(Better than 21% in Natural Anabolics)

MOAB is a Natural Anabolic product manufactured by Redcon1. It is designed to naturally help keep you in an anabolic state.

Growth Enhancers > Natural Anabolics

September 7, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Leaner Muscle Mass
  • More Vascluar
  • Well Dosed Ingredients

This was my first time using an epicatechin based supplement and was pretty impressed. The results come on slowly, but are undeniably present. The taste is horrid.

Wow- this must be the latest I've ever been for reviewing a product. I apologize, but want to also thank Redcon1 for letting me try this really interesting product.

I took this product when coming off of some really tremendous natural test boosters in hopes that it would mitigate any losses. What I ultimately found was that this was totally different than what I expected it to be, but was certainly effective for my goals and then some.

While running this product I did very little cardio and focused on strength over hypertrophy. I rarely exceeded 8 reps on any exercise and spent the month focusing on moving as much weight as possible while improving my form. There was some variation to this in the way of tempo based lifts, and overall followed a body-part split throughout each week, with a compound lift to initiate each day.

MOAB consists of 4 straight forward ingredients derived from the more commonly used Leucine:
- HMB (3g): HMB is a metabolit of leucine, specifically geared towards preventing muscle breakdown. It is significantly more effective than leucine itself at preventing muscle breakdown, but less effective than Leucine at inducing protein synthesis. This makes it great for athletes seeking to maintain their muscle mass when on a calorie restricted diet. The 3g dose offered by R1 is on the leading side of the normal dose range of 1-3g daily.
- HICA (1g): Also called Leucic acid and another metabolite of Leucine. When Leucine is digested is follows two metabolic pathways, becoming KIC or HMB. Some KIC is later converted to HICA. It is also anti-catabolic, as opposed to anabolic, but there is little comparison to HMB or Leucine to be found in studies posted to the web. It appears to have a short half-life and is usually taken in 500mg doses 3x daily. In studies it has shown slight ability to be able to increase lean mass and weight while reducing muscle soreness.
- Epicatechin (300mg): Epicatechin is mainly effective by reducing myostatin levels and increasing follistatin levels. Myostatin and Follistatin are essentially proteins that work at odds with each other. Myostatin limits muscle growth, whereas follistatin enables it. As we get older, the ratios change with myostatin increasing and follistatin deceasing. The result is that we have more difficulty building muscle and losing fat, and supplementation with Epicatechin will theoretically yield lean gains with reduced body fat percentages.
- Astragin (50mg): This is used to help increase absorption. It is important that this is included because Epicatechin is typically poorly absorbed.

Taste: Horrible. I think the other guys described it well; but to me it was just like berry blend dip... or a cheap grape flavored cigar that was doused in manischewitz.

Mixability: Also not great, it will only suspend, similar to creatine... drink fast.

Dosing: I tried to follow the directions and drink this before my lifts, but it seemed to make me tired for some reason. Because of that, I began to drink it right after my workout before my protein shake and found that it worked well that way.

It took me a solid two weeks before I started to see the results, but once they came on they were very noticeable. It was almost similar to creatine supplementation in the sense that my muscles were fuller, but it didn't seem to be water weight. I also noticed increased vascularity and my waist line continued to slim down. There were a few days where I missed a dose and I'm not sure whether it was in my head, but the vascularity seemed to diminish almost immediately until I took it again. I didn't realize any major gains in strength, but visually I noticed a slight increase in muscle mass. Overall I was pretty happy with this.

Here is the main drawback of MOAB. The best price I could find online was $58.49 on DPS Nutrition. That's almost $2/serving, and it takes a while to see the results. I'm not sure I can justify the price when also considering the taste versus results. It was a real chore to drink this.

Side Effects

None at all.

Conclusion

As mentioned in the value section, this was expensive and that is the main reason I am hesitant to give this a glowing recommendation. That said, I do recommend it, but really wish they could do something about the taste. It definitely does work and you will notice an increase in muscle mass. I think it would be great to stack it with a PH or solid NTB, but standalone results will take a while to ramp up.

