Home > Categories > Amino Acids > Carnitine > NOW > L-Carnitine

NOW L-Carnitine

L-Carnitine NOW User Rating: (4 Reviews)

Review Authenticity: 98% (Well Trusted)

Compare Similar Products:

Products in the same category:

Ultimate L-Carnitine Reviews
L-Carnitine (2 Reviews)
9.5
Dymatize Liquid L-Carnitine 1100 Reviews
Liquid L-Carnitine 1100 (2 Reviews)
Neogenix BodyForge Reviews
BodyForge (1 Review)
Cheap Supplements Carnitine Reviews
Carnitine (1 Review)

Related Forum Topics

New L-Carnitine from Body Fortress.
I was grocery shopping at Ralphs and saw a liquid l-carnitine from Body Fortress...

AI Sports - CLA + L-Carnitine Product
New product release available Friday. https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hp...

I Need To Do A Supplement Purge (Protein, Fish Oils, L-Carnitine, etc)
OK. This is going to be a handful on supplement logistics. I am planning which s...

I am looking to cut, should i add L-Carnitine to this
hey guys, i am looking to cut i am going to be doing alphamine with super hd ......

Taking L-Carnitine, L-Tyrosine, and Taurine daily can cause headaches?
I'm hoping someone can give me the answer on why I'm starting to get h...

Hi guys , can anyone tell me if it's safe to take oxyelite with L-Carnitine ?
and i want to add omega 3-6-9 and a multivitamin is it safe to take ? thanks in ...

Whey Protein Hydrosolate, ZMA, CLA, L-Carnitine, L-Glutamine... over-rated?
I came across an interesting article on livestrong dot com titled The 20 Most Ov...

11 Super Side Effects From Taking L-Carnitine
I have never taking L-Carnitine before but I thought I would share this for the ...

Get Involved!

Confused about Supplements?

FREE 7-Day Supplement Crash Course:

Description

L-Carnitine Nutritional Info and Supplement Facts on: Links open in new window
L-Carnitine Reviews:
Pros:
Cons:
  • Good Value (3)
  • Not Effective (2)
  • Could Not Tell If It Was Working (2)
  • Too Expensive (1)
Have you used L-Carnitine? Submit your own Review!
September 21, 2012

Berend

Reviews: 4

Age: 34

September 21, 2012
 I use carnitine with other supplements to increase mental and physical energy. I prefer it above caffeine or other stimulating agents. Now carnitine is one of the most affordable ones and yet as effective. I use it together with Q10. When I'm jogging I feel the difference between when I'm on it or of it. But also when I'm studying or trying to learn intensively about some topic on internet.
    November 26, 2011

GymJunkie

Reviews: 34

Age: 24

November 26, 2011
     Priced really good if you know where to buy. paid $16 for 50 tablets of their 1000mg. Only thing I can complain about is that its tablets and not a fast absorbing cap or even faster liquid. Plus its L-Carnitine so its difficult to tell if its actually working.
    • Could Not Tell If It Was Working
    March 10, 2011

Age: 16

March 10, 2011
     While the product above is regular L-Carnitine, I used Acetyl-L Carnitine but had nowhere to post a review. This is my second review and I have worked hard on it in order to make it a great review of a product lacking reviews. I have modeled this review of those of Petey and Manimal by the way.

Dosing/Value: 9/10
    $9.19 from AllStarHealth.com (I love their website). 50 capsules and 500mg per capsule. Directions say 1 capsule, 1-3 times per day and I took it once with breakfast and once with dinner. 37 cents per day is not bad but I should have gotten a larger size as this did not last me very long.

Cognitive-related Claims: 7/10
    Acetyl l-Carnitine is claimed as having an effect on focus and cognitive abilities. This was not true for me. I did not see an increase in any memory or brain function areas. While I am recovering from 3 concussions, my condition has gotten better. This could be from this product but it also could be from me getting more sleep and resting my brain/body.

Here are some claims on the bottle by NOW: ““supports cellular energy production by assisting in the transport of fat into mitochondria… Can cross the blood-brain barrier where it exerts and antioxidant effect, helps to maintain healthy cellular energy metabolism and supports brain function”

Obviously I saw none of those affects but I don’t think over 25 days anyone would.

While I was using this product, I was also using Bronkaid and Caffeine (EC stack) 1-1.5 times per day, Optimum Nutrition’s CLA, among other supplements. I also was working out for the first time in about 6 months. I lost about 7 pounds of fat and replaced it with 5 pounds of muscle in about 2.5 months. This change was quite profound but I would not put the changes in my body composition on the shoulder’s of this product. If anything, maybe it helped but the results wouldn’t be too pronounced. I Originally looked at l-carnitine for weight loss, but figured acetyl-l carnitine would aid in weight loss and cognitive areas.

I give it an 8 since I do not want to be too harsh. I should have been smarter and used this for a longer time period. Right now I am undecided on whether or not I like this product. If I come across some money or really get into the weight room after lacrosse season is over, I will give this a shot for a good 3 months.

Isaac
    • Could Not Tell If It Was Working
    Reply #1:
    BrooklynBuff
    BrooklynBuff

Reviews: 11
    Reputation: +801
    Great review bro,I'm skeptical of carnitine myself,never can pinpoint results+

Reply #2:

Reputation: +107
    Thanks man. I find it weird that many people recommend it yet there's like NO results for it.
    If my review gets bumped down by 1 paragraph craps I'm not gonna be happy... :(

Reply #3:
    bignastyrico
    bignastyrico

Joined: 6/2010
    Reviews: 151
    Reputation: +694
    good review. i have used carnitine for awhile now but it did take several months at at least 2-4g a day to notice a slight difference. but it really needs to be combine with other supps

Reply #4:

Reputation: +107
    As stated I used this with:
    Bronkaid
    Caffeine
    Dymatize Elite Whey
    ON Pro Complex
    ON CLA
    SuperCissus RX

but @ 2-4g wouldnt it get expensive?

August 22, 2010

Age: 16

August 22, 2010
     when I started taking this i was looking to lose a little bit of weight. As I started to take this I saw nothing happen, even with diet and exercise. I also started to get sick two days into taking the pills.
    You can either take 1 2 or 3 pills but doing one doesnt help at all, two would help if fat percent is over 35 and 3 pills a day is expensive, almost a dollar a day.

I would not suggest this id rather see someone buy a fat burner.
      Reply #1:

Reputation: +107
      Do you think the flaw is the product or the just basis of l-carnitine helping fat loss?

Reply #2:

Reputation: +59
      That is a very good question, I am not sure. I believe if you can find l-caritine for a cheaper price why not a try it, but this was around 45$.

I did hear from a friend that BIs l-carnitine was very good, but thats even more expensive

Reply #3:
      deeja
      deeja

Joined: 5/2010
      Reviews: 17
      Reputation: +379
      l-carnitine works great for me. Depends on the person i think.

Reply #4:

Reputation: +59
      true I believe theres way better supplements out there that will help you achieve your goals faster and cheaper for what l-caritine is suppose to do.

Reply #5:
      matt77h
      matt77h

Joined: 3/2010
      Reviews: 21
      Reputation: +50
      Doesn't this work by help using fat for energy? I have seen great results taking this. I take 1g pre workout or HIIT/Plyo sessions. I personally love the stuff. The wonders it has done for me truly sucks it didn't do it for you.

Reply #6:

Reputation: +59
      yes the energy part is right but the problem was i was becoming weak and sick but i am glad this worked for you.

Have you used L-Carnitine? Submit your own Review!