Abnormal Reviews

By: Blackstone Labs

DEALS

Growth Enhancers > Prohormones
Abnormal is a Prohormone manufactured by Blackstone Labs. It is a synthetic version of hormones or hormone precursors that increase muscle strength, size and stamina, and can additionally aid in fat loss.

July 4, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Increase Endurance
  • Libido
  • Increased Strength
  • Mild Effects

Hello again SR! First I would like to thank Blackstone Labs for sending this out to review, and the SR TROOPS program for making the connection possible. I've been gone for a bit due to not having access to a computer for an extended period I wasn't ready for, and can't write reviews from phone. Abnormal was a decent PH to try, but 19-Nor based supplements just don't seem to work the greatest for me. Slight changes noticed, but nothing omazing (yes I intended to spell that wrong).

Ingredient profile is relatively simple, and in this type of supplement it's actually better. You have basically 3 19-nor variations that are supposed to allow your body the better chances of absorbing this type of prohormone and the tablets are supposed to be time released as well. Reason being so the tablets make it to your digestive track in order to work. Other than this nothing else added in worth noting.

Bitter and powdery tablets probably due to one of them being crushed since I ended with 59 tablets and crumbs of another lol no mixing to report and dosing for me was 2 tablets before bedtime.

Effectiveness is where it got me because I had hoped for it to work better. This is a great brand with effective products, but this one was just mild for me. Reason why I still recommend this is because 19-nor is a more beginners PH and I did experience some slight changes knowing it kicked in.

First off was the strength gains. I was doing 20lbs. increases to single rep PR's or anything, but I had the strength to put up more weight during 8-12 rep sets which is always the best part. Don't expect a PH to do everything for you. Gotta be able to move that weight if you want to see gains. Muscle endurance was also noticeable as I was able to workout for a little of 2 hours without any worries. I did use pre workout too so I'm sure that mixed into the process as well.

Appetite wise I didn't feel like I wanted to eat like other andro based supps, which was kinda disappointing. So in the end a decent PH with mild effects, but fell short to my expectations even though this supp isn't a "wet" PH. Libido was definitely higher and I was bugging wife even more while running this haha

For the effects I got the $64.99 price tag i'm finding for most bottles of this just is kinda high. I know it's in the fancier category of supplements, but for 19-nor I just think these should be a lower price than other andro variations. $64.99 makes it a little over $2.16 per serving, which should be lower for this product in my opinion and all 19-nor since effects are usually mild across the board by users.

Side Effects

Mild body pimples

Conclusion

Abnormal from Blackstone Labs is a decent PH to consider, but probably more better off for those first trying a prohormone for the first time. A safer version to consider as well if you're worried about any negative side effects for the body. Maybe 2 months of this stacked would work even better like a test booster and has me curious, but in the end this is what I have to report for you. Thanks again Blackstone Labs!

May 21, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Libido
  • No Noticeable Effects
  • Needs PCT

Here today to review the pro hormone/growth enhancer Abnormal by Blackstone labs. I am 35 years old, have been regularly training for over 15 years but have always been hesitant on pro hormones. I have had thyroid cancer 3 times, at the ages of 10, 12, and 17. Because of these endocrine system issues I have never really thought of trying PHs. However as I have gotten older, done more research etc. I thought this might be worth my while on trying. This being more on the mild side of the PH spectrum and it being advertised as being best for Lean gains and fat loss I thought this might be a good opportunity when it came up, but I ended up being a little disappointed. Here's how it worked for me.

I do t claim to be an expert with these compounds at all, but I will give props to Blackstone who has provided a ton of research and explanation on their website. Honestly this is why I pulled the trigger on this supplement as after watching/reading I felt I understood enough to make an informed decision. I definitely recommend reading their information if you're interested in their products. Basically this is a 50 mg blend of DHEA, which ends up converting to Nandrolone. Since DHEA has a pretty bad conversion rate, Blackstone touts a liposmal delivery system to enhance the effectiveness, which they also have a ton of research and explanation on their website. Overall, I will give the ingredient profile a good score because of the explanation of their ingredients as well as their effort to improve effectiveness through new techniques.

Good scores here as well as this was very easy to take. Two days a day, one in the morning and one in the evening with food. Just about as simple as you can get. These are small circle purple tabs that have no taste to them and are very easy to swallow. A protocol most of us will have no problem with.

