Bucked Up Reviews

By: DAS Labs

Pre-Workout > Pump
Bucked Up is a Pump Product manufactured by DAS Labs. It is meant to increase blood flow, muscle pumps and increase vascularity. It can be stacked with a stimulant based pre-workout for an added stimulant effect. This promotes an environment for increased muscle mass and fat loss.

4.5
  June 29, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • No Prop Blends
  • Overpriced
  • Some Ingredients Under Dosed

I used this product both as a preworkout and also as a coffee substitute, since it is way too hot outside for me to drink coffee for now. My workouts consisted of strength training 4 days per week, with little to no cardio. I also used this at work which usually consists of sitting at a desk for most of the day, but I also worked some 8 hour days landscaping in southern Mississippi heat and humidity. Sometimes I would mix this in a water bottle, and sometimes I would put the powder straight into my mouth and chase it with water. It seemed to work equally with both methods, so I did whatever was convenient at the time. Overall, this product did what I needed it to do for the most part, which was to give me energy and endurance for my workouts and daily activities, but I tended to need more than the recommended dosage more often than not, especially before workouts.

I really like the fact that this has no proprietary blends, which is always the first thing I look for when I am choosing a product. I don't necessarily discount a product if it has prop blends, but it was certainly a good first impression to see that this had a fully-disclosed label. I had mixed feelings about the ingredients, though, as some appeared to be underdosed, but I was willing to give the benefit of the doubt considering the AstraGin was in there to increase bioavailability. Here is a quick rundown on the ingredients for reference:

Citrulline Malate: Promotes endurance by helping get rid of ammonia produced during exercise, and increases bloodflow as your body converts it to L-Arginine and then nitric oxide. At 6g per scoop, you've got a good dose here.

Beta-Alanine: Promotes endurance by making the body less acidic. At 2g, this product falls short of having the standard 3.2g per serving, but this may be mitigated by the AstraGin contained in this as well.

Caffeine Anhydrous: Good 'ol caffeine. Energy, power, and endurance booster, as well as a cognitive enhancer. You have 200 mg in here, which is about the same as a couple cups of coffee, or your average energy drink.

AlphaSize Alpha GPC: Nootropic containing choline. This is meant to improve cognition and focus. Standard dose is between 300-600mg, so this seems underdosed at 200mg, unless the Astragin is meant to increase its absorption.

Taurine: Used for a myriad of purposes such as reducing anxiety, reducing cramping, and promoting hydration. Standard dose tend to be between 500mg at the very low end up to 2000+ mg. This contains 100mg.

Himalayan Rock Salt: Contains trace minerals, I'm assuming it's in here to help replace electrolytes lost while exercising.

Deer Antler Velvet Extract: This is in here to support accelerated recovery. I admittedly know little about this ingredient, but a quick look on examine.com suggests that most if not all claims about this product enhancing athletic performance and recovery are exaggerated at best.

AstraGin: Increases absorption of the other ingredients; the label specifically mentions citrulline.

ActiGin: In here to increase VO2 Max and boost athletic performance.

----Taste/Mixability: 8.5/10----

I had the Blood Raz flavor, and it was very tasty. It had a slight initial tartness with a sweet orange-y finish. It mixed well with minimal sediment in my water bottle using roughly 10oz of water and anywhere between 1-2 scoops. The tartness was much more pronounced when putting the powder directly in my mouth and chasing with water, but it wasn't overpowering and was tasty using this method as well.

With one scoop, the results for me were just kind of "meh". I could tell it was working because of the familiar beta alanine tingles and I usually got a decent pump, but I always found myself reaching for an additional caffeine source such as a Bang energy drink or some kind of RTD like Speed Stack to give a little extra energy. With two scoops, the results were very good, and more in line with what I expect from a preworkout. I'll break down my experience into some typical preworkout categories. These values are based on me taking 2 scoops.

Energy and Endurance: 7/10

The beta alanine tingles were always the first sign it was starting to kick in for me, followed by a gradual increase in alertness. This product never gave me a sudden jolt of energy upon kicking in, but instead gradually increased, plateaued at a moderate intensity, and then gradually wore off without me really even noticing. I never had a problem completing my workouts, which typically take about an hour, so I feel like it did what I needed it to do. I personally prefer a quick hit followed by a slow tapering off with energy, but this would be a good option for someone looking for something on the lighter side stimulant-wise.

Focus: 6/10

I never got "tunnel vision" focus while using this, but I could tell I was slightly less distracted. It felt like the slight boost in focus I get from energy drinks that contain caffeine, but have no additional focus-oriented ingredients.

