Alphadex Reviews

By: Myokem

Growth Enhancers > Estrogen Blockers
Alphadex is an Estrogen Blocker manufactured by Myokem. It helps reduce the amount of the hormone estrogen in the body, encouraging an optimal muscle building and fat loss environment.
6.9

November 1, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Improved Libido
  • Robust Profile
  • Improved Sexual Performance
  • High Dose Of Acacetin
  • Some Muscle Fullness
  • Perceivable Estrogen Control
  • No Noticeable Cortisol Control

Solid overall. Wasn't as potent for me as others, but still a good option. More expensive.

I've recently come to really appreciate the impact of a solid AI on my everyday physique and maintenance goals. I've run all three of VMI's "arimi" products and had very positive experiences with two of those supplements. Having not run any of Myokem's product line before, and being intrigued by the profile of Alphadex (specifically the amount of Acacetin), I decided to grab a bottle.

And sorry for the title. I couldn't stop myself.

Alphadex's profile is fairly complex but not overly so. There are four primary ingredients (plus Bioperine for absorption) with purported properties related to estrogen inhibition, hormonal balance, and increased testosterone production. The struggle I have with evaluating these ingredients and their dosages is the lack of reliable research, but I did my best below.

Safflower Seed Extract is mostly touted for its blood and heart-support properties e.g. preventing hardening of the arteries, reducing the risk of heart disease, widening blood vessels, and so on. It's an unusual ingredient for this type of product IMO. In his review of Alphadex, bctuhill posited that this extract was likely included to combat the drying-out effect of Acacetin. That could be the case.

Next up is BGE (I'm not spelling that out); a compound related to the Brassica family of vegetables which are touted for their anti-estrogen properties. Very common for an AI, though research suggests oral bioavailability of these compounds is poor. VMI's Arima-XD is primarily built around Brassica-related ingredients.

What I really love to see in an AI is Acacetin, a known AI that binds to androgens to prevent estrogen conversion, while also inhibiting rises in cortisol levels. I had a fantastic experience with a product that included 100mg of Acacetin per dose and you get DOUBLE that in a daily dose of Alphadex. To me this is the cornerstone of the ingredient profile.

Finally there's Mangosteen extract; a supplement that was foreign to me initially. Mangosteen has properties that claim to stimulate the immune system and improve mental health, but research is minimal and unreliable.

Dosing of Alphadex was honestly somewhat difficult for me. I practice Intermittent Fasting yet the instructions on the bottle said to take two caps daily, with food, one in the AM and one in the PM. Thus I usually tried to remember to bring a cap with me to work to dose at lunch and would take my second cap five hours later with dinner. A small inconvenience, but I did sometimes forget to grab my lunch dose which meant I was taking two caps at dinner. Not sure if that had an impact on my results.

Very easy to swallow caps with no aftertaste, indigestion, or other side effects.

If you read my Arimidrol review, you'll note I raved about the product's libido boosting and cortisol control properties, thus I had the bar set pretty high for Alphadex given the 200mg dosing of Acacetin. While that mark was not missed, I think my expectations were too lofty. I was reasoning the increased dose of Acacetin would hit me twice as fast and would have a stronger effect overall, however that was not the case. As I experienced with Arimidrol it really wasn't until week three when the product started to take effect, with those effects strengthening until the end of the bottle. I experienced a small but noticeable increase in muscle hardness and density, as well the usual spike in libido, drive, and all things related to sexual performance (again, Acacetin really works from me on this front). Overall I can't say I noticed a difference between Alphadex and its 200mg of Acacetin per day and Arimidrol's 100mg daily dose.

I did not experience the same level of cortisol control as I have with other AIs. Can't pinpoint the exact reason here. Could be my dosing protocol, could be diet, could be a host of factors. I certainly didn't gain weight, but I didn't lean out and feel as "tight" as I normally do when running an AI.

A 28 day bottle of Alphadex can be purchased for around $45. This is really the only gripe I have with the product. At a per dose cost of $1.60, you are paying more for Alphadex than you are for other AIs. Granted it is difficult to gauge the price of AI's considering ingredient profiles are rather unique and really no two of this category of supplement is identical. As I've stated several times, Alphadex packs a higher dose of Acacatin than other supplements, however as you've read this did not result in improved effectiveness for me. Certainly could prove beneficial for a larger person, or someone who does not respond as strongly to a lower dose.