Thanks again to Redcon1. I'll wait until I see this on sale to buy again though.
  • Grape: 3/10

Advertisement:
Members don't see ads: Join SR for Free

6.8
  August 10, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Leaner Muscle Mass
  • More Vascluar
  • Temporary Hunger Increase
  • Well Dosed Ingredients

An expensive, bad tasting muscle building supplement starring Epicatechin as its star ingredient. This product is effective and you will see some slight muscle mass increase and possibly some vascularity. Worth a shot if you have the money, and taste is not a factor to you.

38 years old and lift four days a week, while still recovering to total reconstructive surgery to my left ankle. Earlier this year I tried a product with Epicatechin (epi) with some great results, so when I saw that REDCON1 released MOAB I just had to try it. MOAB has an interesting combination with their epi and touts itself as NOT the Mother of All Bombs, but the Mother of All Builders. I had this on my I want to try list, and was very excited when this was offered up in the TROOPer program. As you may or may not know, I also am on a quest to eventually try all of REDCON1 products, since they are named after the military, and being a veteran I have to ensure they are doing it right! Big thank you to REDCON1 and the TROOPer program for making this review possible.

Fully disclosed label as you would expect in any REDCON1 product, and is much appreciated and almost expected these days. I'll be 39 next month, so I am not of the age to play around with what I put in my body, so fully disclosed labels are a must for me. There are only a few ingredients in here, so lets quickly discuss each one.

HMB (3,000mg): This is an active metabolite of leucine that reduces muscle protein breakdown. It appears to have an anabolic role for muscle, but fails to be more effective than its parent amino acid for inducing muscle protein synthesis. (Examine.com) I have taken this in the past, and it has reduced muscle soreness for me. 1-3g daily is the recommended amount for reducing muscle mass losses over time (anti-catabolic), so we are at the max dose here.

HICA (1,000mg): This ingredient was fairly new to me. Also known as Leucic Acid, this is a leucine metabolite touted to hvae anabolic properties. Studies on this are very limited, and no real dosage recommendation exists. This works similar to HMB/Leucine, but its unclear at this point which is better.

Epicatechin (300mg): Epicatechin is a bioactive compound classified as a flavonol, a plant based phytochemical which is found in a number of foods in trace amounts, including green tea and most famously, dark chocolate. While differing food sources contain different amounts of epicatechin, dark chocolate contains the most, and the darker the better with pure cocoa containing the highest amounts of all at nearly 3mg per gram. Before you get excited and go purchase a ton of chocolate to eat daily, remember that also includes calories and fat, so here we just get the ingredient we want. Epi has a number of benefits including enhancing muscle growth and strength, increasing NO production, improving insulin sensitivity, lowering cholesterol levels, and improving brain and heart health. 150-200mg a day is the recommended dose, so here we have a hefty 300mg serving. Beauty of this ingredient is that it can be used for any length of time and no need to cycle it. For best results 4 weeks at a minimum should be used. I am now a huge fan of Epi. More info can be found here: https://www.predatornutrition.com/articles/supplements/supplement-science/everything-you-need-to-know-about-epicatechin.html

Astragin (50mg): My favorite absorption enhancer. 50mg is a nice dose to absorb all the good stuff.

Interesting combination of ingredients here. The only time I have used HMB was in combination with Creatine, and Epi was also with Creatine. I guess the idea here is to repair muscles with HMB and HICA, while building them with Epi, so not necessarily a bad thing. Really nice dosages here as well, REDCON1 did a nice job here.

Taste: I know a lot of people say the taste does not matter if the product works. Yes, I agree to a point, but its 2018 and realistically supplements should not have to taste bad unless its trying to be all natural. I requested and received the Grape flavor and it was not good! I really had not hints of grape on the initial sip, and would always be left with a terrible after taste. I get the taste of a bad cigar in my mouth when drinking this, which I experienced with Fade Out as well. Interestingly enough, no ingredient is identical in both products, so I am thinking that cigar like taste may have something to do with how the supplements are mixed or processed. After a few days of suffering, I just started to chug this with 4-6oz of water daily, and always had to drink something else to get rid of that nasty after taste. Not good!