Pump: 8/10

This is where this product really shined for me. I always got a pump no matter what part of my body I worked out. The pumps were what I would consider a "wet" pump I typically get while taking bulk citrulline malate, where the muscles look and feel inflated rather than more dense. This is my favorite kind of pump as clothes felt smaller, especially when working shoulders/arms, and deadlifts seemed to inflate almost every part of my body. Even walking upstairs on days I took this at work made my quads feel bigger. Very solid here.

Here is where this product takes a hit for me, since I had to take more than 1 scoop to get the effects I wanted, but your mileage may vary. The cheapest I've found this online is $42.95, which comes out to $1.43 per serving assuming free shipping. That's really not too bad, but it's still a little pricey in my opinion considering there are other options out there within or below this price point that work as well or better. However, if you need to take two servings like me, then you're looking at double that, which is too steep for me considering there are other, cheaper and more effective options.

Side Effects

I experienced no side effects while using this product.

Conclusion

In conclusion, I'm glad I tried this, but I know now that I prefer something more energy and focus oriented. I would recommend this to someone looking for a low-stim preworkout option, though, especially if they enjoy having a good pump and respond well to citrulline malate. I'd try to find it on sale, though, or use some kind of deal to lower the price a little.

Overall
Overall
9.2
9.5
  December 29, 2017

• Deer Antler Velvet Underdosed

Hello SR family, I have been active in sports and weightlifting for a while now. 13+ years in baseball and 3-4 in weight lifting. I have always been an active person and all about bettering myself day in and day out. I have never came across a pre workout with deer antler until I came across this. So I decided to give it a shot and see what it was all about!

With 200mg of caffeine I found this pre workout to give an amazing dose of energy without any jitters or feeling like I am going to overdue it on the caffeine intake. No crash just clean energy that last for a while so I would not recommend taking it close to bedtime.

6000mg of citrulline malate helps provide the pump with ONLY 200mg of caffeine. The Himalayan rock salt is something I have not seen before either in a pre workout but it is supposed to help with detoxing according to google. The big ingredient that stands out is the Deer Antler. We all know its been a craze lately so maybe they tried to put it in here so people would see it included and buy it but with or without it would be fine I do not think it would make that much of a difference.

So this product mixes very well. i have tried blood raz and loved it. It is pretty sweet and tangy if you do not have enough water with it. I sometimes took it straight up and followed it with water. Beware that some does stay on the bottom so be prepared for a very sweet and somewhat sour last sip that might be a little clumpy as well. Other than that this product is good. Never been a big person on taste so it makes no difference with me. As long as the product does what it needs that is all that matters.

VERY clean energy and the pumps are out of this world! I suggest if you want to have good energy and be able to pick these weights up no problem to get this. You will not be disappointed at all with the effectiveness of this products. It does what it needs to do and more! With every rep I took you could feel the muscle just getting pumped with blood and within the first set you will have a killer pump that will have everyone mirin. Biceps and quads is what I got the best pumps from but I am sure it will vary from person to person. I think in all this product carries a punch and fires you up for a killer workout every time. Have never had to take more than one scoop so tolerance build up is basically non existent it seems like.

I would get this for about 29.99 for a 30 serving at Vitamin World. But I am sure you can find it for the same price online. It was a bit pricey when it first came out but I think they realized it was a little to expensive for what they were offering.

Side Effects

no side effects reported

Conclusion

If you are serious about getting some energy and gains then definitely get this and go train like a beast! Price is spot on and so is the product. Have gotten a few friends hooked on it and nobody has had a single complaint on it. I will also add I was a manager at a supplement store and lots of customers came in and tried the product for the first time and would always come back every month or so after that for a new bottle... sooo.... GET IT fit fam!
  • Blood Raz: 9/10

June 16, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • No Prop Blends
=== Introduction ===

What's up guys, here is my review for Bucked Up, a PWO product from DAS Labs. Thanks to them for supporting the site and allowing us to try some of their goods. I have to admit, when I saw this on the TROOP dashboard and saw the whole "deer antler" thing going on, I pretty much overlooked it. I kept seeing it on there and for some reason I finally just scooped it up. Overall, I'm glad I did. Shortly after receiving this product, I got a whole tub in the mail again. I failed to read the enclosed letter and quickly messaged the rep saying that I thought they'd made a mistake and that I would send it back. Turns out it was a nicely written letter explaining that their measurements were off on the batch I received so they sent me another one. Very nice in my opinion. On to the review.