From past research I've done I can tell you it is standard to find good AI's at a price point of roughly $1 a day. So while Alphadex is on the higher end of the price scale, certain users may find it more effective and worth the money.

Side Effects

I had no joint dryness while on this product.

Conclusion

Overall I enjoyed my experience with Alphadex and would recommend it as a viable, safe, well-dosed estrogen blocker. While not the most cost-effective option, it's still worth considering and a good stack option as part of a PCT. A solid product.

6.1
  October 16, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Improved Libido
  • Vascularity
  • Increased HardLean Muscle
  • Slight Vascularity In Shoulders
  • Less Water Retention
  • High Cost
  • No Energy Increase
SUMMARY:
This is a supp that is supposed to provide both anti-estrogen/mild test boosting effects, or double as a hardening agent, with potential libido increase as well (presumably from better T/E ratio). I think for the most part these claims can be somewhat supported by my experience.

I took this while in a cutting phase. I like using hardening agents/estrogen blockers/etc while cutting because I find they usually help my core look a lot drier and bring out vascularity that I really want to show once I am nearing the end of a dieting phase. This didn't disappoint in that area.

Safflower Seed: This is an extract that provides anti-estrogenic effects.If you look at the source Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2006 Nov; 70(11): 2783-5. you can actually see them compare it to Tamoxifen (nolvadex) which is a SERM.

Brassaiopis Glomerulata Extract: this acts as an aromatase inhibitor, which essentially improves you T/E ratio

Acacetin: this also acts like an aromatase inhibitor and also has historical use as an aphrodisiac which may explain why some who use it experience an increase in libido

Mangosteen Extract: this is thought to be an ingredient to help with fat loss but I haven't seen too too compelling of research or studies on it.

All of this with bioperine added (5mg as per usual) for increased absorption

Dosing is pretty easy. Two capsules a day, they're small and jet black and easy to swallow. No after taste, indigestion, or burps or discomfort from the pills which is nice.

This definitely had the "dry out" type effect that I was looking for, and more so than the previous estro supp that I reviewed by VMI (although that was cheaper/better value). My arms were insanely vascular during this run, especially forearms and even at rest. Delt veins were more visible than usual and those are hard for me to get to show, so that was a plus. Also feel like my face looked a little more defined than usual so maybe it WAS helping me not hold that extra water I usually do in trouble areas lol. In terms of actual performance can't say it did much more than the actual aesthetic appeal of hardening, and some mild potential (maybe placebo) boost in libido (I've heard others say acacetin has helped it for them though so I may not be tripping about that).

At 50 dollars for just 28 servings (4 weeks) I must say this is pretty expensive... I think this is a fairly solid supp so that helps bump value up a tad but considering that other estrogen etc type things I have used such as Exotherm have been more effective for the same price or cheaper but also last longer takes a little away from it in this category.

Side Effects

I didn't really have any side effects from this. This doesn't crash your estro like some other things, so no sore joints etc, no acne or any other sides like that.

Conclusion

Overall, I think this is a really awesome supp to experiment with whether you really are trying to lower estrogen or want to use it during a cut to harden up and show some more definition and vein action. Worth a try if you wanna drop 50 bucks on it to experiment!

September 26, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Some Muscle Fullness
  • Slight Vascularity
  • Less Water Retention
  • Slight Leaning Effect
  • Joint Discomfort

With arimistane appearing to have drawn unwanted attention from the FDA, supplement companies are scrambling to find the next best AI. Acacetin has appeared on the scene as the most prominent substitute, but it seems to be less effective with the same or worse side effects.

I am a huge fan of arimistane. The leaning effects were always very impressive to me and well worth the achy joints that were a side effect like clock work after a couple weeks on cycle. Now the FDA seems to be cracking down on it, apparently because of it being marketed as a pharmaceutical, and supplement makers are scrambling for a replacement. Myokem's Alphadex is the third product I've used that has used Acacetin as an AI intended to have the same or similar effects, and included some interesting accompanying ingredients along with it, but unfortunately it just doesn't have the same potency.

