at top-notch potency, backed by promising, if unrefined, scientific data. This is worth serious consideration for those looking to excel in fitness, with the caveat that it would likely be more effective for someone 30 or older.

Thanks for reading, SR! Have a lovely day!