=== Profile ===

I am very stim tolerant and as of late had been loving the 300mg caffeine products. Probably because I needed a break from PWO's and hadn't taken one. This one has 200mg, so I was anxious to see if I could get away with just one true scoop of it. Full label disclosure here and in my opinion a nice profile. Due to the tardiness of my review, many others have talked in length about all the ingredients already so I am not going to drag this on too much.

6000mg of citrulline malate help provide the pump which I'll talk about in the effectiveness part. 200mg of caffeine which I talked about above. Astragin and Actigin are also in here, both dosed at 25mg. I have always responded well to those. The Himalayan rock salt is one of the two unique ingredients here. I don't have much experience with this, but a quick google search provided me with the following statement, more or less the same on the couple of sites I looked at: "Himalayan salt benefits include supporting weight loss, detox, and balanced hormones." The toted ingredient here is the deer antler velvet extract. I have never tried this stuff before, and we all know there was a pretty big craze over it back in the day. Not on our site, but just in general through professional sports and what not. At 50mg, I can't really believe it really did anything, nor did I notice anything. That being said, it gave them a platform on which they were able to name this product and potentially market it. Some people might consider this deception in a way, but when push came to shove, the product still delivered and it potentially helped them get it out there. You can make your own opinion.

=== Taste/Mixability/Dosing ===

I got the Blood Raz flavor, and I really enjoyed it. It provided a not too sweet flavor with a little bit of tart, and it actually tasted how I'd envision it based on the name. Mixablilty was good, with a little bit of residue sitting at the bottom, pretty quickly after shaking. I went to one scoop dosing, and remained there throughout.

=== Effectiveness ===

My expectations for a pre workout are to get a good clean energy bloost without any jitters, enjoy my workout without fatigue, and not have a crashing effect afterwards. Bucked Up met all of these real well. I experienced a small amount of flushing with some of the doses, but it was nothing overboard or uncomforting. The pump factor seemed average, but if you have read my reviews, I never respond all that well to pump products, or maybe my workouts just suck. The pump was there, but just the average amount I have become accustomed to. I felt motivated in the gym, and didn't lallygag between sets. The energy was sustained and I did not crash afterwards. As some other reviewers have said, this stuff will keep you up so don't take it late at night unless you are a night owl. I didn't notice any out of the ordinary recovery benefits.

=== Value ===

DAS Labs sells this for $49.99 which is a little more than I would like to pay. It can be found at ESupplements and and A1 supplements for $39.99 which I thing is fair because I consider it a true 1 scoop product, so you get 30 workouts in for the price. Fair by me.

=== Side Effects ===

Some skin flushing and a lot of energy.

=== Conclusion ===

I won't repeat myself on what I said about the labeling and marketing aspect of this product in terms of the deer antler extract. I already said my piece. But all that aside, I was very surprised by how much I liked this product versus what I was expecting. I used the other tub they sent right away, and was happy to have more of it. If you find a good deal on this product, I'd happily recommend it. Looking forward to more products from DAS Labs. Thanks again for reading!
  • Blood Raz: 9/10

May 23, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • No Prop Blends
  • Excellent Customer Service
  • Overpriced
  • Deer Antler Velvet Underdosed
Your boy Cray is back. Use the scooper boys.

Thanks to DAS Labs for participating in the SR TROOPs program and providing me a container of Bucked Up. I was intrigued by this product's inclusion of Deer Antler Velvet; the supplement made famous by the truly inspirational role model known as Ray Lewis. It seemed a bit gimmicky to me, but I was interested nonetheless.

Jokes aside, DAS impressed me early on in this testing. I received a second tub of Bucked Up a week or two after the initial tub arrived with a note stating their weighing systems were off and that my first tub was a few doses short of the stated 30 scoops. Excellent service.

Blood Raz was the only flavor of this product when I tested it. I found it very tart but enjoyable. Tastes exactly like a combination of blood oranges and raspberries. The powder dissolved easily with no clumping or foaming. I see DAS Labs has now added Blue Raz and Watermelon flavors.

I usually dosed one full scoop of Bucked Up 15 minutes prior to working out. I experimented with this product both fasted and with a full stomach.

I'd been on a pre-workout hiatus for a few weeks before getting back on the wagon and testing Bucked Up. I'm very stim tolerant but was still surprised at the energy burst I received from this product. Brief summary below.