Safflower Seed Extract - 200mg - Safflower seed has a host of benefits, from aiding in hair growth to reducing cholesterol, but I think it's incorporation in Alphadex is intended to decrease joint pain resulting from the drying effects of Acacetin.
Brassaiopsis Glomerulata Extract - 125mg - This appears to be a very new potential aromatase inhibitor, but according to Examine.com the effectiveness of it being taken orally is in doubt. There is very little research available to identify the efficacious dose.
Acacetin - 100mg - Derived from damiana leaf, acacetin is supposedly a possible substitute for arimistane, but is actually a phytoestrogen. I believe that the theory in using them as a means to boost testosterone is that the phytoestrogens will bind to the estrogen receptors in the body and in turn cause the body to shut off estrogen production since it is tricked into being fulfilled. Total bro-science there though. There still isn't a ton of research on this.
Mangosteen extract - 25mg - There are a host of unverified benefits of Mangosteen, but most seem to be related to digestion. My guess is there is also an intended benefit in joint health with this as well.

Bioperine - 5mg - used to improve absorption and a common dose.

No taste, no mixing
Dosing - I took this as directed, 1 capsule before breakfast, 1 capsule before dinner.

I began to see a slight recomposition around the end of week 2. I noticed I was a bit leaner, a bit more vascular, and my muscles were a bit harder. I didn't notice anything in terms of a strength increase. Overall the effects were the same as arimistane but less pronounced and slower to be noticeable. Also around the beginning of the third week, shortly after I started to notice physical changes, my joints began to hurt. This is a common side effect of AIs but unfortunately, I found it to be worse with this and other acacetin supplements than with arimistane. That's about the extent of what I noticed. I simply seemed to be retaining less water and leaned out a bit. I didn't notice any indications of a major increase in testosterone that I can attribute to this.

The best price I was able to find for this was $40.49 at Best Price Nutrition and using a priceplow coupon. That's about $1.45/day for 28 days. This is more than I'd want to pay for the effects.

Side Effects

Dry achy joints, common for the category and not a fault of Myokem by any means.

Conclusion

Overall I think the supplement industry needs to find a better replacement for arimistane. As I mentioned, this was my third acacetin-based supplement and in this case also had another AI to support it, and it still didn't yield the same or close to the same results. This is much less potent than it should be for the price point, and I don't think I would recommend it to others unless they wanted to experiment with something mild.

I appreciate and want to thank Myokem for participating here, and hopefully there will be another iteration soon that will blow this one away!

Overall
Overall
6.2
  September 23, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Improved Libido
  • Some Muscle Fullness
  • Increased Aggression
  • Slight Vascularity
  • High Cost
  • No Noticeable Estrogen Control
  • No Lean Out Look
  • 2 Bottles Recommended For Best Results

Myokem advertises this as an anti-estrogen product that will help the user develop lean muscle mass, reduce excess estrogen and increase muscle hardness, but in all actuality, it only delivers a mild PCT effect.

A big thanks to the fine folks over at Myokem for sending Alphadex out for me to try. I am glad to see them back to participating on the site again. For anyone who has taken a testosterone boosting agent or for that matter a PH agent knows that it is important to fight off excess estrogen. Myokem gives us Alphadex which they say is: "an Estrogen Blocker. It helps reduce the amount of the hormone estrogen in the body, encouraging an optimal muscle building and fat loss environment."

A product like this is key to really show off the hard work you have put in the gym when on a testosterone boosting agent. Anti-estrogen products will leave you with a "dry" look rather than a puffy and bloated appearance that comes with the new found size. Let us take a look at how this product does.

Myokem comes out the gate once again giving us a fully disclosed label with more exotic ingredients:

SAFFLOWER SEED EXTRACT 200mg - The seeds of the safflower - scientific name Carthamus tinctorius - contain a lignan that blocks the effect of estradiol in cells as effectively as Nolvadex does, according to pharmacologists at Seoul National University. Studies have found that safflower seed extract can help to reduce fat around the midsection while increasing lean muscle mass. Long-term use of Nolvadex [used to treat breast cancer] increases the risk of ovarian cancer in women. The Koreans are looking for alternatives to Nolvadex in the plant world. In their article, they describe how they bought safflower seed in a shop and isolated various compounds that they then tested for anti-estrogenic effects.

BRASSAIOPSIS GLOMERULATA EXTRACT 125mg - By inhibiting aromatase, Brassaiopsis glomerulata extract effectively increases the amount of testosterone in your body while blocking estrogen. the first investigations in the plant were to investigate the presence of low molecular weight aromatase inhibitors. There appear to be a few aromatase inhibitors in this compound with one of them showing a fair bit of potency, but there is currently a lack of evidence to support the usage of this plant orally for the purpose of aromatase inhibition.