Mixability: No issues here, whether I mixed this with 4,6 or 8oz of water, it dissolved quickly and had no issues with leaving residue behind.

Dosing: I took one scoop 30 minutes prior to working out, or on wake up on rest days. There is no reason to ever exceed one scoop of this per day.

The last Epi product I took, took about 2-3 weeks before I noticed anything. It was so subtle I hardly noticed, but my buddies and other gym friends did. So I knew to take this for at least two weeks before seeing anything here. Right around Day 9 I noticed my weight was going up slightly (.7 pounds at this point) with no real change in my diet. On Day 11, my hunger skyrocketed, and I just could not eat enough it seemed. Along with a hunger increase, I noticed some slight vascularity happening around my shoulders, biceps, and forearms area. Right around the 16 or 17 day mark, I did notice my arms, chest, and shoulders getting slightly bigger.

The hunger last about a week or so, then kind of went away, but the vascularity and muscle increase remained throughout the rest of my run until the end. The last time I ran Epi I only really noticed a slight gain in muscle mass size, while here vascularity existed along with it. Do not expect to have huge muscle gains like steroids, but taking this consistently every day (not just workout days) will net you a slight increase in size. So overall, this product tasted bad, but it was effective. Since coming off of this I have seen a drop in a couple pounds but looks like my muscle size remains. The weight change is likely due to a big diet change I have recently had. I did not notice anything extra in recovery with this alone, I still had to take a separate BCAA supplement to ensure I had no DOMS. One thing to note, last Epi product I took was 200mg Epi a day, and I really noticed no difference taking 200mg versus 300mg daily.

The cheapest I could find this product is $47.99 for 30 servings. This deal was using Price Plow and using the code EPICDEAL at Natural Body Inc. This comes out to $1.60 a dose. Pretty expensive in my opinion. Yes Epi is expensive on its own, but the last epi product I took was for under 40 dollars and was just as effective, if not a little more for muscle gain. Not a great deal here unless you can get one of those random 50% off deals on the REDCON1 app.

Side Effects

Just the realization that the supplement tastes nothing like the flavor listed, and will give you a terrible aftertaste.

Conclusion

So yes, this product worked well, however it tasted horrible and was very expensive. Epi has gained a lot of popularity in the last couple of years and is truly the star ingredient in here. You can find other products that contain Epi for much cheaper that taste a million times better. If REDCON1 could fix the taste, and either throw in some Creatine or lower the price point, this product will have a hard time competing. I do recommend this as long as you do not care about the taste and have the money, because the results are there, its that simple! Thanks again REDCON1 for this opportunity.
  • Grape: 2/10

Advertisement:
Members don't see ads: Join SR for Free

August 8, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • More Vascluar
  • Leaner Muscle Mass

This product here is a muscle building agent. This is suppose to help you add more size and help you get more lean muscle mass.

First off I want to thank RedCon1 for letting us troopers have the chance to give this product a try. When I first heard about this product it sounded really interesting and worth giving a try. This is suppose to be a new kind of product they came out with. For me this will be the first time using any kind of product like this. This is non-hormonal and does NOT require any post cycle therapy (PCT). This is suppose to help you put on more size and put on some leaner muscle.

This is made up of 6 total ingredients. They start off with some calcium at 390mg and then you get Vitamin D3 at 1000IU.
Here is the main ingredients they use in this.

HMB 3000mg is needed by the body to protect and repair muscle tissue. It is thought to do this by slowing muscle protein breakdown and speeding protein synthesis, and also by preserving the structural integrity of your muscle cells.

HICA 1000mg is a metabolite of the branched-chain amino acid leucine. It is commonly sold as a purported muscle building supplement. It also has fungicidal properties. HICA was shown to increase protein synthesis and muscle mass in rats who were recovering from a period of induced atrophy.