Consistent - One of the few pre's where I haven't had to up the dose mid-tub. One scoop was just right every time.
Focus - Solid focus for about 30-45 minutes. On par with other products.
Energy - Probably the best aspect of this product. Really nice burst of clean energy with no "stim hangover". I'd recently started working out early in the AM (having a kid will do that to your schedule) and thus was much in need of the energy boost. Got me into up and ready to workout quickly.
Pump - Above average. The Citrullin and Astragin combo is solid and gives a nice full pump every workout.
Strength - No noticeable differences. This isn't an expectation of mine when it comes to pre-workouts, so this is not a negative in my book.
Ingredient List - Another kudo for listing ingredient dosing and not hiding behind a prop blend. Man I hate that.

I preferred this product on an empty stomach but felt it was still effective on a full stomach. I have C4 on hand as well to test this product and give myself a baseline. I found I needed my standard 1.5 scoops of C4 to feel its effects, and those effects still weren't as potent as a single scoop of Bucked.

The price point of Bucked Up is an issue for me. It's not widely available and can't be purchased through the usual online vendors (BB, M&S, etc.) thus there's no deals or coupon codes. The DAS site sells 30 servings for $50. The only other site that carries Bucked Up is esupplements.com who're charing $40 for the same size tub.

$1.30 - $1.67 is simply too expensive in my book. Yes, I liked this product and felt it worked well, but there are plenty of other pre-workouts on the market with a similar level of effectiveness that will cost you far less. I popped over to BB.com and found I could purchase tubs of Curse, Assault, and C4 with per-serving costs of less than $1.00.

Side Effects

None to note. No energy crash or unexpected bowel issues.

Conclusion

One dose of Bucked Up nets you 50mg of Deer Antler Velvet. Their oral spray? 1000mg per dose / 2000mg daily. Recommended dosing? 1000-3000mg daily.

I don't know if the powdered deer antler velvet is more potent or something but personally I don't see how the inclusion of this ingredient is anything other than a marketing ploy. DAS Labs has a really clean, effective pre-workout on their hands that, in my opinion, doesn't need to be marketed in this fashion. Again I'm speculating, but if removing the deer antler velvet from the ingredient formula dropped the price of this product, it'd be a contender with other big name pres.

This is a good, solid product that I'd absolutely recommend to individuals experienced with supplementing/pre-workout. Fix the price point and the overall grade goes up for me to 8.5/10.

OVERALL: 7/10

May 19, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • No Prop Blends
  • Good Pumps
  • Contains Some Nice Patented Ingredients
  • A Little Pricey
  • Could Drop Some Ingredients And Still Be Effective

Thanks to DAS for sending out not 1 but 2 tubs of this for us to try, the 2nd tub because the 1st was a little short on the amount of total servings that were supposed to be included. I didn't take the tubs back to back but instead had another pre in between, because of the timing the 2nd tub was shipped. I have been curious about the use of deer antler spray for awhile but like most others, I felt like it was too good to be true to spend my money on.

When this came up for review I thought even if the deer antler spray did end up being a bust the rest of the profile was good enough that I would regret spennding the time to use this preworkout.
Per the manufacturers description of the ingredients you have..Citrulline - 6g to maximize blood flow (nitric oxide booster)
Actigin - Increase VO2 MAX & boost athletic performance, Deer Antler Velvet - Rich in IGF-1 & IGF-2, Alphasize - A growth hormone potentiate clinically shown to sharpen mental focus, Astragin - Clinically shown to increase citrulline absorption by up to 66.7 %,Beta Alanine - Promotes strength, endurance, & muscle growth, 200mg of caffeine for energy,100mg of taurine and lastly Himalayan rock salt.
The dosages on most of the ingredient I think Is acceptable, but I would like to see the astragin bumper up a little. Normally I would also say up the beta alanine a bit, but I seemed to react very well to whatever source of beta alanine they went with here.

The presentation of the tub is very sleek and very appealing, and I get that the flavoring name is to go along with the overall theme. With that said when I looked at the name Blood Razz I didn't know what to think, this may be a turn off to a normal gym goer. Once I mixed it up I found it to be a different flavor than I think i've ever encountered. I enjoyed the flavor, it reminded me of a fruit punch flavor with a strong tart twist. Had zero issues with mixing and dosage was easy as well, I started out with 1 scoop and they dosed the caffeine adequately so that if wanted you could go with a full 2 scoops and not go overboard.