ACACETIN 100mg - Acacetin also works to regulate aromatase and support a healthy ratio of testosterone to estrogen. Acacetin is a natural flavone that is found in the Damiana (Turnera diffusa) plant. Acacetin has been studied for a variety of reasons and some research suggests it may have anti-aromatase and anti-estrogen properties. Research suggests that Acacetin has anti-aromatase properties. Aromatase is the enzyme responsible for converting testosterone to estrogen. Inhibition of the aromatase enzyme helps reduce the amount of testosterone that gets converted to estrogen.

GARCINIA MANGOSTANA EXTRACT 25mg - Studies have found that the Garcinia mangostana extract can accelerate weight loss to eliminate stubborn fat and provide an even greater definition in your muscles. There is not a lot of information out on this ingredient and most research has shown that it is effective for digestion and treating minor infections and maintain a healthy gut and digestive system.

Bioperine 5mg- Standard dose used for increased absorption.

Taste-These are in capsule form, so there is not really a taste to them.

Mixability-Once again, these are capsules so mixability is not an issue as well.

Dosing is fairly simple. It is one capsule in the morning, and one capsule in the evening. Both doses were taken with food as well.

So effectiveness was kind of difficult to pin down. This is promoted as an anti-estrogen product and with that being said, there was a slight reduction in what could have been excess estrogen. Muscle tone and definition from estrogen reduction were hardly noticeable over the course of the run. What I did notice while taking this product was an increase in aggression and attitude and things like confidence. I found this to be quite interesting because my confidence level is pretty normal, but on this, I found myself with a sense of feeling immortal. I also notice a significant increase in my appetite. Again, given the list of ingredients, I found this to be quite odd. I primarily used this product as a PCT after coming off a 2 month run of HADES from Savage Supplements.

If we truly categorize this as an anti-estrogen product, then it is going to fail compared to VMI's Arima-XD. However, if we promote this as a PCT to help the body come down from a testosterone or GH product, then it might have more success. The first time I ran HADES I ran it with Arima-XD and I was continually drying out during the whole cycle which was fantastic, however, when both were done I noticed a decent drop in strength and endurance. This time when using Alphadex, I noticed a reduced drop in strength and endurance which tells me that this acted as a decent PCT to help my body recover from having a testosterone boost for 8 weeks. I imagine that if you were to use Alphadex for 8 weeks, you could see an increase in overall strength rather than the slight increase I saw in 4. I also noticed an uptick in libido rather than a reduction due to coming off of a testosterone product.

So once again, I feel that this all goes back to an identity crisis in which we must ask if is this truly just an anti-estrogen product, rather than a PCT. I guess to make it fully identifiable as a PCT, they could add an ingredient like Tribulus, or Longjack, but they did not go that route.

So the cheapest you can find this right now is on bestpricenutrition.com for $45 which for a 28 day supply is $1.60 a day and $.80 a pill. If we say this is an anti-estrogen, then that price is quite a hard price to swallow considering you can get a more effective Arima-XD for under $25

Side Effects

No real side effects found with this one to include joint discomfort from "drying out".

Conclusion

Again, in retrospect, this product is not terrible, but it also not great. If you have money to burn then I say, yeah go for it but get 2 bottles. If you are the type of consumer who wants the most for your money when it comes to anti-estrogen products then I would look elsewhere. Once again, thank you to Myokem for participating in the Trooper Program and I look forward to seeing more from them in the future.

September 10, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Improved Libido
  • Vascularity
  • Slight Vascularity In Shoulders
  • Some Muscle Fullness
  • High Cost
  • No Noticeable Estrogen Control
  • 2 Bottles Recommended For Best Results

Alphadex contains natural ingredients that could potentially support muscle growth and block estrogen, but it didn't quite benefit me in four weeks.

Thanks to Myokem for participating in the TROOP program. I'm going to be reviewing Myokem's natural anabolic product Alphadex. What interested me about this product was the muscle building/fat loss/recomp potential of its ingredients. Because I'm in a constant phase, it seemed to make sense to give this product a try.

Kudos to Myokem for giving a fully disclosed ingredient profile. Like many on SR.com, I'm not a big fan of prop blends. Prop blends only get a pass from me if the product works well.

Alphadex contains four ingredients for a total of 450 mg.

Safflower seed extract (10% Trachesloside) 200mg: This ingredient is said to increase fat metabolism and improve blood glucose levels.