Epicatechin 300mg it increases levels of follistatin, a special type of protein found in the muscles, which binds to and thereby inhibits the actions of myostatin in the body. In a nutshell, more follistatin equals less myostatin, which in turn means more muscle mass.

Astragin 50mg is a natural composite which is composed of highly fractionated Astragalus and Panax Notoginseng. Studies have shown that this ingredient can significantly help and improve absorption of many essential nutrients. Most Nutrient absorption occurs in the intestines.

This was my first time using HMB and Epicatechin and was really excited to see how those two ingredients would work for me.

This comes in two flavors cherry lime and grape. I had the cherry lime flavor. At first the taste is not to bad then you get this really bad after taste which I think ruins the taste a lot. If you could get past the really bad after taste it might not be so bad on taste. It does give a little bit of chemical taste to it. The overall cherry lime taste does not stand out real well and could be a little stronger.

The mixing was not to bad. There some little pieces left over that would not fully mix. It says to take one scoop 30 mins before your workout. For added intensity take with your pre-workout. I always took once scoop with my pre-workout.

This was my first time ever using a product like this. When I started using this I was not real sure what kind of results I was suppose to notice from this. After being on this for a about a week or so I felt like this was not really doing much at all for me and was wondering if this stuff was even working. Then I had to do a little more research on this and found out this is suppose to help you put on a little more size and help you gain more leaner muscle mass. Also help you build muscle faster and recovery better. Also this is suppose to help you with some strength gains and make you more vascular.

After about 2 weeks of using this is when I finally started to notice something from this. One day when I was working out I was noticing in the mirror that it looked like I was starting to put on a little more size. My muscles I noticed started to look more full like. The longer I was on this the more my muscles started to look a little bigger and more full like. It was nothing crazy like in size I was gaining but enough to notice it was doing something. Then I started to notice the muscle mass I was putting on made me start to look a little more leaner and not so bloated like. So basically this helped me gain a bit more leaner muscle mass without a lot of bloating. Also I started to look more vascular and was noticing a lot more cuts in my muscles. Any kind of strength gains I got from this I think were very limited. I do think it helped some but not very much. If you think you will get a lot of strength gains from this you won't or at least I did not notice musch.

So over all I think this helped me put on some leaner muscle mass. It was not crazy like size I put on but decent. It will take about 2 weeks to start noticing anything from this. Also I feel this helped increase my vascularity a lot. From the time I started taking this my weight did not change much. It maybe went up just a little but that's about it. My overall recovery from this was ok but you will still need your protein and/or aminos to help you a lot more so. Also I should mention that my appetite did not go put much while on this. Lately it has felt like it has gone done some. Not real sure if this product caused this or maybe it was a different product I was stacking with this. I guess it will depend on the person as to how well this will work for them. For me this was nothing real outstanding like but I did notice some stuff from this which I liked but wish it could have been a bit more.

The cheapest I am finding this is on illpumpyouup.com and they want $49.99 for 30 servings. Most of the sites I am seeing this are priced anywhere from Mid $50's to mid $60's I think those prices are rather expensive for a product like this. Even at the cheapest price I could find it is still rather expensive for me. Not really sure why this product is priced so high but would like to see it lowered a bit which would really help.

Side Effects

Nothing I noticed.

Conclusion

I think overall they have a decent product here but I think it could have been a little more effective. For what this product is suppose to do I feel it did that but feel it should have been more. I think this is worth giving a try but just remember it will take about two weeks to start noticing anything from this so don't get discouraged if you don't see anything right away. The biggest issue I have with this is the price tag. I think this is way to expensive for what you get and how it works. The price is something I think really needed to be lowered to make it worth wanting to buy again. Also the taste of this is not real great and feel they need to work on this. Do I think this is something I need to have all the time no but is kind of nice to have at times. This will help you but the results you get from this are just not that big to make me want to go out and buy this again right away. I think if they could work with the ingredients a little more it could be even a lot better of a product. Again I want to give a big shout out to RedCon1 for making this product and letting me have the chance to try it.
  • Cherry lime: 6/10