I'm going to split this up into 2 parts, 1st i'm going to judge this based on how its marketed and the label claims and then ill say how I felt about it as just a preworkout.
With the inclusion of deer antler spray and claims like growth hormone properties, I feel like the results should echo more than just in-training performance. I didn't notice any of the effects claimed for deer antler spray, or growth hormone like properties. If you are looking for a product to take your training and recovery to the next level and help you grow outside of just in training you may want to look elsewhere.
Now as a preworkout.... I really enjoyed this product from a preworkout standpoint. The caffeine was just enough to give you a good boost of energy and if used at 2 scoops it was great. I had some good quality pumps that came on fast and strong but seemed to fade quickly after the workout. One thing that really stood out in this product was the focus. I felt great and dialed in from the second I walked into the gym until the last rep. There was no crash at all either just a smooth transition from focused and ready to lift to time to go home. If I cold do anything different I would take out the Deer antler spray and bump up a couple ingredients or maybe throw a little something else in there.

After looking at others reviews and searching the net, if you want this product you are going to pay around $50 for 30 servings, this was a good preworkout, but I couldn't pay this for this product. They have a pretty long way to go for me to be able to justify putting this in my monthly stack.

Side Effects

Conclusion

If it wasn't for the price and the claims made for this preworkout I would say this was a very good run, as it is though I felt like it came up a little bit short. If you want some good workouts from a solid Preworkout give it a shot. If you to add serious mass and have HGH like effects from a preworkout drink with deer antler spray you are going to be very disappointed.

May 9, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • No Prop Blends
  • Good Pumps
  • Contains Some Nice Patented Ingredients
  • Quick Tolerance
  • Some Ingredients Under Dosed

As always I'll start off with a big thank you to supplementreviews.com and DAS Labs for participating in the TROOPER program. I love trying new stuff that I would normally might overlook.

DAS labs, which I can only assume stands for "Deer Antler Spray", is a company that has offered deer antler velvet in the form of a spray for quite a while, I believe. Now they seem to be moving into the ever popular pre workout market. If you want to make money then make a pre workout LOL.
I do love my pre workouts and haven't worked out without one for years now. I just don't have time to NOT make the most of my workout time and a good pre workout ALWAYS let me do more. So how did Bucked Up stack up to the competition? Unfortunately, it didn't really stand out for me. I really hate writing "bad" reviews for these companies that are nice enough to send us out free products, but critiques are how we all learn, grow, and improve. So here goes!

Disclosed ingredients!!! Major points there for letting me know exactly what is in this supplement. That said, there are some issues.
I love the 6g of Citrulline Malate. The Beta-Alanine is only dosed at 2g but I'm not sure about that because I got some of the worst/best tingle with this. The first 3-4 doses I wanted to rip my face off for a solid 30 min. I haven't had tingles like that since I first started using it years ago. The caffeine in a bit low at 200mg for me, but I don't mind it because I can always dose up with 1.5 scoops. I like the Astragin for absorption and the Alphasize GPC at a good dose 200mg. It's also got an ingredient I hadn't heard of before called Actigin, which is from Nuliv, the same company who holds the Astragin patent. It's very similar and uses some extracts of Panax Ginseng mixed with another herb to load you muscles with more glycogen and reduce inflammation leading to better performance (in theory at any rate).

The bigger issue is that Deer Antler Velvet (DAV) is where DAS Labs is hanging their hat. Indeed, that is the basis for their whole company, marketing, and brand. I think it's how they are trying to get their pre workout to stand out. Honestly, full marks there because in a world filled with a 1000 pre workouts that are all the same they at least did try to do something different. However, the science behind DAV is sketchy at best, especially when it comes to oral bioavailability. I have personally never tried it and partly that's why I grabbed this when it came up. I try not to have contempt prior to personal investigation. Now that I have investigated I do have some contempt. Besides the other issues I just mentioned the dose in Bucked Up is a measly 50mg of extract. Everything I could find says that if it does do anything you need to dose a MINIMUM of 500mg. To base your product on a sketchy ingredient to start off with and then completely under dose that ingredient didn't sit well with me.

First off, my scoop consistently weighed out to 14g when the bottle says 10.6g. I used a scale that has been consistently right with many other products and yes I tared out the scooper first. That's about 25% more than it should be. So is 14g scoop correct and the label wrong? Or the other way around? Who knows? I hate it when companies can't get this right. It definitely does not instill confidence in their product or make me want to purchase. DAS Labs did realize there was a mistake somewhere and did their best to fix it by sending out a second bottle so we could get the true 30 servings required for the review. That was really cool and went a long way to help the situation. But I still am not sure if I was getting extra product per scoop or if the label should have said 14g. At any rate, not cool. Get your damn product to market correctly and without these childish issues if you want me to take your company seriously!