Brassaiopsis glomerulata extract 125mg: This ingredient acts as a testosterone boosting support agent, and also reportedly inhibits the aromatase enzyme.

Acacetin 100mg: Said to reduce estrogen levels, boost testosterone, and lower cortisol.

Garcinia mangostana extract 25mg: Has been shown to possibly aid in fat loss through inducing lipolysis and blood glucose support.

Also included is 5mg of bioperine (black pepper extract) to enhance absorption.

There is no taste, as these are capsules. As for dosing, the label directions say to take one capsule twice a day with food, preferably spread out. I took my first capsule with breakfast, my second with lunch, about 5 hours later.

Okay, so Alphadex didn't exactly strikeout with me, but it wasn't a home run either. There were many areas that it fell short.

First of all, I did have a more alpha male feeling in the gym; my aggression was definitely up. In addition, I would say that I had a very noticeable increase in my libido. Woody always seemed to be ready.

I did notice some increased vascularity and I had a little more dryness and definition to my physique. However, as far as pumps, size, and strength increases were concerned, nothing. I was able to pump out maybe 1-2 extra reps on each lift, but honestly, I was expecting a bit more. I'm not one to expect "steroid-like" gains from any product, especially natural anabolics/test boosters, but I've experienced better results from similarly marketed products. It should be noted that the label recommends this to be taken for a minimum of 8 weeks, so in theory, Alphadex might be a little more effective over a longer period of time. However, an 8 week run could put quite a deep dent in one's pockets.

The lowest price i was able to find Alpha was on bestpricenutrition.com for about $45. This is very pricey for a 28 day supply of a product that only partially delivered. Take into account that you may need to run two bottles to see any true effects, and you're looking at paying 90 bucks for something that might not work as well as other products that give better results in less than 4 weeks at a fraction of the price. I am by no means a baller, and if I were, I'd still think twice before springing for two bottles. If you can find it on sale, Alphadex might be worth a try as a one-time, 8 week run.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Alphadex is not a strikeout; it's more of a leadoff single that could be stretched into a double. I was expecting more, especially at it's price point. If you have some money saved up and can find it on sale, I would say at least give it a shot for 8 weeks. However, for me, there are better, less expensive AI choices.

September 6, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Slight Vascularity In Shoulders
  • High Cost
  • No Noticeable Estrogen Control
  • No Energy Increase
  • No Muscle Hardness
  • No Lean Out Look

An estrogen blocker that is moderately to high priced, that will net you minimal to no effects. A unique set of ingredients with a fully disclosed label, but this simply did not work for me.

38 years old and lift four days a week while doing physical therapy twice a week for my left ankle due to total reconstructive surgery. I like to have an estrogen blocker in my stack every now and again, as I have had some good experiences with a few of them. I was excited to see Myokem come back to the site and offer up some of their products, so I decided to give Alphadex a shot after reading some older reviews and have never tried a product by them. A big thank you to Myokem and the TROOPer program for making this connection and opportunity possible. Let's see if this gave me any more alpha'ness in my system.

Fully disclosed label here, so kudos to Myokem for not having a prop blend. Each pill has 450mg of the Alphadex Lean Muscle Enhancement Matrix which contains the following:

Safflower Seed Extract (std 10% Trachelosides) (seed) (200mg): This is said to help reduce fat around the midsection while increasing lean muscle mass. I could not find recommended dosages, and this information comes from Myokem website themselves.

Brassaiposis Giomerulata Extract 20:1 (leaf) (125mg): Brassaiopsis glomerulata is a tree growing in Vietnam that appears to have some compounds that may inhibit the aromatase enzyme; there is currently a lack of applied evidence for this plant in living systems. It has been noted that active components of Brassaiopsis glomerulata can inhibit the aromatase enzyme in vitro,[2] but no evidence currently exists to support an increase in testosterone or decrease in estrogen in a living system. (Examine.com) A fairly unique ingredient here, but no real research to show recommended dosing and its actual effect. More information and studies can be found here https://examine.com/supplements/brassaiopsis-glomerulata/

Acacetin (5,7-dihydroxyflavone-Methoxyflavone) (leaf) (100mg): I could not find much information on this either, but according to the Myokem site this works to regulate aromatase and support a healthy ratio of testosterone to estrogen. Dosage is unknown.