So I was really hoping for a pretty big boost compared to my natural growth enhancers, but honestly I just didn't feel it. There was a slight boost near the end of the bottle where I noticed some increased muscle fullness and leaning as well as some libido, but that's about it. In fairness, I did not run an 8 week cycle with two bottles and maybe this is better on a bulking cycle, but I just didn't get much out of it. I was looking for all the tell tale signs of a testosterone boost with some acne, strength, aggression, etc. and I just didn't feel it. I took this with some on cycle support from VMI and I took Testogen by RCSS as a natty test booster PCT after and I felt an improvement much more after taking a week of that than when I was taking the abnormal. I broke out a little bit and had a big libido surge while taking Testogen. Maybe this was a little bounce back from the Abnormal as well, I'm not sure, but with the price, risk, etc. I just don't see enough to justify buying this again.

As I just mentioned, this is very expensive. Lowest I saw is $54 from eBay for a month supply. Black stone does have a 20% of for troopers from their website which makes this $68. If you have to buy two bottles of this for noticeable results that's very expensive, as well as riskier on your system.

Side Effects

Slight libido at the end of the bottle, but was void of most side effects both positive and negative. I did take VMI cycle support and Testogen by RCSS afterwards.

Conclusion

I was just hoping for more. I know this is a very mild prohormone and you can't expect life changing results from any supplement, but I have had better results from natty test boosters that are cheaper and safer.

May 9, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Increase Endurance
  • Could Be Underdosed

Before I start I want to thank Blackstone Labs for giving me the opportunity to review Abnormal. This is my first review for Blackstone Labs, I've been wanting to try some of their products for a long long time. When the opportunity arose I took it right away when Abnormal became available. Abnormal is a precursor to 19-Norandrostenediol which is non-methylated (non toxic to the liver). During the duration of this review I was training 4-5 days a week which in the middle of a powerlifting cycle.

- Pro Anabolic Precursor
- Anabolic: Androgenic Ratio of 12:1
- Timed Release Delivery System
- Not Liver Toxic

Abnormal (19-NorDHEA) is the precursor to 19-Norandrostenediol a preprohormone that converts to nandrolone (Deca). Nandolone is a synthetic, anabolic steroid analog of testosterone - 6x more anabolic than testosterone. The chemical structure is different from testosterone because it's missing the number 19 carbon atom and attached hydrogen atoms. Because of this structure there are less side effects such as prostate enlargement and hair loss.

There are two different esters: Lipophilic meaning it's more fat soluble
-Decanoate
-Enanthate

The only thing that worries me - since this is a blend what amounts are actually going to the esters?

Abnormal is in a blue/purple tablet form. The tablet has a tendency to become chalky if you don't drink it down/take food right away. There isn't much of a taste even when it becomes chalky. In regards to dosing I took one tablet twice a day with food - breakfast and dinner. Nors have a half-life up to six hours when compared to andros with 2 hours. Blackstone Labs introduced a Liposomal Delivery that allows for a sustained release for the entire cycle.
More about Liposomal Delivery can be found here: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4664963/

To judge the effectiveness of Abnormal I'm going to use a few different categories:

Strength: Really didn't notice much, didn't hit abnormally huge PRs - at the end of 30 days I noticed a 5lbs increase on compound lifts.

Endurance/Energy: My endurance was boosted, took less rest time between sets and wasn't feeling winded after training. There was more energy not only during training but throughout the day.

Muscles/Size: If it wasn't for counting my macros I really didn't see a muscle increase from just using Abnormal.

All in all there was some boost to overall athletic performance but nothing crazy.

The cheapest value I could find was for around $60, however the common price seems to be around $65. Price per tablet at the cheapest value is around $1 or $2 per serving. This seems to be a little bit higher than comparable 19-Nor-DHEA prohormones on the market. BlackStone Labs also offers a discount for active military members with 20% off.

Side Effects

Conclusion

In conclusion I found Abnormal to be quite weak for me. I'd say this would be better suited to someone over the age of 50 or someone who hasn't used this type of prohormone since its pretty safe to use. In the end I came out with more questions than answers after 30 days. As always with prohormones make sure to use/have post cycle therapy and cycle support.