Since the stims are not super high on this product I did dose it at 1.5 scoops. As I said, I honestly have no idea how much I was actually getting because of the scoop issue, but it was probably more like 2 servings.

It mixed fine, no issues there.

The flavor I had was "Blood Raz", which I can only assume is flavored with deer blood. Apparently deer blood tastes pretty good because I liked it, but it was REALLY strong. If you have ever had Sour Gummy Worms it tasted just like the blue and red ones; very sour but also sweet. I liked it more and more as I used it, but it could have been a little less intense. I'm sure it would have been better with more water but I do not like to mix my pre workouts with more than about 6oz because I get all sloshy feeling while I'm lifting.

Lets throw out the DAV as an ingredient and talk for a second. I'll get back to that. The energy part came up a bit short for me. This was one of those pre workouts that was great for the first 4-5 workouts and then just petered out. By the end I couldn't really feel much of anything when I took it. Same thing with the Alpha GPC, which I know is a good ingredient. The focus was good at first but then just got worse and worse as the tub continued. The pumps were the most consistent and best performing part of Bucked Up. I always got a nice full pump. Endurance was pretty good too from the Beta-Alanine and CM. I'm not convinced if the AtraGin or ActiGin really do anything or not, but I didn't notice anything that lead me to believe they were.

Ok lets talk about the DAV. The bottle has the words "IGF-1" and "GH Growth" on it. If you're going to market those kind of things then you better back it up. DAS Labs, you did not back it up. There were no noticeable effects from what you would see by having IGF-1 boosted. I didn't see any increase in recovery, muscle growth, strength increase, reduced inflammation, or anything else. This part of the product was a complete failure.

So far bucked up seems to be fairly limited in distribution. I could only find it on the direct from DAS for $49.99 and listed on one other vendor I had never heard of (esupplements.com) for $39.99 where it was out of stock. While not an outrageous price for a 30 serving pre workout the value is poor given its performance for me. Especially because I had to use more than one serving.

Side Effects

None. I didn't have any problems with GI issues or anything.

Conclusion

Overall there were just too many issues with the product to give it a decent score. Sorry DAS labs. I hope you take it in stride and use my feedback to work harder to improve the formula going forward. There were some things to like, such as the 6g of CM, Beta-Alanine, and patented ingredients, but overall Bucked Up didn't do a whole lot to help me get more work done in the gym so I found it to be of little value. I'm sure this will sell really well to newbs and bros who "buddy told me he gained 30lbs taking it" kind of people, but if you are an informed user of supplements then I suggest steering clear. I was skeptical of DAV to start off with and now am doubly so. While not the worst pre workout I have ever taken it didn't do enough for me to warrant a good score. There are just a lot of better options out there for a similar price or cheaper.

Thanks for reading!

6.7
  May 7, 2016

• Could Drop Some Ingredients And Still Be Effective
Well I will explain the title in a little bit. I was coming of a pretty serious pre workout break when I signed up for this so I was excited to try something a bit low in stims. After a break I figured I would not need a high stim Pre workout. Now at first site the Deer antler velvet is something I have yet to be able to try alone and honestly just not sure what I think about it. Which is where I will start.

Profile
With just 200 mg of caffeine it is not a powerhouse like some of the others on the market. It does have a good dose of Citrulline Malate . I like the addition of taurine , which is a stable of mine anyway.
Then there is the addition of Astragin and Actigin, which are good players to the game but they are underdosed.
Now we get to something a bit different. Himalayan Rock salt for mineral support. I actually like this , slightly different approach but I dig it.
Next is the Alpha-glycerophosphocholine (Alpha-GPC or -GPC) which is a cholinergic compound that is used for its cognitive-promoting properties, and to enhance power output in athletes. It appears to also support cellular membranes, and may aid in preventing cognitive decline.
Now we get to the deer antler velvet. To be honest I am just not sure on how effect this is for anything. I know a guy personally that swears by it. But to me I feel some forget how strong a placebo effect can be.

Taste and dosage 6
I had the Blood Raz and , I was not a big fan of it. Tolerable but nothing that I really enjoyed. It was like a really strong fruit punch, ( which I hate ) with a touch of something else, but I am still not sure what the RAZ part of it is supposed to taste like. My wife said they should call it Pirate eye, because it was so tart it would make me do this face that she said would make me look like a pirate with one eye closed. Ha. I let her try it once and wouldn't you know, she was a ship mate too! Shimmer me timbers!