Mangosteen Extract 10:1 (Garcinia mangostana) (hull) (25mg): Again, not much information to be found on this but the website states this is to accelerate weight loss to eliminate stubborn fat and provide even greater definition in your muscles. Dosage is unknown.

This also contains 5mg of Bioperine for absorption. Very unique set of ingredients in here, as I was unfamiliar with all of them. Myokem does a nice job at explaining all the ingredients and their dosages on their website. Not much else to comment here.

Taste/Mixability: Nothing to note here as this is in capsule form. No weird taste or smell, and they were easy to swallow.

Dosing: The directions state to take 1 capsule in the morning with your first meal of the day and 1 capsule in the evening with a meal. I took one capsule for breakfast and one for dinner each day. Easy to follow and remember.

For an estrogen blocker I look for muscle hardness, a slight leaning out effect, some vascularity, and an energy boost or increase in rage. I did not experience any muscle hardness as I have with past estrogen blockers during this run. I thought I started too towards the last couple of days of this bottle, but I could not be sure if I was just hoping at this point. I experienced no leaning out effect nor a boost in energy or rage. The only noticeable effects I had was some slight vascularity increase in my shoulders. This did increase towards the end as well, but I did not notice any on my normal areas such as forearms/biceps.

The label claims are enhanced muscular definition, increased hard, lean muscle, and heightened strength and endurance. I noticed none of these effects except maybe the strength and endurance part. However, I cannot say for sure that this along helped as I have been using a strength program and had gains prior to taking this as well as some increased in endurance due to taking beta-alanine every day. So for me the bottle claims simply were not there.

Overall, I really did not experience much of anything except some slight vascularity in my shoulders. I did get a pimple on my face when I started taking Alphadex so I thought maybe this was increasing my testosterone, but that went away after a few days and I felt not other increase in my energy levels. It has been 5 days since my last dose as I like to wait in case I did not notice an effect, but I have felt no changes to this point. This simply did nothing for me, so I was pretty bummed out about it. However, the directions do recommend to take this for a minimum of 8 weeks, so maybe a 4 week run was not enough, but I cannot be sure. I have had other estrogen blockers or AI's work within 10-12 days, so regardless this just did not do well for me.

You can grab this from Best Price Nutrition for $40.49 if you use the code PRICEPLOW. That is for 28 days which comes out to $1.45 a day. This is pretty expensive in my opinion especially once I couple in the lack of effectiveness for me. There are many more effective and cheaper options out there, so the value simply is not there for me.

Side Effects

Conclusion

I appreciate the opportunity to try out Alphadex but I had minimal to no effects in 28 days of this. I know my body does react to AI's or estrogen blockers as I have taken quite a few in the past, but the ingredients here simply did nothing for me. Like anything else, your experience may vary, but for me I simply cannot recommend this.

Overall
Overall
6.4
6.3
  September 2, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Improved Libido
  • Vascularity
  • Some Muscle Fullness
  • High Cost
  • No Noticeable Estrogen Control

Alphadex is a natural anabolic support agent that can potentially help provide benefits towards muscle gain and fat loss. However, in my experience, the benefits fell somewhat short.

A special thanks to Myokem for their participation here on SR.com. In addition, an apology for the slight tardiness in this review. Today, I discuss my experience with their natural anabolic support product Alphadex. Alphadex looked like an interesting product in terms of the ingredients and what I believed were the potential benefits I could achieve. The product touts improved muscle size, hardness, and fat loss. Being on a lean recomp phase, these are all areas I am trying to improve so this product looked like an ideal one to try.

Alphadex contains 4 primary ingredients in a fully disclosed profile and they include the following combined in a 450mg total:

Safflower seed extract (10% Trachesloside) 200mg: This ingredient is said to have cardiovascular benefits that include the prevention of artery hardening, supporting healthier cholesterol levels, and heart disease risk reduction. In terms of fitness, it has been demonstrated to increase fat metabolism and improve blood glucose levels.

Brassaiopsis glomerulata extract 125mg: This ingredients is said to act as a testosterone boosting support agent as well as carry anti-estrogenic activity by inhibiting the aromatase enzyme.

Acacetin 100mg: A more familiar ingredient of the four, acacetin can help reduce estrogen levels, boost testosterone, and lower cortisol.

Garcinia mangostana extract 25mg: Possess antibacterial, antiviral, and antioxidant properties which help promote good general health. It has also been demonstrated to possibly aid in fat loss through lipolysis induction an blood glucose support.

These are the main ingredients, with the profile ending with 5mg of bioperine (black pepper extract) to act as a bioavailability enhancer.

The dosing protocol simply advises two pills a day with food preferably spread apart. I took my first capsule with breakfast and the second one with dinner, or a post workout meal of some sorts.

I can say overall, Alphadex hit in some areas better than others, but fell short considering the degree of benefits as a whole.

First, I did notice a noticeable increase in my libido and gym aggression. I had more sexual vigor when "it was necessary" and was experiencing more frequent erections. My gym aggression and mentality was improved and I was pounding through my workouts with some additional furiosity and drive.

Second, I did have a slight increase in my overall vascularity and a little more muscle fullness. My physique felt slightly more full particularly after high volume compound sets as did my vascularity. however, this increase was far from significant and does not compare to more beneficial pump oriented product.

Third, I only experienced what I could describe as a miniscule increase in muscle size and strength. I did not set any notable PRs or gain and reputable inches on any muscles. I did feel slightly stronger on some lifts at times and size would only look a tiny bit enlarged from resulting pumps. I was not expecting my numbers to skyrocket, but I would have at least liked some more strength and size benefits.

Lastly, I would say that I did look a little more defined, but this would've been definitely better had I been on a strict cutting targeted caloric restriction. So, I'll give Alphadex the benefit of the doubt on this one.

I was able to find Alphadex for as low at 45 dollars on Bestpricenutrition.com. Each container contains a 28 day supply with 56 caps. Given the shortcomings of the product, though not a total miss by any means, I would say that this value is a little too pricey for my taste to want to invest again. If you could find it on sale, I would say to invest as a one time thing to at least try it.

Side Effects

Conclusion

In conclusion, Alphadex doesn't quite hit the marks as well as I'd hoped. It is not a total miss as it does have benefits to some extent, but for the price I wouldn't recommend it immediately over other products. I would say, it is definitely at the least worth a try, but only if you can possibly find it on sale. Until then, maybe just stick with some good ol fashioned creapure and protein.

WARMACHINE OUT!!!

GO RED SOX!!!

6.3
  March 10, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Increased HardLean Muscle
  • Vascularity
  • Muscle Fullness
  • Improved Libido
  • High Cost
  • No Noticeable Estrogen Control

Good afternoon SR. Up for review is Myokem's "high performance hormone modulator", Alphadex. Myokem claims that Alphadex controls estrogen, increases hard, lean muscle, and increases strength. Who wouldn't want to try this, especially coming from a company that has proven it is serious and has dished out several top notch supplements. I would like to thank Myokem once again to send their stuff out to be reviewed.

Serving Size- 1 capsule
Servings per Container- 56

Alphadex Estro-Control Matrix- 455mg
Safflower seed extract(std min 10% Tracheloside)
Brassiopsis glomerulata extract(20:1)
Garcinia mangostana extract(std. min. 9% Gamma Mangostin)
Acacetin
Black Pepper Extract(std. min. 98% piperine)

Yeah. Myokem's website will tell you what this stuff is. Myokem's products like to have some foreign ingredients. They like to be innovative and use some strange combinations. They do a good job of explaining it and breaking it down. I'm honestly not sure what to make of it. I think this approach will need more trials and some more exposure to really pinpoint the effectiveness of each specific ingredient.

The capsules are reasonably sized and easy to consume. No burps or any other issues. I followed the dosing on the label which was 1 cap in the morning and one cap in the evening with food. Easy peasy.

That combination of ingredients actually provided to good results. My strength increased steadily as it should but the fun part was the tone and dryness it gave to my physique. I appeared much more vascular and my muscles just had more "pop" in them. It's like any excess flab around them was removed. They had much more of a grainy appearance. I also had more of an overall "alpha" feeling in the gym as well as outside of the gym. It added a nice element to my training where I just seemed more confident and energized.

As with other products that are known to control estrogen, I was expecting to experience some dry joints but I really never got that. I was paying attention to it during the run but I only really dealt with my normal amount of joint pain that goes away after time or a little treatment. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing. Good thing because I don't really want my joints to hurt but bad cause Im not sure how much my estrogen was being controlled. It is also worth noting that libido was increased a little. Nothing crazy, but noticeable nonetheless.

Im curious to see how this would react with a stack of something like a Magnitropin or a high end natty test booster.