I started with one scoop and I could feel it for a while but as it went on I adjusted to 1 and 1/2 scoops, and that was perfect for me.

Effectiveness 8
Overall in effectiveness it worked well , Always good energy that lasted for a long time. Sometimes too long. Which will explain the title.
I get off work at 4:30 and go straight home, down a Pre, eat a Pre workout meal and back out the door. All by 5 pm. Now a couple times I got held up and took this at around 5:30 and let me say, Not sure how 1 hr can change that much but you can forget sleep that night!. So lets just say, take this after 5:30 and you have just _ucked up. Seriously.!.
Now I did have good focus , some tingles ( which I care less about ), Decent pumps. I had really good recovery between sets and great endurance.
Not bad for a pre workout. I feel it would work just as well without the deer antler stuff too.

Value 6.7
Not bad but I look at it this way. I usually shy away from buying a supplement that has something in it that is not truly proven to be effective. Not saying this Pre workout is not as a whole though. That being said, You can find this one esupplements.com for 39.00$ Which is about the normal for a tub of something theses days. It works good but some may find this just as strong as they want.
  • Blood Raz: 4/10

April 18, 2016

• No Prop Blends

Here's a review over a product from a brand I'm sure we've all heard of by now: Deer Antler Spray. This PWO has a pretty good looking profile that includes DAS Labs signature extract along with tried and true ingredients to go with it. Thank you to the TROOPS Program and of course to DAS Labs for the huge supply of Bucked Up to try!

Although my initial impression of DAS was another snake oil company, the release of this product caught my attention. Bucked Up has 6g of citrulline malate, 2g of beta, and 200mg of caffeine. Right off the bat, this (and the lack of a proprietary blend) matches my criteria for a solid profile.
Alpha GPC was initially used to treat diseases like Alzheimer's, but is available in the states as a supplement to improve memory and cognition.
Astragin is included to potentially increase absorption of citrulline by up to 67%.
Actigin is also on the profile to boost your VO2 Max and endurance overall.
And of course, Deer Antler Velvet, which is rich in IGF-1 and 2.
Modern staple ingredients with (personally) unfamiliar but promising ones make a curious PWO! For more information on the profile, see DAS Labs description of each ingredient --- http://buckedup.com/bucked-up-preworkout-key-ingredients/ ---

I believe Blood Raz is currently the only available flavor, which was pleasant to drink! Like cherry cotton candy maybe.. Mixability is fine as well, with little to no grit and no foaming. Dosing was easy to the end of the tub.

-Energy/Endurance-
Bucked Up has a pretty clean energy. I didn't experience any jitters or crash at the end of each workout. 200mg was enough to keep me training for as long as I needed. Endurance-wise, I found no significant increase, or change for that matter. Beta-tingles were noted! Gotta love em. Still good in this department.

-Focus-
Similar to endurance while on this product, my focus was unaffected.
Alpha GPC --- http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-supplements/ingredientmono-1087-alpha-gpc.aspx?activeingredientid=1087&activeingredientname=alpha-gpc ---

-Strength/Pumps-
While I will say my strength was not increased by Bucked Up, the pumps of this PWO were above par. This aspect really shined I'm guessing from Astragin. Though I've had other products with 6g of citrulline (which I respond well to), these pumps were especially full, often making me lose a lot of definition while the pumps were still there! Good stuff
No muscle growth was achieved while using this product.
Actigin and Astragin --- http://nulivscience.com/astragin/ ---
Deer Antler Velvet --- http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-supplements/ingredientmono-808-deer%20velvet.aspx?activeingredientid=808 ---

The value is a bit tricky since only certain aspects of the product can I deem effective. On DAS Labs website, you can pick up 30 servings for $50. It was available at esupplements.com for $40 but is currently out of stock. $1.67 per serving is not a value I see fit for this product. However, if it were $1.30 per, I feel the value would be more suitable.

Side Effects

During my first week of use, I noticed skin flushes during my workouts. I don't know of any of the listed ingredients that would cause this to happen... The flushes faded after more use (not sure if that was smart) with no other sides. I don't think this is a red flag, since I may be the only one to experience this. But we'll see

Conclusion

Overall, good product. Though DAS Labs may be built on a product that partially relies on anecdotal evidence, Bucked Up did a fine job in this category. Good pumps, good energy. That sounds like a solid PWO to me. I'd also like to mention that there was a hiccup in the amount of servings in the tubs sent out to the TROOPS. This was unnoticed by me personally, but DAS Labs went ahead and made sure that this issue was addressed in time for me to have a straight run of the product. *Thumbs up for great service. Thank you again to the TROOPS Program, and DAS Labs for the product to review!