Simply just not a very good value here. Im not sure how much the ingredients cost but for what looks like a minimum of low to mid 40's for a bottle, it's hard to justify buying it for the results it gave. If you need to control estrogen after coming off a PH run or something like that then it may be of more value but it you are a typical supplement user then it's going to be hard to find a reason to buy this over another "growth enhancer" that could be less than 30 dollars.

Side Effects

No side effects

Conclusion

So, as the title states, this was an enjoyable run. I like the innovation brought by Myokem and I would always love to try something new. I would like to see the price get worked down to somewhere in the 30's if possible though. That would allow more users to use it and for more feedback to be brought about to see how the ingredient profile works. IF you have the extra cash on hand and are looking for some added training intensity, leaning, and libido, I would recommend you find the best price you can and see for yourself.

March 6, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Vascularity
  • Improved Libido
  • High Cost
Alright first a big thanks to Myokem , one of the top Sponsers here on Sr.com. Clippy also helped me some with this product when I had questions.
So we all know Myokem makes some solid products, so I was ready to jump on this one and give it a go. Some other well respected members have already broke this product down really well and I do not want to just repeat what they say so I will try to keep this short and to the point.

Profile.
SUPPLEMENT FACTS

Serving Size: 1 Capsule
Serving Per Container: 56
INGREDIENTS

Alphadex Estro-Control Matrix - 455mg

Safflower seed extract (std. min. 10% Trachesloside): Helps prevent hardening of the arteries, helps lower cholesterol, and helps reduce the risk of heart disease.
Brassaiopsis glomerulata extract (20:1): Helps minimize or avoid estrogenic effect. Helps prevent elevated levels of testosterone from being converted to excess estrogen and helps reverse age-related decline in testosterone.
Garcina mangostana extract (std. min. 9% Gamma Mangostin): Has a high level of antioxidants that help reduce inflammation in the body and balance blood sugar levels.
Acacetin: Helps reduce the conversion of testosterone to estrogen.
Black pepper extract (std. min. 98% piperine) (fruit): Helps you lose weight, helps the body use nutrients more efficiently, and is a natural anti-depressant.
OTHER INGREDIENTS

Maltodextrin, gelatin, magnesium stearate, silica, FD&C Yellow #5, FD&C Yellow #6, titanium dioxide

So yea its a blend but I can see why you would do this as a business stand point on this.

Dosing 10
1 pill in am and 1 pill in afternoon with food. Easy to do. I never went up on this dose as I wanted to see if I could get by without upping the dose for more results.

Effectiveness. 7
Now I will say this is not terrible and it may work well with someone more normal than me. I mean that because I have to be on TRT so I know I need my AI to be alot stronger than what this can do. But I have ran AI's before while on TRT and had great results from them. Licogenix was the top dog here. But anyway I did see some acne clear up, some dryer looking skin, libido seemed to increase a touch, ( no pun intended ) . I never really noticed the leaning effect as much as others. I was noticing veins was out almost 24/7 with this one though. I was getting somewhat sensitive joints toward the end of the run of this too.
Now all this sounds like it did work, so why you complaining? Well It did , but not as much as I have had others perform before. Now I know that things have changed in my life over the time I ran this vs something else. I am older, eating habits maybe worse, etc. But at the end of the day I just feel this one is not as strong or effective as a few others I can think of.

Value 7
The cheapest I can find this is 44 bucks before shipping. So it is not cheap for 28 day supply. Now others may have better results than me but I still feel this is a bit high.

Overall 7
Overall Myokem is a awesome company that makes some really good products. I just feel this one may need more of.... something. Sorry guys. I really wanted this one to rock. I did have some effects but not like I was expecting a AI possible of giving.

6.9
  February 6, 2015

30 year old male. Never used an AI or SERM before, so after hearing about this product I was pretty excited. trained 5 times a week. diet was for maintainence at the time

a prop blend with several herbs that are boasted to do things, to be more potent and enginered to be so.. but i didn't get anything from it.

One pill a day, easy enough

I think I was a non responder for this product, i didn't notice very much leaning or drying.

about 1$ a pill alittle bit less depending on where you can find it.

Side Effects

none noticed

Conclusion

i can't really say anything about this product because I didn't see any positives or negatives from it. Thanks to the guys at myokem for allowing me to log this product, but I guess I'm a non responder. disappointed because of what i've read about this product.