April 17, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Increased Mental Sharpness
  • Properly Dosed
  • No Prop Blends
  • Good Tastes
  • Great Pumps
  • A Little Pricey
  • May Need To Increase Serving Sizes

Whats up everyone! First of all I want to thank the Troop Program and DAS labs for giving me the opportunity to try this product out! A little background, I am currently on a 4 day workout schedule for a meet prep and it has been kicking my rump lately. My training log is "Road To Redemption". I am a huge fan of preworkouts and specifically stimmy ones. Recently I have seen a trend with proper dosed pump products as well in the preworkouts. I was pretty impressed with the ingredient profile so I gave it a shot. Also thank you DAS labs for sending me a second container due to the first one only having 25 servings instead of the full thirty. I like to think of myself as a decent reviewer, but to think I would have caught this mistake, you guys are giving me waaayyy too much credit. Thank you nonetheless!

Again another trend I have seen lately is the fact that companies are now being transparent and open about what ingredients and the amounts of are actually in it. No prop blends always goes a long way with me. With two hundred mgs of caffeine for people like me this is pretty low which leads to higher amount of servings but nonetheless its the amount normally people should consume pre workout. Properly dosed citrulline and beta alanine. They also added "Deer Antler Extract" which supposedly is rich in IGF-1 and IGF-2. Cool concept however unless I am injecting(which I don't, haven't, nor will I) actual IGF-1&IGF-2 peptides I don't know if I buy an otc product containing them. My opinion take it for what its worth. Also they have another "growth hormone" , "Alphasize" that supposedly has been clinically shown to heighten mental focus. I can't talk down much on the ingredient profile because I feel it worked on most claims. I can't say all because I have no way of knowing first hand if my levels of insulin growth factor increased at all.

7.8/10
At first I wasn't into the taste whatsoever. I felt it tasted like cherry cough syrup. The longer I started using it the more I started to not only tolerate but actually enjoy it. I would normally take this on Saturdays or if I knew the weather was nice. The way my schedule is set up I workout than pull a 10-12 hour shift of hard manual labor. Saturdays are usually my easy day for work and not much going on (thanks Union!) and my workout routine is the most physical part of the day. When the weather is bad I have to Tarp trucks which I need more energy than one would think to do. I started with one scoop and never took two. Usually I would take about 1.25-1.5 scoops so I would have enough caffeine for my day. Mixability was never really an issue.

8.2/10
Wow, Holy focusing pumps! Even though I would up the servings with this product to get the desired amount of caffeine it was never really stimmy. Which was a nice change from my usual crack in a drink before lifting heavy weight. With this product I got laser like focus without feeling like I needed to be in a million places at once. Also the pumps on this was unreal! Granted I am jaded when it comes to this thanks to SD and HD cycles so I can't say "some of the best pumps of my entire life!" However I can easily say I got some of the craziest pumps from taking a preworkout alone. When I would go up to a heavy deadlift I had tunnel vision no matter who(you can imagine) or what was going on around me in a commercial gym. I feel the focus helped me focus on my form and what muscles I was using with each lift. So imagine only seeing what weight you are about to smash in a calm precise manner, smash it with force with a focus on every muscle moving it, racking the weight and feeling a skin popping(not tearing big difference) pump. That is what every set was like. The energy sustained throughout my workout but wasn't much left halfway through my shift. At a low dose of stims I see this as fair.

6.8/10

The cheapest I found was $40 for a 30 day supply. With pre's I always like to see a value of a dollar per serving. At the same time if a company needs to charge a little more because their overhead is steeper due to being able to put GMP certified (meaning that the facility is inspected so I know for sure there isn't a chance of drinking rat feces) than so be it.

Side Effects

I could feel the prickly sensation of the beta alanine which I wasn't a fan of but other than that there wasn't any that I noticed.

Conclusion

My conclusion on this product is this. Great package design by the way guys! If you want great pumps and focus, but you are very sensitive to stims this could be one of your better options. If you are like me and depend on stimulants to not only get through your work out but energy for the rest of the day, this would make a great preworkout to taper down. Thank you again DAS for correcting your mistake, speaks volumes on the type of company you guys are on your way to being.